PDA

View Full Version : Android question

CoachChaz
03-20-2013, 10:44 AM
Do I have to vreate a playlist on a music player if I want to listen to a compilation file? I will sometimes put compilations together on my computer and transfer the file to my phone, but the music player wont just play the file...it breaks it down by artist, song or album only. Is there a better music player that will do this or am I stuck putting together playlists all day on my phone?

NightTerror218
03-20-2013, 11:03 AM
Do I have to vreate a playlist on a music player if I want to listen to a compilation file? I will sometimes put compilations together on my computer and transfer the file to my phone, but the music player wont just play the file...it breaks it down by artist, song or album only. Is there a better music player that will do this or am I stuck putting together playlists all day on my phone?

I think you will have to make a playlist if you want to listen to that specific compilation. You can go to song and select a song and it will play all the songs you have.

Davii
03-20-2013, 11:08 AM
Google Play Music allows you to do set lists in that manner and they will show on elk your devices after a sync.

What music player are you using on your PC? It might have an android app to.

CoachChaz
03-20-2013, 11:43 AM
Google Play Music allows you to do set lists in that manner and they will show on elk your devices after a sync.

What music player are you using on your PC? It might have an android app to.

I dont listen to much on the PC. Pretty much everything is on the phone. I have Google Play Music and I tried to create a playlist...but The Polish must have kicked in and it wouldnt work for me.

Davii
03-20-2013, 11:48 AM
I dont listen to much on the PC. Pretty much everything is on the phone. I have Google Play Music and I tried to create a playlist...but The Polish must have kicked in and it wouldnt work for me.

I'll try and find some instructions for you. FYI - elk don't use Google play. That was a typo.

BroncoJoe
03-20-2013, 11:50 AM
I use PowerAmp. It's descent - and you can create playlists. I think I paid $1.99 for it.

Google Music will only work if you have a WiFi connection, or you're using your data plan.

CoachChaz
03-20-2013, 11:51 AM
I have this other player on my phone that I just noticed (I guess it's either the Samsung app or a Note 2 app) and oddly enough...I see it has an option to play music by the file. I guess I found my answer.

CoachChaz
03-20-2013, 11:54 AM
I use PowerAmp. It's descent - and you can create playlists. I think I paid $1.99 for it.

Google Music will only work if you have a WiFi connection, or you're using your data plan.

I guess I'm lazy and dont want to have to create playlists on my phone. I usually make compilations on my PC before I load it to my phone. The music app I had on my old phone would automatically give you the option to play them, but the Google Play app is the default player on this new one and it wont do that. But it looks like the actual Samsung app does.

BeefStew25
03-20-2013, 12:27 PM
Have you thought about using iTunes?

:behindsofa:

Thnikkaman
03-20-2013, 12:57 PM

Wrong.

You can tell Google Music to put your tracks on your phone, and then chose to play them offline if you would like.

BroncoJoe
03-20-2013, 12:57 PM

:popcorn:

Thnikkaman
03-20-2013, 01:03 PM
Chaz, the unfortunate thing about Google Play is that you do have to have your music on the cloud in order for you to create playlists on your PC for your phone.

You can use the google play uploader however to just point it at the folder containing your songs on your computer, and it will automatically upload them (sync them to the cloud for you).

You can then go to play.google.com, and add music to a playlist as shown here:

Then on your phone, you can get into the playlist menu, click the menu arrow (the triangle on the bottom right of the playlist name -- I can't create a screenshot with the menu open for you), and select keep on device. It will download all the songs to your phone so you don't have to be online to listen to them.

Thnikkaman
03-20-2013, 01:04 PM

That's a requirement for enjoying sodomy right? My little brother swears by iTunes.

BroncoJoe
03-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Wrong.

You can tell Google Music to put your tracks on your phone, and then chose to play them offline if you would like.

Obviously, but that is not the core competency of Google music.

Thnikkaman
03-20-2013, 01:42 PM
Obviously, but that is not the core competency of Google music.

I was going to say something, but then I realized who I was going to have an argument with.

BroncoJoe
03-20-2013, 02:48 PM
I was going to say something, but then I realized who I was going to have an argument with.

Why? Because you are "so much smarter" than me? You having the ability to write code does not make you any more technically sound, thnik.

Google music was intended to be a cloud based application for saving and playing your music. Of course you can download the songs to your phone and/or mp3 player, but that was not the intention of the app.

CoachChaz
03-20-2013, 02:52 PM
I dont know that I have the desire to screw around with Google Play and putting shit on the cloud. I just transfer the music I steal straight from my PC file to my phone.

Thnikkaman
03-20-2013, 02:58 PM
Why? Because you are "so much smarter" than me? You having the ability to write code does not make you any more technically sound, thnik.

Google music was intended to be a cloud based application for saving and playing your music. Of course you can download the songs to your phone and/or mp3 player, but that was not the intention of the app.

Joe, this is the exact reason I posted what I did. I knew it would get your panties in a bunch.

Just like Microsoft and Windows Media player, Google want's to have their music player coupled with their service. I agree that the purview of the google play music application is to have your music stored on the cloud to allow users with limited memory phones to not have to store their music on their phone. But it can be used offline.

I don't want to have an argument with you in reality because there is nothing to argue about. Unless you want to say that iTunes is superior, and in that case, you will be labeled as food and I no longer want anything to do with you.

NightTerror218
03-20-2013, 02:59 PM
I dont know that I have the desire to screw around with Google Play and putting shit on the cloud. I just transfer the music I steal straight from my PC file to my phone.

only reason I use it so that I can access music on all my android devices and after I change phones.

BroncoJoe
03-20-2013, 02:59 PM
iTunes blows.

CoachChaz
03-20-2013, 03:01 PM
only reason I use it so that I can access music on all my android devices and after I change phones.

I keep all my stuff on a memory card, so I just pop that into the new phone.

NightTerror218
03-20-2013, 04:49 PM
I keep all my stuff on a memory card, so I just pop that into the new phone.

my tablet does not have memory card but my phone do.

Davii
03-21-2013, 09:31 AM
I use Google Play simply because I have my music available across all my devices all the time. Plus I can manage them from anywhere by going to the website. If I download a song on my tablet it shows on my phone.

GEM
03-21-2013, 10:40 AM

I thought the same thing with my phone, but then hit the shuffle button and it goes through all the songs, not in any order I want, but still plays all of them.

CoachChaz
03-21-2013, 11:28 AM
I thought the same thing with my phone, but then hit the shuffle button and it goes through all the songs, not in any order I want, but still plays all of them.

Yeah, I was trying to get a specific file to play that had a compilation in it and couldnt do it without creating a playlist. Problem is...I have about 20 gig of music on my phone and I dont feel like going through every file to find the songs for the playlist