PDA

View Full Version : Congratulation to Jay: 2,000 yards and 10 touchdowns on the year.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-19-2007, 11:33 PM
Way to go Jay!

broncosfanscott
11-19-2007, 11:55 PM
The more I see of this kid I am so freaking stocked that he is on our team.

TXBRONC
11-19-2007, 11:57 PM
He has 11 touchdowns on the year.

Tned
11-20-2007, 12:14 AM

And starting to move that TD to INT ratio in the right direction.

Requiem / The Dagda
11-20-2007, 12:59 AM

It was a generalization referring to milestones.

Watchthemiddle
11-20-2007, 01:02 AM
It was a generalization referring to milestones. There's no need to stalk and nit-pick all my posts. Find something else better to do.

Touchy??

Anyway...10,11,12..he is playing well.

Broncos Mtnman
11-20-2007, 01:54 AM
It was a generalization referring to milestones.

It sure didn't look like it.

Chill out.

BigBroncLove
11-20-2007, 02:08 AM
Anyone see the inevitable comparison of Cutler to Elway first fifteen games on Sportscenter after the game?

Now I put little stock in such numbers, and I do not think any such comparison is proper, however the numebrs were really telling. Cutler lead in every single catagory over Elway, interceptions excluded (Elway had 20 interceptions in his first 15 games). Now I feel Cutler has a much better supporting cast around him on offense, which helps, however even given some of his struggles through the year (such as the fact this was his first interception free gmae this year... Wooohoooo :beer:) it shows how polished he is in this first full season.

Lets hope he can continue to build off of this, and so can the offensive line, both of which played a steller game.

TXBRONC
11-20-2007, 07:40 AM
And starting to move that TD to INT ratio in the right direction.

You know his career numbers so fa are 20 touchdowns and nine interceptions.

omac
11-20-2007, 07:49 AM

Well, 14 ints. Probably misread the stats line. :cheers:

Still, it could be much worse; still ahead of Elway's numbers at this stage, I think. Easily better than Vince Young, Matt Leinart, and definitely better than Alex Smith's. I wonder why so many people always say it's gonna be a breakout year for the Niners and Alex Smith? It's like the vogue thing to say at the start of the season.

TXBRONC
11-20-2007, 08:11 AM
Well, 14 ints. Probably misread the stats line. :cheers:

Still, it could be much worse; still ahead of Elway's numbers at this stage, I think. Easily better than Vince Young, Matt Leinart, and definitely better than Alex Smith's. I wonder why so many people always say it's gonna be a breakout year for the Niners and Alex Smith? It's like the vogue thing to say at the start of the season.

No I just miscounted I was doing it on my fingers and toes.

Tned
11-20-2007, 08:34 AM
No I just miscounted I was doing it on my fingers and toes.

Yea, I thought it might be a little low, since I thought he had 9 this year. ;)

Mike
11-20-2007, 08:56 AM
Now I feel Cutler has a much better supporting cast around him on offense, which helps, however even given some of his struggles through the year (such as the fact this was his first interception free gmae this year... Wooohoooo :beer:) it shows how polished he is in this first full season.

Lets hope he can continue to build off of this, and so can the offensive line, both of which played a steller game.

I don't think he threw any INTs against Green Bay or Detriot. I could be wrong though.

silkamilkamonico
11-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Cutler didn't throw an interception against GB or Detroit.

He does in fact have 3 games this year without throwing an interception.

champbronc2
11-20-2007, 02:36 PM
The more I see of this kid I am so freaking stocked that he is on our team.

I know! He is doing so great!

I just see this guy as a playmaker.

Next John Elway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stargazer
11-21-2007, 02:36 AM
With 6 games left it's possible to hit the 3,000 yards passing and 15 TD's in his first full season as a starter. Not bad for a young QB.

:salute:

SR
11-21-2007, 02:56 AM
With 6 games left it's possible to hit the 3,000 yards passing and 15 TD's in his first full season as a starter. Not bad for a young QB.

I think he'll eclpise 3k yards and get pretty close to 20 TDs.

Your sig makes me want to throw up.

BroncoBJ
11-21-2007, 06:44 AM
He has 2082 passing yards this year. Not 2000. :lol:

But yea I knew what you meant.

He is having a quality year and its going to be nice after this week because he will have played 16 games and hopefully will have a .500 record.

Then we can look at his first 16 games. They are pretty impressive IMO. He hasn't looked like a superstar this year but he has looked pretty good with an INT here and there. But the thing I love the most about him is it seems like after every INT he throws on the next series he marches us right down the field for a TD and makes up for it.
I love watching him move the chains and hopefully he will become Elite.

He should have a 3000 yard year IMO.

I'm thinking 3000 plus yards.
18-25 Tds
11-15 Ints

Hopefully he leads us to a playoff berth. :elefant:

TXBRONC
11-21-2007, 07:48 AM
He has 2082 passing yards this year. Not 2000. :lol:

But yea I knew what you meant.

He is having a quality year and its going to be nice after this week because he will have played 16 games and hopefully will have a .500 record.

Then we can look at his first 16 games. They are pretty impressive IMO. He hasn't looked like a superstar this year but he has looked pretty good with an INT here and there. But the thing I love the most about him is it seems like after every INT he throws on the next series he marches us right down the field for a TD and makes up for it.
I love watching him move the chains and hopefully he will become Elite.

He should have a 3000 yard year IMO.

I'm thinking 3000 plus yards.
18-25 Tds
11-15 Ints

Hopefully he leads us to a playoff berth. :elefant:

25 touchdowns might be a little to high on the top end of the range, but 20 is probably doable.

broncosfanscott
11-21-2007, 09:21 PM

I think he is capable of reaching both of those marks and maybe even 20 TDs. This would be a nice year as a full-time starter considering everything our team has gone through.

DenBronx
11-21-2007, 09:59 PM

I love that part....what I want to see him build on though is his wins/loss column. To me that's more important. When they had showed they stats comparison to Youngs last week, Cutler greatly outshined Young. However when they flashed the wins vs losses I got a little disturbed.

Cutler 7 wins vs 8 losses
Yound I think has 13 wins vs 6 losses

Plummer wasnt a stat guru here. In fact I think he would have lost the games Cutler lost since last Thanksgiving till this one but he did have a great win to loss ratio while here in Denver. I know Cutler will exceed that in due time but to me wins vs losses is the most important stat a QB can have.

DenBronx
11-21-2007, 10:03 PM
i hate typing in the dark.

can we get a spell check on the tool bar?

Lonestar
11-22-2007, 12:16 AM
i hate typing in the dark.

can we get a spell check on the tool bar?

It is the little ABC thingy above the smiles

Tned
11-22-2007, 12:25 AM
It is the little ABC thingy above the smiles

The other option is to install the google toolbar. There is a spell check on the google tool bar.

TXBRONC
11-22-2007, 10:55 AM
I love that part....what I want to see him build on though is his wins/loss column. To me that's more important. When they had showed they stats comparison to Youngs last week, Cutler greatly outshined Young. However when they flashed the wins vs losses I got a little disturbed.

Cutler 7 wins vs 8 losses
Yound I think has 13 wins vs 6 losses

Plummer wasnt a stat guru here. In fact I think he would have lost the games Cutler lost since last Thanksgiving till this one but he did have a great win to loss ratio while here in Denver. I know Cutler will exceed that in due time but to me wins vs losses is the most important stat a QB can have.

Young has played more games with team that has been healthier, and has a better defense.

He's also not asked to win games for the Titans they rely on solid defense and a solid run game.

arapaho2
11-22-2007, 12:54 PM
well he's the future and doing well for his age, despite the lack of help he is getting from some questionable coaching, injuries, and a pourous defense

and i would preferr to have everyone quit calling him the next elway !!!

he is the first JAY CUTLER!!!