PDA

View Full Version : Kayvon Webster?

gregbroncs
04-26-2013, 09:09 PM
I've never heard of him andybody know anything about him?

BroncoStud
04-26-2013, 09:12 PM
He's the next Deion Sanders.

chazoe60
04-26-2013, 09:27 PM
http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/2/4/3951916/2013-nfl-draft-prospects-kayvon-webster-scouting-report

cmc0605
04-26-2013, 10:02 PM
I haven't been able to find much to go on, I'll have to watch highlights, but he looks physical and a good tackler. Haven't seen much in terms of coverage and he hasn't had a lot of picks.

I don't know him, but I don't understand drafting a CB in the third. He won't be on the field except for special teams. He won't beat out Champ, Harris, DRC, and more than likely won't beat out Tony Carter. Maybe he's better than Bolden.

Maybe they wanted him for special teams. But I don't see the need.

broncofaninfla
04-26-2013, 10:03 PM
I can see him moved to safety. Seems to be a better fit for him at this level.

Tebowtime2011
04-26-2013, 10:44 PM
I have a feeling he was drafted as a safety because he wasn't great in terms of man coverage but he was a solid tackler and can succeed at times in zone. I know it is a broken record but there were not many good safeties left on the board, and there was not a need at all for cb, maybe he will be a safety. That is the only way I can make sense of this pick.

Magnificent Seven
04-26-2013, 11:08 PM
I've never heard of him andybody know anything about him?

http://youtu.be/TI9SD9nLiyc

Rick
04-26-2013, 11:09 PM
He was drafted 3rd round, he may have been drafted more towards what he can do next year, and maybe as a nickelback.

With his toughness they may have been thinking Nickelback all along and having Harris as an outside guy.

Dzone
04-26-2013, 11:24 PM
He's the next Deion Sanders.
Yes, he is Deion with tackling ability. He is the sleeper of the draft. He is the heir apparent to Champ Bailey. Kayvon will be a perennial all pro. He will play with a chip on his shoulder for not going first round. HOF. He is the best db in this draft. He's a freak.:coffee:

Nick
04-26-2013, 11:36 PM
Meant to post in this thread not our draft thread:

I am fine with them getting Webster. I remember seeing an article about him from someone thinkning we were going to grab in 3rd round and how he was one of the guys we interviewed.

Might have been this one: http://www.milehighreport.com/2013/2/4/3951916/2013-nfl-draft-prospects-kayvon-webster-scouting-report

Man Broncos are getting a lot of hard workers. These are people that all progressed through dedication and alot of hard work. I like this draft and I do not know much about him but things I do know is he was a "No body" That earned a spot to start in his final season and excelled. That team I don't think had much of a pass rush... I know they were pretty bad. From what I hear is he is very aggressive and does not quit. Saw very few games this year from them.

As far as reaching. We are selecting BPA in NEED areas in this draft. I feel very very comfortable about these selections and reasoning. His increase in production from 1 year to next says a different story... Plus.. It would take a lot of film to select this kids with team was playing with and them running zone etc. I think Broncos felt they had a sleeper and also felt like if not selected he would not be there at there next selection.

As far as prospect rankings... Will Davis that was drafted afterwards can not be ranked much better or has to be a lot worse then Webster.

Man, He might be the shortest person with longest arms. lol Thas is just cool.

Walterfootball, CBS, FFtoolbox doesn’t have him listed, and other ones have no info... ESPN atleast has his statistics... These sites don't have shit on this kid... I need to read USF forum posts and local papers right now.

Attention to all you Armchair GM's. If you knew how to evaluate and select players for an NFL team, you'd be evaluating and selecting players for an NFL team. Elway and Fox have made a lot of moves in the past 2+ seasons and the pros outweigh the cons.

In his videos (seen about 30, shows a lot of intensity and don't see him ever picking daisy's or sleeping on a play. Why he was able to get start in senior year... I'm sure) Then again, I see this kids speed and tackle ability and see why he looks up to champ. He might be a beast at safety? Has all the tools... He is like a twice as fast matt elam... http://mockdraftable.com/players/2013/ surprisingly both 5'10 with freaky length of arms, which again is awesome!

Looks like we have a lot hard workers willing to put in 100 percent. I like that a lot better then taking risk on character issues reflecting the Broncos organization. Mile High salute to the first two days of draft. Not flashy but looks like Broncos did a lot of homework.

Also deja vu looking at Web's twitter https://twitter.com/_KAY6 and sly's very thankful for everything every day and understand life is what you make it. Very high with motivation and determination.

We all know Ball is a work horse and with many people familiar with him... Don't need to explain... Glad it was not Lacy.

NightTerror218
04-26-2013, 11:45 PM
Rather have had Jordan poyer

BeefStew25
04-26-2013, 11:55 PM
CB's from southern schools are can't miss.

Nick
04-27-2013, 12:07 AM
Poyner will be a life long special teams player and if played in the dime will be beat consistently in NFL.. I do know Poyner and he is slower then slow. I am sure someone will take a shot at him but in like 5th or 6th round IMO but a waste of a roster. There is a reason he played 20 yards back most of the time against receivers (exaggerating).

Nick
04-27-2013, 12:10 AM
CB's from southern schools are can't miss.

The humidity formulates g45-a into water that increases adrenaline and endurance.

tomjonesrocks
04-27-2013, 12:20 AM
If he takes Rahim Moore's spot, I fully endorse the pick.

Dapper Dan
04-27-2013, 12:47 AM
Haha. This reminds me of last year. I started the "Ronnie Hillman???" thread.

Dzone
04-27-2013, 12:48 AM
He is already better than Alphonso Smith. One of the all time greatest busts in franchise history

Ziggy
04-27-2013, 01:58 AM
Rumor is that Belichick was going to take him a few picks later. I don't know if it's true, but I do know that Belichick was at his pro day and brought him in for a workout.

Dapper Dan
04-27-2013, 02:01 AM
So is he a safety or corner?

broncofaninfla
04-27-2013, 05:33 AM
So is he a safety or corner?

He is listed as a corner but IMO he has safety written all over him.

Dapper Dan
04-27-2013, 05:36 AM
He is listed as a corner but IMO he has safety written all over him.

I saw him listed as 5-10. A tad short for a Safety?

Nomad
04-27-2013, 06:29 AM
I saw him listed as 5-10. A tad short for a Safety?

Speaking of short for a safety.....Cardinals are talking about putting Tyrann Matheiu as FS.

Dapper Dan
04-27-2013, 06:51 AM
Speaking of short for a safety.....Cardinals are talking about putting Tyrann Matheiu as FS.

What? They're high. :laugh:

SmilinAssasSin27
04-27-2013, 07:26 AM
I don't hate the player...just where we took him. Even if Denver felt the need to move up for him in the 4th, we could have gotten someone else here and then set sites on him. Too much talent to pass on at this spot. I'm all for getting yer guy, but I think we could have waited longer.

Dapper Dan
04-27-2013, 07:27 AM
I don't hate the player...just where we took him. Even if Denver felt the need to move up for him in the 4th, we could have gotten someone else here and then set sites on him. Too much talent to pass on at this spot. I'm all for getting yer guy, but I think we could have waited longer.

You never know.

Lancane
04-27-2013, 09:39 AM

That is really where I am on the pick Assassin, this IMHO was a knee jerk reaction...either to Belichick possibly taking him or because other Defensive Backs they liked were gone before the pick. I know a lot of people are taking a 'Wait and See' approach with Webster and that is fine. But I do believe that they fell away from their drafting philosophy with the pick, he was neither BPA or Need. And I know that people are like "Look at what Elway has done, he deserves the benefit of the doubt", I am different...as much as I like what Elway has done, this is the 'Show Me Now' league and not to be an (ass) if you eliminate Von Miller from that first draft, it could be argued that the Broncos have not been as successful in the draft as some other teams. This draft is/was a sort of key because it's showing his growth as the VP/GM of the Broncos, the first two were solid, I don't think the addition of Webster will reflect his overall draft success. But till some of this plays out and we see him add a few Pro Bowlers to the roster through the draft, then there will be questions about his ability in that capacity.

Ziggy
04-27-2013, 10:48 AM
There was a huge run on DB's. It's impossible to tell if he would have been there later or not. I'm betting that the Broncos have a better insight to other teams board structures than we do.

Nick
04-27-2013, 12:14 PM
I saw him listed as 5-10. A tad short for a Safety? have you seen his arms! basically the same reach as a person that is 6'0-6'1

Dapper Dan
04-27-2013, 12:27 PM
have you seen his arms! basically the same reach as a person that is 6'0-6'1

No. I haven't seen his arms. Does he make it past the Home Depot?

Simple Jaded
04-27-2013, 12:44 PM
The Broncos got a lot out two undrafted CB's, knocking it outta the park with Chris Harris, they know what they're doing. I didn't like the pick at all, and I like it even less if he's moved to S, but the dude clearly has talent and the Broncos can clearly develope CB's.

Dzone
04-27-2013, 12:57 PM
Short body, long arms. I bet hes good at deadlifting.

This guy is in the bob sanders mold.

SR
04-27-2013, 01:58 PM
Short body, long arms. I bet hes good at deadlifting.

This guy is in the bob sanders mold.

Bob Sanders was yoked

Dapper Dan
04-27-2013, 08:29 PM

I don't remember typing that. What the hell does Home Depot have to do with anything?

Hawgdriver
04-28-2013, 12:32 PM
If John Fox (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/FoxxJo0.htm#coaching_history::none) likes him that much after a close look, I'll trust it more than random experts who have to cover the universe and don't look as closely into any given athlete. Fox might know a little bit about the cornerback position.

BeefStew25
04-28-2013, 01:44 PM
Sounds like Webster may be a bit limited but isn't a puss.

Superchop 7
04-30-2013, 12:52 AM
For what he is, an aggressive man-cover guy he is very good, not a huge learning curve to do what they need him to do, keep in mind that we used extra safeties in dime last year, not exactly what you want to do.

Since I have been screaming for a guy like this, I have no problem with the selection, it is prudent.

For those of us that like Poyer, keep in mind that he is an excellent zone corner, not easy to learn, different beast entirely.

Dapper Dan
01-20-2014, 12:04 AM

I don't remember typing that. What the hell does Home Depot have to do with anything?

****** Home Depot.