PDA

View Full Version : #31 will be missed

KCL
11-21-2007, 12:12 AM
I am glad I had the pleasure of watching Priest play over the years.He will
be missed.This article gives conflicting statements about his retirement,but I
would not be surprised to see him retire.

Priest Holmes (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8046285a&template=without-video&confirm=true)

Tned
11-21-2007, 12:15 AM
I am glad I had the pleasure of watching Priest play over the years.He will
be missed.

Priest Holmes (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8046285a&template=without-video&confirm=true)

He was a great running back, and seemed like a good guy based on the interviews I saw. I wasn't sure if he was going to make it back from the hip injury a few years ago, and was pulling for him, and did the same with the neck.

I'll miss seeing him on the field punishing non-Bronco teams.

KCL
11-21-2007, 12:25 AM
He was a great running back, and seemed like a good guy based on the interviews I saw. I wasn't sure if he was going to make it back from the hip injury a few years ago, and was pulling for him, and did the same with the neck.

I'll miss seeing him on the field punishing non-Bronco teams.

Yea I think he is a very humble guy.I have always thought he was a better back than LJ and has alot more class.

I was hoping for the best for him and I was so thrilled to see him back on
the field the past couple of weeks.

I hate to see him go again!

Escobar
11-21-2007, 02:03 AM
sucks, but its part of the nfl....he was one of my fav RB's....:salute:

Astrass
11-21-2007, 07:18 PM
He was fun to watch....I liked his style. I just hope he won't suffer much long term injury.

UnderArmour
11-21-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm just glad he was able to get back on the field after his injuries. Not only did he get back on the field, he started 2 games. I hope he can lead a normal life and recover from his injuries.

Broncos Mtnman
11-22-2007, 12:38 AM
I just heard about this on the news and I'm sorry to hear it. I always enjoyed watching him play (except against us... lol).

I wish him well in his future.

Medford Bronco
11-22-2007, 01:11 AM
Yea I think he is a very humble guy.I have always thought he was a better back than LJ and has alot more class.

I was hoping for the best for him and I was so thrilled to see him back on
the field the past couple of weeks.

I hate to see him go again!

KCL you know my feeling on Priest Holmes

When healthy there was no comparison between the two. Priest could catch the ball out of the backfield, rush for over 100 and score like a zillion tds, especially in 2003. Priest always will be to me a classy act and I enjoyed his style very much so. D*ck Vermeil used him like he used Marshall Faulk in St Louis and they were very similar. Also Priest kept his Qb clean when blocking on 3rd down. LJ has does not have the all around skills Priest had when healthy.

May God bless him and he be Thankful that he will be healthy and Thankful that he got to win a Super Bowl with Balt as a young player and got to play a few more games this year, where no one ever expected him to do so, incluing myself.

http://a1259.g.akamai.net/f/1259/5586/5d/images.art.com/images/-/Priest-Holmes---2003-Divisional-Championship--C10118170.jpeg

Watchthemiddle
11-22-2007, 02:30 AM
When I wathced Priest play, I got a feeling of what the league got a taste of when Terrell Davis played.

Two guys who came out of no where to take a league by storm.

I always respected Priest, but hated to play against him.

I hate to see him go as I loved to see him make that comeback.

Honerable guy, classy player, and overall one of the best persons I have read about to ever play the game of football.

:beer::beer:

broncosfanscott
11-22-2007, 03:47 AM
I wish Holmes all the best in the future. He showed great determination and courage for coming back from the injury he had. Not many people would be able to do that and I have the utmost respect for the guy. He is definatly a class act. :salute:

Tned
11-23-2007, 12:54 PM
I watched some clips of his retirement press conference, and he was just as classy and well spoken as I remember seeing him in the past. It's really a shame that he had the two major injuries that derailed, then ended, his career.

KCL
11-23-2007, 01:11 PM
This part teared me up.I know that sounds stupid because I don't
know him personally but it did...:sad:

"I have truly been blessed with the opportunity to play in the National Football League," he said. "I will be forever grateful to the Hunt family and the Chiefs organization for the opportunity to come to Kansas City, where the community embraced me from Day 1."