PDA

View Full Version : How to get Marshall's Attention

Overtime
08-30-2009, 10:56 PM
Sure McDaniels has already suspended Marshall for the rest of the pre-season, but there is one sure fire way to get Marshall's attention.

and that's grab him by the balls, and let him know who the boss is.

Not literally grab his balls...but you cutoff a man's cash flow, you get his undivided attention really quick.

McDaniels and Bowlen need to get together, and call Marshall in and say this is your options.

1.) You can cut the crap, show up practice hard, play hard, and stay out of trouble, and you'll get your big contract extension at the end of the season, we'll make it our highest priority. You want it, it's up to you to prove it.

or

2.) you can keep up with the shenanigans, and you will find yourself Suspended for the ENTIRE Season for Conduct Detrimental to the team, which means you don't get paid, and your contract doesn't progress to it's completion, because you didn't fulfill the terms.

but whichever option you choose, WE WILL NOT TRADE YOU, we will not accomodate you.

So you can play and get paid this year

or you can sit the hell at home and get nothing, and then we'll do the same thing again next year, and the year after, and the year after that, and your NFL career will be over permanently, because we own the rights to you, and we aren't releasing you, we aren't trading you, we aren't cutting you.

So what's it gonna be? Choice is yours, but you aren't going anywhere.

Asian Sushi 7
08-30-2009, 10:58 PM
Sure McDaniels has already suspended Marshall for the rest of the pre-season, but there is one sure fire way to get Marshall's attention.

and that's grab him by the balls, and let him know who the boss is.

Not literally grab his balls...but you cutoff a man's cash flow, you get his undivided attention really quick.

McDaniels and Bowlen need to get together, and call Marshall in and say this is your options.

1.) You can cut the crap, show up practice hard, play hard, and stay out of trouble, and you'll get your big contract extension at the end of the season, we'll make it our highest priority. You want it, it's up to you to prove it.

or

2.) you can keep up with the shenanigans, and you will find yourself Suspended for the ENTIRE Season for Conduct Detrimental to the team, which means you don't get paid, and your contract doesn't progress to it's completion, because you didn't fulfill the terms.

but whichever option you choose, WE WILL NOT TRADE YOU, we will not accomodate you.

So you can play and get paid this year

or you can sit the hell at home and get nothing, and then we'll do the same thing again next year, and the year after, and the year after that, and your NFL career will be over permanently, because we own the rights to you, and we aren't releasing you, we aren't trading you, we aren't cutting you.

So what's it gonna be? Choice is yours, but you aren't going anywhere.

Thai lawyer from NFL office say only 4 games is most for no money.

Union here in states very good. Not like in orient.

Overtime
08-30-2009, 10:59 PM

in Engrish please?

the Eagles suspended T.O. for 7 games in 2005. Broncos can suspend him as long as they want.

Asian Sushi 7
08-30-2009, 11:01 PM
in Engrish please?

the Eagles suspended T.O. for 7 games in 2005. Broncos can suspend him as long as they want.

rew been changed. 4 games only. you write nice tho

Overtime
08-30-2009, 11:04 PM
well when you post up a link backing up what you're saying, then I'll believe it...until then, I think you're blowing smoke and you don't know what you're talking about.

and your sentence composition and spelling sucks because I can hardly understand what the hell you're saying.

Asian Sushi 7
08-30-2009, 11:06 PM
well when you post up a link backing up what you're saying, then I'll believe it...until then, I think you're blowing smoke and you don't know what you're talking about.

and your sentence composition and spelling sucks because I can hardly understand what the hell you're saying.

TO only gone with no yen 4 games. you not very bright.

Asian Sushi 7
08-30-2009, 11:07 PM
Broncos can't send Marshall home with pay
Posted by Mike Florio on August 28, 2009 8:41 AM ET
Some of you have suggested that the Denver Broncos should take a page from the Jon Gruden/Andy Reid playbook and send disgruntled receiver Brandon Marshall home, with pay.

Gruden did just that with receiver Keyshawn Johnson during the 2003 season, giving Keyshawn an extended vacation after repeated clashes between player and coach.

Two years later, the Eagles followed a four-game unpaid suspension of receiver Terrell Owens with a suspension for the rest of the year, with pay.

Though Keyshawn didn't fight his paid vacation, the grievance filed by Owens included an attempt to force the Eagles either to let Owens back in the building or cut him loose.

The effort failed.

And so, when it was time to work out a new Collective Bargaining Agreement after the 2005 season, the NFL Players Association slipped into the new deal language prohibiting teams from sending players home with pay.

Here's the relevant language from the provision in the current labor contract permitting maximum discipline of a four-game suspension without pay: "This maximum applies without limitation to any deactivation of a player in response to player conduct (other than a deactivation in response to a player's on-field playing ability), and any such deactivation, even with pay, shall be considered discipline subject to the limits set forth in this section. The Non-Injury Grievance Arbitrator's decision in Terrell Owens (Nov. 23, 2005) is thus expressly overruled as to any Club decision to deactivate a player in response to the player's conduct."

So while the Broncos can sit Marshall down for maximum suspensions of four games at a time in response to conduct detrimental to the team, the Broncos cannot pay him to stay out of their hair.

Overtime
08-30-2009, 11:08 PM
Broncos can't send Marshall home with pay
Posted by Mike Florio on August 28, 2009 8:41 AM ET
Some of you have suggested that the Denver Broncos should take a page from the Jon Gruden/Andy Reid playbook and send disgruntled receiver Brandon Marshall home, with pay.

Gruden did just that with receiver Keyshawn Johnson during the 2003 season, giving Keyshawn an extended vacation after repeated clashes between player and coach.

Two years later, the Eagles followed a four-game unpaid suspension of receiver Terrell Owens with a suspension for the rest of the year, with pay.

Though Keyshawn didn't fight his paid vacation, the grievance filed by Owens included an attempt to force the Eagles either to let Owens back in the building or cut him loose.

The effort failed.

And so, when it was time to work out a new Collective Bargaining Agreement after the 2005 season, the NFL Players Association slipped into the new deal language prohibiting teams from sending players home with pay.

Here's the relevant language from the provision in the current labor contract permitting maximum discipline of a four-game suspension without pay: "This maximum applies without limitation to any deactivation of a player in response to player conduct (other than a deactivation in response to a player's on-field playing ability), and any such deactivation, even with pay, shall be considered discipline subject to the limits set forth in this section. The Non-Injury Grievance Arbitrator's decision in Terrell Owens (Nov. 23, 2005) is thus expressly overruled as to any Club decision to deactivate a player in response to the player's conduct."

So while the Broncos can sit Marshall down for maximum suspensions of four games at a time in response to conduct detrimental to the team, the Broncos cannot pay him to stay out of their hair.

ok we're making progress here...slowly...but do you have a link? or did you just make that up?

Krugan
08-30-2009, 11:09 PM
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52051&page=4

Go to that thread, there is a link there, its no BS.

Asian Sushi 7
08-30-2009, 11:10 PM
you probably nice,but no think before you type. momma san issues me think.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/28/broncos-cant-send-marshall-home-with-pay/

Overtime
08-30-2009, 11:11 PM
http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52051&page=4

Go to that thread, there is a link there, its no BS.

well that blows. for some reason I was thinking T.O. was suspended for 7 games for starting his bs in Philly.

but can't we suspend him without pay?

that only concerns suspending him with pay?

Overtime
08-30-2009, 11:12 PM
you probably nice,but no think before you type. momma san issues me think.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/28/broncos-cant-send-marshall-home-with-pay/

me think you illiterate, and not know how type, read, speak, Engrish either. :coffee:

Asian Sushi 7
08-30-2009, 11:12 PM
well that blows. for some reason I was thinking T.O. was suspended for 7 games for starting his bs in Philly.

how you type and not read to know how?

nevcraw
08-30-2009, 11:14 PM

Jack talk thai? Jack talk thai real good..

Krugan
08-30-2009, 11:15 PM

There is something in there about 4 games without pay at a time.

All those will go to appeal, I have no doubt, if they can even get them done to start with. The union has some pretty tight rules on what a team can and cant do.

Asian Sushi 7
08-30-2009, 11:17 PM
There is something in there about 4 games without pay at a time.

All those will go to appeal, I have no doubt, if they can even get them done to start with. The union has some pretty tight rules on what a team can and cant do.

show link too slowtime. he not bright

BroncoTech
08-30-2009, 11:17 PM
It's true the league wants incremental suspensions. 2 games, 4 games like that. If Marshall doesn't grow up and the team has to suspend him again I think the third time the league would step in and make it for the remainder of the season or something.

frauschieze
08-30-2009, 11:25 PM
According to the actual CBA, a player is not allowed to be suspended for conduct detrimental to the team for a period greater than 4 weeks.

Here's the link to the actual pdf of the CBA. It's on pg 35 of the pdf at the bottom of the pg.

http://nflplayers.com/images/fck/NFL%20COLLECTIVE%20BARGAINING%20AGREEMENT%202006%2 0-%202012.pdf

Overtime
08-30-2009, 11:54 PM
man that's a crock. these players have too much leverage and can hold their teams hostage.

how many of us could do that with our jobs? we'd all be fired.

Marshall is a snot nosed little brat. we should send him to Detroit and he can enjoy losing forever.

FanInAZ
08-31-2009, 12:10 AM
me think you illiterate, and not know how type, read, speak, Engrish either. :coffee:

If you look at all this members posting, you might notice that she (or he) never misspells any words. I other words, the broken English bit is fake!

Asian Sushi 7
08-31-2009, 12:23 AM
If you look at all this members posting, you might notice that she (or he) never misspells any words. I other words, the broken English bit is fake!

fake like rent a cop!

FanInAZ
08-31-2009, 12:28 AM
fake like rent a cop!

I've been working as a voluteer with refugees who really do speak broken English for the last 10 years. One thing that none of them know is slang English terms, such as "rent a cop."

sneakers
08-31-2009, 12:30 AM

http://engrishfunny.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/engrish-funny-defecate.jpg

sneakers
08-31-2009, 12:32 AM
fake like rent a cop!

I doubt anyone not well versed in american culture would know what a Rent-a-cop is.....So I am sure it is all an act.