PDA

View Full Version : Coming soon to a theater near you: China's Communist Party.

ShaneFalco
04-24-2013, 02:46 AM
http://movies.yahoo.com/news/hollywood-yielding-chinas-growing-film-clout-055319402.html

From demanding changes in plot lines that denigrate the Chinese leadership, to dampening lurid depictions of sex and violence, Beijing is having increasing success in pressuring Hollywood into deleting movie content Beijing finds objectionable.

It's even getting American studios to sanction alternative versions of films specially tailored for Chinese audiences, like "Iron Man 3," which debuts in theaters around the world later this week. The Chinese version features local heartthrob Fan Bingbing — absent from the version showing abroad — and lengthy clips of Chinese scenery that local audiences love.

Timmy!
04-24-2013, 06:26 AM
Well its not like we owe them umpteen billion dollars or something.

underrated29
04-24-2013, 09:46 AM
I'm headed over there soon. I will flex some muscle and show em what's up.

MOtorboat
04-24-2013, 10:07 AM
Can't blame movie companies for tapping a massive demographic.

But what's funny to me is Iron Man 3 even set in China? I want to know what the nature of the China scenery is. Is it just randomly inserted, or what?

Army Bronco
04-24-2013, 12:54 PM
The Chinese are the biggest culprits in movie pirating.

NightTrainLayne
04-24-2013, 12:58 PM
The Chinese are the biggest culprits in movie pirating.

This is, I surmise, the Studio's biggest reason for making these concessions. I'm sure they are expecting a crackdown on illegally pirated movies in exchange.

chazoe60
04-24-2013, 01:23 PM
This is, I surmise, the Studio's biggest reason for making these concessions. I'm sure they are expecting a crackdown on illegally pirated movies in exchange.
China will add that to it's gigantic list of crimes punishable by death. Hey, we always need more kidneys, it's a win-win.

Army Bronco
04-24-2013, 05:05 PM
China will add that to it's gigantic list of crimes punishable by death. Hey, we always need more kidneys, it's a win-win. As long as they export the cooks who make sweet and sour chicken to the US,I'm good.

ShaneFalco
04-24-2013, 10:51 PM
why do you think Red Dawn was changed from China to NKorea? Chinese Censors.

Chinese government deciding what comes out in films in America, and you guys dont see the problem with that?

Army Bronco
04-24-2013, 10:57 PM

Chinese government deciding what comes out in films in America, and you guys don't see the problem with that? I did know that. I was initially bothered by it then I really didn't care cause it was N. Korea who we are technically at war with. But I do think we need to grab our nuts as a country and stand IP to this stuff and any UN resolution which will try to affect our rights as US citizens.

NightTrainLayne
04-26-2013, 11:33 AM

Chinese government deciding what comes out in films in America, and you guys dont see the problem with that?

Are you claiming that our Government forced the movie studio to change the plot?

I would have a problem with that.

But that's not what I understand happened. The movie studio can do whatever they want. If they want to cater to China, more power to them. That might have negative affects here, but it's their decision.