PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Down the Denver Broncos' Depth Chart After the Peak of Free Agency

DenBronx
03-24-2013, 08:45 PM
Nearly two weeks into the NFL free-agent signing period, the Denver Broncos have brought in some key pieces for a run at the Super Bowl.

Landing (ESPN) Wes Welker was obviously the biggest splash, but the signings of defensive tackle Terrance Knighton and cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie should not be understated either.

There is still time to bring in a pass-rushing defensive end, but the team may look to the draft to add depth to the linebacker and running back positions.

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1579680-breaking-down-the-denver-broncos-depth-chart-after-the-peak-of-free-agency?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Fvsnn+%28FVSNN%29#/articles/1579680-breaking-down-the-denver-broncos-depth-chart-after-the-peak-of-free-agency

DenBronx
03-24-2013, 08:46 PM
It's bleacher report but they still did a solid job.

MOtorboat
03-24-2013, 08:54 PM
Stewart Bradley will start at MLB at this point and Rodgers-Cromartie will play the outside and Harris the slot, unless there are changes.

DenBronx
03-24-2013, 09:03 PM
Stewart Bradley will start at MLB at this point and Rodgers-Cromartie will play the outside and Harris the slot, unless there are changes.

Do you really think Bradley will start at MLB? Is he better than the other MLBs we have on the roster?

MOtorboat
03-24-2013, 09:03 PM
Do you really think Bradley will start at MLB? Is he better than the other MLBs we have on the roster?

Right now, yes.

nevcraw
03-24-2013, 09:32 PM
Bradley is nothing more than a ST player..Irving will be given opp to start unless they draft a stud or get Dansby or BU.

turftoad
03-24-2013, 10:20 PM
Bradley is nothing more than a ST player..Irving will be given opp to start unless they draft a stud or get Dansby or BU.

Not true. Bradley was on of the top rated MLBs the year he was drafted. He played well his first few years in Philly but was injured. Went to AZ and didn't fit the system.
Not saying he's a stud by any means but still willing to give him a chance. If healthy, he could be a good addition.

dogfish
03-25-2013, 01:33 AM
bradley has good range and athletic ability, and is pretty strong in coverage-- irving may get the first chance, but bradley's a solid option if nate struggles. . . he's a young vet with starting experience and the skillset to potentially play all three spots in our scheme-- perfect replacement for DJ, at a fraction of the cost, without the off-field baggage, and he plays special teams. . .

i would've still taken ogletree if not for the DUI, but i doubt elway will touch him with a high pick now. . . DE is obviously our top priority now, even after we sign freeney or abe. . . that guy will be a one or two year rental who gives us 20-30 snaps per game. . . hunter's gone, ayers is in the last year of his contract, beal is a late rounder who hasn't done anything. . . and wolfe is a two-down end who probably fits best at three-tech. . . we need another end, maybe even a high rounder plus a late pick on a developmental type. . . RB and DB round out the needs. . . i doubt linebacker is a priority at all-- if it was, we would have signed fox's old 'backer james anderson to a one-year deal before someone else did, or we'd offer one to karlos dansby. . .

Simple Jaded
03-25-2013, 03:44 AM
My guess is Denver is content with giving Irving a shot at MLB with Bradley as insurance.

Simple Jaded
03-25-2013, 03:55 AM
Jeremy Beal.......that's a sobering thought.

NightTerror218
03-25-2013, 11:27 AM

It is Irving or Johnson's position Bradley will get a shot. But they think it is Irvings time to start. He will be starter going into camp. Position is his to lose but he will split reps with other 2. Bradley is just a Vet to help out the young LB corps.

Lancane
03-25-2013, 11:55 AM
It is Irving or Johnson's position Bradley will get a shot. But they think it is Irvings time to start. He will be starter going into camp. Position is his to lose but he will split reps with other 2. Bradley is just a Vet to help out the young LB corps.

It's quite possible because of his natural fit at the position, despite their youthfulness and talent that Bradley is a better fit at the Mike position, just saying. Too many people are discounting him, but you can bet your *** that he wants to re-spark his career, so he'll give the two pups a run for their money, and may just win the position.

NightTerror218
03-25-2013, 12:47 PM
It's quite possible because of his natural fit at the position, despite their youthfulness and talent that Bradley is a better fit at the Mike position, just saying. Too many people are discounting him, but you can bet your *** that he wants to re-spark his career, so he'll give the two pups a run for their money, and may just win the position.

That is very true but I think is coming in as a contender for position but not as the favorite, I believe Irving is the favorite for be the MLB. He is coming into 3rd year. This is his chance or they may move on and look at draft for a MLB next season.

Lancane
03-25-2013, 12:52 PM
That is very true but I think is coming in as a contender for position but not as the favorite, I believe Irving is the favorite for be the MLB. He is coming into 3rd year. This is his chance or they may move on and look at draft for a MLB next season.

I agree, I think it's Irving's spot to lose, the Broncos are high on his talent and ability, but having Miller and Woodyard leaves him no other place to compete, hence the shot at the mike position. But unlike Irving, Bradley is a true inside linebacker, that could be the end factor for the competition during camp.

NightTerror218
03-25-2013, 12:59 PM
I agree, I think it's Irving's spot to lose, the Broncos are high on his talent and ability, but having Miller and Woodyard leaves him no other place to compete, hence the shot at the mike position. But unlike Irving, Bradley is a true inside linebacker, that could be the end factor for the competition during camp.

Irving would end up being depth behind Miller if Bradley starts. With Travethan and Johnson as backups to WW and Bradley. I would just like to have an answer to the MLB.

Simple Jaded
03-25-2013, 01:07 PM
It's not like Bradley is super old, he came out in the Lawrence Timmons, Jon Beason, Patrick Willis draft. He was a rising prospect in Philli two seasons ago.

NightTerror218
03-25-2013, 01:12 PM
It's not like Bradley is super old, he came out in the Lawrence Timmons, Jon Beason, Patrick Willis draft. He was a rising prospect in Philli two seasons ago.

But he did not do much after and his play seems to have been steadily decreasing. Do not think he bounced back from ACL injury.

Simple Jaded
03-25-2013, 01:31 PM
But he did not do much after and his play seems to have been steadily decreasing. Do not think he bounced back from ACL injury.

He sure sucked in Zona, no arguing that. Maybe he fits better at MLB, maybe he's just ST's help.