John Jenkins
Larry Warford
Darius Slay
Keenan Allen
LeVeon Bell
Sio Moore
Justin Hunter
etc. etc. etc.

This is where the strength of this draft lies. The Broncos are going to get a heck of a player at 2(28). Remember that the Browns used their 2nd rounder in the supplemental draft, and the Saints forfeited thiers in BountyGate so the Broncos will actually have the 26th pick in the 2nd. The 2nd and 3rd round should yield a couple of good players and possible starters. The QB's should start coming off of the board in the first half of the 2nd which will push some players down further as well. Can't wait for tonight.

elsid13
04-26-2013, 08:30 AM
Lots of talent on the board. I kinda would Hunter in this offense, another weapon for Manning.

Northman
04-26-2013, 09:38 AM
I would take any of these guys out of that list,

Eddie Lacy
Kevin Minter
Kawaan Short
Tank Carradine
Alex Okafor
Darius Slay

olathebroncofan
04-26-2013, 09:43 AM
Is there a scenario where we trade up using next year's picks and still keep our 2nd this year?

I would like a Def end and corner now.

Thoughts

Buff
04-26-2013, 09:46 AM
Is there a scenario where we trade up using next year's picks and still keep our 2nd this year?

I would like a Def end and corner now.

Thoughts

I think we should trade next year's first for a second this year and then draft an undersized DB.

Jsteve01
04-26-2013, 09:56 AM
Good call mcd I mean buff. No amerson on that list? I love him

Jsteve01
04-26-2013, 10:02 AM
whose list is this zig? are they listed by ranking?

aulaza
04-26-2013, 10:04 AM
Could Carradine or Damontre Moore fall to our pick? Either of them I think would be great.

Chef Zambini
04-26-2013, 10:09 AM
Just guessing, but...
I think teo, lacy and 2 QBs will come off the board in the first 10 picks and all may be inplimented via a trade.
the jets and cards should address their QB needs !

Lancane
04-26-2013, 10:32 AM
The talking heads around the NFL said last night and this morning that they could see Te'o fall further, that teams could start targeting team needs in the second round. I am not sure I buy it, but it's a theory at least.

LTC Pain
04-26-2013, 10:34 AM
We need a DE, CB and maybe a Safety in rounds 2-4.

Skinny
04-26-2013, 10:43 AM
The talking heads around the NFL said last night and this morning that they could see Te'o fall further, that teams could start targeting team needs in the second round. I am not sure I buy it, but it's a theory at least.I wouldn't be suprised to see Minter and Bostic go before Teo. Not that it will happen, just wouldn't be shocked.

Lancane
04-26-2013, 10:43 AM
We need a DE, CB and maybe a Safety in rounds 2-4.

I think Denver is going to go DE, RB, SS and then possibly CB.

Ravage!!!
04-26-2013, 10:44 AM
I'd like to see Teo in Denver. I like his smarts. He's a leader that understands the game of football and is great game study. He won't fall, but would love to have him. FANTASTIC value in the second round.

But DE is important as well.

TXBRONC
04-26-2013, 10:56 AM
I think we should draft Teo and move him to safety.

LTC Pain
04-26-2013, 10:59 AM
For what it's worth, PFT has Margus Hunt mocked to the Broncos in the 2nd round.

Lancane
04-26-2013, 11:01 AM
For what it's worth, PFT has Margus Hunt mocked to the Broncos in the 2nd round.

I could see that and would be fine with it.

aulaza
04-26-2013, 11:15 AM
I could see that and would be fine with it.

Are you ok with him in our 4-3?

Lancane
04-26-2013, 11:18 AM
Are you ok with him in our 4-3?

I think that Carradine, Hunt, Okafor and Montgomery are the four most likely to find success in a 4-3 that will be available in the second round...so yeah, I think he'd do well.

CoachChaz
04-26-2013, 11:23 AM
I'm going to avoid the love for Hunt

aulaza
04-26-2013, 11:23 AM
I think that Carradine, Hunt, Okafor and Montgomery are the four most likely to find success in a 4-3 that will be available in the second round...so yeah, I think he'd do well.

Looking at the board at the teams picking, I think at least 1 of those 4 should be there, if not 2 or even 3. Of all of them, I like Carradine the best but I think he may well go first. Also, I think a 3-4 team (of which there are many picking before us) may like Hunt as a fit for them. I would expect Montgomery to be there, would not be surprised if Okafor was there too. What about Moore?

underrated29
04-26-2013, 11:25 AM
I really want DJ swearinger and Christine michael, but if damontre moore is there I think we have to take him. And Cyprien is rated higher. But montee ball is a badass as well. ARggghhhhh.

I like the sly pick but I really wanted more 2nd and 3rd picks.

Sadly, I think the broncos are going to take Duke williams at S out of Nevada later on in the draft. Which means that Jamar taylor, Manitee'o, minter, or carrodine/moore/hunt/ and bell are likely our pick.

underrated29
04-26-2013, 11:27 AM
I'm going to avoid the love for Hunt

Hes a 3 year project at best- weve been terrible at developing DEs in general- I know this is a new regime. Plus, by the time he is set he will be 30 years old. Guy has no form whatsoever. He is all athleticism and wont be the beast he was in college going against guys with proper form. I do not want him until 3rd at the earliest. Too much time to develop- we already used a 2nd on a develop player last year. We need starters this year.

GEM
04-26-2013, 11:28 AM
I think we should draft Teo and move him to safety.

I think TIGHT END would be a better fit....

aulaza
04-26-2013, 11:31 AM
This second round looks really strong. I would not have minded trading down at all, having said that I like the Sly pick. i know Buffalo are taking heat for their pick but they're going to get some serious players with their two selections coming up.

Either way I think we can get our hands on a high quality guy with this next pick. Whether it's DE, CB, LB, S or even RB I think there will be guys there @ 58 who will contribute to this team.

CoachChaz
04-26-2013, 11:32 AM
Hes a 3 year project at best- weve been terrible at developing DEs in general- I know this is a new regime. Plus, by the time he is set he will be 30 years old. Guy has no form whatsoever. He is all athleticism and wont be the beast he was in college going against guys with proper form. I do not want him until 3rd at the earliest. Too much time to develop- we already used a 2nd on a develop player last year. We need starters this year.

Absolutely. Hunt is a good athlete...not a good DE prospect

Lancane
04-26-2013, 11:34 AM
Looking at the board at the teams picking, I think at least 1 of those 4 should be there, if not 2 or even 3. Of all of them, I like Carradine the best but I think he may well go first. Also, I think a 3-4 team (of which there are many picking before us) may like Hunt as a fit for them. I would expect Montgomery to be there, would not be surprised if Okafor was there too. What about Moore?

Moore is a relatively unknown, I could see him going early or falling but the same could be said for a number of players. The second and third round is going to be stacked with talent, so Denver really can take who they feel is the best fit in my honest opinion. I don't really care for Coach's dislike of Hunt, especially given his love of Carradine, but to each their own. I would consider landing anyone of those ends at this point as a success, whether it's Carradine, Montgomery, Okafor or Hunt.

I see Bell and Ball falling possibly into the third, depending on what happens with Lacy, Franklin and Bernard. That means that Denver could likely stand pat and land Michael or Taylor, even maybe Ball in the third round.

Lancane
04-26-2013, 11:44 AM
Absolutely. Hunt is a good athlete...not a good DE prospect

I would agree with this assessment, but Chris Long was once a defensive player and turned into a first round offensive lineman...these kids are all athletes, I am not saying he is more of a set position player compared to an athlete, but while you may stick to your guns...you'd be damn pissed if we overlooked him and he went to New England or New York and turned into a beast. Not like I can not see your argument though, I think he needs a year to develop in rotation, but the same can be said for almost any kid at this point, unless you think they're going to be world beaters from the start?

CoachChaz
04-26-2013, 11:49 AM
I just dont think we have the luxury of drafting a DE that is going to need a few years to develop.

Lancane
04-26-2013, 11:55 AM
I just dont think we have the luxury of drafting a DE that is going to need a few years to develop.

But, that again could be said for Montgomery, Okafor, Moore, Carradine, Washington, Lemonier, etc. Coach. There was no guarantee that Werner wouldn't have needed to develop in a rotational system himself, is there? When you draft a kid, you hope your assessment of his level is spot on, but sometimes you simply (as a coach) put that time and effort into a kid for them to reach their potential...this is what I mean by the laziness of coaching staffs today, they want these kids to be Abraham, Rice, Elway, Peterson, Long, Bailey, etc. from day one, that isn't always going to happen...not with the lingo, speed, talent differential of the pros'. I would say only 15% of any draft has plug and play ability, we got that with Williams in round one, possibly and would have with Lacy, but Werner or someone else like Carradine or Moore? We have no clue, the Broncos are real lucky that a talent of Sly's caliber fell into their laps.

tubby
04-26-2013, 11:56 AM
I think we should trade next year's first for a second this year and then draft an undersized DB.

Do you have a #1 grade on Jamar Taylor?

elsid13
04-26-2013, 12:02 PM
But, that again could be said for Montgomery, Okafor, Moore, Carradine, Washington, Lemonier, etc. Coach. There was no guarantee that Werner wouldn't have needed to develop in a rotational system himself, is there? When you draft a kid, you hope your assessment of his level is spot on, but sometimes you simply (as a coach) put that time and effort into a kid for them to reach their potential...this is what I mean by the laziness of coaching staffs today, they want these kids to be Abraham, Rice, Elway, Peterson, Long, Bailey, etc. from day one, that isn't always going to happen...not with the lingo, speed, talent differential of the pros'. I would say only 15% of any draft has plug and play ability, we got that with Williams in round one, possibly and would have with Lacy, but Werner or someone else like Carradine or Moore? We have no clue, the Broncos are real lucky that a talent of Sly's caliber fell into their laps.

By the time their second contract come around, most of them will be enter their peak NFL physical years, Hunt is in his now.

tubby
04-26-2013, 12:06 PM
According to this we won't have to trade next years #1 like Buff wants. Taylor falls to #58

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000164042/article/secondround-mock-draft-matt-barkley-geno-smith-picked-early?campaign=Twitter_writers_brooks

BeefStew25
04-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Do you have a #1 grade on Jamar Taylor?

No he has an F- on our former coach.

Lancane
04-26-2013, 12:17 PM
By the time their second contract come around, most of them will be enter their peak NFL physical years, Hunt is in his now.

Yet, I saw a good number on this board making arguments for Weeden in last years draft? What about Mike Anderson? He was 26 years old when Denver drafted him. Or let's see, how old is Freeney, Abraham or Seymour?... Just saying.

Traveler
04-26-2013, 12:20 PM
If Taylor & Moore are available when Denver selects, who would you take?

tubby
04-26-2013, 12:20 PM

Best player available.

Ziggy
04-26-2013, 02:06 PM
whose list is this zig? are they listed by ranking?

Just a list off of the top of my head, and not ranked.

TXBRONC
04-26-2013, 03:52 PM

Moore hands down.

Jsteve01
04-26-2013, 04:06 PM
Moore hands down.

Not Me. I'd nab Taylor. I really don't like Moore that much. I also would like to add that Fox has groomed DE's almost as well as the Giants staff has groomed the position over the last few years. You can take a little more of a project with the group we have in place.

Traveler
04-26-2013, 04:09 PM
Moore hands down.

Damontre or Sio?

Traveler
04-26-2013, 04:23 PM
I'd like to see a DE in the second. CB in the third. Some might think it crazy, but MLB can wait till the forth round IMO. I read a scouting report that John Simon can make transition to MLB. I'd be down with that. Williams , Knighton, Vickerson, and Wolfe would keep the LB's clean. Let guys like Von, Simon, and Woodyard naturally flow to the ball.

Still would like to see Damontre Moore become a Bronco. Sign Abraham or Freeney to cap friendly contracy for a year or two, when they realize they won't get the money they want. Let Moore learn hone his skills and add the required weight while learning from JA or DF.

TXBRONC
04-26-2013, 04:44 PM

Moore hands down.

TXBRONC
04-26-2013, 04:48 PM
Damontre or Sio?

Damontre.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2013, 06:28 PM
Lots of good names left.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-26-2013, 06:38 PM
Now minter gone too...really want the mizzou olb. But de is huge need