PDA

View Full Version : please up-date me on rod smith ????

broncos9697
11-20-2007, 03:51 PM
I last I knew rod smith was to be back 2 weeks ago where is he at...will he play this season at all...

BroncoAV06
11-20-2007, 04:07 PM
Did you watch the game last night? They interviewed him.
He is on the IR.
Just watch for stories, check the Broncos site, has a list of the IR/PUP etc.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-20-2007, 04:07 PM
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2007/nov/09/speeding-rehab-is-too-much-for-smith/

Speeding rehab is too much for Smith
Lee Rasizer, Rocky Mountain News
Friday, November 9, 2007

ENGLEWOOD - Broncos receiver Rod Smith opened up some Thursday about landing on injured reserve and his murky future after his vigorous but ultimately failed comeback attempt from hip surgery.

Smith, Denver's all-time leading receiver in several categories, had avoided discussing his situation the past week for fear of becoming a distraction and putting selfish motives above his struggling team.

He made a statement but didn't field any questions.

"It's kind of tough for me right now knowing last week I wasn't going to get to finish the season as far as getting a chance to play," he said Thursday. "But I have to be realistic. I took something that was realistically a 12-month injury and tried to make it (back in) 8 1/2, 9.

"It was a grind, and I was basically tearing my body up trying to do it. Everybody did what they could to try and help me get back."

Smith's role now becomes part-time coach and full-time motivator. He already has worked with Taylor Jacobs and Glenn Martinez on their receiving skills.

"I'm still a part of this football team no matter what," Smith noted. "I'm going to be here every day . . . out there at every practice and every football game and help facilitate in any way I can, interpret defenses and help our players and let them know about winning football."

As for Smith's playing future beyond 2007, he was noncommittal.

"I'm not worried about it. As far as next year, I'm not worried about it," he said. "I just want to get through this football season and actually get comfortable with my body, because right now I still have discomfort in my hip.

" . . . If nothing else, I want to be able to live a normal life, whether I play football again or not."

omac
11-20-2007, 04:22 PM
Those reporters can ask the hard questions. Rod didn't look too comfortable being asked about whether he was going to retire after this season. It looked like the question really brought him down when he was otherwise pretty up.

Stargazer
11-21-2007, 02:33 AM
I think he's done in Denver.

:salute: