PDA

View Full Version : NBA announces anti-flopping rules for playoffs

Denver Native (Carol)
04-18-2013, 07:18 PM
NEW YORK -- The NBA has set the league's anti-flopping disciplinary schedule to be used during the 2013 Playoffs, NBA Executive Vice President, Basketball Operations Stu Jackson announced today.

"Flopping" is defined as any physical act that appears to have been intended to cause the referees to call a foul on another player. The primary factor in determining whether a player committed a flop is whether his physical reaction to contact with another player is inconsistent with what would reasonably be expected given the force or direction of the contact.

The NBA's anti-flopping rule, adopted at the beginning of the 2012-13 season, had 24 violations during the 2012-13 regular season. Fourteen players received warnings while five players received a $5,000 fine for violating the anti-flopping rule twice.

rest - http://www.nba.com/2013/news/04/18/playoffs-flopping-rules/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

How stupid is this - does any player care if they get fined for a flop????? So, how is this going to make the playoff games better?

MOtorboat
04-18-2013, 07:43 PM
There were 1230 games this season and they called it 24 times.

I wish they'd stop with this stupid charade.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-18-2013, 07:57 PM
There were 1230 games this season and they called it 24 times.

I wish they'd stop with this stupid charade.

If I understand it correctly, they do nothing during the games, and after the games, players receive letters - BIG DEAL