PDA

View Full Version : Team speaks out about Marshall's actions

LRtagger
08-29-2009, 08:16 AM
http://gazettebroncos.freedomblogging.com/2009/08/28/not-much-support-for-marshall-among-players/1217/

Not much support for Marshall among players
August 28th, 2009, 4:11 pm · 3 Comments · posted by Frank Schwab

Brandon Stokley said he knew on Wednesday, when receiver Brandon Marshall punted the ball in practice, that some punishment was coming.

"You just can't do those kinds of things," Stokley said. "I knew that was probably the final straw."

On Friday, Marshall was suspended for the final two preseason games for conduct detrimental to the team. Stokley said the team wouldn't let it be a distraction, but admitted that it offended him to have a teammate act like Marshall did in practice.

"It does, because we're all trying to win games and you can't have that," Stokley said. "You can't have those distractions and you can't have somebody acting like that. We're all out here working hard, trying to win games, and we want him to be a part of that."

Tight end Daniel Graham found Marshall's actions unbecoming as well.

"It's offensive a little bit," Graham said. "Everybody is out here working hard towards our ultimate goal. To have a teammate like that do what he's doing right now is disappointing to the rest of the guys. But we're still focused on what our goal is."

Stokley said he hoped Marshall will come back refocused.

"Maybe the light bulb will go off and he'll come out and be ready to play some football and help us win games," Stokley said.

Stokley said he is confident in what the team has at receiver. After all, Marshall has barely practiced with the team since the end of last season.

"He hasn't really been around and he hasn't helped us since the offseason, so nobody knows what they're missing," Stokley said.

Safety Brian Dawkins said the matter will be handled internally, and didn't believe Marshall would have a hard time being welcomed back to the team.

"I don't think so," Dawkins said. "Things will be worked out the way they need to be worked out in time."

This isn't Dawkins' first time around a suspended wide receiver. He was in Philadelphia in 2005 when Terrell Owens was suspended after being a year-long spectacle.

"A lot crazier with T.O," Dawkins said. "A lot crazier."

GEM
08-29-2009, 09:28 AM
I'm happy that some of the players that Brandon has played with for 3 years came out and said some things. Maybe if he sees that some of his peers don't agree with the behavior it will open his eyes, at least a little bit.

I really wish he played on the field with a few more outspoken veterans. I'm sure if he played with a Romo or an Al Wilson, they would have been in his face.

The other problem with the situation is that there are so many new faces that don't know Brandon. He can't have many players in his corner, many of them on the line of being cut and knowing that if it comes down to it, they may lose their spot to a guy who has pulled this all offseason while they have been working their asses off. Disappointing.

jrelway
08-29-2009, 09:41 AM
wake up brandon. talk to your teammates and get the advice you should be getting.

GEM
08-29-2009, 09:46 AM
I'm guessing that the players stayed out of the happenings of Brandon until the day that he truly became a distraction to what they were trying to do. I'm sure most of those players have a code of staying out of contract disputes and usually take the side of the player, because really one day, it could be them. For the 2 veterans to make comments, I think it really shows Brandon is in the wrong, at least when it comes to derailing a TEAM practice.

For a Brandon Marshall, a Michael Crabtree, etc... is it really that they are getting bad advice? I mean they have to see that after weeks of the team holding their ground, that they aren't going to stomp their feet, cross their arms and getting their way. Do they not see that the behavior sticks with teams? Have they not watched the TO saga over the years, where yea, you'll get a job, but teams won't go out on limbs anymore. 1 year deal that is laden with do's and don'ts. Brandon, you're already named Baby TO...and now instead of it being for your talent, you're living up to the entire moniker. Just what some feared back when you were drafted. :(

Northman
08-29-2009, 10:39 AM
I'm happy that some of the players that Brandon has played with for 3 years came out and said some things. Maybe if he sees that some of his peers don't agree with the behavior it will open his eyes, at least a little bit.

Im not holding my breathe.

scott.475
08-29-2009, 10:53 AM
I think BM has lost the team now, the same team who was happy for him when he was acquitted. I really am glad people are speaking out about this, he is officially a team cancer, send him to Detroit.

I am not calling out anyone on this board, and I am usually an optimist, but at this point NO ONE can honestly expect his behavior to change. If you have burned your hand on the stove 7 or times and can't figure out not to put your hand on a hot burner that 8th time, well there just is not much hope for you. Someone on NFLN called him "petulant", and I don't know if I have heard a more perfect description for him. He will NOT play for us this year, and by that I mean, if we did actually put him on the field I do not think he would actually PLAY, just go through the motions. He cannot be trusted and I hope we either sit him or suspend him for the year, I do not think we can trust him in a game, period. I might agree that we are a worse team without him, but that presumes he would play at his highest level for us, and I just don't think he will. I don't mind some of the youth we see in new players, but this goes beyond the youth you would expect of a newly graduated 22 year old, or even an 18 year old high school grad, this is like dealing with an 8 year old and it is truly horrible. It is blindingly obvious that NO outside influence is going to change his behavior: not his coach, not his team, not his family, not the risk of losing money, NOTHING. He is HOPELESS, and we all need to just accept that, and I have been pretty forgiving of him until now. Scumbag.

Ravage!!!
08-29-2009, 10:59 AM
I don't think its hopeless.... but I don't know how it can be repaired. I suppose it could, they have been worked out in other cities/team/franchises. But I'm not expecting it.

rcsodak
08-29-2009, 11:59 AM

I really wish he played on the field with a few more outspoken veterans. I'm sure if he played with a Romo or an Al Wilson, they would have been in his face.

The other problem with the situation is that there are so many new faces that don't know Brandon. He can't have many players in his corner, many of them on the line of being cut and knowing that if it comes down to it, they may lose their spot to a guy who has pulled this all offseason while they have been working their asses off. Disappointing.

If Romo was still around, Bmarsh would prolly be out for longer than 2wks.......

...in the hospital.

claymore
08-29-2009, 12:04 PM
If Romo was still around, Bmarsh would prolly be out for longer than 2wks.......

...in the hospital.

I think Romo would get an ass kicking from Marshall. He isnt the average WR.

Zweems56
08-29-2009, 12:05 PM

No, but he's apparently the average *****.

FanInAZ
08-29-2009, 01:22 PM
send him to Detroit.

Is their anyone five players on Detroit that you would actually want or would we be collecting more draft picks?

spikerman
08-29-2009, 01:25 PM
Is their anyone five players on Detroit that you would actually want or would we be collecting more draft picks?

Calvin Johnson - straight up. :D

LRtagger
08-29-2009, 01:39 PM

Unfortunately I dont think Marshall gives two shits about his teammates or what they think. He is only out for himself.

dogfish

...in the hospital.

you think roido would've gone mike tyson on him and chewed his ear off?

Hobe
"Maybe the light bulb will go off and he'll come out and be ready to play some football and help us win games," Stokley said.

:phone: O, Brandon! :argh: MAN COME ON!
:heeeelllllooooo:

Getting it together means :wof:!

BroncoWave
08-29-2009, 01:53 PM

Your sig is the gayest thing I have seen in a while, and that's alot seeing as I was on Bourbon Street the other day.

jrelway
08-29-2009, 02:11 PM

i think marshall would be the one dishing out the ass whoopin. thats a big dude.

spikerman
08-29-2009, 02:50 PM
i think marshall would be the one dishing out the ass whoopin. thats a big dude.

Since Romo isn't a woman, I'm not sure Marshall would be interested in a fight.

rcsodak
08-29-2009, 05:56 PM

Ummm....you're kidding, clay...right? :tsk:

Romanowski would have decked him, THEN spit in his face.

Endofstory

:D

rcsodak
08-29-2009, 05:57 PM

No...but just imagine the meal mikey would have had with Obama's! :D

Broncos Mtnman
08-29-2009, 06:11 PM
Wow, two players speak up and that represents the whoooooooooooole team?

Let's see, with Mickey Mouse suspending Marshall, how many players do you think would actually speak out in favor of BM?

Marshall is messing up, but to imply that there's some sort of "hurray for Mickey" attitude in the locker room due to these comments is typical of the media hype you see in these types of situtations.

:coffee:

MOtorboat
08-29-2009, 06:16 PM

Let's see, with Mickey Mouse suspending Marshall, how many players do you think would actually speak out in favor of BM?

Marshall is messing up, but to imply that there's some sort of "hurray for Mickey" attitude in the locker room due to these comments is typical of the media hype you see in these types of situtations.

Re-read the article. Your reading comprehension sucks.

And Mickey Mouse is a cartoon character. He has nothing to do with the Broncos. There is a television forum, however.

topscribe
08-29-2009, 06:18 PM

Mtnman, I love ya, man, but I also doubt that many, if any, have as low an opinion of McDaniels as you do . . .

-----

Poet
08-29-2009, 06:19 PM

What world do you live in? Exactly who do you see coming to Marshall's aid? None, and that's for a reason. TO had support in Philly when he ran amuck, Chad Johnson had support in Cincinnati when he ran amuck, who is supporting Marshall?

No one.

Because your players aren't morons.

Marshall is doing far more then just "messing up". He's literally a colossal screw up. He can't stay healthy, he can't stay out of court, and he can't even act like a grown man on the football profession.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2009, 06:23 PM
Daniel Graham also spoke on a couple of the sports casts and stated that Brandon has no one to blame but himself.

In regards to the players speaking out against Brandon, no one made them do that, they could have DECLINED to comment so it has to be their thoughts

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090829/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_broncos_marshall_suspended

Daniel Graham was concerned enough about Marshall's behavior at practice that the tight end said he talked to him about it several times. He said his main concern now is to make sure it doesn't become a distraction to the team.

"We've had a few conversations and Brandon, he's running his own ship," Graham said. "He's doing what he feels is best for him. Now, I'm just making sure, as a leader on this team, that we stay focused."

T.K.O.
08-29-2009, 06:49 PM

i dont see where any players mentioned mcd ....why would they say hooray for mcd because a wr is acting like a total ass and gets suspended?
try reading whats was said rather than reading minds....you might get a better understanding of the situation.
also why do you have a chicago bear player in your sig?:tsk:

claymore
08-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Your sig is the gayest thing I have seen in a while, and that's alot seeing as I was on Bourbon Street the other day.

I understand how you feel about the JMCD, situation. If you wsnt to be a dick, I can be a dick as well. If you want to understand people feel differently than you, that would be appreciated. By at least me.

I can separate the JMCD stuff just like I did the Obama stuff. I never liked Obama, or McDaniels, but, I cant blame you for liking either. It doesn't make you a bad person, it just means Im either right, or wrong.

McDaniels and nolan were the combination of successor's that I original wanted. Ive already admitted I was probably wrong about that.

If you still want to talk smack after this, then blow me.

BroncoWave
08-29-2009, 07:23 PM
I understand how you feel about the JMCD, situation. If you wsnt to be a dick, I can be a dick as well. If you want to understand people feel differently than you, that would be appreciated. By at least me.

I can separate the JMCD stuff just like I did the Obama stuff. I never liked Obama, or McDaniels, but, I cant blame you for liking either. It doesn't make you a bad person, it just means Im either right, or wrong.

McDaniels and nolan were the combination of successor's that I original wanted. Ive already admitted I was probably wrong about that.

If you still want to talk smack after this, then blow me.

It's not gay because it bashes McDaniels. I'm all for creative humor. It's gay because it's just lame and not the least bit funny.

claymore
08-29-2009, 07:28 PM
It's not gay because it bashes McDaniels. I'm all for creative humor. It's gay because it's just lame and not the least bit funny.

Well I find it funny. And ive received compliments and requests to use it. I didnt make it, I copied it of the internet.

If you disagree with my stance on things, I am ok with that.

I hate your avatar because McDaniels is a doosh bag. But never thought it was worth a post.

Are we even, or do you just want to be mean to each other?

Poet
08-29-2009, 07:29 PM
It pains me to see two MB Titans fighting amongst each other.

T.K.O.
08-29-2009, 07:30 PM

i gotta 2nd that....looks like something a 5th grader made (and would find amusing)

claymore
08-29-2009, 07:34 PM
i gotta 2nd that....looks like something a 5th grader made (and would find amusing)

I have never said anything bad about you, if you want to personally attack me then its on.

I disagree with your view on some stuff, but understand its your opinion.

Poet
08-29-2009, 07:34 PM
I have never said anything bad about you, if you want to personally attack me then its on.

Do you want to fight me? Because if you do we can take this shit right to the buffet. I'll give you the beating of a lifetime at that arena, Claymore.

NightTrainLayne
08-29-2009, 07:37 PM
:focus:

Let's steer away from the personal comments guys.

claymore
08-29-2009, 07:39 PM
Do you want to fight me? Because if you do we can take this shit right to the buffet. I'll give you the beating of a lifetime at that arena, Claymore.

Every time I call you fat, its cause I love you. I would never say anything to a friend on here, if I thought it would piss them off.

I have my left and right limits.

BroncoWave
08-29-2009, 07:50 PM
Well I find it funny. And ive received compliments and requests to use it. I didnt make it, I copied it of the internet.

If you disagree with my stance on things, I am ok with that.

I hate your avatar because McDaniels is a doosh bag. But never thought it was worth a post.

Are we even, or do you just want to be mean to each other?

I think you are taking it way too personally that I think your sig sucks but whatever. Nothing personal, sorry it cam across that way.

claymore
08-29-2009, 07:54 PM
I think you are taking it way too personally that I think your sig sucks but whatever. Nothing personal, sorry it cam across that way.

Didnt take it personally, thats why I clarified. Go Broncos!

Northman
08-29-2009, 08:20 PM
For the record, i think your sig sucks too Clay. lol

Broncos Mtnman
08-29-2009, 08:29 PM
i dont see where any players mentioned mcd ....why would they say hooray for mcd because a wr is acting like a total ass and gets suspended?

There is an implied agreement with management's decision, if the only quotes provided are from players who agree with the action. That makes it a "hurray for Mickey."

Are you trying to tell me that out of 79 players that there isn't anyone who thinks differently than the 2 players quoted?

This is also why I stated that the media loves this stuff and therefore will publish a story that backs their agenda.

try reading whats was said rather than reading minds....you might get a better understanding of the situation.

I did. You want to talk about reading minds, isn't that what was done with this story?

"Since Graham and Stokely back this action, it's proof that the TEAM feels this way."

also why do you have a chicago bear player in your sig?:tsk:

I have the same sig I've had for three years. Don't like it? Tough!

WARHORSE
08-29-2009, 08:35 PM

Youre kidding right?

Who would want to hear from anyone backing up that clown?

Not anyone with more than one brain cell.

Anyone who would back up class clown Marshall is an idiot.

Plain and simple.

Anyone, whether silent or openly who would back him up isnt worth the uniform on his back.

Period.

Brandon is an idiot for his behavior.

Basically, a two year old.

Non professional who thinks only for himself.

PITIFUL is the best word to describe his issues.

Watchthemiddle
08-29-2009, 08:50 PM
There is an implied agreement with management's decision, if the only quotes provided are from players who agree with the action. That makes it a "hurray for Mickey."

Are you trying to tell me that out of 79 players that there isn't anyone who thinks differently than the 2 players quoted?

This is also why I stated that the media loves this stuff and therefore will publish a story that backs their agenda.

I did. You want to talk about reading minds, isn't that what was done with this story?

"Since Graham and Stokely back this action, it's proof that the TEAM feels this way."

Oh my goodness...we have a Cutler apologist and a Marshall apologist and once again wants to blame it all on McDaniels. I guess you like to side with the cry baby, whining babies. More power to ya.

FYI, your in for a long season. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

topscribe
08-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Wow, is there a full moon out tonight? Everyone seems so sensitive! Avatars,
sigs, cartoon characters, and just good ol', plain hostility.

Somehow, the OP's original intent got lost somewhere back . . . :confused:

-----

Broncos Mtnman
08-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Youre kidding right?

Who would want to hear from anyone backing up that clown?

Not anyone with more than one brain cell.

I would. I don't think that just because Marshall behaved improperly doesn't mean that he maybe didn't have a reason.

But the real reason you won't hear from anyone else is because they would instantly be in Mickey Mouse's dog house. Right or wrong, they would be labeled a malcontent who isn't being a team player.

So I repeat, posting an interview from two players doesn't mean squat, since there's not a player on the team who can tell how they really feel.

Anyone who would back up class clown Marshall is an idiot.

Plain and simple.

Anyone, whether silent or openly who would back him up isnt worth the uniform on his back.

Period.

And why is that? Do you know the behind the scenes stuff going on? Nope.

I repeat, Marshall blew it with his behavior, but you can't assume to know how anyone feels or if their feelings are legit.

I'm not directly this to you specifically, but I find it amusing that "fans" of the team automatically believe media reports about Marshall, but they were the same fans who backed Jake the Flake for any and all behavior that could actually be documented (flipping off the fans - road rage - cussing out a reporter while stating that Broncos fans are the worst).

Brandon is an idiot for his behavior.

Agreed.

Basically, a two year old.

Don't agree. Marshall comes from a troubled family situation (his dad actually tried to run him over a few years ago). Father issues always screw up boys when they become adults.

Two year old is a subjective evaluation, not a fact.

Non professional who thinks only for himself.

There's not a player in the NFL who doesn't think for themself when it comes to contracts. They have a short career and have to make what they can.

It's also funny how people who agree with this action will call it a business, but when a player stands up for themself, it's being selfish.

PITIFUL is the best word to describe his issues.

Again, subjective, not a fact.

Broncos Mtnman
08-29-2009, 09:06 PM
Oh my goodness...we have a Cutler apologist and a Marshall apologist and once again wants to blame it all on McDaniels. I guess you like to side with the cry baby, whining babies. More power to ya.

FYI, your in for a long season. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

So, according to you, ANYONE who disagrees with the Belichik wanna-be is an apologist.

Weak, but childish.

As far as Mickey Mouse goes, he is the only constant in these situations, along with Pat "I forget" Bowlen. In other words, these problems didn't exist before the change.

Anyone who wants to think that getting rid of about 60% of the offensive production is a good thing, that's their priviledge. I personally don't agree.

It would be nice to discuss differences, but just like the other boards, that's not possible with you.

This will be my only response to you, unless you want to talk about the team.

Watchthemiddle
08-29-2009, 09:06 PM
I would. I don't think that just because Marshall behaved improperly doesn't mean that he maybe didn't have a reason.

But the real reason you won't hear from anyone else is because they would instantly be in Mickey Mouse's dog house. Right or wrong, they would be labeled a malcontent who isn't being a team player.

So I repeat, posting an interview from two players doesn't mean squat, since there's not a player on the team who can tell how they really feel.

I repeat, Marshall blew it with his behavior, but you can't assume to know how anyone feels or if their feelings are legit.

I'm not directly this to you specifically, but I find it amusing that "fans" of the team automatically believe media reports about Marshall, but they were the same fans who backed Jake the Flake for any and all behavior that could actually be documented (flipping off the fans - road rage - cussing out a reporter while stating that Broncos fans are the worst).

Agreed.

Don't agree. Marshall comes from a troubled family situation (his dad actually tried to run him over a few years ago). Father issues always screw up boys when they become adults.

There's not a player in the NFL who doesn't think for themself when it comes to contracts. They have a short career and have to make what they can.

It's also funny how people who agree with this action will call it a business, but when a player stands up for themself, it's being selfish.

excuses.

T.K.O.
08-29-2009, 09:17 PM

its not that i dont like it,i was just wondering why you had a bears player in your sig.
i really could'nt care less....really
i just think its time to come to terms with the fact that cutler is a bear and therefore imo not a good sig for a fan of the 09' broncos.
but to each his own.
and im sure that there may be some players who agree marshall deserves his new contract.(as i do)but i seriously doubt any of them respect the way he is going about it !
as was stated these guys are bustin ass to get good with a whole new group and scheme and they dont want their efforts mocked by a spoiled brat that hasnt done shi. since last year.
thats all:salute:

Poet
08-29-2009, 09:17 PM

You're damn right he had a reason why he improperly behaved; he's a me first player. He always is in trouble with the law, he isn't trying to help his team now, he's demanding a new trade and a new contract. It's all about him.

Yeah, the fact that your team is full of adults who aren't me first players that have bought into McDaniel's system is totally impossible.

Yesterday on ESPN (or perhaps the day before), Adam Schefter, a reporter who is fantastic, reported that McDaniels is not in over his head and that the team is buying into him as their coach. Meanwhile, in la la land where everything is McDaniel's fault this is impossible because he helped trade Jesus Cutler, er Jay Cutler.

You're right, the two players were forced into giving an interview and McDaniels made them say what they said. Derf, wait, that's not right. Oh, neither are you. Hey, it's like a pattern!

No, but he has accurate reports to base his opinion off of and you have your own silly vendetta against a coach who traded away your man crush. The funny thing is that he actually has something to back his argument. You have nothing.

Really, why can't he go off of the reports that are there? Why can't he trust the word of the two players? Oh wait, he can, he has, and he's correct for doing so.

Couldn't really comment on this one. Maybe they learned from their mistakes?

Agreed.
At least there's something here.

My dad hit me, cussed at me, said terrible things to me and the rest of my family. Excuses are for people who need them. He's an adult. Self-accountability is something that we all must have.
Yeah, saying that he's a two year old is a subjective thing. But, saying that he is unprofessional and bad for the team really isn't. Saying that he has a lot of growing up to do and is bad for a football franchise isn't. Saying that right now he is hurting your team big time isn't.

Tom Brady took a pay cut. I agree with you that a player wanting a new contract isn't a bad thing. But, going about it the way Marshall happens to be is. Here's an example of doing it the right now.

Levi Jones, a once dominant left tackle for my Cincinnati Bengals requested a trade from Cincinnati. He had a legitimate gripe with the medical staff, he had a strong argument that he needed rest, and to top it all off he was a team player. He didn't like how the team was being run and two seasons earlier he signed a massive contract. Cincinnati denied his request. Levi kept working hard and was still a team player. No one really has any bad feelings toward him. Did his contract play into it? I think so. His level of play at that time was still very high and his extension was only for three years and he was 27. If he was traded it was likely that he would get a new deal inked.

Then look at how Chad Johnson, Boldin, McCardell and Marshall have gone about it.

Tell me there's not a huge difference, I dare you.

Sure, but you know you really don't have much of an argument to go against that opinion. Being a whiny baby who is coming off of an injury and can't stay out of trouble AND demanding a trade/new contract is pitiful.

T.K.O.
08-29-2009, 09:22 PM

i would'nt say anything "bad about you" either i was just agreeing that the sig is kinda lame.....hell mine is lame its a 45 year old fat guy in a bronco uni...ME !
so... sorry its NOT on...and i really didnt mean it to be personal.
and as the saying goes "if everyone is thinking alike ,then somebody is not thinking"
i just prefer to look at the positive side of things and hope for the best .because shanny is gone ,cutler is gone and like the coaches and players i'm ready to roll with the guys we've got !!!!!!:salute:

Tned
08-29-2009, 09:25 PM
Mtnman, I love ya, man, but I also doubt that many, if any, have as low an opinion of McDaniels as you do . . .

-----

It's even worse than Jr's opinion of Shanhan, and that is saying something.

Watchthemiddle
08-29-2009, 09:29 PM
You're damn right he had a reason why he improperly behaved; he's a me first player. He always is in trouble with the law, he isn't trying to help his team now, he's demanding a new trade and a new contract. It's all about him.

Yeah, the fact that your team is full of adults who aren't me first players that have bought into McDaniel's system is totally impossible.

Yesterday on ESPN (or perhaps the day before), Adam Schefter, a reporter who is fantastic, reported that McDaniels is not in over his head and that the team is buying into him as their coach. Meanwhile, in la la land where everything is McDaniel's fault this is impossible because he helped trade Jesus Cutler, er Jay Cutler.

You're right, the two players were forced into giving an interview and McDaniels made them say what they said. Derf, wait, that's not right. Oh, neither are you. Hey, it's like a pattern!

No, but he has accurate reports to base his opinion off of and you have your own silly vendetta against a coach who traded away your man crush. The funny thing is that he actually has something to back his argument. You have nothing.

Really, why can't he go off of the reports that are there? Why can't he trust the word of the two players? Oh wait, he can, he has, and he's correct for doing so.

Couldn't really comment on this one. Maybe they learned from their mistakes?

At least there's something here.

My dad hit me, cussed at me, said terrible things to me and the rest of my family. Excuses are for people who need them. He's an adult. Self-accountability is something that we all must have.
Yeah, saying that he's a two year old is a subjective thing. But, saying that he is unprofessional and bad for the team really isn't. Saying that he has a lot of growing up to do and is bad for a football franchise isn't. Saying that right now he is hurting your team big time isn't.

Tom Brady took a pay cut. I agree with you that a player wanting a new contract isn't a bad thing. But, going about it the way Marshall happens to be is. Here's an example of doing it the right now.

Levi Jones, a once dominant left tackle for my Cincinnati Bengals requested a trade from Cincinnati. He had a legitimate gripe with the medical staff, he had a strong argument that he needed rest, and to top it all off he was a team player. He didn't like how the team was being run and two seasons earlier he signed a massive contract. Cincinnati denied his request. Levi kept working hard and was still a team player. No one really has any bad feelings toward him. Did his contract play into it? I think so. His level of play at that time was still very high and his extension was only for three years and he was 27. If he was traded it was likely that he would get a new deal inked.

Then look at how Chad Johnson, Boldin, McCardell and Marshall have gone about it.

Tell me there's not a huge difference, I dare you.

Sure, but you know you really don't have much of an argument to go against that opinion. Being a whiny baby who is coming off of an injury and can't stay out of trouble AND demanding a trade/new contract is pitiful.

DOH!!

One of your best posts ever King....( never thought I would say that or that we would agree)..:beer:

Excuses are for people who need them. He's an adult. Self-accountability is something that we all must have.

Agree 100%

TXBRONC
08-29-2009, 09:34 PM

I don't know Tned I would hate to try and live off the difference. ;)

Superchop 7
08-29-2009, 10:15 PM
Of course Marshall had a reason.

McDaniels, Bowlen and especiallly Joe Ellis had it coming.

But....that being said.....

I want you all to think about something that bothers me.

Big time.

Rod Smith told him the way, took time out of his life to try and help him.

Had he been a man, he would have listened.

Brandon,

The measure of a man isn't the lines drawn in the sand.

It's measured by the lessons you learn.

I back your cause.

I don't back your actions.

Just like Rudy did.

Get past it.

Ask your coach and teamates forgiveness.

Do that and honor Rod.

You owe him that.

horsepig
08-29-2009, 10:45 PM

Uumm, buffet!

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2009, 10:56 PM
Of course Marshall had a reason.

McDaniels, Bowlen and especiallly Joe Ellis had it coming.

But....that being said.....

I want you all to think about something that bothers me.

Big time.

Rod Smith told him the way, took time out of his life to try and help him.

Had he been a man, he would have listened.

Brandon,

The measure of a man isn't the lines drawn in the sand.

It's measured by the lessons you learn.

I back your cause.

I don't back your actions.

Just like Rudy did.

Get past it.

Ask your coach and teamates forgiveness.

Do that and honor Rod.

You owe him that.

Let's see - Brandon is NOT to blame, BUT McD, Bowlen, and especially Joe Ellis????? had it coming. Geez, I think we had better throw everyone we can think of in the pot - the secretaries, janitors, people working in the gift shop, the grounds keepers, ticket takers, concession stand workers - HEAVEN FORBID THAT BRANDON IS NOT TO BLAME. It is every one elses' fault that he has got himself in so much trouble off the field that he is PAYING BIG BUCKS FOR LAWYER FEES, and needs instant money, rather than playing thru the last year on his contract, and getting a new contract next year.

You mentioned what Rod did for Brandon - does that NOT tell you what Brandon MUST BE LIKE?????

Superchop 7
08-29-2009, 11:01 PM
He is very much like a young immature man that has been lied to.

For reference see Cutler/Jay

If you want me to call the current regime scum

NO PROBLEM

I would say, take your act to N.E.

But N.E. would throw you out the door.

I tell people the truth 6 months before they realize it

Now the lightbulbs on.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-29-2009, 11:03 PM
He is very much like a young immature man that has been lied to.

For reference see Cutler/Jay

If you want me to call the current regime scum

NO PROBLEM

I was not fortunate enough to have been invited to sit in the meetings to confirm that he has been lied to.

Broncos Mtnman
08-29-2009, 11:18 PM
I was not fortunate enough to have been invited to sit in the meetings to confirm that he has been lied to.

Nor can you confirm that he was told the truth.

Funny how that works, huh?

topscribe
08-29-2009, 11:25 PM
Nor can you confirm that he was told the truth.

Funny how that works, huh?

I really don't think she has to confirm he was told the truth. She was responding
to a claim that he was told lies. She didn't make the claim; she responded to
one who did. That was her point.

-----

Broncos Mtnman
08-29-2009, 11:44 PM
I really don't think she has to confirm he was told the truth. She was responding
to a claim that he was told lies. She didn't make the claim; she responded to
one who did. That was her point.

-----

I'm aware of her point. My post stands.

Watchthemiddle
08-29-2009, 11:47 PM
Let's see - Brandon is NOT to blame, BUT McD, Bowlen, and especially Joe Ellis????? had it coming. Geez, I think we had better throw everyone we can think of in the pot - the secretaries, janitors, people working in the gift shop, the grounds keepers, ticket takers, concession stand workers - HEAVEN FORBID THAT BRANDON IS NOT TO BLAME. It is every one elses' fault that he has got himself in so much trouble off the field that he is PAYING BIG BUCKS FOR LAWYER FEES, and needs instant money, rather than playing thru the last year on his contract, and getting a new contract next year.

You mentioned what Rod did for Brandon - does that NOT tell you what Brandon MUST BE LIKE?????

I train a lot of new employees at my work and just went through a training class on how to deal with the new generation of employees that are coming in. The main thing that this new generation believes is that they feel like they are owed something, cannot take personal responsibility, and be accoutable for their own actions. Brandon Marshall thinks he is owed something, does not take responsibility, and is not accountable for his actions.

Broncos Mtnman
08-29-2009, 11:49 PM

While I'm sure that JR appreciates being compared to me, you couldn't be more wrong.

Check the record....

I was opposed to Mickey Mouse before he was even hired. Our weaknesses were on defense.

No one will convince me that the rebuilding mode the team is now in would have occurred if we had hired Rex Ryan or Spanuolo.

topscribe
08-29-2009, 11:54 PM
While I'm sure that JR appreciates being compared to me, you couldn't be more wrong.

Check the record....

I was opposed to Mickey Mouse before he was even hired. Our weaknesses were on defense.

No one will convince me that the rebuilding mode the team is now in would have occurred if we had hired Rex Ryan or Spanuolo.

Well, the Broncos did not hire Rex Ryan or Spagnuolo. They hired McDaniels. It
is what it is. Nothing can be accomplished by the wholesale denigration of our
present coach. What we need to do now is to support him, for better or for
worse. If it's worse, he's gone . . . but let's be sure of it first. He just might
surprise us for the better . . .

-----

Broncos Mtnman
08-30-2009, 12:04 AM
Well, the Broncos did not hire Rex Ryan or Spanuolo. They hired McDaniels. It is what it is.

Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Nothing can be accomplished by the wholesale denigration of our present coach.

Nothing will be accomplished by kissing his arse when he screws up week after week.

What we need to do now is to support him, for better or for worse. If it's worse, he's gone . . . but let's be sure of it first.

No I don't. I support my team and will never "play nice" just because someone is fortunate enough to be the coach of it. Mickey got a job that he was unprepared for and it's showing.

He just might surprise us for the better . . .

In the words of Wayne Campbell.. "It could happen. Yeah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt."

Watchthemiddle
08-30-2009, 12:07 AM
Well we will just have to wait and see won't we.

Getting rid of McD will not bring Crushler back. Thats the reality.

rcsodak
08-30-2009, 01:27 AM

Mtn, I can see why you'd make a big deal about cut-n-run'er, since you decided way back when that you'd go down with the ship with him...but c'mon......BMarsh?

He's a frickin' headcase. He's a grownup baby. You know it. I know it.

At what point do you relinquish your antibroncoFO stance and come back to reality? After your boi shows up in Bears blue sunday night?

The team is moving forward, with or without him. He needs to decide if he's onboard or not. The boat is pulling away. And the same goes for the fans. Either they're with the team, or not.
In simple terms, you're either with the war *and the soldiers*, or you're against it.

MtnMan, decision time.

rcsodak
08-30-2009, 01:44 AM

Too bad.....

...since your credibility is linked to it. :coffee:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-30-2009, 07:49 AM
OK - I also heard Brandon, on the phone conversation with Trey Wingo, state that in JUNE, the Broncos told him they would trade him. Please - some COMMON SENSE here.

So, if true, after the Broncos told Brandon, or his agent, whichever one, that they would trade him in June - BECAUSE Brandon was NOT traded - he was LIED to??????????

No possibility that the Broncos did shop Brandon around, and could NOT find anyone who would take a chance on a player who had a court appearance in August, and IF found GUILTY, WOULD face a suspension??????? Of course not - we would not want to consider that NO ONE wanted to take that chance. For some, it is MUCH easier to throw out that Brandon was LIED to :tsk:

claymore
08-30-2009, 08:36 AM
Marshall needs to be Orton's biggest fan tonight. If we can get it done with the receivers we have, it will be the first step in Marshall getting his wish.

Nomad
08-30-2009, 08:50 AM
I believe Denver would trade Marshall IF they could get top 3 receiver value for him but other teams will not offer or give that value due to Marshall's attitude, behavior, and has not proven he is a top 3 receiver on the field. Sure he had two good seasons but is he still the same, well no one has seen it yet. If Marshall had any COMMON SENSE (right DN), he'd change his attitude, suit up, and play lights out making teams that are interested in him drool and give up everything for him. Marshall is doing this to himself. I also believe Marshall would get paid by the BRONCOS if he'd get out there and play. My sons don't even act this immature, so why would a team want to invest tons of money on a drama queen!!! Oh well, he must not be as broke as first thought because he won't get paid if he's suspended for the rest of the year....the guy's pretty bright:lol:

Marshall prove you are elite with attitude and talent and good things will come your way......easy concept to understand!!!

WARHORSE
08-30-2009, 10:00 AM

There is no 'reason' to acting like a child. His actions were a CHOSEN response to his situation. He could have CHOSEN to react responsibly. Choosing to react responsibly to a situation speaks of ones character and integrity. Choosing to react with a tantrum does the same. You are the sum of your choices.

You throw the words right and wrong out there like they have no meaning. RIGHT is keeping it civil and behind closed doors. WRONG is acting like a childish idiot on the practice field. ANYONE who 'backs that up' is an idiot as well.

Yes it does. It means two players........veterans with CHARACTER and STANDING on this team stand against the actions of Brandon Marshall.
One thing about people with integrity.......you cant make them say things they dont want to. The character of these gentlemen speaks for itself.

Who needs to? We are talking about a CHOSEN reaction to WHATEVER happened behind closed doors. His chosen behavior is worthy of suspension....end of story.

Feelings? We talkin about feelings? We as ADULTS choose our responses. Whose feelings arent LEGIT? If it came down to legit feelings, then everyone has an excuse for idiotic behavior? Cmon dude. Youre saying that since BM truly had hurt feelings, its ok for someone to back up or agree with his behavior.

Agreed.

While I agree one hundred percent, it does not excuse his behavior. He is being punished for behavior that is not acceptable to this franchise, and rightly so. This is to teach the troubled young man hopefully. If his excuse is 'when I was a kid my father tried to run me over', then all I can say is: "Thats messed up. Im sorry that happened to you. If it happened to me I might be behaving in the same manner as you right now. But that doesnt make it okay, and it doesnt make it acceptable, and it doesnt make it right. You are not allowed to behave in that manner here, you are expected to be a professional. If you cant, you will be suspended. Your choice in what youre going to do next."

I disagree. Its a fact.:coffee:

And theres not an organization nor head coach who doesnt do the same.(except Jokeland)

I personally wouldnt compare BMs actions to standing up for himself. I would more associate it with urinating on himself. Thats basically what hes doing.

Your opium.......not mine.:coffee:

Thanks for the coffee. :coffee:

:beer:

topscribe
08-30-2009, 10:02 AM

Nothing will be accomplished by kissing his arse when he screws up week after week.

No I don't. I support my team and will never "play nice" just because someone is fortunate enough to be the coach of it. Mickey got a job that he was unprepared for and it's showing.

In the words of Wayne Campbell.. "It could happen. Yeah, and monkeys might fly out of my butt."

Oh well . . . let me just lay it out for you: The Broncos are what they are.
There is nothing you can do about that. Launching and running an anti-McD
crusade and dubbing him "Mickey Mouse" on a football message board will
persuade absolutely no one in the FO to jettison him in the middle of a season.

You made your point. What else is there to do? My suggestion is to direct
your crusade to the FO. There is nothing the rest of us on this board can do
about McDaniels.

I don't mean anything against you, Mtnman. You're one of my best friends,
not just on this board, but anywhere. But, well . . . there just isn't anything
we can do about it. :noidea:

-----

Poet
08-30-2009, 10:14 AM

It stands in the sense that it hasn't be deleted. In terms of validity it's standing as tall as a fence that got hit by a tornado.

GEM
08-30-2009, 11:22 AM

And if he has success, will you change tail and start cheering for him? Will you get your season tix back when he starts winning? Or is it just blind hate that no matter what happens good or bad, you'll still be bitching about him?

MOtorboat
08-30-2009, 11:24 AM
Will you get your season tix back when he starts winning?

Nope...he screwed the pooch on that one. Maybe 15 years from now. I'd like to actually thank MntMan for getting rid of his season tickets. Because he did, a buddy of mine got his after 15 years.

Jay Cutler fan club sig says it all. Bears fan.

Tned
08-30-2009, 12:17 PM
OK - I also heard Brandon, on the phone conversation with Trey Wingo, state that in JUNE, the Broncos told him they would trade him. Please - some COMMON SENSE here.

So, if true, after the Broncos told Brandon, or his agent, whichever one, that they would trade him in June - BECAUSE Brandon was NOT traded - he was LIED to??????????

No possibility that the Broncos did shop Brandon around, and could NOT find anyone who would take a chance on a player who had a court appearance in August, and IF found GUILTY, WOULD face a suspension??????? Of course not - we would not want to consider that NO ONE wanted to take that chance. For some, it is MUCH easier to throw out that Brandon was LIED to :tsk:

Previously, Marshall said that Bowlen said the Broncos would "try to accomodate him" or something like that, which, if true, is a far cry from a promise to trade him.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Previously, Marshall said that Bowlen said the Broncos would "try to accomodate him" or something like that, which, if true, is a far cry from a promise to trade him.

I agree - "try to accommodate him" or a promise to trade him, still could end up with the same result - Marshall, in June, was untradeable, and now, even after Marshall was found not guilty - because now - not off the field, BUT on the field -because he was upset that McD tried to handle it behind closed doors, gave Marshall a warning(s) to stop the immaturity during practice, which, instead of Marshall taking the advice - went out with the attitude - "I'll show you" - I will do everything in my power to MAKE YOU WANT TO TRADE ME. So now - based on Marshall's off field problems, and now his on field problems - who would want him???? Possibly, Al Davis, because we all know that he does NOT care about character, but rather "Just Win Baby" - OK, so Bowlen trades Marshall to Oakland, and now some fans WANT to send the guys in the white coats after Bowlen, because Bowlen has lost his mind by trading him to a division rival.

Let's face it - in some fan's eyes, Bowlen is in a NO WIN situation.

Tned
08-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Let's face it - in some fan's eyes, Bowlen is in a NO WIN situation.

Agreed

Poet
08-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Carol, you just summed up why Marshall has made a strong argument for him being as big of a cancer as TO.

Now, I don't believe that, but I can't think of a bigger cancer to a team then Marshall (next to TO).

Tned
08-30-2009, 01:20 PM
Carol, you just summed up why Marshall has made a strong argument for him being as big of a cancer as TO.

Now, I don't believe that, but I can't think of a bigger cancer to a team then Marshall (next to TO).

FWIW, Dawkins said that the commotion around the team has been nothing like with TO.

Poet
08-30-2009, 01:41 PM
FWIW, Dawkins said that the commotion around the team has been nothing like with TO.

True. But, I would bet you anything that the commotion in the FO is just as bad as it was in Philly.

Broncos Mtnman
08-30-2009, 03:58 PM
Nope...he screwed the pooch on that one. Maybe 15 years from now. I'd like to actually thank MntMan for getting rid of his season tickets. Because he did, a buddy of mine got his after 15 years.

Jay Cutler fan club sig says it all. Bears fan.

You know, if you weren't so full if it, you might actually know what you're talking about.

I still have my account, I just don't have tix this season. Under the arrangement made with the Broncos, Club Seat holders were allowed to defer one year of their contract in exchange for a deposit on next season's tickets.

I'll have my tix next year. Your friend didn't get squat from me.

Poet
08-30-2009, 03:59 PM
You know, if you weren't so full if it, you might actually know what you're talking about.

I still have my account, I just don't have tix this season. Under the arrangement made with the Broncos, Club Seat holders were allowed to defer one year of their contract in exchange for a deposit on next season's tickets.

I'll have my tix next year. Your friend didn't get squat from me.

So you're saying that it will just take the whole season for you to get over losing Jay Cutler?

Broncos Mtnman
08-30-2009, 04:02 PM
And if he has success, will you change tail and start cheering for him? Will you get your season tix back when he starts winning? Or is it just blind hate that no matter what happens good or bad, you'll still be bitching about him?

I still have my ticket account. As a Club Seat holder, I didn't have the option of just opting out of my account. I have a contract until 2011.

Under a plan offered to club seat holders, we could defer one season on our account in exchange for a deposit on next season.

Whether Mickey Mouse succeeds or not, I will have my tickets back next year.

Some posters around here are so full of hate towards me, that they don't even take the time to know what's going on. That's cool though, it just shows their true colors.

Broncos Mtnman
08-30-2009, 04:04 PM
So you're saying that it will just take the whole season for you to get over losing Jay Cutler?

If you want to be a *****, go ahead.

I don't have tickets this year because my company went belly up and being unemployed, I couldn't afford the $6000 for the season.

It had NOTHING to do with Cutler.

Tempus Fugit
08-30-2009, 04:05 PM
Irony, with a side of fries.

Lonestar
08-30-2009, 04:06 PM

while it might no be as big..

to this young of a team with almost no leadership yet, it could indeed be an issue..

I do not think this would have happened with Rod or John Lynch on the team.. they would have taken him out to the woodshed..

Poet
08-30-2009, 04:09 PM

I don't have tickets this year because my company went belly up and being unemployed, I couldn't afford the $6000 for the season.

Many would argue that you're just as big of a ***** as I am.

I'm sorry that your company went belly up. While I think you suck, and believe me you do suck, I wouldn't take a MB grudge to that extent. I hope you can either fix your company or find another way to make a lot of money and live comfortably.

You really do blow though.

Lonestar
08-30-2009, 04:13 PM

actually that was not the impression you gave when he was traded..

NOW I'm sorry that your had issues with your company but you have come across as a hater of Josh Etal and when he had the nerve to trade jay you cut the broncos out of your life..

That is how a it appeared to one and all..

I'm glad you have at least come clean on the real reasons for it..

good luck in finding a job I fear the economy is not going to make it easy...

My prayers will be with you..

Broncos Mtnman
08-30-2009, 04:21 PM

NOW I'm sorry that your had issues with your company but you have come across as a hater of Josh Etal and when he had the nerve to trade jay you cut the broncos out of your life..

That is how a it appeared to one and all..

As I've posted many times, and to you directly, I was opposed to Mickey Mouse BEFORE anything involving Cutler took place. Check the threads. I opposed it before he was even hired.

I'm glad you have at least come clean on the real reasons for it..

I didn't "come clean" on anything. I had just had it with King and MB acting like ****** about the whole thing while not knowing their ass from a hole in the ground.

good luck in finding a job I fear the economy is not going to make it easy...

My prayers will be with you..

I'll take all the prayers I can get.

MOtorboat
08-30-2009, 04:26 PM

Yes, it very well was the impression that was given. There was an unfortunate real world situation that none of us were aware of, and that's too bad, but if you're going to be an ******* about things and act as if that's why you got rid of your tickets and then bitch and moan when people bring it up, that's your own damn problem.

Poet
08-30-2009, 04:29 PM
As I've posted many times, and to you directly, I was opposed to Mickey Mouse BEFORE anything involving Cutler took place. Check the threads. I opposed it before he was even hired.

I didn't "come clean" on anything. I had just had it with King and MB acting like ****** about the whole thing while not knowing their ass from a hole in the ground.

I'll take all the prayers I can get.

Oh, you mean you had it with two posters who treated you the same way you treat posters all over the MB?

I already knew that several months ago you lost your season tickets. I also recall that you started the thread after Cutler was traded and made the remark that losing Cutler didn't help the cause.

The remark that I made was a dig made at you in the same fashion you make at other posters. Glad to know that you CAN'T take it like a man.

Lonestar
08-30-2009, 04:47 PM
OK lets get away from the personal stuff and lets get

Lonestar
08-30-2009, 04:52 PM
OK lets get away from the personal stuff and lets get

OK now lets be good Broncos Fans tonight..

weazel
08-30-2009, 05:29 PM
hi's a grown man-child... he isn't going to change. I have more respect to Javon Walker than this assclown.

EastCoastBronco
08-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Marshall reminds me of Rod Tidwell. He may get the "coin" but he will never have the "kwan"...;-)