PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning wants an 'uncomfortable atmosphere'

Denver Native (Carol)
04-15-2013, 08:18 PM
Peyton Manning's debut season with the Denver Broncos was perfect in almost every way ... except how it ended.

A stunning 38-35 double overtime loss to the Baltimore Ravens in the divisional playoffs still sticks with the team, and Manning called the setback "a motivating factor" as voluntary workouts kicked off Monday.

"I know that (executive vice president of football operations) John Elway wants to sort of set kind of an attitude and an edge around here -- maybe a little bit of an uncomfortable atmosphere -- which I believe in," Manning said.

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000159997/article/peyton-manning-wants-an-uncomfortable-atmosphere

Chef Zambini
04-16-2013, 01:19 AM
... meanwhile brock O is comfortable knowing the job is his when PFM retires!
GFYSZB.

Dapper Dan
04-16-2013, 02:28 AM
The locker room will be an awkward atmosphere if a player comes out of the closet.

Jsteve01
04-16-2013, 08:44 AM
Zam, I consider you a friend. I like you. I think you're rather eccentric, but damn man. I don't even know where you come up with this stuff some time. Oz wasn't invited to Duke, but it's been confirmed that he was working out with qb coaches. Not his fault that the Duke trip was an invite only party. Noel Mazzone is considered a qb guru and Os was spending time with him but that aint good enough for you? What gives?

Jsteve01
04-16-2013, 08:45 AM
Athletes'Performance ‏@APcoach 12 Apr
We added new photos of QBs @cponder7 & @BrockOsweiler training at APAZ in our 2013 NFL Offseason Training album: http://on.fb.me/YfcMX8
Retweeted by Brock Osweiler

Chef Zambini
04-16-2013, 10:18 AM
I want Os to COMPETE for HIS future role and that makes me a villan.

I share a bond with EVERY bronco fan.
I may not share their opinion or allow myself the same BLIND FAITH.
I have only seen limited views of osweiler on the field, almost nothing of him in a bronco uniform.
forgive me for wanting to be convinced that this guy is our future, when it doesnt APPEAR to me that he has done anything to actually EARN that role, other than be drafted and be declared as much from a man I love and respect, but seems to be reacting in a defensive posture.

its kind of like ashley lelie.
picked way too high for his skill level, and shanny and the broncos wasted 3 years trying to justify the selection
of a one trick pony.
... and what did ashley accomplish once he left the broncos and nobody had a personal commitment resting on his success?

OS is noit just another WR, he is going to be handed the keys to the team!
excuse me for wanting more than VERBAL assurances, I want to see performance on the field, i want to see him outshine all others, I want him to COMPETE and contend for the job!
releasing weber and demoting haine is not my idea of WINNING the job !
so sue me !

Chef Zambini
04-16-2013, 10:21 AM
.. as for the off season work-outs, see tim tebow for my response to that!
work out schmerk-out, show me you can play on sunday against top tier NFL competition !

claymore
04-16-2013, 10:33 AM
This is an unrelated quote but on the same level I believe. I love how PFM put the onus back on Caldwell.

“I’m excited to see Bubba’s competitive attitude,” Manning said, calling Caldwell by his nickname. “I hope he’s able to turn that into a productive offseason and has a good season for us this year.”
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/15/broncos-andre-caldwell-upset-peyton-didnt-invite-him-to-play/

Davii
04-16-2013, 10:49 AM
.. as for the off season work-outs, see tim tebow for my response to that!
work out schmerk-out, show me you can play on sunday against top tier NFL competition !

Only a fool would think Os is not "competing" for the job. You don't think that every rep is scrutinized, his footwork scrutinized, etc etc? He has eyes on him all the time when at Dove Valley or elsewhere, one pair of those belonging to a HOF QB.

If he doesn't look up to the task to the people who know what the hell they're doing then you'll see a different direction. Until then, how about you give credit where it's due and realize that we have gone from being a bottom feeding gutter team to a real contender in two seasons.

I think Elway and the other decision makers deserve more respect, they've proven to this point they know what they're doing. You have proven you know how to complain....

weazel
04-16-2013, 10:51 AM
The locker room will be an awkward atmosphere if a player comes out of the closet.

I would have to think the players already know who the gay players are and dont give a shit either way. I think it's about time people get over the whole gay thing, its pretty tired.

Chef Zambini
04-16-2013, 11:40 AM
if there is a gay player, isnt it better for him to come while he is in the closet instead of coming out of the closet in plain view of his temmates?
and where exactly is this closet? dont all players have open lockers?

slim
04-16-2013, 11:43 AM
I would have to think the players already know who the gay players are and dont give a shit either way. I think it's about time people get over the whole gay thing, its pretty tired.

Some of them may not care, but I can promise you that some of them do.

Chef Zambini
04-16-2013, 12:03 PM
Only a fool would think Os is not "competing" for the job. You don't think that every rep is scrutinized, his footwork scrutinized, etc etc? He has eyes on him all the time when at Dove Valley or elsewhere, one pair of those belonging to a HOF QB.

If he doesn't look up to the task to the people who know what the hell they're doing then you'll see a different direction. Until then, how about you give credit where it's due and realize that we have gone from being a bottom feeding gutter team to a real contender in two seasons.

I think Elway and the other decision makers deserve more respect, they've proven to this point they know what they're doing. You have proven you know how to complain....

your confidense in JFE is justified, 100%
but last years success has nothing to do with brock osweiler.

JFE used our second pick of the draft on brock, and then fired the gm after the draft.
first alarm.
then JFE takes a very defensive posture about the pick when questioned and admits,
';sometimes you have to sacrifice the present for the future BROCK is our FUTURE !
this to me was an unwarranted commitment to brock, not justified by PERFORMANCE, but yet another example of JFEs defiant, defensive commitment!
second alarm sounds.
in training camp, reviews are great for WEBER, haine looks aweful, yet listed as #2 QB.
reporters grill JFE, why dont we see more of WEBER with first string?
why is brock listed as #3 especially when the #2 is playing like shit?
Suddenly WEBER is released and brock is ANNOUNCED as the #2 when he hasnt even played a meaningful minute in a pre-season game?
sound the alarms, osweiler is being handed the job !

thats my perpective,
JFE is to "invested" in brock !
and until I see brock perform on the field against real NFL competition, I remain sceptical and concerned.
and thoise of you who hope to be alive in 2015 should be concerned too!

claymore
04-16-2013, 01:12 PM
Some of them may not care, but I can promise you that some of them do.

I would say more care than not. Its not PC, but IMO its the truth. Its one thing to work or drink or socialize with someone who has Gay. Its another to shower, live, sweat and workout with one.

slim
04-16-2013, 01:13 PM
I would say more care than not. Its not PC, but IMO its the truth. Its one thing to work or drink or socialize with someone who has Gay. Its another to shower, live, sweat and workout with one.

There is a reason none of them have tried to come out of the closet before. They know what the reaction will be (right or wrong).

Davii
04-16-2013, 01:14 PM
your confidense in JFE is justified, 100%
but last years success has nothing to do with brock osweiler.

JFE used our second pick of the draft on brock, and then fired the gm after the draft.
first alarm.
then JFE takes a very defensive posture about the pick when questioned and admits,
';sometimes you have to sacrifice the present for the future BROCK is our FUTURE !
this to me was an unwarranted commitment to brock, not justified by PERFORMANCE, but yet another example of JFEs defiant, defensive commitment!
second alarm sounds.
in training camp, reviews are great for WEBER, haine looks aweful, yet listed as #2 QB.
reporters grill JFE, why dont we see more of WEBER with first string?
why is brock listed as #3 especially when the #2 is playing like shit?
Suddenly WEBER is released and brock is ANNOUNCED as the #2 when he hasnt even played a meaningful minute in a pre-season game?
sound the alarms, osweiler is being handed the job !

thats my perpective,
JFE is to "invested" in brock !
and until I see brock perform on the field against real NFL competition, I remain sceptical and concerned.
and thoise of you who hope to be alive in 2015 should be concerned too!

Give me a ******* break.

claymore
04-16-2013, 01:18 PM
There is a reason none of them have tried to come out of the closet before. They know what the reaction will be (right or wrong).

Exactly.

weazel
04-16-2013, 04:35 PM

I just laughed so hard I spit water all over the place!

Then again, maybe I have the gay and it wasn't water :shocked:

Ravage!!!
04-16-2013, 04:38 PM

Is it?

TXBRONC
04-16-2013, 04:44 PM

What would a Hall of Fame quarterback, with League MVP and Super Bowl MVP and two Super Bowl titles know about evaluting quarterbacks?

Dapper Dan
04-16-2013, 04:55 PM

I'm not going to bash someone for naturally feeling awkward being next to a gay dude in the shower. You don't have to give a shit either way. But if it's a natural feeling, there's not much you can do about it. If people could be around anyone naked or half naked without being awkward, we wouldn't have separate-but-equal showers and restrooms. Which is crap, because the women's restrooms almost always smell better.

Ravage!!!
04-16-2013, 04:56 PM
What would a Hall of Fame quarterback, with League MVP and Super Bowl MVP and two Super Bowl titles know about evaluting quarterbacks?

The funny thing is, that it doesn't even matter if Brock IS the future at this point. Elway isn't "tied" to the success of Osweiler, and just because John had positive comments about Os being the future of this team, doesn't mean he's "committed" himself to sticking with Os if/when the time comes. John drafted plan "B" at the right time after signing Manning. Having and GIVING confidence to Os at this/that time is absolutelyt he RIGHT thing to have and say. WHy wouldn't he? Why wouldn't he give and have allllll the confidence in the world to Os? Why wouldn't he put Os at the #2 spot so that he gets the MOST amount of reps available at practice? There are 10s of QBs throughout the league every year that get their position based on their draft position, and Os is no different. When the time comes, and matters the most, Elway will be sure he's ready. If he's not, Elway will take steps to replace him....... just as he did Tebow.

Zam is just being stupid. He's like the kicked puppy on the street. Some attention is better than no attention, and he he knows this gets him his negative attention and responses that he craves.

Chef Zambini
04-16-2013, 05:41 PM
elway had no investment in the tebow selection.
lets ignore that os was elways son's roomate.
lets ignore that JFE hand picked OS
lets ignore that JFE fired the GM just hours after the draft
lets ignore elways comments about sacrificing the present.
lets ignore all the signs.
JFE has no vested interest in brock whatsoever !
elway will probably draft a QB in the first 4 rounds and even bring in a vet he is so unattached to osweiler.
I am sure JFE calls anyone and everone the "FUTURE" of the franchise!
brock / scmock, who caRES, HE MEANS NOTHING TO THE BRONCOS AND ELWAY.

Chef Zambini
04-16-2013, 05:45 PM
The funny thing is, that it doesn't even matter if Brock IS the future at this point. Elway isn't "tied" to the success of Osweiler, and just because John had positive comments about Os being the future of this team, doesn't mean he's "committed" himself to sticking with Os if/when the time comes. John drafted plan "B" at the right time after signing Manning. Having and GIVING confidence to Os at this/that time is absolutelyt he RIGHT thing to have and say. WHy wouldn't he? Why wouldn't he give and have allllll the confidence in the world to Os? Why wouldn't he put Os at the #2 spot so that he gets the MOST amount of reps available at practice? There are 10s of QBs throughout the league every year that get their position based on their draft position, and Os is no different. When the time comes, and matters the most, Elway will be sure he's ready. If he's not, Elway will take steps to replace him....... just as he did Tebow.

Zam is just being stupid. He's like the kicked puppy on the street. Some attention is better than no attention, and he he knows this gets him his negative attention and responses that he craves. rav, what a shame JFEs comments and behavior, and the path Os has taken, are contrary to most of what you posted.

dogfish
04-16-2013, 05:47 PM
Peyton Manning wants an 'uncomfortable atmosphere

you mean, like the backseat of a volkswagen?

Davii
04-16-2013, 05:49 PM
elway had no investment in the tebow selection.
lets ignore that os was elways son's roomate.
lets ignore that JFE hand picked OS
lets ignore that JFE fired the GM just hours after the draft
lets ignore elways comments about sacrificing the present.
lets ignore all the signs.
JFE has no vested interest in brock whatsoever !
elway will probably draft a QB in the first 4 rounds and even bring in a vet he is so unattached to osweiler.
I am sure JFE calls anyone and everone the "FUTURE" of the franchise!
brock / scmock, who caRES, HE MEANS NOTHING TO THE BRONCOS AND ELWAY.

So you're angry at Elway for spending the second pick in the second round on Osweiler, especially with "all our needs", yet you want him to draft another qb "in the first four rounds"?

Makes total sense....

:wacko:

Chef Zambini
04-16-2013, 06:15 PM
yes, please show me where i suggested we drfat another QB in the first 5 rounds of this years draft.
make shit up, whatever it takes!
all I have ever said is if BO is our future lets see him demonstrate it on the field against meningful competition, lets bsee hi compete for his job.
brock was declared the future(now we want to discount that? )
all I am asking is for a glimpse of the future.
all of you, like elway, are apparently very defensive of that prospect.
you chastize me for worrying about a guy that does not matter, yet now say its inapropriate to question using our second pick on a guy who means nothing?
and you guys acuse me of talking out of both sides of my mouth?
was it essentiasl for JFE to select osweiler?
does osweiler justify that SACRIFICE?
if so, why not show us the justification?
between last years draft and when PFM retires, there will be at least a DOZEN QB options in the draft and COUNTLESS free agent QBs available, why waste a pick on a QB, let alone brock the QB?
what makes brock so special?
who has that answer?
if brock is the next aaron rogers, bravo elway and shame on me.
what are the odds brock is the next rogers?
that would be the ONLY reason for wasting a pick during the PFM window on a guy who we hope will NEVER see the field while PFM is healthy !
If any of you give a shit about the broncos afer 2014 you should be eager to see brock perform too !
but instead you have convinced yourselves that our second pick in the draft does not matter!
lets see how you feel about this years second pick !
who cares?

Chef Zambini
04-16-2013, 06:17 PM
I am not angry at elway, I am dissapointed.

slim
04-16-2013, 06:44 PM
all I have ever said is if BO is our future lets see him demonstrate it on the field against meningful competition, lets bsee hi compete for his job.
brock was declared the future(now we want to discount that? )
all I am asking is for a glimpse of the future.

So you think Brock should have played last year instead of Peyton? Seems legit.

Chef Zambini
04-16-2013, 08:31 PM
yes, we should sit PFM in favor of brock, thats exactly what I said. the arguements just get more brilliant by the minute.

Davii
04-16-2013, 08:33 PM
yes, we should sit PFM in favor of brock, thats exactly what I said. the arguements just get more brilliant by the minute.

WelKOME too owr WORLd!!!111!

broncohead
04-16-2013, 08:40 PM
Elway doesn't have to prove anything to anyone. Neither does Os and unless we are dominating a team its possible Os will only throw a couple times like last season. Also until Elway says "Brock is our starter" then he is just the #2 QB

dogfish
04-16-2013, 10:33 PM
we should've traded for carson palmer, so he could push os in pre-season games. . .

:defense:

Simple Jaded
04-17-2013, 12:23 AM
we should've traded for carson palmer, so he could push os in pre-season games. . .

:defense:

Why trade for Palmer to push Osweiler when they coulda traded for Flynn to start?