PDA

View Full Version : Marshall misses practice

Bill Devaroe
08-27-2009, 05:42 PM
Bill Devaroe is reporting that marshall missed practice today, and said that there is film of him intentionally batting down passes, kicking the ball across the field and being a basic dictraction. It is believed by Devaroe that he was sent home. More to come on this breaking story.

Shasta (sitting in for Bill)

Bill Devaroe
08-27-2009, 05:43 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_13216251

No articles on the disruptions yet, but they will come soon
Shasta

Thnikkaman
08-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Bill Devaroe is reporting that marshall missed practice today, and said that there is film of him intentionally batting down passes, kicking the ball across the field and being a basic dictraction. It is believed by Devaroe that he was sent home. More to come on this breaking story.

How is Bud doing? I hope he is doing well in jail.

----------------
Now playing: Slum Village – Players (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/slum+village/track/players)
via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

Dortoh
08-27-2009, 05:45 PM
Rumors are rumors but I'm thinking a suspension is in order at this point.

Dortoh
08-27-2009, 05:54 PM
Reports are that Brandon was knocking down passes and kicking the ball away....basically just being an ass (if true). After practice McD looking pissed and said he had no idea where BMarsh is.

GEM
08-27-2009, 05:55 PM
What flippin reports are we all talking about? :confused:

underrated29
08-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Broken12 has taken over Bill devaroe.

wHAt the hell is going on around here all of a sudden.

Dortoh
08-27-2009, 05:58 PM
What flippin reports are we all talking about? :confused:

One of you locals tell me. The report on OM is that a local tv station had something about all this.

nbenallo33
PRACTICE you wanna talk about PRACTICE c'mon man its PRACTICE its PRACTICE man PRACTICE :D

GEM
Reports are that Brandon was knocking down passes and kicking the ball away....basically just being an ass (if true). After practice McD looking pissed and said he had no idea where BMarsh is.

Was this report via Josina Anderson's twitter account? *giggles*

pnbronco
08-27-2009, 05:59 PM

They showed it on Channel 7 on the 4:00 news, I'm sure it will be a wild fire before it's all over. Of course it sounded so much worse than the film really was, IMO.

I really don't think I care anymore to be honest. Last week a friend of mine husband lost his job, this week she found out she is going to be laid off too. Seeing Marshall being a brat just doesn't registered on the care meter anymore.

broncfn90
ya its true.... 104.3 fm the fan comfrimed it by saying their is video on a news site... forgot which one it is... but man I have backed Marshall thru thick and thin... I dont think I can do it anymore.... he is proveing he is a lil baby bitch

nbenallo33
Broken12 has taken over Bill devaroe.

wHAt the hell is going on around here all of a sudden.

bill is in jail

GEM
One of you locals tell me. The report on OM is that a local tv station had something about all this.

I just turned on TheFan. I'll let ya know.

underrated29
08-27-2009, 06:00 PM
so brandon was knocking down balls and punting them away?

honz
08-27-2009, 06:04 PM
Speaking of knocking down balls...have Marshall's balls dropped yet?

Day1BroncoFan
08-27-2009, 06:05 PM
Apparantly not. Unless you mean the ones he's knocking down.

Lonestar
08-27-2009, 06:11 PM
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 08/27/2009 01:47:32 PM MDT
Updated: 08/27/2009 02:09:48 PM MDT

Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall. (THE DENVER POST | JOE AMON)Wednesday, Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall held the blocking dummy while his position teammates bounced off him on their way to running routes in two different position drills.

Today, Marshall isn't practicing at all. It's possible Marshall needs more time to heal his hamstring/hip. It's also possible he remains in coach Josh McDaniels' doghouse.

Doesn't appear Marshall will make his 2009 debut this Sunday against the Chicago Bears.

Also sitting out the practice today were running backs Knowshon Moreno (knee) and LaMont Jordan (leg), quarterback Chris Simms (ankle), cornerback Tony Carter (leg), defensive tackle Marcus Thomas (shoulder) and defensive end Le Kevin Smith (undisclosed).

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13216251?source=rss

BroncoBJ
08-27-2009, 06:12 PM
Wow... If thats true, then I just don't know what to say. Get him off our team before hes worth nothing. Thats something kids do in JR High if they lose a starting spot and want to be spiteful. Pretty pathetic.

Whats the website where the video is on btw? I'd like to see that. :mad:

Grover
08-27-2009, 06:19 PM
I really want Brandon to return a punt or kickoff in practice and have Spencer Larsen knock him half way to Wyoming.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-27-2009, 06:43 PM
McDaniels - Thursday

The first questions were about Marshall

http://www.denverbroncos.com/

EMB6903
08-27-2009, 07:14 PM
man oh man, Marshall has taken this to another level.

at this point **** his demands... esspecially if we arent going to get legit value in return.

Deactivate him for the rest of the year so he loses his entire 2009 paycheck.

Than we will see how many teams will be willing to give a player with off field issues and that hasnt seen live action in 20 months a multi million dollar contract....

MOtorboat
08-27-2009, 07:15 PM
Meh, the dude's probably not healthy enough to practice and the media and we are just blowing it out of proportion. I'm starting to think that more and more that's probably the case.

Lonestar
08-27-2009, 07:17 PM
McDaniels - Thursday

The first questions were about Marshall

http://www.denverbroncos.com/

the reporters tried really hard to drag him into calling out BM but was steadfast in saying those that are ready and ABLE to practice will play..

he deserves an atta boy for not getting into a pissing contest:salute:

elsid13
08-27-2009, 07:21 PM
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/video/20590420/index.html

The video and it is very very bad.

MOtorboat
08-27-2009, 07:25 PM
Meh, the dude's probably not healthy enough to practice and the media and we are just blowing it out of proportion. I'm starting to think that more and more that's probably the case.

Well, I was wrong.

Marshall is a douche.

I want to watch the idiots blame this on McDaniels....

This is ALL on Marshall. This is him acting like a child.

Lonestar
08-27-2009, 07:26 PM

you are really understating this with your comments.. NOW I fully understand that question and answer from Josh after seeing him dogging it..

If they can't someone to trade for him then I see a suspension without pay coming..

Day1BroncoFan
08-27-2009, 07:27 PM
Marshall is not my friend anymore.

I'm glad I don't have his jersey.

MOtorboat
08-27-2009, 07:30 PM
you are really understating this with your comments.. NOW I fully understand that question and answer from Josh after seeing him dogging it..

If they can't someone to trade for him then I see a suspension without pay coming..

They can't trade him now. He's got no value. If he continues to do this shit AND get in trouble off the field, he's worth, what...a 5th rounder?

Lonestar
08-27-2009, 07:32 PM
They can't trade him now. He's got no value. If he continues to do this shit AND get in trouble off the field, he's worth, what...a 5th rounder?

you will get NO argument from me on this..

elsid13
08-27-2009, 07:32 PM
Well, I was wrong.

Marshall is a douche.

I want to watch the idiots blame this on McDaniels....

This is ALL on Marshall. This is him acting like a child.

I won't blame it on McDaniels, but something happened to set this off.

BroncoBJ
08-27-2009, 07:33 PM

Theres the video of him today giving a half ass efort in practice and acting like he is in Gym Class. Thats disgusting. :coffee:

Day1BroncoFan
08-27-2009, 07:33 PM
McD told him he's not ready to play so he's pouting now.

MOtorboat
08-27-2009, 07:34 PM
I won't blame it on McDaniels, but something happened to set this off.

I guess its because they haven't immediately paid him after him being exonerated a few weeks back.

Apparently, he doesn't understand that there will always be a negotiation period...and that he's under contract.

I seriously just don't get this. What the hell is wrong with him?

elsid13
08-27-2009, 07:36 PM
I guess its because they haven't immediately paid him after him being exonerated a few weeks back.

Apparently, he doesn't understand that there will always be a negotiation period...and that he's under contract.

I seriously just don't get this. What the hell is wrong with him?

I would believe it has to do more with him doing scout team duties and relegated to holding the blocking dummy. I look at that video and see a very frustrated individual that has no way of solving that frustration.

MOtorboat
08-27-2009, 07:38 PM
I would believe it has to do more with him doing scout team duties and relegated to holding the blocking dummy. I look at that video and see a very frustrated individual that has no way of solving that frustration.

Then LEARN THE OFFENSE! If you don't understand the offense, you can't run it!

How ******* hard is that to understand?

He was relegated to scout team because he admittedly didn't know the offense.

Day1BroncoFan
08-27-2009, 07:39 PM
If Marshall wants to be a team player now is his chance.

Oh wait, too late he blew it.

Lonestar
08-27-2009, 07:40 PM
did you see the chick in the background crack a smile and then went to aggressive gum chewing not to be laughing out loud as was the guy right behind JOSH had his best smile suppression face on..

Bozo Jr.
08-27-2009, 07:41 PM

What a piece of ****!!! I don't want to see this garbage ever again. **** BM :tsk:

elsid13
08-27-2009, 07:42 PM
Then LEARN THE OFFENSE! If you don't understand the offense, you can't run it!

How ******* hard is that to understand?

He was relegated to scout team because he admittedly didn't know the offense.

I think Marshall knows the offense better then we think on the boards. He did spend a lot of the off season working on it with the coaches before the Cutler fiasco. Plus like it was reported on NFL Channel, that comment was more of f' up comment to McDaniel then anything else.

Problem is there is only one guy on offense that could have made Marshall stop acting stupid and he plays for Chicago now. No one else on the offense has the pull now.

Lonestar
08-27-2009, 07:43 PM

then why knock the ball down in the pass catching drills that is what he is being paid to do.

he could just as easily bust his balls for the next two weeks to prove them wrong.. but he would rather act like a moron..

T.K.O.
08-27-2009, 07:46 PM
I think Marshall knows the offense better then we think on the boards. He did spend a lot of the off season working on it with the coaches before the Cutler fiasco. Plus like it was reported on NFL Channel, that comment was more of f' up comment to McDaniel then anything else.

Problem is there is only one guy on offense that could have made Marshall stop acting stupid and he plays for Chicago now. No one else on the offense has the pull now.

actually thats the guy that taught marshall how to act like this!;)

Benetto
08-27-2009, 07:47 PM
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the video....
I am with EMB...Deactivate him for the year, so he loses his 2 million.

Son of a bitch is really proving how much he is getting his act together for the team to sign him to a big contract...

I never would of though a grown man in the NFL would act like that...I am really ashamed he is a Bronco at this point. I wonder if he would bat down balls or half ass regular season game play.

MOtorboat
08-27-2009, 07:47 PM

Let's run a little timeline here...

September: Marshall charged with battery.

March: Marshall arrested for arguing and possibly kicking his fiance.

June: Marshall demands a new contract or trade, but won't attend organized team activities. Bowlen says no to the contract. Marshall proceeds to not join team activities.

July: Marshall shows up for camp because "Its $13,000 a day, I'm not stupid."

August: Marshall apparently isn't 100 percent healthy after first practice. He sits. Marshall leaves team for trial (misses a game because of it, mind you), and if he's convicted, faces a possible suspension. He's exonerated. Comes back to camp, refuses to learn the playbook and demands a trade again. Demoted to scout team because he doesn't know the offense. Not taken to Seattle for preseason game, but elevated on depth chart to starter. Still doesn't know the offense. Acts like child in practice. Goes missing from practice.

So...you are essentially blaming the Cutler trade on Marshall's actions.

I think its pretty clear that Marshall's actions have put Marshall in the situation he's in.

BroncoBJ
08-27-2009, 07:48 PM
I don't know why everyone is so mad. Marshall is being converted to a DB and a punter. Josh is making him a versatile player. :rockon:

elsid13
08-27-2009, 07:49 PM
then why knock the ball down in the pass catching drills that is what he is being paid to do.

he could just as easily bust his balls for the next two weeks to prove them wrong.. but he would rather act like a moron..

But what does he get out of that? He not going to get paid more and more then likely the team will not redo his contract.

T.K.O.
08-27-2009, 07:51 PM
maybe marshall just wants his own reality show?
he's on his way to "keeping up with brandon":D

MOtorboat
08-27-2009, 07:51 PM
But what does he get out of that? He not going to get paid more and more then likely the team will not redo his contract.

He's ours for two more years, unless someone wants to give up a first and third restricted tender...so WTF cares at this point. Let his broke ass ride the pine and get fined because he refuses to play/participate.

No ones going to give up the tender, and I doubt if he continues to act like a child that anyone is going to sign him.

He holds no bargaining chips at all.

Tned
08-27-2009, 07:55 PM

While that could be a reaction to how he has been treated (relegated to scout team, etc.), I will admit that video looks pretty damning.

Lonestar
08-27-2009, 07:57 PM

we do not know what has or has not been said to this skell.. we do know that what he is doing is not going to work..

Josh gave him a chance in practice to do the right thing on TUES and WED and he goes pissy..

I have not heard any coach and certainly not Josh say anything bad about him.. He has refused to get into it with the press no matter how hard they push him..

I would suspect that he would get a contract mid season IF they see he is worth paying him and he stays out of trouble and the know he is 100% healthy..

but if he does not play what options do they have with him but to suspend him totally and see if that gets his attention..

I think everyone knows the only reason he is in camp is because he can;t afford the fines daily..

MOtorboat
08-27-2009, 07:57 PM
While that could be a reaction to how he has been treated (relegated to scout team, etc.), I will admit that video looks pretty damning.

And he was relegated to scout team because he doesn't know the offense...admittedly...cause and effect and effect...

Tned
08-27-2009, 08:01 PM
And he was relegated to scout team because he doesn't know the offense...admittedly...cause and effect and effect...

Or, he was relegated to the scout team because his agent asked for a renegotiation and then a trade. We don't know the real reason. Maybe lack of knowing the playbook - maybe punishment for his agent's request.

Lonestar
08-27-2009, 08:02 PM
53 minutes ago

ENGLEWOOD, COLO.(AP) —Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall(notes) appears unlikely to make his preseason debut in Sunday night’s exhibition against the Chicago Bears after missing practice again.

Marshall, who had offseason hip surgery, has missed most of the team’s training camp with a hamstring problem. He also has requested a trade after clashing with the organization and new coach Josh McDaniels over his desire for a new contract.

McDaniels refused to specify the reasons for Marshall’s absence from practice. He had returned to practice Tuesday, and McDaniels had said he participated fully in the team’s drills. However, Marshall appeared to hold himself out of some pre-practice warmup drills Wednesday - the only portion of the team’s workout open to the media - and was nowhere to be seen on Thursday.

During a brief post-practice news conference, McDaniels refused to say whether Marshall’s absence was health-related.

“I’m not going into it,” he said. “If they’re not ready or able, they’re not out here.”

McDaniels was then asked if Marshall was on the premises.

“I don’t know where he’s at right now. He was in the building this morning,” McDaniels replied.

McDaniels appeared to become irritated when, in a follow-up question, he was asked whether he had spoken with Marshall.

“I’m not talking about it,” McDaniels said. “He’s not out here at practice. When he’s ready and able to practice, he will practice. That’s it.”

The Associated Press sought comment from Marshall’s agent, Kennard McGuire, but was told he was out of the country until Monday.

McDaniels held Marshall out of last Saturday’s exhibition at Seattle, saying the wide receiver wasn’t prepared to take the field in a game. Marshall missed the team’s exhibition opener against San Francisco with an injury.

Marshall has only practiced a handful of times this offseason. A Pro Bowl receiver with 206 receptions the past two seasons, Marshall has sought a new contract and, after the Broncos did not act on his request, asked in June to be traded.

He pulled a hamstring on the first weekend of training camp and didn’t return until a week ago. But after telling reporters that he still wasn’t up to speed on the new playbook, Marshall found himself limited largely to scout team duties last week.

NOTES: Injured running backs Knowshon Moreno(notes) (knee) and Lamont Jordan(notes) (leg) were again held out of practice, along with defensive linemen Marcus Thomas (shoulder) and Le Kevin Smith(notes) (unspecified), quarterback Chris Simms(notes) (ankle), cornerback Tony Carter (leg). … It’s been a whirlwind couple days for offensive lineman Russ Hochstein(notes), who took part in his second practice with the Broncos since being acquired Tuesday in a trade with New England. “It’s been pretty fast,” Hochstein said. “I’m getting adjusted to a new city, a new team, new teammates, linemates, all those things. It’s been good, but I’ve got a lot of work ahead of me.” …Special teams coordinator Mike Priefer says the competition between second-year punter Brett Kern(notes) and rookie Britton Colquitt is “neck-and-neck” and could come down to a decision following the final exhibition.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txbroncosmarshall&prov=st&type=lgns

Lonestar
08-27-2009, 08:03 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall appears unlikely to make his preseason debut in Sunday night's exhibition against the Chicago Bears after missing practice again.

Marshall, who had offseason hip surgery, has missed most of the team's training camp with a hamstring problem. He also has requested a trade after clashing with the organization and new coach Josh McDaniels over his desire for a new contract.

McDaniels refused to specify the reasons for Marshall's absence from practice. He had returned to practice Tuesday, and McDaniels had said he participated fully in the team's drills. However, Marshall appeared to hold himself out of some pre-practice warmup drills Wednesday -- the only portion of the team's workout open to the media -- and was nowhere to be seen on Thursday.

During a brief post-practice news conference, McDaniels refused to say whether Marshall's absence was health-related.

"I'm not going into it," he said. "If they're not ready or able, they're not out here."

"I don't know where he's at right now. He was in the building this morning," McDaniels replied.

McDaniels appeared to become irritated when, in a follow-up question, he was asked whether he had spoken with Marshall.

"I'm not talking about it," McDaniels said. "He's not out here at practice. When he's ready and able to practice, he will practice. That's it."

The Associated Press sought comment from Marshall's agent, Kennard McGuire, but was told he was out of the country until Monday.

McDaniels held Marshall out of last Saturday's exhibition at Seattle, saying the wide receiver wasn't prepared to take the field in a game. Marshall missed the team's exhibition opener against San Francisco with an injury.

Marshall has only practiced a handful of times this offseason. A Pro Bowl receiver with 206 receptions the past two seasons, Marshall has sought a new contract and, after the Broncos did not act on his request, asked in June to be traded.

He pulled a hamstring on the first weekend of training camp and didn't return until a week ago. But after telling reporters that he still wasn't up to speed on the new playbook, Marshall found himself limited largely to scout team duties last week.

NOTES: Injured running backs Knowshon Moreno (knee) and Lamont Jordan (leg) were again held out of practice, along with defensive linemen Marcus Thomas (shoulder) and Le Kevin Smith (unspecified), quarterback Chris Simms (ankle), cornerback Tony Carter (leg). ... It's been a whirlwind couple days for offensive lineman Russ Hochstein, who took part in his second practice with the Broncos since being acquired Tuesday in a trade with New England. "It's been pretty fast," Hochstein said. "I'm getting adjusted to a new city, a new team, new teammates, linemates, all those things. It's been good, but I've got a lot of work ahead of me." ...Special teams coordinator Mike Priefer says the competition between second-year punter Brett Kern and rookie Britton Colquitt is "neck-and-neck" and could come down to a decision following the final exhibition.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp09/news/story?id=4427522

Poet
08-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Brandon Marshall is a little kid in a grown man's body.

T.K.O.
08-27-2009, 08:26 PM
he's gonna be sorry he missed the ride to the playoffs for the first time in his career !!!!hhhhwhammyyyyyyyy!:D

T.K.O.
08-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Brandon Marshall is a little kid in a grown man's body.

and mcD is grown man in a little kids body !:laugh:

DonnellWoolford
08-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Hey Bears fan here. Not a troll or here to talk smack etc. I like looking at all the teams message boards see what other teams fans are saying. This MB is really good, lot of good discussions, Id say this and the saintsreport.com are probably the two best MB Ive seen as far as intelligent discussions go...Anyways Ive read alot of ppl saying "if he'd just play he'll get paid." Im just wondering if maybe this guy Marshall feels that with Orton as his QB he's not gonna put up the stats he did before. Im not saying thats what I think (Ive always liked Orton) but maybe thats what he thinks...Especially when former Bears i.e. King of the dropped 3rd down pass Muhsin Muhammed say things like "Chicago is where wide recievers go to die" and frankly, it seemed liked when the Bears were on SNF or MNF last couple years Orton and the entire Bears O had their worst games, maybe he was tuned in. Just a thought. It does seem hes acting quite the baby tho. What is it about wide recievers....

EMB6903
08-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Brandon Marshall officially is an idiot
Posted by Mike Florio on August 27, 2009 9:00 PM ET
We've been fair to Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall. When ESPN tried to smear him unfairly regarding battery charges on which he was later acquitted, we cried foul and demonstrated the serious flaws in Bristol's reporting.

But based on this video from Wednesday's practice, courtesy of TheDenverChannel.com, we are now prepared to conclude that Marshall is, in our opinion, an idiot.

A complete idiot.

Watch the video if you disagree. He's acting like a spoiled brat, knocking the ball down during individual wideout drills, punting the ball instead of handing it to the ball boys, and generally lollygagging.

So it's no surprise that Marshall wasn't at practice today.

As one league source recently pointed out, the Broncos should be documenting Marshall's behavior. They'll need that evidence if/when they decide to suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team.

And though Marshall's plan likely is to be disruptive without providing full-blown cause for a conclusion that he's acting like Terrell Owens circa 2005, what we saw in that video is, in our view, enough to justify sending him home for the first four weeks of the season, at a total salary loss of $517,000.

The Broncos should do it. They've got nothing to lose, in our view. If the grievance succeeds, then they'll pay him the salary they would have otherwise paid him anyway for being of no value to the team's effort to win football games.

Marshall apparently also doesn't realize that his behavior is making it even less likely that another team will pull the trigger on a trade for him. The fact that Marshall is behaving so badly for the Broncos is more than enough to make any potential buyer beware that he might do the same thing in his new city if/when he gets a stick up butt at some point in the future.

www.profootballtalk.com

Tned
08-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Mark Schlereth tweet on the Marshall video:

@markschlereth This video of marshall is awful! I'm embarrassed for him, how do you look your team in the eyes?

EMB6903
08-27-2009, 08:40 PM
Brandon Marshall is definately going to regret this one.... he lost a lot of money with the actions he has recently pulled... I know it doesnt really matter but these Ex NFL players that are now commentating are going to tear him apart for the next month.. Should be entertaining actually.

Poet
08-27-2009, 08:40 PM
I am not a Broncos fan, but this is too funny for me.

I think all the Brandon Marshall supporters should line up and get their serving of crow.

EMB6903
08-27-2009, 08:42 PM
I was a Marshall supporter for his actions on the field... but after watching this Im sickened...

could you imagine doing that at football practice or WORK and getting away with it?

and how did we get these 2 punks in the same draft class?

SMH

Poet
08-27-2009, 08:45 PM
I was a Marshall supporter for his actions on the field... but after watching this Im sickened...

could you imagine doing that at football practice or WORK and getting away with it?

and how did we get these 2 punks in the same draft class?

SMH

How can you be surprised? I mean there isn't a direct correlation here, but players who get in trouble off the field (and spare me the innocent rap, anyone with objectivity knows that if you keep getting in trouble you're doing something wrong and it's more then bad timing) tend to be jackasses on the field.

Brandon Marshall is a top ten WR. But I can think of 20 WRs I would rather have on my team.

SmilinAssasSin27
08-27-2009, 08:47 PM
What a friggin asshat!

Try to defend this one BMarsh lovers...

T.K.O.
08-27-2009, 08:48 PM
Hey Bears fan here. Not a troll or here to talk smack etc. I like looking at all the teams message boards see what other teams fans are saying. This MB is really good, lot of good discussions, Id say this and the saintsreport.com are probably the two best MB Ive seen as far as intelligent discussions go...Anyways Ive read alot of ppl saying "if he'd just play he'll get paid." Im just wondering if maybe this guy Marshall feels that with Orton as his QB he's not gonna put up the stats he did before. Im not saying thats what I think (Ive always liked Orton) but maybe thats what he thinks...Especially when former Bears i.e. King of the dropped 3rd down pass Muhsin Muhammed say things like "Chicago is where wide recievers go to die" and frankly, it seemed liked when the Bears were on SNF or MNF last couple years Orton and the entire Bears O had their worst games, maybe he was tuned in. Just a thought. It does seem hes acting quite the baby tho. What is it about wide recievers....

the odd thing is that he (and the rest of the team) has never played in this system with this qb,so who knows what is possible.
he has'nt seen enough practice to make a reasonable assesment of what he might produce....but reason has not been a strong point for the young man thus far.
anyway congrats on getting what should be the best qb in chitown for a long while....and i hope you guys have a good season...not great but good !:D

Benetto
08-27-2009, 08:49 PM
What a friggin asshat!

Try to defend this one BMarsh lovers...

Where have you been playboy? Long time no see/read...Hope the kids and wife are doing good.

SmilinAssasSin27
08-27-2009, 08:55 PM
All is well. Busy summer. Trying to spend a bit more quality time w/ the fam. I'll be back on more for the season....and of course the draft.

Hope all is well on your end...

FanInAZ
08-27-2009, 09:17 PM
I have no problem seeing McD putting BM on scout team duties as a means of sending a message to the entire team, including BM, that nobody is above the team. That McD is not going to bow down worship anybody's greatness no matter how talented and/or popular they may be. BM has had is over inflated ego bruised. His responce is leading to a downward spiral that he is responsible for creating. There is only two ways that this can end.

1. BM could humble himself and start acting like a team player.

2. McD may have no choice but deal with him the same way the Gruden dealt with Keyshon in Tampa Bay.

The ball is in BM's court.

Zweems56
08-27-2009, 09:38 PM
I was hoping and praying until I saw that video. Thats revolting. I'm going into work tomorrow and kicking a keyboard across my trailer.

Lonestar
08-27-2009, 09:40 PM
I was hoping and praying until I saw that video. Thats revolting. I'm going into work tomorrow and kicking a keyboard across my trailer.

wanna bet how fast someone would be kicking your ass out the door?

Lonestar
08-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Here is CBS4 perspective on it..

ENGLEWOOD (AP) ―
Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall appears unlikely to make his preseason debut in Sunday night's exhibition against the Chicago Bears after missing practice again.

Marshall, who had offseason hip surgery, has missed most of the team's training camp with a hamstring problem. He also has requested a trade after clashing with the organization and new coach Josh McDaniels over his desire for a new contract.

McDaniels refused to specify the reasons for Marshall's absence from practice. He had returned to practice Tuesday, and McDaniels had said he participated fully in the team's drills. However, Marshall appeared to hold himself out of some pre-practice warmup drills Wednesday -- the only portion of the team's workout open to the media -- and was nowhere to be seen on Thursday.

During a brief post-practice news conference, McDaniels refused to say whether Marshall's absence was health-related.

"I'm not going into it," he said. "If they're not ready or able, they're not out here."

"I don't know where he's at right now. He was in the building this morning," McDaniels replied.

"I'm not talking about it," McDaniels said. "He's not out here at practice. When he's ready and able to practice, he will practice. That's it."

The Associated Press sought comment from Marshall's agent, Kennard McGuire, but was told he was out of the country until Monday.

McDaniels held Marshall out of last Saturday's exhibition at Seattle, saying the wide receiver wasn't prepared to take the field in a game. Marshall missed the team's exhibition opener against San Francisco with an injury.

He pulled a hamstring on the first weekend of training camp and didn't return until a week ago. But after telling reporters that he still wasn't up to speed on the new playbook, Marshall found himself limited largely to scout team duties last week.

NOTES: Injured running backs Knowshon Moreno (knee) and Lamont Jordan (leg) were again held out of practice, along with defensive linemen Marcus Thomas (shoulder) and Le Kevin Smith (unspecified), quarterback Chris Simms (ankle), cornerback Tony Carter (leg). ... It's been a whirlwind couple days for offensive lineman Russ Hochstein, who took part in his second practice with the Broncos since being acquired Tuesday in a trade with New England. "It's been pretty fast," Hochstein said. "I'm getting adjusted to a new city, a new team, new teammates, linemates, all those things. It's been good, but I've got a lot of work ahead of me." ...Special teams coordinator Mike Priefer says the competition between second-year punter Brett Kern and rookie Britton Colquitt is "neck-and-neck" and could come down to a decision following the final exhibition.

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/Marshall.McDaniels.Broncos.2.1148508.html

EMB6903
08-27-2009, 09:47 PM
Put this clown on scout team TE and let the starting front 7 have there way with him for the rest of the year

Denver Native (Carol)
08-27-2009, 09:58 PM

What does he get out of that - the MONEY they are paying him to play this year, to contribute to the Broncos this year. Does he NOT have the OBLIGATION to earn his money this year?????? Or is it - I will just blow the season off - what do I care - I will get my paycheck.

ikillz0mbies
08-27-2009, 10:22 PM
Since when did the Broncos allow 10 year olds on the team? This is just plain immature, whiney, bullshit. Marshall shouldn't even be traded, just de-activate him for the remainder of the season. Did Marshall not see how it was his responsibility to show the team that he has grown up? So what does he do, he goes on the practice field and acts like an idiot. The Broncos should feel ashamed that the name "Marshall" is on a Broncos jersey.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-27-2009, 10:23 PM
Latest twitter from Vic Lombardi: http://twitter.com/VicLombardi

VicLombardi

i would bet good money that a suspension is looming for Brandon Marshall...watch our show tonight at 10...amazing.

NightTrainLayne
08-27-2009, 10:32 PM
Trey Wingo tweets that Marshall will be on NFL Live to explain himself tomorrow at 12:30 Eastern.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-27-2009, 10:32 PM
Twitter from Lindsey Jones - denver post http://twitter.com/denverbroncos

denverbroncos

RT @wingoz: fyi.. brandon marshall will join me on NFL LIVE 1230 eastern. he'll explain the video of him apparently NOT trying in practice.

FanInAZ
08-27-2009, 10:35 PM
The link you provided does work, but the links to the individual articles don't

JDL
08-27-2009, 10:48 PM
A LITTLE Q&A WITH MYSELF (which isn't what you think :tsk:) LOL

Is there any scenario where Brandon Marshall gets a huge contract extension?

It seems that the answer to this is no. I think he has shown he has less class and work ethic than guys like Chad Johnson, ugh, Terrell Owens and of course Boldin (who actually is a good guy and has gone about it the right way.) All wanted more money, but actually took their JOB seriously when it counted and it counts now... you can't be out there and just wing it, can you? Of course not.

So, then what?

Well, you have to try and maximize his value so that you can get fair trade value for him. Again this would not be McDaniel's first rodeo, he was there in New England for the Lawyer Milloy cap fiasco, he was there for the Deion Branch money fiasco, but none probably as messy as this. Can you even improve his value at this point?

You would have to be able to play him and show he is healthy, then you have at least two of his three strikes resolved (no way to clear up his mental issues... it's pretty damn clear, he's an idiot.) So, Legal Issues cleared up? Check. Hip is healed? well, we don't know, he is an idiot as stated above, because at least if he had worked his butt off got on the field and proved in preseason that he is healthy to other teams, maybe another team would want him, instead, nobody wants him now (well, not at any price we should be willing to accept.) As things stand, I doubt Marshall sees the field anytime soon and so it will be very difficult with his mental issues and at least a dubious health situation to get any serious offers.

Repeat, So, then what?

I think we can all agree that professionalism is severely lacking in Marshall's case. This latest video is the smoking gun. I can only see one way for this to play out and maybe this is what Marshall wanted all along, but it is going to cost him dearly.

Suspend him! 4 games minimum. Hit him in the wallet (as this seems to be the only thing that gets his attention, see Watley cases and how he started to straighten up when his paychecks were threatened.)

Why a suspension?

This is as much for the benefit of the other players as Marshall. It puts the team ahead of individual needs and gives them due respect for being out there busting hump every single day.

For Marshall, it screws him. He will have four weeks to realize that the only way he can get his pay day and get out of Denver, is to play his butt off in the final 12 games of the season. Nobody is trading for him while he is suspended and should make things crystal clear to him, work hard and be a team player for 12 games, then MAYBE, you'll get your way... if not... you have no shot.

So, some shot? or no shot? If he plays well and shows he is healthy and has a big year, then in all likelihood after his antics this training camp, McDaniels will ship him out at the first reasonable offer, in 2010.

This is the only way I can see out of this, where everyone's (more importantly Denver's) needs are met. Cutting him or trading him for next to nothing, should not be an option. 1) Football is a tough business and you need to make the absolute MOST of every asset at your disposal and 2) Giving Marshall his way invites future issues from other players.

Anyway... just my thoughts.

Superchop 7
08-27-2009, 11:19 PM
I don't blame Brandon for hating McDaniels.

At all.

Look.....

T.O. pulls this stuff and gets raises.

Think about it.

BroncoTech
08-27-2009, 11:21 PM
Well the little baby TO has grown from pimple on the ass to full blown cancer infecting other organs. Makes you wonder what discussion has been like with the league office. Then this meeting with NFL Channel to discuss his actions, like where is he supposed to be? Practicing? Josh should call a presser 5 minutes before BM's presser with a little revenge bombshell called suspension.

dogfish
08-27-2009, 11:45 PM
oi!

FFS. . . . this is a complete frigging disaster! fiasco! debacle! cluster****. . . .

nobody wins here, unless marshall's agent has already been in contact with dan snyder or jerry jones and has an agreement in place. . . "do whatever it takes to make them get rid of you-- don't worry if you get suspended for 'conduct detrimental,' we'll make that cash up to you later". . . i mean, beyond something like that, WTF can they possibly be thinking??

:noidea:

grtanted, we already knew that marshall has all the mental and emotional maturity of your average ten-year-old, but his agent at least presumably isn't stoopid, and it's his job to advise marshall. . . if he doesn't think he can force his way out of denver and get a significant deal somewhere else, how can he think this is helping his client?

is that why we're screwing with him by putting him on the scout team and whatnot as opposed to a suspension? because doogie and the FO don't want to be manipulated? because at this point he's basically begging for it, and it's clearly the logical next step. . . i mean, what else are we supposed to do? it gets to a point where that's really the only option we have left, and if this isn't that point then i don't know where it is. . .

frig. . . i hope royal's ready to face double coverage and number one corners on a daily basis, because this sure doesn't look like it's going to end well. . . . :tsk:

Northman
08-27-2009, 11:47 PM

At all.

Look.....

Think about it.

And gets cut and traded in the process and yet has no rings. :lol:

But he does have money. Your right about that.

Tempus Fugit
08-27-2009, 11:49 PM

At all.

Look.....

Think about it.

It's not about McDaniels. I don't know how often this has to be pointed out. Marshall himself has just pointed out that this goes back to before this year. All you people who've got it out for McDaniels are going to have to accept reality, sooner or later.

D1g1tal j1m
08-27-2009, 11:51 PM
This makes me sad :(

FanInAZ
08-28-2009, 03:53 AM
And gets cut and traded in the process and yet has no rings. :lol:

But he does have money. Your right about that.

I was under the impression that the Bills are paying him bargin basement because no one else wanted him. I'm I wrong about this?

Jaws
08-28-2009, 04:00 AM
He's living up to his nickname without a shadow of a doubt:

Baby T.O!

Dreadnought
08-28-2009, 05:50 AM
It's not about McDaniels. I don't know how often this has to be pointed out. Marshall himself has just pointed out that this goes back to before this year. All you people who've got it out for McDaniels are going to have to accept reality, sooner or later.

Agreed. I'm not in the McD fan club by any stretch, but I don't think you can hang this fresh disaster on him. He flubbed the Cutler situation but not this one, which is now all on Bmarsh.

As for BMarsh I'll just pray for the day he is no longer a Bronco, however that has to happen. I hope we can get something useful out of the deal, whatever that is.

Pfaugh!!!

claymore
08-28-2009, 06:29 AM
I dont blame JMCD for Marshall being a doosh. But I do blame JMCD for thinking he can use the same approach for every player.

Tough guy attitude wont work with Marshall. He should have known that. Marshall has nothing to lose. He will get paid regardless. JMCD is losing value. Not Marshall.

claymore
08-28-2009, 06:34 AM
Brandon Marshall admits his idiocy
Posted by Mike Florio on August 28, 2009 6:40 AM ET
Last night, we officially declared after viewing that video of Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall behaving like a buffoon that Marshall is an idiot.

Many of you who watched the video feel the same way.

And Marshall apparently agrees with the collective assessment.

"I think everybody knows there's a lot of stuff built up there, and me handling it that way wasn't good," Marshall told ESPN Thursday night.

"I'm not out there trying to be a distraction to the team," Marshall said. "Unfortunately, yesterday I kind of let my frustration get the best of me."

Marshall also hinted that the frustrations resulted from a "meeting" that occurred prior to practice. He didn't elaborate on the subjects discussed at the meeting.
Though he claims that he's not trying to force a trade, we can't help but wonder whether his behavior has the two-fold purpose of making the Broncos willing to move him and of reducing his potential trade value in the hopes of making it to Chicago for a reunion with quarterback Jay Cutler. Since the Bears' ability to make a big splash for Marshall has been severely restricted by their big splash for Cutler, the only way for Brandon to become a Bear will be for the price tag to drop dramatically.

Besides, we're not going to accept Marshall's explanation at this point. He previously has made it clear with his words that he wants out. His actions from Wednesday spoke ever more loudly.

Even with his hoof hearted apology, we still think that Broncos fans have begun the process of turning their backs on Brandon, based on the video images that have been burned into their brains.This seems to be this regime's Modus operandi. Meet wit the player, piss them off so bad that the player reacts, and the organization looks innocent.

claymore
08-28-2009, 06:47 AM
Broken collarbone for Roy Williams?
Posted by Mike Florio on August 27, 2009 10:20 PM ET
Paging Marvin Harrison.

A league source tells us that Cowboys receiver Roy Williams suffered a broken collarbone during his Thursday night collision with cornerback Orlando Scandrick.

Typically, a broken collarbone requires a healing period of six to eight weeks.

Paging Marvin Harrison.

The injury came as the Cowboys practiced without shoulder pads. Per the source, Scandrick and Williams simply ran into each other.

Paging Marvin Harrison.

UPDATE: Another source tells us that the X-rays were negative. Our original source insists that it's a break, and that Williams will miss 6-8 weeks.

SECOND UPDATE: Williams told multiple players it was broken. X-rays reveal otherwise. MRI coming tomorrow. Sorry for the confusion. It's one of the hazards of real-time reporting, and it's one we'd like to avoid.
This is the kinda news we need to deal Marshal quick.

Dreadnought
08-28-2009, 06:52 AM
I dont blame JMCD for Marshall being a doosh. But I do blame JMCD for thinking he can use the same approach for every player.

Tough guy attitude wont work with Marshall. He should have known that. Marshall has nothing to lose. He will get paid regardless. JMCD is losing value. Not Marshall.

I think Marshall is screwing himself as well. He is reducing his trade value for sure, which screws us, but I think its a sure thing that his ridiculous antics reduce his own eventual payday further on. The example of TO and such knuckleheads is out there, and BMarsh is a total character crapshoot. It reduces what a team is willing to risk.

claymore
08-28-2009, 06:59 AM
I think Marshall is screwing himself as well. He is reducing his trade value for sure, which screws us, but I think its a sure thing that his ridiculous antics reduce his own eventual payday further on. The example of TO and such knuckleheads is out there, and BMarsh is a total character crapshoot. It reduces what a team is willing to risk.

Oh Marshall is a doosh for sure. But JMCD is supposed to be the adult in this scenario.

I think we all kinda knew this was going to happen. Why JMCD eggs it on, and doesnt trade marshall before it got this bad is beyond me.

This all could have been handled in house. Either a contract, or a trade.

Every player in the NFL that outplays their contract does this sorta shit. To act suprised and not have a good plan for when it happens is ridiculous.

Look at the Portis deal. I didnt want to trade him, I thought we should pay him, but at least mike took care of it quick, fast, and in a hurry.

Tned
08-28-2009, 07:07 AM
Oh Marshall is a doosh for sure. But JMCD is supposed to be the adult in this scenario.

I think we all kinda knew this was going to happen. Why JMCD eggs it on, and doesnt trade marshall before it got this bad is beyond me.

This all could have been handled in house. Either a contract, or a trade.

Every player in the NFL that outplays their contract does this sorta shit. To act suprised and not have a good plan for when it happens is ridiculous.

Look at the Portis deal. I didnt want to trade him, I thought we should pay him, but at least mike took care of it quick, fast, and in a hurry.

I know I am still in the tiny, tiny minority, but I do not think the Broncos should trade him. Play him, suspend him, let him sit all season, but no trade. I don't think we get a 1st and 3rd for him, which is what we will get if we keep him, get him on the field at some point so people know he is physically sound and then sign him as an RFA.

Marshall has no leverage. He can't afford to sit out the season (both in terms of money and losing a year towards free agency. The Broncos would be crazy to trade him for a 2nd or mid round pick.

claymore
08-28-2009, 07:11 AM
I know I am still in the tiny, tiny minority, but I do not think the Broncos should trade him. Play him, suspend him, let him sit all season, but no trade. I don't think we get a 1st and 3rd for him, which is what we will get if we keep him, get him on the field at some point so people know he is physically sound and then sign him as an RFA.

Marshall has no leverage. He can't afford to sit out the season (both in terms of money and losing a year towards free agency. The Broncos would be crazy to trade him for a 2nd or mid round pick.

He can afford it. Broncos have no leverage. Roy Williams has a broken collar bone. Hopefully Jerry Jones calls us.

roomemp
08-28-2009, 07:14 AM

I agree 100%. Setting a tone for the locker room and setting an example is more important than receiving a 1st for Marshall in a trade.......If a team is willing to give up a first fo him now, then hold onto him.....Give him a higher tendered offer for a restricted free agent, and we still get a first round pick while sending a message to the rest of the lock room......Its a win win. The Broncos are handling this perfectly. Josh McDaniels is handling everything in house

claymore
08-28-2009, 07:22 AM
I agree 100%. Setting a tone for the locker room and setting an example is more important than receiving a 1st for Marshall in a trade.......If a team is willing to give up a first fo him now, then hold onto him.....Give him a higher tendered offer for a restricted free agent, and we still get a first round pick while sending a message to the rest of the lock room......Its a win win. The Broncos are handling this perfectly. Josh McDaniels is handling everything in house

This scenario only works if we win. If we lose right out of the gate... Marshall will be saying "I told you so".

Dreadnought
08-28-2009, 07:25 AM

Logicly what you say makes sense. I am so pissed off at this idiot that I want him to pay for this stuff. I guess it makes sense not to cut off your nose...

And Clay, while we agree on a lot of stuff this offseason, I don't think there is any way anyone can get through to this jerk. Thats what he is, no more, no less. He's a far worse character than Cutler ever dreamed of being. I can't fault McD or his handling of the guy here.

MOtorboat
08-28-2009, 07:28 AM
Broncos have no leverage.

Yeah, because a contract is no leverage at all :rolleyes:

claymore
08-28-2009, 07:29 AM
Logicly what you say makes sense. I am so pissed off at this idiot that I want him to pay for this stuff. I guess it makes sense not to cut off your nose...

And Clay, while we agree on a lot of stuff this offseason, I don't think there is any way anyone can get through to this jerk. Thats what he is, no more, no less. He's a far worse character than Cutler ever dreamed of being. I can't fault McD or his handling of the guy here.

Im not defending him. I want him to be someone elses problem. He isnt going to play for JMCD... That is clear.

Why JMCD thinks he has to win this game of ego chicken is beyond me.

He handled Cutler and Marshall in the exact opposite ways he should have.

Why in the hell he traded Cutler, and then decides to play hardball with Marshall is just retarded.

I dont want Marshall as a Bronco. He is talented like a SOB, but he is a bad egg.

MOtorboat
08-28-2009, 07:30 AM

Exactly what has McDaniels done to say he's not handling the situation like an adult?

claymore
08-28-2009, 07:31 AM
Yeah, because a contract is no leverage at all :rolleyes:

Does us alot of good to pay him to sit on the bench. That will teach him. "Here sit over there and take 400k a year to do nothing, then you will get your pay day."

Marshalls next contract will be based off of Cutlers numbers, Not Ortons.

claymore
08-28-2009, 07:32 AM
Exactly what has McDaniels done to say he's not handling the situation like an adult?

Its visibly obvious. We all knew this was a situation, months ago. Why has it only gotten worse? WTF was his plan? You cant play hardball with someone that doesnt give a shit.

roomemp
08-28-2009, 07:35 AM
Does us alot of good to pay him to sit on the bench. That will teach him. "Here sit over there and take 400k a year to do nothing, then you will get your pay day."

Its not about sending a point to Marshall.....Its about sending a message to the team.

MOtorboat
08-28-2009, 07:36 AM

If he doesn't play, the amount of money he will earn will go down drastically, and no one is going to pay 1st and 3rd if he doesn't play, and he's not going to get market value if he doesn't play. The Broncos have ALL the bargaining chips in this and Marshall is just making it worse.

Its visibly obvious. We all knew this was a situation, months ago. Why has it only gotten worse? WTF was his plan? You cant play hardball with someone that doesnt give a shit.

Who's making it worse? McDaniels? I didn't see him throwing a hissy fit on the practice field. That was Marshall. In case you missed it.

Tned
08-28-2009, 07:39 AM

This has blown up really bad because of the Cutler trade, new coach, etc. However, teams deal with disgruntled players all the time. If Marshall is being punished, because his agent asked for a new contract/trade, then the Broncos need to stop, and just get him ready for the season.

If that hasn't happened, and this is truly all on Marshall, then the team smply needs to play hardball -- tell him if he doesn't do ______, he will be suspended for conduct detrimental to the team, and if he doesn't play this year, he will not earn a dime, nor a year of NFL service.

Tell him that even if he doesn't want to be a Bronco long term, his ONLY option for moving on and get a good contact with another team, is to play well this season, thereby raising his value both in terms of a contract and a team willing to compensate the Broncos.

Trading him now ONLY hurts the Broncos.

claymore
Its not about sending a point to Marshall.....Its about sending a message to the team.

That message does no good if we lose. You have to be a winning coach before you can play hardball with your players like this.

MOtorboat
That message does no good if we lose. You have to be a winning coach before you can play hardball with your players like this.

No you don't.

MOtorboat
08-28-2009, 07:40 AM
If Marshall is being punished, because his agent asked for a new contract/trade, then the Broncos need to stop, and just get him ready for the season.

But we don't know, so its useless to assume.

claymore
08-28-2009, 07:42 AM
This has blown up really bad because of the Cutler trade, new coach, etc. However, teams deal with disgruntled players all the time. If Marshall is being punished, because his agent asked for a new contract/trade, then the Broncos need to stop, and just get him ready for the season.

If that hasn't happened, and this is truly all on Marshall, then the team smply needs to play hardball -- tell him if he doesn't do ______, he will be suspended for conduct detrimental to the team, and if he doesn't play this year, he will not earn a dime, nor a year of NFL service.

Tell him that even if he doesn't want to be a Bronco long term, his ONLY option for moving on and get a good contact with another team, is to play well this season, thereby raising his value both in terms of a contract and a team willing to compensate the Broncos.
Trading him now ONLY hurts the Broncos.
But that is a lie as well. If Im Marshall, Im not going to base my next contract off of Kyle Orton throwing me dink and dunk BS.

Im going off of the 100 catch season.

claymore
08-28-2009, 07:43 AM
No you don't.

You are right. But it only works if you have some credibility.

MOtorboat
08-28-2009, 07:44 AM
But that is a lie as well. If Im Marshall, Im not going to base my next contract off of Kyle Orton throwing me dink and dunk BS.

Life isn't fair, and guess what, that's not Marshall's decision. He needs to quit his stupid hissy fit and go be the player he can be. He's already severely hurt his chances of ever getting a big contract.

MOtorboat
08-28-2009, 07:44 AM
You are right. But it only works if you have some credibility.

You mean like being the offensive coordinator for the greatest single-season offense in the history of the NFL?

LRtagger
08-28-2009, 07:46 AM
This seems to be this regime's Modus operandi. Meet wit the player, piss them off so bad that the player reacts, and the organization looks innocent.

Come on dude you can't pin this on the organization. There's no reason for it regardless of what they told him in the supposed meeting.

Coach pisses you off so you act like a bitch by disrupting practice.

Girlfriend pisses you off so you act like a bitch by kicking her in the face.

This is all on Marshall. He is a school girl. IMO he needs counseling.

Tned
08-28-2009, 07:51 AM
But we don't know, so its useless to assume.

Isn't that what you, me and everyone else does every day when we post our opinion.

Also, I didn't asume, I said "If".

claymore
08-28-2009, 07:53 AM
You mean like being the offensive coordinator for the greatest single-season offense in the history of the NFL?
Its convieniant how that coincided with the randy Moss signing. I bet they dont skip a beat this year with McDaniels gone.

Better yet, lets see Orton come close to Matching it. If he does, than your right. McDaniels is a stud.

Come on dude you can't pin this on the organization. There's no reason for it regardless of what they told him in the supposed meeting.

Coach pisses you off so you act like a bitch by disrupting practice.

Girlfriend pisses you off so you act like a bitch by kicking her in the face.

This is all on Marshall. He is a school girl. IMO he needs counseling.

Im not defending Marshall, Im just pissed its still an issue. He should have been gone, or paid.

McDaniels played the Cutler/Marshall thing exactly opposite of how it should have been done.

MOtorboat
08-28-2009, 07:55 AM
He should have been gone, or paid.

He wasn't worth anything until a week and a half ago. And he didn't even remotely deserve a contract until a week and a half ago.

You know...when we found out he wasn't going to get a four game suspension.

claymore
08-28-2009, 07:55 AM
Life isn't fair, and guess what, that's not Marshall's decision. He needs to quit his stupid hissy fit and go be the player he can be. He's already severely hurt his chances of ever getting a big contract.

He will get a big contract. He will get top 5 WR money. regardless of the lesson that McDaniels tries to teach him.

Vick makes more money than him (BM) as a backup, who is suspended for 6 games, and just got out of prison.

Marshall isnt going to gamble his payday on Kyle Orton numbers. He stands to lose more than he does by not playing.

Tned
08-28-2009, 07:56 AM

That's life in the NFL. If his production is down, because of the QB, GM's will see that, because all Broncos receivers will be down.

The GMs don't need to see him have another 100 reception season, they already know he is one of the most talented guys in the NFL. Like one of the guys on NFL Live last night said, he is more talented than Boldin, but if I was a GM, I would take Boldin right now because of all the problems with Marshall.

He needs to show the GM's that he is healthy and he makes it through the season with no more brushes with the law. If he does that, teams will be lining up to sign him, and the Broncos will get compensated. Or, as I would hope, during the course of the season, Marshall, McDaniels and the Broncos FO all have a group hug, kiss and make up, and the Bronocos resign him.

Thnikkaman
08-28-2009, 07:57 AM
Clay, its becoming obvious that your hatred for McDaniels is clouding your judgment.

Here are things that can happen:

Marshall will suck it up and play the season, and we will trade him next season (Least likely after observing Marshall's maturity)

The Broncos will suspend Marshall for insubordination (I could see this happening if the Broncos want to burn bridges with Marshall)

Marshall sits on the bench until he learns the playbook. I think this is the most likely situation. We don't know what McDaniels has said to Marshall. McDaniels may have pissed Marshall off by telling him that he needs to know the playbook before he will put him back on the 1st team squad. Unless you are a fly on the wall in that office, you have no clue as to what happened to cause Marshall to act that way.

That being said, when you are dealing with a child that wants attention, you do not acknowledge his bad behavior. That is what the child wants. Marshal batted some passes down and kicked a few balls. Sounds like a child throwing a tantrum that wants attention to me. If there is any desire to keep Marshall playing for Denver, the Broncos cannot acknowledge that behavior with either a positive action (trading Marshall), or a negative reaction (Suspending him).

claymore
08-28-2009, 07:58 AM
He wasn't worth anything until a week and a half ago. And he didn't even remotely deserve a contract until a week and a half ago.

You know...when we found out he wasn't going to get a four game suspension.

I said we should have traded him then. What happened instead? We told our players not to act excited for BM.

EastCoastBronco
08-28-2009, 08:05 AM
Trade his overrated ass. This tit is in no way worth the distraction and hassle he is causing. It's almost like he and T.O. twitter back and forth to discuss whose turn it is to piss and moan their way into the media spotlight.
Guys like this don't change. He's never going to be worth the cost of all the distraction he causes. Never.

Ship him for whatever we can get. Anyone thinking we can get a lot for him is sadly mistaken. He's ruining his trade value day by day and he's too freaking stupid to see it.

claymore
08-28-2009, 08:06 AM
Clay, its becoming obvious that your hatred for McDaniels is clouding your judgment.

Here are things that can happen:

Marshall will suck it up and play the season, and we will trade him next season (Least likely after observing Marshall's maturity)

The Broncos will suspend Marshall for insubordination (I could see this happening if the Broncos want to burn bridges with Marshall)

Marshall sits on the bench until he learns the playbook. I think this is the most likely situation. We don't know what McDaniels has said to Marshall. McDaniels may have pissed Marshall off by telling him that he needs to know the playbook before he will put him back on the 1st team squad. Unless you are a fly on the wall in that office, you have no clue as to what happened to cause Marshall to act that way.

That being said, when you are dealing with a child that wants attention, you do not acknowledge his bad behavior. That is what the child wants. Marshal batted some passes down and kicked a few balls. Sounds like a child throwing a tantrum that wants attention to me. If there is any desire to keep Marshall playing for Denver, the Broncos cannot acknowledge that behavior with either a positive action (trading Marshall), or a negative reaction (Suspending him).

I am thinking retty clearly. You guys have been snow balled, or you just hope it works out so much you wont realize the reality.

Marshall only loses if he plays for the Broncos.

His next contract will be based off of numbers. Kyle Orton is not going to help with this. Marshall understands this. And so does Marshal's Agent.

Marshall will get payed regardless of the scene he creates at Dove Valley.

The precidint has been set by players with less talent.

Northman
08-28-2009, 08:10 AM
lol,

The best thing Denver could do here is too either trade him (so as long as the offer is up to value). Or, let him sit and not address it at all. Since i know no team has offered him real trade value i would just let him sit and bitch and moan all he wants. I dont think he is even a distraction at this point. The media keeps trying to make more out of it than it really is. Im glad the FO arent playing the game and just letting him do what he wants to do from the sidelines.

MOtorboat
08-28-2009, 08:11 AM
His next contract will be based off of numbers. Kyle Orton is not going to help with this. Marshall understands this. And so does Marshal's Agent.

Life isn't fair. Marshall shouldn't have gotten in trouble with the law and he would have his contract right now, based on last year's numbers. He got in trouble with the law and now he's facing the consequences of HIS actions. Not McDaniels actions.

Thnikkaman
08-28-2009, 08:14 AM
I am thinking retty clearly. You guys have been snow balled, or you just hope it works out so much you wont realize the reality.

Marshall only loses if he plays for the Broncos.

Marshall will get payed regardless of the scene he creates at Dove Valley.

The precidint has been set by players with less talent.

If that's the case, he needs to work on catching balls in the End Zone. Marshal is a YAC reciever. Orton just needs to get him the ball. If Orton was throwing the ball to Marshall instead of Gaffney in the Seattle game, that famous Left Handed pass would have never happened. Orton's not the excuse. If Marshall want's to increase his stock, he needs to show that he can play well no matter who is behind center.

----------------
Now playing: Tanya Morgan – How Low (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/tanya+morgan/track/how+low)
via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

LRtagger
08-28-2009, 08:17 AM
Im not defending Marshall, Im just pissed its still an issue. He should have been gone, or paid.

McDaniels played the Cutler/Marshall thing exactly opposite of how it should have been done.

It's not up to McDaniels to give Marshall a contract.

Bowlen said NO to the contract. Bowlen said YES to the trade request. Marshall has not yet been traded.

My conclusion: No one wants to give up anything of value to get him. McDaniels can't magically make trade offers appear out of thin air.

What Marshall fails to realize is that these types of displays only weaken his trade value. If he really has a desire to be traded, then he needs to prove to other teams that he is worth it...even if he doesn't care about the Broncos or his teammates, being a little bitch is not going to work for him like it did for Cutler.

The sooner he realizes that, the better for him and the Broncos and any team that may be interested in him.

The only way this plays out well for him and the Broncos is if some team gets super desperate and caves in and gives us a legit trade offer. From what you posted, sounds like the Cowboys might be desperate...unfortunately for Brandon, they just RELEASED a wr who acted the same way...so the chances of them trading away valued picks or players to bring in TO's younger clone and paying him big bucks are slim to none.

silkamilkamonico
08-28-2009, 08:18 AM
You guys think this is bad?

Try being a loyal fan of your beloved Denver Broncos coming off 2 SuperBowls, arguablythe G.O.A.T., a supposed "mastermind coach" in Mike Shanahan, and then having to endure 10 underachieving season, 1 insignificant playoff win, a plethora of playoff blowouts, and 1 division championship.

I certainly didn't appreciate being lied to by Mike Shanahan and his "1 player away" bs he's been spoon feeding the blind Shanahan lovers the last 10 years.

I certainly wasn't fooled.

claymore
08-28-2009, 08:18 AM
Life isn't fair. Marshall shouldn't have gotten in trouble with the law and he would have his contract right now, based on last year's numbers. He got in trouble with the law and now he's facing the consequences of HIS actions. Not McDaniels actions.

Marshall made his bed. I understand why we didnt extend his contract. I still think McDaniels approaced this whole thing terribly (trying to play hardball with a knucklehead).

Look at Owens for a historical refrence on what is about to happen. No team can hold down a player with mad skills when another team is willing to pay him.

Like it or not, Marshall will get payed. Regardless of what the Broncos do.

Marshall could spend the next 2 years in prison, and still make more money than if he played in a dink and dunk offense Kyle Orton offense. .

MOtorboat
08-28-2009, 08:19 AM
Marshall could spend the next 2 years in prison, and still make more money than if he played in a dink and dunk offense Kyle Orton offense.

Now you're just being ridiculous.

claymore
08-28-2009, 08:21 AM
It's not up to McDaniels to give Marshall a contract.

Bowlen said NO to the contract. Bowlen said YES to the trade request. Marshall has not yet been traded.

My conclusion: No one wants to give up anything of value to get him. McDaniels can't magically make trade offers appear out of thin air.

What Marshall fails to realize is that these types of displays only weaken his trade value. If he really has a desire to be traded, then he needs to prove to other teams that he is worth it...even if he doesn't care about the Broncos or his teammates, being a little bitch is not going to work for him like it did for Cutler.

The sooner he realizes that, the better for him and the Broncos and any team that may be interested in him.

The only way this plays out well for him and the Broncos is if some team gets super desperate and caves in and gives us a legit trade offer. From what you posted, sounds like the Cowboys might be desperate...unfortunately for Brandon, they just RELEASED a wr who acted the same way...so the chances of them trading away valued picks or players to bring in TO's younger clone and paying him big bucks are slim to none.

Thats my point. It will work out for Marshall regardless.

The only way it can work out for the Broncos is if we pay him, or we stop the hardball BS and start working out a trade with Marshalls agent.

We need to do Marshall damage control so we can get something of value.

claymore
08-28-2009, 08:23 AM
Now you're just being ridiculous.

You are being Naive. Yesterday's performance was a planned thing. Marshall has 2 100 reception seasons, and is a physical beast, excellent at runblocking etc.

He will get paid. He only stands to lose by playing for the Broncos. if he has a 50 reception year he loses millions.

MOtorboat
08-28-2009, 08:23 AM
We need to do Marshall damage control so we can get something of value.

And what exactly can the Broncos do until a trade offer magically appears?

Northman
08-28-2009, 08:24 AM
Marshall made his bed. I understand why we didnt extend his contract. I still think McDaniels approaced this whole thing terribly (trying to play hardball with a knucklehead).

Look at Owens for a historical refrence on what is about to happen. No team can hold down a player with mad skills when another team is willing to pay him.

Marshall could spend the next 2 years in prison, and still make more money than if he played in a dink and dunk offense Kyle Orton offense. .

Your post makes sense if your a player just out to get paid. If your a player who wants to win championships you have to approach everything in a different manner including your personal life. As i stated before, TO has money and will always get money. But, we have a coach who comes from a organization where they believe in the actual team concept and dont give in to prima donnas. They simply release and reload. Brandon Marshall is hardly the last decent receiver that will ever play in the NFL. Why so many people get hung up on him is hilarious. McDaniels is building this team his way which he has every right to do. If he fails at succeeding than that falls on his shoulders but Bowlen gave him the job and he has the right to do it his way no matter how a couple of players feel about it. If things were really as bad as some people make it out to be i suppose the entire team would walk out. But thats not the case and i havent seen any other players come out and say "Oh, we have to have Marshall on this team if we are going to win". Sounds like the guys are pretty confident they can do the job asked of them.

MOtorboat
08-28-2009, 08:24 AM
You are being Naive. Yesterday's performance was a planned thing. Marshall has 2 100 reception seasons, and is a physical beast, excellent at runblocking etc.

He will get paid. He only stands to lose by playing for the Broncos. if he has a 50 reception year he loses millions.

So what if it was planned. He acted like a child. Acting like a child probably isn't going to get him what he wants.

claymore
08-28-2009, 08:28 AM
So what if it was planned. He acted like a child. Acting like a child probably isn't going to get him what he wants.

It will get him exactly what he wants. He wants to be a millionaire, not a thousandaire.

I know you guys dont like hearing it, but Marshall will be a millionaire. Just not here.

I just want us to minimize damgage and get as much as we can.

MOtorboat
08-28-2009, 08:30 AM
It will get him exactly what he wants. He wants to be a millionaire, not a thousandaire.

I know you guys dont like hearing it, but Marshall will be a millionaire. Just not here.

He already is. His salary will be $2.2 million this year. Yesterday that was a boat load of money, according to you...now its chump change. Make up your mind.

Sure, Marshall will get a contract, but its not going to be at market value and he still won't be happy. And its because of HIS actions. Not McDaniels or Bowlen.

Lonestar
08-28-2009, 08:35 AM

the GM's and HC's are smarter than that they know what he is capable of IF he has the right situation..

And frankly YOU do NOT know he is not capable of catching 100+ balls in this system IIRC Welker had More passes last year than marshall did..

it is time you get out of the hate MCD mode and start thinking with the head on your shoulders instead of your heart..

you have made it PAINFULLY obvious that you think that Josh should not have been hired and not many of your fellow fans will support this platform..

Marshall is the head case issue here and MOST folks, sportscasters, and I suspect GM's agree that how the Broncos are dealing with this is the right way..

Face it you do not like Josh and that is your issue.. and frankly no one here cares anymore.. time to move on and be a good poster like you have been prior to mikes firing.. you can only beat a dead horse for so long, your time is rapidly fleeting.

Lonestar
08-28-2009, 08:46 AM
lol,

The best thing Denver could do here is too either trade him (so as long as the offer is up to value). Or, let him sit and not address it at all. Since i know no team has offered him real trade value i would just let him sit and bitch and moan all he wants. I dont think he is even a distraction at this point. The media keeps trying to make more out of it than it really is. Im glad the FO arent playing the game and just letting him do what he wants to do from the sidelines.

wonder how being inactive all season will do for his next contract to bad this moron will make 2.2 mil this year.. for setting and healing..:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

claymore
08-28-2009, 08:48 AM
He already is. His salary will be $2.2 million this year. Yesterday that was a boat load of money, according to you...now its chump change. Make up your mind.

Sure, Marshall will get a contract, but its not going to be at market value and he still won't be happy. And its because of HIS actions. Not McDaniels or Bowlen.I thought his salrary was like 400k this year. Never said 2.2 million was chump change.

Marshall will make more money on his next contract. Thats the bottom line.

the GM's and HC's are smarter than that they know what he is capable of IF he has the right situation..

And frankly YOU do NOT know he is not capable of catching 100+ balls in this system IIRC Welker had More passes last year than marshall did..

it is time you get out of the hate MCD mode and start thinking with the head on your shoulders instead of your heart..

you have made it PAINFULLY obvious that you think that Josh should not have been hired and not many of your fellow fans will support this platform..

Marshall is the head case issue here and MOST folks, sportscasters, and I suspect GM's agree that how the Broncos are dealing with this is the right way..

Face it you do not like Josh and that is your issue.. and frankly no one here cares anymore.. time to move on and be a good poster like you have been prior to mikes firing.. you can only beat a dead horse for so long, your time is rapidly fleeting.
I think Marshall is a head case. Ive stated that. You are just reading waht you want to read.

I am very critical of McDaniels. I think he is handling this poorly.

Do you honestly believe McDaniels is going to teach Marshall a lesson?

Lonestar
08-28-2009, 08:51 AM

I will repeat this one more time WELKER HAD MORE RECEPTIONS last year than marshall did..

Lonestar
08-28-2009, 08:53 AM

he is a millionaire $2.2 for this coming year..

MOtorboat
08-28-2009, 09:01 AM

What is McDaniels doing poorly?

Lonestar
08-28-2009, 09:02 AM
I thought his salrary was like 400k this year. Never said 2.2 million was chump change.

Marshall will make more money on his next contract. Thats the bottom line.

I think Marshall is a head case. Ive stated that. You are just reading waht you want to read.

Do you honestly believe McDaniels is going to teach Marshall a lesson?

NO your not being rational about all of this, about MCD I have not heard one thing about the broncos positive from you in I do not know how long..

DO I think if marshall is going to learn from this probably not but it is not always about the individual when you are dealing with a TEAM..

I disliked mike for his lying each year with his 1-2 more players away crap.. and thought that BILL in NE seemed to be doing something right because they were winning and winning big.

Now I was surprised that mike was fired even though I thought it was LONG overdue.. I was hoping for Sapgnuolo as like most folks here I thought the D was the issue.. and the O just needed fine tuning..

but then Josh was hired and frankly he has grown on me ever thing he has done makes infinitely more sense than what I have seen in DEN in a LONG time..

with that I have a flight to catch.. see you all on SUNDAY.. hopefully before the game. IF not TIVO will save my bacon..

claymore
08-28-2009, 09:15 AM
What is McDaniels doing poorly?
Trying to teach marshall a lesson. Playing tough guy with Marshall will never work. It will backfire on us.

NO your not being rational about all of this, about MCD I have not heard one thing about the broncos positive from you in I do not know how long..

DO I think if marshall is going to learn from this probably not but it is not always about the individual when you are dealing with a TEAM..

I disliked mike for his lying each year with his 1-2 more players away crap.. and thought that BILL in NE seemed to be doing something right because they were winning and winning big.

Now I was surprised that mike was fired even though I thought it was LONG overdue.. I was hoping for Sapgnuolo as like most folks here I thought the D was the issue.. and the O just needed fine tuning..

but then Josh was hired and frankly he has grown on me ever thing he has done makes infinitely more sense than what I have seen in DEN in a LONG time..

with that I have a flight to catch.. see you all on SUNDAY.. hopefully before the game. IF not TIVO will save my bacon..

I liked the Draft. I thought the smith pick was boneheaded, and short sighted, but Like Smith the player allot.

MOtorboat
08-28-2009, 09:17 AM
Trying to teach marshall a lesson. Playing tough guy with Marshall will never work. It will backfire on us.

Specifically, what is he doing? I don't want general "he's teaching Marshall a lesson" answers. What, specifically, is McDaniels doing?

claymore
08-28-2009, 09:17 AM
I will repeat this one more time WELKER HAD MORE RECEPTIONS last year than marshall did..

And he gets payed more than Marshall. Welker also had the luxury of having Randy Moss double covered every down. So I do not see what your argument is trying to prove.

claymore
08-28-2009, 09:19 AM
Specifically, what is he doing? I don't want general "he's teaching Marshall a lesson" answers. What, specifically, is McDaniels doing?

That is between him and Marshall. All I know is it isnt working.

Poet
08-28-2009, 09:23 AM

Ok, it isn't working, so what? McDaniels can't make Brandon Marshall not be a jackass. He can't make him be a decent human being. He can't make him care about football.

This is ALL on Marshall.

Lonestar
08-28-2009, 09:24 AM
And he gets payed more than Marshall. Welker also had the luxury of having Randy Moss double covered every down. So I do not see what your argument is trying to prove.

that it is possible to have a 100 catch season in this dink and DUNK offense.. more folks will be paying Eddie doubles this year also along with schef and who ever is running the ball marshall if he can get his head out of his ass very well could see those numbers plus any GM worth a dam knows what he had with jay.. they will not forget that ..

Any degradation in his receiving a huge contract will be cause of his legal problems (13 arrests) and attitude..

LRtagger
08-28-2009, 09:25 AM

He is just playing the cards he is being dealt by Marshall and Bowlen IMO.

Bowlen says no to the contract and Marshall says no to the team. What exactly is McDaniels supposed to do if there are no trade offers on the table?

He has to put team first which is something Marshall is not keen on doing. I'm sorry that Marshall is upset with the team, but I'm sure McDaniels does not want to focus on it. Which is why he is sitting him out of practices.

So he had a meeting with Marshall...maybe he said "get your act together because you are not being traded"...maybe he said "you are not playing on Sunday"...maybe he said "your mom is a whore"...no matter what was said, there isn't much cause for Marshall being a bitch about it. There are three options:

1) suck it up and play for your teammates
2) suck it up and play so you can get traded
3) be a bitch and sit at home and hurt your trade value

I think option 2 is the smartest for Marshall, but I guess he doesn't think so.

CoachChaz
08-28-2009, 09:25 AM
I liked the Draft. I thought the smith pick was boneheaded, and short sighted, but Like Smith the player allot.

When Bailey goes down with a groin injury or continues to lose a step and Smith is ready to jump in with success...we'll see how many people think it was stupid.

Here's a draft tip.

The guy that WILL be able to help you tomorrow is a better value than the guy that MIGHT be able to help you today

CoachChaz
08-28-2009, 09:27 AM

McDaniels has nothing but good things to say about Marshall...and Marshall has never said anything negative about the coach. Knowing Marshall, do you really think he'd keep his mouth quiet if he had issues with McD? I doubt it.

But I understand thee is the contingence that will blame McDaniels for their premature hair loss

Poet
08-28-2009, 09:28 AM
McDaniels has nothing but good things to say about Marshall...and Marshall has never said anything negative about the coach. Knowing Marshall, do you really think he'd keep his mouth quiet if he had issues with McD? I doubt it.

But I understand thee is the contingence that will blame McDaniels for their premature hair loss

Don't put words in BroncoJoe's mouth, Coach.

Dortoh
08-28-2009, 09:32 AM
I'm going to just say it. This is McD's fault 100% his lack of experiance is costing this orgainization dearly. A more experianced coach would have not lost 2 probowl players in one offseason.

Now go ahead and let me have it :laugh:

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/7830/flamethrower5792515sj2.jpg

Northman
08-28-2009, 09:34 AM
I'm going to just say it. This is McD's fault 100% his lack of experiance is costing this orgainization dearly. A more experianced coach would have not lost 2 probowl players in one offseason.

http://img512.imageshack.us/img512/7830/flamethrower5792515sj2.jpg

Maybe the experienced coach shouldnt have gone 8-8 and lost the last 3 games of the season.

Dortoh
08-28-2009, 09:36 AM
Maybe the experienced coach shouldnt have gone 8-8 and lost the last 3 games of the season.

No doubt Shanny got himself ran out of town but that does not change the fact that McD is very green and making plenty of mistakes.

CoachChaz
08-28-2009, 09:37 AM

I understand that is an easy assessment to make, but there is so much more to it than that

Northman
08-28-2009, 09:37 AM
No doubt Shanny got himself ran out of town but that does not change the fact that McD is very green and making plenty of mistakes.

He has some blame, but the problems with Marshall and Cutler reared their ugly heads long before McD came into town my friend. McD is the only one so far with balls to stand up to them and make them accountable.

CoachChaz
08-28-2009, 09:38 AM

If looking at options to improve the team and having nothing to do with writing a check to money hungry players is being green, then yes...he is green

Poet
08-28-2009, 09:39 AM

Nothing has been proven to be a mistake.

claymore
08-28-2009, 09:39 AM
He is just playing the cards he is being dealt by Marshall and Bowlen IMO.

Bowlen says no to the contract and Marshall says no to the team. What exactly is McDaniels supposed to do if there are no trade offers on the table?

He has to put team first which is something Marshall is not keen on doing. I'm sorry that Marshall is upset with the team, but I'm sure McDaniels does not want to focus on it. Which is why he is sitting him out of practices.

So he had a meeting with Marshall...maybe he said "get your act together because you are not being traded"...maybe he said "you are not playing on Sunday"...maybe he said "your mom is a whore"...no matter what was said, there isn't much cause for Marshall being a bitch about it. There are three options:

1) suck it up and play for your teammates
2) suck it up and play so you can get traded
3) be a bitch and sit at home and hurt your trade value

I think option 2 is the smartest for Marshall, but I guess he doesn't think so.

I think the common consensus is that McD is sending the team a message. So its not a mass exodus.

None of those options help Marshall so none will happen. Trade value is important to the Broncos. Not Marshall.

If I was JMCD, i would tell him, help me help you. If you want a trade, you are not making it easy with your antics.

When Bailey goes down with a groin injury or continues to lose a step and Smith is ready to jump in with success...we'll see how many people think it was stupid.

Here's a draft tip.

The guy that WILL be able to help you tomorrow is a better value than the guy that MIGHT be able to help you today
That remains to be scene. But I do like the guy. I still think it was a boneheaded move to trade our #1.

But I understand thee is the contingence that will blame McDaniels for their premature hair lossMarshall has said there are things that were done and said that we dont know about.

I do know if he liked and respected McD he would be at practice and playing in the pre-season.

Dortoh
08-28-2009, 09:40 AM
He has some blame, but the problems with Marshall and Cutler reared their ugly heads long before McD came into town my friend. McD is the only one so far with balls to stand up to them and make them accountable.

His my shit dont stink approach to the players is going to be his undoing.

Northman
08-28-2009, 09:41 AM
His my shit dont stink approach to the players is going to be his undoing.

Maybe. But so far the only players that have/had a problem with him are guys who have serious issues of their own.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-28-2009, 09:45 AM
I am listening to Vic and Gary, and they are trying to get Jeff Legwold (sp) from the Denver Post on, as Vic just said that Jeff just broke the story that -
MARSHALL HAS JUST BEEN SUSPENDED INDEFINITELY BY THE BRONCOS
Listen on line at http://www.viclombardi.com/

Traveler
08-28-2009, 09:45 AM

Mistakes with Cutler, yes. I've yet to see anything with Marshall that should be attributed to McDaniels. Care to elaborate?

Traveler
08-28-2009, 09:46 AM
i am listening to vic and gary, and they are trying to get jeff legwold (sp) from the denver post on, as vic just said that jeff just broke the story that -
marshall has just been suspended indefinitely by the broncos
listen on line at http://www.viclombardi.com/

yes!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
08-28-2009, 09:48 AM
BREAKING NEWS - http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13222721

For his punt and other acts of misbehavior, the Broncos have given receiver Brandon Marshall the boot.

The Broncos have suspended Marshall for conduct detrimental to the team.

Marshall's apology Thursday night on ESPN was too late. The punishment stems from Marshall's shameful display of unprofessionalism during practice Wednesday. He was lackadaisical during individual running drills. He didn't run routes or catch passes during another position drill, instead choosing to hold a dummy and knocking the receivers as they came off the line.

A KMGH-7 video caught Marshall punting the ball away after one drill instead of handing it to a ball boy, as the players are told.

Marshall was held out of practice Wednesday, but that was before the Broncos were aware of the magnitude of his insubordination.

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels decided to suspend Marshall this morning. The length of the suspension is not known although Marshall is not expected to play in the Broncos' next preseason game Sunday night against the Chicago Bears and his former quarterback, Jay Cutler.

Marshall caught 206 passes the previous two seasons for the Broncos, enough production for him to request a contract extension that has one year and $2.198 million remaining. He has twice requested a trade.

Perhaps realizing the circulating video of his misconduct could all but kill his ability to get traded, Marshall went on ESPN's NFL Live show at 10:42 p.m. MST to explain his actions.

"Me punting the ball was definitely frustration," Marshall said. "It was an error in judgment. There was a lot of frustration (Wednesday) coming out of a meeting."

McDaniels would not explain the reason behind Marshall's absence from practice Thursday.

claymore
08-28-2009, 09:49 AM
This will show him!

CoachChaz
08-28-2009, 09:50 AM
TWO PLAYERS!!!

So far, only 2 players have shown any discontent for anything. One of them has recently said he thinks McD will be a good coach and help the Quarterbacks and the other has never said a bad word about McD. If a new coach comes into a team and only 2 players dont like him...that's a success.

I'll ask it again a nd maybe get an answer.

Why is it that Bailey and Dawkins and Royal and DJ and everyone else dont seem to have a problem with Josh? i really want to know.

In my job, if I ask 53 people about a client and 51 of them reccommend him...I'm all over it.

Dortoh
08-28-2009, 09:51 AM
3-15 yhea

Dortoh
08-28-2009, 09:52 AM
TWO PLAYERS!!!

So far, only 2 players have shown any discontent for anything. One of them has recently said he thinks McD will be a good coach and help the Quarterbacks and the other has never said a bad word about McD. If a new coach comes into a team and only 2 players dont like him...that's a success.

Why is it that Bailey and Dawkins and Royal and DJ and everyone else dont seem to have a problem with Josh? i really want to know.

In my job, if I ask 53 people about a client and 51 of them reccommend him...I'm all over it.

I'm sure both Champ and Dawkins are excited to lose members of the team that gave them a chance to win. Lucky for McD they are mature players that wont spew to the media.

claymore
08-28-2009, 09:55 AM
TWO PLAYERS!!!

Dawkins doesnt count. McDaniels payed him, and he is just a 2 year bandaid.

The ones that have bought into it, and are out there busting their butts will change their tune if this team has a shitty year.

CoachChaz
08-28-2009, 09:57 AM
This will show him!

Eventually...yes it will

CoachChaz
08-28-2009, 09:59 AM
I'm sure both Champ and Dawkins are excited to lose members of the team that gave them a chance to win. Lucky for McD they are mature players that wont spew to the media.

Dawkins doesnt count. McDaniels payed him, and he is just a 2 year bandaid.

The ones that have bought into it, and are out there busting their butts will change their tune if this team has a shitty year.

Probably the most cynical possible answers to the question.

Amazing

claymore
08-28-2009, 10:01 AM
Eventually...yes it will
How? You just snap out of being retarded.

Amazing

Ok, if we lose the players will stand by JMCD no matter what.

Dortoh
08-28-2009, 10:01 AM

Amazing

So you think aging vets like dawkins who is looking for a ring are happy with the way McD "took care of business" this offseason. Your kidding right?

topscribe
08-28-2009, 10:07 AM

I'll take "they've grown up" for $500, Alex . . .

-----

Ravage!!!
08-28-2009, 10:09 AM
I can't say that Marshall is handling this correctly. I know he's not. So I'm not 'blaming' McDaniels at all for the way Marshall is handling this.

The one thing that DOES bother me, is that there truly seems to be an inability of McDaniels to deal with players. We don't know whats being said behind closed doors, but I Do know that Cutler met with McDaniels and after that meeting, he was out the door and didn't want to be a bronco.

I know that Marshall met with McDaniels, and started acting like a child on the practice field (I'm not justifying this action)...saying he was 'frustrated after the meeting.'

I think, right now, that McDaniels is EXTREMEMLY arrogant. You can call Marshall and Cutler arrogant, and I couldn't say you were wrong. But the arrogance from our coach seems to be getting in the way of the communication that COULD settle things down and get players BACK on board. Right now, it seems he has a tendency to escalate the problem.

Dortoh
08-28-2009, 10:11 AM
I can't say that Marshall is handling this correctly. I know he's not. So I'm not 'blaming' McDaniels at all for the way Marshall is handling this.

The one thing that DOES bother me, is that there truly seems to be an inability of McDaniels to deal with players. We don't know whats being said behind closed doors, but I Do know that Cutler met with McDaniels and after that meeting, he was out the door and didn't want to be a bronco.

I know that Marshall met with McDaniels, and started acting like a child on the practice field...saying he was 'frustrated after the meeting.'

I think, right now, that McDaniels is EXTREMEMLY arrogant. You can call Marshall and Cutler arrogant, and I couldn't say you were wrong. But the arrogance from our coach seems to be getting in the way of the communication that COULD settle things down and get players BACK on board. Right now, it seems he has a tendency to escalate the problem.

hammer, nail, head great post

Poet
08-28-2009, 10:16 AM
Most of the McDaniel haters are morons. I'm just being honest.

You know what, people want to blame someone for Marshall and his actions, BLAME THE IDIOT HIMSELF.

/thread.

All McDaniel haters may now **** and keep their retarded opinions to themself.

The End.

Forever.

Dortoh
08-28-2009, 10:17 AM
Most of the McDaniel haters are morons. I'm just being honest.

You know what, people want to blame someone for Marshall and his actions, BLAME THE IDIOT HIMSELF.

/thread.

All McDaniel haters may now **** and keep their retarded opinions to themself.

The End.

Forever.

You need more fiber King :laugh:

Ravage!!!
08-28-2009, 10:30 AM
I'll take "they've grown up" for $500, Alex . . .

-----

That may be true. Can't deny that. But 31 other coaches around the NFL, as well as those that have been coaches prior to McDaniels, have had to deal with immature, arrogant, millionaire kids before. Its not something new to the Broncos.

This to me feels like a situation where a young kid is named the store manager, and because he's a young kid, throws his weight around to try and DEMAND respect. Something, SOMETHING, in his communication skills isn't working.

I think McDaniels is trying SO hard to be just like Belicheck, that its not working. Belicheck was in the NFL a LOT LOT longer, and had established himself as one of the greatest defensive minds before even taking a HC job. He was already older, a veteran coach, with clout. McDaniels just needs to realize that he can't be a Belicheck clone and have people treat him the same as they do Bill.

Poet
08-28-2009, 10:33 AM
You need more fiber King :laugh:

You need a beer, sir.

Poet
08-28-2009, 10:37 AM
That may be true. Can't deny that. But 31 other coaches around the NFL, as well as those that have been coaches prior to McDaniels, have had to deal with immature, arrogant, millionaire kids before. Its not something new to the Broncos.

This to me feels like a situation where a young kid is named the store manager, and because he's a young kid, throws his weight around to try and DEMAND respect. Something, SOMETHING, in his communication skills isn't working.

I think McDaniels is trying SO hard to be just like Belicheck, that its not working. Belicheck was in the NFL a LOT LOT longer, and had established himself as one of the greatest defensive minds before even taking a HC job. He was already older, a veteran coach, with clout. McDaniels just needs to realize that he can't be a Belicheck clone and have people treat him the same as they do Bill.

Hold on, McDaniels is at fault because........you think he's trying to be BB?

Then somehow Jay Cutler goes "Screw BB, I'm more of a Bill Walsh man myself," and Brandon Marshall basically shits all over himself because he's a stupid individual who would be flipping burgers if he wasn't a physical freak?

Somehow two players who were NEVER known for being remotely mature and wanted new contracts get disgruntled and the next thing you know one forces a trade and the other one thinks that his agent is somehow going to do the impossible and get him out of Denver when Boldin, McCardell, Chad Johnson and Julius Pepper's agents have all failed.

I swear to god, how some of you people haven't been hit by a car is beyond me.

Northman
08-28-2009, 10:38 AM

Got that right. And either they are traded, fix their issues, or are out of the league.

topscribe
08-28-2009, 10:49 AM

Rav, McDaniels has been around coaches all his life. He talks about being out
there with his dad, who was a high school coach, at the age of five. His
essential experience far surpasses that of the usual 30-something coach. I
doubt seriously that Belichick is McDaniels' sole model.

I'm not discounting entirely what you say. However, from what I've seen of
Cutler and Marshall, I don't necessarily attribute that to McDaniels, either.

-----

Ravage!!!
08-28-2009, 12:00 PM
Rav, McDaniels has been around coaches all his life. He talks about being out
there with his dad, who was a high school coach, at the age of five. His
essential experience far surpasses that of the usual 30-something coach. I
doubt seriously that Belichick is McDaniels' sole model.

I'm not discounting entirely what you say. However, from what I've seen of
Cutler and Marshall, I don't necessarily attribute that to McDaniels, either.

-----

I think we can say the same kind of experience for almost every NFL coach/assistant in the NFL. Being around a HS coach doesn't mean he's all that much more experienced...and that very well may be his problem. He may think he can be the same authoritarian figure that a HS coach is to his players.

He's 32. He doesn't have the experience of being THE guy at all. Right now, he's having a terrible time communicating with his players, and the fact that every team in the NFL has the same type of players... yet you don't see TWO of your best wanting out.... tells me that he is lacking in some communication skills.

I find him arrogant. Thats fine,a s long as you are approachable, and able to talk things out/work things out with your players. He hasn't shown that ability at ALLLLL yet.

Again. I'm not saying that Cutler and Marshall didn't act immature. But I think McDaniels is immature. I'm not saying that Cutler and Marshall aren't arrogant and cocky... but so is McDaniels. Those are all FINE attributes to have in a competitor (arrogant and cocky). But I don't want my coach to be acting the same manner as his players... immature and arrogant. I haven't seen that ability from him yet... at all. Not yet.

I DO think he's trying to be just like Belcheck.. right down to him wearing the hoodie on the sidelines (yes yes.. he stated afterwards it was his 'hommage' to bill). We see it with the way he talks to the media, and the way he lies about everything. I can't take a single word he says seriously, because I honestly believe he lies about EVERYTHING, and has from moment one. Its not like "m the only one that has said this or seen this. If I'm not the only one, maybe the players see it too? I don't know, but I'm seeing this team being dismantled of its best players... the VERY players that were the only thing that made this team fun/exciting to watch.

Ravage!!!
08-28-2009, 12:02 PM
I swear to god, how some of you people haven't been hit by a car is beyond me.

and I just LOVE the "if you don't see things my way, you must be dumber than mud" approach. How wonderful it must be for you to think that you are so effing smarter than the rest of the world when they don't think YOUR opinion of topics is the ONLY opinion to take.

:rolleyes:

CoachChaz
08-28-2009, 12:06 PM
I gotta be honest, I cant say that I've ever seen someone dissect the persona, personality and intent of a human being they have never met or spoken to in their life the way Ravage is able to do this with McDaniels. It's either lunacy or brilliance.

Ravage!!!
08-28-2009, 12:07 PM
I gotta be honest, I cant say that I've ever seen someone dissect the persona, personality and intent of a human being they have never met or spoken to in their life the way Ravage is able to do this with McDaniels. It's either lunacy or brilliance.

I see you do it EVERY day on Cutler or Marshall.. .. EVERY DAY. I don't see how you can't possibly not see your own hypocrisy.

CoachChaz
08-28-2009, 12:07 PM
Got that right. And either they are traded, fix their issues, or are out of the league.

I'll politely ask you to cease using common sense

topscribe
08-28-2009, 12:08 PM
I think we can say the same kind of experience for almost every NFL coach/assistant in the NFL. Being around a HS coach doesn't mean he's all that much more experienced...and that very well may be his problem. He may think he can be the same authoritarian figure that a HS coach is to his players.

He's 32. He doesn't have the experience of being THE guy at all. Right now, he's having a terrible time communicating with his players, and the fact that every team in the NFL has the same type of players... yet you don't see TWO of your best wanting out.... tells me that he is lacking in some communication skills.

I find him arrogant. Thats fine,a s long as you are approachable, and able to talk things out/work things out with your players. He hasn't shown that ability at ALLLLL yet.

Again. I'm not saying that Cutler and Marshall didn't act immature. But I think McDaniels is immature. I'm not saying that Cutler and Marshall aren't arrogant and cocky... but so is McDaniels. Those are all FINE attributes to have in a competitor (arrogant and cocky). But I don't want my coach to be acting the same manner as his players... immature and arrogant. I haven't seen that ability from him yet... at all. Not yet.

I DO think he's trying to be just like Belcheck.. right down to him wearing the hoodie on the sidelines (yes yes.. he stated afterwards it was his 'hommage' to bill). We see it with the way he talks to the media, and the way he lies about everything. I can't take a single word he says seriously, because I honestly believe he lies about EVERYTHING, and has from moment one. Its not like "m the only one that has said this or seen this. If I'm not the only one, maybe the players see it too? I don't know, but I'm seeing this team being dismantled of its best players... the VERY players that were the only thing that made this team fun/exciting to watch.

You are taking a whole lot of conjectures, speculations, and what-ifs and
trying to turn them into facts. The fact is, if Marshall had plopped down in the
middle of the field and started screaming and kicking like a two-year-old
toddler, he would not have shown much more immaturity than he has.

The issue is not McDaniels' experience or speculating as to how he has
communicated with the rest of the team. The issue is Marshall and how he
came to his suspension. That is on Marshall. He is a grown man. The issue is
not what made him do it. The issue is that he chose to do it. He didn't have
to make that choice. Assuming his IQ can be counted on more than ten
fingers, he could have understood what Bowlen said in the first place: Play
out your contract, and if you are as good as you think you are, you will get
a handsome contract.

-----

CoachChaz
08-28-2009, 12:12 PM
I see you do it EVERY day on Cutler or Marshall.. .. EVERY DAY. I don't see how you can't possibly not see your own hypocrisy.

What you see from me every day is admit that like you...I know nothing about what happens behind the scenes.

When I see a player demand a trade, act like a child, complain about sand in their clit and so on and so on...and then see the coach and and organization treat the situation professionally, common sense kicks in and I make an assessment. I have no clue if McD, Cutler, marshall or anyone are sane, rational people or if they enjoy playing with Lincoln Logs in the nude when the power goes out. But here's a news flash...NIETHER DO YOU!!! So to attempt to crawl inside someone's head and give a disertation on their peronality when you've never met them is ludicrous.

Accuse me of doing it if you makes you feel better. I prefer knowing better

CoachChaz
08-28-2009, 12:12 PM
trying to turn them into facts. The fact is, if Marshall had plopped down in the

a handsome contract.

-----

Apparently everyone that disagrees with him does the same thing.

Day1BroncoFan
08-28-2009, 12:18 PM
Some people just don't want to be talked to. That's why divorces happen one of the people don't want to reconcile with the other. I think Marshall is filing for divorce and he don't want to be talked to. He is doing the only thing his immature little brain can think of to get out of his contract and it backfired. He went on TV and appologized and even admitted he was wrong. This is fact not conjecture.

What have any of you heard that McD said that caused this? I'm not saying McD didn't have a part but am just asking when and what did you hear that McD caused this or are you just assuming he did something.

Ravage!!!
08-28-2009, 12:25 PM
I honestly will not disagree with you one bit on this. I think Marshall has acted completely foolishly, and has either gotten some very very poor advice from his agent/advisors, or is doing everything he can to just get out of Denver (or both).

a handsome contract.

-----

Again.. I'm not disagreeing with most of this. I DO see McDaniels as being immature, and I saw that early on with the Cutler fiasco. It showed me a coach that thought he could pull a trade without 'anyone knowing'... and when it blew up in his face, he denied.

I was completely on board with this signing of McDaniels, but its been his inability to diffuse these problems that has me wondering. I'm not saying that the players themselves weren't a big ingredient in CAUSING these issues, but I do expect a coach/GM (especially one with as much power as he's been given) to deal with it and handle it, and DIFFUSE it before it gets to THESE points. If this was just one isolated occurance, we could simply have the player-vs-coach argument and call Cutler a baby..blah blah blah. But now its two players. Now its TWO problems in the same offseason that instead of digressing as the offseason continues, its progressing.

We could say that its purely on the players. I'm not wiling to put the blame ENTIRELY on the players...as I'm not saying its PURELY the coach. I'm saying that ALL coaches in the NFL have to deal with arrogant, young, immature millionaires...and I would hope that our HC is mature enough to nip this in the bud before it has gotten to THIS point. Considering we've had TWO of them happen, and neither have been handled.... we either have to admit that our coach (as of right now) is NOT good at handling these players and has a communication problem. OR....we believe that this situation is just a rarity that has never happened before in the NFL and we just happen to see two star players basically force themselves out of the team without wanting to reconcile.

Again.. I'm not.. NOT... saying that Marshall in ANY way is not acting immature and is completely out of line with some of his behavior.... I DO know that. I do know that sometimes you have a player on team that can not be dealt with, no matter what you do. But at the same time, I do believe the Cutler situation was handled poorly (we certainly have had enough of that discussion)..and believe that there is some residual effects from that, that have effected both the player and the coach in the Marshall situation.

I don't believe trying to embarrass Marshall and putting him on the practice squad is how you handle grown men (even when they are immature men, they still have the egos of an adult man). I think that causes resentment, and is something I consider to be an immature move. But that doesn't mean I believe Marshall has been the one in the 'right.' I just think that McDaniels has shown ME (and some others) that he doesn't have the maturity and communication skills that we would normally EXPECT to see in a HC.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-28-2009, 12:33 PM
I don't believe trying to embarrass Marshall and putting him on the practice squad is how you handle grown men (even when they are immature men, they still have the egos of an adult man). I think that causes resentment, and is something I consider to be an immature move. But that doesn't mean I believe Marshall has been the one in the 'right.' I just think that McDaniels has shown ME (and some others) that he doesn't have the maturity and communication skills that we would normally EXPECT to see in a HC.

Marshall himself had stated he isn't familiar with the offense as well as he should be. McDaniels placement of Marshall on the Scout Team is him utilizing all resources necessary to get those who are preparing for the pre-season and regular season in shape and order to do so. What good is it to have Brandon Marshall out there on the practice field when he doesn't know the plays the offense is running in the first place? Coach's decision to do this has nothing to do with embarrassing Marshall. Brandon has done that enough by himself.

Dreadnought
08-28-2009, 12:34 PM
Rav - while I would agree the Broncos totally blew it with Cutler (and I know others disagree) this case is far more clear cut. BMarsh is simply an A-hole. Thats it. Really simple. We as fans didn't want to face that fact, but its here. Vince Lombardi returned from the Great Beyond couldn't have worked with this tool. Parcells couldn't have. Nobody can - and I have to and will give McD a pass on this one. He was fresh out of good options.

LRtagger
08-28-2009, 02:36 PM
I think the common consensus is that McD is sending the team a message. So its not a mass exodus.

None of those options help Marshall so none will happen. Trade value is important to the Broncos. Not Marshall.

Trade value should be very important to Marshall...without value there will be no trade. Without a trade, Marshall is stuck where he does not want to be.

DonnellWoolford
08-28-2009, 03:43 PM
the odd thing is that he (and the rest of the team) has never played in this system with this qb,so who knows what is possible.
he has'nt seen enough practice to make a reasonable assesment of what he might produce....but reason has not been a strong point for the young man thus far.
anyway congrats on getting what should be the best qb in chitown for a long while....and i hope you guys have a good season...not great but good !:D

Thanks. Im pretty pumped for this season, especially since my White Sox are fading fast... :( Good luck to the Broncos too..