PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Marshall To Cardinals, Boldin To Chiefs, Leinart To Broncos

getlynched47
09-01-2009, 05:03 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/246434-wrs-boldin-marshall-on-the-move-three-team-deal-possibly-in-works

Do not get offended Brandon Marshall.

Rumor has it via Scout.com's Kansas City Chiefs and Arizona Cardinals affiliates that star wide receivers Anquan Boldin and Brandon Marshall could be on the move via a three-way trade between the Chiefs, Cardinals, and Broncos.

I was notified by fellow Broncos writer Randy Garcia that the proposed trade would be roughly as follows:

Cardinals Get

WR Brandon Marshall
Chiefs Get

WR Anquan Boldin
Broncos Get

QB Matt Leinart
Okay, so this proposed deal does not make very much sense up front. It seems as though the Broncos are getting a pretty raw deal considering they have been rumored to be holding out for a first and fourth round pick in exchange for Marshall. Not to mention, this deal has the Chiefs giving up absolutely nothing.

A more fair deal would look as such:

Cardinals Get

WR Brandon Marshall
QB Tyler Thigpen
Chiefs' 5th round pick
Chiefs Get

WR Anquan Boldin
Broncos Get

QB Matt Leinart
Chiefs' 1st round pick
This seems like a pretty balanced return for all parties involved. The Cardinals get Boldin off their hands, and Brandon Marshall gets a fresh start. Arizona would also maintain the top WR duo in the NFL this way.

The Chiefs and head coach Todd Hailey put together a stellar wide receiver duo with Boldin and Dwayne Bowe, and get rid of Thigpen, a guy who has been on the market for a while.

The Broncos rid of Marshall and his antics, while getting a quarterback of the future and a likely early-mid first round pick.

The only thing holding this type of trade back is Marshall. The Cardinals have to be willing not only to deal Boldin, but to be ready to give Marshall a long term contract at the end of this season, which is why I view this deal as somewhat unlikely.

Only time will tell, but a deal will need to be done soon if at all.

McDaniels needs to get slapped even if he considers this offer. It would be the second worst trade in NFL history (the first one involved a Quarterback who's first name starts with J, and his last name rhymes with Butler)

FanInAZ
09-01-2009, 05:12 PM
:confused: We give up a all pro WR :confused: A division rivals gets an all pro WR :confused: We get a QB that can't beat out his over the hill rival :confused:

Asian Sushi 7
09-01-2009, 05:14 PM
:confused: We give up a all pro WR :confused: A division rivals gets an all pro WR :confused: We get a QB that can't beat out his over the hill rival :confused:

QB not matter. we have coach who make anyone pro of all.

G_Money
09-01-2009, 05:14 PM
Bleacher report is not a source.

EVER.

Bleacher report is a bunch of guys like us sitting around and dreaming up ideas.

It's not a news site, or even a rumors site.

It's a wish site, with zero oversight. Don't even worry about it. I know he references scout.com and "his fellow broncos writer" but anybody can write anything on those sites. *shrugs* I just can't put weight behind it.

Now watch - next week Leinart's brought in to our QB situation. :lol:

~G

Poet
09-01-2009, 05:15 PM
This makes no sense. No one thinks Leinart is ever going to be good. Why would Arizona refuse to pay Boldin and then pay a worse WR that same dollar amount.

I'm not saying this couldn't happen, but it would be mind-boggling.

Lonestar
09-01-2009, 05:18 PM
I could like that #1 draft choice of the chefs it should be between 5-12.. more than we have now for this moron.. lienhart is just a bonus.. that needs another home to show off his wares, under a good QB coach he might be a real plus.. ..

jrelway
09-01-2009, 05:19 PM
if this is true, wtf. we let our probowl WR skate and grant his wishes on a trade request. 2 players that wanted a trade while their still under contract and they get their wish. might as well say so long to hillis, royal, clady, moreno. etc... in a couple of years. guess it is true. bowlen didnt know wtf he was and is doing. shanahan was the real boss and ran shit.

DenBronx
09-01-2009, 05:34 PM
why not just trade boldin and marshall straight accross?

i dont see lienart doing any better than simms.

however, i do like the idea of getting the chiefs 1st round draft choice.

Ravage!!!
09-01-2009, 05:36 PM
know where we can find one?

topscribe
09-01-2009, 05:38 PM
I believe Leinart can and will eventually be good. Moreover, I think the Cardinals
believe that, too. That is why, as I mentioned in another thread, I don't believe
the Cardinals would turn loose of Leinart. Kurt Warner is a terrific QB, yes, but
he is getting long in the tooth, and someone will have to be considered in the
near future. Leinart is the only thing the Cardinals have that comes close to a
QB of the future.

Therefore, I don't believe that rumor at all . . .

-----

Jaws
09-01-2009, 05:38 PM
Hey, at least we girls would get a pretty QB in the bargain ;)

MOtorboat
09-01-2009, 05:48 PM

Too bad he likes underage ones...

claymore
09-01-2009, 05:49 PM

He is a looker. ;)

Id take that deal in a heartbeat. Linehart, and a #1. Hell yeah, we need the depth, and We need a #1 next year for a real QB.

Maybe JMCD could whisper Linehart into greatness.

sneakers
09-01-2009, 05:52 PM

and his eyes are one inch apart

Shazam!
09-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Leinart will be good. Don't wag off Warner either. You'll never confuse him with John Elway but the guy is impressive. A more experienced veteran QB beat out a young gut, nothing wrong with that. It's to the point they need more QBs, see what works.

Tned
09-01-2009, 06:02 PM
This appears to have started on AZRedReport.com (the scout.com affiliate covering the Cardinals http://ari.scout.com/).

http://ari.scout.com/2/893900.html

Buff
09-01-2009, 06:02 PM
Not that I believe this... But we do have a thing for partying QB's...

http://www.gossipboulevard.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/02000000113.jpg

Shazam!
09-01-2009, 06:03 PM
The one on the left is hot.

NameUsedBefore
09-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Leinart is terrible. No way anyone trades for him. Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson, IMO, maybe others I'm not thinking of, but definitely not Leinart.

Benetto
The one in the middle looks like Katy Perry.

Jaws

He'll like me then. I'm not quite 21.

Day1BroncoFan
09-01-2009, 06:12 PM
He'll like me then. I'm not quite 21.

Is that 21 ft.?

:laugh:

Leinart won't be coming unless McD thinks we need an abundance of QB and Orton is more injured than we know IMHO.

LRtagger
09-01-2009, 06:30 PM
That first trade scenario is retarded...The chiefs get Boldin and give up nothing????? I don't get it. It would be much more plausible to see Marshall for Boldin with KC not being involved.

Not to mention the Cards give up Boldin AND Leinart in exchange for Marshall....it would be completely stupid on their part...even more stupid than the Broncos.

EMB6903
09-01-2009, 06:40 PM

over the hill rival?

no offense but do you watch football?

Kurt Warner has been one of the best QB's in the entire league, what makes you say hes over the hill?

the age factor means squat until you actually show it.

Overtime
09-01-2009, 06:46 PM
haha!!! Proof that McDaniels is reading what I post and taking me seriously!!! You heard it here first!!!

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=727640&postcount=284

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/246434-wrs-boldin-marshall-on-the-move-three-team-deal-possibly-in-works

McDaniels needs to get slapped even if he considers this offer. It would be the second worst trade in NFL history (the first one involved a Quarterback who's first name starts with J, and his last name rhymes with Butler)

no you need to get slapped if he doesn't consider it. Leinart > Orton any day of the week. Lienart will flourish in McDaniels system, because Leinart can throw the deep ball, he can play out of the shotgun, and McDaniels can mold him way better than he can mold Orton. With Leinart we at least have a chance to have a good season.

With Orton, we have NO CHANCE!

sometimes players are just in the wrong system, and Leinart is not a fit for Wisenhunt's system, and Wisenhunt has publicly stated before, he doesn't want Leinart, which is why Warner continues to be the starter, not because Leinart can't beat him out.

This makes no sense. No one thinks Leinart is ever going to be good. Why would Arizona refuse to pay Boldin and then pay a worse WR that same dollar amount.

I'm not saying this couldn't happen, but it would be mind-boggling.

no one thought Cassel would be good for NE last year either...just saying. :coffee:

Leinart is terrible. No way anyone trades for him. Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson, IMO, maybe others I'm not thinking of, but definitely not Leinart.

I'd love to have Brady Quinn, but Leinart would be a good fit for McDaniels system.

MOtorboat
09-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Leinart would be a good fit for McDaniels system.

Correct me if I'm wrong, because I have been before, but isn't Leinart not picking up on the scheme...not that he doesn't fit into it...and...if he doesn't understand Whisenhunt's scheme...then how is he going to understand McDaniels?

SoCalImport
09-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Not to mention the Cards give up Boldin AND Leinart in exchange for Marshall....it would be completely stupid on their part...even more stupid than the Broncos.

I don't know. How much are they paying Leinart? his rookie contract was an early first rounder. They might do that just for the cap space they'd save.

And as for the "over the hill" starter someone mentioned. Kurt Warner will be in the hall of fame someday. Another SB and he's be a first ballot guy.
He's still top 5 in the league and will continue to be as long as they give him time and talented wideouts.

EMB6903
09-01-2009, 06:50 PM
I actually am a big fan of Leinart who thinks he will succeed in this league... solid mechanics, mobile, and very accurate.... and unlike the Quarterbacks we have right now... hes talented.

This is a trade I wouldnt mind....

TXBRONC
09-01-2009, 06:50 PM

Not that I'm a big Brady Quinn fan but if McDaniels wanted to trade for a young quarterback I think NUB is right Quinn would be the guy. The reason being is the scheme McDaniels is running is the exact same one ran at Notre Dame.

That being said it would not be wise to trade Marshall in my opinion.

Overtime
09-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, because I have been before, but isn't Leinart not picking up on the scheme...not that he doesn't fit into it...and...if he doesn't understand Whisenhunt's scheme...then how is he going to understand McDaniels?

depends on who you ask. That may just be Wisenhunt's opinion, but it's a known fact that Wisenhunt hasn't liked Leinart since the day he went there.

so it's all about perspective I suppose.

Leinart at his worst, is still better than Orton at his best.

Jaws
09-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Is that 21 ft.?

:laugh:

Leinart won't be coming unless McD thinks we need an abundance of QB and Orton is more injured than we know IMHO.

Of course not. I have no feet!

*flaps fins in an attention seeking manner!*

:lol:

MOtorboat
09-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Leinart at his worst, is still better than Orton at his best.

Um, ok.

Check out Orton's first seven games last year and get back with me on that.

LRtagger
09-01-2009, 06:58 PM
I don't know. How much are they paying Leinart? his rookie contract was an early first rounder. They might do that just for the cap space they'd save.

Right, but they would be trading that away for a WR who will disrupt practice unless they give him a huge contract.

I'm willing to bet most of the money Leinart signed for as a high pick has already been paid out to him as guaranteed money. Too lazy to look it up and wouldn't want to anyways since this rumor has no legs.

SoCalImport
09-01-2009, 06:59 PM
because Leinart can throw the deep ball

Umm. No. actually one of the biggest knocks on Leinarts game (aside from his lack of focus) was his inability to deliver the deep ball.

Tned
09-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Right, but they would be trading that away for a WR who will disrupt practice unless they give him a huge contract.

I'm willing to bet most of the money Leinart signed for as a high pick has already been paid out to him as guaranteed money. Too lazy to look it up and wouldn't want to anyways since this rumor has no legs.

Actually, if I remember, his contract skyrockets next season. Something like a ten million dollar jump is what I recall. I will go see what I can find.

Tned
09-01-2009, 07:05 PM
Actually, if I remember, his contract skyrockets next season. Something like a ten million dollar jump is what I recall. I will go see what I can find.

Nope, apparently I was on crack or something.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_contract.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3138

8/14/2006: Signed a six-year, $50.8 million contract. The deal contains $14 million guaranteed, including a $7.575 million option bonus in the second year. 2009: $1.11 million, 2010: $2.485 million, 2011: $7.36 million, 2012: Free Agent. Cap charges: $2.6 million (2009), $4 million (2010).

It is a five million dollar jump and in 2011, so the Cardinals get him for less than Simms for the next two years.

Tned
09-01-2009, 07:05 PM
I didn't have these memory problems before I turned the big 40... :sad:

Bill Devaroe
09-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Bill Devaroe is also reporting that the Broncos are active in their shopping of Marshall. He was not sure of all the teams involved, but a buzz is going around the league.
He can't wait to get out and rejoin the forum. Please keep him in your thoughts.
XOXO,
Shasta

Overtime
09-01-2009, 07:21 PM
Bill Devaroe is also reporting that the Broncos are active in their shopping of Marshall. He was not sure of all the teams involved, but a buzz is going around the league.
He can't wait to get out and rejoin the forum. Please keep him in your thoughts.
XOXO,
Shasta

Overtime reports that Bill Devaraoe doesn't know his forthright point of contact from a hole in the ground either.

:coffee:

claymore
09-01-2009, 07:28 PM
XOXO,
Shasta

Bill, I know your a Shasta fan, but have you ever tried Apple slice? It was my favorite of the Slice family bevarage products.

BroncoBJ
09-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Does this rumor have ANY Truth to it? Or is it just another random rumor with no credibility? :lol:

Tned
09-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Does this rumor have ANY Truth to it? Or is it just another random rumor with no credibility? :lol:

Reading the writeups on the two scout.com sites, I would say it is rumors with not source, just speculation as to what 'could' happen.

BroncoJoe
09-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Love all the references to the "pro-bowl" receiver. Classic example of a $100 ability, with a $0.01 brain.

Mike
09-01-2009, 08:37 PM

I doubt it has any credibility. Denver does this and McD probably loses the rest of the fanbase.

Tned
09-01-2009, 08:40 PM
I doubt it has any credibility. Denver does this and McD probably loses the rest of the fanbase.

Yea, I think it would only be if Orton's finger is much worse than we know that the Broncos would be looking for trading for a QB.

CrazyHorse
09-01-2009, 08:42 PM

Herschel Walker

BroncoBJ
09-01-2009, 08:49 PM

MCD has a fanbase? :confused: I didn't know anyone even liked him. :lol:

But yea, It Could happen. But anything could happen. But I'm at the point where I don't care any more. The sooner we get these premadonnas off the team the better. :salute:

Tned
09-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Here is Schefter's take on this:

@Adam_Schefter Bogus...RT @dylansprague: can u confirm? On den radio: Possible 3 way deal sending boldin to kc, marshall to az, leinart to denver.

If you don't read tweets well, he ws asked to confirm the rumor and Schefter replied "Bogus"

Lancane
09-01-2009, 09:23 PM
MCD has a fanbase? :confused: I didn't know anyone even liked him. :lol:

McDummy has a nice sized fanbase, especially since he is paying them to be his fans!

:D

frauschieze
09-01-2009, 09:23 PM

The Sports Guys on KOA said there is absolutely zero substance to this rumor.

MOtorboat
09-01-2009, 09:24 PM
McDummy has a nice sized fanbase, especially since he is paying them to be his fans!

:D

That might be funny to you, but it makes no sense to me.

:confused:

BTW, his name is McDaniels. Let's try and use it properly...

broncohead
09-01-2009, 09:28 PM
Here is Schefter's take on this:

If you don't read tweets well, he ws asked to confirm the rumor and Schefter replied "Bogus"

There has to be draft picks involved. KC giving up the most and we would probably be giving up 1 or 2 later round picks. There is a reason he is STILL a backup in AZ. Why would they trade him with Warner at the age he is? Probably because he isn't an NFL starter. Doesn't make sense for us.

Shazam!
09-01-2009, 09:34 PM
Warner is an elite QB. They're 'all in.' After years of futility, they have the best team in and the chance to win now.

MOtorboat
09-01-2009, 09:35 PM
There has to be draft picks involved. KC giving up the most and we would probably be giving up 1 or 2 later round picks. There is a reason he is STILL a backup in AZ. Why would they trade him with Warner at the age he is? Probably because he isn't an NFL starter. Doesn't make sense for us.

They won't. It's a bogus rumor. Lienart is still the heir apparent in Arizona. They won't give up on him, and they aren't going to give up a quarterback and a top 10 receiver to get a head-case with legal issues who wants the same money that Boldin does.

Purely, logically, the trade makes no sense. If that's the case, Arizona should just pay Boldin, and then they wouldn't have to give both him and Lienart up to pay a guy who can't stay out of legal trouble and is currently suspended for conduct detrimental to the team. Boldin is a stand up guy who just wants his money. Marshall is an idiot, who has legal trouble and is a cancer. There's a big difference. The Bidwell's might be idiots, but they aren't THAT stupid.

Lancane
09-01-2009, 09:50 PM
That might be funny to you, but it makes no sense to me.

:confused:

BTW, his name is McDaniels. Let's try and use it properly...

Well it is funny to most of us who do not believe in brownnosing someone just cause they happen to be part of or play for our favorite team. Homerism is not a requirement for one to be a fan...so I shall call him whatever I feel like calling him, no matter if you like it or not, so get over it!

MOtorboat
09-01-2009, 09:52 PM
Well it is funny to most of us who do not believe in brownnosing someone just cause they happen to be part of or play for our favorite team. Homerism is not a requirement for one to be a fan...so I shall call him whatever I feel like calling him, no matter if you like it or not, so get over it!

And I will call you whatever I choose to call you.

Hey, its just my opinion.

There is no homerism involved. Just logic, which you appear to be devoid of.

P.S. The post still makes little sense.

TXBRONC
09-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Warner is an elite QB. They're 'all in.' After years of futility, they have the best team in and the chance to win now.

He's also an old quarterback and while Warner is playing at a high level how much longer can he keep doing it?

broncohead
09-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Any QB will look good with 2 elite WRs.

Northman
09-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Sadly, at this juncture i would do it. Leinart has a much better arm than the guy we have in house right now. I wouldnt totally close the door on Leinart's career just yet.

shank
09-01-2009, 10:16 PM
Any QB will look good with 2 elite WRs.

except for matt leinart

Northman
09-01-2009, 10:17 PM
if this is true, wtf. we let our probowl WR skate and grant his wishes on a trade request. 2 players that wanted a trade while their still under contract and they get their wish. might as well say so long to hillis, royal, clady, moreno. etc... in a couple of years. guess it is true. bowlen didnt know wtf he was and is doing. shanahan was the real boss and ran shit.

Not really. From my observations Hillis, Royal, and Clady dont act like they are more important than the team. The 2 guys who wanted to be traded already had character issues and i dont get that feeling from the guys you listed except maybe Moreno but he hasnt even really played yet.

Northman
09-01-2009, 10:18 PM

Bwhaahahaahaha, nice one MO.

Northman
09-01-2009, 10:20 PM

Yea!!! Playa!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9WsMasBk_E

broncohead
09-01-2009, 10:22 PM
Not really. From my observations Hillis, Royal, and Clady dont act like they are more important than the team. The 2 guys who wanted to be traded already had character issues and i dont get that feeling from the guys you listed except maybe Moreno but he hasnt even really played yet.

Jay wanted to be promised he wouldn't be traded from the TEAM but McD wouldn't promise him that. Some team concept he's trying to implement.

MOtorboat
09-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Jay wanted to be promised he wouldn't be traded from the TEAM but McD wouldn't promise him that. Some team concept he's trying to implement.

No one is above the team.

broncohead
09-01-2009, 10:24 PM

Then it's not really a team. It's a buisiness.

Northman
09-01-2009, 10:25 PM

McDaniels said everyone was expendable if it was in the best interest of the team. Jay wasnt singled out.

MOtorboat
09-01-2009, 10:26 PM

McDaniels said everyone was expendable if it was in the best interest of the team. Jay wasnt singled out.

Then it's not really a team. It's a buisiness.

Yeah...it is a business...and no one is above the team.

broncohead
09-01-2009, 10:32 PM

Didn't say he was. But if McD didn't want to commit to Jay as the QB why should Jay commit to the team?

Tempus Fugit
09-01-2009, 10:52 PM

The Raiders trading Moss to the Patriots for a 4th round pick was a far worse trade than the Cutler deal.

The Hershel Walker deal was far worse than the Cutler deal.

Denver got 2 first round picks and another QB in the deal. People really need to try a little perspective.

Tempus Fugit
09-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Didn't say he was. But if McD didn't want to commit to Jay as the QB why should Jay commit to the team?

To honor his contract

Northman
09-01-2009, 10:54 PM

Because Jay said he played for his teammates, not the coach. Or, is Jay a liar? Hmmm, this ought to be good.

Ravage!!!
09-01-2009, 10:56 PM
To honor his contract

yeah.. that just doesn't seem to hold a lot of clout in the NFL when the owners/coaches can either cut you or trade you without guaranteed contracts. We would LOVE (hell the OWNERS would love) if we could simply tell these guys that they need to play out their contracts, not expect to get raises, don't expect any kind of stability, and we can cut and/or reduce your contract at any time. Sounds like a pretty sweet deal for one side of that table.

Ravage!!!
09-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Because Jay said he played for his teammates, not the coach. Or, is Jay a liar? Hmmm, this ought to be good.

and lets not take that out of context on how it was stated, and/or when it was stated.

He's still playing for his teammates... right? They just happen to be in another uniform.

MOtorboat
09-01-2009, 10:59 PM
yeah.. that just doesn't seem to hold a lot of clout in the NFL when the owners/coaches can either cut you or trade you without guaranteed contracts. We would LOVE (hell the OWNERS would love) if we could simply tell these guys that they need to play out their contracts, not expect to get raises, don't expect any kind of stability, and we can cut and/or reduce your contract at any time. Sounds like a pretty sweet deal for one side of that table.

Life sucks, doesn't it?

Ravage!!!
09-01-2009, 11:01 PM
Life sucks, doesn't it?

Does right now if you are a Broncos fan watching your best players leave in droves :beer:

But that the reality. If you think players should simply roll over and let the millionaire owners get all the benefits, then most likely you are going to be disappointed when a player doesn't roll over.

Northman
09-01-2009, 11:02 PM
and lets not take that out of context on how it was stated, and/or when it was stated.

He's still playing for his teammates... right? They just happen to be in another uniform.

Its not out of context. He made that statement while still in Denver and then asked for a trade. Sorry, you cant pick and choose where you want to use that quote especially at the time it was stated.

Tempus Fugit
09-01-2009, 11:03 PM

Whoa.... the contracts, and the CBA, allow teams to do that. They do not allow players to do what Cutler did. That's why there are fines for missing mandatory OTAs. Teams are living up to their end of the contract. Cutler did not live up to his end. If the players didn't like it, they shouldn't have ratified the CBA.

Cutler's lucky I wasn't in charge of the Broncos. I'd have his pouting ass rotting at the end of the bench for the rest of his contract, then I'd franchise his ass and do it for another couple of years. By the time I was done with that little Nancy boy, there'd never be a danger of one of these clowns pulling this crap again.

NameUsedBefore
09-01-2009, 11:06 PM
You hard.

Northman
09-01-2009, 11:07 PM
You hard.

Walk Hard.

broncohead
09-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Whoa.... the contracts, and the CBA, allow teams to do that. They do not allow players to do what Cutler did. That's why there are fines for missing mandatory OTAs. Teams are living up to their end of the contract. Cutler did not live up to his end. If the players didn't like it, they shouldn't have ratified the CBA.

Cutler's lucky I wasn't in charge of the Broncos. I'd have his pouting ass rotting at the end of the bench for the rest of his contract, then I'd franchise his ass and do it for another couple of years. By the time I was done with that little Nancy boy, there'd never be a danger of one of these clowns pulling this crap again.

Not true. Teams cut and trade players all the time before contract is up.

broncohead
09-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Its not out of context. He made that statement while still in Denver and then asked for a trade. Sorry, you cant pick and choose where you want to use that quote especially at the time it was stated.

McD traded him so how could he play for his teamates from the Broncos?

Tempus Fugit
09-01-2009, 11:12 PM

It's allowed. It is such definitely allowed, in fact, that the cap hits of such maneuvers are known at the time the contract is signed and accepted by the league.

MOtorboat
09-01-2009, 11:12 PM

Um, huh?

Cutler got himself traded, unless you weren't paying attention, which it seems you weren't...

broncohead
09-01-2009, 11:14 PM
Um, huh?

Cutler got himself traded, unless you weren't paying attention, which it seems you weren't...

All a player can do is demand a trade they don't have the authority to actually make one. Did you know that?

Northman
09-01-2009, 11:22 PM

Jay made a public statement to the MEDIA that he didnt play for the coaches, he played for his teammates. This means despite being miffed about a trade proposal from McD it would lead one to assume that Jay was just going to go about business and play with his teammates and stay with the team.

Then Jay comes out and says he wants to be traded.

Which would send a message to your teammates (the ones you also didnt return phone calls too in the last week he was here) that you dont play for your teammates and only care about yourself. Pretty simple concept to understand really.

Northman
09-01-2009, 11:22 PM
Um, huh?

Why it is people have a hard time with that concept. Its like they are some kind of denial there. :lol:

Tned
09-01-2009, 11:23 PM

As Fugit says, that is part of the CBA. Teams can cut players, which is why most contracts that are signed have a signing bonus, which is money the player gets up front, because he knows that he likely will not get paid the full contract. Also, what has become more common in recent years is additional guaranteed money, either in the form of years of salary that is guaranteed or roster/option bonuses that are guaranteed.

A team cutting a player is not the team not honoring the contract, because the players union has negotiated and allows that (unlike say in Baseball), and the tradeoff is that players get signing bonuses up front.

broncohead
09-01-2009, 11:38 PM
Why it is people have a hard time with that concept. Its like they are some kind of denial there. :lol:

Even pro analysis' where saying McD jumped the gun. Cutler didn't miss any mandatory camps (he wasn't on the team when they started) so the logic that he forced his way out doesn't hold any water.

Northman
09-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Even pro analysis' where saying McD jumped the gun. Cutler didn't miss any mandatory camps (he wasn't on the team when they started) so the logic that he forced his way out doesn't hold any water.

Uh, yea it does. There was no jumping the gun. Jay asked for a trade, when Bowlen and McDaniels repeatedly tried to get a hold of him to see what was up he refused to get back with them thus leaving the FO with no choice but to trade him.

Tned
09-01-2009, 11:49 PM

We may never know what really happened. McDaniels is 'stingy' with the truth, Cutler is immature, and with no disrespect to Mr. Bowlen (who I think is a great owner), he has admitted to memory loss and publicly said things like he didn't talk to Jay after firing Mike, when he stated on the day he fired Mike that he had talked to Jay, as he is the man in Denver.

So, with that being said, on the one hand Jay said he would attend all mandatory practices, and never threatened to hold out, just asked for a trade. On the other hand, Bowlen and McDaniels have said Jay didn't return their calls. If he really didn't respond to Bowlens calls, even if he was pissed over something McDaniels did, it is inexcusible.

IMO, I think McDaniels forced Cutler out, and I was suspicious of something being up as soon as I saw Simms signed to a $6 million dollar deal to back Cutler up. I told guys at work, why are they paying a guy that was basically out of football for two years after his injury $3 million a year to back up Jay Cutler, it doesn't make much sense considering the holes they have to fill elsewhere.

Anyway, while that's my theory/belief as to what prompted all of this, I have no proof, and it could just as well be all Cutler's fault. We may never know.

broncohead
09-01-2009, 11:52 PM
Uh, yea it does. There was no jumping the gun. Jay asked for a trade, when Bowlen and McDaniels repeatedly tried to get a hold of him to see what was up he refused to get back with them thus leaving the FO with no choice but to trade him.

He was still under contract so the other option would have been to say
"**** you. You can hold out and lose money or get to work on the field." Marshall also asked for a trade and is acting like a punk. I don't see how the FO had "no choice" with Cutler but now they have options.

broncohead
09-01-2009, 11:55 PM
We may never know what really happened. McDaniels is 'stingy' with the truth, Cutler is immature, and with no disrespect to Mr. Bowlen (who I think is a great owner), he has admitted to memory loss and publicly said things like he didn't talk to Jay after firing Mike, when he stated on the day he fired Mike that he had talked to Jay, as he is the man in Denver.

So, with that being said, on the one hand Jay said he would attend all mandatory practices, and never threatened to hold out, just asked for a trade. On the other hand, Bowlen and McDaniels have said Jay didn't return their calls. If he really didn't respond to Bowlens calls, even if he was pissed over something McDaniels did, it is inexcusible.

IMO, I think McDaniels forced Cutler out, and I was suspicious of something being up as soon as I saw Simms signed to a $6 million dollar deal to back Cutler up. I told guys at work, why are they paying a guy that was basically out of football for two years after his injury $3 million a year to back up Jay Cutler, it doesn't make much sense considering the holes they have to fill elsewhere.

Anyway, while that's my theory/belief as to what prompted all of this, I have no proof, and it could just as well be all Cutler's fault. We may never know.

Couldn't agree more but I wouldn't have made the trade. The player could have held out but he would lose money. When the player wanted to get paid he can come and put work in with the rest of the team.

Northman
09-01-2009, 11:57 PM
"**** you. You can hold out and lose money or get to work on the field." Marshall also asked for a trade and is acting like a punk. I don't see how the FO had "no choice" with Cutler but now they have options.

Simple. Jay's issue was coming up before the draft which meant if Denver was going to get anything in return THIS year they would have to pull the trigger. Add in the fact that Jay isnt a off field issue like Marshall is so Jay's leverage is far better at that point than Brandon's. Jay could of easily sat out, he had the money to do it, Brandon not so much. But like i said, the draft was coming up and when Denver didnt hear back from Jay for 2 straight weeks they had to decide what to do and moved him.

West
09-02-2009, 12:05 AM
Gay. Not another bum QB. I'd take Boldin though.

FanInAZ
09-02-2009, 01:07 AM
over the hill rival?

no offense but do you watch football?

Kurt Warner has been one of the best QB's in the entire league, what makes you say hes over the hill?

the age factor means squat until you actually show it.

He has had the best recieving tandum in fooball. Up until last year, he had done nothing since leaving the Rams. Correct me if I'm wrong, but was not last year was the first time since leaving the Rams that he didn't miss several games due to injuries.

Kaylore
09-02-2009, 01:09 AM
Leinart will be good.
False.

Shazam!
09-02-2009, 01:35 AM
False.

I should've rephrased that, can be good.

He had a bad string of injuries and a Super Bowl QB breathing down his neck. I don't think he's even played a full season worth of games. Given protection and wideouts you never know, he could blossom into something.

NameUsedBefore
09-02-2009, 02:03 AM

He had a bad string of injuries and a Super Bowl QB breathing down his neck. I don't think he's even played a full season worth of games. Given protection and wideouts you never know, he could blossom into something.

Um...

Dirk
09-02-2009, 05:43 AM

You have to remember that there really wasn't someone of "starter" quality sitting and waiting for Cutty to leave. In Marshall's case, Royal is No 1 reciever IMO. The guy is a stud so they have the luxury of sitting back and making BMarsh lose money.

But...back to the topic.

No I wouldn't like this. I do agree that Lienart would probably become a very good QB in this system, I don't want Bolden going to KC. :lol:

Reidman
09-02-2009, 05:49 AM
We should have gotten Favre...

Nomad
09-02-2009, 06:26 AM
I could like that #1 draft choice of the chefs it should be between 5-12.. more than we have now for this moron.. lienhart is just a bonus.. that needs another home to show off his wares, under a good QB coach he might be a real plus.. ..

You are right JR! I'd take this trade in a heartbeat. A potentially good QB and a Chiefs 1st rounder....I wish this rumor were true. Marshall will never give the BRONCOS 100% on the field and his attitude will remain the same so it'll be an ongoing battle.

SOCALORADO.
09-02-2009, 07:57 AM
You are right JR! I'd take this trade in a heartbeat. A potentially good QB and a Chiefs 1st rounder....I wish this rumor were true. Marshall will never give the BRONCOS 100% on the field and his attitude will remain the same so it'll be an ongoing battle.

DING! WINNER!
Take the deal, and let the moron walk over to Arizona, where he promptly will be suspended for 8 games for jaywalking, or beating some girl.

CoachChaz
09-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Marshall is pretty much useless to us as it is, so finding a deal only seems smart. Getting a 1st round pick and a QB in the deal is pretty good. In reality, the only team that gives up 1st rounders for angry WR's is Dallas (Galloway, R. Williams) and I just dont see them doing it again. So getting KC's inevitably high 1st rounder would be nice.

The extra part is getting Leinart, who I really dont believe has the INability to supplant Warner so much as he is a victim of Whisenhunt's man love for the veteran. It's obvious that Whiz feels more comfortable with Warner over Leinart, but we'll see how it pans out this year. I really dont foresee Warner going two seasons without injury and I REALLY liked what I've seen from Leinart this pre-season. For some reason ALL of their games have been televised in this area.

Tned
09-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Marshall is pretty much useless to us as it is, so finding a deal only seems smart. Getting a 1st round pick and a QB in the deal is pretty good. In reality, the only team that gives up 1st rounders for angry WR's is Dallas (Galloway, R. Williams) and I just dont see them doing it again. So getting KC's inevitably high 1st rounder would be nice.

The extra part is getting Leinart, who I really dont believe has the INability to supplant Warner so much as he is a victim of Whisenhunt's man love for the veteran. It's obvious that Whiz feels more comfortable with Warner over Leinart, but we'll see how it pans out this year. I really dont foresee Warner going two seasons without injury and I REALLY liked what I've seen from Leinart this pre-season. For some reason ALL of their games have been televised in this area.

FWIW, the original rumor on the AZRedReport.com was Leinart and a 2nd (coming to us from KC, through AZ) for Marshall. The bleachreport guys added the 1st, because they didn't have all the details of the proposal. My guess is they don't pay for scout.com, saw the headline "Marshall to AZ, Leinart to Denver, Boldin to KC" and then as they pointed out, realized it didn't make sense as KC gave up nothing, and so filled in the blanks with their opinion.

I would say that this trade is highly unlikely for many reasons (from multiple team's perspectives), but I couldn't rule anything out from happening this offseason.

nbenallo33
09-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Tned i would like to see that it would give us our franchise QB back.. i actually put Lienart on my franchice on my madden 10 game

broncofaninfla
09-02-2009, 09:50 AM
I'd prefer to keep Marshall but since it looks like we won't I'd take Leinhart and a high draft pick for Marshall.

Dortoh
09-02-2009, 09:56 AM
I would do this deal yesterday.

We get a mid 1st and a qb with potential and lose a headcase who wants to and will get paid.

Lonestar
09-02-2009, 10:01 AM
I would do this deal yesterday.

We get a mid 1st and a qb with potential and lose a headcase who wants to and will get paid.

Even as Tned said a 2nd and Matt would work for me as we all know that that 2nd would be within a top 40 pick.. maybe even a 33-35..:laugh: having three picks inside the 45 best players would not hurt this team at all..

maybe even 4 within 60..

Dortoh
09-02-2009, 10:01 AM

He does have much better overall taste in women then Orton so I guess that is something.

He also has use of all 10 fingers and a spleen so that cant be a bad thing either.

SoCalImport
09-02-2009, 10:05 AM
The thing I can't get past when it comes to this (Bogus) trade scenario is KC getting Boldin.. I don't like any trade that gives an up and coming team in the division a great player like him. (unless it's the broncos of course)

and yes. Sadly, I do believe that KC is on it's way back. How far they'll get? Who knows, but they're definitely getting better. imho.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
09-02-2009, 10:11 AM
That would be a horrible, horrible, horrible trade. And sure enough KC would improve by leaps and bounds. :mad:

As a long time Bronco fan (Since '96) north of the 49 this is getting a little ridiculous for me. I haven't followed the team as closely this off-season as most and frankly after the horrible 4 game collapse to end the season last year I wanted nothing to do with them for a little bit as their play and preparation at the time was inexcusable and at the level of a high school club. At the time when Shanahan (edit - rather) was relieved of his position (and rightfully so, I might add) I heard more positive things than negative about Josh McDaniels. Now I am hearing things about this guy left, right and center that paint him in a pretty negative light for lack of a better term. The Cutler incident I blew off as a misunderstanding and an immature crybaby wanting his way and only his way but with this latest Brandon Marshall saga going on now I am starting to question whether or not this guy is the right guy for Head Coach. I wish the club would have waited a little longer or looked elsewhere before approaching Josh. Other fans from around the league are laughing at this guy like he's a sociopath who can do nothing but turn his players against him... unfortunately it certainly seems that way so far.

Reminds me of a guy we have up here in the Canadian Football League in Mike Kelly.

Brandon Marshall's little 2 year old temper tantrum at practice was uncalled for and he could've displayed his displeasure in a different way, no question although I did get a couple laughs at him batting the ball away and punting it from the ball boy but it doesn't excuse the immaturity and idiocy of it all. Surely he knows that he is doing nothing but killing his stock around the NFL and making teams who may have previously been interested take a second hard look about whether or not they really want this guy on their rosters.

I hate seeing players not happy in a city or on a team. Perhaps it's because my hockey team in the NHL, the Oilers have one hell of a time attracting players come to our franchise. But the fact that it seems like the beginning of a mass exodus from another of my favorite franchises...

At least Knowshon Moreno looks like a keeper! Maybe a few bright spots this year after all.

Buff
09-02-2009, 10:22 AM
Mods, can we retitle this thread or close the POS down all together?

SOCALORADO.
09-02-2009, 10:27 AM
That would be a horrible, horrible, horrible trade. And sure enough KC would improve by leaps and bounds. :mad:

As a long time Bronco fan (Since '96) north of the 49 this is getting a little ridiculous for me. I haven't followed the team as closely this off-season as most and frankly after the horrible 4 game collapse to end the season last year I wanted nothing to do with them for a little bit as their play and preparation at the time was inexcusable and at the level of a high school club. At the time when Shanahan (edit - rather) was relieved of his position (and rightfully so, I might add) I heard more positive things than negative about Josh McDaniels. Now I am hearing things about this guy left, right and center that paint him in a pretty negative light for lack of a better term. The Cutler incident I blew off as a misunderstanding and an immature crybaby wanting his way and only his way but with this latest Brandon Marshall saga going on now I am starting to question whether or not this guy is the right guy for Head Coach. I wish the club would have waited a little longer or looked elsewhere before approaching Josh. Other fans from around the league are laughing at this guy like he's a sociopath who can do nothing but turn his players against him... unfortunately it certainly seems that way so far.

Reminds me of a guy we have up here in the Canadian Football League in Mike Kelly.

Brandon Marshall's little 2 year old temper tantrum at practice was uncalled for and he could've displayed his displeasure in a different way, no question although I did get a couple laughs at him batting the ball away and punting it from the ball boy but it doesn't excuse the immaturity and idiocy of it all. Surely he knows that he is doing nothing but killing his stock around the NFL and making teams who may have previously been interested take a second hard look about whether or not they really want this guy on their rosters.

I hate seeing players not happy in a city or on a team. Perhaps it's because my hockey team in the NHL, the Oilers have one hell of a time attracting players come to our franchise. But the fact that it seems like the beginning of a mass exodus from another of my favorite franchises...

At least Knowshon Moreno looks like a keeper! Maybe a few bright spots this year after all.

Hey, could you do us all a favor and look up how many time Brandon Marshall has been arrested, what the arrests were for?
Also, could you look into if Josh McDaniels had anything to do with these arrests?

rationalfan
09-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Mods, can we retitle this thread or close the POS down all together?

second that motion.

Kaylore
09-02-2009, 10:46 AM

I think physically speaking, you're correct. I think mentally and emotionally he'll never be "there". Hopefully I'm wrong.

The bottom line is that trading Marshall and Boldin for Leinart is something a Chief fan probably thought up because it A) Gives the Chiefs the least spoiled player of the entire trade and B) Gives the Broncos the least value.

I don't see why the Chiefs would have to be involved at all in this trade considering all the players changing hands are from the Broncos and Cardinals. It's just Bleacher report garbage.

silkamilkamonico
09-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Say this trade goes through. Which QB's get cut. More than likely 2 of 4 will be kept between Orton, Simms, Lienart(QB), Brandstater.

I'm now curious to what will happen with Brandstater. If he plays well again, he might not slip through to the practice roster. Is he the backup and Simms gets cut?

Northman
09-02-2009, 10:50 AM
My guess is Simms would be the odd man out.

topscribe
09-02-2009, 11:21 AM

Leinart was a rookie thrown into the fire on a team that at the time was not a
good team: they weren't even an afterthought for the playoffs. (Cutler was the
once-in-a-generation QB who survived that process . . . and even he struggled
through that.) I do believe Leinart will be good. HOF? Questionable. But he will
be a worthy successor to Warner, IMO, and it will be as a Cardinal. I cannot
find it in me to believe the Cardinals are about to turn loose of Leinart for
anything . . .

-----

claymore
09-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Say this trade goes through. Which QB's get cut. More than likely 2 of 4 will be kept between Orton, Simms, Lienart(QB), Brandstater.

I'm now curious to what will happen with Brandstater. If he plays well again, he might not slip through to the practice roster. Is he the backup and Simms gets cut?

I say simms. He is a boo boo waiting to happen, and he makes an ass load to be a 3rd string QB.

silkamilkamonico
09-02-2009, 12:29 PM
I say simms. He is a boo boo waiting to happen, and he makes an ass load to be a 3rd string QB.

Would we keep 3 QB's? I liked what I saw from Brandstater last week, and even though he's in no way ready to take the helm by any means, if he plays well tomorrow and a trade goes through for a QB, does Denver risk cutting him and having him slip through to the practice squad? There are some teams that have absolutely no depth at QB that might be intrigued by him as a potential backup this year and take their chances.

I don't think that would happen, but I'm not sure I would even want to take that chance.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
09-02-2009, 12:50 PM
Hey, could you do us all a favor and look up how many time Brandon Marshall has been arrested, what the arrests were for?
Also, could you look into if Josh McDaniels had anything to do with these arrests?

Hey,

Do you think I really give a rats ass? Do you really think that I am going to waste my time for you?

I've heard, read and seen all I need to know about Josh McDaniels thus far to know that he doesn't strike anyone as a coach who can get along with his players or mend rifts before they tear open exposed for the entire world to see. You do whatever it takes to make a top 10 WR in the NFL happy and contempt with his situation. Ever since the Denver Broncos took the field during the opening play of game # 12 last season the entire franchise has been sliding down a slippery slope and it is nearing joke status as far as I'm concerned.

Who is going to be the next player to want out? Royal, Moreno? Bailey?

Well, who? Only a matter of time.

TXBRONC
09-02-2009, 12:52 PM
Would we keep 3 QB's? I liked what I saw from Brandstater last week, and even though he's in no way ready to take the helm by any means, if he plays well tomorrow and a trade goes through for a QB, does Denver risk cutting him and having him slip through to the practice squad? There are some teams that have absolutely no depth at QB that might be intrigued by him as a potential backup this year and take their chances.

I don't think that would happen, but I'm not sure I would even want to take that chance.

I think Martin would get cut before Brandstater.

silkamilkamonico
09-02-2009, 12:55 PM
I think Martin would get cut before Brandstater.

This is if there's a trade for Lienart (or QB if Marshall was traded).

Do we keep 3 QB's, or which 2? Orton, Simms, Brandstater, Lienart(QB viz trade)?

MOtorboat
09-02-2009, 01:06 PM
Hey,

Do you think I really give a rats ass? Do you really think that I am going to waste my time for you?

I've heard, read and seen all I need to know about Josh McDaniels thus far to know that he doesn't strike anyone as a coach who can get along with his players or mend rifts before they tear open exposed for the entire world to see. You do whatever it takes to make a top 10 WR in the NFL happy and contempt with his situation. Ever since the Denver Broncos took the field during the opening play of game # 12 last season the entire franchise has been sliding down a slippery slope and it is nearing joke status as far as I'm concerned.

Oh joy, another I-hate-McDaniels-because-he's-a-terrible-coach-even-though-he's-never-coached-a-single-game troll.

silkamilkamonico
09-02-2009, 01:10 PM
Oh joy, another I-hate-McDaniels-because-he's-a-terrible-coach-even-though-he's-never-coached-a-single-game troll.

He certainly was no Mike Shanahan. Those 8-8 and 9-7 no playoff seasons he pulled off with "his" franchise QB were beyond brilliance.

Q: What NFL franchise stands alone as the only organization holding a 3 game lead in their division with 3 weeks left in the season only to suffer a monumental late season collapse and miss the playoffs?

A: Mike "Denver Broncos" Shanahan

TXBRONC
09-02-2009, 01:10 PM
This is if there's a trade for Lienart (or QB if Marshall was traded).

Do we keep 3 QB's, or which 2? Orton, Simms, Brandstater, Lienart(QB viz trade)?

If Lienart were to come here in a trade then Brandstater would more likely be waived. That being said I don't see this as being more than a rumor.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
09-02-2009, 01:19 PM
He certainly was no Mike Shanahan. Those 8-8 and 9-7 no playoff seasons he pulled off with "his" franchise QB were beyond brilliance.

Q: What NFL franchise stands alone as the only organization holding a 3 game lead in their division with 3 weeks left in the season only to suffer a monumental late season collapse and miss the playoffs?

A: Mike "Denver Broncos" Shanahan

I was probably the happiest guy around when Shanahan got the axe so congratulations on just wasting both of our time.

Preaching to the choir here. Great job!

silkamilkamonico
09-02-2009, 01:23 PM
I was probably the happiest guy around when Shanahan got the axe so congratulations on just wasting both of our time.

Preaching to the choir here. Great job!

t least you can agree that any change is better, and if that means blowing up the "soft" and "entitled" players Shanahan had on his team, then so be it.

How's that offense worked so far for Carson "franchise" Palmer and the Cincinatti Bengals?

Losing breeds losers. Deal with it.

SOCALORADO.
09-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Hey,

I've heard, read and seen all I need to know about BRANDON MARSHALL in the news thus far to know that he doesn't strike anyone as a PLAYER who can get along with his coaches, players or the female population to mend rifts before they tear open exposed for the entire world to see. You do whatever it takes to make a top 10 WR in the NFL happy, as long as he acts like an adult, and isnt in CONSTANT trouble with the law,IE (getting arrested) or BEATING WOMEN and acting like pacman jones in his free time. Ever since the Denver Broncos took the field during the opening play of game # 12 last season under the grand master of coaches Mike Shanahan, the entire franchise has been sliding down a slippery slope and it is nearing joke status as far as I'm concerned.

Nah, they are what the "grown -up, adult world" calls professionals. Responsible adults. No worries with them.

There fixed.

Kaylore
09-02-2009, 01:33 PM

The funniest thing about this is they use his lack of experience as an argument for why he shouldn't be allowed to do anything.

"He hasn't won one game as a head coach! He has no right to tell the team what to do!" So they're argument is he should come in, and basically change nothing and do nothing and let the team kind of cruise control into the season. Then if they sort of just kind of coach themselves into winning by him simply being nearby, THEN he has authority to change the team and make changes. Until then, NO SIR! He hasn't won a game as a head coach and therefore hasn't earned the right to coach this team. Other head coaches who all were rookies are the exception to this rule! Now excuse me while I cry into my number six pillow...:coffee:

SOCALORADO.
09-02-2009, 01:38 PM
The funniest thing about this is they use his lack of experience as an argument for why he shouldn't be allowed to do anything.

"He hasn't won one game as a head coach! He has no right to tell the team what to do!" So they're argument is he should come in, and basically change nothing and do nothing and let the team kind of cruise control into the season. Then if they sort of just kind of coach themselves into winning by him simply being nearby, THEN he has authority to change the team and make changes. Until then, NO SIR! He hasn't won a game as a head coach and therefore hasn't earned the right to coach this team. Other head coaches who all were rookies are the exception to this rule! Now excuse me while I cry into my number six pillow...:coffee:

:lol: Absolutely laughing my Arse off when i read that! Priceless!!

roomemp
09-02-2009, 01:44 PM
Hey,

I agree 100%.......We should rename the Denver Broncos the Denver Marshalls if that is what it takes.......:tsk:

MOtorboat
09-02-2009, 01:52 PM

You know...Like Steve Spagnuolo.

Tned
09-02-2009, 01:52 PM
I think physically speaking, you're correct. I think mentally and emotionally he'll never be "there". Hopefully I'm wrong.

The bottom line is that trading Marshall and Boldin for Leinart is something a Chief fan probably thought up because it A) Gives the Chiefs the least spoiled player of the entire trade and B) Gives the Broncos the least value.

I don't see why the Chiefs would have to be involved at all in this trade considering all the players changing hands are from the Broncos and Cardinals. It's just Bleacher report garbage.

FWIW, while I do believe it was likely just "thought up", it didn't come from bleacher report or a Chief's fan, it started on AzRedReport.com, which is the WPI or Broncosupdate (scout.com affiliate) that covers the Cardinals. I know nothing about AzRedReport.com, so I have no clue if they routinely report good stuff or crap, but just thought I would point out that is where it started, and was then reproduced on WPI (Chiefs) and then finally on Bleacherreport missing some of the details that were in the original AzRedReport Article/Blog entry.

skycoyote
09-02-2009, 02:03 PM
I agree 100%.......We should rename the Denver Broncos the Denver Marshalls if that is what it takes.......:tsk:

lol, how about the Denver McPatriots.

jhildebrand
09-02-2009, 03:16 PM
Leinart did look pretty good against Green Bay the other night.

We will see him up close and personal tomorrow night. At this point trade Marshall for Leinart and a 5th and I am fine with it. Moving him would be the last piece of disgruntled former Shanahan guys.

Let the fresh start begin!

topscribe
09-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Hey,

Nature Boy? Is that you?

-----

jhildebrand
09-02-2009, 06:03 PM
You do whatever it takes to make a top 10 WR in the NFL happy and contempt with his situation. Ever since the Denver Broncos took the field during the opening play of game # 12 last season the entire franchise has been sliding down a slippery slope and it is nearing joke status as far as I'm concerned..

You give the guy whatever he wants? :confused: Are you serious?!?!?!

Look, the Broncos were the only team out of 32 that drafted Brandon Marshall. 31 other teams passed on him. I think it stands to reason there was something that caused those teams to pass on him. I also think there is a reason he ended up at UCF!!

The Broncos were swiftly rewarded for drafting him by Brandon himself with a nice and shiny DUI. He continued the gift by playing coy with his injuries to the point the team had to threaten the kid with his roster spot to get him to play. No wonder they didn't take him serious when his hip hurt. The presents kept coming with multiple arrests for beating girls 1/3 his size. What did the team do? They stuck their neck out for him YET AGAIN! They set him up with the league revered Rod Smith. How did Marshall reward the team and Smith? He swiftly rewarded them by burning that bridge and getting arrested again!!!

I haven't even mentioned his involvement in the death of Darrent Williams yet!

So yea...I would certainly throw 35 or 40 Million at that kid :rolleyes:

The fact is this team has been 8-8 for three seasons WITH B MARSH AND CUTLER. Are you going to convince me that we will be sooooooo much worse than 8-8 without him?

Kaylore
09-02-2009, 08:45 PM
FWIW, while I do believe it was likely just "thought up", it didn't come from bleacher report or a Chief's fan, it started on AzRedReport.com, which is the WPI or Broncosupdate (scout.com affiliate) that covers the Cardinals. I know nothing about AzRedReport.com, so I have no clue if they routinely report good stuff or crap, but just thought I would point out that is where it started, and was then reproduced on WPI (Chiefs) and then finally on Bleacherreport missing some of the details that were in the original AzRedReport Article/Blog entry.

War Paint Illustrated you say? :lol:

I have four words for you: The deal is done! :laugh:

Tned
09-02-2009, 08:54 PM
War Paint Illustrated you say? :lol:

I have four words for you: The deal is done! :laugh:

But as I said, because I know how everyone feels about WPI, it didn't start with WPI, they took it from AzRedReport.com. Don't know if they are any better than WPI, but it didn't start with WPI or bleacher report.

Superchop 7
09-03-2009, 08:33 AM
I want DEFENSE !!