PDA

View Full Version : Possible both McGahee and Knowshon could see the axe?

Northman
04-30-2013, 11:15 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000165305/article/collateral-damage-20-veterans-hurt-by-2013-nfl-draft

Montee Ball (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/montee-ball?id=2539341) is your new favorite to be Denver's early-down running back. Ronnie Hillman (http://www.nfl.com/player/ronniehillman/2533437/profile), last year's third-round pick, is locked in as a third-down back. That probably will leave McGahee on the open market after coming off a serious injury. Moreno also could struggle to make the roster. At best, only one of these guys will make the team.

MOtorboat
04-30-2013, 11:28 AM
Lance Ball sucks.

Davii
04-30-2013, 11:32 AM
We have two Balls, which can be pleasing aesthetically. However, we really only need one. We can afford to lose the one that doesn't really do much for us.

weazel
04-30-2013, 11:32 AM
I hate when journalists have to have a set number of articles in a given period, it leads to this garbage

OrangeHoof
04-30-2013, 11:38 AM
Yeah, let's see who shows up healthy in August before we decide who gets cut.

FanInAZ
04-30-2013, 12:35 PM
We have two Balls, which can be pleasing aesthetically. However, we really only need one. We can afford to lose the one that doesn't really do much for us.

Remember when we had a couple of "Bell Boys" in 2006.

Tatum Bell: (13 starts) 233 carries for 1025 yards (4.4 ypc) & 2 TDs. 24 receptions for 115 yards (4.8 ypr), 0 TDs. [Kicked to the curb at the end of the season.]
Mike Bell: (3 starts) 157 carries for 677 yards (4.3 ypc) & 8 TDs. 20 reception for 158 yards (7.9 ypr), 0 TDs. [Kicked to the curb at the end of the following season.]

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/den/2005.htm

Both had nice ypc, but Tatum had trouble finding the end zone. Neither did much as receivers, but Tatum was worthless. And to think Shanny kicked Mike Anderson to the curb at the end of the previous season so Tatum could "take over" as our featured back. I still remember a radio sports commentator asking me who was going to score our TDs after Shanny did that. I should have taken his question more seriously, as Shanny should have as well.

BroncoNut
04-30-2013, 12:42 PM
i doubt it. very much. not both of them, but i think it's quite possible that one or the other gets it. I think we will have 5 backs on the roster, but 2 of the 5 we have now gets cut. probalby Lance Ball and either macgahee or marino,. probably mcgahee over mareno. that's my prediciotn.

BroncoNut
04-30-2013, 12:42 PM

speak for yourself homo

:lol:

Northman
04-30-2013, 12:43 PM
Tatum will always have my respect for getting that first down some years ago by carrying Lewis on his back. Just like i can always appreciate KnowMo hurdling Ed Reed last year. Too bad the Ravens still won the SB though......

BroncoNut
04-30-2013, 12:44 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Tebow comes back to denver

Army Bronco
04-30-2013, 12:58 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Tebow comes back to denver Are we not bringing Hester back? And we just drafted the Full Montee.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-30-2013, 01:11 PM
i will never get the 30 seconds I spent on that back....ever.

Buff
04-30-2013, 01:24 PM
I don't think Hillman is as entrenched as Rosenthall suggests. He showed a little bit of promise last year - but not nearly enough to where we're definitely carving out a role for him. That said, he'll probably make the roster given the pick we spent on him. So will M. Ball obviously.

So then I think that only leaves one spot for McGahee and Moreno. I don't see how we could keep 4 RBs with none of them playing special teams.

Davii
04-30-2013, 02:09 PM
speak for yourself homo

You only have one ball Nut? I'm sorry to hear that.

rationalfan
04-30-2013, 02:37 PM
I hate when journalists have to have a set number of articles in a given period, it leads to this garbage

actually, this "garbage" is up there because things like this get enough traffic to justify an editor commanding his reporter or columnist to write it.

don't blame the media for producing content you don't like, blame the people who consume the media content you don't like.

rationalfan
04-30-2013, 02:39 PM
from the article: "Montee Ball is your new favorite to be Denver's early-down running back. Ronnie Hillman, last year's third-round pick, is locked in as a third-down back. That probably will leave McGahee on the open market after coming off a serious injury. Moreno also could struggle to make the roster. At best, only one of these guys will make the team."

i don't exactly agree with this. the way hillman had trouble handling blitzers doesn't make me think he'll just be "handed" the third down back job. still, i could see knowshon and willis looking for work.

BroncoNut
04-30-2013, 02:43 PM
Are we not bringing Hester back? And we just drafted the Full Montee.

I forgot about Hester!!!! you are right on. that changes my thought on that

BroncoNut
04-30-2013, 02:44 PM
You only have one ball Nut? I'm sorry to hear that.

no, what I was suggesting is that yoiu derive aesthetic pleasure in male gentitalia while I myself do not. Now if you wnat to play games, I will quit using smilies or just kidding comments.

Superchop 7
04-30-2013, 02:48 PM
I see no reason to get rid of any of them, you have to have depth at the end of the season.....sure.....you don't dress a guy each week in order to have a ST player on the field but when guys start going down, like they always do, the team is still talented in the running game.

broncohead
04-30-2013, 02:49 PM
I'm sure coaches knew Hillman's pass blocking was bad considering there was pretty season games and practices and regular season games. It was prob a mistake on the coaching staff keeping him in. He will get better

broncohead
04-30-2013, 02:50 PM
Lance ball is gone IMO. Moreno will most likely be inactive baring injuries.

Davii
04-30-2013, 02:51 PM
no, what I was suggesting is that yoiu derive aesthetic pleasure in male gentitalia while I myself do not. Now if you wnat to play games, I will quit using smilies or just kidding comments.

And here I was genuinely concerned for you. That'll teach me.

BroncoNut
04-30-2013, 02:52 PM
Lance ball is gone IMO. Moreno will most likely be inactive baring injuries.

kinda agree but I think we might see a bit of moreno if he isn't cut

BroncoNut
04-30-2013, 02:53 PM
And here I was genuinely concerned for you. That'll teach me.

man, now you make me feel bad.

Davii
04-30-2013, 02:58 PM
man, now you make me feel bad.

Don't feel bad Nut. I like when you get serious, it's like "no more Mr. nice scientist".

Ravage!!!
04-30-2013, 03:03 PM
I personally th ink we saw enough positive things for Hillman to say that he's going to be around for another year. Judging the kid his rookie year isn't like judging Willis or Moreno at this point.

Buff
04-30-2013, 03:08 PM
I see no reason to get rid of any of them, you have to have depth at the end of the season.....sure.....you don't dress a guy each week in order to have a ST player on the field but when guys start going down, like they always do, the team is still talented in the running game.

You can only have so many players at skill positions that don't play special teams. I just don't know if Knowshon adds enough as a potential 4th string RB to merit a roster spot.

Otherwise I mostly agree - we may as well keep them all for depth.

UnderArmour
04-30-2013, 03:08 PM
It's also possible we carry both McGahee and Moreno again with Jacob Hester as a FB/Special teamer. One of them always seems to be in the tub when we need them anyways, why not double our odds of having one healthy? More than likely though, McGahee is cut outright and we keep Moreno because he doesn't fumble and is an overall better player at this point in their careers.

weazel
04-30-2013, 03:11 PM
actually, this "garbage" is up there because things like this get enough traffic to justify an editor commanding his reporter or columnist to write it.

don't blame the media for producing content you don't like, blame the people who consume the media content you don't like.

it's garbage... its a story he made up from thin air just to fill a spot in his article rotation. This kind of writing deserves to be written here on a forum, not as a column on a website, it's just an opinion and shouldn't be viewed as news. Didn't mean to offend you though, I didn't think people took these puff pieces very seriously.

Buff
04-30-2013, 03:13 PM
It's also possible we carry both McGahee and Moreno again with Jacob Hester as a FB/Special teamer. One of them always seems to be in the tub when we need them anyways, why not double our odds of having one healthy? More than likely though, McGahee is cut outright and we keep Moreno because he doesn't fumble and is an overall better player at this point in their careers.

Putting aside fumbles for one second, there is no way Moreno has ever been an overall better player than McGahee at any point in his career. Including now. The fumbles are a real issue - but McGahee is and always has been better at actually toting the rock.

UnderArmour
04-30-2013, 03:19 PM
Putting aside fumbles for one second, there is no way Moreno has ever been an overall better player than McGahee at any point in his career. Including now. The fumbles are a real issue - but McGahee is and always has been better at actually toting the rock.

Carrying the football, that's a given(though the fumbles are near impossible to put aside). But pass protection and being a viable receiving threat are two other extremely important factors in our offense. Moreno is more of a threat from the backfield as a receiver.

Slick
04-30-2013, 03:22 PM
Dump them both and sign Bradshaw.

dogfish
04-30-2013, 03:32 PM
You can only have so many players at skill positions that don't play special teams. I just don't know if Knowshon adds enough as a potential 4th string RB to merit a roster spot.

maybe knowshon should learn to play special teams. . .

:coffee:

BeefStew25
04-30-2013, 03:40 PM
I miss Mike Anderson.

rationalfan
04-30-2013, 03:41 PM
it's garbage... its a story he made up from thin air just to fill a spot in his article rotation. This kind of writing deserves to be written here on a forum, not as a column on a website, it's just an opinion and shouldn't be viewed as news. Didn't mean to offend you though, I didn't think people took these puff pieces very seriously.

no offense taken. sometimes i just get tired of the "i hate this story that i clicked into and read all the way through" mindset that floods things like twitter. and, it's easy to vent here.

BeefStew25
04-30-2013, 03:41 PM
****. I miss Terrel.

BroncoNut
04-30-2013, 03:45 PM
i miss Travis Henry and lendale white

weazel
04-30-2013, 03:48 PM
i miss Travis Henry and lendale white

they're both pretty big boys, it would be hard to miss them. If you want to see Henry you can find him in jail though, apparently he wouldn't be hard for you to catch up to either, dude couldn't outrun an FBI agent that was wearing dress shoes.

TXBRONC
04-30-2013, 04:15 PM
Last year we carried four plus a fullback/halfback in Hester. Fox is going carry at least four running backs and two maybe three will be cut. It really depends on if wants to keep a guy like Hester who can pull duty as both a fullback and halfback.

Joel
04-30-2013, 04:38 PM
Lance Ball sucks.
Rather have Moreno OR McGahee than him, and two backs aren't enough. McGahee and Moreno can pass block, and I can't believe we're so desperate for STers we'll keep a guy who does NOTHING else.

You can only have so many players on special teams that don't play skill positions, too. Keep Moreno, McGahee, M. Ball, L. Ball, Hillman AND Hester for depth? Maybe on a college roster, but not with 48+5.

dogfish
04-30-2013, 05:05 PM
i suspect we'll probably go with four and one, like last year. . . i think we keep both our balls, hillman, one of mcgahee and moreno, and hester. . .

montee is obvious. . . and they traded up for hillman just last year-- don't kid yourself, he's not going anywhere. . . hester plays fullback as well as tailback, and he and lance ball play special teams. . . mcgahee's age and salary make him the obvious cut, given that he now officially suffers from the exact same issues knowshon does-- fragility and fumblitis. . . plus knowshon is a better receiver, and montee ball and hester give us a competent pair of inside/short yardage runners. . . if moreno makes it through camp intact, i think willis is likely the odd man out. . .

TXBRONC
04-30-2013, 07:25 PM
i suspect we'll probably go with four and one, like last year. . . i think we keep both our balls, hillman, one of mcgahee and moreno, and hester. . .

montee is obvious. . . and they traded up for hillman just last year-- don't kid yourself, he's not going anywhere. . . hester plays fullback as well as tailback, and he and lance ball play special teams. . . mcgahee's age and salary make him the obvious cut, given that he now officially suffers from the exact same issues knowshon does-- fragility and fumblitis. . . plus knowshon is a better receiver, and montee ball and hester give us a competent pair of inside/short yardage runners. . . if moreno makes it through camp intact, i think willis is likely the odd man out. . .

If Moreno stays that would make six backs in total that Denver would be carrying on the roster. My guess is that Denver will be one Ball short of a pair and either McGahee or Moreno will be out.

Jsteve01
04-30-2013, 08:13 PM
Wish I knew why we never brought lendale back to camp

tomjonesrocks
04-30-2013, 08:34 PM
Moreno -finally- showed something playing with a top-notch passing game, but the guy got hurt the instant Dever needed him.

It's a much harder decision than it was a year ago but Lance Ball and Moreno should be shown the door. Moreno would get signed by someone though.

Ziggy
04-30-2013, 08:52 PM
I don't think that there's any guarantee that Hester makes the team. With the addition of Stokely to the base offense, I think the Broncos only use the FB in goal line situations and very short yardage downs. It hasn't been brought up yet, but I could see McGahee being kept as that FB/RB, and Virgil Green being used as FB as well.

Hillman is a lock. He was improving toward the end of the season, and was the youngest player in the NFL last year. However, change of pace back doesn't mean 3rd down back. Elway has never referred to Hillman as a 3rd down back. When talking in the draft PC, he said that Hillman was the change of pace back.

silkamilkamonico
04-30-2013, 10:47 PM
Is Denver hurting that bad for special teamers that Lance Balls makes the team again? That guy is so bad.

Dzone
04-30-2013, 10:56 PM
Cut Moreno and he goes to an AFC West team, probably San Diego.

Davii
04-30-2013, 11:24 PM
Cut Moreno and he goes to an AFC West team, probably San Diego.

Great, we could use the help getting a positive turnover ratio. Subtracting his turnovers from our total and adding his turnovers for San Diego should put us in the top five in the NFL.

sneakers
05-01-2013, 06:17 AM
What did shanahan see in Mike Bell?

Northman
05-01-2013, 07:26 AM

Because he was terrible.

broncofaninfla
05-01-2013, 09:04 AM
Given the health issues with our RB's i think these rosters spots will work themsleves out during the pre-season.

Jsteve01
05-01-2013, 07:33 PM

Because he was terrible.. No he wasn't he was one of the best backs in camp the year he tore his Achilles. The next year we brought him back and he wasnt fully recovered.

aulaza
05-02-2013, 05:11 AM
Is it safe to assume we will carry 5 backs on the roster? Currently we have 9:

Hester
McGahee
Moreno
Hillman
M. Ball
L. Ball
Johnson
Fannin
Anderson

So with 1 on the practice squad, 3 would need to be cut. I am wondering if we need Hester? If we can get one of the others to play ST does he bring that much to our Offense? I would like for us to have McGahee and Moreno if at all possible.

However, I am inclined to think the decision will be made for us, as one of them may end up on IR. So we may be able to keep all of the top 6 I listed anyway.

TXBRONC
05-02-2013, 06:33 AM
Is it safe to assume we will carry 5 backs on the roster? Currently we have 9:

Hester
McGahee
Moreno
Hillman
M. Ball
L. Ball
Johnson
Fannin
Anderson

So with 1 on the practice squad, 3 would need to be cut. I am wondering if we need Hester? If we can get one of the others to play ST does he bring that much to our Offense? I would like for us to have McGahee and Moreno if at all possible.

However, I am inclined to think the decision will be made for us, as one of them may end up on IR. So we may be able to keep all of the top 6 I listed anyway.

I can't see Denver carrying six running backs on the active roster. Since Fox became head coach I don't think Denver has carried more than five.

aulaza
05-02-2013, 07:05 AM
I agree, as I said I expect us to carry 5, but if one ends up on IR then we wouldn't have to cut one. Hence the decision would be made for us.

Northman
05-02-2013, 07:25 AM
. No he wasn't he was one of the best backs in camp the year he tore his Achilles. The next year we brought him back and he wasnt fully recovered.

Best backs in camp? Seriously Steve. Come on. The guy had a history of being inconsistent and having issues with weight. What he did in camp means nothing G.

Ravage!!!
05-02-2013, 10:29 AM
YEah.. Lendale proved to be bad. Where did he end up after leavign here, anywhere?

Davii
05-02-2013, 10:49 AM
YEah.. Lendale proved to be bad. Where did he end up after leavign here, anywhere?

Immediately after? Probably Golden Corral, I hear they have a nice buffet.

Ravage!!!
05-02-2013, 11:01 AM
Immediately after? Probably Golden Corral, I hear they have a nice buffet.

Ravage!!!
05-02-2013, 11:02 AM
Is Denver hurting that bad for special teamers that Lance Balls makes the team again? That guy is so bad.

Don't discount the importance of special teams.

Chef Zambini
05-02-2013, 03:15 PM
If our stable of ball carriers allows us to consider releasing BOTH KM and willy-mac, we most have some fine ponys in that stable, and confidense we have found our new STALLION!
thats good news for a team called the BRONCOS !

Chidoze
05-02-2013, 11:57 PM
Not sure if talking about the Broncos running backs...

Or the male anatomy.... O_o

aulaza
05-03-2013, 11:13 AM
Name ATT YDS AVG LONG TD

Willis 167 - 731 - 4.4 - 31 - 4

Moreno 138 - 525 - 3.8 - 20 - 4

R Hillman 85 - 330 - 3.9 - 31 - 1

Lance Ball 42 - 158 - 3.8 - 22 - 1

Just browsing last year's stats and saw this. Kind of reminded me that, if you take everything else out of the equation, Willis is still our best runner. Part of why I would prefer if we could hold onto him.

Chef Zambini
05-03-2013, 12:20 PM
how mant TOs from willy mac?
I know it was not as many as MANNING.

Davii
05-03-2013, 01:54 PM

How many TDs from willy Mac?

:vomit:

aulaza
05-03-2013, 02:14 PM
I think he meant turnovers?

BroncoNut
05-03-2013, 02:27 PM
they're both pretty big boys, it would be hard to miss them. If you want to see Henry you can find him in jail though, apparently he wouldn't be hard for you to catch up to either, dude couldn't outrun an FBI agent that was wearing dress shoes.

he should be out by now. that was like years ago

Krugan
05-03-2013, 04:45 PM

5 fumbles, willis LOST.

Manning 11 INTs in 583 attempts.

That is a little different comparison chef, its not apples to apples.

broncohead
05-03-2013, 05:31 PM
Willis is a better runner but its also harder to run out of shotgun then it is when QB is under center.

Army Bronco
05-08-2013, 02:44 PM
The Denver Post just put out an article about this. They mention that either Moreno or McGahee will be gone this year. The pros for Moreno is his age receiving skills and price. McGahees pro is his size. They expect Ball and Hillman to be the 1 , 2 punch and needing a third down back. According to this article , Moreno has the advantage. I think if Ball kicks butt in camp, McGahee goes. If not, then Moreno will probably go due to McGahee's size. Thoughts?? I apologize about the link. I used my phone app for it.
What the Broncos draft did for … Willis McGahee, Knowshon Moreno - http://bit.ly/10qgW0f

Buff
05-08-2013, 02:51 PM
Name ATT YDS AVG LONG TD

Just browsing last year's stats and saw this. Kind of reminded me that, if you take everything else out of the equation, Willis is still our best runner. Part of why I would prefer if we could hold onto him.

Bingo. At some point it should come down to who is the most productive and effective RB - which has always been McGahee over Moreno. Everyone wants to talk about age and injuries and potential as a 3rd down back. But I suspect that when they get on the field McGahee will separate himself as he's done for the past couple seasons.

Northman
05-08-2013, 03:20 PM
Name ATT YDS AVG LONG TD

If Willis was willing to rework his contract i would like to keep him. But with his age, injuries, and ball security issues like they are right now im not sure it would be wise to keep him on the roster at the current price.

BigDaddyBronco
05-08-2013, 03:46 PM
I would let training camp sort it out.

TXBRONC
05-08-2013, 03:52 PM
The Denver Post just put out an article about this. They mention that either Moreno or McGahee will be gone this year. The pros for Moreno is his age receiving skills and price. McGahees pro is his size. They expect Ball and Hillman to be the 1 , 2 punch and needing a third down back. According to this article , Moreno has the advantage. I think if Ball kicks butt in camp, McGahee goes. If not, then Moreno will probably gho due to McGahee's size. Thoughts?? I apologize about the link. I used my phone app for it.
What the Broncos draft did for … Willis McGahee, Knowshon Moreno - http://bit.ly/10qgW0f

If Moreno doesn't have a good camp he could be gone just as easily as McGahee.

TXBRONC
05-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Bingo. At some point it should come down to who is the most productive and effective RB - which has always been McGahee over Moreno. Everyone wants to talk about age and injuries and potential as a 3rd down back. But I suspect that when they get on the field McGahee will separate himself as he's done for the past couple seasons.

I think the injury issue is wash because have had issues with staying healthy. The only two possible advantages I see for Moreno is he's younger and doesn't cost as much. The age is huge but Moreno in his first two camps with missed a lot of time because of injury add to that last year when Denver need him the most he went down with another injury.

dogfish
05-08-2013, 04:55 PM
I would let training camp sort it out.

so will the front office. . .

TXBRONC
05-08-2013, 05:46 PM
so will the front office. . .

They will indeed. :nod:

Army Bronco
05-08-2013, 09:20 PM

I think the injury issue is wash because have had issues with staying healthy. The only two possible advantages I see for Moreno is he's younger and doesn't cost as much. The age is huge but Moreno in his first two camps with missed a lot of time because of injury add to that last year when Denver need him the most he went down with another injury.Seriously, it was crucial to have a running game against Baltimore and Glass Knowshon gets hurt. He couldn't have waited till after the game knowing that McGahee could come back for the AFC Championship.

gregbroncs
05-09-2013, 12:23 PM
Name ATT YDS AVG LONG TD

Just browsing last year's stats and saw this. Kind of reminded me that, if you take everything else out of the equation, Willis is still our best runner. Part of why I would prefer if we could hold onto him.Really should include total fumbles and lost fumbles in this stat line. He may have averaged the most yards but he had untimely fumbles and it seemed too many of them.

LTC Pain
05-09-2013, 01:55 PM
I think the Broncos keep M. Ball, McGahee, Moreno, Hillman and Hester. If McGahee isn't ready for camp then put binos on the waiver wire. The 2 Hs can play Special Teams.

TXBRONC
05-09-2013, 06:00 PM
I think the Broncos keep M. Ball, McGahee, Moreno, Hillman and Hester. If McGahee isn't ready for camp then put binos on the waiver wire. The 2 Hs can play Special Teams.

Maybe they will keep both Moreno and McGahee but I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of them is released.

aulaza
05-10-2013, 11:14 AM
Really should include total fumbles and lost fumbles in this stat line. He may have averaged the most yards but he had untimely fumbles and it seemed too many of them.

Yeah obviously you're right about the fumbles, but they didn't have them in the stats. I think his fumbling has been well documented, just wanted to make the point that, taking everything else (inc. fumbling) out of the equation, he is the best runner. That's a point that I myself probably forgot as well until I looked over the stats by chance last week.

Im not saying the fumbling is not an issue by any means, just that we should recognise he is our best runner. It would be interesting to see the fumble stats though.

underrated29
05-10-2013, 11:44 AM
Yeah obviously you're right about the fumbles, but they didn't have them in the stats. I think his fumbling has been well documented, just wanted to make the point that, taking everything else (inc. fumbling) out of the equation, he is the best runner. That's a point that I myself probably forgot as well until I looked over the stats by chance last week.

Im not saying the fumbling is not an issue by any means, just that we should recognise he is our best runner. It would be interesting to see the fumble stats though.

Those also do not show the receiving aspect though. Knowshon seemingly had over 20-30 yards receiving each game. I would suspect 99% of those were within 5 yards of the LOS too.

I still am calling it that knowshon will be back to his role last year- ride the pine until someone gets hurt. Willis is gone and Montee is the full time starter- spelled by hillman.

Chef Zambini
05-10-2013, 12:11 PM
I hope whomever we keep stays healthy and can contribute to victory.
It would be fantastic if Montee earns the role of starting RB, based on the inconsistency of the others.

LTC Pain
05-10-2013, 12:15 PM
I hope whomever we keep stays healthy and can contribute to victory.
It would be fantastic if Montee earns the role of starting RB, based on the inconsistency of the others.

Wrong! If M. Ball earns the starting RB spot it will be because of his own merit playing the position. Not " based on the inconsistency of the others".

TXBRONC
05-10-2013, 12:30 PM
Those also do not show the receiving aspect though. Knowshon seemingly had over 20-30 yards receiving each game. I would suspect 99% of those were within 5 yards of the LOS too.

I still am calling it that knowshon will be back to his role last year- ride the pine until someone gets hurt. Willis is gone and Montee is the full time starter- spelled by hillman.

I don't thinks it's slam dunk that Moreno stays. If he is one that stays he'll get carries throughout the season.

Chef Zambini
05-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Wrong! If M. Ball earns the starting RB spot it will be because of his own merit playing the position. Not " based on the inconsistency of the others".you misinterpreted what I meant. our other options at RB are in fact, inconsistent.
each, for various reasons, including size,
propensity for injury,
propensity to fumble.
blocking game short-comings...
lots of "inconsistencys" from all the other bronco backs.

Therefore it would be BETTER if montee, just as i stated, EARNED the start, first string role.

Chef Zambini
05-10-2013, 04:04 PM
Wrong! If M. Ball earns the starting RB spot it will be because of his own merit playing the position. Not " based on the inconsistency of the others".
"earned the position"
I would not have it any other way !

TXBRONC
05-10-2013, 05:25 PM
"earned the position"
I would not have it any other way !

Umhm. According you other players can't possibly be a back up if they face what you deem is inferior competition. That's inconsistent if not blatant hypocrisy.

Superchop 7
05-12-2013, 12:17 AM
How about we chill....the guys can play....let us have some depth for once at a position that requires depth.

TXBRONC
05-12-2013, 08:10 AM
How about we chill....the guys can play....let us have some depth for once at a position that requires depth.

It's not our place to decided who stays and who goes nevertheless were not going keep nine running backs. Over the last two years Elway and Fox have kept four running backs and fullback. With nine on the roster it's very possible that Moreno or McGahee will be gone.

LTC Pain
05-12-2013, 10:36 AM
you misinterpreted what I meant. our other options at RB are in fact, inconsistent.
each, for various reasons, including size,
propensity for injury,
propensity to fumble.
blocking game short-comings...
lots of "inconsistencys" from all the other bronco backs.

Therefore it would be BETTER if montee, just as i stated, EARNED the start, first string role.

No Zam. Be responsible for what you slap on a public forum. You clearly connect M. Ball getting the starting RB job with the inconsistency of the other RBs. Re-read your post where you say "based on". I disagree completely with this and hope all Broncos players get snaps based on there own merit. Not because the others ahead of them on the depth chart are inconsistent as you offer.

Simple Jaded
05-12-2013, 01:08 PM
The Broncos only brought in one RB, tells me that one of them stays, I hope it's McGahee. I'd hope they look at trade options and June 1 cuts too. James Starks was put on the block and DeAngelo Williams is a possible June casualty.

Army Bronco
05-12-2013, 11:00 PM
Alex Gibbs is back with the Broncos as a consultant. He will be helping the O line coach a bit also. Hopefully bring back our old style of running with Montee Ball reminding us of TD!