PDA

View Full Version : Moreno Back In Action

Denver Native (Carol)
09-01-2009, 02:58 PM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/moreno-back-in-action/

After missing time with an injury, Knowshon Moreno was back on the practice field Tuesday at Dove Valley. Sporting an orange jersey designated for players recovering from injury, Moreno worked with the rest of the running backs in full drills at the onset of the session.

Among those backs was also LaMont Jordan, who returned from injury wearing his regular white No. 32 jersey. More to come at DenverBroncos.com following this afternoon’s practice.

Day1BroncoFan
09-01-2009, 02:59 PM
This is great news.

Thanks for posting.

claymore
09-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Here is NTL's good news!

pnbronco
09-01-2009, 03:01 PM
Thanks Carol, that is good news.

powderaddict
09-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Great! I hope he's ready to be unleashed against Cincy :)

underrated29
09-01-2009, 03:15 PM
Fantastic!!!!

This is GREAT news!!!!!

We still might have a shot to beat cincy afterall.

Dortoh
09-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Finally a positive event.

honz
09-01-2009, 03:33 PM
I wonder if he will get a few reps in the 4th preseason game just to give him some more experience at the NFL level. Doubtful unless he is totally 100%, but it might be good for him.

honz
09-01-2009, 03:34 PM
First positive news since Cutler got traded.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-01-2009, 03:35 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2009/09/01/knowshon-is-practicing/

At last, a little good news for the Broncos on the injury front.

First-round draft pick Knowshon Moreno is back on the field with the team for the first time since spraining his MCL Aug. 14 in San Francisco.

Moreno is wearing an orange “non-contact” jersey, meaning he will probably be held out of much of the team work later in the session, but he will be able to participate in individual and position drills and will be getting what coaches call the “mental reps.”

There is little to no chance Moreno plays Thursday against Arizona, but the team, and Moreno, then has 10 days to get ready for the season opener Sept. 13 against the Bengals.

Defensive lineman Marcus Thomas and running back LaMont Jordan are also back at practice after missing last week with injuries.

As expected, quarterbacks Kyle Orton and Chris Simms are not practicing. They are among nine players who have been held out. The others are: WR Jabar Gaffney (thumb), S Josh Barrett (shoulder), CB Tony Carter (ankle), OL Ben Hamilton (undisclosed), DE Le Kevin Smith (undisclosed), OL Chris Kuper (ankle) and CB Josh Bell (leg).

G_Money
09-01-2009, 03:36 PM
Come back strong, Knowshon. :salute:

~G

West
09-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Good. Knowshon should be carrying the work load this season, IMO.

Italianmobstr7
09-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Awesome. Knowshon is going to have to be a beast for us to be any good this year!

Lonestar
09-01-2009, 04:15 PM
I would hope that they do not play any of the walking wounded in this coming game.. let them heal up for game 1..

FanInAZ
09-01-2009, 04:16 PM

Actually, their have been a number of smaller possitive events that too many want to blow off. This one will hopefully be big enough to get people to wait until we actully lose a game that matter before writing off the entire season.

Day1BroncoFan
09-01-2009, 04:28 PM
I'm hoping for three things.

1) Moreno's a beast and stays healthy.
2) Our offense stays healthy and they don't get penalties that kill drives.
3) Our QB can manage to get/stay healthy and put points into the endzone when given an opportunity.

nbenallo33
09-01-2009, 04:38 PM
:elefant: that is great news!

Lonestar
09-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Actually, their have been a number of smaller possitive events that too many want to blow off. This one will hopefully be big enough to get people to wait until we actully lose a game that matter before writing off the entire season.

way to many wrote the season off when jay was traded or for that matter when josh was hired instead of Sapgnuolo..

now the team is starting to look like they can move the ball with out jay or BM and they are not happy that we just might be better than they thought..

and some folks just hate everything NE..

we are going to lose alot of games this year and frankly I do not have any reason to believe mike would have done any better.

considering the schedule and his propensity to not worry about the defense in the draft..

nevcraw
09-01-2009, 06:29 PM
way to many wrote the season off when jay was traded or for that matter when josh was hired instead of Sapgnuolo..

now the team is starting to look like they can move the ball with out jay or BM and they are not happy that we just might be better than they thought..

we are going to lose alot of games this year and frankly I do not have any reason to believe mike would have done any better.

considering the schedule and his propensity to not worry about the defense in the draft..

Jr. are you watching Bizzarro football? at what point of the preason (outside of Tommy Gun throwing a beauty to Kenny) were the Broncos confused with moving the ball?

jrelway
09-01-2009, 07:04 PM

i think most are griping about not scoring. not if we can move the ball.

dogfish
09-01-2009, 07:29 PM
can he play quarterback?

Superchop 7
09-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Yeah, Shanny would have been 0-3 in the pre-season too.

Puh-leeze.

BroncoJoe
09-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Detroit went 4-0 in last seasons preseason.

BFD.

dogfish
09-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Yeah, Shanny would have been 0-3 in the pre-season too.

Puh-leeze.

fer reals chop?

you're complaining about the freaking PRE-SEASON record??

dude, that's pathetic-- PLEASE tell me you haven't stooped that low, and you're just being sarcastic. . . .

TXBRONC
09-01-2009, 09:28 PM
can he play quarterback?

Spiro Agnew?

I don't know if he could play quarterback but I bet he could steal a football for ya. :lol:

BroncoJoe
09-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Spiro Agnew?

I don't know if he could quarterback but I bet he could steal a football for ya. :lol:

That's Spiro T. Agnew to you, sir.

shank
09-01-2009, 11:11 PM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j73/shawshank24/moreno.jpg

broncohead
09-01-2009, 11:44 PM
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j73/shawshank24/moreno.jpg

Nice jersey! But after getting burned on Cutler and Marshall (Even if he stays he's a punk) i'm sticking with vetrans.

skycoyote
09-16-2009, 05:25 AM
Somebody on this site was a big Beanie Wells fan. He was right, I watch Beanie play this weekend and he looked really good playing for Arizona. He had power and speed like Terrell.

broncofaninfla
09-16-2009, 05:31 AM
Somebody on this site was a big Beanie Wells fan. He was right, I watch Beanie play this weekend and he looked really good playing for Arizona. He had power and speed like Terrell.

I agree. There are a lot of rookies playing really good this year then there is Moreno and Ayers. Very disappointed in both to date.

claymore
09-16-2009, 06:41 AM
Teams are making Orton Beat them. Until he does Moreno will be a disapointment.

Ayers could me much worse. I dont have an issue with him.

CoachChaz
09-16-2009, 06:54 AM
Anyone remember Randy Quaid in Major League 2? When he decided he hated the Indians and anytime they did anything good, he'd still beat them up with his negative and morose comments and behavior?

That's claymore

claymore
09-16-2009, 07:06 AM
Anyone remember Randy Quaid in Major League 2? When he decided he hated the Indians and anytime they did anything good, he'd still beat them up with his negative and morose comments and behavior?

That's claymore

Thats ridiculous. How in the hell did I beat them up in that comment? Our offense as a whole sucks ass, and it starts with the QB position.

I said nothing offbase.

CoachChaz
09-16-2009, 09:24 AM
Thats ridiculous. How in the hell did I beat them up in that comment? Our offense as a whole sucks ass, and it starts with the QB position.

I said nothing offbase.

Better than average o-line...better than average receivers...good running game...

But because there were dropped balls in key situations in ONE GAME that, oh by the way, we WON...our QB sucks and offense is anemic? Seriously?

silkamilkamonico
09-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Better than average o-line...better than average receivers...good running game...

But because there were dropped balls in key situations in ONE GAME that, oh by the way, we WON...our QB sucks and offense is anemic? Seriously?

IMHO you are one of the more knowledgeable posters on this board but I have to agree with claymore.

We have one of the best olines in the game, and then "better than average receivers....good running game..." = 12 points, 6 which came off that miracle play.

Our offense earned 6 points. 2 FG's, for 59 minutes of that game, I certainly don't feel good about our offense and their ability to score anything right now. That can change, and the offense as a whole needs to play better, but Orton needs to learn how to make better decisions quicker.

Lonestar
09-16-2009, 12:09 PM
IMHO you are one of the more knowledgeable posters on this board but I have to agree with claymore.

We have one of the best olines in the game, and then "better than average receivers....good running game..." = 12 points, 6 which came off that miracle play.

Our offense earned 6 points. 2 FG's, for 59 minutes of that game, I certainly don't feel good about our offense and their ability to score anything right now. That can change, and the offense as a whole needs to play better, but Orton needs to learn how to make better decisions quicker.

do you not realize that everyone is learning a brand new Offense.. it is not automatic yet for everyone.. that will take some time for everyone to get to know it and the players around them..

this is a rebuilding year almost from the rotten foundation up..

it will be ugly before it get better and any or every win we get is a PLUS..

now next year I'll be worried if they do not "get it"

claymore
09-16-2009, 12:12 PM

Yes. They look the same as the preseason.

There were dropped balls, and dropped interceptions. There isnt a stat for hypotheticals.

Our offense looked worse as a whole than it did last year.

claymore
09-16-2009, 12:16 PM
do you not realize that everyone is learning a brand new Offense.. it is not automatic yet for everyone.. that will take some time for everyone to get to know it and the players around them..

now next year I'll be worried if they do not "get it"Is it possible its a talent issue?

silkamilkamonico
09-16-2009, 12:27 PM

now next year I'll be worried if they do not "get it"

They've had the entire offseason, preseason, and training camp to figure out the new offense. We played offense last week like our coach was just fired the week before, and the assistants patchworked up an entirely new scheme in less than a week.

This isn't college. Players have to make plays. I expect it to be a work in progress throughout the year. I also expect more than 5 consecutive 3 and out's, 2 measley FG's, and a plethora of offensive ineptitude throughout the majority of the game. We had that game won late when we could have made it a 2 possession game, and then our QB takes a sack when he needs to know when to throw it away.

Yea, I'm a little worried right now.

Requiem / The Dagda
09-16-2009, 12:29 PM
I will be worried as long as we have girl-armed Kyle at QB.

Lonestar
09-16-2009, 12:35 PM
They've had the entire offseason, preseason, and training camp to figure out the new offense. We played offense last week like our coach was just fired the week before, and the assistants patchworked up an entirely new scheme in less than a week.

This isn't college. Players have to make plays. I expect it to be a work in progress throughout the year. I also expect more than 5 consecutive 3 and out's, 2 measley FG's, and a plethora of offensive ineptitude throughout the majority of the game. We had that game won late when we could have made it a 2 possession game, and then our QB takes a sack when he needs to know when to throw it away.

Yea, I'm a little worried right now.

OK lets try again.. learning in the classroom and then putting it into action a takes time..

If it was a simple play book instead of one of the most complex in the NFL .. if you could learn it and it was automatic after a few preseason games when it was all pretty plain vanilla sure..

but practice is not truly at game speed and preseason is still not quite regular season speed.

think of it as everyone on the team is a rookie, because save a half a dozen ex Pats, they all are..

it is a rebuilding year time to face that fact.. and it you really think that we were going to the playoffs that we would be a MIA or BAL this year forget it..

BAL and MIA had basically good players in most spots MIA really only needed a QB.. BAL not so much so but they had a damned fine D..

WE have almost ZIP.. a OLINE WR and TE that still needed to learn a brand new system..

Worry after the BYE if you do not see us making baby steps..

silkamilkamonico
09-16-2009, 12:38 PM
OK lets try again.. learning in the classroom and then putting it into action a takes time..

If it was a simple play book instead of one of the most complex in the NFL .. if you could learn it and it was automatic after a few preseason games when it was all pretty plain vanilla sure..

but practice is not truly at game speed and preseason is still not quite regular season speed.

think of it as everyone on the team is a rookie, because save a half a dozen ex Pats, they all are..

it is a rebuilding year time to face that fact.. and it you really think that we were going to the playoffs that we would be a MIA or BAL this year forget it..

BAL and MIA had basically good players in most spots MIA really only needed a QB.. BAL not so much so but they had a damned fine D..

WE have almost ZIP.. a OLINE WR and TE that still needed to learn a brand new system..

Worry after the BYE if you do not see us making baby steps..

Please. Go look up how Baltimore, Miami, and Atlanta's offense started out the year last year with their entirely new coaching changes, scheme changes, and personal changes, and then come back and try to convince me they need more time. Let's not forget that Denver has more talent on offense than all those team's do.

All 3 of those teams learned a brand new system. 2 of them also had rookie QB's.

T.K.O.
09-16-2009, 12:40 PM
I will be worried as long as we have girl-armed Kyle at QB.

yeah.....well.........
i hope i never meet a girl with arms like that:D

Lonestar
09-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Please. Go look up how Baltimore, Miami, and Atlanta's offense started out the year last year with their entirely new coaching changes, scheme changes, and personal changes, and then come back and try to convince me they need more time. Let's not forget that Denver has more talent on offense than all those team's do.

All 3 of those teams learned a brand new system. 2 of them also had rookie QB's.

yet for the most part did not have an almost total overhaul of personnel and I suspect except for the DB's graybeards we would have one of the YOUNGEST teams in the NFL..

everyone on this squad is a rookie in this system.. except for the NE players..

and if it were not for the wildcat catching NE off guard last year in the first game MIA would not have been in the playoffs..

believe what you want this team is rebuilding and it is not going to be a playoff year..

silkamilkamonico
09-16-2009, 12:59 PM
yet for the most part did not have an almost total overhaul of personnel and I suspect except for the DB's graybeards we would have one of the YOUNGEST teams in the NFL..

everyone on this squad is a rookie in this system.. except for the NE players..

and if it were not for the wildcat catching NE off guard last year in the first game MIA would not have been in the playoffs..

believe what you want this team is rebuilding and it is not going to be a playoff year..

How did we have a total overhaul on personal? Remeber, we're talking offensive stuggles here. We have a new QB, and some new RB's. Everything else is virtually the same.

You say everyone on this squad offensively is a rookie, than you have to say it for that Miami, Baltimore, and Atlanta team.

Believe what you want, but Miami, Baltimore, and Atlanta were rebuilding last year too on offense, and it didn't take them half the year to start clicking.

I find it funny that you're holding Denver's offense to a lower standard than Miami, Atlanta, Baltimore, when the fact is all 4 teams underwent major coaching changes, and major scheme changes on offense. You're totally ignoring that for some reason.

Denver has a better oline than they did last year, better WR corp than they did last year, and even arguably a similiar running back corp than they did last year. Yet it's Denver that needs more time?

claymore
09-16-2009, 01:05 PM
How did we have a total overhaul on personal? Remeber, we're talking offensive stuggles here. We have a new QB, and some new RB's. Everything else is virtually the same.

You say everyone on this squad offensively is a rookie, than you have to say it for that Miami, Baltimore, and Atlanta team.

Believe what you want, but Miami, Baltimore, and Atlanta were rebuilding last year too on offense, and it didn't take them half the year to start clicking.

I find it funny that you're holding Denver's offense to a lower standard than Miami, Atlanta, Baltimore, when the fact is all 4 teams underwent major coaching changes, and major scheme changes on offense. You're totally ignoring that for some reason.

Denver has a better oline than they did last year, better WR corp than they did last year, and even arguably a similiar running back corp than they did last year. Yet it's Denver that needs more time?
Exactly.

Its going to take time to say it isnt working, but it sure doesnt look good right now.

I then ask, is it the OC, the QB or the HC, or do we just not have the personell to run this "complicated system"?

Poet
09-16-2009, 01:21 PM

I said nothing offbase.

It's really not ridiculous. You have done absolutely nothing but complain and whine about everything in the offseason. Remember when you told us that Marshall held all the cards and had all the leverage? That was wrong. You said that McDaniels sucked as a head coach and so far the only evidence that is available is to the contrary. My god, last year your defense was so bad that if Cincinnati had it's BACKUP QB in we could have dropped 45 points on you. That appears to have changed.

You have been nothing but negative then you went so far as to say that you pretty much didn't like to win ugly because you got an ugly play. You think Pittsburgh complained in 2005 when Vanderjagt, a kick who at the time was kicking something like 95% accuracy missed a FG that would have sent the game into overtime? You think the Patriots lost any sleep over the tuck rule? Do you honestly believe that the Bears cried at night when they needed Devin Hester to score a lot of their points from the special teams side of the ball for them?

Of course teams are making Orton beat you. The number one rule in the NFL is to stop the run game because then you force teams into obvious passing situations. When the Colts had Edgerrin James teams forced Manning to beat them.

Would the win have been easier to accept if Marshall caught a 85 yard bomb Hail Mary style?

Here's a newsflash for you, Cincinnati ended the season ranked 12th in defense. Now they made a jump from the early 20's or down to 12 because they killed a lot of terrible offenses, but they crushed them. Teams averaged like 210 yards per game against them during that big stretch, so it was partially bad competition plus good play.

I don't expect you to know your Cincinnati football, but I'm relatively pessimistic about my team but even I think we have a shot at being a top ten defense this year. The Bengals had a pretty good gameplan and our defensive line is pretty strong.

You said that it starts with the QB position. A. you're wrong. B. even if you were right, it wouldn't be because you were objective about it, it would be because you are still butthurt over losing an overrated crybaby QB.

Your team ran the ball 22 times with little success. So it was easy for Cincinnati to dictate when you guys were going to throw the ball. Orton made a grand total of 28 attempts. Cincinnati won the time of possession battle by seven minutes. Maybe, just maybe one of the reasons why your offense wasn't so good is because your line didn't play all that well, your defense didn't dominate the Cincinnati offense so much as the Cincinnati offense dominated itself, and Cincinnati played well on defense.

Obviously Orton gets some blame, but your biased, and honestly I think that as time goes on you will see that Orton isn't that bad, and Jay Cutler isn't that good.

Day1BroncoFan
09-16-2009, 01:27 PM
Obviously Orton gets some blame, but your biased, and honestly I think that as time goes on you will see that Orton isn't that bad, and Jay Cutler isn't that good.

The only way this happens is if we win the SB this year and then some will say "wait 'til next year when the real Orton starts playing".

claymore
09-16-2009, 01:38 PM
It's really not ridiculous. You have done absolutely nothing but complain and whine about everything in the offseason. Remember when you told us that Marshall held all the cards and had all the leverage? That was wrong. You said that McDaniels sucked as a head coach and so far the only evidence that is available is to the contrary. My god, last year your defense was so bad that if Cincinnati had it's BACKUP QB in we could have dropped 45 points on you. That appears to have changed.

You have been nothing but negative then you went so far as to say that you pretty much didn't like to win ugly because you got an ugly play. You think Pittsburgh complained in 2005 when Vanderjagt, a kick who at the time was kicking something like 95% accuracy missed a FG that would have sent the game into overtime? You think the Patriots lost any sleep over the tuck rule? Do you honestly believe that the Bears cried at night when they needed Devin Hester to score a lot of their points from the special teams side of the ball for them?

Of course teams are making Orton beat you. The number one rule in the NFL is to stop the run game because then you force teams into obvious passing situations. When the Colts had Edgerrin James teams forced Manning to beat them.

Would the win have been easier to accept if Marshall caught a 85 yard bomb Hail Mary style?

Here's a newsflash for you, Cincinnati ended the season ranked 12th in defense. Now they made a jump from the early 20's or down to 12 because they killed a lot of terrible offenses, but they crushed them. Teams averaged like 210 yards per game against them during that big stretch, so it was partially bad competition plus good play.

I don't expect you to know your Cincinnati football, but I'm relatively pessimistic about my team but even I think we have a shot at being a top ten defense this year. The Bengals had a pretty good gameplan and our defensive line is pretty strong.

You said that it starts with the QB position. A. you're wrong. B. even if you were right, it wouldn't be because you were objective about it, it would be because you are still butthurt over losing an overrated crybaby QB.

Your team ran the ball 22 times with little success. So it was easy for Cincinnati to dictate when you guys were going to throw the ball. Orton made a grand total of 28 attempts. Cincinnati won the time of possession battle by seven minutes. Maybe, just maybe one of the reasons why your offense wasn't so good is because your line didn't play all that well, your defense didn't dominate the Cincinnati offense so much as the Cincinnati offense dominated itself, and Cincinnati played well on defense.

You guys always have to get personal. Im not going to argue this shit. You guys bring up Cutler more than I ever have.

Cincinatti sucks worse than Denver. Thats half the reason I think we have a terrible offense.

Lonestar
09-16-2009, 02:24 PM

if you wish to believe that they changed as much as we did that is up to you I do not..