PDA

View Full Version : Crowder gets his wish

BigBroncLove
11-20-2007, 08:05 PM
Well before the Titans MNF game Crowder had talked a little earlier in the week about how he wanted to hit Vince Young being former teammates and never getting the chance to since obviously you don't lay down sacks on your own QB in practice. Here's what he had to say on the matter....

http://www.timescall.com/sports_story.asp?ID=4662

BRACING FOR YOUNG: There may not be a player on the Broncos defense more excited to face skilled Tennessee quarterback Vince Young than defensive end Tim Crowder.

The rookie was a teammate of Young's for three years at the University of Texas, and they won the BCS national title together in 2005.

"I always told him in practice I wished I could play him in a game," Crowder said. "I never got to that point (of hitting him), because in practice I couldn't hit him. Now, I get to hit him."

Crowder got his first two NFL sacks last Sunday and would love to add to that total this week. He knows it won't be easy, though. Young has speed, and has grown as a player since 2005.

"I know his moves, but it's different when you're playing someone in a game," Crowder said.

So he got his wish and layed a great sack on Young that had him for a huge loss (even though they were able to get a first down two plays later). Crowder has been becoming a bigger role player every gmae it seems and is really starting to come into his own. I think many of us knew he could make the leap, but its nice to see it happening now several weeks after Moss's injury. :beer: Cheers to Crowder for grabbing the sack he was looking for :beer: .

champbronc2
11-20-2007, 10:11 PM
Well good for him! :D

pnbronco
11-21-2007, 12:32 AM
Glad he got his wish. Mecklenburg said he always wanted to hit Elway, but never got his wish.

Astrass
11-21-2007, 03:52 PM
I think he was playing DT on that play too.....another good sign.