PDA

View Full Version : Orlando Franklin had eye surgery, pretty interesting how they did it.

GEM
04-25-2013, 09:36 AM
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/04/24/denver-broncos-offensive-tackle-eye-surgery/#.UXia0LFusC4.twitter

DENVER (CBS4) – A Denver Broncos player has a brand new outlook now that he won’t lose sight of the ball. Offensive tackle Orlando Franklin will never lose his contacts on the playing field again.

Franklin, 25, says despite his record on the field he relies on his corrective lenses to see clearly.

His eyesight was so bad that he couldn't have lasik surgery, so they did a different surgery which lifts the iris of his eyes and embeds contact lenses into the eye permanently. Apparently, he is almost completely blind without lenses. He lost a lens in a game during the Tebow era and it sidelines him, can't play at all.

Pretty cool and it doesn't sound like it stops him from much but some heavy lifting and hot tubs.

NightTrainLayne
04-25-2013, 09:55 AM
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2013/04/24/denver-broncos-offensive-tackle-eye-surgery/#.UXia0LFusC4.twitter

His eyesight was so bad that he couldn't have lasik surgery, so they did a different surgery which lifts the iris of his eyes and embeds contact lenses into the eye permanently. Apparently, he is almost completely blind without lenses. He lost a lens in a game during the Tebow era and it sidelines him, can't play at all.

Pretty cool and it doesn't sound like it stops him from much but some heavy lifting and hot tubs.

An offensive tackle that can't do heavy lifting? Surely I'm not the only person who "sees" a problem with this.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-25-2013, 09:58 AM
An offensive tackle that can't do heavy lifting? Surely I'm not the only person who "sees" a problem with this.

I'm not worried about it. He doesn't need to be lifting max weight to get and maintain strength.

GEM
04-25-2013, 10:04 AM

I think it is just a short amount of time early in the offseason. I would guess he'll be back to normal rotation shortly. Probably just need to wait for the incisions on his eyes to heal completely so he doesn't re-open the would and cause damage to the surgical area.

NightTrainLayne
04-25-2013, 10:59 AM
i think it is just a short amount of time early in the offseason. I would guess he'll be back to normal rotation shortly. Probably just need to wait for the incisions on his eyes to heal completely so he doesn't re-open the would and cause damage to the surgical area.

:ntl:

LTC Pain
04-25-2013, 11:00 AM
Did the surgery correct that goofy Monte Python look he has? :):):)

Davii
04-25-2013, 11:44 AM
I hope not. His kind of lazy eye adds a lot to his look. He looks mean.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgzzBMF0w1UJxC4gzX1TZsdElbIwNQZ Kmg5xKi3oR8Ump8uSX1ow

GEM
04-25-2013, 12:31 PM
:ntl:

Oh....was that supposed to be funny?

:D

BeefStew25
04-25-2013, 12:53 PM
I loved him in the movie Friday.

chazoe60
04-25-2013, 01:15 PM
I hope he still has the crazy googly eyes.

LTC Pain
04-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Maybe Franklin thinks he's blocking two guys with is eyes like that! :salute:

TXBRONC
04-25-2013, 04:08 PM
I've known several people who have had eye surgery like this and everyone of them was told not to do any heavy lifting for several weeks.