PDA

View Full Version : QB suggestion

broncofaninfla
09-01-2009, 07:20 PM
With the Lions claiming Oconnell on waivers from NE it's possible they are going to flip trade him for a late draft pick once their QB's are healed. With Broncos and Browns among the teams that put in claims for Oconnell it tells me both teams are looking for a QB. It's obvious with us by why the Browns? I'm thinking they might put Derek Anderson up for trade bait if they could get a QB like Oconnell. He knows the system they run from NE and I'm thinking they made the effort to claim him to maneuver for a possible trade. I wonder if it were possible to swing a three way trade by sending a late round pick to Detroit for Oconnell and sending Oconnel and a third or maybe even a second for Derek Anderson?

MOtorboat
09-01-2009, 07:21 PM
:tsk:

Orton is your quarterback, people. Deal with it.

Overtime
09-01-2009, 07:21 PM
no.

BroncoBJ
09-01-2009, 07:25 PM

He's your quarterback also. Unless you're not a Bronco fan anymore. :eek:

:lol:

:elefant:

But yea, For now Orton is the guy. :beer:

broncofaninfla
09-01-2009, 07:30 PM
Anderson would be an instant upgrade at QB for us and would be ready to start.

As long as Orton is under center for Denver I'll pull for him. BUT as long as I see him play the way he has played to date I'll want somebody better. When you add the injuries to the limited skill set of our QB's we are VERY weak at QB right now.

BroncoAV06
09-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Wouldn't Anderson fall into the gunslinger/down field type QB that umm is not good for this offense?....

As long as Orton is back by at least week two I don't think the Broncos are going to do anything big because what is the point now? Orton is the guy and it is just crappy luck that both Simms and Orton have injuries that might cause them to miss 1-2 regular season games. But if the case is a few games why not see what it would take to bring in another QB.

claymore
09-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Wouldn't Anderson fall into the gunslinger/down field type QB that umm is not good for this offense?....

As long as Orton is back by at least week two I don't think the Broncos are going to do anything big because what is the point now? Orton is the guy and it is just crappy luck that both Simms and Orton have injuries that might cause them to miss 1-2 regular season games. But if the case is a few games why not see what it would take to bring in another QB.

Peyton Hillis will probably see reps there. :baghead:

Overtime
09-01-2009, 07:48 PM
Anderson would be an instant upgrade at QB for us and would be ready to start.

As long as Orton is under center for Denver I'll pull for him. BUT as long as I see him play the way he has played to date I'll want somebody better. When you add the injuries to the limited skill set of our QB's we are VERY weak at QB right now.

no he would not be. Derrick Anderson is a bucket of fail.

DO NOT WANT!

claymore
09-01-2009, 07:50 PM
no he would not be. Derrick Anderson is a bucket of fail.

DO NOT WANT!

I want to have sex with a man who ownbs a forum./

Signed Josh McDaniels.

BroncoAV06
09-01-2009, 08:00 PM
Peyton Hillis will probably see reps there. :baghead:

Eh, I was about ready to say just go full out wild cat, put Royal back there taking snaps, who needs Orton? Or go option and get some of those service acadamy QB's!

Superchop 7
09-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Currently, the best QB that fits this offense is Griese.

Ravage!!!
09-01-2009, 09:25 PM
Orton's injury could be the VERY BEST thing that could have happened to McDaniels.... the absolutely best thing.

Gives him a complete season to have nothing held against him. If Orton is hurt, then the comparisons can't be made, and McDaniels is off the hook. its like this season never even happened.

Lancane
09-01-2009, 09:45 PM

Not by choice, only by default...anyone with a brain would not willingly choose Orton as their quarterback, just ask the Bears!

:laugh:

MOtorboat
09-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Not by choice, only by default...anyone with a brain would not willingly choose Orton as their quarterback, just ask the Bears!

Let me know when you get the GM job.

It will be a cold day in hell.

broncofaninfla
09-02-2009, 09:38 AM
Anderson is actually a good QB and he is actually playing in the exact same system under Mangini. He is better than anybody we currently have and can stretch the safetys because he can actually throw a deep ball accurately.

I agree with Griese being great fopr the dink and dunk we have seen to date and honestly feel he is better than anybody we currently have as well. He is a smart QB and could pick up the offense quickly.

Dirk
09-02-2009, 10:02 AM
We will find out that Brandstater is better than people think this weekend and we have our QB of the future. :beer:

nbenallo33
09-02-2009, 10:03 AM
We will find out that Brandstater is better than people think this weekend and we have our QB of the future. :beer:

i think he will be good aswell

In-com-plete
09-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Orton's injury could be the VERY BEST thing that could have happened to McDaniels.... the absolutely best thing.

Gives him a complete season to have nothing held against him. If Orton is hurt, then the comparisons can't be made, and McDaniels is off the hook. its like this season never even happened.

Wrong!

The best thing that could have happened to McDaniels is to fall into a team with a 25 year old pro-bowl QB, a 24 year old pro-bowl WR, a 22 year old replica Wes Welker, and a dominant O-line.

All the tools a young, first year offensive minded head coach needed.

That's the best thing that could have happened to McDaniels.

Ravage!!!
09-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Wrong!

The best thing that could have happened to McDaniels is to fall into a team with a 25 year old pro-bowl QB, a 24 year old pro-bowl WR, a 22 year old replica Wes Welker, and a dominant O-line.

All the tools a young, first year offensive minded head coach needed.

That's the best thing that could have happened to McDaniels.

let me correct my statement.

The best thing that could have happened after his complete lack of thought by trading away the best player on the team, was to have his now current QB miss some games due to injury. THis will negate some of the early comparisons, alleviate some of stress of losing early, and remove some of the blame since he is now trying to win with a rookie QB.

Ravage!!!
09-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Anderson is actually a good QB and he is actually playing in the exact same system under Mangini. He is better than anybody we currently have and can stretch the safetys because he can actually throw a deep ball accurately.

I agree with Griese being great fopr the dink and dunk we have seen to date and honestly feel he is better than anybody we currently have as well. He is a smart QB and could pick up the offense quickly.

Lol.... this was mentioned a few weeks back after the three INT game. But Orton already lost his starting job to Griese once before, how would he feel to see Griese back on the roster again!! ;)

Traveler
09-02-2009, 10:31 AM

Slow your roll SW. :shocked:

This kid may well have the talent to succeed. Not sure if I can buy into QB of the future though. I mentioned in another thread that our QB of the future isn't on the team yet and still hold that to be true.

CoachChaz
09-02-2009, 10:38 AM

This kid may well have the talent to succeed. Not sure if I can buy into QB of the future though. I mentioned in another thread that our QB of the future isn't on the team yet and still hold that to be true.

I love your reality Traveler.

Traveler
09-02-2009, 10:52 AM
I love your reality Traveler.

Thanks. I love the optimism from many of the posters here. Just too many wheels in motion on this team at the present time.

I can see how someone can get excited though. The offense did seem to run better without Orton. Aside from the interceptions, Orton has "managed" the the scheme pretty well.

My hope is that Orton gets well soon and the running game is used more and takes the pressure and scrutiny off him.

Dirk
09-02-2009, 11:34 AM

ha! My post was more of a hope/wish more than anything. I seriously doubt that he is starter material at this point. But we may all be a bit more suprised with his performance this coming weekend is all I am saying.

I don't think anyone is really thinking he will be replacing Orton any time soon. But...if we are lucky he may be that diamond in the ruff that teams look for. Brady wasn't thought of as that starter either. So maybe, just maybe we have one as well. :D

CoachChaz
09-02-2009, 11:39 AM
ha! My post was more of a hope/wish more than anything. I seriously doubt that he is starter material at this point. But we may all be a bit more suprised with his performance this coming weekend is all I am saying.

I don't think anyone is really thinking he will be replacing Orton any time soon. But...if we are lucky he may be that diamond in the ruff that teams look for. Brady wasn't thought of as that starter either. So maybe, just maybe we have one as well. :D

I guess I just have about as much faith in every late round QB McD takes being a great one.

MOtorboat
09-02-2009, 12:27 PM
I guess I just have about as much faith in every late round QB McD takes being a great one.

Tom Brandstater for the Hall of Fame! :elefant:

SoCalImport
09-02-2009, 12:45 PM
This has quickly become as monotonous as the off season threads...
Maybe it's me.