PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall: Bmore not quite interested as you might think

Northman
08-31-2009, 11:07 AM
Was just listening to one of the talk shows this morning and they were taking a lot of emails and phone calls about the possible interest in Brandon. However, 90% of those emails and calls were about not wanting or needing Marshall. To some extent it surprised me but at the same time the reasons they gave were much like a few of us have been saying all along. Ironically, most of the negativity was for his latest incidents on the field and lack of teamwork. The Bmore fans were just hammering him and the overall sentiment by the broadcasters was that Marshall's stock has dropped significantly. I think some have been fooling themselves into thinking that teams will just drop their panties to get a hold of him. Sure didnt get that sentiment from here in Bmore.

claymore
08-31-2009, 11:13 AM
Was just listening to one of the talk shows this morning and they were taking a lot of emails and phone calls about the possible interest in Brandon. However, 90% of those emails and calls were about not wanting or needing Marshall. To some extent it surprised me but at the same time the reasons they gave were much like a few of us have been saying all along. Ironically, most of the negativity was for his latest incidents on the field and lack of teamwork. The Bmore fans were just hammering him and the overall sentiment by the broadcasters was that Marshall's stock has dropped significantly. I think some have been fooling themselves into thinking that teams will just drop their panties to get a hold of him. Sure didnt get that sentiment from here in Bmore.

It just means they dont want to give the Broncos as much as they would have. Maybe not anything. Marshall will play for another team, and will make more. It might be a couple years though, and the Broncos may not get anything other than a couple years of bad play and lots of back sass.

Lancane
Maybe Marshall is just sick of fans who are quick to abandon the athletes of their team and openly accept the idiocy of an inept head coach. I would feel much the same, free agency and more accepted trades have ruined the game!

Dortoh

I dont blame them at all. If I were a fan of another team I would not want my team to give up more then a 5th or something equal to get Brandon. Why take on his baggage and future salary.

Northman
08-31-2009, 11:18 AM
Maybe Marshall is just sick of fans who are quick to abandon the athletes of their team and openly accept the idiocy of an inept head coach. I would feel much the same, free agency and more accepted trades have ruined the game!

Hard to say and depends on the situation i guess. I supported Brandon for quite a while even with his off the field issues but totally disagree with how he has handled this situation. With Jay, i backed him right after the Rivers fiasco as i thought it was low character for Rivers to behave that way. However, as time went on i started to notice a trend with Jay and his immaturity. And when it reared its ugly head after the trade proposal and Jay started to ignore his teammates and lie himself he lost my respect after that. So while the head coach may have some faults of his own it was actually these two guys who were the face of the team and they let their teammates down in a big way. I can totally see why fans would abandon them.

Ravage!!!
08-31-2009, 11:19 AM
I'm a HUGE Brandon Marshall fan, and have been defending him throughout. But there is NO WAY I defend his actions on that practice field.... no way.

He hurt himself, much more so than anything else, and I can't see a fan base truly expressing a 'want' for a guy that acts like that.

GEM
08-31-2009, 11:19 AM
They wouldn't mind taking him, they just don't want to give up the bank to get him.

Northman
08-31-2009, 11:21 AM
They wouldn't mind taking him, they just don't want to give up the bank to get him.

Not by what i was hearing. Like is said, most of them said they would be just fine without him. In fact, one guy was being overly sarcastic saying they already had him in Ray Rice, Todd Heap, and Derrick Mason. :lol:

silkamilkamonico
08-31-2009, 11:47 AM

Great "team play" philosophy in ruining it for every one of your teammates who are buying into the system, trying to work hard, and be the best they can be in their profession, regardless of the head coach.

"I'm unhappy, so I'm going to be a distraction to all my teammates, choose not to do my job in getting the offense down to help my teammates, and choose not to work hard next to my teammates. Me me me me me me me Me Me me me Me Me me!!"

No wonder why no organization in the NFL rates him as high value.

Lancane
08-31-2009, 11:52 AM
Great "team play" philosophy in ruining it for every one of your teammates who are buying into the system, trying to work hard, and be the best they can be in their profession, regardless of the head coach.

"I'm unhappy, so I'm going to be a distraction to all my teammates, choose not to do my job in getting the offense down to help my teammates, and choose not to work hard next to my teammates. Me me me me me me me Me Me me me Me Me me!!"

No wonder why no organization in the NFL rates him as high value.

Not saying I agree with his actions, but I can understand them better then some others may. There is such a thing as loyalty, and McDaniels has shown none, more like insecurity...but Marshall is not handling it correctly either.

silkamilkamonico
08-31-2009, 11:54 AM
Not saying I agree with his actions, but I can understand them better then some others may. There is such a thing as loyalty, and McDaniels has shown none, more like insecurity...but Marshall is not handling it correctly either.

Understand him or not, his prima donna actions and selfish me me me attitude is completely unacceptable. In a professional atmosphere none of the less.

There's a reason why nobody on the team "has his back" on this, and are openly disappointed.

CoachChaz
08-31-2009, 12:01 PM

I was using the bathroom this week and dropped my phone in the toilet.

I expect jjosh to buy me a new one immediately. Afterall...it's his fault

Northman
08-31-2009, 12:12 PM

Emmm, i dont know. I know what your getting at but to be totally honest. McDaniels doesnt really have to be loyal to any players on this team right now except for the ones he put in place. He was brought in to win and if he wants to use his coaches, his players, his schemes, its all going to be done his way and it should be. No coach will go into a head coaching job and not bring in his personnel or try and negotiate deals that can help him achieve his goal. Now, one could argue that Cutler and Marshall are great talents but one could also argue that McDaniels comes from a franchise that doesnt tolerate prima donnas so it would be safe to say that i understand where he is coming from. McDaniels has made no bones about it that anyone on this club is expendable so it wasnt just about Brandon and Jay. Now, if 51 or so other guys can understand that concept than i would at least expect Jay and Brandon too. In the end Shanahan brought in guys like Jay and Brandon and im sure McD would of liked them to have worked out its easy to see he has a low tolerance for BS and whining. I cant say i blame him. It might take a little time to get all the pieces in place that he wants but if the blueprint is what the Pats are than im 100% for it.

powderaddict
08-31-2009, 12:22 PM
He missed OTA's, openly stated well into Training Camp he doesn't know the playbook, is 1 bad decision away from missing 8+ games, and on top of all that pulls his recent stunt in practice - has this guy ever shown he can make a GOOD decision?

And we're surprised other teams not only don't want to pay a king's ransom, but actively don't want this clown?

The Broncos are better with him on the field - MUCH better. But Marshall not being on the field is one persons fault, and his fault only - Brandon Marshall.

I can't believe that some people's blinding hatred for McDaniels is actually causing them to think that it is McDaniels fault, especially with the track record Marshall has :lol: