PDA

View Full Version : Champ Bailey on Cutler

Gimpygod
08-28-2009, 04:17 PM
I was just watching the webcast of ESPN radio 1600 with Vic Lombardi and they were talking about Jay. When talking about Cutler and the situation champ said, and I quote, "he is the most popular player we have traded." And a few sentences later, "he is a great quarterback." Apparently Bailey isn't as "in the know" as many posters here and wasn't aware that Cutler was a crybaby and cancer on the team who always pouted by himself on the bench... he should pay better attention I guess. Also, where did he get off calling him a great quarterback when all he has ever done is be a perennial Pro bowl cornerback facing the greatest quarterbacks of the last decade or so and then compared Cutler's ability against his own experience?! I mean, how many posts has he made... exactly! None, so where is he coming off as knowledgeable.:salute:

Dortoh
08-28-2009, 04:39 PM
I'd love to help stir the pot here but pregame smoke blowing is pretty common.

NightTrainLayne
08-28-2009, 04:39 PM
Champ's been in the league way too long to give the opposition bulletin-board material.

Besides, only a handful of people cast Cutler in the light that you paint them with. Even those that understand why the trade happened would quickly admit that Cutler was supremely talented.

Thnikkaman
08-28-2009, 04:49 PM
I was just watching the webcast of ESPN radio 1600 with Vic Lombardi and they were talking about Jay. When talking about Cutler and the situation champ said, and I quote, "he is the most popular player we have traded." And a few sentences later, "he is a great quarterback." Apparently Bailey isn't as "in the know" as many posters here and wasn't aware that Cutler was a crybaby and cancer on the team who always pouted by himself on the bench... he should pay better attention I guess. Also, where did he get off calling him a great quarterback when all he has ever done is be a perennial Pro bowl cornerback facing the greatest quarterbacks of the last decade or so and then compared Cutler's ability against his own experience?! I mean, how many posts has he made... exactly! None, so where is he coming off as knowledgeable.:salute:

Cutler has great physical talent. I loved him as a Bronco. Through the Broncos organization's fault or not, he decided he didn't want to be a Bronco anymore. Thus, I don't want to be a fan of his anymore.

Its as simple as that.

----------------
Now playing: Dom Kennedy – It Was Beautiful (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/dom+kennedy/track/it+was+beautiful)
via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

claymore
08-28-2009, 05:07 PM
Cutler has great physical talent. I loved him as a Bronco. Through the Broncos organization's fault or not, he decided he didn't want to be a Bronco anymore. Thus, I don't want to be a fan of his anymore.

Its as simple as that.

----------------
Now playing: Dom Kennedy – It Was Beautiful (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/dom+kennedy/track/it+was+beautiful)

Tink, get on the I told you so wagon with me.

Dortoh
08-28-2009, 05:11 PM
I just wish McD would stop smacking his lips. I bet that is what frustrated Brandon to the point of kicking footballs at practice.

Ravage!!!
08-28-2009, 05:14 PM
I just wish McD would stop smacking his lips. I bet that is what frustrated Brandon to the point of kicking footballs at practice.

lol.. thats cause he can't stop smirking long enough to talk :lol:

Thnikkaman
08-28-2009, 05:17 PM
Tink, get on the I told you so wagon with me.

I would, but its crowded. I think I'll walk.

Unless you are coming to the Browns game, your license to call me Tink as been revoked. You've changed man. :yardog:

----------------
Now playing: Jay Dee – Stressed Out (Raphael Saadiq's Remix) Featuring Faith Evans and Raphael Saadiq (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/jay+dee/track/stressed+out++featuring+faith+evans+and+raphael+sa adiq)

underrated29
08-28-2009, 05:26 PM

Dude i made a thread on that and all i got was bitc** out for it. I couldnt stand it the very first time i saw him on tape when we first hired him.

I dont know how the hell bowlen or anyone else could sit with an interview with him. I would be like hey- you do that stupid thing with your lips one more time and you will not get the job.

The Mclip smack.

I am changing my avy to that.

FanInAZ
08-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Champ's been in the league way too long to give the opposition bulletin-board material.

Besides, only a handful of people cast Cutler in the light that you paint them with. Even those that understand why the trade happened would quickly admit that Cutler was supremely talented.

True, but this is only a pre-season game. Both coaches are going to be focused on...

1. evalluating tallent.

2. making such that all of the players are on the same page. Especially the 1st and 2nd string

Therefore, Lovie Smith is not going to call plays that will give Cutler a chance to get revenge for anything said or done over the past few months. In fact, he will probably sit out the second half.

Because they are not scheduled to play each other this season, the only way that any trash talk would come into play is if both team reach the SB. I know that sounds absurd, but if I would have predicted the Cards to make the SB at this time last year, I would have been laughed off the site.

Bottom line, this is not the XFL or WWF. This is the NFL. Although there are some players who do trash talk, most extend professional courtesy to their opponents when talking about them.

SR
08-28-2009, 05:44 PM
You've changed man

:whoknows:

Dortoh
08-28-2009, 05:45 PM
Dude i made a thread on that and all i got was bitc** out for it. I couldnt stand it the very first time i saw him on tape when we first hired him.

I dont know how the hell bowlen or anyone else could sit with an interview with him. I would be like hey- you do that stupid thing with your lips one more time and you will not get the job.

The Mclip smack.

I am changing my avy to that.

You probably made that thread before McD started um well making changes.

Broncos Mtnman
08-28-2009, 05:56 PM

Sounds like Champ has a love thing for Cutler or is just a hater of Mickey Mouse.

He should just become a Bears fan.

:coffee:

topscribe
08-28-2009, 06:07 PM
Sounds like Champ has a love thing for Cutler or is just a hater of Mickey Mouse.

He should just become a Bears fan.

Some people tend to take satire seriously, Mtnman . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

LRtagger
08-28-2009, 06:14 PM
This is the second or third thread about this but I will go ahead and say what I said in the others...

Champ Bailey is on record as saying Bob Slowik is a great defensive coordinator.

Day1BroncoFan
08-28-2009, 06:17 PM
I'd like to see DW on cutler come Sunday evening. :D

claymore
08-28-2009, 06:17 PM
This is the second or third thread about this but I will go ahead and say what I said in the others...

Champ Bailey is on record as saying Bob Slowik is a great defensive coordinator.

Champ is a corporate guy. He is a business man and has one more payday left in him. He says all the right things.

claymore
08-28-2009, 06:18 PM
I'd like to see DW on cutler come Sunday evening. :D

Darrent Williams has nothing to do with this. You JMCD guys are mean as hell.

Nature Boy
08-28-2009, 06:24 PM
Cutler was a great QB in Denver. Seeing him line up and play in a Bears uniform, he looked even better. I suppose the reason is, Cutler's no longer with us so having to face him and his abilities on the field is what's scary.

claymore
08-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Cutler was a great QB in Denver. Seeing him line up and play in a Bears uniform, he looked even better. I suppose the reason is, Cutler's no longer with us so having to face him and his abilities on the field is what's scary.

Whats even scarier is that our starting QB is Orton, and our new #2 is Brandsterhausenfields.

Watchthemiddle
08-28-2009, 09:02 PM

:rofl:

He sure does know his QB's

Northman
08-29-2009, 12:30 AM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Nature Boy
08-29-2009, 12:56 AM

With the D-lineman the Broncos had last season, no D-coordinator could have done anything. Combined with the fact that Slowick had to fix Jim Bates' mess, you can't pin the complete blame on Slowick.

Northman
08-29-2009, 01:02 AM
With the D-lineman the Broncos had last season, no D-coordinator could have done anything. Combined with the fact that Slowick had to fix Jim Bates' mess, you can't pin the complete blame on Slowick.

You got that right. I blame Travis Henry too.

Nature Boy
08-29-2009, 01:04 AM
You got that right. I blame Travis Henry too.

You also blame Cutler for the defense as well.

Northman
08-29-2009, 01:05 AM

And dont leave out the waterboy, he really stunk it up.

Watchthemiddle
08-29-2009, 01:33 AM

It's complementary football. Turnovers by the Cutler led offense and 3 and outs sure didn't help a depleted defense.

Shazam!
08-29-2009, 01:34 AM

Yeah, those CBs playing 10 yards back and LBs playing r&r has everything to do with the DL...

Nature Boy
08-29-2009, 01:39 AM
It's complementary football. Turnovers by the Cutler led offense and 3 and outs sure didn't help a depleted defense.

So you're saying Cutler wasn't one of the best QBs playing last year because he threw a few ints leading an pass happy offense with 5th and 6th string RBs?

pffts...:rolleyes:

Watchthemiddle
08-29-2009, 01:41 AM
So you're saying Cutler wasn't one of the best QBs playing last year because he threw a few ints leading an pass happy offense with 5th and 6th string RBs?

pffts...:rolleyes:

THanks for totally butchering my own words and missing the point.

your done

Nature Boy
08-29-2009, 01:44 AM
Yeah, those CBs playing 10 yards back and LBs playing r&r has everything to do with the DL...

Don't forget that Bailey was hurt much of the season and that soft coverage defense started with Jim bates. Then there was the safety issue or lack of one where we started a 7th round pick rookie.

broncophan
08-29-2009, 02:01 AM

Champ needs to not be concerned with who the broncos trade on offense......and just worry about the defense......our defensive leader and the entire defense sure did not seem to be "in the know" last season.

NightTrainLayne
08-29-2009, 09:32 AM
Don't forget that Bailey was hurt much of the season and that soft coverage defense started with Jim bates. Then there was the safety issue or lack of one where we started a 7th round pick rookie.

No.

That soft coverage was Slowik all the way. Slowik was the defensive backs coach when Bates and Coyer were the coordinators. He developed that idea with Champ before he became coordinator, and made it one of the hallmarks of his own defense.

Slowik was the common denominator in our terrible defenses of the past few years.

rcsodak
08-29-2009, 11:35 AM

O!M!G!!!!

Like, wow, ya know?

:shocked:

:laugh:

1. Name any other player that denver has traded? None? Really? WOW!

2. He's set to play against him in a couple days. Ya really think he's gonna come out and say he's the worst qb ever? Has he EVER come out and denigrated an NFL qb? I don't think I've ever heard him even denounce an UDFA qb.

But you keep chucking away, with attempts at denigrating anything/everything McD. Maybe you'll hit a bullseye before you're all done. ;)

LRtagger
08-29-2009, 01:49 PM
No.

That soft coverage was Slowik all the way. Slowik was the defensive backs coach when Bates and Coyer were the coordinators. He developed that idea with Champ before he became coordinator, and made it one of the hallmarks of his own defense.

Slowik was the common denominator in our terrible defenses of the past few years.

If anyone needs further proof, go back and check the stats from the year he was DC in green bay...where he shattered franchise records for terrible defense.

Is it just a coincidence that he was fired and Jim Bates was hired and turned their defense around? And we have people blaming Slowiks debacle of a defense on Bates hahahahahhahahahahahahahahha

broncfn90
08-29-2009, 08:58 PM
he is a very talented QB... gezz I cant wait till Cutler runs it up and Orton sucks so all of you can stop with this cry- baby, cancer to the team bullshit

Watchthemiddle
08-29-2009, 09:11 PM
he is a very talented QB... gezz I cant wait till Cutler runs it up and Orton sucks so all of you can stop with this cry- baby, cancer to the team bullshit

Are you in any way related to nature boy?

Once again, another "Crushler" fan rather than a Bronco fan.

www.chicagobears.com is calling your name

broncfn90
08-29-2009, 09:18 PM

nice comeback :rolleyes:

rcsodak
08-30-2009, 01:52 AM

So his play sunday night, against denver, will make everything in his past, disappear?

LMAO!

Maybe you didn't watch the games, but we did.

He DID sit and mope.

He DID make scenes.

He WAS a cry-baby.

Just saying he wasn't, and comparing his play to Orton's, doesn't change the past.

.....next.....

tumbana
08-30-2009, 01:54 AM
So his play sunday night, against denver, will make everything in his past, disappear?

LMAO!

He DID sit and mope.

He DID make scenes.

He WAS a cry-baby.

Just saying he wasn't, and comparing his play to Orton's, doesn't change the past.

.....next.....

And his actions with that awesome Denver team won't change the fact that he is going to tear up the league and win a lot of games the rest of his career.

pnbronco
08-30-2009, 02:35 AM

Oh my.....:lol: :lol: :lol: I almost fell out of my chair, that was good.

Lonestar
08-30-2009, 05:22 AM

So your saying that slowitt did not have the brains or BALLS tochange the coverage IF it was Bates idea.

Well that explains it completely. :D

Nomad
08-30-2009, 09:26 AM

LMAO!

He DID sit and mope.

He DID make scenes.

He WAS a cry-baby.

.....next.....

rc why bother my friend! Some haven't come to the realization Cutler didn't want to be a BRONCO to begin with and live in the past looking for that next Elway, which some believe Cutler is and he is far from that status. Cutler may play to his full potential with his childhood dream team (who wouldn't) and become a team leader but we didn't see that here in Denver. I guess throwing BRONCOS fans under the bus isn't enough for some either.

topscribe
08-30-2009, 09:42 AM

Have to agree with WTM on this point. If I understand correctly, you want the
Bears QB to succeed and the Broncos QB to fail, right? So, if Cutler "runs it up"
and Orton "sucks," that means the Bears win and the Broncos lose.

Mmmm-hmmm, I do believe you might best fit on that Bears board . . . :coffee:

-----

Thnikkaman
08-30-2009, 10:09 AM

Geez, I can't wait until you stop pretending to be a Broncos fan.

Northman
08-30-2009, 10:52 AM

/thread

silkamilkamonico
08-30-2009, 10:57 AM
I blame Mike Shanahan.

If he was fired 5 years ago like he should have been, Denver would be past all this garbage, and maybe even actually have more than 1 playoff win in the last 10 years.

broncfn90
08-30-2009, 11:35 AM

LMAO!

He DID sit and mope.

He DID make scenes.

He WAS a cry-baby.

.....next.....

not only tonight but thru out the season

you hit 1 out of 3 on the head I remember after a bad drive he would go over to the bench and put on a pouty face instead of rounding up his troops

but the other two.... they're is no proof be hide it

pnbronco
08-30-2009, 11:35 AM

Thnik I have thought so many times of what you told me awhile back that you didn't have many jersey's, we were talking hockey, because the team was more important that the individual players. Then Crosby said in a commercial that the logo in the front means more than the name in the back.

If you consider that there are 4 players left on this team out of 80 that are in camp right now from 2005 team the logo makes a lot more sense to me.

Nomad
08-30-2009, 11:44 AM
Thnik I have thought so many times of what you told me awhile back that you didn't have many jersey's, we were talking hockey, because the team was more important that the individual players. Then Crosby said in a commercial that the logo in the front means more than the name in the back.

If you consider that there are 4 players left on this team out of 80 that are in camp right now from 2005 team the logo makes a lot more sense to me.

You're right pn! Players come and go, yes the players are what make the team but team players are the ones that stick it out through adversity and swallow their pride to make the team better. In today's NFL, this concept is all but forgotten. It's a 'ME' league so I'll be a BRONCOS fan before a player fan and yes the BRONCOS do make mistakes on their decisions sometimes.

Northman
08-30-2009, 11:48 AM

Especially this day and age of the NFL. One would just have to look at Favre and understand that. The dude was the face and icon of the GB Packers and now look where he is? Quietly rooting for some of your favorite players is one thing. But rooting for them to beat your favorite team? No chance in hell.

Tned
08-30-2009, 11:54 AM
Let's all say it together:

We are fans of the Denver Broncos
We all want the same thing, to feel the thrill of watching our team -- the Denver Broncos -- win
Over the years, different quarterbacks have lined up under center (or even guard), but one thing has remained the same -- My team is the Denver Broncos
While at times I might root for one player a little more than the others, one constant is I always root for my team, the Denver Broncos
Regardless of the number of wins this season, next season or in the next decade, my team is the Denver Broncos
my TEAM is the Denver Broncos

Nomad
08-30-2009, 11:57 AM
Let's all say it together:

We are fans of the Denver Broncos
We all want the same thing, to feel the thrill of watching our team -- the Denver Broncos -- win
Over the years, different quarterbacks have lined up under center (or even guard), but one thing has remained the same -- My team is the Denver Broncos
While at times I might root for one player a little more than the others, one constant is I always root for my team, the Denver Broncos
Regardless of the number of wins this season, next season or in the next decade, my team is the Denver Broncos
my TEAM is the Denver Broncos

You may want to sticky next to the BRONCOS logo!!

Tned
08-30-2009, 12:05 PM
You may want to sticky next to the BRONCOS logo!!

I'll do that as soon as I found where my wife put my Cutler jersey, which I need to wear for tonight's game!! :laugh:

Northman
08-30-2009, 02:41 PM
I'll do that as soon as I found where my wife put my Cutler jersey, which I need to wear for tonight's game!! :laugh:

Some guy on the Mane got a Cutler Jersey that he's going to wear tonight. But instead of saying Cutler it says "Judas". :lol:

Freaking awesome.

pnbronco
08-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Some guy on the Mane got a Cutler Jersey that he's going to wear tonight. But instead of saying Cutler it says "Judas". :lol:

Freaking awesome.

I have 3, yes 3 Cutler jerseys and all signed. I got 2 of the them for the Foundation, dummy me. I have the Meck jersey and the Scheff jersey out for my husband and myself. I would wear the Meck but it's looks like a dress on me, it was a sweet gift from him, so I'll wear the Scheff and we will have a comb of the best of old and new. Sorry guys I love that kid (Shef)....:D

Northman
08-30-2009, 05:01 PM
I have 3, yes 3 Cutler jerseys and all signed. I got 2 of the them for the Foundation, dummy me. I have the Meck jersey and the Scheff jersey out for my husband and myself. I would wear the Meck but it's looks like a dress on me, it was a sweet gift from him, so I'll wear the Scheff and we will have a comb of the best of old and new. Sorry guys I love that kid (Shef)....:D

Nah, i dont blame you. If not for my laziness when it comes to buying jersey's i would of had a Cutler one at some point. Perhaps he will be a HOF'r someday unfortuantely it wont be with us. As much as he has become the enemy i hope he has learned a valuable lesson from all this.

Watchthemiddle
08-30-2009, 06:10 PM
I tend to buy retired Jersey's...its the only safe bet while spending my money. The only one I have is a T.D. jersey. My wife has an Elway jersey.