PDA

View Full Version : All in all, I think Cutler looked amazing....

Dr Velcro
08-31-2009, 12:30 PM
Lying underneath Elvis last night.

:salute:

Nature Boy
08-31-2009, 12:33 PM
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53140

Nature Boy
08-31-2009, 12:34 PM

Before or after the late hit/personal foul penalty?

claymore
I thought the one late hit was good. I want to see a littl e meanness in my defense.

NightTrainLayne

Yes.

Buff
08-31-2009, 12:37 PM
I thought I was over Cutler, but seeing him was like seeing your ex-girlfriend with their new man. It doesn't help that we look like we're in complete shambles. No healthy RB's, no healthy QB's, a star WR who wants out...

I'm depressed. Clay, Link and MtnMan: I'm sorry.

Traveler
08-31-2009, 12:38 PM
Cutler did look pretty good last night. Now that he has a defense and special teams behind him the sky is the limit.

claymore
08-31-2009, 12:42 PM
I thought I was over Cutler, but seeing him was like seeing your ex-girlfriend with their new man. It doesn't help that we look like we're in complete shambles. No healthy RB's, no healthy QB's, a star WR who wants out...

I love you Buff. :internethug:

Dr Velcro
08-31-2009, 12:43 PM
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53140

Yes....Bears fan...go home.

Put your big girl panties on and deal. It will get better.

Cutler did look pretty good last night. Now that he has a defense and special teams behind him the sky is the limit.

Shooosh!

Cutler is a loud mouth gimp. IMO, he's a bigger jerk than Rivers. At least Rivers makes no attempts to hide it.

He's unprofessional, as is Marshall and I'll be glad when you guys get rid of all drama and get back to some real professional football.

Bring on the rookies. They'd LOVE to have the jobs.

LT, sorry you have to find out this way.

Nature Boy
08-31-2009, 12:45 PM

And looking better than ever.

Nature Boy
08-31-2009, 12:47 PM
Yes....Bears fan...go home.

Put your big girl panties on and deal. It will get better.

Shooosh!

Cutler is a loud mouth gimp. IMO, he's a bigger jerk than Rivers. At least Rivers makes no attempts to hide it.

He's unprofessional, as is Marshall and I'll be glad when you guys get rid of all drama and get back to some real professional football.

Bring on the rookies. They'd LOVE to have the jobs.

LT, sorry you have to find out this way.

And when is that gonna happen? In the next decade?

Poet
08-31-2009, 12:47 PM
When Cutler's good he's good and when he's bad he's bad. I figured I would point this out to stop Buff from hanging himself.

Oh, Buff, when you see your ex-girlfriend with her man all you gotta do is think "I wonder how my kids taste, oh wait he knows."

/thread.

Dr Velcro
08-31-2009, 12:49 PM
And when is that gonna happen? In the next decade?

Within three years till a Bronco sees a SB.

Three years.

Nature Boy
08-31-2009, 12:52 PM
Within three years till a Bronco sees a SB.

Three years.

Before or after McDanials is tossed out of town by his teeth?

claymore
08-31-2009, 12:53 PM
When Cutler's good he's good and when he's bad he's bad. I figured I would point this out to stop Buff from hanging himself.

Oh, Buff, when you see your ex-girlfriend with her man all you gotta do is think "I wonder how my kids taste, oh wait he knows."

/thread.

:vomit:

Requiem / The Dagda
08-31-2009, 12:53 PM
Nuclear Apocalypse is more likely to happen in three years than the Broncos sniffing the Super Bowl.

claymore
08-31-2009, 12:56 PM
Nuclear Apocalypse is more likely to happen in three years than the Broncos sniffing the Super Bowl.

End of the Mayan calendar. At least we dont have Jays salary cap hit before the apocolypse. :werd:

Ravage!!!
08-31-2009, 12:56 PM
So far.. I think Cutler is appearing to be much more professional than those that attempt to bring him down. THe name calling on here is much more childish than anything Cutler has done. The way McDaniels refuses to accept and admit there were mistakes made on both sides, is more childish/immature than the way Cutler has handled himself.

Immature people have a tendency to make mistakes and then GROW from those mistakes. They eventually learn from them. Cutler has learned from his mistakes. He's matured before our eyes (unfortunately for another team). Marshall has NOT matured and continues to show that he's not going to grow up soon. McDaniels hasn't shown that he's willing to admit that he did make mistakes....and thats a sign of immaturity. Teenage boys never feel they were wrong, either.

Simple Jaded
08-31-2009, 01:07 PM
"I'll be glad when you guys get rid of all drama and get back to some real professional football."

Got news for ya, the Drama started when they hired a petty, vindictive Pre-teen for a head coach, the real, professional football will commence once he goes up.

As Dave Kreiger said "If you're expecting the 25-year-old player to be the mature one you've got the human dynamic backwards", Josh McDaniels is every bit as immature as the player that can't play for him, and that player has played him like a chump.

This defense has improved, imo, I fully expect a 11-5 or 12-4 out of this Head Coach, he's supposed to be that good. We'll see won't we?.......

Requiem / The Dagda
08-31-2009, 01:08 PM
Link, stop trashing McDaniels. You know we've discussed him in private and hands down you love the guy.

Dr Velcro
08-31-2009, 01:10 PM
So far.. I think Cutler is appearing to be much more professional than those that attempt to bring him down. THe name calling on here is much more childish than anything Cutler has done. The way McDaniels refuses to accept and admit there were mistakes made on both sides, is more childish/immature than the way Cutler has handled himself.

Immature people have a tendency to make mistakes and then GROW from those mistakes. They eventually learn from them. Cutler has learned from his mistakes. He's matured before our eyes (unfortunately for another team). Marshall has NOT matured and continues to show that he's not going to grow up soon. McDaniels hasn't shown that he's willing to admit that he did make mistakes....and thats a sign of immaturity. Teenage boys never feel they were wrong, either.

Anything positive that Cutler has displayed has been nothing more than LOVIE SMITH behind the wheel. He's still a punk & I hope Lovie has made a good change in him.

Lovie Smith is a professional football coach & a great man. God love him for all he does in dirty Chicago.

Ravage!!!
08-31-2009, 01:24 PM
Anything positive that Cutler has displayed has been nothing more than LOVIE SMITH behind the wheel. He's still a punk & I hope Lovie has made a good change in him.

Lovie Smith is a professional football coach & a great man. God love him for all he does in dirty Chicago.

I guess that could be said for any positive role-model or mentor. Thats what they do.... they rub off on people and shape them. That could be said for coaches, Teachers, and Parents.

So I would say that the things positive coming from Cutler are signs of maturing...learning...and exihibiting those life lessons.

GEM
08-31-2009, 01:24 PM

Ummmmm...you have seen that McDaniels gets called just as many stupid names, right? It depends on what side of the argument you are on, but both sides have been immature idjits about the whole thing. And to put it plainly....most of the people talking about the matter have acted the same way, myself included at times.

Simple Jaded
08-31-2009, 01:29 PM
Link, stop trashing McDaniels. You know we've discussed him in private and hands down you love the guy.

His mayo is sweeter than most, and that's what curls my toes.......

Ravage!!!
08-31-2009, 01:34 PM
Ummmmm...you have seen that McDaniels gets called just as many stupid names, right? It depends on what side of the argument you are on, but both sides have been immature idjits about the whole thing. And to put it plainly....most of the people talking about the matter have acted the same way, myself included at times.

Absolutely Ive seen McDaniels be called the names. I don't agree with that either, and feel it shows the same lack of maturity. I think we know I've made my feelings clear on McDaniels, but still type out his real name.

I'm just saying... that from the most RECENT interviews with both McDaniels and Cutler... Cutler is coming across as the most mature. He's not bashing McDaniels at all, and has done nothing but compliment him, Orton, and McDaniel's system. McDaniels, on the other hand still only refers to Cutler as "the player" or "the QB" and refuses to admit/say that he made ANY mistakes whatsoever.

That only bothers me because I would prefer to see our COACH have a more mature attitude. I think it was a lot of HIS immaturity that brought about the problems to begin with, but certainly was a lot of his immaturity that didn't end the problems. I'm not saying Cutler wasn't immature in the least. I'm saying that I would expect our HC to be the more mature person, and as of RIGHT NOW.... thats not whats being shown. Whether you believe Cutler's remarks are 'fake' or whatevers..... saying something fake to the media is still the more mature action than still claiming you didn't do anything wrong, and wouldn't change anything you did. To me, that kind of attitude shows that McDaniels sees himself as mistake proof, always in the right, and unable to lean.

That part of his personality may very well be why we have a SECOND player disgruntled over the last few months (although I know Marshall is much more immature than all the rest) and hasn't come to SOME sort of resolution... somewhere, somehow..... something.

Italianmobstr7
08-31-2009, 01:58 PM
It was a little rough seeing Cutler playing for a different team. But Im a Broncos fan and he is a Bear now. He dissed Broncos fans openly and be didn't care enough about our team to return calls to our owner. I'm glad he got a little roughed up whether legally or illegally. Also, he didn't look that "great" like some of you are saying. Until the 98 yard drive he was getting his ass handed to him. Then he realized Greg Olsen could catch. He's a great talent but he's not surrounded by great talent like he was. I do wish he was still a Bronco, but he's not. It's time to get behind your team or get off the bandwagon. Go BRONCOS!

Northman
08-31-2009, 03:27 PM
It was a little rough seeing Cutler playing for a different team. But Im a Broncos fan and he is a Bear now. He dissed Broncos fans openly and be didn't care enough about our team to return calls to our owner. I'm glad he got a little roughed up whether legally or illegally. Also, he didn't look that "great" like some of you are saying. Until the 98 yard drive he was getting his ass handed to him. Then he realized Greg Olsen could catch. He's a great talent but he's not surrounded by great talent like he was. I do wish he was still a Bronco, but he's not. It's time to get behind your team or get off the bandwagon. Go BRONCOS!

Why support your team when you can complain 24-7? :lol:

Simple Jaded
08-31-2009, 04:20 PM
Why support your team when you can complain 24-7? :lol:

Actually, I'm a member of the Whiny Trolls Union, 24-7 is out of the question.

I'm not getting off any bandwagon, I was a Broncos fan long before this whirlpool of Bullshit, and I'll be a Broncos fan long after it's over, but I have no intention of "getting behind" the moves this team is making.......

Poet
08-31-2009, 04:29 PM

I'm not getting off any bandwagon, I was a Broncos fan long before this whirlpool of Bullshit, and I'll be a Broncos fan long after it's over, but I have no intention of "getting behind" the moves this team is making.......

Which is a very fine point. You can definitely think that losing Cutler sucks, that McDaniels was a bad hire or became a bad hire, think that Bowlen is insane and question the team's draft picks while being a diehard fan.

I'm a die hard Bengals fan and believe me there are some fans of my team that think if you don't fall in line with everything Mike Brown does that you're a bad fan.

It doesn't work that way at all.

Northman
08-31-2009, 04:31 PM

:lol:

Thats awesome. Whiney Trolls Union.

However, i dont think anyone has said you cant be unhappy about the moves. But the moves have been made and its time to move on and support the players and team. You guys spend so much energy complaining that it just becomes silly after a while. Like ive said, hate the coach all you want but dont take it out on the players who are actually here playing for YOU and I. And most certainly it isnt anyone's fault on this forum for the transactions that have taken place so why bitch and moan about something you have no control over? Im going to watch this team through its up and downs like ive done a hundred times before and root for them no matter what. Getting yourself worked up and complaining about it here or anywhere else will do you no good or anyone else any good.

NameUsedBefore
08-31-2009, 04:43 PM
I don't think it's time to move on when the guys making the deals are still on the team.

They are accountable for their actions and since they're on the Broncos payroll they are totally open for criticism.

Afterall what did people say about Shanahan when he left?

About time! Damn all those Daryl Gardeners, Gerrard Warrens, George Fosters...

Northman
08-31-2009, 04:46 PM
I don't think it's time to move on when the guys making the deals are still on the team.

They are accountable for their actions and since they're on the Broncos payroll they are totally open for criticism.

Afterall what did people say about Shanahan when he left?

About time! Damn all those Daryl Gardeners, Gerrard Warrens, George Fosters...

I havent seen anyone still talking about Shanahan. Initially yes. But after a couple of months we dont hear about it anymore from the pro shannys or the anti-shannys. Its been 5 or so months since Jay was traded. I think you can let go now chief.

NameUsedBefore
08-31-2009, 04:47 PM
I was talking in past tense.

Superchop 7
08-31-2009, 04:53 PM
There is a great article in ESPN the magazine on Cutler and Belichick this month.

What was the score at the end of the first half ?

I said it before, I'll say it again.

Any new coach that runs a franchise QB out of town is an idiot.

pnbronco
08-31-2009, 05:08 PM

However, i dont think anyone has said you cant be unhappy about the moves. But the moves have been made and its time to move on and support the players and team. You guys spend so much energy complaining that it just becomes silly after a while. Life ive said, hate the coach all you want but dont take it out on the players who are actually here playing for YOU and I. And most certainly it isnt anyone's fault on this forum for the transactions that have taken place so why bitch and moan about something you have no control over? Im going to watch this team through its up and downs like ive done a hundred times before and root for them no matter what. Getting yourself worked up and complaining about it here or anywhere else will do you no good or anyone else any good.

Well said North!!! The decisions have been made. Cutler is a Bear and he's moved on. Do you any of you have a extra billion to buy the team, not me. I don't think Bowlen would sell even if you did. Are any of your jobs depending on how they do, not mine.

Most of us come here because we love the TEAM. We all have our favorite players and that's what makes us individuals. We all think different and that's why this is a forum. No one says we have to all think alike but try exercising some respect to other members of this board.

Buff it was hard to see Jay out there. I do not like Jay the person for my own personal reasons but it was hard to see that talent with somebody else. I did something I have never done in my life, I booo him and it felt good, petty but good, so I'm over it.

I will support the players of the Denver Bronco team. I hate this week, cut days have always hurt because I always get to know the young and old players as people.

Broncos Mtnman
08-31-2009, 05:12 PM

I feel your pain, Buff.

G_Money
08-31-2009, 05:12 PM
Cut week does suck.

Every year there are a coupla bubble guys I'm sorry to see go and a couple of practice-squad guys who don't get to make it onto our PS because other teams snap em up. We'll see how it goes this year.

~G

Simple Jaded
08-31-2009, 05:13 PM

However, i dont think anyone has said you cant be unhappy about the moves. But the moves have been made and its time to move on and support the players and team. You guys spend so much energy complaining that it just becomes silly after a while. Like ive said, hate the coach all you want but dont take it out on the players who are actually here playing for YOU and I. And most certainly it isnt anyone's fault on this forum for the transactions that have taken place so why bitch and moan about something you have no control over? Im going to watch this team through its up and downs like ive done a hundred times before and root for them no matter what. Getting yourself worked up and complaining about it here or anywhere else will do you no good or anyone else any good.

What do ya'll mean by "support"? Just so we're clear on that aspect.

And I hope you're not suggesting that I stop bitching and moaning about something I have no control over for your benefit. Also, you have yet to watch a game with me, I sincerely doubt that you have any idea how I root for the Broncos.

Ya'll just want this to go away like it's no big deal, I can't help ya there, this will go away when McDaniels fixes his F'up, the problem with that is, I think he prefers QB's like Orton where he/his system gets all the credit for their success.......

Ravage!!!
08-31-2009, 05:17 PM
But he'll never think/say/admit he made mistakes! So he must be spot on

Broncos Mtnman
08-31-2009, 05:19 PM
Absolutely Ive seen McDaniels be called the names. I don't agree with that either, and feel it shows the same lack of maturity. I think we know I've made my feelings clear on McDaniels, but still type out his real name.

I'm just saying... that from the most RECENT interviews with both McDaniels and Cutler... Cutler is coming across as the most mature. He's not bashing McDaniels at all, and has done nothing but compliment him, Orton, and McDaniel's system. McDaniels, on the other hand still only refers to Cutler as "the player" or "the QB" and refuses to admit/say that he made ANY mistakes whatsoever.

That only bothers me because I would prefer to see our COACH have a more mature attitude. I think it was a lot of HIS immaturity that brought about the problems to begin with, but certainly was a lot of his immaturity that didn't end the problems. I'm not saying Cutler wasn't immature in the least. I'm saying that I would expect our HC to be the more mature person, and as of RIGHT NOW.... thats not whats being shown. Whether you believe Cutler's remarks are 'fake' or whatevers..... saying something fake to the media is still the more mature action than still claiming you didn't do anything wrong, and wouldn't change anything you did. To me, that kind of attitude shows that McDaniels sees himself as mistake proof, always in the right, and unable to lean.

That part of his personality may very well be why we have a SECOND player disgruntled over the last few months (although I know Marshall is much more immature than all the rest) and hasn't come to SOME sort of resolution... somewhere, somehow..... something.

You're right on, and it was even proved last night.

According to Andrea Kramer, when Cutler was asked if he had to do it over again, would anything be done differently.

Cutler stated that both sides would probably have done things differently.

Mickey said he wouldn't do anything differently. He would do exactly the same thing.

G_Money
08-31-2009, 05:22 PM
To be fair, he might BE spot-on. :cool:

That's what we play the games for, to find out. I can call him out for making a dumb mistake with Cutler, but if Orton wins - like in the playoffs wins - and Ayers and whomever we pick next year work out as starters, then he'll have nothing to apologize for.

Just because I don't see what he sees doesn't mean that he's wrong.

I sure as hell believe he is, but damn do I wanna be wrong about that.

Wouldn't be the first time. :lol:

And the idea would also be that we could use the money we save on the difference between Cutler's 100 million dollar contract and whatever we wind up paying Successful Orton to add more pro-bowl players to the team and become even better.

In theory, I understand it.

I just think the theory is wrong. But he'll get a few years to prove that I'm the guy with the flawed view.

~G

pnbronco
08-31-2009, 05:32 PM
I sure as hell believe he is, but damn do I wanna be wrong about that.

Wouldn't be the first time.

Thanks G, I love reading your posts. Please keep posting I learn so much from you....:salute:

Superchop 7
08-31-2009, 05:44 PM

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

Two words........spurned lover.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2009, 07:08 PM
All in all, I think Cutler looked amazing last night also - New do, clean shaven

MOtorboat
08-31-2009, 07:35 PM
You're right on, and it was even proved last night.

According to Andrea Mitchell, when Cutler was asked if he had to do it over again, would anything be done differently.

Cutler stated that both sides would probably have done things differently.

Mickey said he wouldn't do anything differently. He would do exactly the same thing.

Although I'm sure Andrea Kramer appreciates, once again, you not paying attention...she asked McDaniels "What's the one single thing you've learned from this?" Not "What would you have done differently?"

There's a big difference in those two questions.

Ravage!!!
08-31-2009, 07:38 PM
Although I'm sure Andrea Kramer appreciates, once again, you not paying attention...she asked McDaniels "What's the one single thing you've learned from this?" Not "What would you have done differently?"

There's a big difference in those two questions.

She quoted him as saying that he wouldn't have changed anything from the interview before the game.

She quoted Cutler as saying that he felt both sides probably would have done things differently, and quoted coach McDaniels as saying that he wouldn't do anything different.

broncofaninfla
09-01-2009, 10:40 AM
I was slowly getting over the Cutler trade until I saw him Sunday night. The guy is a stud QB, a far better QB than our dink and dunkers. If we don't get a deep threat incorporated into our offense it is going to be a long regular season. I know it's preseason and we are running a vanilla offense just hope we open up the play calling up in teh regular season and have a QB who can accuratly a deep pass,

Watchthemiddle
09-01-2009, 01:06 PM
I was slowly getting over the Cutler trade until I saw him Sunday night. The guy is a stud QB, a far better QB than our dink and dunkers. If we don't get a deep threat incorporated into our offense it is going to be a long regular season. I know it's preseason and we are running a vanilla offense just hope we open up the play calling up in teh regular season and have a QB who can accuratly a deep pass,

Ya because its best to open up the entire playbook in the preseason. How many deep balls did Cutler throw in that game? NONE. How many deep balls did Farve throw last night? NONE

Too many of you are jumping on the propaganda deep ball bus and think the world is coming to an end because we have been throwing the underneath pass. You don't really get accustomed to a playbook by airing it out down field. Its an involved playbook. Guys flying in all directions and the thing that needs work in the preseason is knowing where those players are at all times and hitting the open one. The completion % - INT % is much less if you keep it in the 10-15 yard range. NOt 30-40 yard range.

Did any of you happen to see CUtlers first deep ball he threw in teh preseason to HEster in their first preseason game? Result = int.

SO its time for all of the bus riders on the propaganda deep ball bus to jump off.

Dean
09-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Ya because its best to open up the entire playbook in the preseason. How many deep balls did Cutler throw in that game? NONE. How many deep balls did Farve throw last night? NONE

Too many of you are jumping on the propaganda deep ball bus and think the world is coming to an end because we have been throwing the underneath pass. You don't really get accustomed to a playbook by airing it out down field. Its an involved playbook. Guys flying in all directions and the thing that needs work in the preseason is knowing where those players are at all times and hitting the open one. The completion % - INT % is much less if you keep it in the 10-15 yard range. NOt 30-40 yard range.

Did any of you happen to see CUtlers first deep ball he threw in teh preseason to HEster in their first preseason game? Result = int.

SO its time for all of the bus riders on the propaganda deep ball bus to jump off.

Did you see his drive just before half time?

Ravage!!!
09-01-2009, 09:32 PM
The first pre-season game? Ohhh yeah... the one where OUR QB threw three INTs with that 10-15 yrd range (actually, with Orton, its more like the 1-5 yrd range).... I remember that game.

MOtorboat
09-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Did you know:

Jay Cutler had more interceptions per attempt than Kyle Orton in 2008...:noidea:

Ravage!!!
09-01-2009, 10:31 PM
wow.. did you know... that doesn't mean much. :noidea:

Seriously.... its silly to keep trying to compare silly stats. Its OBVIOUS to everyone that Cutler is amongst the elite in talent, and Orton is considered a 'career back-up' type talent.

So the nothing stats ... mean nothing in the long run when trying to somehow justify or defend Orton as a QB. The reality is, we will be trying to succeed with a very average talent at QB. We'll try to 'do' with a QB that is has a 37% completion rate at any pass over 10 yrds. One that averages 5.8 yrds per completion. People can try to hide it.. they can try to defend it.. .they can even use silly stats that mean absolutely nothing to try and camouflage it. But the truth still remains.

MOtorboat
09-01-2009, 10:35 PM
wow.. did you know... that doesn't mean much. :noidea:

Seriously.... its silly to keep trying to compare silly stats. Its OBVIOUS to everyone that Cutler is amongst the elite in talent, and Orton is considered a 'career back-up' type talent.

So the nothing stats ... mean nothing in the long run when trying to somehow justify or defend Orton as a QB. The reality is, we will be trying to succeed with a very average talent at QB. We'll try to 'do' with a QB that is has a 37% completion rate at any pass over 10 yrds. One that averages 5.8 yrds per completion. People can try to hide it.. they can try to defend it.. .they can even use silly stats that mean absolutely nothing to try and camouflage it. But the truth still remains.

When Cutler wins games, I will agree with you.

Ravage!!!
09-01-2009, 10:37 PM
When Cutler wins games, I will agree with you.

You already agree, Mo. You may not want to admit it, it may not stick with your anti-cutler, or your pro-Orton, or your anti-anythingthatisntproorton stance right now..... but you agree.

NameUsedBefore
09-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Cutler threw over 600 passes with absolutely no defense to speak of and was one of the leading rushers on the team.

Obviously we should have went 12-4 and deep into the playoffs :rolleyes:

MOtorboat
09-01-2009, 10:41 PM
You already agree, Mo. You may not want to admit it, it may not stick with your anti-cutler, or your pro-Orton, or your anti-anythingthatisntproorton stance right now..... but you agree.

I'm not pro-Orton, and I'm really not anti-Cutler...just pointing out facts...

Fact: Jay Cutler quarterbacked the worst collapse in divisional history. That's not Cutler-hating. That's telling the truth. You can spin it any way you want, but I'd rather wait and see.

I'm not pro-Orton. I'm concerned, but I will wait to condemn him until there's a real, viable reason to condemn him. Until then, I will tell people how stupid it is to say this team won't be any good.

Ravage!!!
09-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Its just pure hope and blind optimism to believe this team will be anything other than poor. The 'viable' reason to condemn him is based purely on his proven time in the NFL. Thats not stat watching, thats play watching... and thats what most people have based their opinion on. That is, when they are not wearing their orange glasses.

We all would like to see the Broncos do well. But if we do, we do it DESPITE having Orton on the team. No matter HOW the Broncos do, we already know we need an upgrade at the QB position.... period. WHEN Orton loses his starting job here, he is looking at a career as a traveling back-up in the NFL, and it doesn't take a crystal ball to see this. We've seen it a thousand times in the NFL with guys just like him.

MOtorboat
09-01-2009, 10:47 PM
Its just pure hope and blind optimism to believe this team will be anything other than poor. The 'viable' reason to condemn him is based purely on his proven time in the NFL. Thats not stat watching, thats play watching... and thats what most people have based their opinion on...whne not wearing their orange glasses.

Chicago had a better record last year than Denver and Orton started 15 games...:noidea:

Ravage!!!
09-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Chicago had a better record last year than Denver and Orton started 15 games...:noidea:

again... :nodiea: .. what does that have to do with the price of rice?? seriously... the Bears gave up 3 games of over 30 points... we gave up NINE. Please tell me that doesn't have anything to do with it. Pretty sure Chicago didn't have seven RBs go on IR.

:coffee:

MOtorboat
09-01-2009, 11:02 PM
again... :nodiea: .. what does that have to do with the price of rice?? seriously... the Bears gave up 3 games of over 30 points... we gave up NINE. Please tell me that doesn't have anything to do with it. Pretty sure Chicago didn't have seven RBs go on IR.

:coffee:

So, the onus is on the defense. I don't know why we're debating over quarterbacks? :noidea:

NameUsedBefore
09-01-2009, 11:05 PM
Well...

Fact: Jay Cutler quarterbacked the worst collapse in divisional history. That's not Cutler-hating. That's telling the truth. You can spin it any way you want, but I'd rather wait and see.

MOtorboat
09-01-2009, 11:09 PM
Well...

Well, what?