PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for nothing Dumbvil

DenBronx
03-24-2013, 05:32 PM
The guy screwed us in the end and we want to be nice about it?

Really???

This is Cutler/McDaniels territory.

We don't need him to win a Championship. He took less guaranteed to play in Baltimore? Are you freakin kidding me right now? I am seriously starting to think the fax wasnt an issue and this was his hidden plan all along.

Simple Jaded
03-24-2013, 05:37 PM
He turned down the Broncos offer at just after 1:00 that Friday, it's not entirely inconceivable that they pulled this shit on purpose. Peace out, Doom.

DenBronx
03-24-2013, 05:40 PM
This shows why the Broncos wanted to cut his salary in the first place. His old contract was for $30M over the next 3 years, and his current contract is for 5 years, $26M, half of what he was getting paid.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/24/dumervils-base-deal-is-five-years-26-million/

DenBronx
03-24-2013, 05:45 PM
Denvers contract had more guarantees in it. It's beyond a head scratcher to me. I can't like the guy anymore, sorry I just can't. I already hate the Ravens and this makes me dislike them even more. Getting close to raider Patriot territory now.

Mannings going to carve them up badly. Dummer won't even have a chance to touch Manning anyway with Welker zipping around everywhere. Sorry Ravens even with this pickup your team still lost the heart and soul on offense and defense. They might have a solid line and Rice on offense but I don't see Flucco doing anywhere near as good with Boldin gone. Reed and Lewis gone too???

WTE
03-24-2013, 05:50 PM
This is too freakin' funny. I'm glad my Patriots never endure this level of inept managerial embarassment.

Simple Jaded
03-24-2013, 05:52 PM
The way I look at it Dumervil refused to take a paycut with Denver, he just did it in the most ****** up way possible.

Simple Jaded
03-24-2013, 05:53 PM
This is too freakin' funny. I'm glad my Patriots never endure this level of inept managerial embarassment.

They do, they just spin it knowing their fans believe anything they say.......

DenBronx
03-24-2013, 05:54 PM

Yet you did with Welker.

#nobraincells #denverstillgonnawin #patsoldanddone #ravens1yearwonder

Simple Jaded
03-24-2013, 05:56 PM
Yet you did with Welker.

#nobraincells #denverstillgonnawin #patsoldanddone #ravens1yearwonder

Matt Walsh says hello too.......

LTC Pain
03-24-2013, 05:56 PM

You mean like signing Brady for less and not using the $$$$$ saved to sign his favorite target, who signed with us!!!!

Army Bronco
03-24-2013, 05:59 PM
This is too freakin' funny. I'm glad my Patriots never endure this level of inept managerial embarassment. The fan base more than makes up for it.

WTE
03-24-2013, 06:09 PM
I wanted Amendola more anyway. But let's get back to Dumbvil. Don't you think Elway was really stupid for asking for the signed contract just a mere one hour before the deadline? Flirtin' with Disaster, don't cha' think?

Simple Jaded
03-24-2013, 06:11 PM
I wanted Amendola more anyway. But let's get back to Dumbvil. Don't you think Elway was really stupid for asking for the signed contract just a mere one hour before the deadline? Flirtin' with Disaster, don't cha' think?

Are you familiar with the Patrtiots deadlines? From what I gather it's pretty much SOP.

chazoe60
03-24-2013, 06:11 PM

Why? Doom turned the contract down 1hr before the deadline then changed his mind 25 minutes later, what makes you think the Broncos weren't trying to sign him earlier. The Broncos FO did everything right, Doom and his agent were the ones who screwed up.

Simple Jaded
03-24-2013, 06:13 PM
Elway shoulda given Dumervil a January deadline. But hindsight, and all that.

Lancane
03-24-2013, 06:16 PM

That is a load of horse crap.

WTE
03-24-2013, 06:18 PM
Guys, the 4.869 mil dead money really stings, huh?

chazoe60
03-24-2013, 06:20 PM

Not really. I'm not responsible for a dime of it. Oh, and we still have the best team in the AFC.

Army Bronco
03-24-2013, 06:21 PM
Why are we yet again turning this into something about the damn Patriots??? F the Pats, F Dume.. let's move on and get revenge on both teams.

Lancane
03-24-2013, 06:23 PM

No, what really stings is when a respected poster comes on to the board and posts bull****, like that New England fans don't do this or that. I actually saw what New England fans were saying after Welker left, none of it too pretty and acting like Amendola was the second coming of Jesus Christ and how Welker wasn't **** without Brady, of course they were just as pissed the day before that the team let him walk. So hindsight is 30/30, with all football fans.

Simple Jaded
03-24-2013, 06:26 PM
That '13 dead money creates cap space in '14 that will be needed to sign young stars like Clady, Thomas, Decker and Miller.

jhildebrand
03-24-2013, 06:29 PM

Queue the tape of Bob Kraft whining about Welker. :coffee:

LTC Pain
03-24-2013, 06:30 PM

You stuck your foot in your mouth so far with that last post that its coming our ass and kicking you in the face.

jhildebrand
03-24-2013, 06:32 PM
I am seriously starting to think the fax wasnt an issue and this was his hidden plan all along.

I agree with everything else but you lost me here. What did Dumervil have to gain by doing this? :confused: He lost. He lost millions. He is bitter and emotional two things you don't want when making a decision because it increases the odds you will make a decision for the wrong reasons.

Dumervil, while a nice piece from a pass rushing standpoint, is a liability in other ways. The Broncos will address this and will be fine. I prefer Osi due to his PO experience over Abraham and Freeney but in the end any of the three would be fine.

Shazam!
03-24-2013, 06:36 PM
Congrats Doom on your 8-8 season and watching Denver in the Super Bowl.

DenBronx
03-24-2013, 06:51 PM

The Bengals will win the division.

weazel
03-24-2013, 06:58 PM

wow, what a cop out... I expect better from you man. You sound like a pathertic jilted girlfriend that starts banging the first guy that comes around and trying to flaunt it in front of the guy that dumped you.

DenBronx
03-24-2013, 07:06 PM
I wanted Amendola more anyway.

You are not being honest with yourself. This is totally insane here. Amendola has a history of injuries and lack of performance, Welker has broke NFL records and has the most receptions in history over the last 6 years. Don't be a fool WTE. In the end you know this stings the Patriots very badly.

I'm not about to say Freeney or Abraham is an upgrade over Dummervil because they arent. He chose to go to a scrub team then so be it but at least i'm honest about his level of play.

Chidoze
03-24-2013, 07:06 PM
I wanted Amendola more anyway
Oh shut up! :lol:

skins_fan82
03-24-2013, 07:07 PM
**** it. As long as it took him to make up his mind, it was clear that Elvis didn't want to be a Bronco THAT bad. Good riddance.

Get Abraham signed and let's move forward.

weazel
03-24-2013, 07:08 PM
You are not being honest with yourself. This is totally insane here. Amendola has a history of injuries and lack of performance, Welker has broke NFL records and has the most receptions in history over the last 6 years. Don't be a fool WTE. In the end you know this stings the Patriots very badly.

I'm not about to say Freeney or Abraham is an upgrade over Dummervil because they arent. He chose to go to a scrub team then so be it but at least i'm honest about his level of play.

Abraham and Freeney have more chance at being better than Dumervil than Amendola does being better than Welker. Abraham and Freeney have proven their worth in this league, Amendola has proven he can be broken fairly easily.

DenBronx
03-24-2013, 07:08 PM
Yep on to the next one.

Everyone else can go eat a bag of dicks.

DenBronx
03-24-2013, 07:11 PM
Abraham and Freeney have more chance at being better than Dumervil than Amendola does being better than Welker. Abraham and Freeney have proven their worth in this league, Amendola has proven he can be broken fairly easily.

Amendola is going to be the Pats next Chad Johnson....lost in a big playbook.

Oh don't forget the Pats lost Woodhead and Llyod too. Gronk, Hernandez and Amendola??? hahaha If Gronk even goes down they are so royallly screwed it not even funny. This is a year where I can see Brady struggling very badly.

Timmy!
03-24-2013, 07:15 PM
:benedictarnold:

**** you Dumervil.

Chidoze
03-24-2013, 07:16 PM
If Dumervil wanted out, he wouldnt have agreed to a pay cut then invent some scheme for his agent to muff up the paperwork. He would have just said thanks but no thanks.

He didnt have any thing to gain from the situation. If anything, the situation hurt him & his agent more than anything.

Chances are, he'd still be a Raven had he refused the pay cut & been released. So it is what it is.

I wish him well :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
03-24-2013, 07:22 PM

Since you definitely do not know the facts - they were told that they needed the SIGNED contract back at 11:00 Denver time.

VonDoom
03-24-2013, 07:23 PM
It goes back to the way this went down, which is what I think is pissing everyone off (including me). If he had just walked away last Friday and tried to test the market, I would have respected his decision. However, he changed his mind at the last minute and was at least partially to blame for faxgate. Then there was all that talk about wanting to be a Bronco, then "praying" on his decision. If he wanted to be here, he would have made it work. It's not like the Broncos offered his less as a FA than the Ravens did. F him. I wanted him above any of the other free agent DE's, but we can make it work without him.

MOtorboat
03-24-2013, 07:24 PM
lol

Drama queen much?

MOtorboat
03-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Denver dicked Dumervil over by not releasing him when he could have made more money (the beginning of free agency, or March 12). Regardless of who's fault it was with faxsco, you don't think Dumervil thought about that?

It's a business, and it may be best for both parties to move on. If he's easily replaceable, as claimed by many, this many people shouldn't be going full "**** Dumervil drama queen" mode...

broncohead
03-24-2013, 07:41 PM
I like dume but honestly all he is is a pass rusher. Even his production dropped last season. I think we can replicate his pass rushing performance with another DE and get better against the run.

Northman
03-24-2013, 07:43 PM

Lol, no offense. We have to win it first in order to rub it in his face.

Nomad
03-24-2013, 07:48 PM
Denver dicked Dumervil over by not releasing him when he could have made more money (the beginning of free agency, or March 12). Regardless of who's fault it was with faxsco, you don't think Dumervil thought about that?

It's a business, and it may be best for both parties to move on. If he's easily replaceable, as claimed by many, this many people shouldn't be going full "**** Dumervil drama queen" mode...

MO = Dumervil's Lone Ranger :D

giving you crap MO.....smile!:)

MOtorboat
03-24-2013, 07:50 PM
MO = Dumervil's Lone Ranger :D

giving you crap MO.....smile!:)

It just goes both ways...and there's no reason the board should be in full on meltdown mode over this.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-24-2013, 07:51 PM

He requested they release him early, which they did not do. But Elway stated they told him to shop around to see what was out there for him.

DenBronx
03-24-2013, 07:51 PM
It just goes both ways...and there's no reason the board should be in full on meltdown mode over this.

why? are you the board police?

MOtorboat
03-24-2013, 07:53 PM
why? are you the board police?

It's a complete overreaction.

I'd rather have Dumervil here, but to go full drama queen on it is kind of funny, to be honest.

DenBronx
03-24-2013, 07:53 PM
He requested they release him early, which they did not do. But Elway stated they told him to shop around to see what was out there for him.

Exactlly, Denver didn't release him early on Tuesday because they tried to retain him. His first offer from us was leaps and bounds better than the one he got from the Ravens. Even while on contract he still was able to test the market.

Nomad
03-24-2013, 07:54 PM

True! I'm over it. Now, let's talk Bailey and safety:lol:

MOtorboat
03-24-2013, 07:55 PM

It's still not the same as being a true free agent. Dumervil and his former agent ****** up bad, but now, to say the Broncos are completely non-complicit in Dumervil leaving is naive.

After all, they didn't stand by their original contract with him, either.

DenBronx
03-24-2013, 07:55 PM

I'd rather have Dumervil here, but to go full drama queen on it is kind of funny, to be honest.

He deserves his balls to get busted.

Removing him from my facebook right now too. He's the enemy now...

If this was "business" like you said then Dume lost money by not being smart.

MOtorboat
03-24-2013, 07:56 PM
True! I'm over it. Now, let's talk Bailey and safety:lol:

Lol...

How about we talk about bringing in a SAFETY to play SAFETY!

DenBronx
It's still not the same as being a true free agent. Dumervil and his former agent ****** up bad, but now, to say the Broncos are completely non-complicit in Dumervil leaving is naive.

After all, they didn't stand by their original contract with him, either.

I too think the same as Elway here. His contract was "out of whack". Thank McDummy for giving Dummyvil that kind of $$$$$.

MOtorboat
He deserves his balls to get busted.

Removing him from my facebook right now too. He's the enemy now...

If this was "business" like you said then Dume lost money by not being smart.

Lol...Facebook?

Even more proof of full drama queen mode...

DenBronx
03-24-2013, 07:58 PM
We cry how it's a "business move" then don't understand why the Broncos didnt pay the 12 mill.

Oh the irony here...

DenBronx
03-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Lol...Facebook?

Even more proof of full drama queen mode...

Annnnd Twitter.

MOtorboat
03-24-2013, 08:01 PM
We cry how it's a "business move" then don't understand why the Broncos paid the 12 mill.

Oh the irony here...

I didn't say that.

Both parties are complicit, in some way and one more than the other, in Dumervil being a Raven today. I believe Dumervil, and especially his agent, are more at fault. But it doesn't mean Denver is just an innocent bystander.

Timmy!
03-24-2013, 08:07 PM

Hush midget, we are gonna burn this ****** to the ground! #pitchforks&torches

Denver Native (Carol)
03-24-2013, 08:13 PM
Dumervil would not have wound up in Baltimore if not for his close relationship with Ravens linebacker coach Don "Wink" Martindale. Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome and head coach John Harbaugh liked Dumervil as a player, but they did not know Dumervil as a person.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_22861666/elvis-dumervil-agrees-contract-baltimore-ravens

DenBronx
03-24-2013, 08:36 PM
Kevin Vickerson stunned by Dumervil’s departure

By Mike Klis

Broncos defensive tackle Kevin Vickerson, who re-signed with Denver a couple hours into free agency on March 12, had not heard that teammate Elvis Dumervil had left for the Baltimore Ravens until I told him a few minutes ago.

“Wow,” Vickerson said.

“Wow.”

“Wow.”

Finally the shock cleared.

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE:
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/03/24/kevin-vickerson-stunned-by-dumervils-departure/18997/

MOtorboat
03-24-2013, 08:40 PM
I wonder of Vickerson set his relationship status to "single?"

rationalfan
03-24-2013, 08:45 PM
When I read these threads I always wonder the same thing: how many people here would have the balls to say these comments to a player's face?

My theory: less than 1 percent.

DenBronx
03-24-2013, 08:52 PM
When I read these threads I always wonder the same thing: how many people here would have the balls to say these comments to a player's face?

lol, have you even ever been to a live game? It happens all the time. Why do you think Plummer flipped off all the Bronco fans???

SR
03-24-2013, 08:54 PM

I wouldn't be afraid to.

DenBronx
03-24-2013, 08:57 PM
The problem is the fans loved Dume more than Dume loved the fans. I don't think he's leaving on good terms at all. Sucks because I really did want him to stay....now he can just finish off the bag of dicks that are left over from the Welker thread.

Slick
03-24-2013, 09:03 PM
You need help Bronx. Are you telling people to eat a bowl on the same day you went to church?

Hilarious meltdown man. Please, don't stop.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-24-2013, 09:08 PM
I don't think it is unrealistic to think that fans should not be upset, although maybe should not have expressed it the way some have. Dumervil was a fan favorite, and when something like this happens, I think fans take it personal, against the Broncos, as well as against the fans.

rationalfan
03-24-2013, 09:25 PM

lol, have you even ever been to a live game? It happens all the time. Why do you think Plummer flipped off all the Bronco fans???

I should clarify, saying it one-on-one to a player's face; without the comfort of group safety.

Army Bronco
03-24-2013, 09:36 PM

I wouldn't be afraid to. Ditto.

DenBronx
03-24-2013, 09:39 PM
I should clarify, saying it one-on-one to a player's face; without the comfort of group safety.

There's alot of things i'd like to say one on one to people. Doesn't mean I'll ever get the chance.

Fine, he punches me then I sue a rich guy. It's a win/win.

DenBronx
03-24-2013, 09:41 PM
You need help Bronx. Are you telling people to eat a bowl on the same day you went to church?

Hilarious meltdown man. Please, don't stop.

I havent been to church in almost 2 years.

Maybe that's my problem. That and the fact Dume was one of my fav Broncos. I hate they way he left and it feels like he betrayed the team. So yeah he's an idiot and the enemy now.

My history is full of overreactions. Just browse the Cutler threads...

Lancane
03-24-2013, 09:43 PM

I would...

Not everyone is intimidated by a man simply because he plays football.

DenBronx
03-24-2013, 09:46 PM
I would...

Just have a camera recording the conversation. Dume has a history of getting in heated exchanges with security guards in parking lots.....so the potential is deffinitely there. However, I would like to be 500k richer.

Lancane
03-24-2013, 09:52 PM
Just have a camera recording the conversation. Dume has a history of getting in heated exchanges with security guards in parking lots.....so the potential is deffinitely there. However, I would like to be 500k richer.

I would love to be richer too, but DB not everyone on the net is a buck nothing wet or overweight bums, I'm not that small of a cat. You forget I played collegiately, why would I be afraid to say something to another athlete simply because he's in the pros? I weigh less then him, but I am also taller then him.

MOtorboat
03-24-2013, 09:54 PM
So, this has now boiled down to a "how big of'a boy are ya now" thing...

Sorry, but pathetic...

Timmy!
03-24-2013, 09:58 PM
Im bigger than u Mo.

MOtorboat
03-24-2013, 10:00 PM
Im bigger than u Mo.

I know.

Fatass.

rationalfan
03-24-2013, 10:00 PM

I would...

In my experience most people don't say anything - regardless of size/occupation/etc.

tubby
03-24-2013, 10:11 PM
I was much more livid when Denver traded Clinton Portis for Champ Bailey.

-claymore

DenBronx
03-24-2013, 10:16 PM
I would love to be richer too, but DB not everyone on the net is a buck nothing wet or overweight bums, I'm not that small of a cat. You forget I played collegiately, why would I be afraid to say something to another athlete simply because he's in the pros? I weigh less then him, but I am also taller then him.

I'm also taller than him, have years of Jiu Jitsu and I submitted so many guys his size countless times. Dume still is a strong guy, younger than me and prob more explosive. Just not sure he would know what to do on the ground.

Saying that....I still would take a beating for a half a mill.

Lancane
03-24-2013, 10:19 PM
I'm also taller than him, have years of Jiu Jitsu and I submitted so many guys his size countless times. Dume still is a strong guy, younger than me and prob more explosive. Just not sure he would know what to do on the ground.

Saying that....I still would take a beating for a half a mill.

Just hope he doesn't get excited while your trying to put him into a submission hold! :lol:

Sort of like that teacher from that movie that was just recently out, damn...I can not remember the name, but he learns mixed martial arts for his students.

DenBronx
03-24-2013, 10:25 PM
Just hope he doesn't get excited while your trying to put him into a submission hold! :lol:

Sort of like that teacher from that movie that was just recently out, damn...I can not remember the name, but he learns mixed martial arts for his students.

Looks funny, been wanting to see it.

I do miss Jiu Jitsu badly! My bro came with me to check it out once...10 minutes into it he was in the restroom throwing up. We worked out a solid hour before even starting. Then had to scrimmage up to 13 guys in one night. We would go for several minutes and try and do as many submissions possible then rotate to the next guy. Most of the guys I trained with are now black belts with the Gracie Academy. I injured my c6 and c7 (my left hand is still numb 2 years later) and was also diagnosed with Colitis....so I had to stop. But, I would have loved to keep going...it was truly a blast, wish I had started when I was young.

MOtorboat
03-24-2013, 10:28 PM
lol

Army Bronco
03-24-2013, 10:46 PM

Looks funny, been wanting to see it.

I do miss Jiu Jitsu badly! My bro came with me to check it out once...10 minutes into it he was in the restroom throwing up. We worked out a solid hour before even starting. Then had to scrimmage up to 13 guys in one night. We would go for several minutes and try and do as many submissions possible then rotate to the next guy. Most of the guys I trained with are now black belts with the Gracie Academy. I injured my c6 and c7 (my left hand is still numb 2 years later) and was also diagnosed with Colitis....so I had to stop. But, I would have loved to keep going...it was truly a blast, wish I had started when I was young. BJJ is awesome. We used to have a fight team here. One of our guys was a 1st Group guy who was a BJJ black belt and learned Must Thai while in Thailand with 1st Group. All our sparring sessions started with saying " only 65% in striking"...lol yeah..that never was the case. Advice, wear a damn mouth piece when sparring..lol I learned the hard way.

Dzone
03-24-2013, 11:14 PM
Screw it. Dumervil is overrated an will spend most of the season in the trainers room with pulled hamstrings, and pulled tendons and ligaments...The dude is fragile and is lucky he lasted as long as he has
No, am not wishing any harm to him, its just that the dude wont last a full season ...Ravens are going to regret this

BroncoWave
03-24-2013, 11:44 PM
Welp, now that this saga is over I think it's a good time to take a break from the board until draft time. See you guys in a month!

Timmy!
03-25-2013, 12:02 AM
lol

Dont mess with me Mo. I wrestled for 10 years, have seen a lot of kung fu movies, am 3-1 in barfights and i once killed a deer. I will wreck u.

Simple Jaded
03-25-2013, 03:37 AM
Anyone else think that rationalfan takes the "rational" thing a little too far?.......

DenBronx
03-25-2013, 06:40 AM
Lol Jaded.

DenBronx
03-25-2013, 06:45 AM
Mui Thai is no joke either. Still think BJJ trumps all though. If you have a mix of BJJ, Wrestling and Boxing then your prob going to be a well rounded fighter.

Northman
03-25-2013, 07:00 AM
I won in Mortal Kombat once. Made Shang Tsung my bitch.

Army Bronco
03-25-2013, 07:36 AM
I won in Mortal Kombat once. Made Shang Tsung my bitch. I watched the movie Mortal Kombat in the theater. I was like 12. But I left the theater feeling badass.

chazoe60
03-25-2013, 07:38 AM
I beat up a bully one time. That little bitch never knew what hit her.

atwater27
03-25-2013, 07:57 AM

http://thatsenuff.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/lmao-seriously-300x225.png

chaoticmayhem
03-25-2013, 08:09 AM
I was actually disappointed a bit in the way Doom played last year. I mean, he had the best pass rusher in the league in Von getting double teamed and he only managed 11 sacks, most in garbage time. He's lost a step for sure after his injury and it's noticeable. Not saying he isn't a good player but certainly not anything special. Abraham had one less sack and the same number of forced fumbles as doom last season, playing on a much inferior defense.

BroncoNut
03-25-2013, 08:14 AM

no it's not. that's just one of your slick bait and hook techniques. As time goes on, more members of the board are becoming aware of this

Mike
03-25-2013, 08:34 AM
http://youtu.be/FcFlp6kl508

TXBRONC
03-25-2013, 09:01 AM
wow, what a cop out... I expect better from you man. You sound like a pathertic jilted girlfriend that starts banging the first guy that comes around and trying to flaunt it in front of the guy that dumped you.

Weazel is your screen name but it's WTE's psycological make up.

BroncoJoe
03-25-2013, 09:18 AM
It's REALLY hard not to hold ill will against him. I do think he tried to pull a fast one on the Broncos, and left them with little choice then to cut him. It's not like he didn't know they were going to renegotiate his inflated contract. In my mind, he just wanted out of town. I honestly think he appreciate all the attention Von got and wanted to go somewhere where he'd be the "star" again.

Nomad
03-25-2013, 10:11 AM
no it's not. that's just one of your slick bait and hook techniques. As time goes on, more members of the board are becoming aware of this

Sounds like MO is a good fisherman.

chazoe60
03-25-2013, 10:13 AM
Sounds like MO is a good fisherman.

He's a shrimp fisherman. :laugh:

Nomad
03-25-2013, 10:15 AM
He's a shrimp fisherman. :laugh:

So if he would go Marlin fishing off the coast of Florida.....you think the fish would pull him him?

chazoe60
03-25-2013, 10:17 AM
So if he would go Marlin fishing off the coast of Florida.....you think the fish would pull him him?

Absolutely. Hell, a clown fish may get that job done.

BroncoNut
03-25-2013, 10:18 AM
It's REALLY hard not to hold ill will against him. I do think he tried to pull a fast one on the Broncos, and left them with little choice then to cut him. It's not like he didn't know they were going to renegotiate his inflated contract. In my mind, he just wanted out of town. I honestly think he appreciate all the attention Von got and wanted to go somewhere where he'd be the "star" again.

very possibly. In any event it's a complex business this NFL. it will be interesting to see how he plays in Baltimore.

Dzone
03-25-2013, 10:21 AM
back to the mma discussion, since Dumervil sucks . Hope we can get this sport going over here in the states. Very enjoyable.lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qttB8Xm00TI

Nomad
03-25-2013, 10:23 AM
very possibly. In any event it's a complex business this NFL. it will be interesting to see how he plays in Baltimore.

He did pretty good here in the 3-4 defense and now he has an All Pro NG. You have probably ordered your Dumervil Ravens jersey already......control the excitement, Nut.

TXBRONC
03-25-2013, 10:37 AM
I too think the same as Elway here. His contract was "out of whack". Thank McDummy for giving Dummyvil that kind of $$$$$.

This just isn't accurate.

At the time Dumervil got that contract isn't wasn't out of whack. His was being paid along the same lines as top flight pass rushers. I remember lots people on this saying "just pay the man" and he did. I am no fan of McDaniels by any stretch because he was very definition of disaster. Nevertheless, blaming McDaniels now doesn't fit the history. IRRC DeMarcus Ware had gotten just the year a huge contract and Dumervil's was right in line with his.

That said, it doesn't make WTE any less of turd.

Thnikkaman
03-25-2013, 10:40 AM
Boo hoo hoo. OMFG Dumervil is gone.

It's a business. If Denver manages to put together a superbowl run, and the Ravens end up the Paper Tigers that they look like right now, then he'll know he ****** up. But honestly, he did what he thought was right for him I've got no problem with it.

Buff
03-25-2013, 10:51 AM
Thread title is gold, Jerry. Gold.

weazel
03-25-2013, 11:00 AM
my favorite quote in the last couple days... someone asked Shannon Sharpe if he would have stayed if the Broncos wanted to restructure... his answer? "I led all te in catches in 01 and took a pay cut. "

It's like I said, some people have class and character, some don't

TXBRONC
03-25-2013, 11:06 AM
my favorite quote in the last couple days... someone asked Shannon Sharpe if he would have stayed if the Broncos wanted to restructure... his answer? "I led all te in catches in 01 and took a pay cut. "

And some are weazels.

rationalfan
03-25-2013, 11:09 AM

i can't find the link, but adam schefter debunked that when he was still at the denver post. he said elway, TD, sharpe, etc. never took pay cuts. they just had money deferred to later years.

rationalfan
03-25-2013, 11:13 AM
Anyone else think that rationalfan takes the "rational" thing a little too far?.......

not as far as some people overreact to, well, anything.

weazel
03-25-2013, 11:15 AM
And some are weazels.

and some have a false sense of self importance

TXBRONC
03-25-2013, 11:24 AM
and some have a false sense of self importance

FTR my last post wasn't meant to be a dig it was a joke.

That said I don't agree with your stance on Dumervil.

TXBRONC
03-25-2013, 11:34 AM
i can't find the link, but adam schefter debunked that when he was still at the denver post. he said elway, TD, sharpe, etc. never took pay cuts. they just had money deferred to later years.

I remember it quite well. Elway was never asked to take a pay cut. I think in '97 he restructured his deal so that Denver could sign guys like Neil Smith Darrien Gordon.

Also IIRC Davis got pay raise in '96 or '97.

Sharpe I don't recall but considering Shanahan's m.o. was to restructure star players contracts not make take true pay like Dumervil was being asked to do.

Nomad
03-25-2013, 11:38 AM
I forget, but why did Sharpe leave for the Ravens? Ravens have always been the BRONCOS PITA team, whether on the field or off:lol:

TXBRONC
03-25-2013, 11:45 AM
I forget, but why did Sharpe leave for the Ravens? Ravens have always been the BRONCOS PITA team, whether on the field or off:lol:

IIRC Shanahan cut him because he thought Sharpe was done.

Lancane
03-25-2013, 11:49 AM
IIRC Shanahan cut him because he thought Sharpe was done.

Actually that is not quite accurate TX, Shanahan let him go because he didn't want to pay him what Sharpe felt he was worth, the situation is very similar to now...only Sharpe eventually returned and finished his career as a Bronco. But Atwater was allowed to walk because Shanahan thought he was done, so maybe you confused the two? Of course he returned as well, but he became a Jet.

Nomad
03-25-2013, 11:53 AM
Actually that is not quite accurate TX, Shanahan let him go because he didn't want to pay him what Sharpe felt he was worth, the situation is very similar to now...only Sharpe eventually returned and finished his career as a Bronco. But Atwater was allowed to walk because Shanahan thought he was done, so maybe you confused the two? Of course he returned as well, but he became a Jet.

So what you're saying, if Shanahan was still here, Dumervil would eventually come back.:lol:

Lancane
03-25-2013, 11:57 AM
So what you're saying, if Shanahan was still here, Dumervil would eventually come back.:lol:

:lol:

No, what I am saying is that Shanahan was just as cutthroat at times when it came to age and contracts, but that Sharpe is more similar to the Dumervil situation then Pryce.

TXBRONC
03-25-2013, 12:01 PM

No I wasn't confusing the two because I rememeber that happening to Atwater. Like I said I thought Shanahan cut him. Upon Sharpe's return it came out the reason he was let go was because Shanahan felt Sharpe's play had deteriorated. I remember for sure Sharpe was very emotioanal was let go whether he was actually cut I don't recall for sure but I am sure that at least part of Shanahan's thinking was Sharpe was on the decline.

Lancane
03-25-2013, 12:05 PM
No I wasn't confusing the two because I rememeber that happening to Atwater. Like I said I thought Shanahan cut him. Upon Sharpe's return it came out the reason he was let go was because Shanahan felt Sharpe's play had deteriorated. I remember for sure Sharpe was very emotioanal was let go whether he was actually cut I don't recall for sure but I am sure that at least part of Shanahan's thinking was Sharpe was on the decline.

I am pretty sure that Sharpe wanted too much money, and part of it could be his decline in skill as well. Oh well, not that big of a deal. I was more pissed about Atwater though, he was one of my idols growing up, him and Lyle Alzado and both eventually left Denver, one traded the other booted - talk about pissing me off.

weazel
03-25-2013, 12:09 PM
FTR my last post wasn't meant to be a dig it was a joke.

That said I don't agree with your stance on Dumervil.

meh, I'm just in a shitty mood today.

chazoe60
03-25-2013, 12:11 PM
meh, I'm just in a shitty mood today.

And how is this different than any other day?

weazel
03-25-2013, 12:12 PM
And how is this different than any other day?

it's Monday

BroncoNut
03-25-2013, 12:21 PM
took my dog to the vet for updates this am and jsut got into work. it snowed out here last night.

Nomad
03-25-2013, 12:24 PM
took my dog to the vet for updates this am and jsut got into work. it snowed out here last night.

BTB is going to hanging out with you soon. He's moving to Virginia.

BroncoNut
03-25-2013, 12:27 PM
BTB is going to hanging out with you soon. He's moving to Virginia.

really? from where? new orleans? also, where at in Vagina?

Thnikkaman
03-25-2013, 12:58 PM

Just south east of the uterine opening.

BroncoNut
03-25-2013, 01:00 PM
Just south east of the uterine opening.

well I certainly hope that BTB is in NOVA so that we can spend some time together. Him, missy, north and me. that will be fun I think.

Npba900
03-25-2013, 01:13 PM

You should count your lucky stars more of your players don't leave due to the Patriots are so stingy with salaries.

slim
03-25-2013, 01:18 PM

:lol:

Simple Jaded
03-25-2013, 01:26 PM
not as far as some people overreact to, well, anything.

Erroneous! Erroneous on all counts!

Are you saying I overreact? **** that!

Prove it!

Link, please?

Show me where I ever ******* overreacted about any-*******-thing ever!

Nanny, nanny, boo, boo, stick your head in doo doo.

Timmy!
03-25-2013, 01:39 PM
This thread should be a locked bin of smoldering ashes by now. You guys are slacking.

NightTerror218
03-25-2013, 02:38 PM
would love to see Vasquez/Franklin lay him out now.

Northman
03-25-2013, 02:43 PM
well I certainly hope that BTB is in NOVA so that we can spend some time together. Him, missy, north and me. that will be fun I think.

LMAO, yea real fun.

BroncoNut
03-25-2013, 02:45 PM
LMAO, yea real fun.

are all the baltimore fans you know all pumped for Elvis? I'll hear more wednesday night

Northman
03-25-2013, 02:46 PM
are all the baltimore fans you know all pumped for Elvis? I'll hear more wednesday night

Aside from a couple that were rubbing it in my face most seem pretty stoked about it.

BroncoNut
03-25-2013, 02:47 PM
Aside from a couple that were rubbing it in my face most seem pretty stoked about it.

it's not going to change their team that much. is suggs still there?

Northman
03-25-2013, 02:52 PM
it's not going to change their team that much. is suggs still there?

Yea, Suggs is there. It will help their pass rush but they are still pretty weak at LB. And since Ray was like their biggest motivational leader im not sure how well they will respond to adversity like they used too. I really dont see Flacco being that type of guy and it really falls on Suggs to try and be that guy unless they feel they need to look to Doom to be that guy but that really hasnt been Doom's MO either. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out this year.

DenBronx
03-25-2013, 03:06 PM
I once got to level 7 on Shinobi and beat it.

Not sure Dume wants to mess with me....

Just sayin

BroncoNut
03-25-2013, 03:10 PM
Yea, Suggs is there. It will help their pass rush but they are still pretty weak at LB. And since Ray was like their biggest motivational leader im not sure how well they will respond to adversity like they used too. I really dont see Flacco being that type of guy and it really falls on Suggs to try and be that guy unless they feel they need to look to Doom to be that guy but that really hasnt been Doom's MO either. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out this year.

the bolded part made me giggle for some reason.

DenBronx
03-25-2013, 05:39 PM
Yup, huge missed opportunity.

Missed opportunity for Dumbvil

Maybe Elvis Dumervil's pride got in the way. Maybe it was as simple as the Denver Broncos failing to make a deal that matched what the Baltimore Ravens gave the Pro Bowl defensive end over the weekend.

There's even the possibility that Dumervil felt he'd finally had enough. Whatever the case surrounding Dumervil's recent decision to sign with Baltimore, this much is true: He just lost his best chance at playing in the Super Bowl next season.

The Broncos are clearly the class of the AFC going into the 2013 season. Even with the recent screw-up that led to the team dumping Dumervil at the last minute for salary-cap considerations -- his paperwork didn't reach the Broncos in time to make his restructured contract valid by the NFL deadline -- Denver was looking increasingly more like the runaway conference favorite.

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9095485/nfl-leaving-denver-missed-opportunity-elvis-dumervil?src=mobile

DenBronx
03-25-2013, 06:20 PM
North, we know you are in a state of shock still. Feel free to vent your frustrations here.

The stages of grief are denial (which North still is in and more shock than anything I think), anger (me), bargaining (all those wanting Freeney), depression (Vickerson), acceptance (Elway)

We will all get through this together North.

BroncoWave
03-25-2013, 06:21 PM

West Virginia actually, in August. I currently live in Reno. I'm kinda moving all over the map right now.

DenBronx
03-25-2013, 06:22 PM
West Virginia actually, in August. I currently live in Reno. I'm kinda moving all over the map right now.

You and Top can be roomies.

Not sure you are allowed in a senior citizen retirement community though.

BroncoNut
03-25-2013, 06:26 PM

what part of west va?

BroncoWave
03-25-2013, 06:44 PM
what part of west va?

Lewisburg. It's in south WV so not too close to Maryland, but I love DC so I'm sure i'll visit a time or two while I'm there.

Lancane
03-25-2013, 06:47 PM
You and Top can be roomies.

Not sure you are allowed in a senior citizen retirement community though.

Top lives in Arizona, not Nevada DB... And Larry is too wily to allow his ass to be placed in an old folks home!

DenBronx
03-25-2013, 07:55 PM
Top lives in Arizona, not Nevada DB... And Larry is too wily to allow his ass to be placed in an old folks home!

Damn...i'm gettin too old for this shit.

DenBronx
03-25-2013, 07:56 PM
Heading to my favorite Irish Pub, P Wexfords, to pound a few drinks now.

Going to load up on Monkey Knife Fight.

Dumbvil is going to cause me to be a drunken haggered old angry dude.

Nomad
03-25-2013, 08:19 PM

Oh, sorry BTB, I told Nut you were heading to Virginia. Soon you'll feel like a nomad:lol:

BroncoWave
03-26-2013, 02:22 PM
WOW, Doom is off his rocker is just a liar. This was just tweeted by Albert Breer:

"Also, in my 1-on-1 with Dumervil, I asked why he thought Baltimore gave him the best chance to win a title. His answer: "The quarterback."

chazoe60
03-26-2013, 02:25 PM
WOW, Doom is off his rocker is just a liar. This was just tweeted by Albert Breer:

"Also, in my 1-on-1 with Dumervil, I asked why he thought Baltimore gave him the best chance to win a title. His answer: "The quarterback."
:laugh::laugh:

FFS Doom, that was stupid.

claymore
03-26-2013, 02:36 PM

Doom and his agent agreed to the time and date that the 12 million dollars became guaranteed. How did Denver dick himover? It was a mutually agreed on date, and time. Denver had nothing at all to gain other than heart ache by releasing him on Tuesday.

What agent/player agrees to have their guarneteed money kick in 4 days into FA? Idiots. Its all their fault IMO.

chazoe60
03-26-2013, 02:42 PM
Doom and his agent agreed to the time and date that the 12 million dollars became guaranteed. How did Denver dick himover? It was a mutually agreed on date, and time. Denver had nothing at all to gain other than heart ache by releasing him on Tuesday.

What agent/player agrees to have their guarneteed money kick in 4 days into FA? Idiots. Its all their fault IMO.
As usual Clay is right and MO is, well you all know what MO is (Slo-MO). :D

Doom orchestrated the whole thing IMHO. He knew one of two things would happen: He'd sneak past the deadline and have his $12M contract guaranteed or get cut and he could spin it to look like the sympathetic guy who was just stabbed in the back by his employer. I don't think he had any intention of resigning with Denver if he was cut. He was mad about even being approached about a paycut and I think there is a little something to him not liking Von taking over as the Man when it comes to pass rushing in Denver.

Just my opinion obviously, except for the part about MO, that shit is obvious.

MOtorboat
03-26-2013, 03:00 PM

Yeah, I just can't go blindly putting no fault at the Broncos' feet. It's a mutual contract negotiation.

It was a dick move to not release him, and at the same time lowball him. Obviously, most Denver fans are going to take the team side of this, but the fault lies somewhere in the middle.

I've strongly acknowledged that the bulk of the blame is on Dumervil's agent. But the Broncos have some fault here too.

DenBronx
03-26-2013, 03:04 PM
Thats so totally lame.

rU7iYYpSrlo

claymore
03-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Yeah, I just can't go blindly putting no fault at the Broncos' feet. It's a mutual contract negotiation.

It was a dick move to not release him, and at the same time lowball him. Obviously, most Denver fans are going to take the team side of this, but the fault lies somewhere in the middle.

I've strongly acknowledged that the bulk of the blame is on Dumervil's agent. But the Broncos have some fault here too.

Keep in mind that the Broncos gave Doom and his agent permission to speak to other teams during the week. They treated the situation with class. They are running a business it made zero sense to let doom go.

MOtorboat
03-26-2013, 03:14 PM
Keep in mind that the Broncos gave Doom and his agent permission to speak to other teams during the week. They treated the situation with class. They are running a business it made zero sense to let doom go.

If it made zero sense to let him go, then they would have not terminated his contract.

So obviously it made some sense to them. Let's not forget they didn't uphold the contract in the first place...

BroncoWave
03-26-2013, 03:19 PM
If it made zero sense to let him go, then they would have not terminated his contract.

So obviously it made some sense to them. Let's not forget they didn't uphold the contract in the first place...

I'm pretty sure he was insinuating that it made zero sense to let him go on Tuesday, not that it made zero sense to let him go.

claymore
03-26-2013, 03:24 PM

It made zero sense to let him go Tues. as he requested. They upheld the contract. You know that MO.

DenBronx
03-26-2013, 03:28 PM
It made total sense to restructure the contract. It didnt make sense for Dume to decide a yes 25 mins before the deadline. IMO, Dume didnt want to be here and taking less guarantees by going to Balt only proves my case.

claymore
03-26-2013, 03:31 PM
It made total sense to restructure the contract. It didnt make sense for Dume to decide a yes 25 mins before the deadline. IMO, Dume didnt want to be here and taking less guarantees by going to Balt only proves my case.

What a *****. Denver did a lot for that dude.

MOtorboat
03-26-2013, 03:31 PM
It made zero sense to let him go Tues. as he requested. They upheld the contract. You know that MO.

We'll agree to disagree then on the Tuesday thing. I think that was kind of a dick move, myself.

But I won't agree that they upheld the contract, because they sure as hell did not.

BroncoWave
03-26-2013, 03:33 PM
We'll agree to disagree then on the Tuesday thing. I think that was kind of a dick move, myself.

But I won't agree that they upheld the contract, because they sure as hell did not.

They also didn't give him the contract, so I don't really see the problem with the new regime wanting to sign him to a new contract.

Why should John Elway be expected to uphold an, as he said, "out of whack" contract that was given to him by McD?

DenBronx
03-26-2013, 03:39 PM
What a *****. Denver did a lot for that dude.

Yes they did. It wasnt Elways fault McDaniels gave him such an outrageous contract but Elway knows the market. Right now Dume is not worth 12 mill on the market. He's going to make what, 6.5 mill ballpark this year?? The Broncos didnt release him on Tuesday because they actually wanted to make it work for him here in Denver. The contract that got delayed by Dume and his agent was way better than the one he is getting in Balt and the final contract we offered after the fax snafu was still more guarantees. The only difference is he is making slightly more this year in Balt and would have made more next year here in Denver. They just paid him a little more upfront but Denvers final offer actually guaranteed more money for him, more security. His home and everything was here, he played in a top 5 defense were he shined opposite of Miller with a top 5 offense. All signs point to Dume not really wanting to be here...even though we offered more to him.

Kind of a ***** move.

claymore
03-26-2013, 03:41 PM

But I won't agree that they upheld the contract, because they sure as hell did not.How didnt they uphold the contract? Also, if they didnt have any intention on resigning Doom, then I would agree that it is a dick move.

Instead, they let him activley pursue other offers, they matched and or exceeded all of them. The SOB still went to another team.

claymore
03-26-2013, 03:43 PM
Yes they did. It wasnt Elways fault McDaniels gave him such an outrageous contract but Elway knows the market. Right now Dume is not worth 12 mill on the market. He's going to make what, 6.5 mill ballpark this year?? The Broncos didnt release him on Tuesday because they actually wanted to make it work for him here in Denver. The contract that got delayed by Dume and his agent was way better than the one he is getting in Balt and the final contract we offered after the fax snafu was still more guarantees. The only difference is he is making slightly more this year in Balt and would have made more next year here in Denver. They just paid him a little more upfront but Denvers final offer actually guaranteed more money for him, more security. His home and everything was here, he played in a top 5 defense were he shined opposite of Miller with a top 5 offense. All signs point to Dume not really wanting to be here...even though we offered more to him.

Kind of a ***** move.

I hope he has to short sell his house, and gets hammered with taxes.

MOtorboat
03-26-2013, 03:46 PM
How didnt they uphold the contract? Also, if they didnt have any intention on resigning Doom, then I would agree that it is a dick move.

Instead, they let him activley pursue other offers, they matched and or exceeded all of them. The SOB still went to another team.

Well, since they upheld the contract then he'll be a Bronco next season...

claymore
03-26-2013, 03:47 PM
Well, since they upheld the contract then he'll be a Bronco next season...

Wasnt it in the contract that they had to release him by 2PM MST or his money was guaranteed?

DenBronx
03-26-2013, 03:48 PM
I hope he has to short sell his house, and gets hammered with taxes.

In the espn article from today Dume said he now has "a brick wall on his shoulder". He also stated that he wanted a change of scenery. I think he's bitter at the Broncos and was willing to take less just to stick it to the Broncos. His statements and actions only solidify that point of view.

Elway worked day in and day out for this guy and in the end he said fck off to him. I really hope Dumbvil rots in Baltimore now. The Broncos are going to be fine either way and if we get Abraham it might even help us more....yep Dume still sucks at stopping the run.

Timmy!
03-26-2013, 03:50 PM
Screw dumervil.

claymore
03-26-2013, 03:51 PM
In the espn article from today Dume said he now has "a brick wall on his shoulder". He also stated that he wanted a change of scenery. I think he's bitter at the Broncos and was willing to take less just to stick it to the Broncos. His statements and actions only solidify that point of view.

Elway worked day in and day out for this guy and in the end he said fck off to him. I really hope Dumbvil rots in Baltimore now. The Broncos are going to be fine either way and if we get Abraham it might even help us more....yep Dume still sucks at stopping the run.

Doom is a bee-yatch. After everything Denver did for him. From draft day, to the RIDICULOUS contract we gave him. Eff that dude.

BigDaddyBronco
03-26-2013, 03:51 PM
Yea, it's looking more and more that he was pretty bitter about the Broncos wanting him to take a pay cut. I would have had no problem if he refused due to the principle of the matter and they cut him and that was that, but the weirdness about the fax and then all the banter back and forth plus taking a similar deal from Baltimore so he could have a change of scenery makes him seem like a jilted lover.

Time to move on, another foot note in Broncos history.

Northman
03-26-2013, 03:55 PM
Lmao

slim
03-26-2013, 03:57 PM
He is either too stupid to understand how the NFL works or he let himself get duped by his agent. That is what it boils down to.

There is no other explanation for getting that butt hurt over the team asking him to reduce his salary. Everyone knows the true value of an NFL contract (the guaranteed portion), the rest is to make the agent look good. There is no reason a 7 year vet shouldn't understand that.

Mike
03-26-2013, 03:59 PM
He is either too stupid to understand how the NFL works or he let himself get duped by his agent. That is what it boils down to.

There is no other explanation for getting that butt hurt over the team asking him to reduce his salary. Everyone knows the true value of an NFL contract (the guaranteed portion), the rest is to make the agent look good. There is no reason a 7 year vet shouldn't understand that.

Didn't you hear? He just wanted to feel wanted, man. Dude is acting like a spurned bitch.

claymore
03-26-2013, 04:01 PM

I think it was a pride thing. Players like to brag about their contracts. Dume wanted to win the contract fight with the Broncos, or go to another team and stick it to us. Pretty simple.

DenBronx
03-26-2013, 04:01 PM
Didn't you hear? He just wanted to feel wanted, man. Dude is acting like a spurned bitch.

No one cares about my feelings.....whaaaa whaaaa whaaaa.

slim
03-26-2013, 04:03 PM
I think it was a pride thing. Players like to brag about their contracts. Dume wanted to win the contract fight with the Broncos, or go to another team and stick it to us. Pretty simple.

Well, his pride cost him a chance at a ring. **** 'em.

DenBronx
03-26-2013, 04:08 PM

Well, Welker did the same thing. We won that one. The way I look at it is this way. Elway was going to cut Dume if he didnt renegotiate. In the end we all know what happened.

So ask yourself this.

Would you want Dume or get Welker, Freeney or Abraham, Bradley, DRC, Knighton, Vickerson and Vasques? Dume was a huge asset on defense but I would much rather have the guys we signed. Welkers going to be so insane on offense and its going to cause us to all forget #92 anyway.

Elway even stated earlier that he knew he could depend on Manning restructring if needed. He knew Dume wouldnt get 8+ mill on the open market and all he had to do was take our original offer, which was way higher than what he got. That extra 4 mill was enough to sign all the rookies in the draft.

claymore
03-26-2013, 04:12 PM
Well, Welker did the same thing. We won that one. The way I look at it is this way. Elway was going to cut Dume if he didnt renegotiate. In the end we all know what happened.

So ask yourself this.

Would you want Dume or get Welker, Freeney or Abraham, Bradley, DRC, Knighton, Vickerson and Vasques? Dume was a huge asset on defense but I would much rather have the guys we signed. Welkers going to be so insane on offense and its going to cause us to all forget #92 anyway.

Elway even stated earlier that he knew he could depend on Manning restructring if needed. He knew Dume wouldnt get 8+ mill on the open market and all he had to do was take our original offer, which was way higher than what he got. That extra 4 mill was enough to sign all the rookies in the draft.

In Wlekers case he has been strung along for a couple of years. The Pats wanted to pay him less than fair market value. In Dooms case we wanted to pay him more than anyone else to keep him, just not at the same insane rate.

I wanted Doom and all the other guys. Knowing what I know now of Doom, I dont want players like that.

DenBronx
03-26-2013, 04:15 PM
I'm still yet to see Elway fail the Broncos. The guy just doesnt miss...he had to make a tough business decision but he always has a plan.

claymore
03-26-2013, 04:16 PM
I'm still yet to see Elway fail the Broncos. The guy just doesnt miss...he had to make a tough business decision but he always has a plan.

Yeah, I have the utmost faith and trust in our FO. I dont know if I have ever had this much confidence in our teams brass.

champ82
03-26-2013, 04:18 PM
I have no love for doom after his fake comments and his choice to go to the ravens( my new most hated team).. I cant wait till we play them and show them a real defense and how much we really dont need him on the way to a championship...

tubby
03-26-2013, 04:19 PM
Good grief claymore, let MO up for air already!

DenBronx
03-26-2013, 04:19 PM
Yeah, I have the utmost faith and trust in our FO. I dont know if I have ever had this much confidence in our teams brass.

It's a vast difference between the ones we have had in years past. This FO is all business and all about winning championships.