PDA

View Full Version : Black Friday

Denver Native (Carol)
11-21-2007, 01:22 PM
I don't know what it is like where people outside of the Denver Metro area live, but here on this coming Friday, MANY stores will open at 4 AM. I'm sorry, but to me, that is just a little bit tooooooooo much. I really feel sorry for the sales associates who have to be there at that ridiculous time.

underrated29
11-21-2007, 01:44 PM
I sure as hell am not opening my business at 4 am on friday. fact of the matter is i am not opening it at all. We will be closed and everyone gets a nice 4 day holiday weekend.

But we dont sell tv's, bikes,chocolates and all that other after thanksgiving crap either.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-21-2007, 01:55 PM
I sure as hell am not opening my business at 4 am on friday. fact of the matter is i am not opening it at all. We will be closed and everyone gets a nice 4 day holiday weekend.

But we dont sell tv's, bikes,chocolates and all that other after thanksgiving crap either.

Good for you underrated29 - I :salute: you.

And, what's worse than some of the stores opening up at 4AM on Friday, there was a KMart insert in today's paper, and they so PROUDLY state:

Shop Thanksgiving Day! 7AM - 9PM

I suppose some might go and shop there on Thanksgiving, but what is KMart thinking - do they not RESPECT their employees any more than to EXPECT them to work on Thanksgiving? And last year KMart was also open on Christmas???? I am sorry, but I will not even shop there anymore.

underrated29
11-21-2007, 02:04 PM
Good for you underrated29 - I :salute: you.

And, what's worse than some of the stores opening up at 4AM on Friday, there was a KMart insert in today's paper, and they so PROUDLY state:

Shop Thanksgiving Day! 7AM - 9PM

I suppose some might go and shop there on Thanksgiving, but what is KMart thinking - do they not RESPECT their employees any more than to EXPECT them to work on Thanksgiving? And last year KMart was also open on Christmas???? I am sorry, but I will not even shop there anymore.

THATS horrible. i hate that. I mean iguess maybe kmart could be open until like 11 or something, incase you forgot some food, or ran out of something or whatever, but seriously. I actually put more blame on the people who shop there. They are ones creating the demad to be open.

Iknow for some places like movie theaters, bowling alleys etc. That lots of people will go there, and i remember as a teen working in a similiar place i actually liked working on turkey day for the double time, and i was still able to make it home around 4 or 5 when we usually ate it. So there are some people out there who like to work it, but forcing employees to work it is wrong me thinks

Denver Native (Carol)
11-21-2007, 02:09 PM
THATS horrible. i hate that. I mean iguess maybe kmart could be open until like 11 or something, incase you forgot some food, or ran out of something or whatever, but seriously. I actually put more blame on the people who shop there. They are ones creating the demad to be open.

Iknow for some places like movie theaters, bowling alleys etc. That lots of people will go there, and i remember as a teen working in a similiar place i actually liked working on turkey day for the double time, and i was still able to make it home around 4 or 5 when we usually ate it. So there are some people out there who like to work it, but forcing employees to work it is wrong me thinks

You are right, it is the public who is to blame. If no one came, there would be no reason to stay open. I do my grocery shopping at King Soopers, and they are closing at 3:00 on Thanksgiving. I can understand a grocery store being open, as there will be people who have forgot or need last minute things, but by closing at 3:00, it still gives their employees time to enjoy Thanksgiving with their families.

underrated29
11-21-2007, 02:15 PM
exactley, and that is imo the right thing to do (king soopers and co.).

And for all those greedy owners out there (like kmart etc.) who are making them stay open so you can make some extra dollars. I want to see you out there and working in your store if its that important.

I know as we both just said it is actually us the comsumer that creates the demand for them to be open, even then though, the owners can bite the bullet for one day and close, or as i said. If they are so desperate and greedy to stay open to make that money, then you better be there yourself.

ps.- i dont have time to fix it, but sorry for the bad punctuation, that was very hard to read. Next time i will make that more like english instead of runs ons and fragments

KCL
11-21-2007, 02:20 PM
I never shop the day after Thanksgiving.There is nothing out there that
I cannot buy later and all the stores will be having Christmas sales up until
Christmas Eve.

Kohls here in KC is opening at 4 AM and Best Buy is opening at 5 AM.
I am sure alot of stores will be opening early.

4 AM...:shocked: I will be sleeping.... :sleeping:

Jody
11-21-2007, 03:04 PM

What? You don't want to awake at 3:00 a.m. to open the doors to aggressive female shoppers? I'm shocked! :D

I don't shop during these 'peak' types of days anyhow --- I'm afraid I might either get killed or trampled to death. It's really not a joke, you know?

Here, the first 100 people get a $500.00 gift certificate, the first 500 people are guaranteed a gift certificate from $10-$500.00. Can you imagine the anxiety some of these people will feel when standing in line who 'desperately' need that money? People have killed for a lot less cash.

What type of business do you have UR, if you don't mind me asking that is?

Jody
11-21-2007, 03:05 PM
I never shop the day after Thanksgiving.There is nothing out there that
I cannot buy later and all the stores will be having Christmas sales up until
Christmas Eve.

Kohls here in KC is opening at 4 AM and Best Buy is opening at 5 AM.
I am sure alot of stores will be opening early.

4 AM...:shocked: I will be sleeping.... :sleeping:

What are you getting me for Christmas this year KCLady? :confused:
Besides a lot of 'guff'. :D

underrated29
11-21-2007, 03:16 PM
What type of business do you have UR, if you don't mind me asking that is?

THE one i am speaking of is not mine, Im just one of the managers. However my business is wholesale of various goods/items. But i am just getting it off the ground.

Did i read that right that your store is giving away $500 gift certificates. Which one do you have so i can show up and get one.:wink: I dont mind staying out all night for $500.

Jody
11-21-2007, 03:18 PM
THE one i am speaking of is not mine, Im just one of the managers. However my business is wholesale of various goods/items. But i am just getting it off the ground.

Did i read that right that your store is giving away $500 gift certificates. Which one do you have so i can show up and get one.:wink: I dont mind staying out all night for $500.

Not 'my' store, thankfully, I left retail 20 years ago. These prizes are being given out at the malls around town. Geez UR, I don't envy 'you' at this time of year being in retail. ;)

underrated29
11-21-2007, 03:31 PM
ha i suppose its retial, but its not really twards public. Its geared more towards the private sector and businesses. (its really just a side thing that i am doing to bring in extra cash, so its not like i am going to build it up into this big company. Just enough to pay the bills so the rest of the income goes to fun stuff.) Plus its all at my own will of when i want to get a company involved, so there isnt really any pressure to get stuff in or done by holidays- but it always helps.

Jody
11-21-2007, 03:36 PM
ha i suppose its retial, but its not really twards public. Its geared more towards the private sector and businesses. (its really just a side thing that i am doing to bring in extra cash, so its not like i am going to build it up into this big company. Just enough to pay the bills so the rest of the income goes to fun stuff.) Plus its all at my own will of when i want to get a company involved, so there isnt really any pressure to get stuff in or done by holidays- but it always helps.

That's 'good news' UR and I'm happy for you. Retail causes lots of anxiety when there is Christmas shoppers.

Plus....now you can actually 'enjoy' your holidays.

Fun stuff....I almost forgot what that was. :D

underrated29
11-21-2007, 03:47 PM
That's 'good news' UR and I'm happy for you. Retail causes lots of anxiety when there is Christmas shoppers.

Plus....now you can actually 'enjoy' your holidays.

Fun stuff....I almost forgot what that was. :D

i sure hope you dont forget fun stuff. Thats what makes everything else worth doing... Unless you are retired, then i suppose you dont have to worry about much except fun stuff...

oh, and didnt mean to dodge your original question, i was just excitied about my other venture. Um....well actually several other members have tried to guess what i do, none of them got it, but it is pretty easy to figure out. However, my line is very competative and there are lots of leaches out there who would love to just attach themselves to us and get everything out that they can. so maybe i shall just leave it as a guessing game for a little while longer.

Hope that doesnt bother you, does it?

Jody
11-21-2007, 03:55 PM
i sure hope you dont forget fun stuff. Thats what makes everything else worth doing... Unless you are retired, then i suppose you dont have to worry about much except fun stuff...

oh, and didnt mean to dodge your original question, i was just excitied about my other venture. Um....well actually several other members have tried to guess what i do, none of them got it, but it is pretty easy to figure out. However, my line is very competative and there are lots of leaches out there who would love to just attach themselves to us and get everything out that they can. so maybe i shall just leave it as a guessing game for a little while longer.

Hope that doesnt bother you, does it?

Doesn't bother me a bit, UR...I like games. And keeping some here guessing, is part of the fun! No, I'm far from retirement...and I have not 'really' forgotten about the fun stuff, just got put on the back burner for a little too long, if you know what I mean. Yes, there are a few 'leaches' here, so I understand your 'mission'. If you enjoy that venture, isn't that 'all' that really counts?

schnooks1
11-21-2007, 03:55 PM
I believe in COMPUTERS!! ON-LINE shopping! You can do it at any hour, any day and sometimes you get the BEST deals just shopping online!!

Happy Turkey DAY EVERYONE!!

OB
11-21-2007, 04:04 PM
Maybe this is where all the jobs us americans wont do but the illegals will comes into play - hell half of this country probably doesnt recognize thanksgiving as a holiday because they arent American :rolleyes:

But with that said there are only TWO days out of the WHOLE entire year our restaurant closes and thats Thanksgiving and xmas (and if the owner had it his way he'd prolly be open tday - but none of us would work :laugh: )

My sis in law does that crazy early shopping crap - it saves her a lot of money - so she says

But 4am - thats insane - just insane - you'd have to be giving away the stuff in the store along with money for me to get up on a cold morning at 4am

OB
11-21-2007, 04:05 PM
I believe in COMPUTERS!! ON-LINE shopping! You can do it at any hour, any day and sometimes you get the BEST deals just shopping online!!

Ding Ding Ding - we have a winner

Half of the crap i bought last year I got off ebay at incredible prices -

The whole series seasons 1-6 of Sopranos $99 :eek: :elefant:

Uncle Buck
11-21-2007, 04:58 PM

I hear that, schnooks! I buy EVERYTHING online--including automobiles! :D

Jody
11-21-2007, 05:17 PM
I hear that, schnooks! I buy EVERYTHING online--including automobiles! :D

schnooks is a very dear friend of mine....she taught me everything I know about online shopping. However....Ms. Schnooks....you never told me you could purchase automobiles online too! ;) Nothing better than shopping online. Missing out on the elbow butting and crowded parking lots is of no loss in my life! Plus, I can go online and do comparison shopping...soooo much quicker than traveling by car and wasting gas, and still....remain in my pajamas and drinking a glass of wine. Online shopping's the best! :D

schnooks1
11-21-2007, 05:35 PM
schnooks is a very dear friend of mine....she taught me everything I know about online shopping. However....Ms. Schnooks....you never told me you could purchase automobiles online too! ;) Nothing better than shopping online. Missing out on the elbow butting and crowded parking lots is of no loss in my life! Plus, I can go online and do comparison shopping...soooo much quicker than traveling by car and wasting gas, and still....remain in my pajamas and drinking a glass of wine. Online shopping's the best! :D

Awww shucks... I knew you could buy them online, but if I told you how to do it, it would go like... " yep it is blue and has 4 doors!" You know me and CARS!! :confused:

KCL
11-21-2007, 05:42 PM
What are you getting me for Christmas this year KCLady? :confused:
Besides a lot of 'guff'.

HMMMM...Let me think about that...:confused:

Oh I would say....but I want it to be a nice surprise...:laugh:

How do I fit a 6'4 piece of "pie" in a box? Does that sound good.Sounds like
you may be able to put something like that to good use...;)

Jody
11-21-2007, 05:43 PM
Awww shucks... I knew you could buy them online, but if I told you how to do it, it would go like... " yep it is blue and has 4 doors!" You know me and CARS!! :confused:

Yep, this is sounding more like 'you' all the time. :D I forget that 'I' was the one who knew the years, makes, and how to work on some things under the hood. Yet, those days are long gone...now I believe in mechanics all the way! I will refer to you on this board as M&M, my personal trademark for you, because schnooks just doesn't feel 'natural'. And it's getting to be about that time again, isn't it? Shopping online that is. Then just sit back and 'wait' for everything to come to us. Ahhhh....online's the best! You know that---you are quite the pro.

For my fellow posters....this is a lady I've known my entire life. She knows the 'good' things about me and the 'not so good'. Take good care of her, she's a sweet one. ;)

KCL
11-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Doesn't bother me a bit, UR...I like games. And keeping some here guessing, is part of the fun! No, I'm far from retirement...and I have not 'really' forgotten about the fun stuff, just got put on the back burner for a little too long, if you know what I mean. Yes, there are a few 'leaches' here, so I understand your 'mission'. If you enjoy that venture, isn't that 'all' that really counts?

Time to get it off the back burner girl...;)

Jody
11-21-2007, 05:52 PM
Time to get it off the back burner girl...;)

It's just 'sittin there' (the fun) waiting to explode, believe me...
things are starting to fall together very well - and I'm even starting to feel a little 'spontaneous' again (does not equal stupid - just for clarity).

In fact, next week...I'm treating myself to a late birthday present (quite a late birthday present actually). It's going to be worth my while! It's something just for me, not my daughter either.

What are you going to buy for yourself for Christmas KCLady? One should always buy themself a gift. :D

KCL
11-21-2007, 05:55 PM
It's just 'sittin there' (the fun) waiting to explode, believe me...
things are starting to fall together very well - and I'm even starting to feel a little 'spontaneous' again (does not equal stupid - just for clarity).

In fact, next week...I'm treating myself to a late birthday present (quite a late birthday present actually). It's going to be worth my while! It's something just for me, not my daughter either.

What are you going to buy for yourself for Christmas KCLady? One should always buy themself a gift. :D

well you should do something just for you Jody.I won't ask what it is;)
Not sure what I will buy myself if anything.

Jody
11-21-2007, 05:57 PM
well you should do something just for you Jody.I won't ask what it is;)
Not sure what I will buy myself if anything.

Now, now.....

You *must* buy something for yourself - something you 'really' want that no one else would purchase for you. It's important to take care of yourself a little from time to time, afterall....we work so hard lady. It's a little rejuvinating!

Jody
11-21-2007, 06:00 PM
HMMMM...Let me think about that...:confused:

Oh I would say....but I want it to be a nice surprise...

How do I fit a 6'4 piece of "pie" in a box? Does that sound good.Sounds like
you may be able to put something like that to good use...;)

Honestly....I think I'm ready for pie and to go dancing! :D
Yet, YOU can't get me that. :laugh:

I know what I'm gettin' you! Yes I do!

KCL
11-21-2007, 06:01 PM
Now, now.....

You *must* buy something for yourself - something you 'really' want that no one else would purchase for you. It's important to take care of yourself a little from time to time, afterall....we work so hard lady. It's a little rejuvinating!

well now that you put it that a way...I guess I will have to think about it.:D

KCL
11-21-2007, 06:02 PM
Honestly....I think I'm ready for pie and to go dancing! :D
Yet, YOU can't get me that. :laugh:

I know what I'm gettin' you! Yes I do!

Oh my....should I be worried or happy?:confused:

Jody
11-21-2007, 06:08 PM
Why...UR...that's 'quite' the limb. And no, not quite that seductive. :D

KCL
11-21-2007, 06:09 PM
My only comment is NO COMMENT...:laugh:

Jody
11-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Oh my....should I be worried or happy?:confused:

Well, I don't know how to answer that....
I don't even know if "I" should be 'worried' or 'happy'. :laugh:

KCL
11-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Why...UR...that's 'quite' the limb. And no, not quite that seductive. :D

I never thought of one of those as a limb...;)

Jody
11-21-2007, 06:11 PM
My only comment is NO COMMENT...:laugh:

Well UR....this is a funny surprise to me.....

YOU actually made KCL a little speechless there.
Never thought that could happen. :D

And just to stay 'on topic'....

Who here shops online besides buck, schnooks, and me???

KCL
11-21-2007, 06:11 PM
Well, I don't know how to answer that....
I don't even know if "I" should be 'worried' or 'happy'. :laugh:

Now I am worried...:shocked:

Uncle Buck
11-21-2007, 06:14 PM

Well I didn’t know that Schnooks was a “Ms.” (Hi, Ms. Schnooks!)

First off, online car shopping is not everything it’s advertised to be. As a veteran of online car shopping (last two vehicle purchases were initiated online), the online part is counterpart to the “good cop” in “good cop/bad cop.” And you know where the “bad cop” part kicks in.

That’s right, when you get sequestered to the isolation of the “finance officer’s” chambers—after the salesman (part of the “good cop” team) leads you down the corridor to that “Last Mile,” when you gleefully belief that there will be NO hidden charges!

In the words of Janis Joplin, “It’s all the same <BLEEPIN’> thing, ma-a-a-nnnnn….

If someone who can tell me a happy-ending to online shopping that bypasses the Horror of Chambers (a.k.a. dealer showroom) at the grand finale’, I will be most appreciative!

Of course it has been some 6 years since I purchased my last vehicle, online. Perhaps things have changed between then and now? But, last that I remember, I hashed out the deal with the salesman—via email—at which point that I was on the brink of actually going down to pick up the vehicle. I told him—on no uncertain terms—that there would be NO add-on’s, no hidden charges, no dealer chicanery of any nuance of the term…”Right, head-gasket breath???”

Yeah, right.

Well, after spending upwards of THREE SOLID HOURS between the showroom and their torture chamber down the hall, I was at wit’s end when the humorless automaton within the chamber laid the “dealers prep” and “destination charges” on my lap.

I’d simply HAD it at that point!

“So, how do you figger, ma’am? I came down here under the auspices that there were to be NO hidden charges!” (Nevermind the oil change for life, they attempted to sell me!)

“Well, sir, it is clearly established that these are the usual fees attached to a new car purchase.”

Still a bit in shock, I rose from my position from the (“electric?”) chair, and told her that I was feeling a little faint from hunger (which she could probably related to, working for a party of vampires). “I’m going over to Wendy’s down the street, and I’ll mull this over, over a Jr. cheeseburger deluxe, and a cup of chili.”

LOL!

You just KNOW what happened next?! She manages to tackle me (body not yet cold) before I could escape, an in walks the Sales Manager. You just KNOW that, most of the paperwork in process, and a warm body with loan pre-approval is NOT going to be allowed out of their chambers without every means of preserving the deal strenuously attempted!

With an ashen face the SR tells backs up Safety with, “We cannot deviate from our destination charges, but will waive dealer’s prep.”

“I understand, and thanks for your time, anyway.” By now my hunger for Wendy had overtaken my desire to buy that loaded Ford Ranger with the off-road package.

“Scratch the prep charges and sign him,” he barked to his SS officer, then left the room in a huff. :mad:

Happy ending, but WAY too long of a stage play!

Jody
11-21-2007, 06:14 PM
I never thought of one of those as a limb...;)

Uh-oh....

It's writing on the wall now where this is going. :rolleyes:

Astrass
11-21-2007, 06:35 PM
On the bright side.....I believe those Kmart employees get 3x their normal pay for working on major holidays. Probably money they can really use for the rest of the holiday season. I'm sure if someone wanted it off there would be someone else willing to cover for them.... I don't feel that bad for them. Heck, I worked at Vons when I has a teen ager and worked on some mojor holidays. People were happy to get the extra money.

KCL
11-21-2007, 06:39 PM
Uh-oh....

It's writing on the wall now where this is going. :rolleyes:

don't roll your eyes at me. Where do you want this to go?:laugh:

schnooks1
11-21-2007, 06:40 PM

First off, online car shopping is not everything it’s advertised to be. As a veteran of online car shopping (last two vehicle purchases were initiated online), the online part is counterpart to the “good cop” in “good cop/bad cop.” And you know where the “bad cop” part kicks in.

That’s right, when you get sequestered to the isolation of the “finance officer’s” chambers—after the salesman (part of the “good cop” team) leads you down the corridor to that “Last Mile,” when you gleefully belief that there will be NO hidden charges!

In the words of Janis Joplin, “It’s all the same <BLEEPIN’> thing, ma-a-a-nnnnn….

If someone who can tell me a happy-ending to online shopping that bypasses the Horror of Chambers (a.k.a. dealer showroom) at the grand finale’, I will be most appreciative!

Of course it has been some 6 years since I purchased my last vehicle, online. Perhaps things have changed between then and now? But, last that I remember, I hashed out the deal with the salesman—via email—at which point that I was on the brink of actually going down to pick up the vehicle. I told him—on no uncertain terms—that there would be NO add-on’s, no hidden charges, no dealer chicanery of any nuance of the term…”Right, head-gasket breath???”

Yeah, right.

Well, after spending upwards of THREE SOLID HOURS between the showroom and their torture chamber down the hall, I was at wit’s end when the humorless automaton within the chamber laid the “dealers prep” and “destination charges” on my lap.

“So, how do you figger, ma’am? I came down here under the auspices that there were to be NO hidden charges!” (Nevermind the oil change for life, they attempted to sell me!)

“Well, sir, it is clearly established that these are the usual fees attached to a new car purchase.”

Still a bit in shock, I rose from my position from the (“electric?”) chair, and told her that I was feeling a little faint from hunger (which she could probably related to, working for a party of vampires). “I’m going over to Wendy’s down the street, and I’ll mull this over, over a Jr. cheeseburger deluxe, and a cup of chili.”

LOL!

You just KNOW what happened next?! She manages to tackle me (body not yet cold) before I could escape, an in walks the Sales Manager. You just KNOW that, most of the paperwork in process, and a warm body with loan pre-approval is NOT going to be allowed out of their chambers without every means of preserving the deal strenuously attempted!

With an ashen face the SR tells backs up Safety with, “We cannot deviate from our destination charges, but will waive dealer’s prep.”

“I understand, and thanks for your time, anyway.” By now my hunger for Wendy had overtaken my desire to buy that loaded Ford Ranger with the off-road package.

“Scratch the prep charges and sign him,” he barked to his SS officer, then left the room in a huff. :mad:

Hello Uncle Buck!

I do believe that buying a car online depends on who you are dealing with for sure. It has changed a lot in the last 6 years. Just think of what you can see now online, and that internet salesperson can run right out and take some more pics of the radio if you want them to, and ship it out to you via e-mail. They probably did that 6 years ago, but it wasn't as easy. My hubby is the internet mgr for a toyota store. He gets stories like yours all the time and it really ticks him off. He believes that the whole idea of the online process it to know what you are spending before you pick up your item. That is how he runs his show at least.
Online shopping has it's hang-ups sometimes but like my bud Jody said you can do it in your jammies! That rocks!!:elefant:

Jody
11-21-2007, 06:41 PM

Yeah, right.

LOL!

Sounds like an experience I had years ago purchasing a Mazda 626 deluxe. After the salesman sold me this car, he was fired. Yet, I walked in (after already dealing with other lots and leaving myself with disgust) that I wanted this particular car at a particular price and no, I'm not paying for the mats, among other things. You can walk in looking so sweet and they think you are such an idiot sometimes....the floor salesmen. However, in all honesty, I don't know if I could repeat my success again...as it all boils down to timing sometimes, and determination of the buyer. Did you ever make it to wendy's?

underrated29
11-21-2007, 06:44 PM
sorry jody, i meant kc for the suggestion - its right up her alley.

i thought you would go somewhere, like a mini vacation or something.

Jody
11-21-2007, 06:44 PM
don't roll your eyes at me. Where do you want this to go?:laugh:

It's up to UR in the end it appears.:D

Hey...I'll roll my eyes at you any old time I feel like it! :D

Jody
11-21-2007, 06:50 PM
On the bright side.....I believe those Kmart employees get 3x their normal pay for working on major holidays. Probably money they can really use for the rest of the holiday season. I'm sure if someone wanted it off there would be someone else willing to cover for them.... I don't feel that bad for them. Heck, I worked at Vons when I has a teen ager and worked on some mojor holidays. People were happy to get the extra money.

Usually the management in retail is the problem, well...it was for me anyhow. They could play so 'dirty'. For an example, I was working as a part-time bookkeeper and a cashier for a 'major' chain. When they'd hang the 'new schedule' up, unbeknown to them, I'd make a copy of it on the copier (because I knew their ways of dealing with employees all too well). I was scheduled off Christmas Eve. So, Christmas Eve came around, and I had my entire family at my home partying. I get a call from my general manager who asked me why I was not there working. I said, "Hey, Jerry...I'm not scheduled for tonight." He said your schedule says you are to work tonight. I said, "Is that the original schedule I made a copy of or one that was doctored?" He then said, "You have to come in". I said, "No, I do not and if you feel the need to fire me, so be it." No....I wasn't fired, but you know what? It was because I made a copy of the original schedule....they knew I would use that against them. Know what? I would 'have'. :D These are common tactics of retail management. I know, I was a recruiter for the union, and heard a lot of stories.

schnooks1
11-21-2007, 06:50 PM
Yep, this is sounding more like 'you' all the time. :D I forget that 'I' was the one who knew the years, makes, and how to work on some things under the hood. Yet, those days are long gone...now I believe in mechanics all the way! I will refer to you on this board as M&M, my personal trademark for you, because schnooks just doesn't feel 'natural'. And it's getting to be about that time again, isn't it? Shopping online that is. Then just sit back and 'wait' for everything to come to us. Ahhhh....online's the best! You know that---you are quite the pro.

For my fellow posters....this is a lady I've known my entire life. She knows the 'good' things about me and the 'not so good'. Take good care of her, she's a sweet one. ;)

:happy:Awww There aren't too many "not so good things" about you my dear! (but when we team up... watch out!!) I thank you! and appreciate that you know me and cars!!

Jody
11-21-2007, 06:52 PM
sorry jody, i meant kc for the suggestion- its right up her alley.

Oh, no need to apologize to me, UR....that's 'good news' and very funny.:laugh: So....KCLady gets the vibrator and I get the mini vacation.
What do you know. :D

KCL
11-21-2007, 06:55 PM
Well UR....this is a funny surprise to me.....

YOU actually made KCL a little speechless there.
Never thought that could happen. :D

And just to stay 'on topic'....

Who here shops online besides buck, schnooks, and me???

I shop online sometimes.Depends on what I want to buy.

And Jody....I would think you know better by now...I am NEVER at
a loss for words....I just thought it was best for the board not to
comment...;)

KCL
11-21-2007, 06:57 PM
sorry jody, i meant kc for the suggestion - its right up her alley.

Right up my alley:confused: Now I am confused which doesnt
happen often.

Nomad
11-21-2007, 06:58 PM
My wife and her friend are heading to Bismarck Friday, but not for the early bird specials. I'll be home with the kids, staying safe from the crowds, and watching some football.

KCL
11-21-2007, 06:59 PM
Oh, no need to apologize to me, UR....that's 'good news' and very funny.:laugh: So....KCLady gets the ( ) and I get the mini vacation.
What do you know. :D

I want the mini vacation....Jody can have the limb.:D

Jody
11-21-2007, 07:17 PM
My wife and her friend are heading to Bismarck Friday, but not for the early bird specials. I'll be home with the kids, staying safe from the crowds, and watching some football.

Wife is gone? No obligatory socializing? Sounds like a 'perfect' day!
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family btw.

Jody
11-21-2007, 07:21 PM
I want the mini vacation....Jody can have the limb.:D

"the limb?" :scared:

If you were to buy a mini vacation online....where would you want to go?

I'd want to go to Idaho I think....a cabin in the mountains....surrounded by bears and moose. Perhaps a small town close by for a restaurant, and a village 'bar' for fun. However, it 'must' have electricity in the town (obviously), but at the cabin.

Oh well...back to reality. Have to run to the store to purchase my goods for making apple pies and breakfast casserole tonight. Will be back after while though....

KCL
11-21-2007, 07:23 PM
"the limb?" :scared:

If you were to buy a mini vacation online....where would you want to go?

I'd want to go Idaho I think....a cabin in the mountains....surrounded by bears and moose. Perhaps a small town close by for a restaurant, and a village 'bar' for fun. However, it 'must' have electricity.

That sounds nice Jody...a cabin with a fireplace going...a drink and something, I mean somebody warm to cuddle up next to....OH YEAH!!!:elefant:

Uncle Buck
11-21-2007, 07:58 PM
Hello Uncle Buck!

I do believe that buying a car online depends on who you are dealing with for sure. It has changed a lot in the last 6 years. Just think of what you can see now online, and that internet salesperson can run right out and take some more pics of the radio if you want them to, and ship it out to you via e-mail. They probably did that 6 years ago, but it wasn't as easy. My hubby is the internet mgr for a toyota store. He gets stories like yours all the time and it really ticks him off. He believes that the whole idea of the online process it to know what you are spending before you pick up your item. That is how he runs his show at least.
Online shopping has it's hang-ups sometimes but like my bud Jody said you can do it in your jammies! That rocks!!:elefant:

Howdy Schnooks, and pleased ta "meet" cha!

Well, six years later, I'm on the brink of experiencing online car shoppin' again, only via today's state-of-the art. I'll let you know how it turns out. BTW, does your hubby deliver to Denver? :D

I know I cn do the shoppin' part in my jammies... but, would it speed up the process any if I should go down to the dealer to pick up the car, in my jammies?? :laugh:

schnooks1
11-21-2007, 08:08 PM
Howdy Schnooks, and pleased ta "meet" cha!

Well, six years later, I'm on the brink of experiencing online car shoppin' again, only via today's state-of-the art. I'll let you know how it turns out. BTW, does your hubby deliver to Denver? :D

I know I cn do the shoppin' part in my jammies... but, would it speed up the process any if I should go down to the dealer to pick up the car, in my jammies?? :laugh:

Ya know... I will have to ask my hubby if he would enjoy seeing one of his online shoppers in their jammies??!!! Ya never know! Somedays in the car business he does get his share of surprises! Don't think the jammie part would surprise him too much! I believe that when you shop on line you can get that big hunk 'o tin delivered anywhere you want. (for a small fee of course )