PDA

View Full Version : Colquitt Cut? (merged)

Overtime
09-01-2009, 06:55 PM
wth McDaniels? That kid did an amazing job. I can't believe Kern won the punters job, I wasn't impressed with his punting at all.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8124f42a&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

LRtagger
09-01-2009, 07:00 PM
reports from practice indicate that Kern was much more consistant.

He probably let go of Colquitt after that nice game so he could have a chance to get in with another team before the season starts. It's actually a pretty classy move in that regard. Rather than keeping him to the final cut day and releasing him then.

Colquitt put on a good showing on national TV and will probably get picked up this week. I hope he does well, but Kern is our punter.

Superchop 7
09-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Lets just say that I disagree with the move.

BroncoJoe
09-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Lets just say that I disagree with the move.

Thanks for the opinion, coach.

shank
09-01-2009, 10:14 PM
colquitt had that one really great kick, and was doing well... but i think kern has been consistent in preseason and camp... plus he has a whole season of consistent punting with the team on his resume as well.

i'm happy to have kern, but also think colquitt will get another chance somewhere.

Ravage!!!
09-01-2009, 10:42 PM
I think I saw where Kern's average has been greater. That doesn't really mean a lot, considering the position on the field makes a difference if the kicker it trying to get height or distance... but unless Kern played for the Patriots, I don't think there's some kind of prejudice decision here that would seem to make anyone worry.

Maybe we didnt' want a kicker that has the same name as the one in KC?

NameUsedBefore
09-01-2009, 10:44 PM
It was Kern's job to lose, not Colquitt's to win.

sneakers
09-02-2009, 12:17 AM
I am sure his impressive outing will help him get an audition with another team.

sneakers
09-02-2009, 12:20 AM
I also challenge anyone to say the title of this thread (Colquitt Cut) 5 times fast.

LoyalSoldier
09-02-2009, 01:02 AM
Somehow when I see the title of this thread I keep thinking Cold Cut. Hmmmmm Cold Cut combo hmmmmmm

Kaylore
09-02-2009, 01:10 AM
Kern out kicked him and just as important, was a better holder.

Move on.

Elevation inc
09-02-2009, 02:35 AM
reports from practice indicate that Kern was much more consistant.

He probably let go of Colquitt after that nice game so he could have a chance to get in with another team before the season starts. It's actually a pretty classy move in that regard. Rather than keeping him to the final cut day and releasing him then.

Colquitt put on a good showing on national TV and will probably get picked up this week. I hope he does well, but Kern is our punter.

i agree with this. he wasnt very good in practice compared to kern, and kern is also a better holder as well....he did great the last 2 games though so i see it as a chance for him to get with another team which will happen very soon im sure......

Ray Finkle
09-02-2009, 05:54 AM
Kern out kicked him and just as important, was a better holder.

Move on.

Howdy Kaylore,
Kern gets the ball off faster as well.

Kaylore
09-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Howdy Kaylore,
Kern gets the ball off faster as well.

Yeah he does. It's not like he had a bad year last year, either. He was a top ten punter in the league as a rookie. I think people are doped up about the one coffin corner in the preseason game. Colquitt probably will get a job, but he's got alcohol issues and I'd rather take my chances with the more consistent punter.

underrated29
09-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Since we are talking about kickers/punters.

The Vikes? I believe relseased taylor Melhaff. He was one kicker i liked a good deal a couple years ago. I would enjoy brining him in to see if he is a strong as prater and maybe more accurate.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-02-2009, 11:23 AM
Melhaff made a lot of us look stupid in HS Football.

honz
09-02-2009, 12:01 PM
OMFG!!! Fire McDaniels. I can't believe he cut that rookie punter Colquitt! He had like 2 really good punts!

roomemp
09-02-2009, 12:02 PM
OMFG!!! Fire McDaniels. I can't believe he cut that rookie punter Colquitt! He had like 2 really good punts!

I know its crazy right........ :tsk:

Kaylore
09-02-2009, 01:08 PM

:lol:

Ray Finkle
09-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Yeah he does. It's not like he had a bad year last year, either. He was a top ten punter in the league as a rookie. I think people are doped up about the one coffin corner in the preseason game. Colquitt probably will get a job, but he's got alcohol issues and I'd rather take my chances with the more consistent punter.

other than those two kicks, Colquitt hasn't impressed me.

spentonbargains
09-03-2009, 01:37 PM
Don't get me wrong....I like Brett Kern....but its a competition for positions out there, and to see a punter finally be able to consistently put the punt inside the 10 yard line, like Britton Colquitt could, was amazing! Also, he
can kick a field goal in a pinch. I don't understand why they let Britton Colquitt go....Brett Kern is great, but he couldn't put the ball inside the 10 like Colquitt.

frauschieze
09-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Welcome to the site, but PLEASE check to make sure there isn't already a thread started on the subject before making a new one.

honz
09-03-2009, 01:42 PM
omfg!!! Fire mcdaniels. I can't believe he cut that rookie punter colquitt! He had like 2 really good punts!

qft.

Dortoh
09-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Don't get me wrong....I like Brett Kern....but its a competition for positions out there, and to see a punter finally be able to consistently put the punt inside the 10 yard line, like Britton Colquitt could, was amazing! Also, he
can kick a field goal in a pinch. I don't understand why they let Britton Colquitt go....Brett Kern is great, but he couldn't put the ball inside the 10 like Colquitt.

1. Kern was more over all consistant on a day in day out basis in camp.
2. It was good of Denver to release him now so he can get a chance to make another team.
3. Hi welcome to the forums kick off your shoes and stay awhile.

http://graphics7.nytimes.com/images/section/learning/general/onthisday/big/0720_big.gif

rcsodak
09-05-2009, 11:22 PM
Melhaff made a lot of us look stupid in HS Football.

Adam Vinatieri, RCC, he's not. :coffee: