Denver Native (Carol)
08-28-2009, 12:03 PM
Should be getting under way shortly:

http://www.9news.com/

Also here, whenever it starts.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/video/20438441/index.html

Tned
08-28-2009, 12:14 PM
I just went to it and it says it will begin shortly. Is it over, or are they still waiting to start?

Denver Native (Carol)
08-28-2009, 12:17 PM
I just went to it and it says it will begin shortly. Is it over, or are they still waiting to start?

Just starting

Tned
08-28-2009, 12:29 PM
Hopefully, there is a transcript. Some highlights:

He was warned prior to Wednesday's practice (when the video was taken).
He didn't attend practice yesterday, but has been in the meetings.
He was suspended for a accumulation of actions that he wouldn't go into, but the warning prior to Wednesday's practice was related to this cumulation of events.
Marshall and his agent have acted very professional in not airing the results of their meetings that have not always gone perfectly.
Players are not given playbooks (was asked something) and he reiterated, I don't know where that came from, we don't give out playbooks -- players don't have playbooks.
Marshall has been in tons of meetings, he is a bright football player, he can learn our offense.

MHCBill
08-28-2009, 12:32 PM
Marshall is a tool.

He's overrated and I'm looking forward to buying my Eddie Royal jersey.

Josh McDaniels will prove that his system of X's and O's works, as well as how you run a team.

CoachChaz
08-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Solid. I like the approach Josh is taking with this

Tned
08-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Some more

Brandon has not been a distraction to the team. He has not seen one, not one, instance where any other player has been distracted by this.
The other players are focused on getting ready for an NFL season, and Chicago this weekend. It hasn't been a distraction.
He comes back on the 6th and he is hopefull that everything will work and he will play for the Broncos this season.
He said he isn't saying it will happen, but he is hopeful.
Whether Brandon is on the team or not, they have a good receiving corp and will be fine.
While he is a talent, they haven't been able to put the time into figuring out specifically how they would use Marshall, because with injuries and stuff, he hasn't practiced constantly enough.
Health isn't an issue, he has run, caught, got seperation -- that isn't an issue.
He wouldn't shy away from communicating with Marshall (didn't sound like he would initiate -- couldn't hear the question), but he would not shy away from communicating with him between now and the 6th.

CoachChaz
08-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Marshall is a tool.

He's overrated and I'm looking forward to buying my Eddie Royal jersey.

Josh McDaniels will prove that his system of X's and O's works, as well as how you run a team.

I can get authentics for $100 if you're interested.

claymore
08-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Josh sounded kinda pissed he had to explain himself.

CoachChaz
08-28-2009, 12:40 PM

I agree. But I guess if a fan in Iowa was constipated and blamed me for it, I'd eventually get a little frustrated too.

claymore
08-28-2009, 12:42 PM
I agree. But I guess if a fan in Iowa was constipated and blamed me for it, I'd eventually get a little frustrated too.

I wonder if Pat made him do it.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-28-2009, 12:43 PM

I believe anyone in his situation would have sounded that way - first year coach, trying his best to get a team ready for the regular season, trying to get the offense accumulated to a brand new offensive scheme, and then NOTHING but drama - first Cutler, now Marshall

Requiem / The Dagda
08-28-2009, 12:44 PM
I wonder if Pat made him do it.

Just heard that the Coors facility was raided by a man with a fur coat and large sunglasses riding a "walking" horse which appeared to have the number 00 on the back. Dangonnit, Pat it is only 12 PM MST!

Thnikkaman
08-28-2009, 12:44 PM

I apologize for blaming you for my Constapation Coach. :salute:

claymore
08-28-2009, 12:45 PM
I believe anyone in his situation would have sounded that way - first year coach, trying his best to get a team ready for the regular season, trying to get the offense accumulated to a brand new offensive scheme, and then NOTHING but drama - first Cutler, now Marshall
Well if he is going to be around more than 3 years, the good news is it will make him a better man/coach. And how to deal with his kids when they are teenagers.

Just heard that the Coors facility was raided by a man with a fur coat and large sunglasses riding a "walking" horse which appeared to have the number 00 on the back. Dangonnit, Pat it is only 12 PM MST!

:pound:

Northman
08-28-2009, 12:48 PM
Solid. I like the approach Josh is taking with this

Doesnt sound like an arrogant guy to me. Sounds like someone who has a plan and understands perfectly what Brandon is going through and appreciates the way Brandon has handled it as far as the media is concerned.

Tned
08-28-2009, 12:49 PM
I was trying to type while listening. If it looks like I got anything wrong, let me know, and I will update those notes for others that view the thread later.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-28-2009, 12:51 PM
Well if he is going to be around more than 3 years, the good news is it will make him a better man/coach. And how to deal with his kids when they are teenagers.

Not teenagers, but moreso, DEFINITELY not team players.

claymore
08-28-2009, 12:56 PM
Not teenagers, but moreso, DEFINITELY not team players.

Keep in mind his best friend was traded. Marshall used to be a great team player. In fact he played safety for 2 years in college because the secondary was decimated with injuries.

Something happened. I cant put my finger on it, but I dont know why he only cares about himself now.

D1g1tal j1m
08-28-2009, 12:59 PM
Keep in mind his best friend was traded. Marshall used to be a great team player. In fact he played safety for 2 years in college because the secondary was decimated with injuries.

Something happened. I cant put my finger on it, but I dont know why he only cares about himself now.

His safety net is gone (Shan) and now he has to deal with a new HC with a no nonsense attitude (not quite the player friendly coach that Shan was) who is not going to look the other way when Marshall "does his thing."

claymore
08-28-2009, 01:00 PM
His safety net is gone (Shan) and now he has to deal with a new HC with a no nonsense attitude (not quite the player friendly coach that Shan was) who is not going to look the other way when Marshall "does his thing."

We need more depth before McD makes more players disgruntled. Whos next in line for a pay raise? Champ?

Tempus Fugit
08-28-2009, 01:02 PM
We need more depth before McD makes more players disgruntled. Whos next in line for a pay raise? Champ?

I wondered how long it would take for people to go after McDaniels on this again. Even with all the evidence, people are going to keep insisting that it's the coach and not the divas.

Day1BroncoFan
08-28-2009, 01:04 PM

Champ is a team player not an idiot.

claymore
08-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Champ is a team player not an idiot.

Champ wants to win, not rebuild. Alot of this BS about the team buying in to JMCD system hinges on his system working.

claymore
08-28-2009, 01:07 PM
I wondered how long it would take for people to go after McDaniels on this again. Even with all the evidence, people are going to keep insisting that it's the coach and not the divas.

He is the HC right? Marshall is a doosh. everyone knows this. JMCD needed a better plan on how to handle this.

Day1BroncoFan
08-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Champ wants to win, not rebuild. Alot of this BS about the team buying in to JMCD system hinges on his system working.

I agree so why your first post then? Stirring the pot?

CoachChaz
08-28-2009, 01:10 PM

Exactly...and what is it that makes a system work?

How about players believing it and trusting in it and executing. The system working doesnt get the respect of the players...the respect of the players is what makes the system work. So if it fails...alot of it is on the players. That's not a defense of the coach...just fact

Tempus Fugit
08-28-2009, 01:13 PM
He is the HC right? Marshall is a doosh. everyone knows this. JMCD needed a better plan on how to handle this.

I'm sorry, but that's crazy. It's also not what you initially said, and it should really show you just how far your anti-McDaniels bias has taken you.

D1g1tal j1m
08-28-2009, 01:19 PM

So far the only two "disgruntled" players have been Cutler and Marshall. Both were Shan's guys who had been cuddled and wrapped in bubble wrap by the man who drafted and envisioned them leading the Franchise into the future. This didn't happen and Shan was canned. The extensions to their rookie contracts that Cutler and Marshall where looking at (and most likely promised to them by Shan) went out the window when McD was hired. The "disgruntled" QB and WR are looking for their paydays and realized that they wouldn't be handed to them because their old HC is no longer here and they would have to prove themselves to the new guy.

Dortoh
08-28-2009, 01:29 PM

http://www.acspotlight.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/moneyman.jpg

Tned
08-28-2009, 01:30 PM
The video http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=349&videoID=3430&type=broncosTV&year=&month=

Thnikkaman
08-28-2009, 02:08 PM
So far the only two "disgruntled" players have been Cutler and Marshall. Both were Shan's guys who had been cuddled and wrapped in bubble wrap by the man who drafted and envisioned them leading the Franchise into the future. This didn't happen and Shan was canned. The extensions to their rookie contracts that Cutler and Marshall where looking at (and most likely promised to them by Shan) went out the window when McD was hired. The "disgruntled" QB and WR are looking for their paydays and realized that they wouldn't be handed to them because their old HC is no longer here and they would have to prove themselves to the new guy.

Occam's Razor

D1g1tal j1m
08-28-2009, 02:44 PM
Occam's Razor
I prefer Gillette Razors. :D