PDA

View Full Version : Russell Westbrook out indefinitely

Denver Native (Carol)
04-26-2013, 01:44 PM
OKLAHOMA CITY -- All-Star point guard Russell Westbrook will have surgery to repair cartilage in his right knee and be out indefinitely, dealing a harsh blow to the Oklahoma City Thunder's championship chances.

General manager Sam Presti said Friday that the Thunder had not yet scheduled Westbrook's surgery and would not have an accurate timeline for his return until after the procedure was done. No one would rule out Westbrook's possible return if Oklahoma City keeps advancing in the playoffs, and All-Star teammate Kevin Durant only said his teammates "hope" Westbrook can play again this postseason.

"We're not trying to rush him or bring him back ahead of schedule. We want to make sure he's healthy and his knee is right," Durant said. "That's our only concern with it right now. ... We have to come together as a team and worry about the basketball. All he has to worry about is him getting healthy."

rest - http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2013/story/_/id/9214995/russell-westbrook-oklahoma-city-thunder-knee-surgery

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-26-2013, 02:01 PM
Wow, that really changes the landscape. The Thunder won't be the favorite to come out of the west if he doesn't play.

NightTrainLayne
04-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Skip Bayless thinks it's the best thing to ever happen to OKC.

Thunder up!

I just hope he can make it back as quickly as Artest did. If so, we may be okay. If he can't we'll be in trouble.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-26-2013, 04:15 PM

Thunder up!

I just hope he can make it back as quickly as Artest did. If so, we may be okay. If he can't we'll be in trouble.

What reasons did Bayless give for this being the best thing that ever happened to OKC?

MOtorboat
04-26-2013, 09:35 PM

Thunder up!

Bayless is an idiot. You know that...

NightTrainLayne
04-26-2013, 09:38 PM
What reasons did Bayless give for this being the best thing that ever happened to OKC?

For the last two years Bayless has complained that Westbrook takes too many shots to the detriment of the team (to the detriment of Durant). I was being facetious, and yes MO, I know Bayless is an idiot, but he's a homegrown idiot, and I really like his brother's cooking.

MOtorboat
04-26-2013, 09:41 PM
For the last two years Bayless has complained that Westbrook takes too many shots to the detriment of the team (to the detriment of Durant). I was being facetious, and yes MO, I know Bayless is an idiot, but he's a homegrown idiot, and I really like his brother's cooking.

In the past, when Westbrook went down you had Hardin. That's no longer the case, so they don't really have a facilitator. I can't see it being anything but a huge negative.

NightTrainLayne
04-26-2013, 09:42 PM
In the past, when Westbrook went down you had Hardin. That's no longer the case, so they don't really have a facilitator. I can't see it being anything but a huge negative.

In the past Westbrook never went down. Never. Longest active streak of starts ends tomorrow night.

MOtorboat
04-26-2013, 09:44 PM
In the past Westbrook never went down. Never. Longest active streak of starts ends tomorrow night.

My bad. I thought he missed some games from an injury last year.

Who am I thinking of...?

NightTrainLayne
04-26-2013, 09:54 PM
My bad. I thought he missed some games from an injury last year.

Who am I thinking of...?

I don't know. The Thunder have been pretty blessed in the injury dept the past few years.

MOtorboat
04-26-2013, 09:57 PM
I don't know. The Thunder have been pretty blessed in the injury dept the past few years.

I don't know...but...

I think the point still stands. Without Westbrook, OKC doesn't really have a point. Durant and Martin are more off the ball. Who's playing point now?

NightTrainLayne
04-26-2013, 10:02 PM
I don't know...but...

I think the point still stands. Without Westbrook, OKC doesn't really have a point. Durant and Martin are more off the ball. Who's playing point now?

Reggie Jacskon. He's grown a bunch this year, but he can't replace Westbrook completely. It really sucks.

MOtorboat
04-26-2013, 10:05 PM
Reggie Jacskon. He's grown a bunch this year, but he can't replace Westbrook completely. It really sucks.

If not Nuggets, I really wanted Thunder, so, yeah...

Denver Native (Carol)
04-27-2013, 03:27 PM
Vic Lombardi ‏@VicLombardi

RT @toryswish: Westbrook is here in vail..do you want me to kick his a**?? Hajaja--->>>feel bad for him. out for the playoffs

Slick
04-27-2013, 03:35 PM
Rick Bayless is Skip's brother? Huh, I never put that together. He's a damn good chef. I always liked his show, Mexico, One Plate at a time. He love s the Yucatecan stuff. He's in Merida a lot. That's where they're going to send me come transplant time.

MOtorboat
04-27-2013, 03:40 PM
Rick Bayless is Skip's brother? Huh, I never put that together. He's a damn good chef. I always liked his show, Mexico, One Plate at a time. He love s the Yucatecan stuff. He's in Merida a lot. That's where they're going to send me come transplant time.

I had no idea either, even when NTL said he liked his brother's cooking...I watch him all the time on PBS.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-27-2013, 05:28 PM
HOUSTON (AP) -- The Oklahoma City Thunder says All-Star point guard Russell Westbrook is out for the remainder of the NBA playoffs after undergoing knee surgery on Saturday.

The team said in a statement Saturday that the surgery to repair a lateral meniscus tear in Westbrook's right knee was successful and that a timetable for his return will be determined during the offseason.

rest - http://www.nba.com/2013/news/04/27/thunder-westbrook-surgery.ap/index.html