PDA

View Full Version : Klis: Thanks to Seattle Seahawks, Broncos looking at big cornerbacks, players

Denver Native (Carol)
03-24-2013, 12:19 PM
For the latest in trend setting, the Pacific Northwest has replaced Manhattan and Beverly Hills as the place to gawk.

At least in regard to NFL trends. On both sides of the ball.

The Seattle Seahawks have received credit for bringing rookie quarterback Russell Wilson into the read-option offensive movement last season.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/klis/ci_22858207/mike-klis-big-cornerbacks-style-nfl-thanks-seattle

MOtorboat
03-24-2013, 12:22 PM
There will be a lot of happy people on this message board if the Broncos do what Klis thinks they will.

SR
03-24-2013, 12:50 PM
Had the Broncos not grabbed DRC, I could see them taking a CB at 28, but not now and now with what's going on with Dumervil. It Dumervil leaves a new pass rushing DE automatically becomes priority one.

Lancane
03-24-2013, 02:05 PM
What is up with these damn columnists and their storylines. Look at the cornerbacks that Denver has met with, Desmond Trufant 6'0, B.W. Webb 5'10, Blidi Wreh-Wilson 6'1, Robert Alford 5'10, Leon McFadden 5'10 and Will Davis 5'11. Not exactly the epitome of tall cornerbacks, in fact Wreh-Wilson is the tallest, but he's no Jonthan Banks or Xavier Rhodes who both stand at 6'2. Actually the average height of the corners in this draft is 5'11 due to the number of prospects that are 5'11 or shorter, a number of which are 5'10 - only ten of the top twenty graded corners are 6'0 or taller.

CoachChaz
03-24-2013, 03:27 PM
Had the Broncos not grabbed DRC, I could see them taking a CB at 28, but not now and now with what's going on with Dumervil. It Dumervil leaves a new pass rushing DE automatically becomes priority one.

DRC is a one year deal. Even if we extend him, it seems to me that people have a tendency to forget Champ is 34. Why wait for him to retire before finding a replacement?

Lancane
03-24-2013, 03:40 PM
DRC is a one year deal. Even if we extend him, it seems to me that people have a tendency to forget Champ is 34. Why wait for him to retire before finding a replacement?

I concur with you Coach, but the aforementioned column was about Denver trying to duplicate what Seattle has done at the position by adding really tall cornerbacks, but when you look who Denver has met with, none really fit that give Alford, I think it's coincidence that Rodgers-Cromartie is 6'1.

CoachChaz
03-24-2013, 03:42 PM
I concur with you Coach, but the aforementioned column was about Denver trying to duplicate what Seattle has done at the position by adding really tall cornerbacks, but when you look who Denver has met with, none really fit that give Alford, I think it's coincidence that Rodgers-Cromartie is 6'1.

I dont know. He was the first one they targeted, so there might be something to it...but might not be...who knows. And as far as the guys they met with...I think it's wise to do so. The guy you are truly targeting may not be there and you want to know about the best of the rest.

We'll find out in about a month

Lancane
03-24-2013, 03:49 PM
I dont know. He was the first one they targeted, so there might be something to it...but might not be...who knows. And as far as the guys they met with...I think it's wise to do so. The guy you are truly targeting may not be there and you want to know about the best of the rest.

We'll find out in about a month

Before this whole thing went down with Doom, I had believed that Trufant was their top target in the first round. Depending on how it plays out it may still go that way or we could see Denver go a number of other directions.

Simple Jaded
03-24-2013, 03:49 PM
Carradine, Banks and Montori Hughes would be a nice haul. DE is a far greater need than RB until further notice.......

Superchop 7
03-25-2013, 05:46 PM
Brandon Browner was a Bronco first.......just sayin.

NightTerror218
03-25-2013, 06:01 PM
DRC is only on a 1 yr contract i can still see CB being the 1st round pick. It is about building team in the draft. DRC is on a 1 yr contract and Bailey is aging. Harris is an amazing slot CB. CB is def near top of list. Depending on if we sign a FA DE, that is also near the top of the list. It all depends on who is around us and if anyone falls or not.

BroncoWave
03-25-2013, 06:05 PM
Even without Doom, I still think we have the luxury of going BPA in round 1. We don't have any holes so glaring we absolutely have to spend a first round pick on it. Yeah we could use another MLB, S, DE, RB, or CB, but we aren't in such dire need at any of those positions that we absolutely have to pick it in the first round.

TXBRONC
03-26-2013, 09:45 AM

I agree. Champ still plays at a high level but at 34 years of age I would take a corner if he's the best player on the board because he not going that much longer.