PDA

View Full Version : Wes Welker in Denver will impact Broncos statistics — his own too

Denver Native (Carol)
04-01-2013, 08:52 PM
Today's question about the Broncos comes from Kody Lane:

Q: Can Wes Welker make up on offense what Elvis Dumervil could have done on defense?

A: Kody, the Broncos aren't looking at it like that. They'll have to mix-and-match some other folks to account for Dumervil's sack totals in the defense. But there is no question Welker's addition has them making big plans on offense.

The Broncos feel like they have the other pieces in place — most notably Peyton Manning at quarterback and two 1,000-yard receivers in Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker — to pump up the production.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22918949/wes-welker-denver-will-impact-broncos-statistics-mdash

Ravage!!!
04-02-2013, 10:44 AM
I'm confused by the question the guy asked. Was he serious? Was he just trying to be sarcastic with that question?

CoachChaz
04-02-2013, 10:46 AM
I dont know if there is a metric to measure it, but I'm guessing his question is along the lines of..."if Dumervil's defensive production over the course of a season saves us 40 points, will the addition of Welker exceed the loss of that?"

Whatever that number may be

TXBRONC
04-02-2013, 11:04 AM
I dont know if there is a metric to measure it, but I'm guessing his question is along the lines of..."if Dumervil's defensive production over the course of a season saves us 40 points, will the addition of Welker exceed the loss of that?"

Whatever that number may be

I'm sure there metric to provided a working theroy.