PDA

View Full Version : Marshall to explain practice video on ESPN's NFL Live at 12:30 EDT tonight

Tned
08-27-2009, 10:54 PM
This rates it's own post to notify everyone of the Marshall interview where he is supposed explain the video.

http://twitter.com/denverbroncos

And from Lindsey Jones:

denverbroncos

RT @wingoz: fyi.. brandon marshall will join me on NFL LIVE 1230 eastern. he'll explain the video of him apparently NOT trying in practice.

sneakers
08-27-2009, 10:59 PM
What a butt licker, did you see the little video on espn just now?

Tned
08-27-2009, 11:04 PM
Is it the same one that's been posted on here? Not catching passes, punting the ball, etc.?

Superchop 7
08-27-2009, 11:13 PM
I'm proud of him.

Go get em Brandon !!

Thnikkaman
08-27-2009, 11:43 PM
And he says

"That was blown out of proportion"

"Punting the ball was frustration"

"This all happened at the beginning of practice"

"This was an error in judgement"

BroncoTech
08-27-2009, 11:46 PM
He's apologizing profusely too. What a smuck.

He won't say he expects to be on the team week 1.

Tempus Fugit
08-27-2009, 11:46 PM
Marshall! Marshall! Marshall!

At least he didn't try pinning this, or his general situation, on McDaniels, unlike the fans.

underrated29
08-27-2009, 11:50 PM
He's apologizing profusely too. What a smuck.

He won't say he expects to be on the team week 1.

What do you mean by this? Or what does he mean by this.

1.- he doesnt expect he will be on the team week 1.?

2- He wont say weather he expects will be on the team week 1 or not.?

camdisco24
08-27-2009, 11:51 PM
I didn't like the interview. Marshall is forgetting the most important thing... his teammates. He's a Bronco right now and he's letting us and all those guys out on the practice feild down.

Rusty Shackleford
08-27-2009, 11:57 PM
Schlereth summed it up perfectly.

underrated29
08-28-2009, 12:02 AM
well, what did schlereth say?

BroncoTech
08-28-2009, 12:04 AM
What I meant is they asked him 'Do you expect to be a Bronco on week 1 against Cincy' and BM would not commit.

Stinky said BM needs to man up for the men he lines up next to.

dogfish
08-28-2009, 12:06 AM
the only excuse i'm willing to accept is "aliens made me do it". . . .

broncfn90
08-28-2009, 12:20 AM
I wont defend him anymore... he is a freaking child that wont grow up... I want him to still be on the team we need him but not when he is going to act like he had a bad day in middle school..... just man what the hell has this team become

Reidman
08-28-2009, 12:33 AM
Honestly, what Marshall is doing is taking any supporters he may have had (myself included) and turning them into doubters. I backed that guy for a long time, but now it's getting ridiculous. Man the **** up and grow some balls Marshall and either play for this team or sit there like sniveling school girl and watch your payday slip away...

I'm not one for letting drama get to me but this is getting out of hand...

Lonestar
08-28-2009, 12:45 AM
so anyone have a link to the interview or transcripts..

Tned
08-28-2009, 12:49 AM
well, what did schlereth say?

I think he used the word reprehensible or something like that, in terms of the distraction and disruption to practice. He also said Brandon has to understand that Mr. Bowlen, or McDaniels or the front office is not "the Broncos" it's the other guys he lines up next to.

horsepig
08-28-2009, 01:06 AM
I'm a BM supporter because I likme his game a lot.

This has just about gone too far though.

BCJ
08-28-2009, 02:15 AM
Any of you still think he isnt a flava clown? He isnt a team player obviously. He is way too immature and emotional to have a cool and collective thought/action for his own good self.

Italianmobstr7
08-28-2009, 02:23 AM
Any of you still think he isnt a flava clown? He isnt a team player obviously. He is way too immature and emotional to have a cool and collective thought/action for his own good self.

I don't think he's a "flava clown" whatever the hell that is. I think we need to give him a new contract so he'll help us win games. If he throws games or just doesn't get to play because he "doesn't know the playbook" then we lose out. We could suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team, but it probably won't happen. He needs to get his act together and Denver needs to pay him. If not this is just going to get worse and worse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dwOoIoJYUA&feature=related

West
08-28-2009, 02:50 AM
I'll put it lightly... What a ****** 5 year old little ***** ass bitch ass punk.

Grow the hell up 15.

SoCalImport
08-28-2009, 03:33 AM
"I have to be professional about it and get ready for the season with the Broncos and go out there and put the team in the best position to win," Marshall said. "I think we have a great group of guys and have a great chance of winning."

C'mon, B'Marsh.
Don't just talk the talk. Walk the walk, Man.

Tned
08-28-2009, 06:49 AM
so anyone have a link to the interview or transcripts..

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4428180&categoryid=2378529

gobroncsnv
08-28-2009, 06:54 AM
He needs to get his act together and Denver needs to pay him. If not this is just going to get worse and worse.

2 things to say about this.

1) You got the first sentence in the right order. There's no question he'll get paid IF HE GETS HIS ACT TOGETHER. Nobody disputes that. I'd LOVE to see him stay, make money, etc, etc, etc, IF HE GETS HIS ACT TOGETHER! When he's on, playing to his capabilities, he could be a top 5 receiver in this league. But he's got a LOT of getting-his-act-together to get done. There are a lot of people in this league who have been in his situation, it's just part of the system. Good things come to those who deal with it on a mature basis.

2) It already is worse. If he stays, I would go WAY deep into the season, with him playing the way he's capable, before I even THOUGHT about upping his contract in any way. He screwed his own pooch.

Tned
08-28-2009, 06:54 AM
A few quotes from Marshall made to fox KDVR:

http://community.kdvr.com/_Marshall-Responds-to-Allegations-of-Mocking-Practice/blog/592408/96399.html

roomemp
08-28-2009, 06:59 AM
This is exactly why the Broncos are not signing him long term.

broncofaninfla
08-28-2009, 07:10 AM
I've been defending Marshall for some time and am still not impressed with the new Broncos brass but with Marshall pulling the BS he pulled yesterday, he should be suspended for conduct detrimental to the team and I will be shocked if that doesn't occur today. The team now has video evidence of Marshall acting like a child and CLEARLY being a distraction to the team during practice. Last night Marshall SAID all of teh right things but it's too little too late and all talk with him. Suspend him and hit him where it hurts. With that being said, the team can't cave in and trade him. If they do, that will be two players who pouted like children and got thier way.

roomemp
08-28-2009, 07:18 AM
I've been defending Marshall for some time and am still not impressed with the new Broncos brass but with Marshall pulling the BS he pulled yesterday, he should be suspended for conduct detrimental to the team and I will be shocked if that doesn't occur today. The team now has video evidence of Marshall acting like a child and CLEARLY being a distraction to the team during practice. Last night Marshall SAID all of teh right things but it's too little too late and all talk with him. Suspend him and hit him where it hurts. With that being said, the team can't cave in and trade him. If they do, that will be two players who pouted like children and got thier way.

I wounldn't suspend him yet.....I think McDaniels is going to see how he responds to to this. If Marshall is still not giving 100%, then we should suspend him. You are right though about the trade.......Do not trade him unless you get a crazy great offer.

broncofaninfla
08-28-2009, 07:26 AM
I wounldn't suspend him yet.....I think McDaniels is going to see how he responds to to this. If Marshall is still not giving 100%, then we should suspend him. You are right though about the trade.......Do not trade him unless you get a crazy great offer.

The reason I support a suspension is Marshall is clearly a distraction to the team during pratice and the team HAS to send a message that that type of conduct is completly unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Suspend him without pay for a week then give him a chance again to prove he can be a big boy and perform at the level he wants to be paid for. Let the rest of the NFL see him in action then trade him before the trade deadline for a 1 and a 4.

Traveler
08-28-2009, 07:51 AM
"I have to be professional about it and get ready for the season with the Broncos and go out there and put the team in the best position to win," Marshall said. "I think we have a great group of guys and have a great chance of winning."

How many times have we heard him say something along these lines after his many incidents?

I've been done with him for quite awhile now, but this really seals the deal. Marshall just doesn't get it and I don't think he ever will.

One article states he knew the cameras werte there, but he still puts on this ignorant display. It's time to suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team. Seems like the only way to get his attention is to hit him where it hurts the most.

He knows he was wrong. That's why he was so quick to provide interviews. Damage control pure and simple. I've been supporting McDaniels and will continue to do so. But, he has to lay down the law. If he doesn't, he really will lose the team IMO.

Brandon should miss the first four games of the year. PERIOD! His comments and behavior have gone completely against the teams goals. It's all about him. Always has been. He shouldn't be traded and the stunt yesterday further eroded any trade value he might have had. Time for him to sit and become a half million dollar poorer.

Bowlen and McDaniels can't reward actions counter to team goals by acquiescing to his trade demands. Time to send the message loud and clear that if you work hard and do what's necessary for the betterment of the team, you'll be properly rewarded.

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!"

EDIT: Posted after Broncofaninla

Traveler
08-28-2009, 07:57 AM
The reason I support a suspension is Marshall is clearly a distraction to the team during pratice and the team HAS to send a message that that type of conduct is completly unacceptable and will not be tolerated. Suspend him without pay for a week then give him a chance again to prove he can be a big boy and perform at the level he wants to be paid for. Let the rest of the NFL see him in action then trade him before the trade deadline for a 1 and a 4.

Not sure we'd ever see that kind of value even before his actions yesterday.

LRtagger
08-28-2009, 07:58 AM
Lucky for Marshall he pulled this after his trial. I would think this could be admitted as evidence to Marshall having a temper and acting out his aggression.

I think there is no question why the Broncos have not extended him. Perhaps he was even pulling this crap last year. Funny he waited until the practice that was closed to the media to do this...perhaps he forgot the media had access at the very beginning of practice.

Traveler
08-28-2009, 08:03 AM
Lucky for Marshall he pulled this after his trial. I would think this could be admitted as evidence to Marshall having a temper and acting out his aggression.

I think there is no question why the Broncos have not extended him. Perhaps he was even pulling this crap last year. Funny he waited until the practice that was closed to the media to do this...perhaps he forgot the media had access at the very beginning of practice.

He didn't forget. He knew the cameras were still there.

Traveler
08-28-2009, 08:09 AM
Broncos can't send Marshall home with pay
Posted by Mike Florio on August 28, 2009 8:41 AM ET

Some of you have suggested that the Denver Broncos should take a page from the Jon Gruden/Andy Reid playbook and send disgruntled receiver Brandon Marshall home, with pay.

Gruden did just that with receiver Keyshawn Johnson during the 2003 season, giving Keyshawn an extended vacation after repeated clashes between player and coach.

Two years later, the Eagles followed a four-game unpaid suspension of receiver Terrell Owens with a suspension for the rest of the year, with pay.

Though Keyshawn didn't fight his paid vacation, the grievance filed by Owens included an attempt to force the Eagles either to let Owens back in the building or cut him loose.

The effort failed.

And so, when it was time to work out a new Collective Bargaining Agreement after the 2005 season, the NFL Players Association slipped into the new deal language prohibiting teams from sending players home with pay.

Here's the relevant language from the provision in the current labor contract permitting maximum discipline of a four-game suspension without pay: "This maximum applies without limitation to any deactivation of a player in response to player conduct (other than a deactivation in response to a player's on-field playing ability), and any such deactivation, even with pay, shall be considered discipline subject to the limits set forth in this section. The Non-Injury Grievance Arbitrator's decision in Terrell Owens (Nov. 23, 2005) is thus expressly overruled as to any Club decision to deactivate a player in response to the player's conduct."

So while the Broncos can sit Marshall down for maximum suspensions of four games at a time in response to conduct detrimental to the team, the Broncos cannot pay him to stay out of their hair.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/28/broncos-cant-send-marshall-home-with-pay/

Lonestar
08-28-2009, 09:06 AM

which shows in all the times he has run into problems with the LAW 13 police reports in the last 3 years.. that should be a huge red flag to EVERY GM in the NFL..

yes he was found not guilty was that because she was a money grubber or because he did not beat her up.. HUGE difference..

LRtagger
08-28-2009, 09:11 AM
Broncos can't send Marshall home with pay
Posted by Mike Florio on August 28, 2009 8:41 AM ET

Some of you have suggested that the Denver Broncos should take a page from the Jon Gruden/Andy Reid playbook and send disgruntled receiver Brandon Marshall home, with pay.

Gruden did just that with receiver Keyshawn Johnson during the 2003 season, giving Keyshawn an extended vacation after repeated clashes between player and coach.

Two years later, the Eagles followed a four-game unpaid suspension of receiver Terrell Owens with a suspension for the rest of the year, with pay.

Though Keyshawn didn't fight his paid vacation, the grievance filed by Owens included an attempt to force the Eagles either to let Owens back in the building or cut him loose.

The effort failed.

And so, when it was time to work out a new Collective Bargaining Agreement after the 2005 season, the NFL Players Association slipped into the new deal language prohibiting teams from sending players home with pay.

Here's the relevant language from the provision in the current labor contract permitting maximum discipline of a four-game suspension without pay: "This maximum applies without limitation to any deactivation of a player in response to player conduct (other than a deactivation in response to a player's on-field playing ability), and any such deactivation, even with pay, shall be considered discipline subject to the limits set forth in this section. The Non-Injury Grievance Arbitrator's decision in Terrell Owens (Nov. 23, 2005) is thus expressly overruled as to any Club decision to deactivate a player in response to the player's conduct."

So while the Broncos can sit Marshall down for maximum suspensions of four games at a time in response to conduct detrimental to the team, the Broncos cannot pay him to stay out of their hair.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/08/28/broncos-cant-send-marshall-home-with-pay/

So, if I understand correctly...we can sit him WITHOUT pay?

Even better.

NightTrainLayne
08-28-2009, 09:14 AM
So, if I understand correctly...we can sit him WITHOUT pay?

Even better.

Maximum four games suspension at a time without pay, for conduct detrimental to the team. This, of course, can be appealed by BM.

Lonestar
08-28-2009, 09:19 AM
Maximum four games suspension at a time without pay, for conduct detrimental to the team. This, of course, can be appealed by BM.

well then 4 games now and then if he comes back with crap attitude another 4 could save 1.1 mill that way.. or if he is a real knuckle head another 550K for another 4 weeks v:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Krugan
08-28-2009, 09:25 AM
So, if the Broncos are to suspend him for conduct, does he still take a roster spot for the final 53?

Brandon has a couple cards in his deck yet, the Broncos really cant afford to just cut him and if hes here, he takes a roster spot. Costly spot at that.

Sorry, I would look this up myself, but am at work and have very limited online time.

LRtagger
08-28-2009, 09:31 AM

Appeal to who? Goodell? I'm sure Goodell is not falling for the remorseful BMarsh act anymore.

Good luck appealing to a guy who is even more of a hardass egomaniac than people here think McDaniels is. Especially when Marshall played him like a fiddle once already.

Traveler
08-28-2009, 09:34 AM
Appeal to who? Goodell? I'm sure Goodell is not falling for the remorseful BMarsh act anymore.

Good luck appealing to a guy who is even more of a hardass egomaniac than people here think McDaniels is. Especially when Marshall played him like a fiddle once already.

No. The appeal would go to the Arbiter, some Judge in NY I believe.

gobroncsnv
08-28-2009, 09:14 PM
I do wonder if BM has to tread lightly vis-a-vis any guarantees of future good conduct to Goodell in their meetings. What Brandon did this week would HAVE to weigh against him. Goodell has taken the commissioner's authority WAY further than I have seen in my around (gulp) 40 years of watching the league. Can't help but imagine that the commish has a large interest in the week's events. The kid needs to grow up really quick, or he may be in Arena ball.

claymore
08-28-2009, 09:20 PM
I do wonder if BM has to tread lightly vis-a-vis any guarantees of future good conduct to Goodell in their meetings. What Brandon did this week would HAVE to weigh against him. Goodell has taken the commissioner's authority WAY further than I have seen in my around (gulp) 40 years of watching the league. Can't help but imagine that the commish has a large interest in the week's events. The kid needs to grow up really quick, or he may be in Arena ball.

Pfft. Marshall Would make more in the Arena league than in Denver. LOL... Abuse him , sit him, yell at him, .......... Brandon will make more with another team in 2 years regardless!

It doesnt matter if its the Argonauts! HE WILL STILL BE BETTER OFF! THE BRONCOS WONT THOUGH UNLESS THEY TRADE HIM!

claymore
08-28-2009, 09:24 PM

It would be a Players union thing. Worst case Marshall loses 4 games worth of game checks. Then........ He is a starter unless it can be proven another player is better,............ Then more legal stuff, then they (Broncos) cant do much but let him be a backup and suspend him next year.

Then, we go thru it next year.............

Then we decide if we want to franchise him or let him go.

Brandon gets paid, we all lose, blah, blah. :drinking:

Ravage!!!
08-28-2009, 10:23 PM
well then 4 games now and then if he comes back with crap attitude another 4 could save 1.1 mill that way.. or if he is a real knuckle head another 550K for another 4 weeks v:laugh::laugh::laugh:

can't sit him for another 4.......

Ravage!!!
08-28-2009, 10:24 PM
also.. isn't it within Marshall's rights to sit out? He could do that for 10 games, if I remember correctly... and the team can't keep him from coming back to the team.