PDA

View Full Version : Defensive Line Free Agents

Deuce52
03-19-2013, 02:29 PM
Does anybody know what other Defensive Linemen we are looking at since we might possibly lose Dumervil?

It looks like there is a guy named John Chick that is a free agent from the Jacksonville Jaguars. Him and Dumervil have very similar styles, they both can play D-End or even play outside linebacker if needed. I did a little research and John Chick was the CFL's Defensive Player of the Year in 09'. We would probably even get him on the cheap and it would add depth to our line!

Just a thought. Let me know what you think.

Best,

Deuce

Ravage!!!
03-19-2013, 02:31 PM
ok... since this is your first post.. I"m going to say hello, and Welcome to the boards, Mr. Chick!

CoachChaz
03-19-2013, 02:33 PM
That was a whole lot nicer than what I was thinking

NightTerror218
03-19-2013, 02:43 PM
I think they will get Freeney and draft a DE high in the draft.

Dapper Dan
03-19-2013, 02:47 PM
I think we will just get Doom back.

DenBronx
03-19-2013, 03:06 PM
Try checking other threads.

Lancane
03-19-2013, 03:32 PM

You deserved to be smacked for even thinking such things! :D

Northman
03-19-2013, 03:34 PM
He may be right though at this stage.

Lancane
03-19-2013, 03:41 PM
Does anybody know what other Defensive Linemen we are looking at since we might possibly lose Dumervil?

It looks like there is a guy named John Chick that is a free agent from the Jacksonville Jaguars. Him and Dumervil have very similar styles, they both can play D-End or even play outside linebacker if needed. I did a little research and John Chick was the CFL's Defensive Player of the Year in 09'. We would probably even get him on the cheap and it would add depth to our line!

Just a thought. Let me know what you think.

Best,

Deuce

Well Deuce, welcome to the boards. As to John Chick, he's never really done much of anything to warrant the Broncos to look at him, he's 30 years old and has never spent more then two seasons with any one team and his stats are pretty much garbage to boot. I know that he's an inspirational leader of sorts, but Denver has plenty of leadership, they need an effective pass rusher to boost the defensive front.

NightTerror218
03-19-2013, 03:59 PM
You deserved to be smacked for even thinking such things! :D

that is the way the cards are falling if we do not get Doom back.

SoCalImport
03-19-2013, 04:09 PM
what. not one high five for the guy? I salute you Mr.Chick for almost making me look up John Chick...almost. Now be honest....He's your cousin or something, isn't he..

Welcome to the boards

Dapper Dan
03-19-2013, 04:35 PM
That seems like a sucky last name to have.

TXBRONC
03-19-2013, 05:13 PM

If this deal with Dumervil falls apart then that very well might be the direction but as right now I think Denver will re-sign him.

SR
03-19-2013, 05:55 PM
Try checking other threads.

Or ESPN.com or NFL.com.

Dapper Dan
03-19-2013, 06:51 PM
Sees random Broncos fan in person.
Asks Broncos fan a question.
Broncos fan replies, "I don't know, check ESPN." and walks away.

SR
03-19-2013, 06:58 PM
Sees random Broncos fan in person.
Asks Broncos fan a question.
Broncos fan replies, "I don't know, check ESPN." and walks away.

Different scenario. Random bronco fan poster is ON THE INTERNET...much easier to spend five minutes on ESPN.com or NFL.com than it is registering, posting, and never coming back to read the posts.

Dapper Dan
03-19-2013, 07:02 PM
Different scenario. Random bronco fan poster is ON THE INTERNET...much easier to spend five minutes on ESPN.com or NFL.com than it is registering, posting, and never coming back to read the posts.

God forbid he ask fellow Broncos fans what they think.

He post about 4 or so hours ago. But I doubt he will come back. To most people who first come onto the board every seems like as ass.

SR
03-19-2013, 07:04 PM
God forbid he ask fellow Broncos fans what they think.

He post about 4 or so hours ago. But I doubt he will come back. To most people who first come onto the board every seems like as ass.

Asking an opinion of a player isn't a crime. But I don't like seeing questions asking what FA DL guys are still around. Go look.

LTC Pain
03-19-2013, 07:45 PM
Re-sign Doom and draft a DE in the draft :)

Deuce52
03-20-2013, 09:54 AM
Hey everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome to the boards! lol (yeah right)!! I just saw John Chick, among others receive the Ed Block award earlier this week and it got me thinking about Defensive Ends and if we will get to keep DOOM!! (hopefully we do!)

You're right, Chick's stats have never been the best but I know he's fast as hell and could probably cause some havoc on the QB, even if he's just a situational player....just sayin!

Thanks again everyone for your "chippyness" towards me!!lol...Go Broncos!!

(ps: the reason why I didn't respond so fast is because I have a job that monitors my websites/time on them...haha)

Deuce52
03-20-2013, 02:12 PM
Thanks for the welcome! I completely understand where you're coming from as well. Just an idea to add depth / universal players to our D Line!

Go Broncos!

Ziggy
03-20-2013, 02:26 PM
I like this guy. He's like a chipper Bill Devaroe.

Dzone
03-20-2013, 02:33 PM
Who is John Chick? Who is John Galt?

Lancane
03-20-2013, 03:10 PM
Who is John Chick? Who is John Galt?

John Chick is a 30 year old veteran UDFA from Jacksonville, he's a high character defensive end/linebacker hybrid, but he really is nothing more then camp fodder talent wise.

As to John Galt, I believe it might refer to the fictional character from the literary classic Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand which was written in the late 50's.