PDA

View Full Version : The anti-anti-pessimists

sneakers
09-01-2009, 01:45 AM
In the words of Mark McGwire:

I'm not here to talk about the past. I'm here to be positive about this subject.

Although there are not many posts in the Broncos Talk forum made by me that are not dripping with sarcasm or have me cracking wise, this may just be one of them.

As much as it may be a shock to some people here, we are not going to go 0-16. Nor are we going to get Jay Cutler or Mike Shanahan back...(unless you are a believer in theoretical mulitiverses, where anything and everything can and will happen).

So knowing that, how does assigning blame to what has happened or choosing a scape goat fix things? Will dwelling upon it night and day change the situation one single bit? Will endlessly denoucing the childish actions of a suspended wide receiver make him show up and play? (you don't have to answer retorical questions)

If you are really unhappy, then root for a different team, you are allowed to do that...or as many here have done you can accept things as they are, and go foreward rooting for the team instead of one player. But if you don't want to, feel free to pick another player on the team to cheer for, there are plenty of greats ones to choose from.

There are plenty of things to be excited about. For the first time in a while it looks like we may have a defense that can pressure the QB and thereby creating turnovers.

Our offensive line is the envy of the league and we have young talent in our skill positions that will serve us well for years.

Also remember we have installed in a new offense and a new defensive system, things just aint going to be running perfectly after the 3rd preseason game. Give it some time.

That's all.

NameUsedBefore
09-01-2009, 01:58 AM
Fact: Dwelling on the past and present will affect the future.

Shazam!
09-01-2009, 01:59 AM
Awesome post Sneaky.

LoyalSoldier
09-01-2009, 02:29 AM
Well for starters you could always tell some of the people to stop dragging Cutler into the discussion every time someone says something bad about Orton. A few in particular have a nasty habit of this.

And I might add to stop calling people less of a fan for being mad about their favorite team.

SoCalImport
09-01-2009, 04:07 AM
Fact: Dwelling on the past and present will affect the future.

Consideration of the past, while taking ACTION (which can only happen in the present) will effect the future.

"Dwelling" in the past, by it's self, does nothing constructive.

FanInAZ
09-01-2009, 04:10 AM
Consideration of the past, while taking ACTION (which can only happen in the present) will effect the future.

I was going to respond to NUBs post, but you beat me to it. I couldn't have said it better myself.

NameUsedBefore
09-01-2009, 09:44 AM

Actions come pre-packaged once things are considered long enough.

The point is people say to forgive and forget with McDaniels but that is not how this business works. Screw ups are kept on tab, not stored away because we are supposed to be lenient. If you think the anger of fans can't affect the game you haven't been paying attention, IMO.

girler
09-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Flashing my boobs and swearing drunkenly in my living room will have major affect on the past AND future of my football team, and you cannot convince me otherwise, Sneakers. :censored: