PDA

View Full Version : Bradshaw could be Denver backup RB plan

Denver Native (Carol)
04-26-2013, 01:36 PM
Former Giants running back Ahmad Bradshaw has been cleared to play after going through a foot injury. Denver reportedly has had some interest in him. The Broncos could take a running back as early as the second round Friday night in the NFL draft.

If Alabama running back Eddie Lacy somehow falls to No. 58, Denver may take him. If not, there are other targets in the second and third rounds for Denver. If the Broncos don’t fill the need, Bradshaw could come into play.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/57671/bradshaw-could-be-backup-rb-plan-in-denver

Lancane
04-26-2013, 01:43 PM
I'd rather take the sixth option in the draft. Bradshaw is not a bad running back, but he is just as much an injury risk as those already on the roster and without the youth of a draftee.

CoachChaz
04-26-2013, 01:49 PM
With this year's crop of backs...I'd have to say Lacy is the only one I would consider taking ahead of Bradshaw...even with the injuries. But I think GB scoops him up

shank
04-26-2013, 01:51 PM
i like bradshaw and think he could be a very useful weapon in our rotation. bring him in to compete with a rookie (lots of good options) and our current crop and let the chips fall where they may.

rationalfan
04-26-2013, 02:19 PM
i'm not an expert on bradshaw or the RBs in this draft, but i have to believe bradshaw would be more trustworthy in pass protection than most rookies.

VonDoom
04-26-2013, 02:47 PM
At this point, I want Michael or Taylor in the draft. But I have no problem with bringing in Bradshaw as a veteran presence. If healthy (and I know, that's a big if), he's a great power back and could really help us out.

Lancane
04-26-2013, 02:50 PM
At this point, I want Michael or Taylor in the draft. But I have no problem with bringing in Bradshaw as a veteran presence. If healthy (and I know, that's a big if), he's a great power back and could really help us out.

I would be fine with this, but Denver is likely to go one way over the other...so I would rather have Ball, Michael, Taylor, Joseph or Lacy.

skins_fan82
04-26-2013, 03:01 PM
stay far far away. he's always hurt, and in general the guy is a jerk

VonDoom
04-26-2013, 03:21 PM
I would be fine with this, but Denver is likely to go one way over the other...so I would rather have Ball, Michael, Taylor, Joseph or Lacy.

Yeah, fair enough. If it had to be one or the other, I'd obviously rather have someone from the draft. Maybe we'll find out which way they're leaning tonight.

pipes
04-26-2013, 06:56 PM
If Denver wants him, it'll be a little easier with Pittsburgh signing and drafting RB's today.

ShaneFalco
04-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Another has been super old running back. wtf denver.

pipes
04-26-2013, 07:31 PM
If Denver wants him, it'll be a little easier with Pittsburgh signing and drafting RB's today.

Meh...never mind.
Welcome Montee!!