PDA

View Full Version : Andre Caldwell Tweet about not being invited to Duke:

camdisco24
04-12-2013, 04:23 PM
Just saw this tweet come through... Totally forgot he was even on our team. (oops...)

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj29/camdisco24/andretweet_zps4f7e38bc.jpg

Lancane
04-12-2013, 04:27 PM
Just saw this tweet come through... Totally forgot he was even on our team. (oops...)

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj29/camdisco24/andretweet_zps4f7e38bc.jpg

Hopefully he can work his way up in our offense, but he's got some serious competition to beat out.

I would take it personal as well, after all...if Thomas or Decker go down, then Caldwell will be in the lineup and Manning will have to connect with him on the field, being shunned by your quarterback can cause some problems I would prefer this team not to have, in the locker room or on the field.

Poet
04-12-2013, 04:28 PM
He has no ability as a WR. Cincinnati drafted him for his speed and acceleration. Cincinnati cut him because his speed and acceleration doesn't show up when he's playing. His days in the NFL aren't done, but he's nothing more or less than WR number 4-6.

slim
04-12-2013, 04:29 PM
It seems they only invited the starting WRs.

Better luck next year, Andre!

Ravage!!!
04-12-2013, 04:29 PM
I can see and understand why he would take it personally. I don't like him tweeting it, as I think it needs to be kept in house. But some people only know how to show discontent by being passive aggressive.

Joel
04-12-2013, 04:30 PM
Peyton and Eil each brought three, right? It's pretty obvious who Denvers top three receivers are, and there's a big drop from them to the others. Peyton brought the best; maybe instead of taking that personally (never wise) Caldwell should try outperforming Thomas, Decker or Welker. There are only so many ways two QBs and one coach can split reps before it ceases to benefit anyone, so they maximized finite resources.

slim
04-12-2013, 04:31 PM
I can see and understand why he would take it personally. I don't like him tweeting it, as I think it needs to be kept in house. But some people only know how to show discontent by being passive aggressive.

Are you using the traditional definition of passive aggressive or MO's definition?

Timmy!
04-12-2013, 04:32 PM
:lol:

Ravage!!!
04-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Are you using the traditional definition of passive aggressive or MO's definition?

:lol: God I'm afraid to ask what MO's definition is......

BroncoWave
04-12-2013, 04:45 PM
He should be more worried about actually making the team this season. I see us drafting a WR to challenge him for that spot.

camdisco24
04-12-2013, 04:52 PM
He should be more worried about actually making the team this season. I see us drafting a WR to challenge him for that spot.

I agree. I think he has a long road ahead of him. Very little upside to him at this point. He is kind of past the development stage...

Krugan
04-12-2013, 05:11 PM
My thought is he is taking it as a wake up call, hence the #motivation.

Context in a text is a bitch.

Ravage!!!
04-12-2013, 05:14 PM
My thought is he is taking it as a wake up call, hence the #motivation.

Context in a text is a bitch.

I think he obviously knows he's on the outside, and thus really fighting for a job. Probably another reason as to why he is upset that he's NOT being involved, as that kind of workout with the guys would give him more of an advantage as well as get that much more timing with Manning so that he IS someone the coaches want to keep.

ShaneFalco
04-12-2013, 06:34 PM
cut this guy bring in TO

Poet
04-12-2013, 06:46 PM
cut this guy bring in TO

T.O. is done.

dogfish
04-12-2013, 07:08 PM
cut this guy bring in TO

seriously?

:lol::lol:

like peyton has time to babysit that assbag. . . less than zero chance. . .

Dapper Dan
04-12-2013, 07:49 PM
Cut this guy and trade up for Cordarelle Patterson.

Jsteve01
04-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Cut this guy and trade up for Cordarelle Patterson. da'rick will be the best of this group of receivers. Write it down now. If his head is on straight it won't be close.

Poet
04-12-2013, 10:31 PM
da'rick will be the best of this group of receivers. Write it down now. If his head is on straight it won't be close.

I think Tavon Austin and Keenan Allen will be the two best WR's from the draft.

olathebroncofan
04-12-2013, 11:12 PM
Why isn't he working out with OZ. Why not hook up with Gase and find out what's going on instead of complaining about it.

Jsteve01
04-12-2013, 11:24 PM
I think Tavon Austin and Keenan Allen will be the two best WR's from the draft.

I like both of them Rogers really reminds me of Dez Bryant with his ridiculous burst, power and short area quickness. Allen and Austin are both phenomenal athletes. I just like Rogers. If he doesn't get kicked of Tennessee he's the first wr taken this year.

Davii
04-12-2013, 11:47 PM
cut this guy bring in TO

Wow. I would ask what you're smoking, but we all know. Caldwell at this point has more to offer than does TO.

Simple Jaded
04-12-2013, 11:49 PM
cut this guy bring in TO

Dude lay off the hippy lettuce.

Poet
04-12-2013, 11:51 PM
Even when he does well for your team, rooting for TO is painful. When he tore it up as a Bengal I couldn't cheer. I literally could not get happy. God it hurt. It was an all-time low. Was it as bad as the Tank Johnson signing? Probably not, but it was damn close.

ShaneFalco
04-13-2013, 12:10 AM
I love me some me

Poet
04-13-2013, 12:11 AM
I love me some me

Stop jerking it so much.

dogfish
04-13-2013, 12:16 AM
Even when he does well for your team, rooting for TO is painful. When he tore it up as a Bengal I couldn't cheer. I literally could not get happy. God it hurt. It was an all-time low. Was it as bad as the Tank Johnson signing? Probably not, but it was damn close.

i would argue that having pacman on your team is worse than both. . . TO's probably the worst lockerroom cancer of all time, but at least nobody out there is paralyzed because of his stupidity. . .

Poet
04-13-2013, 12:30 AM
i would argue that having pacman on your team is worse than both. . . TO's probably the worst lockerroom cancer of all time, but at least nobody out there is paralyzed because of his stupidity. . .

I understand the point. Pacman is just a solid coverage guy and a nice special teams player. I'm familiar with the guys fantastic past. I think the difference between the two is that Pacman has the decency to lay low. You can actually forget that he's on your team. Every once in awhile he'll make a great pass defensed or run one back, but that's it. He doesn't run to the camera and make fake cryptic comments to the media.

I find Tank Johnson to be worse than all of them. He hung around with killers and thugs. Not fake gangsters, the real genuine set the black race back 100 years because of stereotypes thing. He kept machine guns in his house, pounds of weed in his house, a lot of kids were in that house. Every day that he lived, he risked the lives of children because of his arrogance. His fall guy that he blamed the weed and guns on got shot to death before trial. Think about that, that guy basically stayed at his house. Those kids could have been killed in ghetto ignorance because of that shit.

I stopped rooting for Cincinnati after they signed Tank Johnson. I stopped watching football for awhile. I couldn't deal with it.

Is TO really as bad as Pacman or Tank Johnson? On a human level no. In reality, I could have dealt with one of them. The NFL is by far and away the most thuggish league in American sports. NBA? Most of those guys are posers. MLB? Please. Hockey? Please. It was just having all of them on my team. Tank Johnson, Pacman, Henry, Odell Thurman, the list went on and on. Some of them I didn't mind. Cedric Benson didn't really bother me much. He had a DUI and one charge that really was bullshit. He punched a bouncer in Texas after he was walking out and got sucker punched. Should Benson have turned around and laid him out? I don't have a problem with it, but no.

It just got to the point that I was sick of it. During the streak of arrests and what not, the Chargers actually had more arrests. The Jaguars tied us, but we made headlines because of the quick succession and the more seriousness of the crimes our guys committed. To cap it all off, we weren't winning. Eventually Mike Brown gave Marvin Lewis and Katie Blackburn more power in signings and it ended the ******* charade. Mike Brown wanted to be like Paul Brown, who was a redeemer. The difference between Mike and Paul? Paul gave an alcoholic player a real second chance. The player got on a team bus and his breath smelled like booze. Paul walked up to him and kicked him off the bus. Cut him either the same day or the following morning.

That's the kind of second chance I believe in. The point in all of these ramblings is that a lot of it mixed together. But it's a different type of irritation. Watching TO made my ******* head hurt. Pacman makes my skin crawl.

ShaneFalco
04-13-2013, 12:36 AM
Stop jerking it so much.
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/3193444/owens-popcorn-o.gif

Poet
04-13-2013, 12:37 AM
We lost that game. He had a big drop in the end zone. Later in the year he was jogging back to the huddle with under 30 seconds left in the game. I just assume that you're trolling these days. I regret actually defending you as a poster.

Davii
04-13-2013, 12:48 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/3193444/owens-popcorn-o.gif

Potatoes gonna potate

Waiters gonna wait

Stoners gonna ask for dumb ass trades or acquisitions

I don't think that last one rhymes.

sneakers
04-13-2013, 02:28 AM
who is this guy?

ShaneFalco
04-13-2013, 04:07 AM
its friday night , erm saturday morning, learn to relax a little and have a lil fun.

Dapper Dan
04-13-2013, 06:02 AM
da'rick will be the best of this group of receivers. Write it down now. If his head is on straight it won't be close.

Da'Rick is overrated. Between the Tennessee WRs, Patterson is the best as far as natural ability (as a football player). CP can work on being a refined WR. Hunter has the size, speed, and leaping ability. He needs to work on consistency. Da'Rick reminds me of a poor man's TO (for his size) without the work ethic. Him keeping his head on straight is a big if.

Jsteve01
04-13-2013, 10:43 AM
How can Da'Rick be overrated? He's got all kinds of red flags. Cordarelle is done it for one season. He and Hunter are classic Vol wideouts. Flashy athleticism matched with little substance. Robert Meacham anyone? How's about Marcus Nash, or Donte Stallworth? All great athletes who never developed into anything. Da'Rick on the other hand has better hands, burst and power than either of the other two. I know the red flags and the bust potential but if he's right, this kid is the best wr in the draft.

Poet
04-13-2013, 10:45 AM
To be fair, Meachem has been a decent WR in the NFL. Stallworth had his moments as well and is still in the league, iirc. I don't know much about the guy, though.

Dapper Dan
04-13-2013, 04:55 PM
How can Da'Rick be overrated? He's got all kinds of red flags. Cordarelle is done it for one season. He and Hunter are classic Vol wideouts. Flashy athleticism matched with little substance. Robert Meacham anyone? How's about Marcus Nash, or Donte Stallworth? All great athletes who never developed into anything. Da'Rick on the other hand has better hands, burst and power than either of the other two. I know the red flags and the bust potential but if he's right, this kid is the best wr in the draft.

Yeah. And every quarterback at UT has been like Peyton Manning. How are you comparing players from a run first team like Fulmer's to a pass only team like Dooley's? The only WR from Tennessee that is anything like CP is Denarious Moore. And CP is way better. DayRick had some flashes here and there, but it pretty much sticks with me when he messes up. It's also pretty sad how replaceable he was. I'm glad he left so the White Rogers could get some touches. I think Da'Rick and Justin Hunter are a little similar as far as hands go. But Hunter is the better athlete. Meachem and Nash can't compare to Hunter's leaping ability. I'm not sure where you get any of the comparisons.

ShaneFalco
04-13-2013, 06:43 PM
CP is trying to SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE the game!