PDA

View Full Version : Brock

Pages : [1] 2

delow
04-17-2013, 03:40 AM
Does any body believe In Brock as our future

Dapper Dan
04-17-2013, 03:45 AM
Let me answer your question with another question. Are you a chef, perhaps?

delow
04-17-2013, 05:52 AM
No sir

Ziggy
04-17-2013, 05:55 AM
Welcome to the board Delow.

Dapper Dan
04-17-2013, 06:39 AM
No sir

Then I'll join your discussion.

I'm not sure if he is our future or not. But I have faith in our Front Office. There's not a whole lot I can do. I feel like we got the best QB for our situations. He's raw. He has the talent. Hopefully having two HoF QBs can help him. It's a good thing that he's had time to sit. If Aaron Rodgers hadn't, he wouldn't be the QB he is today. Most QBs are busts because they're thrown into the fire too early.

That's my opinion on Oz being our future.

Northman
04-17-2013, 06:49 AM
Is he our future? Dunno. He was drafted to be though as the FO has all the confidence in the world for him. He's in the perfect situation to learn from not only Manning but anything that Elway can give him in terms of advice. He will have at the very least 2 more years to continue to learn which is great for development since generally it takes about 3 years for QB's to really hit their stride. I saw Brock play at ASU in only a handful of games and he reminded me a LOT of Big Ben in terms of ability and strength. Is it a definite he is the answer? No. But by the time it comes around for him to take the reigns im sure the organization will know where he stands in terms of readiness. If in the next two years they dont think he is coming along then im sure they will take the opportunity to either draft or pick up a QB who they think will be the answer. And although i dont believe that Tebow will ever be a starting calibur QB i was a very adamant that he was given the opportunity to try a couple of years ago. Fact is, until you see the players actually play in legitimate games you never know if they can be the guy or not.

SR
04-17-2013, 08:35 AM
I wonder if people in Indy were this worried about Curtis Painter. FFS. You would think that with having PEYTON MANNING as OUR quarterback people would at least try to embrace it and enjoy it for a little while.

rationalfan
04-17-2013, 09:55 AM
i think fans, bored during the offseason, are more worried about this issue than anyone who's actually getting paid to make decisions at Dove Valley. (considering the team hasn't signed any veteran QBs).

the Osweiler debate feels the new "move champ to safety" debate: meaningless and a way to add drama to a message board that thrives on it.

BroncoJoe
04-17-2013, 09:58 AM
did we really need another thread re: Brock?

Is delow a relative of Zam?

TXBRONC
04-17-2013, 09:59 AM
I wonder if people in Indy were this worried about Curtis Painter. FFS. You would think that with having PEYTON MANNING as OUR quarterback people would at least try to embrace it and enjoy it for a little while.

I don't think he was labled as Manning's eventual successor. That aside, anyone thinks that Osweiler isn't competing for his job is full of shit. As Davii pointed with Manning at the controls Fox and Elway know what they have in him. That allows them to scrutinize every throw he makes in OTAs, camp, and practice durig the regular season. They can also evaluate how he's doing in the classroom. If they don't like what they see they'll look elsewhere.

BroncoNut
04-17-2013, 10:33 AM
Is he our future? Dunno. He was drafted to be though as the FO has all the confidence in the world for him. He's in the perfect situation to learn from not only Manning but anything that Elway can give him in terms of advice. He will have at the very least 2 more years to continue to learn which is great for development since generally it takes about 3 years for QB's to really hit their stride. I saw Brock play at ASU in only a handful of games and he reminded me a LOT of Big Ben in terms of ability and strength. Is it a definite he is the answer? No. But by the time it comes around for him to take the reigns im sure the organization will know where he stands in terms of readiness. If in the next two years they dont think he is coming along then im sure they will take the opportunity to either draft or pick up a QB who they think will be the answer. And although i dont believe that Tebow will ever be a starting calibur QB i was a very adamant that he was given the opportunity to try a couple of years ago. Fact is, until you see the players actually play in legitimate games you never know if they can be the guy or not.

well no shit

BroncoNut
04-17-2013, 10:35 AM

that too, and the window is closing. we'll be rebuilding after 2 more seasons with or without os. let's hope he pans out.

Joel
04-17-2013, 10:50 AM
I don't know if they were, but they certainly SHOULD'VE been; they won a total of 2 games without Manning and finished dead last. Fortunately for them it looked like there was a pretty good QB in that years draft, but it would've been all the same if there hadn't been. It's a legit concern, and if Os were the only option we had explored or will explore it would be a grave one. I sincerely doubt he is though.

SR
04-17-2013, 10:58 AM
that too, and the window is closing. we'll be rebuilding after 2 more seasons with or without os. let's hope he pans out.

Denver won't be "rebuilding". They'll be getting a new QB. They're not mutually exclusive. I don't think losing Peyton will have that big of an effect on the team so long as they field a solid defense and plan ahead a little.

SR
04-17-2013, 10:59 AM
I don't know if they were, but they certainly SHOULD'VE been; they won a total of 2 games without Manning and finished dead last. Fortunately for them it looked like there was a pretty good QB in that years draft, but it would've been all the same if there hadn't been. It's a legit concern, and if Os were the only option we had explored or will explore it would be a grave one. I sincerely doubt he is though.

Are you being ******* serious right now?

Ravage!!!
04-17-2013, 11:01 AM
Some complain that Brock was selected with our second round pick when we "could" have used it for another position. The answer to this is simple, John had a great veteran QB, but didn't know 100% the status of his injury after starting to play. What Elway did know, is that he traded away Tebow (thank goodness) and took a SLIM chance on Manning.....although still a chance.

So JE had some questions that had to have an answer for his team:

What if Manning's injury gets re-injured early in the season?
Who is going to be the starter if the hiring of Manning doesn't work?
What if Manning's strength never comes back into his arm?
What if Manning can only last a single season?

and..
What if Manning can never really come back?

Elway had to make a decision and have a plan "B" in order. We already knew that we were moving away from Tebow, and wanted to have a more traditional passing QB to be our starting QB. Bringing in a vet to back up Manning didn't make much sense if Manning could not move forward, as that would simply put us back yet ANOTHER year having to draft a new QB THIS season (in a QB class that was known to be weak) to fill our NEED. So Elway made the right decision. Took a value QB in the second round (a Value because he very well could have been the best QB coming out of the draft THIS season had he stayed for his senior year in college) and plan on him learning for at LEAST one season. Os is young, large bodied, a big arm, and has decent (not great) mobility. He's raw in talent, but has the acumen to learn. So he wasn't ready to be an NFL starter his first season, but we didn't PLAN on him being the starter in season 1 of his career.

Now the question is.... will he be the guy when Manning retires? We have NO idea! Of course we don't know. Elway has all the confidence in the world in him, for now, but why wouldn't he? Why wouldn't he publicly BRAG on Os? Would be stupid to do otherwise. But we don't even know how long Manning is going to play for. The way he looked last season, that could be another 5 years.

The plan might be (probably is) for Manning to be here THREE years only, and then we move on IF Osweiler has shown enough in camps and practices to take over. It would be silly NOT to move on to Osweiler by that time considering the age differences... AND...considering the contracts. Can't let Os go because his rookie contract is up if he's shown the ability to be good in this league.

So far, the dumbest "criticisms" of Os is that he hasn't "proved" he should be the back-up. That's just retarded. Some think that Elway is married to the idea of Os being the "future" because John took him in the second round. That just doesn't make sense considering John will have 3 years to see his development and was willing to trade Tebow away. No one knows if Os will be the future of this team. But I know that no one knows more about Os' progress than Elway does/will.

Davii
04-17-2013, 11:05 AM
Does any body believe In Brock as our future

Personally, I believe that children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way. Show them all the beauty they possess inside.

Ravage!!!
04-17-2013, 11:08 AM
Ahhh.... rip Whitney.

Chef Zambini
04-17-2013, 11:15 AM
brock lessner?
he failed in his attempt to be an NFL player.

SR
04-17-2013, 11:24 AM
I've never heard of "brock lessner".

Chef Zambini
04-17-2013, 11:36 AM
lesnar, brock.
I guess if I mis-spelled osweiler you never would have heard of him either.

Timmy!
04-17-2013, 11:39 AM
I like bacon

SR
04-17-2013, 11:49 AM
lesnar, brock.
I guess if I mis-spelled osweiler you never would have heard of him either.

Oh, Brock Lesnar. Gotcha. Yeah, he's a big idiot and his tattoo looks like a big dick on his chest.

RebelRocker
04-17-2013, 12:37 PM
I don't think he was labled as Manning's eventual successor. That aside, anyone thinks that Osweiler isn't competing for his job is full of shit. As Davii pointed with Manning at the controls Fox and Elway know what they have in him. That allows them to scrutinize every throw he makes in OTAs, camp, and practice durig the regular season. They can also evaluate how he's doing in the classroom. If they don't like what they see they'll look elsewhere.

Great post. I'm not saying the FO is already looking elsewhere, but I do to d it fascinating that
They've taken a strong interest in two QBs with mid round grades. It's one thing
If they brought in an UDFA to be the #3, but the fact that they've shown
A lot of interest I. Mid round guys with starting potential is intriguing

Ravage!!!
04-17-2013, 12:39 PM
Great post. I'm not saying the FO is already looking elsewhere, but I do to d it fascinating that
They've taken a strong interest in two QBs with mid round grades. It's one thing

Eh.. I guess. I see the same thing happening in NE. They drafted Mallet, and have still drafted another QB. I don't think that was because Mallet is looking bad by any means, but you can never have too many good QB prospects.

BroncoNut
04-17-2013, 12:49 PM
Denver won't be "rebuilding". They'll be getting a new QB. They're not mutually exclusive. I don't think losing Peyton will have that big of an effect on the team so long as they field a solid defense and plan ahead a little.
I don't know.

chazoe60
04-17-2013, 12:51 PM
Not only is Brock the future of the Broncos I believe he's the future savior of our entire world. He will tricked into getting on a rocket and be sucked through a portal to a different plane of the Universe where Ming the Merciless rules with an iron fist and has designs on destroying our fine planet with a raygun, but Brock Osgordon will save the day with the help of the Hawkmen.

Simple Jaded
04-17-2013, 01:05 PM
When you have the best or second best QB in the biz that has never missed a game you don't spend a lot of time developing his replacement.

Chef Zambini
04-17-2013, 02:02 PM
When you have the best or second best QB in the biz that has never missed a game you don't spend a lot of time developing his replacement.
yes, the 49ers were idiots to waste their time on steve young, when they had Montana.
we should adopt a Scorgie mentality about replacing manning.
This concern about Os is ludicrous.
the CARDS didnt worry about who would replace WARNER, and its not like they suddenly became one of the worst in the league when he retired.

SR
04-17-2013, 02:08 PM
yes, the 49ers were idiots to waste their time on steve young, when they had Montana.
the CARDS didnt worry about who would replace WARNER, and its not like they suddenly became one of the worst in the league when he retired.

Steve Young was never intended to be what he ended up being. He SUCKED with Tampa and was acquired by SF to BE A BACKUP. And yeah, when Warner retired the Cards sucked bawlz. But it's also the Cardinals, who have one of the WORST owners in the league.

Ravage!!!
04-17-2013, 02:09 PM

Do you think if the cap was around that the 49ers would have been able to afford Montana and Steve Young on the same roster?

The funny thing is that you keep complaining that Os doesn't have championships and doesn't have the "great combine" (as if that means shit). Then, want to use the Cardinals as your example when THEY were the team that drafted the guy that had the Championships and combine numbers in Matt Leinart. BTW, since you didn't seem to notice, the Cardinals were one of the worst teams in NFL history BEFORE Warner.

TXBRONC
04-17-2013, 02:37 PM
Are you being ******* serious right now?

Yes, yes he is.

TXBRONC
04-17-2013, 02:46 PM

I don't look at like it's some bad reflection on Osweiler. 2011 Elway scouted several quarterbacks but didn't draft one. When he got the post draft press conference Clough (I think) asked about it. Elway told him they would be looking at quarterbacks every year. Given the importance of the position it's the smart thing to do.

Chef Zambini
04-17-2013, 02:53 PM
so for the broncos to waste time , $$ and roster spots on another QB is totally assinine,but...
if the broncos actually do exactly that, its totally cool.
you clowns are pathetic !

slim
04-17-2013, 02:55 PM
so for the broncos to waste time , $$ and roster spots on another QB is totally assinine,but...
if the broncos actually do exactly that, its totally cool.
you clowns are pathetic !

What are you talking about? They will have at least 4 QBs in camp this year.

Chef Zambini
04-17-2013, 03:00 PM
What are you talking about? They will have at least 4 QBs in camp this year.
and yuet you have typed at least 20 posts chastizing me for suggesting brock NEEDS competition.
your pre- determined anamosity is pathetic.
"oo, zam said "black' I better post and say, 'white".
it is the box of rocks mentality!
clown car occupants, all of you !

Davii
04-17-2013, 03:04 PM
and yuet you have typed at least 20 posts chastizing me for suggesting brock NEEDS competition.

Wow.

slim
04-17-2013, 03:12 PM

No, I disagree with your assertion that Brock was "handed" a position on the team. He wasn't. At least no more so than any other high draft pick is.

He had competition last year (in case you have forgotten) and he will have competition this year. It's really not that difficult.

Chef Zambini
04-17-2013, 03:17 PM
before the broncos played a SINGLE game in pre-season, JFE declared brock our FUTURE!
he admitted to 'sacrificing the present" to draft BROCK !
and yet you want to suggest there is no "commitment" to brock as our future starter.
I guess JFE is just frivilous with his words, opinions and responsabilities.

slim
04-17-2013, 03:20 PM
before the broncos played a SINGLE game in pre-season, JFE declared brock our FUTURE!
and yet you want to suggest there is no "commitment" to brock as our future starter.

Similiar things are said about every high draft pick, every year. "We expect him to be a 10 year starter", etc., etc....BFD.

He still has to earn his spot, just like everyone else.

Chef Zambini
04-17-2013, 03:24 PM
What are you talking about? They will have at least 4 QBs in camp this year.are those other 2 going to come from the draft?

slim
04-17-2013, 03:26 PM
are those other 2 going to come from the draft?

I don't know. My crystal ball is broken.

Maybe they draft one, maybe an UDFA, maybe a FA vet. :noidea:

Davii
04-17-2013, 03:26 PM

We are as committed to Brock as our future as we were to Tebow being the starter entering training camp last year. If a better option presents itself (there will be more QBs in camp) or Os doesn't look up to the task he will be replaced.

Your entire argument assumes that Elway would screw the franchise in order to make Brock look good. This is essentially the same as arguing that he was sabotaging Teboe, or holding him back for the sake of his own records. Both arguments are false, ludicrous, and should be ridiculed.

Ravage!!!
04-17-2013, 03:35 PM
We are as committed to Brock as our future as we were to Tebow being the starter entering training camp last year. If a better option presents itself (there will be more QBs in camp) or Os doesn't look up to the task he will be replaced.

Your entire argument assumes that Elway would screw the franchise in order to make Brock look good. This is essentially the same as arguing that he was sabotaging Teboe, or holding him back for the sake of his own records. Both arguments are false, ludicrous, and should be ridiculed.

Bingo

Chef Zambini
04-17-2013, 03:50 PM
comparing tebow situation to brock is a joke!
teboiw was sent on to the field to FAIL!
when tebow had miracle success, ELWAY vomited in his mouth !
You all told me I was an ass to suggest such a thing and had no way of knowing.
now I am telling you that JFE and brock are tied at the hip and JFE is PERSONNASLY commited to os and again you refute my observation and conclusion.
just like with tebow, you FAUIL to allow yourselves to see the signs and recognize the reality!
'sometimes you have to sacrifice the present for the future, brock is our FUTURE!
hate me all you want, you clowns are kidding yourselves if you dont think JFE has a defensive, defiant commitment to brock, especially when so many questioned the use of our second draft pick on a project QB !

ELWAY is DETERMINED to have brock be PFM's successor !
to deny it is to deny reality !

Northman
04-17-2013, 03:51 PM

Perfectly said.

Davii
04-17-2013, 03:52 PM
I am now convinced your only purpose is to troll. You can't even follow your own ludicrous babble.

Northman
04-17-2013, 03:53 PM
teboiw was sent on to the field to FAIL!
when tebow had miracle success, ELWAY vomited in his mouth !
You all told me I was an ass to suggest such a thing and had no way of knowing.
now I am telling you that JFE and brock are tied at the hip and JFE is PERSONNASLY commited to os and again you refute my observation and conclusion.
just like with tebow, you FAUIL to allow yourselves to see the signs and recognize the reality!
'sometimes you have to sacrifice the present for the future, brock is our FUTURE!
hate me all you want, you clowns are kidding yourselves if you dont think JFE has a defensive, defiant commitment to brock, especially when so many questioned the use of our second draft pick on a project QB !

ELWAY is DETERMINED to have brock be PFM's successor !
to deny it is to deny reality !

No, you are entirely incorrect. Tebow was sent in to see what he could do.

Northman
04-17-2013, 03:53 PM
I am now convinced your only purpose is to troll. You can't even follow your own ludicrous babble.

Well, im glad im not the only one who see's when he does this. lol

Chef Zambini
04-17-2013, 03:54 PM

elway put tebow on the field to FAIL !
elway did not want tebow to be the bronco QB!
If you still cant see that you are a waste of my time !

Northman
04-17-2013, 03:55 PM

If Elway and company wanted Tebow to fail they would of just let him throw the ball 40 times a game. If that would of happened we would of never made 8-8 let alone the playoffs. Your clearly out of your mind dude.

chazoe60
04-17-2013, 04:12 PM
**** all of you guys for ignoring my awesome Flash Gordon reference. I hate you!

Ravage!!!
04-17-2013, 04:16 PM
**** all of you guys for ignoring my awesome Flash Gordon reference. I hate you!

Flash who?

slim
04-17-2013, 04:20 PM
Chaz is a gordie. He dresses up in tights and rolls around on the floor with other men.

Davii
04-17-2013, 04:21 PM

Clearly i missed it. I was too busy ensuring I had enough change to cross Zam's bridge.

chazoe60
04-17-2013, 04:21 PM
Flash who?

What? Please tell me you know who Flash Gordon is.

Dapper Dan
04-17-2013, 04:29 PM
Everybody knows Flash Gordon. He's that guy from the movie, Ted.

SR
04-17-2013, 04:35 PM

You know alllllll about being a joke, eh Zam?

SR
04-17-2013, 04:35 PM

Uh, bro, Tebow won a playoff game a couple months before he was cut. So...

Simple Jaded
04-17-2013, 04:55 PM

I don't know about any of that, I just know that the Colts probably wasted a roster spot for over a decade.

MOtorboat
04-17-2013, 05:36 PM

What is MOST hilarious about your barely coherent rambling is that Denver IS DOING EXACTLY WHAT YOU ADVOCATE FOR. They drafted a guy to replace Manning when the time comes, rather than not having anyone there.

slim
04-17-2013, 05:37 PM
What is MOST hilarious about your barely coherent rambling is that Denver IS DOING EXACTLY WHAT YOU ADVOCATE FOR. They drafted a guy to replace Manning when the time comes, rather than not having anyone there.

It's amazing, isn't it?

MOtorboat
04-17-2013, 05:41 PM
It's amazing, isn't it?

Yes, every example he uses proves that Elway is doing what he wants Elway to do.

I'm firmly convinced that Osweiler came into the restaurant and was rude, or didn't tip well, or sent his dinner back. Remember, that's his beef with Bailey, too. (And Shanahan, if memory serves)

aulaza
04-18-2013, 08:54 AM
Wow, this discussion seems a bit silly. We have no idea if he will be or not. Hopefully he will, if not oh well we'll have to find someone else. Nobody has a crystal ball so let's just wait and see.

SR
04-18-2013, 09:06 AM
Wow, this discussion seems a bit silly. We have no idea if he will be or not. Hopefully he will, if not oh well we'll have to find someone else. Nobody has a crystal ball so let's just wait and see.

As you'll continue to see, when ever Zam posts in a thread it turns in to this.

Thnikkaman
04-18-2013, 09:07 AM
For clarification, it's garbage threads like this that makes it a waste of time to interact on the "serious" football part of this board.

Dapper Dan
04-18-2013, 11:11 AM
For clarification, it's garbage threads like this that makes it a waste of time to interact on the "serious" football part of this board.

Serious? Which thread is serious?

BroncoJoe
04-18-2013, 11:13 AM
Zam needs to call his doctor. Clearly he is out of meds.

Chef Zambini
04-18-2013, 02:43 PM
Yes, every example he uses proves that Elway is doing what he wants Elway to do.

I'm firmly convinced that Osweiler came into the restaurant and was rude, or didn't tip well, or sent his dinner back. Remember, that's his beef with Bailey, too. (And Shanahan, if memory serves)your memory is flawed.
I have never met shanny or Os.
Baily did come to my restaurant, shortly after he signed with the broncos.
He acted like an ass-hole and wore more jewelry than cleopatra!
I did not serve him, I just watched him make a scene because he did not like the table we tried to sit him at.
a little background:
after he signed with the broncos He came to AZ and apparently Pat Bowlen suggested he stay at the ROYAL PALMS, where he often stayed
Pat always stayed in the presidential suite.
so CHAMP INSISTED that he stay in the same room Pat stayed in and eat at the same table Pat at at.
Pat was sat at a small deuce near a window, he made no fuss about where he was sat.
To honor CHAMPS DEMANDS, our hostess showed him to that same table and the guy went off like a total jerk!

BTW, JFE also stayed at our resort many times when he came to visit his son at ASU and his roomate, brock.

Chef Zambini
04-18-2013, 02:52 PM
As you'll continue to see, when ever Zam posts in a thread it turns in to this.and thats because the zam-bashers can't help themselves with their knee-jerk anamosity.

topscribe
04-18-2013, 02:58 PM
and thats because the zam-bashers can't help themselves with their knee-jerk anamosity.
I don't agree with everything you say. Some of it, I disagree with thoroughly.

But I don't know why your comments should bother me so much as all this.

Northman
04-18-2013, 03:11 PM
and thats because the zam-bashers can't help themselves with their knee-jerk anamosity.

Nothing knee-jerk about it. You simply dont make any sense, having any facts to back up your claims, and when called out you back peddle or switch gears like nobodies business. Thats not even including the hieroglyphics that people have translate to actually read what it is you are trying to say. Its not everyone else's fault you dont take the time to make your arguments better.

Chef Zambini
04-18-2013, 03:26 PM
I am the dan dierdorf of this forum.
you expect everything that comes from me to be annoying horseshit, and when I do post something you agree with, you doubt your own thought processes.

slim
04-18-2013, 03:30 PM
lol

Northman
04-18-2013, 03:32 PM
I am the dan dierdorf of this forum.
you expect everything that comes from me to be annoying horseshit, and when I do post something you agree with, you doubt your own thought processes.

That might be stretching it. Now, i would say you are the Bronco Billy of the forum though.

Dapper Dan
04-18-2013, 03:35 PM
This is who Zam reminds me of..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-0zVziIJ5Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iWW_Ki1ns8

Chef Zambini
04-18-2013, 03:37 PM
Nothing knee-jerk about it. You simply dont make any sense, having any facts to back up your claims, and when called out you back peddle or switch gears like nobodies business. Thats not even including the hieroglyphics that people have translate to actually read what it is you are trying to say. Its not everyone else's fault you dont take the time to make your arguments better.
ashlie lelie, sideline warrior
mike shanahan, pass junkie, figurehead
cutler, petulant child
Tebow, fullback masquerading as a QB
CHAMP, could make a greater impact as a SAFETY.
"attack the pass at the point of origin"
"offenses dont score standing on the sideline"
Quoting that dinosaur, moron Vince Lombardi.
yes, I am a lunatic, lock me up !

aulaza
04-18-2013, 03:45 PM
your memory is flawed.
I have never met shanny or Os.
Baily did come to my restaurant, shortly after he signed with the broncos.
He acted like an ass-hole and wore more jewelry than cleopatra!
I did not serve him, I just watched him make a scene because he did not like the table we tried to sit him at.
a little background:
after he signed with the broncos He came to AZ and apparently Pat Bowlen suggested he stay at the ROYAL PALMS, where he often stayed
Pat always stayed in the presidential suite.
so CHAMP INSISTED that he stay in the same room Pat stayed in and eat at the same table Pat at at.
Pat was sat at a small deuce near a window, he made no fuss about where he was sat.
To honor CHAMPS DEMANDS, our hostess showed him to that same table and the guy went off like a total jerk!

BTW, JFE also stayed at our resort many times when he came to visit his son at ASU and his roomate, brock.

That's interesting. Champ definitely doesn't come across that way. You think he has changed? What was JE like?

Northman
04-18-2013, 03:47 PM
cutler, petulant child

Now see, THIS^ (outside the Shanahan being a pass junkie) makes sense. Why cant you do this all the time?

slim
04-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Now see, THIS^ (outside the Shanahan being a pass junkie) makes sense. Why cant you do this all the time?

My money is on ADHD.

SR
04-18-2013, 04:58 PM
cutler, petulant child

Lelie wasn't exactly a sideline warrior. One season he had over a thousand yards and he also led the league in yards per reception.
Shanny a pass junkie? Think again. It was under Shanny that the Broncos were the best running team in the league every year it seemed like. TD, Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary, Ruben Droughns, Clinton Portis. He took a bunch of no-name backs and had 1,000 yard seasons out of all of them and in one case a 2,000 yard season. Oh, and two Super Bowl rings.
Cutler wasn't a reeree until McDaniels and I don't really fault him for it in hindsight.
No one knows if Champ could make a bigger impact at safety because HE IS A CORNERBACK.
Your next quote makes zero sense.
Neither does the next one.
Yes. Yes you are.

silkamilkamonico
04-18-2013, 11:44 PM
....yes.

Os is our future at qb.

Chef Zambini
04-19-2013, 02:06 AM
That's interesting. Champ definitely doesn't come across that way. You think he has changed? What was JE like?JFE was totally cool, no pompus demands, hung out at out bar, easy to talk to, big smile relaxed attitude.

Dapper Dan
04-19-2013, 11:33 AM
Most people are nice to the ones who make/handle their food. It's common sense.

Chef Zambini
04-19-2013, 11:40 AM
I have been in the hospitality industry for over 40 years. I have never, ever "sabotaged' someones food or drink, nor have I ever witnessed any of my fellow servers putting anything inappropriate in a persons food or drink.
I am NOT going to let some A-hole diminish my integrity and professionalism.
does this kind of stuff happen, without question, but not to the degree that many think.
If the fear of retribution is the only thing keeping some folks from treating their foodservers like scum, those people have issues.

Thnikkaman
04-19-2013, 11:42 AM
I have been in the hospitality industry for over 40 years. I have never, ever "sabotaged' someones food or drink, nor have I ever witnessed any of my fellow servers putting anything inappropriate in a persons food or drink.
I am NOT going to let some A-hole diminish my integrity and professionalism.
does this kind of stuff happen, without question, but not to the degree that many think.
If the fear of retribution is the only thing keeping some folks from treating their foodservers like scum, those people have issues.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbtr51TszT1rgkmkno1_500.gif

Chef Zambini
04-19-2013, 11:56 AM
I will share with you a story on the subject:
back in the 70's when I workrd for bobby Mc Gees there was a byuisy weekend night where before i got to the table, the cocktail waitress was already in tears and the busboy was ready to punch out a guy seated at one of my 5 tables. it was a party of 2 men and one guy was a total derogatory beligerent, offensive a-hole. I told both the busboy and ckt waitress to just stay away from the table and I would provide all the service. Every time I was at the tasble he went out of his way to say something rude and offensive. My other guests, hearing his comments, kept asking me why I put up with it and why we didnt just throw this guy out !
I told my other tables not to worry about it, and said, I just consider the source.
at the end of the evening, this same guy ordered coffee, I brought it to him and moments later, stood in the middle of my 5 table section and asked the guy, "how is the coffee? "
he said, easily the worst coffee i have ever tasted!"
to wich I responded,
"well it should be because I pissed in it'
before he could respond, every single person in my section, and anyone who could hear this guys comments all night stood up, cheared and applauded !
THEIR response was like something in a movie.
he did not say another word, and the guy who was with him, who sat quietly all night, grabbed the check, paid the bill and left me a 30% tip.
of course, I did nothing to his coffee, I just knew I would have an opportunity to have the last laugh.
My tips from my other tables were also great that night !

Thnikkaman
04-19-2013, 11:58 AM
http://img.pandawhale.com/22545-iTAmcGIF-D3Mb.gif

Chef Zambini
04-19-2013, 12:00 PM
....yes.

Os is our future at qb.

that may well be true, but what kind of future will it be.

broncohead
04-19-2013, 01:05 PM
that may well be true, but what kind of future will it be.

Who knows with any of the other rookie QBs that were handed the job or vets that were handed the job with no REAL starting experience

topscribe
04-19-2013, 01:56 PM
I will share with you a story on the subject:
back in the 70's when I workrd for bobby Mc Gees there was a byuisy weekend night where before i got to the table, the cocktail waitress was already in tears and the busboy was ready to punch out a guy seated at one of my 5 tables. it was a party of 2 men and one guy was a total derogatory beligerent, offensive a-hole. I told both the busboy and ckt waitress to just stay away from the table and I would provide all the service. Every time I was at the tasble he went out of his way to say something rude and offensive. My other guests, hearing his comments, kept asking me why I put up with it and why we didnt just throw this guy out !
I told my other tables not to worry about it, and said, I just consider the source.
at the end of the evening, this same guy ordered coffee, I brought it to him and moments later, stood in the middle of my 5 table section and asked the guy, "how is the coffee? "
he said, easily the worst coffee i have ever tasted!"
to wich I responded,
"well it should be because I pissed in it'
before he could respond, every single person in my section, and anyone who could hear this guys comments all night stood up, cheared and applauded !
THEIR response was like something in a movie.
he did not say another word, and the guy who was with him, who sat quietly all night, grabbed the check, paid the bill and left me a 30% tip.
of course, I did nothing to his coffee, I just knew I would have an opportunity to have the last laugh.
My tips from my other tables were also great that night !
That is the coolest story I have read in a while. :lol:

Chef Zambini
04-19-2013, 02:03 PM
"And he's our guy for the future," Elway said. "And sometimes we have to sacrifice the short-term for the long-term to grab the guy that you believe can be that next guy for you, and that's Brock Osweiler." JFE

no commitment expressed there.

Northman
04-19-2013, 02:06 PM
"And he's our guy for the future," Elway said. "And sometimes we have to sacrifice the short-term for the long-term to grab the guy that you believe can be that next guy for you, and that's Brock Osweiler." JFE

no commitment expressed there.

Would you rather he said that he wasnt the future and not have any confidence in him?

Chef Zambini
04-19-2013, 02:13 PM
I would rather he said. we have confidence in Brock, otherwise would would not have SACRIFICED such a valuable pick on him. He will get a chance to prove that he can be the one to hold the keys to our offense.
If he gets the job it will be because he has earned the right and excelled in competing for the role of heir apparent.
THAT is what I would have prefered, mostly because it would not have TIED elway to the pick !
the pick is one thing, defiantly defending it at the exclusion of others is the greater faux pas.
and my biggest fear !
I hope brock pulls a hillman on me!
I honestly do, meanwhile I remain concerned about the kid being handed the keys without ever proving his skils behind the wheel.

Northman
04-19-2013, 02:19 PM
I would rather he said. we have confidence in Brock, otherwise would would not have SACRIFICED such a valuable pick on him. He will get a chance to prove that he can be the one to hold the keys to our offense.
If he gets the job it will be because he has earned the right and excelled in competing for the role of heir apparent.
THAT is what I would have prefered, mostly because it would not have TIED elway to the pick !
the pick is one thing, defiantly defending it at the exclusion of others is the greater faux pas.
and my biggest fear !
I honestly do, meanwhile I remain concerned about the kid being handed the keys without ever proving his skils behind the wheel.

Zam dude, i think you are really just making a mountain out of an ant hill here. Just because John is confident in Brock doesnt mean they wont evaluate his progress from now until Manning retires. I told you the other day that they wont throw him out there unless they are sure he is ready to do so. If they pick up some other QB's in the next couple of years as safety nets than thats what they will do but i have a feeling that you just dont like the kid, at least that's how it comes across and im just not sure why. Give it time and see how it goes before going off the deep end dude. If Elway forces Brock out there and keeps him as the starter and he sucks ballz than come back and gloat about how you were right. But, we dont know anything at this point and he is still learning behind Manning so until that time comes take a deep breath.

MOtorboat
04-19-2013, 05:39 PM
and my biggest fear !

I honestly have no clue what it is you want Elway and the front office to do that they aren't doing.

Truly baffling this tripe.

TXBRONC
04-20-2013, 07:03 AM
and my biggest fear !

Get a clue. While Elway is V.P. player operations every single pick we make until he leaves will be tied him. :throwrock:

Ravage!!!
04-20-2013, 10:16 AM
and my biggest fear !

No. What you REALLY want is for Brock to prove it to YOU. YOU want the FO and coaches, to prove to YOU that Brock has what it takes. Considering you've already stated that you didn't see ANYTHING from him in college that led you to believe he could be an NFL QB, then I feel certain there is NOTHING he could do on the field to make you believe he deserves the starting role. Other than having you come to practice, sit and watch Brock with the coaches, there is NO WAY that you ever believe he "earned" the starting role.

You have already made up your mind.

SmilinAssasSin27
04-20-2013, 10:52 AM
Nobody knows if Brock is the guy. And if ya say ya do, yer lying. He was a rookie QB who only saw the field to take a knee. He hasn't faced even a moment of real game situation in the NFL. Ryan Leaf was supposed be go to the HOF. Brady looked like my dorky next door neighbor at the combine. Noone knows til the get thrown into the fire.

Chef Zambini
04-20-2013, 12:58 PM
Nobody knows if Brock is the guy. And if ya say ya do, yer lying. He was a rookie QB who only saw the field to take a knee. He hasn't faced even a moment of real game situation in the NFL. Ryan Leaf was supposed be go to the HOF. Brady looked like my dorky next door neighbor at the combine. Noone knows til the get thrown into the fire.thank you.
all I am asking is that we EXPOSE brock to some real competition, even in PRE_SEASON.
My observation is that he was deliberatly kept from being exposed to first and second string opponents, sheilded from scrutiny.
THIS PRE_SEASON, I hope the M.O. is much different and brock gets as many opportunities as possible to demonstrrate if he is in fact deserving of the title "FUTURE" and "HEIR apparent"
any REAL bronco fan would want the same!

buffsroam
04-20-2013, 01:20 PM
thank you.
all I am asking is that we EXPOSE brock to some real competition, even in PRE_SEASON.
My observation is that he was deliberatly kept from being exposed to first and second string opponents, sheilded from scrutiny.
THIS PRE_SEASON, I hope the M.O. is much different and brock gets as many opportunities as possible to demonstrrate if he is in fact deserving of the title "FUTURE" and "HEIR apparent"
any REAL bronco fan would want the same!

Brock was exposed to NFL defenses during the regular season. He handed off and took a knee in most of his opportunities except in the Chiefs game. He actually got some decent playing time, but I guess you do not take that into consideration. I thought he looked ok during this game. He showed a strong arm and command of the offense (I know it was a small portion of the offense).

I think the only thing that would make you happy is if Fox benches Manning for the Patriot game and starts BO and he has 400 plus yards, 3 TDs and no ints. And a win on the road. On the other hand you would probably worry if he can do it two games in a row. This is never going to happen barring injury to PFM.

BO will get plenty of chances this pre-season to work against 2nd teams and maybe against some 1st teamers.
I still think you will need more.

Bottom line is the Broncos drafted BO with hope they could develop him into a quality NFL QB. Keep in mind that BO is only 22 years old and has a long career in front of him as a QB in the NFL. Get on board and look at what they are building here in Denver. They are balancing the future needs and the immediate needs. Last thing we all want is a few years of great football followed by many years of rebuilding.

Chef Zambini
04-20-2013, 01:38 PM
thanks for your EXTREME portrayal of what you foster as my perspective.
jump on the bandwagon, dont be burdened by any objectivity and be sure to ignore anything i actually post!
have i ever said i dont like Os, no.
Am I predicting or hoping for failure, no.
do i want him to succeed, yes.
am I concerned he may not be presented with enough CHALLENGE and competition in his JFE annointed role as heir apparent, absolutely.
please ignore all of that and take your seat in the box. welcome.

Chef Zambini
04-20-2013, 01:43 PM
"....BO will get plenty of chances this pre-season to work against 2nd teams and maybe against some 1st teamers. "
this is all I am asking for, this is all I have desired in all of these brock threads, just some real competition for the kid to show he is worth of 'the crown"

"I still think you will need more"
this is just unwarrented, perpetuated zam hate that has NOTHING to do with brock!
clown car occupants have been reduced to suggesting that competition is unimportant to help foster their zam bashing, again nothing to actually do with brock and his development.
nice work einstein.

Nomad
04-20-2013, 01:46 PM
clown car occupants....that's effing hilarious.

MOtorboat
04-20-2013, 01:47 PM
Zam = Victim

Nomad
04-20-2013, 01:48 PM
Zam = Victim

You got to admit, Zam has some funny takes.

Chef Zambini
04-20-2013, 02:03 PM
It just bothers me that instead of a rational intellegent conversation about ANY bronco subject, these threads get reduced and diminished into the inevitable zam bashing and my defensive posts instead of a forum for actually discussing the subject at hand.
and heaven help me if I suggest the mods compell these handful to focus on the subject and take their zamophobia elsewhere.

Like all of you I love our broncos and would like to talk broncos with fellow enthusaists.
I think its juvenile and retarded that worthwhile subjects get reduced to pissing matches.
But I refuse to be bullied in to restricting my posts.

MOtorboat
04-20-2013, 02:05 PM
You got to admit, Zam has some funny takes.

Oh, they're funny alright.

Chef Zambini
04-20-2013, 02:08 PM
humor and entertainment is my #2 objective.

Nomad
04-20-2013, 02:27 PM

I'm not bashing you, I think you are achieving your #2 objective with some of your sayings.....zamophobia:lol:

Teams grade players differently and coaches/fans have different opinions how they run or would run their team.

MOtorboat
04-20-2013, 02:27 PM

When you talk in circles is the best.

The whole Osweiler needs competition for his backup role, but Hanie isn't competition, Hanie means they were hiding Osweiler, is the best. It's so asinine, it's funny.

SR
04-20-2013, 06:11 PM
It just bothers me that instead of a rational intellegent conversation about ANY bronco subject, these threads get reduced and diminished into the inevitable zam bashing and my defensive posts instead of a forum for actually discussing the subject at hand.
and heaven help me if I suggest the mods compell these handful to focus on the subject and take their zamophobia elsewhere.

Like all of you I love our broncos and would like to talk broncos with fellow enthusaists.
I think its juvenile and retarded that worthwhile subjects get reduced to pissing matches.
But I refuse to be bullied in to restricting my posts.

Alright. Who the hell hacked Zam's account??

Joker56
04-20-2013, 11:03 PM
OK,i think we kind of understand ,where Zam is coming from ...
(From his Mom and Dad)
He wants to KNOW if Os can play QB
But...
Os is not gonna Have to play...
unless The HOF QB gets injured... so, Os is just a backup... for now..
Most of us do hope that he could step up and be a Great QB ... In the Future !!!
Zam wants to see him , play more... to prove himself .. ok , fine... got that ..
but ,last year Manning needed more time in preseason to JELL with the Broncos....
Correct me if i am Wrong on that ?
Maybe ,this year Os will have more time to Jell in preseason with the first team .. second team offense ...
We do love our Broncos... including Zam ... lol ...

sneakers
04-21-2013, 12:55 AM
No sir

Are you an archaeologist by chance?

Chef Zambini
04-21-2013, 01:52 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/18/a-year-later-john-elway-stands-by-decision-to-draft-brock-osweiler/
here is an aticle ZAM wrote using an lias because nobody gives a shit except zam.
nobody is questiing the pick except zam
nobody is wondering why except zam.

Timmy!
04-21-2013, 03:24 AM
http://www.vipdictionary.com/img/ridiculous.jpg

MOtorboat
04-21-2013, 07:20 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/18/a-year-later-john-elway-stands-by-decision-to-draft-brock-osweiler/
here is an aticle ZAM wrote using an lias because nobody gives a shit except zam.

Yup, Osweiler will likely get the chance to succeed Manning.

It's really not that big of a deal. Nor is it a conspiracy.

TXBRONC
04-21-2013, 08:25 AM

I don't see how Smith's article agrees with you. Although I think you have asked the questioned once or twice why Osweiler was taken instead of someone who might be able help more immediatlely that doesn't seem to be your focus most of the time. Your's for the most part is Osweiler doesn't have enough competition and shouldn't be labled the quarterback of the future until he faces competition that you're satisfied with. You keep saying he needs to prove it on the field but that seems to set aside the fact he has Manning ahead him. He'll get real game time experience during the preseason but if you're expecting that he'll play three quarters per game during the preseason I think you'll be sorely disappointed.

Superchop 7
04-21-2013, 04:09 PM
I'm lost on the kids throwing motion.....but I "can" see some talent.....he has "grown" in that regard.

I do, however, think THIS kid is the perfect #3, top 5 talent in this years draft.

Peter Lalich is beyond your run-of-the-mill Division-II "sleeper" or "diamond in the rough" prospect. Had he taken a different path, maybe Lalich would be recognized as one of the best prospects in the 2013 NFL Draft today. Despite his unusual path, our data and research suggests that Lalich has the raw talent to be considered a top-10 quarterback prospect in the 2013 NFL Draft. His size, arm strength, and pedigree are too hard to ignore. With all the possibilities here, Lalich may be the single best true "sleeper" quarterback in the 2013 draft class.

**College Football Metrics.com is unique college prospect scouting research group

Jsteve01
04-21-2013, 08:46 PM
hey Chop do you like Lalich?

Chef Zambini
04-22-2013, 01:03 AM
I would be STUNNED if JFE actually brought in somebody with TALENT like LALICH to make brock COMPETE for his position on the depth chart !
\ I will believe it when it happens.
I would be STUNNED if brock actually got into a PRE_SEASON game while the opponent was still playing their first or even their SECOND string!
I will believe it when it happens!
until then, I accuse JFE of hiding brock from view because he is unworthy of the proclomation that he is the FUTURE !
brock may be a GOOD QB, he may have potential.

but I question if he is worthy of the EXCLUSION of all other possible candidates between 2012 and 2015.
that IS what his selection represents, JFE has said as much in defending his pick !

any rational bronco fan should be CONCERNED and EAGER to see what the FUTURE looks like in a game against MEANINGFUL competition.

MOtorboat
04-22-2013, 06:47 AM
I would be STUNNED if JFE actually brought in somebody with TALENT like LALICH to make brock COMPETE for his position on the depth chart !
I would be STUNNED if brock actually got into a PRE_SEASON game while the opponent was still playing their first or even their SECOND string!
until then, I accuse JFE of hiding brock from view because he is unworthy of the proclomation that he is the FUTURE !

but I question if he is worthy of the EXCLUSION of all other possible candidates between 2012 and 2015.
that IS what his selection represents, JFE has said as much in defending his pick !

any rational bronco fan should be CONCERNED and EAGER to see what the FUTURE looks like in a game against MEANINGFUL competition.

:fart:

TXBRONC
04-22-2013, 07:08 AM

Let me know when you go to work for the front office. :coffee:

Chef Zambini
04-22-2013, 10:38 AM
I work for the fans. I voice concern. I hope it reaches JFE, I hope he will put BO to the test and either shut me up or copme to the realization that the opportunity to replace PFM should be an OPEN competition, not pre-determined.

broncohead
04-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Elway doesn't have to prove anything to anyone

TXBRONC
04-22-2013, 11:50 AM
I work for the fans. I voice concern. I hope it reaches JFE, I hope he will put BO to the test and either shut me up or copme to the realization that the opportunity to replace PFM should be an OPEN competition, not pre-determined.

Maybe you should change your screen name to Ralf Nader. :D

I don't know what you mean about working for the fans. If you were working for me I woul've fired your flakey ass long ago. :D

You're pretty thick headed. Nothing has been pre-determined he earned being the number two quarterback so pissing and moaning about it doesn't do anything constructive. You say he needs to play in meaningful games. The only meaningful games he would get in is the regular season and that just isn't going to happen unless Manning goes down for the year. The preseason is first for developing chemistry and timing for starters and if you haven't noticed Osweiler isn't the starter. Second, Brock will get playing time and it probably will be a little more than last year but I'm sure you'll still complain that it wasn't enough.

MOtorboat
04-22-2013, 01:00 PM

That is your best idea.

Open ******* tryouts!

My money is on BDB. He could stand in the pocket all day and no one could bring him down. It doesnt matter his arm strength...

Davii
04-22-2013, 01:41 PM
That is your best idea.

Open ******* tryouts!

My money is on BDB. He could stand in the pocket all day and no one could bring him down. It doesnt matter his arm strength...

I think you could have a go at it MO. If you took the snap then bootlegged out they would never know. They wouldn't be able to see you over the line.

slim
04-22-2013, 01:48 PM
I work for the fans.

Yeah, not really.

Timmy!
04-22-2013, 06:45 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/532c83bf76f0421d193ea902a44237cd/tumblr_methj1oxLB1rlcrbyo1_500.gif

Denver Native (Carol)
04-22-2013, 09:47 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Broncos quarterback Brock Osweiler left college after his junior season – his first as a starter.

Had he remained at Arizona State one more year, it is possible that he’d be in the conversation as the top passer in this year’s draft class.

“I think so,” Executive Vice President of Football Operations Elway said. “I think he would have been real close to the top, if not the top, of this class this year.”

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Osweiler-Top-of-2013-QB-Class/6fbbcb4c-eb73-4406-abdf-b94916fb376d

Denver Native (Carol)
04-22-2013, 09:50 PM
Also from article:

With the way the quarterback prospects shaped out over the past two years, Elway is happy to have Osweiler on board.

“We're just thrilled,” Elway said. “He's going to be so much better with a year under his belt, and learn how everything works, and get a chance to work underneath Peyton. He'll get a lot of reps this spring with Peyton kind of watching the amount of throws that he's going to make, that it will be a great opportunity for Brock this Spring.”

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Osweiler-Top-of-2013-QB-Class/6fbbcb4c-eb73-4406-abdf-b94916fb376d

slim
04-23-2013, 10:41 AM
Wait, so Brock is actually going to throw the ball this year?

I have been lead to believe he wasn't required to participate in practice last year and did no on field work.

Timmy!
04-23-2013, 11:29 AM

I have been lead to believe he wasn't required to participate in practice last year and did no on field work.

Ya I'm pretty sure he was just fetching water and playing video games. Maybe he tweeted a lot or something. He certainly didn't do anything football related, cause you know, that would be just silly.

Davii
04-23-2013, 11:35 AM

Elway anointed him as the future, I thought all he had to do from there was drink beer and wear a jersey.

Simple Jaded
04-23-2013, 11:40 AM
"He'll get a lot of reps this spring with Peyton kind of watching the amount of throws that he's going to make, that it will be a great opportunity for Brock this Spring"

Yeah but that doesn't change the fact that Osweiler currently doesn't have competition that satisfies Zam's sense of proportion.

BroncoJoe
04-23-2013, 11:40 AM
I work for the fans.

http://www.socialmediaexplorer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/25085196.jpg

slim
04-23-2013, 11:57 AM
Well we know he didn't face any competition last year, that is undeniable.

He also didn't play in any preseason games. Don't worry about what the preseason stats say, those are clearly all part of the conspiracy.

Chef Zambini
04-23-2013, 04:11 PM
... all very amusing, and yet none of you can point to a single play when BROCK took a meaningful snap against real competition last year.
pre-season or a real game, other than mop-up work !
JFEs cooments in the most recent posts just indeicate that he was DELIBERATLY excluded from EXPOSURE to real competition.

BroncoJoe
04-23-2013, 04:15 PM
... all very amusing, and yet none of you can point to a single play when BROCK took a meaningful snap against real competition last year.
JFEs cooments in the most recent posts just indeicate that he was DELIBERATLY excluded from EXPOSURE to real competition.

Please. We have a guy named Peyton Manning. WHY would Brock need to have any snaps? Why would you want him to?

Comeon Zam. I know you're not that stupid, but am starting to question my belief.

Davii
04-23-2013, 04:33 PM
Please. We have a guy named Peyton Manning. WHY would Brock need to have any snaps? Why would you want him to?

Comeon Zam. I know you're not that stupid, but am starting to question my belief.

Joe, I have always found you to be a reasonable guy. However, this belief of yours seems quite unreasonable.

BroncoJoe
04-23-2013, 04:36 PM
Joe, I have always found you to be a reasonable guy. However, this belief of yours seems quite unreasonable.

He's a fan, albeit a strange one. He does know football, although it's more of a 50's style. He can evaluate talent, but is usually off the mark.

OK - I retract my statement, post 140. For the record.

MOtorboat
04-23-2013, 04:42 PM

Because he was a rookie and they didn't freakin' have to because of this dude named Manning. Good grief.

Ravage!!!
04-23-2013, 04:45 PM

Has got to be one of the dumbest things typed out in the forums.

Chef Zambini
04-24-2013, 02:17 AM
errrp de derrrp berppp :fart:
and this is brilliant.

TXBRONC
04-24-2013, 06:37 AM

The the only think he was required to do last year was to stand around and look for spies.

Chef Zambini
04-24-2013, 01:53 PM
But the team's draft strategy remains the same. Asked Monday if he was still looking for immediate starters in far better times, Elway said: "Absolutely. If a guy is going to play for us for 10 years, we want him to be able to play for us now. That's always the goal. It's a little bit harder when your team's deeper and you don't have the needs that we have, but we want

John Elway (Denver Post file)to be able to get some solid contributors out of the class, and hopefully a couple of starters, too. That's always the goal, to find these guys and get them on the field as fast as we can."
WOW SOUNDS JUST LIKE brock !

LTC Pain
04-24-2013, 02:00 PM
This thread epitomizes "wrapped around the axle" over nothing!

MOtorboat
04-24-2013, 02:18 PM
But the team's draft strategy remains the same. Asked Monday if he was still looking for immediate starters in far better times, Elway said: "Absolutely. If a guy is going to play for us for 10 years, we want him to be able to play for us now. That's always the goal. It's a little bit harder when your team's deeper and you don't have the needs that we have, but we want

John Elway (Denver Post file)to be able to get some solid contributors out of the class, and hopefully a couple of starters, too. That's always the goal, to find these guys and get them on the field as fast as we can."
WOW SOUNDS JUST LIKE brock !

Chef Zambini
04-24-2013, 02:20 PM
SO TRUE, BROCKS ROLE IS SO INSIGNIFICANT.
just as JFE stated, we are not in the market
our future is already set in stone, it will be brock and nobody is going to be brought in to throw trash in that axle.

SR
04-24-2013, 02:28 PM
our future is already set in stone, it will be brock and nobody is going to be brought in to throw trash in that axle.

He's a ******* backup quarterback. WTF do you want his role to be??? When you have PEYTON MANNING starting, you let him do what he does. When he started every game for 13 years in Indy, how much significant, meaningful snaps do you think his backups took?!

MOtorboat
04-24-2013, 02:45 PM

That's actually the exact opposite of what Elway said.

If you read between the lines, the reason they took Osweiler last year was because they don't particularly like any of the prospects this year (which is also general consensus from around the league)...

:shart:

Ravage!!!
04-24-2013, 02:59 PM
See, a perfect example of the words "needs" and "wants."

Zam thinks he NEEDs to be shown that Brock is the guy. It's not really a need, but purely a want. As being discussed in another thread, fans/media have a tendency to interchange the terms.

Zam feels that Elway NEEDs to prove that Brock is the future. Zam also feels that Elway NEEDs Brock to succeed.

These aren't true at all. Zam WANTS Elway to somehow "prove" Brock's abilities to him, when in fact, Elway has no need to do that. Elway also doesn't NEED Brock to succeed, as Elway's job/success isn't tied to Brock. But, I feel VERY confident in saying that Elway WANTS Brock to succeed. I'm also confident that Elway will give Brock every opportunity to succeed, but, that doesn't mean that Elway will sacrifice the team's success for the hopes of Brock's success.

Ravage!!!
04-24-2013, 03:01 PM
That's actually the exact opposite of what Elway said.

If you read between the lines, the reason they took Osweiler last year was because they don't particularly like any of the prospects this year (which is also general consensus from around the league)...

:shart:

This was also talked about in strategies during the 1983 draft (during the 30 for 30 last night). Teams knew that the 1984 class wasn't looking very good, and thus, teams wanting to trade to get a QB in '83 was made more important.

Chef Zambini
04-24-2013, 04:40 PM
See, a perfect example of the words "needs" and "wants."

Zam thinks he NEEDs to be shown that Brock is the guy. It's not really a need, but purely a want. As being discussed in another thread, fans/media have a tendency to interchange the terms.

Zam feels that Elway NEEDs to prove that Brock is the future. Zam also feels that Elway NEEDs Brock to succeed.
These aren't true at all. Zam WANTS Elway to somehow "prove" Brock's abilities to him, when in fact, Elway has no need to do that. Elway also doesn't NEED Brock to succeed, as Elway's job/success isn't tied to Brock. But, I feel VERY confident in saying that Elway WANTS Brock to succeed. I'm also confident that Elway will give Brock every opportunity to succeed, but, that doesn't mean that Elway will sacrifice the team's success for the hopes of Brock's success.rav, nicely done but two can play that game.
yes elway wants brock to succeed, as do I !
JFE wants us to trust him
elway wants all the questions to go away
JFE wants to keep brock out of the limelite and away frum scrutiny
elway wants to avoid putting brock on the field
JFE wants PFM to play for 4 more years.
(dont we all)
JFE wants us to believe that he actually earned the #2 position on the depth chart
JFE wants us to ignore/forget/ dismiss the fact that he declared a kid with only 7 college starts under his belt and ZERO experience in either the NFL or DENVER as the futre and heir apparent of the denver broncos.

MOtorboat
04-24-2013, 04:44 PM
rav, nicely done but two can play that game.
(dont we all)
JFE wants us to believe that he actually earned the #2 position on the depth chart
JFE wants us to ignore/forget/ dismiss the fact that he declared a kid with only 7 college starts under his belt and ZERO experience in either the NFL or DENVER as the futre and heir apparent of the denver broncos.

Conspiracy theory after conspiracy theory...

Oh, the HORROR!

Ravage!!!
04-24-2013, 05:27 PM
I don't think they are expecting Manning to play 4 more years. I'm expecting 2 more years, and from that point forward, the plan is to move on to Brock if he's the guy that can take the reigns. Yes, Elway WANTs him to be that guy. Of course he does. If he's not the guy, Elway will do what he was willing to do with Tebow, Go and get the guy. If he's not the guy and Manning is still playing well, than Manning remains the guy.

As far as "declaring" the starting role to someone that has ZERO NFL experience. Other than the very obvious point that Manning is the starting QB .... No shit. ANYONE coming out of college football has ZERO NFL experience until they actually get NFL experience ...(see EVERY starting NFL QB for examples of this). How many franchises have given the starting role to someone that has ZERO NFL experience, at ANY position? That's a lame, and pretty ridiculous, complaint that makes ZERO sense.

No matter how much you WANT to believe your silly conspiracies make sense, you NEED to come back down to reality because you are truly making a fool of yourself.

Timmy!
04-24-2013, 06:53 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8hwfgTCrR1ruzdua.gif

TXBRONC
04-24-2013, 09:37 PM
I don't think they are expecting Manning to play 4 more years. I'm expecting 2 more years, and from that point forward, the plan is to move on to Brock if he's the guy that can take the reigns. Yes, Elway WANTs him to be that guy. Of course he does. If he's not the guy, Elway will do what he was willing to do with Tebow, Go and get the guy. If he's not the guy and Manning is still playing well, than Manning remains the guy.

As far as "declaring" the starting role to someone that has ZERO NFL experience. Other than the very obvious point that Manning is the starting QB .... No shit. ANYONE coming out of college football has ZERO NFL experience until they actually get NFL experience ...(see EVERY starting NFL QB for examples of this). How many franchises have given the starting role to someone that has ZERO NFL experience, at ANY position? That's a lame, and pretty ridiculous, complaint that makes ZERO sense.

No matter how much you WANT to believe your silly conspiracies make sense, you NEED to come back down to reality because you are truly making a fool of yourself.

Timmy's post says it best.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m8hwfgTCrR1ruzdua.gif

TXBRONC
04-24-2013, 09:40 PM
rav, nicely done but two can play that game.
(dont we all)

Hey genius, did Elway have experience in NFL or Denver back in 1983 the day he was traded to us?

Simple Jaded
04-24-2013, 09:57 PM
This is might be the stupidest drama ever.

Chef Zambini
04-25-2013, 09:39 AM
Hey genius, did Elway have experience in NFL or Denver back in 1983 the day he was traded to us?golly, I dunno.
did steve deberg pack his bags the day it was announced.
was mark hermann renting or did he have to sell his home?
did terry bradshaw cry himself to sleep or just kick his dog?

Thnikkaman
04-25-2013, 09:40 AM
herp a derp

Fixed it for you Zam

Chef Zambini
04-25-2013, 09:43 AM
the stones said it best,
and they never met brock.

TXBRONC
04-25-2013, 10:00 AM
[QUOTE=Chef Zambini;1939179]golly, I dunno.
did steve deberg pack his bags the day it was announced.
was mark hermann renting or did he have to sell his home?
did terry bradshaw cry himself to sleep or just kick his .

To incompetent to answer the question? Did Elway have NFL experience when he became Bronco or not?

Btw Mark Hermann was part of the trade that brought Elway. Btw Mark Hermann had no starting experience when he was traded.

Chef Zambini
04-25-2013, 10:28 AM
gosh if I had to venture a guess I would say that JFE had zero NFL experience just like every other kid coming out of college. and now you can make your point and we all will have a revelation!

Chef Zambini
04-25-2013, 10:45 AM
brock was hidden behind haine and even WEBER for most of his rookie camp !
he was NEVER exposed to top tier NFL opponents, that has ALWAYS been my point, JFE was more concerned about SHEILDING brock, then he was about exposing him to real competition for the #2 spot and working against top defensive talent.
THIS has always been my concern, WSODS can twist it all to fit their pathetic arguements but the truth is JFE was afraid to shopw us where brock is at in his development because the kid was a huge reach !
it was NOTR essential that we take brock last year with our second pick overall, he FAULS to meet JFEs own criteria of what a second pick should provide, and the worst of it will be if JFE is too stubborn or egomaniacle to actually challenge his own missed step by bringing in REAL competition for brock!
THAT would be the greater sin.
If brock is WQORETHY of the title FUTURE and HEIR apparent, lets see some of it in pre-season!
Thats all I'm askin!
any reaL BRONCO FAN WOULD want to see a glimpse of brock against top competition!
If he is hidden from view this year, like last year, then it seems pretty obvious JFE is making the greater mistake !

Chef Zambini
04-25-2013, 10:51 AM
this question will NOT be answered until we see what JFE is willing to expose brock to in pre-season !
Some of my concern would be diminished if the broncos brought in REAL competition to make brock WORK and EARN his spot as the #2 QB instead of being declared the guy , as he was last year !

MOtorboat
04-25-2013, 10:56 AM
Todays lesson on how to talk an argument in circles...

slim
04-25-2013, 10:58 AM
Lol

Chef Zambini
04-25-2013, 11:07 AM
He's a ******* backup quarterback. WTF do you want his role to be??? When you have PEYTON MANNING starting, you let him do what he does. When he started every game for 13 years in Indy, how much significant, meaningful snaps do you think his backups took?!again, for the 100th time, I am talking about PRE FREAKIN SEASON !
hello?
does all this knee-jerk hostility realy diminish everyones reading comprehension?
lets see brock on the fild playing against some first or even second string competition !
something he was deliberatly SHEILDED from last year !
WEBER did it
HAINE did it
OSWEILER did NOT !
the DENVER press called out JFE for it ! its not just me snivling, lest see the kid play !
yes, even if its just PRE_SEASON !

BroncoJoe
04-25-2013, 11:08 AM
Zam is only doing this because clearly, Brock is going to see a lot of action this preseason compared to last.

All this so he can say "I'm right", even though it is obvious this will happen.

MOtorboat
04-25-2013, 11:16 AM
Zam is only doing this because clearly, Brock is going to see a lot of action this preseason compared to last.

All this so he can say "I'm right", even though it is obvious this will happen.

Except he's only right in his own mind...

Osweiler was NEVER behind Weber in any report or depth chart, and while he was behind Haine for much of training camp, it was widely reported that Haine and Osweiler were receiving equal reps.

He was third quarterback in, in the first two preseason games and then second quarterback in for the third and fourth preseason games. And he clearly won a competition for the spot despite what some here say.

BroncoJoe
04-25-2013, 11:19 AM
Except he's only right in his own mind...

Osweiler was NEVER behind Weber in any report or depth chart, and while he was behind Haine for much of training camp, it was widely reported that Haine and Osweiler were receiving equal reps.

He was third quarterback in, in the first two preseason games and then second quarterback in for the third and fourth preseason games. And he clearly won a competition for the spot despite what some here say.

You and I realize this.... Zam is a different story all together.

Krugan
04-25-2013, 11:28 AM
I cant believe that is the argument.

Insufficient pre-season quality of opponent.

Im just not going to read this thread anymore.

Chef Zambini
04-25-2013, 11:38 AM
I hope brock is the next aaron rogers !
I hope I look like a fool for doubting him and JFE in this whole process.
I love our broncos, why would I want anything else?

I also wanted JMCD to be the new boy genius,
LELIE to be the next jerry rice.
and TEBOW to revolutionize the game !
but sometimes WANT and reality are two different things!
I aint from missouri but OS is going to have to SHOW ME that he is worthy of being proclaimed the FUTURE and the HEIR APPARENT before the kid ever took a snap, EVEN IN A PRE-SEASON GAME !

Talk is cheap, lets see what the kid can do !

Chef Zambini
04-25-2013, 11:41 AM
... and those of you who refuse to see the parralels between brock and TEBOW. the way they were selected, the way they were treated and utilized in their first season, the way the guy who picked them, defended their selection, you guys are sticking your heads in the sand !

GEM
04-25-2013, 11:46 AM
... and those of you who refuse to see the parralels between brock and TEBOW. the way they were selected, the way they were treated and utilized in their first season, the way the guy who picked them, defended their selection, you guys are sticking your heads in the sand !

And you, who seem to make a thread on a backup qb the headlining story for the past week, are ridiculous. So what's your point? Get to it already?

Brock sucks.
Elway is hiding the truth.
Brock is going to take Manning's job.
What is it?

Get to it already. And do it in one post instead of 90.

TIA.

Rick
04-25-2013, 11:48 AM
Chef, you keep going at Brock and John like that, don't be surprised if they piss in your coffee...

MOtorboat
04-25-2013, 11:56 AM

Whoa! Wait, where the **** did THIS argument come from?

I missed this before...

lol

Davii
04-25-2013, 12:00 PM
Whoa! Wait, where the **** did THIS argument come from?

I missed this before...

lol

That one is new. The argument must be refreshed from time to time otherwise people would lose interest and stop crossing the troll bridge.

BroncoJoe
04-25-2013, 12:01 PM
I cant believe that is the argument.

Insufficient pre-season quality of opponent.

Im just not going to read this thread anymore.

This.

SR
04-25-2013, 02:07 PM
brock was hidden behind haine and even WEBER for most of his rookie camp !
he was NEVER exposed to top tier NFL opponents, that has ALWAYS been my point, JFE was more concerned about SHEILDING brock, then he was about exposing him to real competition for the #2 spot and working against top defensive talent.
THIS has always been my concern, WSODS can twist it all to fit their pathetic arguements but the truth is JFE was afraid to shopw us where brock is at in his development because the kid was a huge reach !
it was NOTR essential that we take brock last year with our second pick overall, he FAULS to meet JFEs own criteria of what a second pick should provide, and the worst of it will be if JFE is too stubborn or egomaniacle to actually challenge his own missed step by bringing in REAL competition for brock!
THAT would be the greater sin.
If brock is WQORETHY of the title FUTURE and HEIR apparent, lets see some of it in pre-season!
Thats all I'm askin!
any reaL BRONCO FAN WOULD want to see a glimpse of brock against top competition!
If he is hidden from view this year, like last year, then it seems pretty obvious JFE is making the greater mistake !

I've seen dudes on meth that can form more coherent thoughts than you can.

SR
04-25-2013, 02:08 PM
again, for the 100th time, I am talking about PRE FREAKIN SEASON !
hello?
does all this knee-jerk hostility realy diminish everyones reading comprehension?
lets see brock on the fild playing against some first or even second string competition !
WEBER did it
HAINE did it
OSWEILER did NOT !
the DENVER press called out JFE for it ! its not just me snivling, lest see the kid play !
yes, even if its just PRE_SEASON !

Sweet packpedal job.

MOtorboat
04-25-2013, 02:20 PM
WEBER did it
HAINE did it
OSWEILER did NOT !

Unequivocally 100 percent false.

SR
04-25-2013, 05:49 PM
Unequivocally 100 percent false.

Yep. He played against second stringers and some first stringers in the preseason last year.

MOtorboat
04-25-2013, 05:51 PM
Yep. He played against second stringers and some first stringers in the preseason last year.

Zam seems to think Osweiler only played the fourth quarters. That was when Weber played. So, maybe, we see his conspiracy theories aren't really conspiracy theories, they are opinions based on false information.

SR
04-25-2013, 05:57 PM
Zam seems to think Osweiler only played the fourth quarters. That was when Weber played. So, maybe, we see his conspiracy theories aren't really conspiracy theories, they are opinions based on false information.

I won't ever know what it's like to have my head THAT far up my ass.

broncohead
04-25-2013, 06:10 PM
Rk Player Team Pos Comp Att Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD Int 1st 1st% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck Rate
14 Brock Osweiler DEN QB 16 33 48.5 8.2 139 4.2 34.8 1 1 7 21.2 19T 0 0 1 57.5

A simple search. And i'm pretty sure he didn't have the playbook, timing, report, and playing with guys who got limited or no regular season playing time.

broncohead
04-25-2013, 06:12 PM
Hanie had 39 attempts if it matters at all not sure about Weber cause i couldn't find his pre season stats...

Chef Zambini
04-25-2013, 10:27 PM
osweiler threw 33 passes
in a game situation last year, PRE_SEASON GAMES !
how many of those against first string competition.... ZERO !
and I dont think he EVER faced second string competition either!
who can prove me wrong?
when did he EVER see the field in the first half of ANY game?
I say ZERO !
prove me wrong or eat shit and die with shit inside you and on your face !

MOtorboat
04-25-2013, 10:32 PM
osweiler threw 33 passes
who can prove me wrong?
I say ZERO !

Well, that's telling.

Not our fault your assumptions are false.

Piece of shit, indeed.

broncohead
04-25-2013, 10:37 PM
IF i'm not mistaken Manning played the first half of all 4 preseason games. Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't there something about him wanting to get the offense going and wanting to work his neck

MOtorboat
04-25-2013, 10:38 PM
IF i'm not mistaken Manning played the first half of all 4 preseason games. Correct me if i'm wrong but wasn't there something about him wanting to get the offense going and wanting to work his neck

Correct.

Zam is wrong, but that is cool. It's not the first time. Just remember. We're the ones who should eat shit and die.

Simple Jaded
04-25-2013, 10:40 PM
This is officially the stupidest drama ever.

SR
04-25-2013, 10:45 PM
osweiler threw 33 passes
who can prove me wrong?
I say ZERO !

Your concern shouldn't be with people proving you wrong. You consistently prove yourself wrong.

SR
04-25-2013, 10:46 PM

You're somewhat wrong. He didn't play the entire first half of all four games.

MOtorboat
04-25-2013, 10:48 PM
You're somewhat wrong. He didn't play the entire first half of all four games.

Which, ultimately, has to be the dumbest "problem" Broncos fans have ever had...this is just ridiculous.

SR
04-26-2013, 08:22 AM
Which, ultimately, has to be the dumbest "problem" Broncos fans have ever had...this is just ridiculous.

Yeah. Broncos fans in general are tunring out to be a bunch of ungrateful spoiled brats. What did I do for 17 games last year? I watched one of the greatest QBs to ever play football tear defenses up week in and week out (by and large). Oh, and he was wearing a Broncos uniform. Guess what I didn't think about ONCE...the backup QB situation. Why? Because WE HAVE PEYTON MANNING TAKING SNAPS FOR US. I know for a fact when Gary Kubiak, Jeff Lewis, or Bubby Brister were backing up John Elway, no one was really worried about, or cared about how well they fared against first string talent. Why didn't they care? Because they were the backup QBs. It's so goddamn ridiculous that it's borderline maddening. Nevermind the fact that I'm sure Oz is beyond grateful that he has such a great opportunity to sit and learn from one of the best ever.

TXBRONC
04-26-2013, 08:25 AM

He didn't play at all in the 4th preseason game.

broncohead
04-29-2013, 01:23 PM
So does Brock had legitimate competition now or did Elway purposely draft players Brock can beat? hahaha

LTC Pain
04-29-2013, 01:40 PM
So, what does the Zac Dysert have to do to prove worthiness to be the Broncos 3rd string QB and who is going to start a thread to bitch about it???

Northman
04-29-2013, 01:59 PM
So does Brock had legitimate competition now or did Elway purposely draft players Brock can beat? hahaha

Oh. I got the answer to this. Its easy.

If Brock wins out vs the other back ups its because he didnt have real competition. But if by some miracle Dyset (sp?) ends up out playing Brock than Zam will do his happy dance that he actually had competition. Zam is leaving that door open trust me. :lol:

Northman
04-29-2013, 02:00 PM
So, what does the Zac Dysert have to do to prove worthiness to be the Broncos 3rd string QB and who is going to start a thread to bitch about it???

I offer my services LTC. I will go in as a walk on and make sure that Dysert has competition and that Elway hasnt put all his money on Dysert being the future. I got this shit handled yo. :)

Chef Zambini
04-29-2013, 05:34 PM
you say brock played agaionst first or second string competition?
name the game, name the quarter,
thats all I am asking.
until then your all just an angry mob, unwilling to admit to reality !
name the game!

Denver Native (Carol)
04-29-2013, 05:43 PM
thats all I am asking.
name the game!

Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster/brock-osweiler/4185fe41-eb11-43c8-b812-31a069b07176/

SR
04-29-2013, 05:45 PM
thats all I am asking.
name the game!

Uh...he played in the last game of the season after Peyton came in and threw 300+ and 3 TDs. You're worthless

MOtorboat
04-29-2013, 06:23 PM
thats all I am asking.
name the game!

He played against the second string in the third and fourth preseason games.

Now, can you tell me when Weber came into a game before Osweiler?

Denver Native (Carol)
04-29-2013, 06:29 PM
Unless I am reading the following wrong, he played in 5 regular season games.

OSWEILER AT A GLANCE:
• A rookie quarterback who finished off five Broncos victories in 2012.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster/brock-osweiler/4185fe41-eb11-43c8-b812-31a069b07176/

LTC Pain
04-29-2013, 07:01 PM
I offer my services LTC. I will go in as a walk on and make sure that Dysert has competition and that Elway hasnt put all his money on Dysert being the future. I got this shit handled yo. :)

Sold :):):)

Chef Zambini
04-29-2013, 07:40 PM
Ronnie Hillman rush to the left for 1 yard to the Den21. Tackled by Kendall Hunter. 12:19 3rd Den 2nd & 9 at Den21 Brock Osweiler incomplete pass to the right intended for Cornelius Ingram. 12:14 3rd Den 3rd & 9 at Den21 Brock Osweiler incomplete pass to the left intended for Matthew Willis. 12:09 3rd Den 4th & 9 at SF33 Britton Colquitt punts for 53 yards to SF26. Kyle Williams return for 7 yards to SF33. Tackled by Rafael Bush.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/gameflash/2012/08/26/5187/index.html#ixzz2Ru1xDIIY

SR
04-29-2013, 07:42 PM
What the **** are you talking about? Three people answered your question. What now?

Chef Zambini
04-29-2013, 07:43 PM
Ronnie Hillman rush to the left for 7 yards to the Den27. Tackled by Ian Williams. 7:26 3rd Den 2nd & 3 at Den23 Ronnie Hillman rush up the middle for a loss of 4 yards to the Den23. Tackled by Kenny Rowe. 6:50 3rd Den 3rd & 7 at Den31 Brock Osweiler pass to the right to Andre Caldwell for 8 yards to the Den31. Tackled by Tramaine Brock. 6:14 3rd Den 1st & 10 at Den33 Ronnie Hillman rush to the right for 2 yards to the Den33. Tackled by Kendall Hunter. 5:45 3rd Den 2nd & 8 at Den37 Brock Osweiler pass to the right to Ronnie Hillman for 4 yards to the Den37. Tackled by Ian Williams. 5:21 3rd Den 3rd & 4 at Den27 Penalty: Holding on Denver -10 yards. 4:58 3rd Den 3rd & 14 at Den27 Brock Osweiler incomplete pass to the right intended for Greg Orton. 4:51 3rd Den 4th & 14 at SF29 Britton

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/gameflash/2012/08/26/5187/index.html#ixzz2Ru2ZMW58

broncohead
04-29-2013, 07:47 PM
We have Dysert and Katz (UDFA). So 2 more QBs

Npba900
04-29-2013, 07:48 PM

Couldn't agree more. Brock has to become a film rat to learn how to read defenses, listen Manning, find WR's who will run endless routes to sharpen his accuracy and recite the entire playbook during the off-season, and be the last to leave the training facility (perhaps just take Sunday's off) from now until the end of the preseason. Then repeat the same process in his 3rd and or 4th year and he should be the heir apparent franchise QB for the Broncos.

I think if Brock is willing to do put in the hard work and over-time as stated above over the 2-3 years he greatly increases his changes of replacing Manning when he retires or with another NFL team.

turftoad
04-29-2013, 07:49 PM
Ronnie Hillman rush to the left for 7 yards to the Den27. Tackled by Ian Williams. 7:26 3rd Den 2nd & 3 at Den23 Ronnie Hillman rush up the middle for a loss of 4 yards to the Den23. Tackled by Kenny Rowe. 6:50 3rd Den 3rd & 7 at Den31 Brock Osweiler pass to the right to Andre Caldwell for 8 yards to the Den31. Tackled by Tramaine Brock. 6:14 3rd Den 1st & 10 at Den33 Ronnie Hillman rush to the right for 2 yards to the Den33. Tackled by Kendall Hunter. 5:45 3rd Den 2nd & 8 at Den37 Brock Osweiler pass to the right to Ronnie Hillman for 4 yards to the Den37. Tackled by Ian Williams. 5:21 3rd Den 3rd & 4 at Den27 Penalty: Holding on Denver -10 yards. 4:58 3rd Den 3rd & 14 at Den27 Brock Osweiler incomplete pass to the right intended for Greg Orton. 4:51 3rd Den 4th & 14 at SF29 Britton

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/gameflash/2012/08/26/5187/index.html#ixzz2Ru2ZMW58

Zam, if Brock is that bad then Dysert should beat him out. Gonna be a hell of a battle for a backup spot. ;)

Chef Zambini
04-29-2013, 07:50 PM
and now the stat line for the AZ game.

Passing Leaders

DEN

C/ATT

YDS

AVG

TD

INT

SACKS

Hanie

7/13

5-28

Weber

2/4

0-0
osweiler, squat !!!
try again mo you lying sacvk of festering dog puss !
OSWEWILER hidden from view. JFE was afraid s to show us how unworthy brock was of a second pick in a vital draft, a wasted opportunity!
now a kid chosen in the 6th round is going to out[perform the heir apparent! brock was a huge personal reach by JFE, he made a mistake and soon he too will have to accept the reality !
let the competition begin !
bvrock will NEVER start an NFL regular season game!
EVER !

Chef Zambini
04-29-2013, 07:52 PM
did you guys miss me?

MOtorboat
04-29-2013, 07:52 PM
LMAO!

Zam just proved himself wrong.

Kendall Hunter, Ian Williams and Tramaine Brock, three players mentioned with tackles in that game against San Francisco, are second-string.

Good job Zam! :clap2:

MOtorboat
04-29-2013, 07:53 PM
Now, Zam, please answer the question...

When did Adam Weber go into any game before Brock Osweiler?

SR
04-29-2013, 07:54 PM
and now the stat line for the AZ game.

Passing Leaders

DEN

C/ATT

YDS

AVG

TD

INT

SACKS

Hanie

7/13

5-28

Weber

2/4

0-0
osweiler, squat !!!
try again mo you lying sacvk of festering dog puss !
OSWEWILER hidden from view. JFE was afraid s to show us how unworthy brock was of a second pick in a vital draft, a wasted opportunity!
now a kid chosen in the 6th round is going to out[perform the heir apparent! brock was a huge personal reach by JFE, he made a mistake and soon he too will have to accept the reality !
let the competition begin !
bvrock will NEVER start an NFL regular season game!
EVER !

Goddamn you're clueless

Chef Zambini
04-29-2013, 07:57 PM
At least I post honest info. and those guys were not second string unit members until after the regular season! great perpormnce by brock thou completing passes i could make behind my back !
he wont ever be the bronco starter, the sooner JFE admits his mistake the better our broncos will be in the future! JFE was an ASS to call, brock the future before he ever even put an NFL uniform on !
yes, an ass, gope he copmes to his senses and reality !

MOtorboat
04-29-2013, 07:58 PM
At least I post honest info. and those guys were not second string unit members until after the regular season! great perpormnce by brock thou completing passes i could make behind my back !
he wont ever be the bronco starter, the sooner JFE admits his mistake the better our broncos will be in the future! JFE was an ASS to call, brock the future before he ever even put an NFL uniform on !

So, when did Adam Weber go into a game before Brock Osweiler?

MOtorboat
04-29-2013, 07:59 PM
At least I post honest info. and those guys were not second string unit members until after the regular season!

Incorrect.

Wait...honesty?

MOtorboat
04-29-2013, 08:08 PM

:cricket:

SR
04-29-2013, 08:08 PM

Hey bro. Not sure if you heard or not but the Broncos signed Peyton Manning a year ago.

Chef Zambini
04-29-2013, 08:19 PM
your sister smells like soup

MOtorboat
04-29-2013, 08:27 PM
WEBER did it
HAINE did it
OSWEILER did NOT !

Come on, Zam...answer the question...

Timmy!
04-29-2013, 08:39 PM
http://global3.memecdn.com/retard-kid_o_157311.jpg

Denver Native (Carol)
04-29-2013, 08:42 PM
Maybe I am confused, but didn't TB sign Weber last year?

Yes they did - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/09/01/adam-weber-join-tampa-bay-practice-squad/15316/

MOtorboat
04-29-2013, 08:45 PM
Maybe I am confused, but didn't TB sign Weber last year?

Yes they did - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/09/01/adam-weber-join-tampa-bay-practice-squad/15316/

After Denver cut him because Osweiler WON the job.

SR
04-29-2013, 08:51 PM
your sister smells like soup

Lmao. Third grade called...they want their joke back.

Jsteve01
04-29-2013, 11:09 PM
i thought it was funny

Jsteve01
04-29-2013, 11:09 PM
but then I used to work with third graders

TXBRONC
04-30-2013, 07:11 AM
but then I used to work with third graders

My wife currently works with special needs 3rd graders and they were pissed when they found out Zam stole their joke.

SR
04-30-2013, 07:43 AM
My wife currently works with special needs 3rd graders and they were pissed when they found out Zam stole their joke.

Hilarious!

Chef Zambini
04-30-2013, 10:28 AM
Lmao. Third grade called...they want their joke back.

I alpha- bet they do.
tell the kids they dont own a joke, see henny youngman for details, cross referance milton berle and jeff foxworthy.
"she smelled like soup" is from a movie.

SR
04-30-2013, 10:35 AM
I don't really care where it's from. The fact that you used it makes it dumb.

Chef Zambini
04-30-2013, 10:47 AM
thanks for re-inforcing my theories on the BOR and CCO posters.
an admission of knee-jerk reaction.

SR
04-30-2013, 10:50 AM
Your fancy, meaningless acronyms are dumb.

MOtorboat
04-30-2013, 11:14 AM
thanks for re-inforcing my theories on the BOR and CCO posters.
an admission of knee-jerk reaction.

Have you come up with an answer to the question Mr. Honesty?

Chef Zambini
04-30-2013, 03:22 PM
what question is that?

Ravage!!!
04-30-2013, 03:29 PM
what question is that?

Another one you can't answer so you avoid.... question.

MOtorboat
04-30-2013, 03:32 PM
what question is that?

You claimed in your, as we now found out wrong, rant that Hanie and Weber saw time against first and second string players, but Osweiler did not.

Can you tell me when Weber entered a game before Osweiler?

Slick
04-30-2013, 03:46 PM
I think it is legit to question whether or not we should have drafted Brock, or tried to get a guy who could help Peyton and the team right away. 2nd round picks are important. I'm with you there Zam.

Where you lose me is when you think Elway is coddling Brock, or tying to hide him from us, or gifting him a spot on the team. Obviously, John thought he was worth the pick or he wouldn't have drafted him. If he was wrong about Brock then he was wrong. I think you're making way to big of a deal about it.

Ravage!!!
04-30-2013, 06:07 PM
I think it is legit to question whether or not we should have drafted Brock, or tried to get a guy who could help Peyton and the team right away. 2nd round picks are important. I'm with you there Zam.

It was insurance. When getting Peyton, there were a ton of questions that had not been answered yet, and they were still being asked after the Atlanta game. If Manning didn't make it through the season, or even past the first season, I think Elway was smart to have a Plan B already on file. Did you see the QB class this year?

Would you have wanted to go into THIS draft in NEED of a QB?? If we did, do you think we would have gotten one better than Os? Not me. I think we got the best QB of THIS year's draft...last year.

MOtorboat
04-30-2013, 06:16 PM
It was insurance. When getting Peyton, there were a ton of questions that had not been answered yet, and they were still being asked after the Atlanta game. If Manning didn't make it through the season, or even past the first season, I think Elway was smart to have a Plan B already on file. Did you see the QB class this year?

Would you have wanted to go into THIS draft in NEED of a QB?? If we did, do you think we would have gotten one better than Os? Not me. I think we got the best QB of THIS year's draft...last year.

I'm 100 percent positive he chose a quarterback to groom last year, because this years class is weak. Zam's argument doesn't account for that.

MOtorboat
04-30-2013, 07:22 PM
what question is that?

Can you tell me when Weber entered a game before Osweiler?

SR
04-30-2013, 07:39 PM

You're never going to get an answer because all he knows how to do is make wild claims and fruitless accusations. Real stats are not of his ability.

chazoe60
04-30-2013, 08:08 PM
Why is Elway fixated on drafting QBs whose first names end with the letter "K"?