PDA

View Full Version : I need to get this off of my chest.

The Hamburgler
09-02-2007, 01:20 AM
If you guys are ABF freaks over at BM, there is a poster who posts there named anonymous. Well, I am anonymous. The reason i posted under that Screen Name is because I was ashamed of all of my problems and I was afraid others will look down on me had they known the truth.

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=90111 - The story.

BroncoBJ
09-02-2007, 01:22 AM
Damn thats a long story. And I loved Highschool. I kind of wish I failed so I could go back. lol

The Hamburgler
09-02-2007, 01:23 AM
Damn thats a long story. And I loved Highschool. I kind of wish I failed so I could go back. lol

Belive me, there is more

BroncoBJ
09-02-2007, 01:24 AM
Yea I was reading through those threads before. I tend not to post in threads like that because knowing me I sure wont help with the problem.

Jody
09-02-2007, 01:31 AM
If you guys are ABF freaks over at BM, there is a poster who posts there named anonymous. Well, I am anonymous. The reason i posted under that Screen Name is because I was ashamed of all of my problems and I was afraid others will look down on me had they known the truth.

You know how courageous you are? There are so, so, so many kids that have similar experiences as you and say 'nothing' and hold it all inside, like they are the freaks, when in reality, they are fairly typical, it's just another side to high school times. I think nothing less of you, and probably more that you posted that and allowed yourself to get it off your chest. You are very normal, and a lot healthier than many kids, because you took the leap to discuss the problems. They are very real problems too. The truth be known Hamburgler, too much is made out of quantity of friends, and not the quality of a friend. First, being a friend to yourself is most important and essential to be a good friend to anyone else. I enjoy our conversations here and our pm's. I knew of one situation or possibly two you told me about, and my heart went out to you then and does now. You are way too hard on yourself. What seems like the most important time of your life (high school, school), will seem very unimportant to you when you get in your 20's and move different directions anyhow from most people you went to school with. You rock as far as I'm concerned, and you need to give yourself a break on beating yourself up, and just be who you are and enjoy who you are. Things in life have a funny way of suddenly falling together when you least expect it, and it won't always feel so heavy, sad, or discouraging.

SR
09-02-2007, 02:16 AM
For the first two and a half years of high school I was the polar opposite of you. I had success with women, had a lot of friends, etc, etc. When I was about half way through my junior year I realized that these people I hung out with weren't going anywhere with their lives. They cared more about getting some ***, getting high, drinking, and where the parties were on the weekends than making the most out of their education and actually doing something with their life. About the same time I realized that, I got myself one good girl and focused on my education. Now, after spending four years in the Air Force, travelling all over the world, accomplishing a lot of things that most 22 year olds wouldn't even begin to understand, I understand now why I chose to distance myself from the "cool crowd". I made the right choice. Every time I go home on leave I run in to one of the people I used to hang out with and all he's doing is working at Sunglass Hut in the mall, getting stoned, and spending time in jail.

My story is not to tell you about me, but to let you know that I think you're on the right track. Don't worry so much about what others say to or about you. You're half way there. Watch out for #1, do your school work, and focus on what's ahead of you. Forget about making lots of friends and girls. Those are things you have your whole life to figure out. Your education is now and you only have this chance to get it right.

DenBronx
09-02-2007, 02:55 AM

like water off a ducks back man. never feel ashamed of yourself for being yourself.

BroncoBJ
09-02-2007, 03:59 AM
For the first two and a half years of high school I was the polar opposite of you. I had success with women, had a lot of friends, etc, etc. When I was about half way through my junior year I realized that these people I hung out with weren't going anywhere with their lives. They cared more about getting some ***, getting high, drinking, and where the parties were on the weekends than making the most out of their education and actually doing something with their life. About the same time I realized that, I got myself one good girl and focused on my education. Now, after spending four years in the Air Force, travelling all over the world, accomplishing a lot of things that most 22 year olds wouldn't even begin to understand, I understand now why I chose to distance myself from the "cool crowd". I made the right choice. Every time I go home on leave I run in to one of the people I used to hang out with and all he's doing is working at Sunglass Hut in the mall, getting stoned, and spending time in jail.

My story is not to tell you about me, but to let you know that I think you're on the right track. Don't worry so much about what others say to or about you. You're half way there. Watch out for #1, do your school work, and focus on what's ahead of you. Forget about making lots of friends and girls. Those are things you have your whole life to figure out. Your education is now and you only have this chance to get it right.

I am kind of similar to that however I hang around "cool" people I guess but I hang around the right crowd. I dont hang with people that are always in trouble. I have a few buddies who get in trouble and stuff(1 has been in and out of prison) but he is still my buddy I just dont do the things he does. He even told me last year how he should hang around me more because I'm good with peer pressure and dont do stupid stuff. He got himself into the wrong crowd and the people getting in trouble.

Its better to have 1 True friend then a bunch of so so friends. Its not really about how cool someone is. Just like my football coach told us. Dont go out and do stupid stuff on Friday Nights. Then he also said: Those guys that drink and party can lead you down the wrong path and there will be no more football for those who decide to go down the wrong path. We had a bunch of kids kicked off our football team one year because of hanging with the wrong crowd.

Plus I was never one you wanted to fit in. I always liked to be different. Everyone knew who I was because I wasn't like everyone else.

Just be yourself.

Highschool was probably my favorite time of my life. :)

Reidman
09-02-2007, 04:20 AM
I got a neg in on that thread...:first:

I'm with JC4MVP, I'm always afraid I'll make things worse by saying anything and since my highschool years were a breeze I can't really relate worldly experiences. I will say this though. As hard as it is, you need to try to let it roll off your back man. People can be very cruel and heartless and don't know when to stop and don't know when they are hurting someone deeply. Just remember they never mean any harm from it but they are probably acting this way due to some inadequacies on their own part.

*Atwater*
09-02-2007, 05:55 AM

I figured thats was you.