PDA

View Full Version : Worst Birthday EVER

Poet
11-18-2007, 05:11 PM
So I didn't get any phone calls from my family wishing be a happy birthday, my mom didn't even wish me a happy birthday (and I live with her ><), the Bengals lost, I overdrew my debit card and to top it all off I have an aching headache. I usually hate my birthday period, but even if you took that out of the equation this day STILL blows.

Davii
11-18-2007, 05:16 PM
I usually hate my birthday period

I thought those came around monthly, not just on your birthday.

HA! Just messing with you King. Happy birthday man.

You know what's nice about Birthdays? 364 days you'll have another one, plan in advance and make sure it's a fun day!

Even with a debit card you should still do the work to balance your checkbook and stay on top of it. Even though this is the electronic age banks still make mistakes.

Have a good day King, it's still early, go celebrate. What are you now, 19, 20? If you're 21 definitely go celebrate!

Tned
11-18-2007, 05:23 PM
So I didn't get any phone calls from my family wishing be a happy birthday, my mom didn't even wish me a happy birthday (and I live with her ><), the Bengals lost, I overdrew my debit card and to top it all off I have an aching headache. I usually hate my birthday period, but even if you took that out of the equation this day STILL blows.

It won't make things much better, but....

Happy Birthday!!!! :balloons: :elefant: :balloons:

Poet
11-18-2007, 05:27 PM
I thought those came around monthly, not just on your birthday.

HA! Just messing with you King. Happy birthday man.

You know what's nice about Birthdays? 364 days you'll have another one, plan in advance and make sure it's a fun day!

Even with a debit card you should still do the work to balance your checkbook and stay on top of it. Even though this is the electronic age banks still make mistakes.

Have a good day King, it's still early, go celebrate. What are you now, 19, 20? If you're 21 definitely go celebrate!

I am 20 now. My 21st birthday will blow because I don't drink. Nothing good EVER comes from birthdays.

Tned
11-18-2007, 05:28 PM
I am 20 now. My 21st birthday will blow because I don't drink. Nothing good EVER comes from birthdays.

Good for you. Nothing good every comes from drinking, either. Don't get me wrong, I do drink on occassion, a little wine at home, or bier or wine in Europe, but I applaude those that choose not to drink.

Poet
11-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Good for you. Nothing good every comes from drinking, either. Don't get me wrong, I do drink on occassion, a little wine at home, or bier or wine in Europe, but I applaude those that choose not to drink.

No, it isn't good for me. You tend to miss out on a lot of fun times and there is no point to go to most parties or to the bar when you don't drink. I just made the choice because my dad was a great man but a nasty drunk, I would expect the same from me on the latter part.

topscribe
11-18-2007, 05:37 PM
I guess not all is good about birthdays. I remember a particular person I fired
some years back. He sent me a card on my next birthday.

He said, "I am so happy for you it is your birthday. You're one year closer to
your death."

Well anyway, enough of morbid humor. There are some good things here, too.
You have running water, electricity on tap, shoes on your feet, and a
computer. You sleep in a bed, in the privacy of your own room, and you eat
American food. Most likely, you have drive a car. You have access to the
best education.

And someday, when it occurs to you to get serious about it, you will have
the freedom to pursue your God, who will make all the difference in your
joy and fulfillment in life.

The majority of the world has few to none of these advantages. Be grateful. :nixon:

:birthday:

-----

Poet
11-18-2007, 05:40 PM
I guess not all is good about birthdays. I remember a particular person I fired
some years back. He sent me a card on my next birthday.

He said, "I am so happy for you it is your birthday. You're one year closer to
your death."

Well anyway, enough of morbid humor. There are some good things here, too.
You have running water, electricity on tap, shoes on your feet, and a
computer. You sleep in a bed, in the privacy of your own room, and you eat
American food. Most likely, you have drive a car. You have access to the
best education.

And someday, when it occurs to you to get serious about it, you will have
the freedom to pursue your God, who will make all the difference in your
joy and fulfillment in life.

The majority of the world has few to none of these advantages. Be grateful. :nixon:

:birthday:

-----
Thanks Top, now I cant even justify being in a bad mood. ;)

I do have my faith in god, just haven't been enough posts in the Religious forums for me to talk about it.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-18-2007, 05:52 PM
:birthday:King 87 - and remember - you do have a lot to be happy for today - you have your health, you have a roof over your head, food to eat, and you are getting an education. So enjoy the good, and do not let the bad get to you.

Tned
11-18-2007, 05:53 PM
No, it isn't good for me. You tend to miss out on a lot of fun times and there is no point to go to most parties or to the bar when you don't drink. I just made the choice because my dad was a great man but a nasty drunk, I would expect the same from me on the latter part.

No, it really is good for you. You are very smart to take that path, as often it does go from generation to generation (genes, behavioral, who knows), but you can still have fun without drinking, you just avoid some of the stupidity that comes with it.

BroncoBJ
11-18-2007, 05:53 PM
:lol: @ Davii.
Yea the Bengals make me sick. I keep picking them to win. :fight:

But I hope your B-day gets better and I dont really drink either.

I'm 19 so I still go 2 years I guess to decide. ;)

Poet
11-18-2007, 05:57 PM
No, it really is good for you. You are very smart to take that path, as often it does go from generation to generation (genes, behavioral, who knows), but you can still have fun without drinking, you just avoid some of the stupidity that comes with it.

Feeling very smart doesn't do my any good on Friday nights, but I see your point. I guess if I didn't totally believe that I would just drink anyway but at the same time it blows.

Jody
11-18-2007, 06:02 PM
Lots of birthdays are just 'not' grand, dear King! ;)
You are not alone, so quit pouting and know we all are glad you
are in good health to have another birthday and here with us! :D
Plus, my favorite birthday was when I was pregnant with my
daughter...I was 30...and that was a great birthday
(2 lives in one celebration)! You will have happier ones
ahead, so 'SNAP OUT OF IT'! :D

A HAPPY HAPPY 20th Birthday to you my friend!

Poet
11-18-2007, 06:05 PM
Lots of birthdays are just 'not' grand, dear King! ;)
You are not alone, so quit pouting and know we all are glad you
are in good health to have another birthday and here with us! :D
Plus, my favorite birthday was when I was pregnant with my
daughter...I was 30...and that was a great birthday
(2 lives in one celebration)! You will have happier ones
ahead, so 'SNAP OUT OF IT'! :D

A HAPPY HAPPY 20th Birthday to you my friend!

I doubt I will have happier ones because I honestly have never had a good birthday barring anything after age 9.

Thank you all for your kind words, I prolly should stop whining.

Jody
11-18-2007, 06:08 PM
I doubt I will have happier ones because I honestly have never had a good birthday barring anything after age 9.

Thank you all for your kind words, I prolly should stop whining.

Whining is okay....once in awhile....

But do you know that I've only had 'one' birthday that is special? (30th)

I never had parties as a child or parties as an adult even. We get in our heads they will be 'lots' of fun, and then....they are just okay. By the time you become my age, it's just another day. So be it....

Birthday celebrations or not, King....you are a valuable person and you need to understand a celebration will not 'confirm' that you are, you just ARE. ;)

Poet
11-18-2007, 07:07 PM
Whining is okay....once in awhile....

But do you know that I've only had 'one' birthday that is special? (30th)

I never had parties as a child or parties as an adult even. We get in our heads they will be 'lots' of fun, and then....they are just okay. By the time you become my age, it's just another day. So be it....

Birthday celebrations or not, King....you are a valuable person and you need to understand a celebration will not 'confirm' that you are, you just ARE. ;)

Damn Jody, you are way too nice.

KCL
11-18-2007, 07:57 PM
Hope you had a half way decent day.

Happy Birthday!

Poet
11-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Hope you had a half way decent day.

Happy Birthday!

The day still ended up blowing. Oh well, I got a call from my sister and my Aunt, and my mom did say happy birthday to me about a hour ago.:elefant:

OB
11-18-2007, 08:28 PM
welcome to growing up :party:

Requiem / The Dagda
11-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Aye man, Eligh and Grouch said it best: "There's no more greener grass, love what you got or lose what you have."

Happy Birthday. Enjoy the big 2-0. It's not that great, but you can make it special. Peace!

Dr Velcro
11-19-2007, 10:18 AM

Awe...I'm sorry.

I had that happen to me a couple of years back and it sucks.

For what it's worth...Happy B-day hon.

Plan something for yourself next year. It's not going to suck just cuz you don't drink.

You don't have to drink to have fun (Yes, I said that).