PDA

View Full Version : Champ Bailey sticking at cornerback for Denver Broncos

Dapper Dan
04-17-2013, 05:26 AM
The veteran corner ranked No. 4 in Pro Football Focus' Yards Per Coverage Snaps in 2012, giving up just 0.82 yards on those plays. The analytic website also ranked Bailey and his starting teammate Chris Harris Jr. as the best cornerback duo in the league last season.

Bailey might not be the most fleet of foot anymore, but as he said, he's still got at least one more year before the safety talk should start.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000160640/article/champ-bailey-sticking-at-cornerback-for-denver-broncos?campaign=Twitter_atl

TXBRONC
04-17-2013, 06:26 AM
There goes any chance Denver had at winning the Super Bowl. :tsk:

Chef Zambini
04-17-2013, 01:54 PM
pssst. champ doesnt run the team.

Simple Jaded
04-17-2013, 05:06 PM
pssst. champ doesnt run the team.

Psst, Champ doesn't play S either.

Joel
04-17-2013, 06:26 PM
Champ doesn't run the team, but Elway does, and said they're not even considering a move. Likely wise; moving a first ballot HoFer against his will probably wouldn't end well. I just hope Moore's finally "developed" instead of still "developing." He's not three, guys, he's TWENTY-three.

Dapper Dan
04-17-2013, 06:28 PM
Champ doesn't run the team, but Elway does, and said they're not even considering a move. Likely wise; moving a first ballot HoFer against his will probably wouldn't end well. I just hope Moore's finally "developed" instead of still "developing." He's not three, guys, he's TWENTY-three.

I'm twenty-three. Believe it or not, I still make a few mistakes.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-17-2013, 07:08 PM
Champ Bailey is a season removed from the question. Actually, he is a season, another Pro Bowl trip and a gut-wrenching playoff loss removed.

He is standing in a hallway at Broncos headquarters with the same unflinching assessment of himself, his team and where his 15th NFL season will go.

A season ago, as he gave some thought about 2012 with Peyton Manning at quarterback, Bailey was asked if he would consider a move to safety. And his answer then was "maybe into my 16th season or around there." And he added: "I'm a realist, though. If I see myself on tape and I think it's time to make a move, I'll know it's time to make a move. I'll be the first to see it, I'll be the first to know it. Maybe when I'm 36."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23040647/he-enters-15th-season-champ-bailey-still-looking

shank
04-17-2013, 07:46 PM
:deadhorse:

Joel
04-17-2013, 07:59 PM
I've seen that quote before; when he said he'd know from the tape if he slowed down (I doubt he would even need tape; it's his body) and know it was time to move, he also said he might not bring it up himself, might need to be asked rather than volunteer. It stuck in my mind because I remember thinking, If he's too self-conscious to volunteer and the front office too embarrassed to ask, where will that leave us...?

Not to mention (though I will) it's not just whether he can still play CB, but whether someone else can play CB at or near the same level and he'd be light-years better than our current safeties. Part of what amuses me about this debate is that the same people who insist Champ's so elite in every respect he can play CB forever insist just as strongly "there's no evidence he wouldn't be an awful safety." Because the positions are so radically different a guy who's a HoFer at one would suck at the other, right? :tongue:

Well. Champ says it's not happening and Elway says the same, so there's no point discussing it further till he's 36.

Joel
04-17-2013, 08:16 PM
If you made one like he made last January you'd probably be unemployed, yes? I don't expect perfection, but if I'm to be satisfied despite a gaffe with such serious consequences, it's reasonable to expect it be offset by something at least as positive. I've not seen that from Moore, even after asking his supporters for examples. The argument seems to be "just because he made ONE big mistake doesn't prove he's not good enough to start." That's true as far as it goes, but what has he done that proves he IS good enough to start...?

Dapper Dan
04-17-2013, 08:23 PM
If you made one like he made last January you'd probably be unemployed, yes? I don't expect perfection, but if I'm to be satisfied despite a gaffe with such serious consequences, it's reasonable to expect it be offset by something at least as positive. I've not seen that from Moore, even after asking his supporters for examples. The argument seems to be "just because he made ONE big mistake doesn't prove he's not good enough to start." That's true as far as it goes, but what has he done that proves he IS good enough to start...?

The cameras where I work aren't as high quality.

Timmy!
04-18-2013, 04:59 AM
How the **** do u post a paragraph post in a champ to safety thread at this point? Holy shit

TXBRONC
04-18-2013, 06:55 AM
How the **** do u post a paragraph post in a champ to safety thread at this point? Holy shit

It's Joel's gift and his curse.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
04-18-2013, 09:42 AM
T. Smith might be the fastest guy in the league. Champ does not have elite speed anymore, but he's still pretty fast.

Slick
04-18-2013, 12:13 PM
Screw that. Don't change Morambar. I'll be your ride or die homey.

BroncoNut
04-18-2013, 12:18 PM

that's we sit your ass

BroncoNut
04-18-2013, 12:21 PM
this is bad news.

Joel
04-19-2013, 02:55 PM
The cameras where I work aren't as high quality.
Some would say that just means you're luckier than Moore. Though his accountant probably wouldn't.

Chef Zambini
04-22-2013, 02:15 AM
I satill question the ON FIELD leadership on DEFENSE.

Dapper Dan
04-22-2013, 03:24 AM
I satill question the ON FIELD leadership on DEFENSE.

I don't.