PDA

View Full Version : Cutler looked goooood

Nature Boy
08-31-2009, 01:05 AM
Jay Cutler looked good out there. He started off a little slow(his 1st drive stalled with a 3 and out due to a catch-able short dropped pass on 3rd down by D. Clark) but finished off strong, making Josh McDanials look like a douche.

On his 98 yard drive, he made several great looking passes mostly down the middle on a rope moving and shifting to his right. Orton would never have been able to make such passes moving like that. His most memorable was the TD past from the 6 to Matt Forte. From the shotgun Cutler had to back peddle and shift right at the same time to short arm(amazing pass) a zinger traveling 15+/- yards that was low and away to the perfect spot away from the defender(Woodyard?) who was in almost perfect coverage but the ball placement was just that much better.

Reason I made this post is because seeing Cutler not in a Broncos uniform made him look even better than when he was a Bronco and that much more scarier now that we will have to line up against him. Maybe a bit of overlooking what you have and wanting what you don't.

Also, physically Cutler looked better in a Bears uniform than he looked in Orange and Blue. Perhaps he spent more time in the gym this offseason? He didn't look much too much smaller than the lineman as I'm guessing Cutler was close to 240lbs as compared to our frail, timid and weak in appearance Orton.

Sorry if this bothers some of you, that's just what I observed from tonight's game and I thought I might share.

LoyalSoldier
08-31-2009, 01:07 AM
Flaming commencing in 3, 2, 1....

Shazam!
08-31-2009, 01:11 AM
Tom Brandstater looked grrrrrreat.

NameUsedBefore
08-31-2009, 01:14 AM
Because Cutler is a Bear, not a Bronco',

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6

sneakers
08-31-2009, 01:15 AM
Shouldn't this be in "other team discussion"? BUt anyway......

http://img.moronail.net/img/8/6/1386.jpg

Nature Boy
08-31-2009, 01:16 AM
Because Cutler is a Bear, not a Bronco',

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6

Shouldn't this be in "other team discussion"? BUt anyway......

http://img.moronail.net/img/8/6/1386.jpg

What, I can't post it here? He did play against us tonight. And I am discussing tonight's game. O I get it, you guys don't want to hear it so it might be moved.

weazel
08-31-2009, 01:17 AM
he looked good on the 98 yard drive, for sure. Other than that, he didnt look all that spectacular. Hester made a great return to give the Bears a freebie.

LordTrychon
08-31-2009, 01:19 AM
You like how players look in other uniforms?

Hmmm.

sneakers
08-31-2009, 01:19 AM
What, I can't post it here? He did play against us tonight. And I am discussing tonight's game. O I get it, you guys don't want to hear it so it might be moved.

I don't care discussing him at all....but knowing the reason why you posted this isn't to discuss the broncos, but rather to carry on your childish vendeta against the broncos.

Nature Boy
08-31-2009, 01:20 AM
The Bears also do not have a WR worth mentioning. TE Olson was clearly his best target.

Nature Boy
08-31-2009, 01:20 AM
I don't care discussing him at all....but knowing the reason why you posted this isn't to discuss the broncos, but rather to carry on your childish vendeta against the broncos.

Not at all, just posting what I observed. If you don't like it, move along please.

frauschieze
08-31-2009, 01:23 AM
If this turns into a Cutler thread, then yes it will be moved. As it stands as long it is about the game tonight, it'll stay.

For now.

Watchthemiddle
08-31-2009, 01:27 AM
If this turns into a Cutler thread, then yes it will be moved. As it stands as long it is about the game tonight, it'll stay.

For now.

Frau, you and I both know this is only here to stir the pot. I like to stir the pot as much as the next guy/gal, but this is out of hand.

Cutler is not a Bronco anymore. Regardless if he played against us tonight or not, this needs to be in the other teams section. Just my opinion.

Tempus Fugit
08-31-2009, 01:28 AM
This is obvious trolling.

Watchthemiddle
08-31-2009, 01:30 AM
Reason I made this post is because seeing Cutler not in a Broncos uniform made him look even better than when he was a Bronco and that much more scarier now that we will have to line up against him.

Oh really...so when is the next time this season, or next, or the season after that when we will line up against him? Unless its in the Super Bowl, you won't be seeing Broncos v Bears again this year or probably years to come. Sorry Charlie, but you might want to invest in Direct TV so you can follow him play by play. Maybe even get some Bears season tickets. Might as well with your stalking ability.

Nature Boy
08-31-2009, 01:32 AM
I especially liked the Bootleg down the middle just over the linebackers with heat for that big gain to Olsen(21 yards I think). It was a page out of Mike Shanahan's playbook.

Nature Boy
08-31-2009, 01:36 AM
Oh really...so when is the next time this season, or next, or the season after that when we will line up against him? Unless its in the Super Bowl, you won't be seeing Broncos v Bears again this year or probably years to come. Sorry Charlie, but you might want to invest in Direct TV so you can follow him play by play. Maybe even get some Bears season tickets. Might as well with your stalking ability.

Do you know what possibly and hypothetically means? He's in a different conference and team but if we are so lucky, we'll have to face him which is most unlikely but eventually we will way down the line. Quite being so knit picky, Nancy.

Nature Boy
08-31-2009, 01:39 AM
Frau, you and I both know this is only here to stir the pot. I like to stir the pot as much as the next guy/gal, but this is out of hand.

Cutler is not a Bronco anymore. Regardless if he played against us tonight or not, this needs to be in the other teams section. Just my opinion.

This is obvious trolling.

No, just don't hi-jack the thread and turn it into one. If you don't like the topic of discussing Cutler's performance against us, move along.

Watchthemiddle
08-31-2009, 01:52 AM
No, just don't hi-jack the thread and turn it into one. If you don't like the topic of discussing Cutler's performance against us, move along.

So are you gonna break down Carson Palmer's performance against us too? How about Rivers? Cassell? How can anyone like talking about an opposing teams QB's performance against us? Unless they threw 4 int's, then what is there to like?

Nature Boy
08-31-2009, 02:01 AM
This forum has become retarded. Cutler was our ex-QB who just embarrassed our new retarded headcoach and I wanna discuss what I saw from him and how he performed against us, particularly our douchebag HC and it gets pushed to a different room because it is not popular. This site is bias and is becoming BroncosFreak II.

Watchthemiddle
08-31-2009, 02:15 AM
This forum has become retarded. Cutler was our ex-QB who just embarrassed our new retarded headcoach and I wanna discuss what I saw from him and how he performed against us, particularly our douchebag HC and it gets pushed to a different room because it is not popular. This site is bias and is becoming BroncosFreak II.

If you don't like it....chicagobears.com, denverbroncos.com...orangemane.com....you have plenty of other places to bash the Broncos at.

If you could actually have an intelligent conversation without bashing the team, organization, head coach, we might take you seriously. But as long as you keep posting like a BOY....you will be treated like one.

LordTrychon
08-31-2009, 02:16 AM
Make that... Chicagobears.com/Orangmane.com.

:D

Nature Boy
08-31-2009, 02:17 AM
So are you gonna break down Carson Palmer's performance against us too? How about Rivers? Cassell? How can anyone like talking about an opposing teams QB's performance against us? Unless they threw 4 int's, then what is there to like?

Did Palmer, Rivers or Cassell just play against us tonight? Was anyone of them a former Broncos of last year that was the centerpiece of a disastrous Broncos off season? You're a tard.

Nature Boy
If you don't like it....chicagobears.com, denverbroncos.com...orangemane.com....you have plenty of other places to bash the Broncos at.

If you could actually have an intelligent conversation without bashing the team, organization, head coach, we might take you seriously. But as long as you keep posting like a BOY....you will be treated like one.

Sure Nancy...

SR
Not at all, just posting what I observed. If you don't like it, move along please.

I think I speak for 80% of the board when I say we'd much rather you move along. TIA.

Nature Boy
08-31-2009, 02:18 AM
I think I speak for 80% of the board when I say we'd much rather you move along. TIA.

Blow me.

SR
08-31-2009, 02:20 AM
Blow me.

After your comment about another dude looking good in a football uniform, I'm sure you'd like a hummer from a man.

Nature Boy
08-31-2009, 02:21 AM
After your comment about another dude looking good in a football uniform, I'm sure you'd like a hummer from a man.

Your mama. This is the smack talk room right?

Watchthemiddle
08-31-2009, 02:22 AM
Nature BOY...your gonna be tired for school in the morning. Better get your sleep. 6th grade just called and wants its sense of humor back.

SR
08-31-2009, 02:25 AM
Your mama. This is the smack talk room right?

Really? A "your mom" comeback? You have a long way to go before you can hang with the big boys.

Overtime
08-31-2009, 02:28 AM
Cutler didn't embarrass us. wtf are you talking about Nature Boy? it's not like he went 29 of 30 for 375 yards, and 4 TD's.

he was 15 of 21 for 144 yards and 1 TD.

his first 2 series were 3 and outs. he was jittery, nervous, and didn't settle down until late in the first quarter. his 3rd series wielded only 3 points by Robbie Gould, and his 4th series ended with another punt.

so out of his first 4 series he only got 3 lousy points. not real great if you ask me.

so I'd really like to see where he just flat out embarrassed us?

overall he was efficient, but looked like the same old Jay Cutler to me. he had some stupid throws that were almost picked, and he had some really great throws. typical, erratic Jay.

Nature Boy
08-31-2009, 02:30 AM
Nature BOY...your gonna be tired for school in the morning. Better get your sleep. 6th grade just called and wants its sense of humor back.

That's your best crack of making a funny to make fun of someone's lack of humor?

WTM, give it a rest man and while your at it, lighten up on that grip you have around Coach Douchebag's nutz.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nature Boy
08-31-2009, 02:37 AM
Cutler didn't embarrass us. wtf are you talking about Nature Boy? it's not like he went 29 of 30 for 375 yards, and 4 TD's.

he was 15 of 21 for 144 yards and 1 TD.

He only played 2 quarters. Double that and he'd put up pro-bowl-est like stats which he would have in a real game.

D. Clark did drop an easy/short 3rd down completion for a 1st in his opening drive. Anyways, you're right, he didn't look good til the final drive but bottom line is, he closed out with a bang and won the 1st battle of Jay vs Coach McDouchebag. In doing so, he's proved that the Broncos got the short end of the stick thanks to Coach McDouchebag.

Overtime
08-31-2009, 02:41 AM
not really. he didn't prove anything really. all he proved was he could be efficient. he didn't win the Super Bowl tonight, he wasn't elected to the Hall of Fame tonight, he didn't win the division, he didn't get the Bears to the playoffs.

He could go out opening week of the Regular Season and shred his knee up, and his career could be over, and he's out of football forever, and McD would still be coaching. then who would have won?

or he can totally be a bust in Chicago and turn into an INT machine, and get boo'd by the Chicago fans.

so really, it was pointless, meaningless, exhibition, and nobody on either side proved jack shit.

Nature Boy
08-31-2009, 02:58 AM
Anyone that knows jack about the NFL knows Pat Bowlen screwed up letting Jay go and most everything else that McDouchebag as done like trading next year's 1st rounder for Alphonso Smith who played like crap tonight in a preseason game.

That 1st rounder the Seahawks will be getting will be a top 5 pick for sure. Mark this post and revisited it.

ursamajor
08-31-2009, 06:30 AM
he looked good on the 98 yard drive, for sure. Other than that, he didnt look all that spectacular. Hester made a great return to give the Bears a freebie.

How did the Bears get a freebie, if the Bears special teams made it happen?

I just dont understand how the Bears gave themselves a freebie.
Devin Hester is a Bear right?

claymore
08-31-2009, 06:33 AM
Orton is worse than I thought he would be. Less accurate, less of a game managing smart QB than I thought he would be. Which isnt saying much.

Orton is a clummsy Jake Plummer. And we will see this year how many of those 8 games Cutler won for us.

Dont know where eelse to put that tidbit of pessimisim.

claymore
08-31-2009, 06:34 AM
How did the Bears get a freebie, if the Bears special teams made it happen?

I just dont understand how the Bears gave themselves a freebie.
Devin Hester is a Bear right?

Hester is a stallion. I cant believe we kicked it to him again.

ursamajor
08-31-2009, 06:39 AM
...looked like the same old Jay Cutler to me. he had some stupid throws that were almost picked, and he had some really great throws. typical, erratic Jay.I didnt see one near pick by Cutler. I saw a near pick by Orton, but am pressed to recall a near pick by Jay.

claymore
08-31-2009, 06:43 AM
I didnt see one near pick by Cutler. I saw a near pick by Orton, but am pressed to recall a near pick by Jay.

There was one that hit a Bronco player in the hands. He looked suprised more than actually trying to make a play. It wasnt very catchable.

OaklandRaider
08-31-2009, 07:16 AM
Jay Cutler embarrassed Josh McDaniels, the fans, the city of Denver,Pat Bowlen. He embarrassed the Denver nuggets, the Colorado Rockies. Everything that is associated with Dungver, he put to shame last night.

That 98 yard drive was a thing of beauty and it highlighted Jay Cutler's growth as a Quarterback. He didn't make any questionable throws, he took what the defense gave him and just out classed the defense.

Cutler will be a top 5 QB in the next 3 years, while Denver will be looking for the next Elway...again.

Overtime
08-31-2009, 09:02 AM
I didnt see one near pick by Cutler. I saw a near pick by Orton, but am pressed to recall a near pick by Jay.

you must not have been watching the game. Goodman almost had an INT, he just couldn't bring it in. But I think it was more surprise than anything that it was coming his way, otherwise if he had been reading Cutler's eye it was a pick 6 for sure.

claymore
08-31-2009, 09:04 AM
Jay Cutler embarrassed Josh McDaniels, the fans, the city of Denver,Pat Bowlen. He embarrassed the Denver nuggets, the Colorado Rockies. Everything that is associated with Dungver, he put to shame last night.

That 98 yard drive was a thing of beauty and it highlighted Jay Cutler's growth as a Quarterback. He didn't make any questionable throws, he took what the defense gave him and just out classed the defense.

Cutler will be a top 5 QB in the next 3 years, while Denver will be looking for the next Elway...again.

Orton embarresed us not Cutler.

Nature Boy
08-31-2009, 11:42 AM

Totally agree. **** Josh McDanials and **** Pat Bowlen aka Al David.

Us real fans are pissed because it happened and we aren't stupid enough to drink that bitter coolaid most you idiots are still snipping in. Watch, by the middle of the season, everyone in BroncoLand will be calling for McDouchebag's head. Then Pat's too.

Ravage!!!
08-31-2009, 12:51 PM
There are going to be a LOT of P.O. fans this year on the MB if this is how upset and petty they get every time Cutler's name is mentioned. Lets get used to it, its a part of this franchise now...... now matter how you may wish it. Cutler's name is going to be synonymous with both Orton's and McDaniel's.

Right now... Cutler is looking like the winner and the Bronco franchise is looking like the BIG losers on this, and THAT is just the reality of it. We can't hide from it, and we can't continue to be pissy every time Cutler's name is mentioned.

McDaniels might want to start realizing the he DID make mistakes, and taking this public "I didn't do anything wrong, and wouldn't change anything I did" approach, is making HIM look to be the more immature of the two. Thats something else we have to accept.

Last night the game was interesting. Cutler faced one of the most hostile crowds you can face. He came out jittery... but who wouldn't?? This experience probably helped him TONS in the long run. The crowd in GB isn't going to seem NEARLY as bad as it was in Denver... and he survived.

Orton, on the other hand (play on words??) didn't.

Devilspawn
08-31-2009, 01:34 PM
Cutler looks good. He ALWAYS looks good. He looks good throwing TDs, he has amazing INTs, his sacks are spectacular and his whining is beyond this universe.

BUT, he may finally have what he's been longing in Vandy and Denver. I have close friends who are Vikings fans and I always have had a soft spot for that franchise (Metropolitan Stadium) so I'll be rooting against Cutler...

but for the sake of chaos here, not so much. :)

Northman
08-31-2009, 03:53 PM
T

McDaniels might want to start realizing the he DID make mistakes, and taking this public "I didn't do anything wrong, and wouldn't change anything I did" approach, is making HIM look to be the more immature of the two. Thats something else we have to accept.

See, thats what i find kind of funny Rav. Ive seen you mention this about 2-3 times in other threads. Why does McDaniels have to admit to a mistake if he truly feels he did nothing wrong? I mean, thats kind of silly. If he fielded offers to see what the price was and what he might get in return to help better his team overall and in the long run why would he have to apologize for anything?

Cutler's initial issue was that McD did it behind his back. Well, in the next meeting McDaniels lays it out there that no one is untouchable if its best for the team. But Jay couldnt deal with that answer either. So why does McD have to apologize if he feels he is doing what is best for the team in general? Just because some people dont like the move doesnt mean that he was in the wrong. He is the coach, he was brought in to win and turn this team around. I dont recall Bowlen saying, "hey, we need to go to the SB this year".

I mean, if the fact that McD addresses him as "the player" is childish than i guess that makes Belichek and Parcells childish too since both of them have used similiar terms with their players and they are much older. But man, if the guy is just trying to look at his options on how to improve the team (even if it means letting go of one good player in the process) and get back to the super bowl i think its all worth it. But im not expecting a championship this year.

Keep in mind, as great as Shanahan was he only got back to the AFCCG once since the last year with Elway. And although Shanahan looked like he was trying to build back up to it he was still a ways away from it. People think, well all we had to do was fix the defense. Well, no. That wasnt all. We had issues at RB, we had issues on defense (major), and we had issues on ST's which means none of that was getting fixed overnight.

Sorry for the rant but at the end of the day McDaniels doesnt owe an apology to Cutler. I mean, despite the fact that Jay has come out and said nice things about McDaniels doesnt constitute as an apology from him. Neither guy went looking for each other after the game so i dont think you can totally write off the bad feelings for each other. But someone who is trying to do everything he can to better this team no matter what cost it might make deserves more respect than what he is getting from some fans here. IMO

Ravage!!!
08-31-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm not going to quote and go line by line.

But if he doesn't think he made mistakes, then he's wrong! :lol:

EVERYONE can see he made mistakes. He made mistakes, and to be assanine enough to simply believe that you had absolutely NO FAULT in anything going wrong with anything during that ENTIRE DEBACLE!?!? Thats just flat out arrogant to the point of being ridiculous.

Of course HE doesn't think he did anything wrong. Thats what I'm saying. He doesn't think he did ANYTHING wrong, thus he is completely mistake free. He's so right, and so IN the right, that he couldn't POSSIBLY have done anything better or more perfect than the way he handled it. He did everything PERFECT, to the point, that he wouldn't change a SINGLE FRIGGIN thing....yeah. Thats mature.

Day1BroncoFan
08-31-2009, 04:28 PM
Why did you leave cutler?

Clay, send this to cutler.

wnaR2K6SKcA

Once again from another thread.

Enjoy.

Reidman
08-31-2009, 06:30 PM
This is funny and proves some people really are blinded by resentment from the trade still...

I still like Cutler....that being said..

I thought he had one good drive the entire time he played, and that came with 5 min left in the 1st half...granted he had some nice throws prior to that but he did not look like pro-bowl QB last night to me. Actually made me a little happy, would have been hard to watch him walk all over us the entire first half...I credit our D for providing some actual pressure...

DenBronx
08-31-2009, 07:53 PM
do we really think a guy that breaks franchise records and throws over 4500 yards, goes to the pro bowl his 2nd full season is going to get worse??? point is jay has only upside to him still and isnt even in his prime yet. he will continue to get better and better each year. imo he is doing tremendous this preseason with no WR's!!! jay makes everyone around him better. sorry...but its true.

YES HE DID EMBARRASS US last night. i fully expected us to win. this was the biggest preseason game in broncos history and we got spanked. jay was poised and handled the booing and pressure like a veteran. alphonso smith, ayers, bowlen, mcd and any of the pea brained bronco fans can join the kiss my ass club as far as im concerned because this is going to set us back 5 years at least.

OaklandRaider
08-31-2009, 11:27 PM
do we really think a guy that breaks franchise records and throws over 4500 yards, goes to the pro bowl his 2nd full season is going to get worse??? point is jay has only upside to him still and isnt even in his prime yet. he will continue to get better and better each year. imo he is doing tremendous this preseason with no WR's!!! jay makes everyone around him better. sorry...but its true.

YES HE DID EMBARRASS US last night. i fully expected us to win. this was the biggest preseason game in broncos history and we got spanked. jay was poised and handled the booing and pressure like a veteran. alphonso smith, ayers, bowlen, mcd and any of the pea brained bronco fans can join the kiss my ass club as far as im concerned because this is going to set us back 5 years at least.

Glad to see you're not sipping the kool-aid. It's refreshing to see a Bronco fan who is not a homer. It's rare.

this is going to set us back 5 years at least.

I think we've pretty much established that Denver is going to suck next season. I'm talking 3-13 suck.

But at least at 3-13 your team would have the opportunity to draft a stud QB like Jevon Snead or Sam Bradford.

BUT WAIT!!!

Josh freaking McDaniels traded your top 5 pick for a friggin' NICKEL CORNERBACK, who got burnt last night by Jay Cutler :lol:

Needless to say, the future is not looking good for you guys.

T.K.O.
09-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Glad to see you're not sipping the kool-aid. It's refreshing to see a Bronco fan who is not a homer. It's rare.

I think we've pretty much established that Denver is going to suck next season. I'm talking 3-13 suck.

But at least at 3-13 your team would have the opportunity to draft a stud QB like Jevon Snead or Sam Bradford.

BUT WAIT!!!

Josh freaking McDaniels traded your top 5 pick for a friggin' NICKEL CORNERBACK, who got burnt last night by Jay Cutler :lol:

Needless to say, the future is not looking good for you guys.

if you go to a raiders mb (where you belong)you would see "non-homer" views by raiderfans.....such as this one

Popular Comment
As usual, the Raiders have talent yet lack cohesiveness. They looked like a high school team. I know it's only preseason and all of these kool aid drinking fans are going to point that out, but I bet you guys the Raiders look the same way in the regular season. I'll bet you. Until Al Davis hires a real GM or a real coach (I don't think he'll ever get a real HC again after how he fired Kiffin...who would want to be the next person to get ripped on the overhead projector? LOL), nothing will change. This team hasn't won 3 straight games since the year they went to the Super Bowl. 2002. That was 7 years ago! The better part of a decade. It's unbelievable. At what point does the league intervene? If they drop a goose egg? 0-16? I'd say the league has to.
-- Gust372

Ravage!!!
09-06-2009, 05:20 PM
with the Sam Bradford injury.. maybe he actuallly FALLS to us now?