PDA

View Full Version : KC fresh outta RB's

kcvet
11-20-2007, 07:51 PM
got this from a local sports show. word is P Holmes has re-injured his cervical spine (neck) again. he was taken out of sundays game and was wobbly while coming off. he's now back to seeing all the 'ologist' again. so hes probalably won't play. maybe never again. and with LJ mystery ankle that just about does it. we will have to go with the rookie RB this week against the faider.. ill post more when I know more.

KCL
11-20-2007, 08:00 PM
Thanks vet...I was afraid this would happen.I hope its not true.

kcvet
11-20-2007, 09:08 PM
Thanks vet...I was afraid this would happen.I hope its not true.

here's an update on LJ...............well, sorta

story (story)

underrated29
11-20-2007, 09:11 PM
yes plese update asap.

i got priest as one of my ff rbs i got to start this week, if not i need to dump him for kolby before someone else picks him up.

kcvet
11-20-2007, 09:29 PM
yes plese update asap.

i got priest as one of my ff rbs i got to start this week, if not i need to dump him for kolby before someone else picks him up.

update. Herm Edwards will suit up and start at RB. word is he'll break a leg, go on IR, we get and interim HC and go the playoffs. you heard it here first

KCL
11-20-2007, 09:51 PM
update. Herm Edwards will suit up and start at RB. word is he'll break a leg, go on IR, we get and interim HC and go the playoffs. you heard it here first

:laugh::laugh:

BaiLeY324
11-20-2007, 10:48 PM
Kolby Smith is nice.

Jody
11-20-2007, 10:54 PM
got this from a local sports show. word is P Holmes has re-injured his cervical spine (neck) again. he was taken out of sundays game and was wobbly while coming off. he's now back to seeing all the 'ologist' again. so hes probalably won't play. maybe never again. and with LJ mystery ankle that just about does it. we will have to go with the rookie RB this week against the faider.. ill post more when I know more.

It's always discouraging when you lose players, but I feel sorry for P Holmes not being able to play again....it would be 'foolish' on his part to risk any further damage to his neck (spine) on football. I do wish him well.

Poet
11-20-2007, 11:57 PM
It's always discouraging when you lose players, but I feel sorry for P Holmes not being able to play again....it would be 'foolish' on his part to risk any further damage to his neck (spine) on football. I do wish him well.

If I where him I would keep playing. I mean how many people can play NFL football even for a single day? I don't think I could ever give it up.

Escobar
11-21-2007, 02:20 AM
If I where him I would keep playing. I mean how many people can play NFL football even for a single day? I don't think I could ever give it up.

yea your right......and live the rest of your life in a wheel chair.....that rocks!

omac
11-21-2007, 08:04 AM
yea your right......and live the rest of your life in a wheel chair.....that rocks!

I'm just glad he didn't get a more serious injury; he can still walk away and enjoy life outside of football, and with all the money he's made in football.

SR
11-21-2007, 08:10 AM

Good thing you're not him them.

I always liked Priest and his running style (just like TD). It's a shame to see him go, but he's got to put his health before anything else.

kcvet
11-21-2007, 09:43 AM
so why did he come back???? 'I had a dream'. thats right. he had a dream he could come back and play. we're all entitled to chase those dreams. now it may have turned into a nightmare. and we may never know because he keeps his health a secret to.
I was shocked to see him back on the field this year. and I thought, I sure hope he knows what he's doing. neurosurgeons can do only so much on brain and spinal injuries. but they cleared him to play.

BTY has anyone heard about Trent Green???? I assume he's on the IR. wonder if he's gonna try and come back???? he's another one that needs his head examined. no pun intended.

WTE
11-21-2007, 11:38 AM
Is there any talk about bringing Corey Dillon to KC for a look?

Medford Bronco
11-21-2007, 11:42 AM
Is there any talk about bringing Corey Dillon to KC for a look?

He cant be any worse than the backups they currently have.

with Herm he will run him into the ground as well, like he did with LJ
and using Priest this much is very risky. I love Preist but
there is more to life than football, like health

Just a small dots take from Boston

underrated29
11-21-2007, 12:10 PM
THE raiders are supposedly going to be realeaseing jordan here very soon, maybe the chefs will grab him. But he does have a broken back. We would send you mike bell for jared allen, but i think the trade deadline has passed:Biggrin:

kcvet
11-21-2007, 12:25 PM
Holmes may announce his retirement today.

topscribe
11-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Personally, I hope Priest retires, not in the Broncos' interest but in his own.

He is a class act. I would not wish being crippled on anybody, let alone him.

-----

KCL
11-21-2007, 02:27 PM
Just saw Priest announce his retirement.He said that last hit during
the Colts game,he was having the same feelings as he did before and
knew it was his time.

He is such a humble classy person.LJ could learn alot from him in that
area.

I was so thrilled to see him on the field the last couple of weeks.He
needs to take care of himself.

I will miss him like alot of KC fans will and other teams fans.Here is something I will miss seeing him do.

Diving over the pile for the TD.

http://images.art.com/images/products/large/12122000/12122306.jpg

OB
11-21-2007, 02:33 PM
:salute::salute: To an awesome RB and a great person - more guys in the NFL need to take lessons from men like him

Im glad he is putting his health and family first, another show of an intelligent caring human being

Best of luck in your retirement years PH :2thumbs:

Medford Bronco
11-21-2007, 02:39 PM
Just saw Priest announce his retirement.He said that last hit during
the Colts game,he was having the same feelings as he did before and
knew it was his time.

He is such a humble classy person.LJ could learn alot from him in that
area.

I was so thrilled to see him on the field the last couple of weeks.He
needs to take care of himself.

I will miss him like alot of KC fans will and other teams fans.Here is something I will miss seeing him do.

Diving over the pile for the TD.

http://images.art.com/images/products/large/12122000/12122306.jpg

Good luck to Priest KCL :salute:

If LJ had even one half of Priest class then he would have a lot

At least you got to see him play a few more games this year
as it was totally unexptected for him to come back ever from
this

take care to priest and well wishes to a great group of fans :salute:

kcvet
11-21-2007, 04:43 PM
its now offical. he's retired.

story (story)

QUOTES BY PRIEST HOLMES:

"The biggest thing I've noticed is how well they move left to right, from sideline to sideline, in helping me get to the perimeter.'' -- On his offensive line

"Anything you would like to achieve that's going to be great, there's always a price to pay. I grew up watching Tony Dorsett, and I never saw him complain about the number of touches he had. It's just a matter of going in there and doing your job." -- On playing the game

"It's like winning a rushing championship. It's something they can't take away from you. It's probably the last thing I think about. It's just a matter of priorities, and right now that isn't a priority." -- On being a candidate for the 2002 MVP Award

"I've said before, as far as individual goals and accomplishments, you really can't look at those until the end of the season. There's too much at stake, there's too many more games to play. As far as an accomplishment like that, I really don't pay attention to it because there's nothing I can do about it right now." -- On his 2002 performance

"It’s just a matter of going to work. Each year, as a running back, you have something that you want to focus on a little bit more. Last year it was just a matter of getting into the offense, working the rushing yards and working the offenses and tying in with the offensive line. This year it has changed up in that we are very disciplined about scoring in the Red Zone and that’s the biggest number we needed to improve as far as winning some games this year." -- On team's improvement between 2001 and 2002

QUOTES ON PRIEST HOLMES:

"He will be used, but not abused. Besides, there are very few running backs who've ever complained about getting the ball too much."
-- **** Vermeil (Chiefs head coach), on whether Priest Holmes is feeling the burden of carrying the ball on 48 percent of Kansas City's offensive plays in 2002

"When you block for Priest, if you hit your guy he can make something happen on every play. Priest is something special. It's interesting that he wasn't drafted. Teams spend millions of dollars every year to find the quote-unquote right guy."
-- John Tait, Chiefs right offensive tackle

"We studied film all week on him, and we kept saying, 'Find Priest Holmes. Find him. Find him. If he's your guy, hug him.' But for three and a half quarters, we didn't do that. That little guy was all over the place." -- Rod Woodson, Raiders safety

"Obviously, Priest is our superstar. We make no bones about it. But he doesn't act like it. He's always there at meetings. He's always on time to practice. A lot of superstars, they think they're better than that." -- Tony Richardson, Chiefs fullback

http://www.priestholmes.com/

Denver Native (Carol)
11-21-2007, 04:48 PM
I :salute: Priest - class act

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80464feb&template=with-video&confirm=true

Three-time Pro Bowl running back Holmes retires from NFL

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Priest Holmes retired on Wednesday, ending a short comeback hailed as one of the most improbable in NFL history.

The 34-year-old three-time Pro Bowl running back said he experienced "symptoms" during last Sunday's game in Indianapolis similar to those he felt more than two years ago when head and neck injuries forced him to leave the game for 22 months.

He refused to be specific. Holmes did mention during a series of answers that paralysis had been a possibility if he kept playing.

Asked to explain what symptoms he felt, Holmes was evasive.

"Much of that is, I guess you could say, in the past," he said. "Just to know the symptoms were similar to the ones before. But to be technical, to go into medical terms, I wouldn't feel comfortable."

Chiefs president Carl Peterson appeared with Holmes and his three young sons at a news conference, saying Holmes had an agreement with the club that he would alert the Chiefs the moment he felt any danger of recurring injury to the head or neck.

"That was our agreement," Peterson said, "that if that ever happens, to whatever degree, we needed to know about it. And he adhered to that and was great about it."

Holmes was out of football for nearly two years, but showed up in the Chiefs' training camp in July saying he had seen himself in a dream playing football.

Working hard to get back in shape, he started the last two games in place of Larry Johnson, who will be out again this week with a foot injury. Kolby Smith, a rookie who has only a few carries this year, will likely start for the Chiefs (4-6) against Oakland.

The team announced Holmes' retirement in a statement before the planned news conference.

Holmes is the Chiefs' all-time rushing leader with 6,070 yards and accumulated 8,172 yards rushing in 11 seasons with Baltimore and Kansas City.

"I have truly been blessed with the opportunity to play in the National Football League," he said. "I will be forever grateful to the Hunt family and the Chiefs organization for the opportunity to come to Kansas City, where the community embraced me from Day 1."

Holmes was the 2002 Offensive Player of the Year after rushing for 1,615 yards in just 14 games in 2002. In 2003, he set a then-NFL record with 27 touchdowns. The mark has since been broken twice.

After taking himself out of the game last Sunday against the Colts in the third quarter, Holmes went back in for a few plays.

"As much as we try to do everything we could to prepare me, there's just one thing that seems like we couldn't technically prepare for," Holmes said.

"Now that we've seen that, now that I've had some symptoms, there's nothing really the helmet can do to provide that protection and to allow me to do my job effectively. And we all know this is a business of performance.

"I believe that by having this opportunity for a younger player or even a newer player to come in and provide that production, that's definitely needed for the Kansas City Chiefs at any position."

KCL
11-21-2007, 05:53 PM
its now offical. he's retired.

story (story)

QUOTES BY PRIEST HOLMES:

"The biggest thing I've noticed is how well they move left to right, from sideline to sideline, in helping me get to the perimeter.'' -- On his offensive line

"Anything you would like to achieve that's going to be great, there's always a price to pay. I grew up watching Tony Dorsett, and I never saw him complain about the number of touches he had. It's just a matter of going in there and doing your job." -- On playing the game

"It's like winning a rushing championship. It's something they can't take away from you. It's probably the last thing I think about. It's just a matter of priorities, and right now that isn't a priority." -- On being a candidate for the 2002 MVP Award

"I've said before, as far as individual goals and accomplishments, you really can't look at those until the end of the season. There's too much at stake, there's too many more games to play. As far as an accomplishment like that, I really don't pay attention to it because there's nothing I can do about it right now." -- On his 2002 performance

"It’s just a matter of going to work. Each year, as a running back, you have something that you want to focus on a little bit more. Last year it was just a matter of getting into the offense, working the rushing yards and working the offenses and tying in with the offensive line. This year it has changed up in that we are very disciplined about scoring in the Red Zone and that’s the biggest number we needed to improve as far as winning some games this year." -- On team's improvement between 2001 and 2002

QUOTES ON PRIEST HOLMES:

"He will be used, but not abused. Besides, there are very few running backs who've ever complained about getting the ball too much."
-- **** Vermeil (Chiefs head coach), on whether Priest Holmes is feeling the burden of carrying the ball on 48 percent of Kansas City's offensive plays in 2002

"When you block for Priest, if you hit your guy he can make something happen on every play. Priest is something special. It's interesting that he wasn't drafted. Teams spend millions of dollars every year to find the quote-unquote right guy."
-- John Tait, Chiefs right offensive tackle

"We studied film all week on him, and we kept saying, 'Find Priest Holmes. Find him. Find him. If he's your guy, hug him.' But for three and a half quarters, we didn't do that. That little guy was all over the place." -- Rod Woodson, Raiders safety

"Obviously, Priest is our superstar. We make no bones about it. But he doesn't act like it. He's always there at meetings. He's always on time to practice. A lot of superstars, they think they're better than that." -- Tony Richardson, Chiefs fullback

http://www.priestholmes.com/

Great quotes vet...Thanks for posting. And the part about him going undrafted..hard to believe.I think I am gonna cry...: (