PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Seinfeld

SR
11-18-2007, 08:21 AM
I just tried to watch his stand-up that was on HBO some time ago called "This is the last time I'm telling you". He's not funny. Why on Earth does he get paid so damn much for not being that funny?

KCL
11-18-2007, 10:36 AM
I just tried to watch his stand-up that was on HBO some time ago called "This is the last time I'm telling you". He's not funny. Why on Earth does he get paid so damn much for not being that funny?

Because his sitcom was a hit and he can demand that much money and get it and people will pay big bucks to go see him.

Also there are probably people who are big fans that does think he is funny.

SR
11-18-2007, 10:40 AM
Because his sitcom was a hit and he can demand that much money and get it and people will pay big bucks to go see him.

Also there are probably people who are big fans that does think he is funny.

Well obviously, otherwise his show wouldn't have been such a success and he wouldn't have been the highest paid TV actor in history. To me, being young, his comedy didn't seem like stuff that would appeal to most young people...I watched an hour long special and didn't laugh out loud once.

KCL
11-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Well obviously, otherwise his show wouldn't have been such a success and he wouldn't have been the highest paid TV actor in history. To me, being young, his comedy didn't seem like stuff that would appeal to most young people...I watched an hour long special and didn't laugh out loud once.

why did you watch the whole hour? was you bored?;)

SR
11-18-2007, 10:49 AM
I was waiting to see if it got funny...

Jody
11-19-2007, 05:38 PM

His 'type' of humor was funny about 15 years ago, but no longer.
It's called 'beating a dead horse'. :D

SR - I love how you complain - straight out with it!

Reidman
11-19-2007, 07:52 PM
His standup is not funny at all but his wry humor is funny on some level when he's in a sitcom

KCL
11-19-2007, 07:56 PM
I never did watch Seinfield....I havent watched sitcoms in years.

The only two I ever watched was Married with Children and

Roseanne.

My daughter says her dad and I remind her of Roseanne and Dan

the way we go back and forth at each other and some of the things

I say to her...:confused:

Jody
11-19-2007, 09:23 PM
I never did watch Seinfield....I havent watched sitcoms in years.

The only two I ever watched was Married with Children and

Roseanne.

My daughter says her dad and I remind her of Roseanne and Dan

the way we go back and forth at each other and some of the things

I say to her...:confused:

I believe your daughter. You are awfully 'sassy'. :D

KCL
11-19-2007, 10:09 PM
I believe your daughter. You are awfully 'sassy'. :D

Well I guess it takes one to know one and no lie...when hubby and I are
messing with each other (good and bad) she says You two sound like
Dan and Roseanne and I have never held back when I want to speak
my mind.No sense in doing that.;) I am sure you can relate to that.

Jody
11-19-2007, 10:13 PM
Well I guess it takes one to know one and no lie...when hubby and I are
messing with each other (good and bad) she says You two sound like
Dan and Roseanne and I have never held back when I want to speak
my mind.No sense in doing that.;) I am sure you can relate to that.

Relate all too well. I've put foot in mouth many times in my life, but....
my I'm free in my mind and heart - it's out there, for better or for worse. :D
It's a freedom all of it's own!

Slick
11-19-2007, 10:24 PM

I've never been a Seinfeld fan either SR, sitcoms in general.

There is one that I like though. Try Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, (it's on FX although I have to download episodes on utorrent, no FX in Mexico) I think that might be more your style.

KCL
11-19-2007, 11:12 PM
Relate all too well. I've put foot in mouth many times in my life, but....
my I'm free in my mind and heart - it's out there, for better or for worse. :D
It's a freedom all of it's own!

Putting your foot in your mouth is a freedom?:confused:

:laugh:

Jody
11-19-2007, 11:18 PM
Putting your foot in your mouth is a freedom?:confused:

How do I delete your post here? :confused:

:D

Roseanne FITS you well!

KCL
11-19-2007, 11:24 PM
How do I delete your post here? :confused:

:D

Roseanne FITS you well!

why would you want to delete my post?

Jody
11-19-2007, 11:34 PM
why would you want to delete my post?

Just to mess with ya. :D

I'm glad to hear you're full of hutspa (houtspa? hutzpa?)! You're always so sweet on the board. Well....on BM I guess I saw you show your spine a few times. Which I enjoyed very much, Roseanne. :D May I call you, Rosey?

KCL
11-19-2007, 11:42 PM
Just to mess with ya. :D

I'm glad to hear you're full of hutspa (houtspa? hutzpa?)! You're always so sweet on the board. Well....on BM I guess I saw you show your spine a few times. Which I enjoyed very much, Roseanne. :D May I call you, Rosey?

Me...sweet:confused: I have never been called that and NO YOU MAY
NOT CALL ME ROSIE.... :mad:

Jody
11-19-2007, 11:45 PM
Me...sweet:confused: I have never been called that and NO YOU MAY
NOT CALL ME ROSIE.... :mad:

Ha! Nice try acting 'evil'....you just too SWEET! :eviltongue:

KCL
11-19-2007, 11:59 PM
Ha! Nice try acting 'evil'....you just too SWEET! :eviltongue:

That was no act...I can be evil when I need to and this is one

of those times :evil:

Jody
11-20-2007, 12:04 AM
That was no act...I can be evil when I need to and this is one

of those times :evil:

Now THAT'S one scary smiley.... :scared:

KCL
11-20-2007, 12:06 AM
Now THAT'S one scary smiley.... :scared:

No this is :naughty:

Jody
11-20-2007, 12:09 AM
No this is :naughty:

SR - turn her into the board police for thread killing.

She's SO smooooth! :D

KCL
11-20-2007, 12:11 AM
SR - turn her into the board police for thread killing.

She's SO smooooth! :D

Excuse me??? Me thread killing...:confused: I was only following
your lead.

and answer my question...Ms Jody.

Simple Jaded
11-20-2007, 12:48 AM
Seinfeld is great, his sitcom is one of the best ever.

Humor is subjective, but I like 99% of comedians......

SR
11-21-2007, 03:12 AM
I've never been a Seinfeld fan either SR, sitcoms in general.

There is one that I like though. Try Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia, (it's on FX although I have to download episodes on utorrent, no FX in Mexico) I think that might be more your style.

I see that show on AFN from time to time. The show I really like right now is 30Rock, which is weird because I'm not a big Baldwin fan.

shank
02-14-2008, 01:06 AM
i'm only 20 and i'm a big fan of seinfeld's.

i love the show and have 1-9 on dvd.

i have seen 'last time' and i thought it was pretty funny stuff.

his comedy is now pretty dated, but it's still good, and is 'funny cause it's true' type humor.

give me seinfeld 341354545 times before you give me any female standup comedian ever.

Benetto
02-14-2008, 02:02 AM
Jerry Seinfeld is a comedy Genius...Everyone has their own taste in comedy, so his act or show might not appeal to all...To me, his early 90's stuff was pure genius. Especially the way he would portray real incidents in his show. The characters were also Great! Just an all around great comedian..How could you guys not like his stuff?

I am 27 and love his show..Have watched every episode at least 2-3 times. Some 5-6 times...Can't get enough Seinfeld..

He is a jerk though in real life. Seems like all the money and fame gave him a big head. Really big head. He's a jerk.

Slick7- I also watch Sunny in Philly..Charlie is probably one of the funniest characters in TV history. Great show..Highly recommend to people who like twisted HBO style humor.

shank
02-15-2008, 12:04 AM
Jerry Seinfeld is a comedy Genius...Everyone has their own taste in comedy, so his act or show might not appeal to all...To me, his early 90's stuff was pure genius. Especially the way he would portray real incidents in his show. The characters were also Great! Just an all around great comedian..How could you guys not like his stuff?

I am 27 and love his show..Have watched every episode at least 2-3 times. Some 5-6 times...Can't get enough Seinfeld..

He is a jerk though in real life. Seems like all the money and fame gave him a big head. Really big head. He's a jerk.

Slick7- I also watch Sunny in Philly..Charlie is probably one of the funniest characters in TV history. Great show..Highly recommend to people who like twisted HBO style humor.

i don't know about a total jerk. have you seen the movie 'comedian' about him trying to get back into doing standup? he seems like a pretty decent guy in that, though that's the only real (and real isn't really real ya know) experience i have of the guy.

ASIP is my 2nd favorite show behind rescue me. the characters are hilarious, the stories are perfect, and the acting is top notch.

danny devito: 'go for it, go for it' at the dance club keeps me from breathing i laugh so hard.

the steroids episode, when charlie is eating the sandwich and switching between emotions is one of the funniest things i've ever seen on tv.

Benetto
02-15-2008, 03:22 AM
i don't know about a total jerk. have you seen the movie 'comedian' about him trying to get back into doing standup? he seems like a pretty decent guy in that, though that's the only real (and real isn't really real ya know) experience i have of the guy.

ASIP is my 2nd favorite show behind rescue me. the characters are hilarious, the stories are perfect, and the acting is top notch.

danny devito: 'go for it, go for it' at the dance club keeps me from breathing i laugh so hard.

the steroids episode, when charlie is eating the sandwich and switching between emotions is one of the funniest things i've ever seen on tv.

The scene where he's eating the sandwich, Deandra notices her pills gone and drops the bottle...Freakin classic...That whole episode is hilarious..