OaklandRaider
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3218/2413514163_6c223e687b.jpg

Thnikkaman
http://images.military.com/pics/cw-29-1236a.gif

OaklandRaider
08-27-2009, 11:31 AM
I don't consider what I do in here to be "smack"

I consider it to be "Fact"

I'm not talking smack, I'm talking facts. Thnikkaman tries to be all cute and tries to make his fellow Bronco fans laugh by making weak ass analogies and ish. I bring facts to the table, I'm not trying to make you laugh. I'm trying to make people understand.

T.K.O.
08-27-2009, 11:37 AM
I don't consider what I do in here to be "smack"...and neither do we
I consider it to be "Fact" ... good for you,glad someone does

, I'm not trying to make you laugh. I'm trying to make people understand.

well were trying to make you understand,you make us laugh.
someone who thinks the raiders have the most talented roster in the nfl should either be laughed at or put in a room with no sharp objects....which will it be....kid;)

Day1BroncoFan
08-27-2009, 11:41 AM

I'm not talking smack, I'm talking facts. Thnikkaman tries to be all cute and tries to make his fellow Bronco fans laugh by making weak ass analogies and ish. I bring facts to the table, I'm not trying to make you laugh. I'm trying to make people understand.

You misrepresent the facts. The fact is that Gannon having one good year doesn't make him better than Elway.

If you look at career standings Elway is way ahead of Gannon on every level.

Elway is in the top ten in almost every category and Gannon is maybe in the top fifty in some.

So don't come in here preaching about Gannon being better than Elway and talk about how you're stating facts when you are conveniently missing most of the information.

OaklandRaider
08-27-2009, 11:44 AM
You misrepresent the facts. The fact is that Gannon having one good year doesn't make him better than Elway.

If you look at career standings Elway is way ahead of Gannon on every level.

Elway is in the top ten in almost every category and Gannon is maybe in the top fifty in some.

So don't come in here preaching about Gannon being better than Elway and talk about how you're stating facts when you are conveniently missing most of the information.

Did I say that Gannon was a better QB overall career wise than Elway? No.

But in 2002, Gannon had a better year than any year Elway has ever had in his entire career.

That's not debatable.

OaklandRaider
08-27-2009, 11:46 AM
well were trying to make you understand,you make us laugh.
someone who thinks the raiders have the most talented roster in the nfl should either be laughed at or put in a room with no sharp objects....which will it be....kid;)

Talent wise? Yes the Raiders do probably have the most talented roster in the NFL right now.

That's all the Raiders draft is talent. But talent does not equal wins. I am confident that with the right coaching, the Raiders will win this year. But they have the talent, no question.

topscribe
08-27-2009, 11:47 AM

You don't have very high standards, do you? :coffee:

-----

Day1BroncoFan
08-27-2009, 11:47 AM
Talent wise? Yes the Raiders do probably have the most talented roster in the NFL right now.

That's all the Raiders draft is talent. But talent does not equal wins. I am confident that with the right coaching, the Raiders will win this year. But they have the talent, no question.

Still losers, talent or not.

Day1BroncoFan
08-27-2009, 11:48 AM
John Elway Career AV: 138 (14th overall since 1950)

Rich Gannon Career AV: 99 (145th overall since 1950)

girler
08-27-2009, 12:23 PM

Nice codicil. You're already rationalizing away why all your "talent" is going to loose again this year. :rolleyes:

T.K.O.
08-27-2009, 12:28 PM
That's all the Raiders draft is talent. .

well it kinda helps when you draft in the top 5 every year....(by the way,thats not a good thing....pass it on to al davis):listen:

Day1BroncoFan
08-27-2009, 12:35 PM
I have said it before and every year the raiders prove it to be true.

The raiders are the black hole of the NFL, they keep drafting all kinds of talent. Once it gets there it disappears into the black hole never to be seen again. Once in a great while some talent might emerge but it is always in a far away galaxy and wearing a different uniform.

MasterShake
08-27-2009, 01:23 PM

But in 2002, Gannon had a better year than any year Elway has ever had in his entire career.

That's not debatable.

Yeah! That was the year he won the superbow.... ohh, sorry bout that!

Thnikkaman
08-27-2009, 01:27 PM

I don't think you know what that word means.

http://www.filmdope.com/Gallery/ActorsA/397-15223.gif

Thnikkaman
08-27-2009, 01:31 PM
fact
* Main Entry: fact
* Pronunciation: \ˈfakt\
* Function: noun
* Etymology: Latin factum, from neuter of factus, past participle of facere
* Date: 15th century

1 : a thing done: as a obsolete : feat b : crime <accessory after the fact> c archaic : action
2 archaic : performance, doing
3 : the quality of being actual : actuality <a question of fact hinges on evidence>
4 a : something that has actual existence <space exploration is now a fact> b : an actual occurrence <prove the fact of damage>
5 : a piece of information presented as having objective reality

Dortoh
08-27-2009, 01:44 PM

http://i32.tinypic.com/fnapz.jpg

Thnikkaman
08-27-2009, 01:47 PM
Futhermore OaklandRaider rarely do you provide evidence to back up your "facts".

When you talk about how well Jamarcus Russell will be, that's speculation. A good Hypotheses (an educated guess) is that he is gong to be a bust based on the fact that he isn't dedicated to keeping his body in football shape.

When you compare Rich Gannon's best season to John Elway's career, what you are doing is cooking the stats. If you want to say Gannon was better than Elway, you have to look at their careers as a whole. Fact: Elway won more games than Gannon. Fact: Gannon had a better career QB rating than Elway. Fact: Elway is a champion, Gannon is not.

Now you can throw something commonly known as your opinion in there and say that Elway rode on the back of Davis. Elway also played the end of the 98 season with cracked ribs. (That part is a fact by the way). I have also compared Nmandi's (or however you spell his name) careers with Champ Bailey and have proven to you that up to this point, Nmandi is not as good as Champ, and that he still has a way to go to get to Champ's status. I won't deny that Nmandi is good. I can speculate that he won't be in Oakland for his whole career. I'm sure he is going to want to win, and with Oakland's current track record, that is not the place to be.

Sure I like my clever analogies. It makes this fun. I know what fun is. You like to pound your head into a brick wall. For me, that's not fun. Give me a call when you become a big boy and your balls drop, and we can spar again.

Sure the Raiders overall have more championships than Denver. I can accept that as fact. Here is another fact. The Raiders haven't won a championship in my lifetime.

Day1BroncoFan
08-27-2009, 01:54 PM
If you want to take stats out of context to make a point (but why) then the Broncos are the hands down winners because of a 14 win season (1998) compared to the raiders having a best of 13 wins in a season.

MOtorboat
08-27-2009, 02:02 PM

:pound:

Midnight Blue
08-27-2009, 02:30 PM

No... what you're offering is spin... and cherry-picked stats in the effort to support a debate position that is patently false.

Midnight Blue
08-27-2009, 02:32 PM

That's not debatable.

Someone has told you before that football is a team sport, right?

T.K.O.
08-27-2009, 03:24 PM
fact:jamarcus russell tripped over his own feet and sacked himself on a third down week 2 of the preseason.

fact: orton did'nt

fact:orton>russell
:D

GEM
08-27-2009, 05:07 PM

That's not debatable.

What makes a QB a legend is 15 seasons, not 1.

:coffee:

OaklandRaider
08-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Yeah! That was the year he won the superbow.... ohh, sorry bout that!

John Elway was basically relegated to being a game manager when you guys won the superbowl.

Rich Gannon was a leader.

MOtorboat
08-27-2009, 08:19 PM
John Elway was basically relegated to being a game manager when you guys won the superbowl.

You are ******* moron.

Ja69mTbL388

That, seriously, is the most ******* stupid thing you have ever said. Seriously, you are an absolute complete ******* idiotic piece of shit when it comes to evaluating talent.

Truth, huh. You said that you speak the truth.

Well, if this is the truth you're talking about you are the dumbest person on the face of the planet, and calling you an "idiot" is a complement.

OaklandRaider
08-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Futhermore OaklandRaider rarely do you provide evidence to back up your "facts".

When you talk about how well Jamarcus Russell will be, that's speculation. A good Hypotheses (an educated guess) is that he is gong to be a bust based on the fact that he isn't dedicated to keeping his body in football shape.

Don't believe what the media tells you. Russell is dedicated and is a leader.

When you compare Rich Gannon's best season to John Elway's career, what you are doing is cooking the stats. If you want to say Gannon was better than Elway, you have to look at their careers as a whole. Fact: Elway won more games than Gannon. Fact: Gannon had a better career QB rating than Elway. Fact: Elway is a champion, Gannon is not.

Never once have I said that Gannon was an overall better QB than Elway. I did say that his best season PWNED any season John Elway has ever had.

Every meaningful stats that they measure QB's by, Gannon wins by a considerable amount. It's not even debatable.

But since Elway is the only great player youre pathetic franchise has ever had, Bronco fans try to defend Elway when the stats prove what I said to be true.

Now you can throw something commonly known as your opinion in there and say that Elway rode on the back of Davis. Elway also played the end of the 98 season with cracked ribs. (That part is a fact by the way). I have also compared Nmandi's (or however you spell his name) careers with Champ Bailey and have proven to you that up to this point, Nmandi is not as good as Champ, and that he still has a way to go to get to Champ's status. I won't deny that Nmandi is good. I can speculate that he won't be in Oakland for his whole career. I'm sure he is going to want to win, and with Oakland's current track record, that is not the place to be.

Uneducated football fans like you look at stats to judge cornerbacks. Ints, tackles.

What you don't realize is that Nnamdi is currently having probably the greatest four stretch by any cornerback in NFL history. He is being thrown at less than anybody in NFL history.

Four years in a row, Nnamdi has given up less catches, yards and touchdowns than Champ Bailey has.

Sure I like my lame ass analogies. It makes this fun. I know what fun is. You like to pound your head into a brick wall. For me, that's not fun. Give me a call when you become a big boy and your balls drop, and we can spar again.

Edited for accuracy.

Benetto
08-27-2009, 08:27 PM

You are a complete and utter joke...

Get a life more-on.

OaklandRaider
08-27-2009, 08:29 PM
You are ******* moron.

Ja69mTbL388

That, seriously, is the most ******* stupid thing you have ever said. Seriously, you are an absolute complete ******* idiotic piece of shit when it comes to evaluating talent.

Truth, huh. You said that you speak the truth.

Well, if this is the truth you're talking about you are the dumbest person on the face of the planet, and calling you an "idiot" is a complement.

OH MI GODZ!

ELWAY DID A TWISTING FLIP IN AIRRR! He must be the GOAT now that you just posted that video.

Thanks for posting that, MB. I have now change my whole outlook on Elway and now that you posting that video.

MOtorboat
Uneducated football fans

Seriously? I mean, are you ******* serious?

You just said that Gannon was a better leader than Elway and then you called Bennetto uneducated.

You are absolutely the dumbest ******* person alive if you believe what you are posting.

Gee guys, I really what he adds to the site...lol...

Seriously, can we get rid of this ******* idiot?

MOtorboat
OH MI GODZ!

ELWAY DID A TWISTING FLIP IN AIRRR! He must be the GOAT now that you just posted that video.

Thanks for posting that, MB. I have now change my whole outlook on Elway and now that you posting that video.

You're a piece of shit.

How's that for you?

OaklandRaider
08-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Seriously? I mean, are you ******* serious?

You just said that Gannon was a better leader than Elway and then you called Bennetto uneducated.

You are absolutely the dumbest ******* person alive if you believe what you are posting.

:lol:

Rich Gannon COMMANDED the Raiders offense. John Elway in his best days, MANAGED the Broncos offense.

That's just the truth.

Seriously, can we get rid of this ******* idiot?

MB crying trying to get me banned. Where have we seen this before? :lol:

Do you see any rules being a broken? I don't.

Sorry that I think your boy Elway is overrated. :coffee:

Benetto
08-27-2009, 08:38 PM

Rich Gannon COMMANDED the Raiders offense. John Elway in his best days, MANAGED the Broncos offense.

That's just the truth.

In my 6-7 years of Message boards I have had to moderate and put up with a lot of Raider fans who signed up and made BIG fools of themselves...You son, are by far the most uneducated and ridiculous with his/her posts.

MOtorboat
08-27-2009, 08:40 PM
In my 6-7 years of Message boards I have had to moderate and put up with a lot of Raider fans who signed up and made BIG fools of themselves...You son, are by far the most uneducated and ridiculous with his/her posts.

Gannon "led" the team, but Elway didn't.

Seriously?

That's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

OaklandRaider
08-27-2009, 08:45 PM
What makes a QB a legend is 15 seasons, not 1.

Did I say Gannon was a legend? No.

But his 02 season was better than any season Elway ever had.

That's just the truth. Look up the stats, ask players, ask coaches, do what you have to do.

But what I'm saying is the truth.

MOtorboat
08-27-2009, 08:46 PM
But his 02 season was better than any season Elway ever had.

That's just the truth. Look up the stats, ask players, ask coaches, do what you have to do.

Idiot.

OaklandRaider

Seriously?

Terrell Davis was the leader of that team.

Benetto

Seriously?

The guy was 12 years old when Gannon and the fade got demolished in their last SB appearance....How is he supposed to know better?

Benetto
08-27-2009, 08:47 PM

LMAO!

Wow...I thought it couldn't get any funnier.
Do you even watch Football?

MOtorboat
08-27-2009, 08:48 PM

OK.

Idiot.

EMB6903
08-27-2009, 10:01 PM

Oh but you do make us laugh....saying jamarcus russell is more talented than john elway and actually believing it is probably the funniest sports related post that's ever hit this forum...

SR
08-27-2009, 10:54 PM

That's not debatable.

It is debatable, because in Elway's best year, he WON the Super Bowl.

Overtime
08-27-2009, 11:04 PM
The guy was 12 years old when Gannon and the fade got demolished in their last SB appearance....How is he supposed to know better?

he's just trying to provoke everyone on here. seriously guys, stop feeding the troll and it will go away.

It is debatable, because in Elway's best year, he WON the Super Bowl.

Yeah and Gannon threw a record 5 INT's in the Super Bowl that year.....:lol:

he looked like a deer in headlights, with a gun to his head, but the Fade did what they do best, and that was get their asses embarrassed.

Thnikkaman
08-27-2009, 11:14 PM

That's just the truth.

List of words that OaklandRaider doesn't know the definition of:

Fact
Truth
Opinion
Dedication
Speculation

I have started a collection to buy yourself a dictionary, but since the internet has them for free, I decided to buy myself a cup of coffee instead.

And as far as your boy Nmandi goes, I hope that he gets trades so that he can experience some success since it will NEVER happen in Oakland.

Enjoy being 0-1 after San Diego pounds your ass.

Midnight Blue
08-27-2009, 11:21 PM

Is that why his teammates nicknamed him "Red-ass Rich"? Oh... and y'know...who can forget him telling his coach (in a playoff game, no less) "You might as well put in Bobby (his backup)"? Hey, his injury was only a first-degree shoulder separation. Brian Griese came back into a regular season game after suffering a much more serious (third-degree) separation and led his team to a win. Right... "leaders" always want to watch from the bench.

/sarcasm

Northman
08-27-2009, 11:31 PM

That's not debatable.

And thats relevant why?

Gamechanger
08-27-2009, 11:32 PM

http://i42.tinypic.com/zu2uk9.jpg

Northman
08-27-2009, 11:38 PM

Which one? The one vs the Packers? You mean John for the very first time in his entire career he didnt have to rely on himself to try and win the big game? You mean he actually had a running back there to carry the load for once? You mean that kind of game managing? But i suppose your going to tell me that John was a game manager the following year too right? You know, when he threw up over 300 yds passing. Thats not game managing, thats going out and exploiting a defense's weakness. Are you really this stupid or is it an act? Seriously. I feel so sorry for DS because he is actually an intelligent Raiders fan and he doesnt try to blow this kind of smoke up our asses here. Dont your realize you zero credibility here? Why do you even hang around? And by golly, if its not smack your bringing to this board you sure spend a lot time in this area of the forum. Tell you what champ, why dont you come join the big boys in the regular forum if its not SMACK your talking. Yea, right. :lol:

Northman
08-27-2009, 11:39 PM
OH MI GODZ!

Bout time you dug your head out of the sand.

Midnight Blue
08-27-2009, 11:43 PM
Reality re: Rich Gannon... he was never anything more than a competent journeyman QB. If he had been, he wouldn't have so many "stamps in his passport"; some team would have thought he was worth keeping (and giving a starting job to). Jon Gruden's offensive system was able to maximize his abilities and minimize his faults (other than his quitting after being pancaked by Tony Siragusa in a playoff game). Having HOF receivers like Jerry Rice and Tim Brown also inflated his numbers and made him look better than he actually was. You're welcome, OR... for the reality check.

Overtime
08-27-2009, 11:51 PM
Elway - 2 Championships
Gannon - 0 Championships

nuff said.

(waits patiently for the troll to come in and tell me how many Tainted Championships the Faiders "would have won" if Gruden and Gannon had been together from Gannon's rookie season until he retired).

more senseless coulda woulda, shoulda, talk from a poser fan, of a loser organization, who clearly has ZERO intelligence, and ABSOLUTELY no life.

OaklandRaider
08-28-2009, 01:35 AM
Slap yourself.

Rich Gannon in 2002 had 4689 passing yards. John Elway in his career best had 4030.

Rich Gannon in 2002 had a Completion % of 67.6. John Elway in his career best had 63.2.

Rich Gannon in 2002 had had QB rating of 97.3. John Elway in his career best had a QB rating of 93.0. And the only reason he posted a QB rating that high is because he didn't have to throw the ball much. He piggy backed of Terrel Davis that year.

I mean across the board, everywhere you look, Rich Gannon in 02 > John Elway's best.

Still looking for somebody to refute this post with FACTS, and not biased opinion. :lol:

Like I said, I don't smack. I fact. And the fact is, not one of you homers have proved what I said wrong yet. This is basically ya'lls responses.

Donk fan:"But John Elway did A TWISTING FLIP IN THE AYER!!" And he won a ringz!! :lol:

Using Donkey fan logic™ , John Elway had a better season in 1998 than Peyton Manning in 04 or Tom Brady in 07 because he won a ring :pound:

Priceless.

Gamechanger
08-28-2009, 01:51 AM
Still looking for somebody to refute this post with FACTS, and not biased opinion. :lol:

Like I said, I don't smack. I fact. And the fact is, not one of you homers have proved what I said wrong yet. This is basically ya'lls responses.

Donk fan:"But John Elway did A TWISTING FLIP IN THE AYER!!" And he won a ringz!! :lol:

Using Donkey fan logic™ , John Elway had a better season in 1998 than Peyton Manning in 04 or Tom Brady in 07 because he won a ring :pound:

Priceless.

the hell?

since he won a ring in '98 he DID have a better season

http://i27.tinypic.com/k9uyjq.jpg

Midnight Blue
08-28-2009, 01:53 AM

Priceless.

Too ironic... you have yet to post anything whatsoever except biased opinion and deceptive cherry-picked stats...

Even Rich Gannon himself would never compare his performance to Elway's...

Midnight Blue
08-28-2009, 01:58 AM
the hell?

since he won a ring in '98 he DID have a better season

http://i27.tinypic.com/k9uyjq.jpg

Yes... Raiderfan needs to be reminded that every team's goal is to win the SB (a Lombardi and a ring). The Raiders haven't won one in his lifetime (in fact, the most recent Raider SB win was very close to a decade before his birth), so he's understandably ignorant of this fact. He doesn't even know that Nnamdi Asomugha is not the best Raider CB of all time...

OaklandRaider
08-28-2009, 03:11 AM
LMFAO!!

You guys are killing me :lol: Who had the better season?

210/356, 59.0%, 2806 Yards, 22 TD, 10 INTs, 93.0 QB rating.

336/497, 67.6%, 4557 Yards, 49 TD, 10 INTs, 121.1 QB rating.

Are you guys really trying to say that John Elway had a better season in 1998 than Peyton Manning did in 04, because his team won the superbowl?

LOL, please tell me you're not saying that. Never mind the fact that Elway passed for his third lowest total in his career. Nevermind the fact that Elway had the leaugue's MVP in Terrell Davis to hand the ball off to on every play. His team won the superbowl, so his season automatically eclipses Manning's season...

Using that dumb ass logic, Trent Dilfer had a better season in 00 than Tom Brady did in 07 because his team won the superbowl. :lol:

NEWSFLASH. It's been ten years. Get off Elway's jock. He was not untouchable.

Thnikkaman
08-28-2009, 07:33 AM

Priceless.

Now its apparent that you don't read posts.

I fully acknowledged that Rich Gannon's best season was statistically better than Elway's. But again, the best statistic about those two seasons was that Elway's ended holding the Lombardi, and Gannon's ended on the sidelines watching their opponents hold up the Lombardi.

OR. Please read posts.

----------------
Now playing: Daedelus – 21/11/08 (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/daedelus/track/21+11+08)
via FoxyTunes (http://www.foxytunes.com/signatunes/)

Thnikkaman
08-28-2009, 07:35 AM
You might say that Rich Gannon was http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/g/granny_owned-12246.jpg that season.

:-O

MOtorboat
08-28-2009, 07:48 AM

Priceless.

You're an idiot.

You said that Gannon was a leader and Elway wasn't.

I showed you the play that SHOWED Elway was a leader. Your "leader" threw 5 picks.

Try and remember which ******* argument you are trying to defend before idiotically defending them. ******* moron.

Northman
08-28-2009, 08:16 AM

I fully acknowledged that Rich Gannon's best season was statistically better than Elway's. But again, the best statistic about those two seasons was that Elway's ended holding the Lombardi, and Gannon's ended on the sidelines watching their opponents hold up the Lombardi.

OR. Please read posts.

----------------
Now playing: Daedelus – 21/11/08 (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/daedelus/track/21+11+08)

You would think OR would pay a little more attention to his sig. :lol:

SR
08-28-2009, 08:26 AM

Priceless.

Remember when Trent Dilfer won the Super Bowl with the Ravens? And last year when Kerry Collins led the Titans to the best record in the NFL?

Even mediocre quarterbacks have a fluke good year once in a while.

Any QB would rather have a mediocre statistical year and win the SB than have a record setting statistical year, go 18-0 in the regular season, then choke in the Super Bowl.

Straighten out your logic.

SR
08-28-2009, 08:27 AM
LMFAO!!

You guys are killing me :lol: Who had the better season?

210/356, 59.0%, 2806 Yards, 22 TD, 10 INTs, 93.0 QB rating.

336/497, 67.6%, 4557 Yards, 49 TD, 10 INTs, 121.1 QB rating.

Are you guys really trying to say that John Elway had a better season in 1998 than Peyton Manning did in 04, because his team won the superbowl?

LOL, please tell me you're not saying that. Never mind the fact that Elway passed for his third lowest total in his career. Nevermind the fact that Elway had the leaugue's MVP in Terrell Davis to hand the ball off to on every play. His team won the superbowl, so his season automatically eclipses Manning's season...

Using that dumb ass logic, Trent Dilfer had a better season in 00 than Tom Brady did in 07 because his team won the superbowl. :lol:

NEWSFLASH. It's been ten years. Get off Elway's jock. He was not untouchable.

Remember Bubby Brister? How many games did he start in place of an injured John Elway that year? Hmm. Maybe that's why John Elway's stats in 1998 weren't "up to par".

Day1BroncoFan
08-28-2009, 12:41 PM

Priceless.

I won't refute anything I'll just go with your one year scenario and say that in 1998 the Broncos had a 14-2-0 season which is better than any season the faiders have ever had. This isn't even considering the fact that in that same year the Broncos went on to win the super bowl.

So in other words according to your way of thinking we OWN the faiders.

Fact!!!

Midnight Blue
08-28-2009, 02:28 PM
You might say that Rich Gannon was http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/g/granny_owned-12246.jpg that season.

:-O

Here's a picture of Red-ass Rich "being a leader". Remember, this was soon followed by "You might as well put in Bobby (Hoying, who had zero playing time in that entire season)".....

OaklandRaider
08-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Remember Bubby Brister? How many games did he start in place of an injured John Elway that year? Hmm. Maybe that's why John Elway's stats in 1998 weren't "up to par".

Even if Elway would've started all 16 games that year, his stats still wouldn't come close to Manning or Brady's.

Manning and Brady had arguably the two best seasons a QB has ever had.

OaklandRaider
08-28-2009, 09:21 PM

I fully acknowledged that Rich Gannon's best season was statistically better than Elway's.

Maybe if you stopped listening to "foxy tunes", you would've noticed that that was all I said.

I never said Gannon was a better all time QB than Elway. I said that Gannon's best season was better statistically than any season John Elway has ever had. The stats prove what I said to be correct.

It was funny seeing you kids overreact, though. :lol:

Midnight Blue
08-29-2009, 02:48 AM
Maybe if you stopped listening to "foxy tunes", you would've noticed that that was all I said.

I never said Gannon was a better all time QB than Elway. I said that Gannon's best season was better statistically than any season John Elway has ever had. The stats prove what I said to be correct.

It was funny seeing you kids overreact, though. :lol:

I do believe "winning SB" is a stat. And so is "SB MVP".... tell me.. was "Red-Ass" ever SB MVP? Perhaps a valid argument could have been made that he should have won it in 2002...

OaklandRaider
08-29-2009, 03:29 AM
I do believe "winning SB" is a stat. And so is "SB MVP".... tell me.. was "Red-Ass" ever SB MVP? Perhaps a valid argument could have been made that he should have won it in 2002...

Winning the superbowl is not really a stat. It's more of an accomplishment.

Midnight Blue
08-29-2009, 04:59 AM
Winning the superbowl is not really a stat. It's more of an accomplishment.

No... winning a SB is a stat... because it is one more "W" in the winner's list. Or in your 2002 Raiders; case... one more "L".....

OaklandRaider
08-29-2009, 06:46 AM
No... winning a SB is a stat... because it is one more "W" in the winner's list. Or in your 2002 Raiders; case... one more "L".....

Gannon still had a better year in 02 than Elway has ever had. Did he win the superbowl? No. But statstically, from games 1-16 Gannon destroyed Elway.

In 2002, Rich Gannon reached a level of Quaterbacking that John Elway never did or will reach in his career. And I have stats to back that up. What do you have?

In 2002, Rich Gannon was a better player than John Elway ever was. And I have stats to back that up. What do you have?

And I find it funny that people are bringing up Gannon's superbowl loss, when John Elway is like the second all time losing SB QB in NFL history :lol: I find it hilarious that people are bringing up Gannon's bad performance in the superbowl, when John Elway is one of the WORST SUPERBOWL QB's of all time.

76/152, 1128 Yards, 3 TD, 8 INT, 59.3 QB rating.

Those are Elway's stats in the 5 superbowls he played in. This guy is supposed to be the GOAT, what the HELL?? Was he a choker? :pound:

I hate tearing down you guy's hero like this, I feel like I'm telling kids that Santa Clause isn't real. But Santa Clause (Elway) is overrated as hell by you guys.

Thnikkaman
08-29-2009, 09:20 AM
Gannon still had a better year in 02 than Elway has ever had. Did he win the superbowl? No. But statstically, from games 1-16 Gannon destroyed Elway.

In 2002, Rich Gannon reached a level of Quaterbacking that John Elway never did or will reach in his career. And I have stats to back that up. What do you have?

In 2002, Rich Gannon was a better player than John Elway ever was. And I have stats to back that up. What do you have?

And I find it funny that people are bringing up Gannon's superbowl loss, when John Elway is like the second all time losing SB QB in NFL history :lol: I find it hilarious that people are bringing up Gannon's bad performance in the superbowl, when John Elway is one of the WORST SUPERBOWL QB's of all time.

76/152, 1128 Yards, 3 TD, 8 INT, 59.3 QB rating.

Those are Elway's stats in the 5 superbowls he played in. This guy is supposed to be the GOAT, what the HELL?? Was he a choker? :pound:

I hate tearing down you guy's hero like this, I feel like I'm telling kids that Santa Clause isn't real. But Santa Clause (Elway) is overrated as hell by you guys.

Yet he still has the two rings and Gannon has none. Elway is consistently in the conversation of greatest quarterbacks of all time by non Broncos fans in the court of opinion. Gannon isn't.

In the 5 Superbowls Elway played in, Elway wasn't lined up on Defense. He wasn't blocking for himself. He wasn't receiving his own passes.

More and more your "Facts" are way to make yourself feel better about the crappy choice of a football team that you follow. You make yourself feel better by saying things that "tallent doesn't produce wins". You don't think we know this? We had Cutler forcing the ball to Marshall for the past two seasons.

I'm sure that the rest of the fans on this board will support me in saying this, and we will call it:

An Open Letter from Broncos Fans to the Troll Known as OaklandRaider

We the Broncos fans of BroncosForums.com would like to formally apologize for your unfortunate choice in football teams to follow. You could have followed the Chargers or the 49'ers being a California resident, but you chose the Raiders. We feel that having to deal with your incessant cherry picking of stats and inconsistent claims that the Raiders players are the best at their positions in the NFL is:

1. An assassination of your own character.
2. A misrepresentation of rational people who live in Claifornia and are Raiders fans.
3. Repetitive to the point of Ad Nausium

We all know that your own intention is to make us feel as bad about our team as you feel about yours. The 1K + posts of yours have not had this affect on us yet, and its unlikely that it ever will.

If you feel the need to continue to post here, we urge you to:

1. find something fresh and new to talk about
2. Ask for some help with your homework since its apparent by your fact finding and posting that you probably need it.
3. Possibly interact in other parts of the board than the Smack forum. Its painfully obvious that you are drowning here.

Finally, we broncos fans would like to leave you with this quote from Albert Einstein.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

We fear that you are no longer sane and are planning an intervention. Its whats best.

Signed,

The Broncos Fans of BroncosForums.com

OaklandRaider
08-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Yet he still has the two rings and Gannon has none. Elway is consistently in the conversation of greatest quarterbacks of all time by non Broncos fans in the court of opinion. Gannon isn't.

Elway should not even be mentioned in the GOAT conversation. Elway is, at best, 8th all time.

In the 5 Superbowls Elway played in, Elway wasn't lined up on Defense. He wasn't blocking for himself. He wasn't receiving his own passes.

Blame it on the line. Blame it on the coach. Blame it on the WR. Blame it on the defense, blame it on the acc-acc-acc alcohol.

Blame who ever you want, but the FACT (you should look up the word "fact" because you don't seem to understand what it means) is Elway is one of the WORST super bowl perfoming QB's in NFL history.

More and more your "Facts" are way to make yourself feel better about the crappy choice of a football team that you follow. You make yourself feel better by saying things that "tallent doesn't produce wins". You don't think we know this? We had Cutler forcing the ball to Marshall for the past two seasons.

I'm sure that the rest of the fans on this board will support me in saying this, and we will call it:

An Open Letter from Broncos Fans to the Troll Known as OaklandRaider

We the Broncos fans of BroncosForums.com would like to formally apologize for your unfortunate choice in football teams to follow. You could have followed the Chargers or the 49'ers being a California resident, but you chose the Raiders. We feel that having to deal with your incessant cherry picking of stats and inconsistent claims that the Raiders players are the best at their positions in the NFL is:

1. An assassination of your own character.
2. A misrepresentation of rational people who live in Claifornia and are Raiders fans.
3. Repetitive to the point of Ad Nausium

We all know that your own intention is to make us feel as bad about our team as you feel about yours. The 1K + posts of yours have not had this affect on us yet, and its unlikely that it ever will.

If you feel the need to continue to post here, we urge you to:

1. find something fresh and new to talk about
2. Ask for some help with your homework since its apparent by your fact finding and posting that you probably need it.
3. Possibly interact in other parts of the board than the Smack forum. Its painfully obvious that you are drowning here.

Finally, we broncos fans would like to leave you with this quote from Albert Einstein.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

We fear that you are no longer sane and are planning an intervention. Its whats best.

Signed,

The Broncos Fans of BroncosForums.com

I'm flattered that you took time out from watching Oprah to write that letter, I really am. But notice that there isn't any facts or stats in this entire FAIL of a post to prove what I said was wrong? Did you notice that? Because I did.

Still waiting for somebody to prove me wrong. :coffee:

Thnikkaman
08-29-2009, 01:10 PM
Elway should not even be mentioned in the GOAT conversation. Elway is, at best, 8th all time.

Blame it on the line. Blame it on the coach. Blame it on the WR. Blame it on the defense, blame it on the acc-acc-acc alcohol.

Blame who ever you want, but the FACT (you should look up the word "fact" because you don't seem to understand what it means) is Elway is one of the WORST super bowl perfoming QB's in NFL history.

I'm flattered that you took time out from watching Oprah to write that letter, I really am. But notice that there isn't any facts or stats in this entire FAIL of a post to prove what I said was wrong? Did you notice that? Because I did.

Still waiting for somebody to prove me wrong. :coffee:

Next you are going to tell me that all you do is provide evidence. How about you prove yourself right. :coffee:

Elway was a gamer. I have the scoreboard to prove it.

Gannon's career win loss record:
76-56-0 .576 or 57.6%

Elway's career win loss record:
148-82-1 .640 or 64.0%

Thats just regular season.

How about playoffs:

Gannon:
4-3 57.1%

Elway:
14-9 60.8%

Superbowl wins:

Gannon:

Zero

Elway:

Two

Bottom line:

Elway >>>>>> Gannon

In the stats that matter when you are talking about two retired players (Wins and Championchips), Elway is a gamer.

So to show how you are so predictable and pedestrian, your next post will say something about Gannon's 1 season where he had a better season than Elway. Something about the Broncos Superbowls being tainted, you will probably call me son (which is Ironic since you have to have balls or ovaries to have children, neither of which you have), say that I haven't proven anything, and include one of the following phrases or smileys:

Slap yourself
Owned
I don't need to prove anything
Donkeys fans suck
Lame ass analogies

By the way, references (you might want to include these in school or you will flunk you little androgynous being):
Source for my stats:
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GannRi00.htm?redir
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/ElwaJo00.htm

MOtorboat
08-29-2009, 05:44 PM
At best, eighth ever!

My lord, you're a ******* idiot.

Poet
08-29-2009, 05:46 PM
Elway is overrated on this message board. However, I would have a very hard time respecting any all-time QB list that didn't have him in the top five.

Poet
08-29-2009, 05:52 PM
You're talking shit and using Rich Gannon? Here's his stat sheet. http://www.nfl.com/players/richgannon/profile?id=GAN296635

It took him like 12 years to even be relevant in the NFL. Wow, that sure was one dominating player. Gannon is a good guy and I hated to see him get hurt and go out that way, but Gannon has as much claim to being a better QB then Elway as I do. :lol::lol:

MOtorboat
08-29-2009, 05:53 PM
You're talking shit and using Rich Gannon? Here's his stat sheet. http://www.nfl.com/players/richgannon/profile?id=GAN296635

It took him like 12 years to even be relevant in the NFL. Wow, that sure was one dominating player. Gannon is a good guy and I hated to see him get hurt and go out that way, but Gannon has as much claim to being a better QB then Elway as I do. :lol::lol:

Well, let's give Gannon a little credit...

Poet
08-29-2009, 05:55 PM
Well, let's give Gannon a little credit...

The difference between Elway and Gannon is so large that the void between Elway and myself may as well not exist.

Think about it like this; if you were 10,000,000,000,000,000 miles away from your destination what's really the difference in being 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,0000,000 miles away? I mean really.

Northman
08-29-2009, 05:58 PM
Who's Elway? Im just finishing up my shrine to Gannon using cat droppings.

MOtorboat
08-29-2009, 05:58 PM
Think about it like this; if you were 10,000,000,000,000,000 miles away from your destination what's really the difference in being 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,0000,000 miles away?

999,999,999,999,999,000,000,000,000,000 miles.

Poet
08-29-2009, 05:59 PM
Who's Elway? Im just finishing up my shrine to Gannon using cat droppings.

To be fair to Gannon, he was a classy guy who played for an unclassy organization with a bunch of morons as fans. I always did like him. God damn I'm sure he never felt smarter then when he was around his fans.

Poet
08-29-2009, 06:00 PM
999,999,999,999,999,000,000,000,000,000 miles.

The correct answer is 42.

Northman
08-29-2009, 08:25 PM
To be fair to Gannon, he was a classy guy who played for an unclassy organization with a bunch of morons as fans. I always did like him. God damn I'm sure he never felt smarter then when he was around his fans.

Very true. But i'll never the forget the hit that Romo put on his ass in that monday nighter and Gannon slid like 5 feet out of bounds like a dead log. Man, that was hilarious. But, i was so estatic in 98' when Shittyheimer put Grbac back in after Gannon had led the Chiefs to the playoffs. I definitely feared Gannon more than Grbac.

OaklandRaider
08-31-2009, 07:32 AM
Elway is overrated on this message board. However, I would have a very hard time respecting any all-time QB list that didn't have him in the top five.

Joe Montana
Dan Marino
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Brett Farve
Johnny Unitas

Better than Elway.

OaklandRaider
08-31-2009, 07:42 AM

Bengals fan calling another organization unclassy. :pound:

Gotta love it.

Thnikkaman
08-31-2009, 07:46 AM
Joe Montana

Peyton Manning
Tom Brady

Johnny Unitas

Better than Elway.

I can agree with this list. Favre is a stat compiler. Moreno couldn't get it done.

Add Otto Grahm
Sammy Baugh
and Bart Starr to that list.

OaklandRaider
08-31-2009, 07:54 AM
I can agree with this list. Favre is a stat compiler. Moreno couldn't get it done.

Add Otto Grahm
Sammy Baugh
and Bart Starr to that list.

John Elway in his prime couldn't touch Farve in his prime. In the 90's, Farve had one of the best stretches a QB has ever had. Not to mention just a couple years ago Farve finished second in MVP voting at the age of 37.

Farve > Elway

And Dan Marino may not have won a superbowl, but the guy was the best pure passer of all time.

Bronco fans like to whine about how John Elway didn't get any help and had to do it himself, well neither did Dan Marino.

Medford Bronco
08-31-2009, 08:20 AM
Joe Montana
Dan Marino
Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Brett Farve
Johnny Unitas

Better than Elway.

Brett Favre is not better than Elway.

At least Elway knew when to retire and not make a jackass out of himself year after year because of this.

Thnikkaman
08-31-2009, 08:27 AM
John Elway in his prime couldn't touch Farve in his prime. In the 90's, Farve had one of the best stretches a QB has ever had. Not to mention just a couple years ago Farve finished second in MVP voting at the age of 37.

Farve > Elway

And Dan Marino may not have won a superbowl, but the guy was the best pure passer of all time.

Bronco fans like to whine about how John Elway didn't get any help and had to do it himself, well neither did Dan Marino.

Look, we can go tit for tat on both Marino and Elway. I know that Elway is not the Greatest of all time. He is the Greatest Bronco Quarterback of all time. Favre and Marino are both nothing but stat compilers, and right now, Favre is doing nothing but tarnishing his "legacy" by continuing to play.

Hell, Jim Kelly > Favre or Marino.

----------------
Now playing: Ugly_Duckling_-_Left_Behind (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/-/track/ugly_duckling_-_left_behind)

OaklandRaider
09-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Look, we can go tit for tat on both Marino and Elway. I know that Elway is not the Greatest of all time. He is the Greatest Bronco Quarterback of all time. Favre and Marino are both nothing but stat compilers, and right now, Favre is doing nothing but tarnishing his "legacy" by continuing to play.

Look woman, you are kidding yourself if you think that John Elway was a better QB than either Brett Farve or Dan Marino.

I'm not about to argue with a homer like you, because no matter how many facts or stats I bring up, you will ignore them like you always do when you know you've lost an argument.

Dortoh
09-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Look woman, you are kidding yourself if you think that John Elway was a better QB than either Brett Farve or Dan Marino.

I'm not about to argue with a homer like you, because no matter how many facts or stats I bring up, you will ignore them like you always do when you know you've lost an argument.

OR I hope you never change :laugh:

Poet
09-01-2009, 11:40 AM

----------------
Now playing: Ugly_Duckling_-_Left_Behind (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/-/track/ugly_duckling_-_left_behind)

Jim Kelly could never hold Marino's or Favre's legacy.

Favre won a SB and was dominant for a long time. Marino never won a SB because of his team. How could Kelly be a better QB then Marino when every year he had a better team and STILL couldn't do what Marino did on the field?

Thnikkaman
09-01-2009, 11:40 AM

Coming from an Oakland homer that thinks Jamarcus Russel is Moses. I believe that Favre is the most overrated quarterback of our time. I totally acknowledge that is my own opinion. I don't care if I get called on it. Hell, Rusell is better than Favre. Cassell is better than Favre. I would take Ryan Leaf taking snaps for Denver before I took Favre.

Both Favre and Marino are Stat compilers. One of them actually did something in the playoffs. The other was a great regular season QB. What did he do in the playoffs?

And by the way, you are already arguing with a "Homer like me". Remember that thing about the pot calling the kettle black, well it applies here again. And if I'm guilty of ignoring "facts" or stats (with no reference to where you got them) up, then you have already been convicted and put to death for the same thing.

Here is some friendly advice. Unplug your computer and donate it to a local inner city school. The computer will thank you.

----------------
Now playing: People Under The Stairs – Out Da Club (http://www.foxytunes.com/artist/people+under+the+stairs/track/out+da+club)

OaklandRaider
09-01-2009, 11:53 AM
I would take Ryan Leaf taking snaps for Denver before I took Favre.

And ladies and gentleman, this is why you don't argue with fools.

Did you really just say that you'd take the BIGGEST bust of all time over the NFL's all time leading passer, wins, touchdowns, completions, starts etc etc.

My god. :lol:

Both Favre and Marino are Stat compilers. One of them actually did something in the playoffs. The other was a great regular season QB. What did he do in the playoffs?

Marino is the greatest passing QB of all time. Unlike John Elway, Marino didn't have a bright, young coach like Mike Shanahan come around and help him reach the superbowl. If it weren't for Shanahan, Elway would've retired the same exact way as Marino, without a ring.

And Marino is a stat compiler? He only played ONE more year than Elway did and had one of the worst years of his career in 1999. Yeah, he sure did stay around to compile stats :rolleyes:

**Cuts out Thnikkaman unfunny little rants/analogies**

OaklandRaider
09-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Jim Kelly could never hold Marino's or Favre's legacy.

Favre won a SB and was dominant for a long time. Marino never won a SB because of his team. How could Kelly be a better QB then Marino when every year he had a better team and STILL couldn't do what Marino did on the field?

Thnikkaman has no idea what he's talking about. You usually have no clue of what you are saying either, but I am glad to see you know your all time QB's and that was Thnikkaman is saying is bull.

But don't confront him with logic, let's just sit back and watch him go on his "Marino is a stat compiler" rants and watch him dig himself deeper and deeper into the whole that he's already in.

He has already said that Ryan Leaf is a better QB than Farve. Let's see what else we can get this little guy to say.

Thnikkaman
09-01-2009, 12:06 PM

Did you really just say that you'd take the BIGGEST bust of all time over the NFL's all time leading passer, wins, touchdowns, completions, starts etc etc.

Marino is the greatest passing QB of all time. Unlike John Elway, Marino didn't have a bright, young coach like Mike Shanahan come around and help him reach the superbowl. If it weren't for Shanahan, Elway would've retired the same exact way as Marino, without a ring.

And Marino is a stat compiler? He only played ONE more year than Elway did and had one of the worst years of his career in 1999. Yeah, he sure did stay around to compile stats :rolleyes:

Favre : 1 superbowl ring
Marino : 0 superbowl rings
Elway : 2 superbowl rings

Marino did nothing in the playoffs - he was a great regular season QB.

And yes, I said what I said. I hate Favre almost as much as I hate the raiders. I'm not cherry picking stats. I'm not claiming some unproven quarterback will be the greatest of all time. Why don't you try it sometime?

Me > You

OaklandRaider
09-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Favre : 1 superbowl ring
Marino : 0 superbowl rings
Elway : 2 superbowl rings

Marino did nothing in the playoffs - he was a great regular season QB.

And yes, I said what I said. I hate Favre almost as much as I hate the raiders. I'm not cherry picking stats. I'm not claiming some unproven quarterback will be the greatest of all time. Why don't you try it sometime?

Me > You

You judge QBs off of superbowl wins.

So going off your logic, Terry Bradshaw = GOAT. :rolleyes:

Midnight Blue
09-04-2009, 03:34 AM

That would be Todd Marijuanavich; not Leaf... (and guess who drafted TM) :coffee:

Day1BroncoFan
09-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Broncos 14-2-0 (1998) > raiders ever

End of story for OR.

Can't deny it can't beat it so eat it.

Devilspawn
09-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Broncos 14-2-0 (1998) > raiders ever

End of story for OR.

Can't deny it can't beat it so eat it.
Huh? Raiders only lost 1 game in 1976. Don't give us the nonsense of 14 games vs 16th games either.

Heck our Wild Card team could be considered better than your Wild Card team. Sure you won 1 more game, but you let the Packers make a game of the Superbowl. :tsk:

Now our 1983 team > ... awwww I ran out of Denver SB winners. :(

Day1BroncoFan
09-05-2009, 12:23 PM
Huh? Raiders only lost 1 game in 1976. Don't give us the nonsense of 14 games vs 16th games either.

Heck our Wild Card team could be considered better than your Wild Card team. Sure you won 1 more game, but you let the Packers make a game of the Superbowl. :tsk:

Now our 1983 team > ... awwww I ran out of Denver SB winners. :(

I'm just using OR's own model of thinking to come to my conclusions.

According to him Gannon is bettrer than Elway because he had one good season so in turn...

If you don't like that way of thinking talk to your boy OR about it.

YO=ou can't deny it. It happened and is recorded history.

OaklandRaider
09-06-2009, 01:49 PM
I'm just using OR's own model of thinking to come to my conclusions.

According to him Gannon is bettrer than Elway because he had one good season so in turn...

If you don't like that way of thinking talk to your boy OR about it.

YO=ou can't deny it. It happened and is recorded history.

Actually, I never claimed that Gannon was a better all time QB than Elway.

I did, however, say that Gannon's best season was statistically better than any season Elway had ever had. And I had stats to back that up.

And that apparently made Broncos fans get their panties in a bunch. It was quite amusing.

Poet
09-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Actually, Leaf was the biggest bust of all time. Not only did he have just as much hype as any player ever, he was a complete and utter nut.

T.K.O.
09-06-2009, 05:16 PM
statistically the raiders suck more than any team in the nfl....thats just my opinion backed by a the worst 6 season record ever in the history of pro-football suckdom !:D
and now the team is losing al "the gal" davis' kids inheritence...
how many games are sold out this year?
that helps explain why the raiders still have fans,most of their games are blacked out in cali !:welcome:

Poet
09-06-2009, 05:20 PM
OR, this is the funny thing, right now the Raiders resemble the Bengals in the 90's to a TEE.

Instead of a son running a once proud franchise into the ground the owner is running the once proud franchise into the ground.

Day1BroncoFan
09-06-2009, 08:10 PM
Actually, I never claimed that Gannon was a better all time QB than Elway.

I did, however, say that Gannon's best season was statistically better than any season Elway had ever had. And I had stats to back that up.

And that apparently made Broncos fans get their panties in a bunch. It was quite amusing.

I don't wear panties. I leave that to the raider fans, don't choke on yours.

What's amusing is that we can say the same thing using your own thinking and you can't defend it.

So again I will say that in 1998 the Broncos had a season that the raiders can only dream about in their sleep.

You can't deny it.

It is a fact.

I know you can hear that sucking sound coming from the black hole. It's your team

ursamajor
09-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Marino is the greatest passing QB of all time.

Actually Peyton Manning is already the Greatest passing QB of Al-Time.

Manning through this point in his career has averaged

4,148 yards a season
30 tds a season
15 ints a season
and has a 94.7 career passer rating

Marino averaged

3609 yards a season
25 tds a season
15 ints a season
and has a career passer rating of 86.4

Ravage!!!
09-09-2009, 10:21 AM

4,148 yards a season
30 tds a season
15 ints a season

Marino averaged

3609 yards a season
25 tds a season
15 ints a season

the QB rating is one thing I NEVER personally compare from one generation to the next. GREAT QBs of the past had terrible QB ratings, compared to today. But today they have 4 WR sets and RBs that catch tons of passes. They just didn't have the pass sets and protection schemes like they do today.

ursamajor
09-09-2009, 10:24 AM
John Elway...couldn't touch Farve in his prime. In the 90's, Farve had one of the best stretches a QB has ever had.

Superbowl XXXII called and said you are full of shyt.

ursamajor
09-09-2009, 10:30 AM
the QB rating is one thing I NEVER personally compare from one generation to the next. GREAT QBs of the past had terrible QB ratings, compared to today. But today they have 4 WR sets and RBs that catch tons of passes. They just didn't have the pass sets and protection schemes like they do today.

a 4,000 yard season is still supposed to be an extremely impressive thing no? Now tell me how many QBs have AVERAGED OVER 4,000 yards a SEASON.

Montana and Young would disagree with you about Eras and QB ratings.

Montana: career rating of 92.3
Young: career rating of 96.8

both either played BEFORE or DURING the same "Era" as Marino.

Poet
09-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Superbowl XXXII called and said you are full of shyt.

Brett Farve never got to play with a RB near the level of Terrell Davis...

That being said, Favre isn't likable and Elway isn't a douche like Farve or Montana is, so they can suck it.

ursamajor
09-09-2009, 10:41 AM

That being said, Favre isn't likable and Elway isn't a douche like Farve or Montana is, so they can suck it.

Please dont make excuses for the Packers.

Levens was far from a slouch that year. 1400+ yards on the ground/1805 total yards is far from Garbage. Favre gets no excuses.

ursamajor
09-09-2009, 10:45 AM

Oh, and Rodger Craig was a great back-But no Eric Dickerson. Now why was it that Montana Doesnt need that same excuse?

And just because Montana beat your Bengals in the big one, doesn't mean that he is a Douche. Im not being a whiny b!tch over Manning.

Give credit where credit is due.

Midnight Blue
09-09-2009, 02:23 PM

Is that why the Packers were two-touchdown favorites? Give me a break. TD or no TD, few were giving the Broncos a prayer of winning. I'm surprised that the Lombardi was even in San Diego that day... that it hadn't already been sent to Lambeau.

Gamechanger
09-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Oh, and Rodger Craig was a great back-But no Eric Dickerson. Now why was it that Montana Doesnt need that same excuse?

And just because Montana beat your Bengals in the big one, doesn't mean that he is a Douche. Im not being a whiny b!tch over Manning.

Give credit where credit is due.

actually, Rhodes and Addai carved up the Bears D

I (Colts fan here) will admit that Manning was just a game manager in the SB

another thing, it didn't help that Grossman couldn't hold his own head in the game

Ravage!!!
09-09-2009, 02:52 PM
a 4,000 yard season is still supposed to be an extremely impressive thing no? Now tell me how many QBs have AVERAGED OVER 4,000 yards a SEASON.

Montana and Young would disagree with you about Eras and QB ratings.

Montana: career rating of 92.3
Young: career rating of 96.8

both either played BEFORE or DURING the same "Era" as Marino.

Thats why I said the QB rating alone, and not yardage. ITs not a coincidence that both Montana and YOung played for the same team and same system... right? Not taking away from either. I'm simply pointing out that the QB of today, has a much higher standard of QB rating than those of yesterday, and its not because every QB today is better than those that played in the past. Its a different era.... period.

Ravage!!!
09-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Is that why the Packers were two-touchdown favorites? Give me a break. TD or no TD, few were giving the Broncos a prayer of winning. I'm surprised that the Lombardi was even in San Diego that day... that it hadn't already been sent to Lambeau.

BINGO.. nail on the head. The Packers were originally 17 point favorites, that dropped to 14 because of the betters odds.

They had the defense, they had the beef, they had the defensive backs and the stud QB with a stud RB and good WRs with a great DE ... blah blah blah

ursamajor
09-10-2009, 02:16 AM
Thats why I said the QB rating alone, and not yardage. ITs not a coincidence that both Montana and YOung played for the same team and same system... right? Not taking away from either. I'm simply pointing out that the QB of today, has a much higher standard of QB rating than those of yesterday, and its not because every QB today is better than those that played in the past. Its a different era.... period.

They played for the same team, yes. But Young was the Ideal QB for Brown's offense, not Monana. Walsh reworked Brown's offense to fit Montana's skillset. But Joe was so damned effective, it kept Young off the field. If you remember, Walsh was conflicted about the QBs.

On a side note, Shanny knew that Cutler was the ideal QB to run his Brown style offense. That is why Mike fell in love with Jay. In Jay Mike had his Otto Graham. First time he had a QB with the perfect skill set since Elway.

And it is the Brown Offense. Paul Brown created it. Walsh just tweaked it. Shanny tweaked it further. Parcells nicknamed it the WCO.

OaklandRaider
09-12-2009, 12:17 PM

4,148 yards a season
30 tds a season
15 ints a season

Marino averaged

3609 yards a season
25 tds a season
15 ints a season

Sorry, you're a Bears fan. So it goes without saying that you probably don't know much about the Quaterback position. If we were talking about linebackers, then maybe you're opinion might mean someting. But we're talking about Quarterbacks, so you might want to shut it and let the big boys talk. K?

Poet
09-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Please dont make excuses for the Packers.

Levens was far from a slouch that year. 1400+ yards on the ground/1805 total yards is far from Garbage. Favre gets no excuses.

I didn't, and I never came close to saying Levens was a slouch. I'm sorry, Favre never had a back even half as good as TD.

Favre is the better QB in my opinion, and if you want to act like that argument has no basis for it then you're wasting my time. I wouldn't pretend to act like Elway doesn't have an argument for it.

Poet
09-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Sorry, you're a Bears fan. So it goes without saying that you probably don't know much about the Quaterback position. If we were talking about linebackers, then maybe you're opinion might mean someting. But we're talking about Quarterbacks, so you might want to shut it and let the big boys talk. K?

This is why you're an idiot. I'm a Bengals fan and have bar none the best LT to ever play the game in Anthony Munoz. That doesn't mean that I automatically know more about great offensive lineman then you do.

I don't have a problem with someone in the smack forum being the "bad guy". I actually do enjoy having someone around who ruffles the feathers of Bronco fans because it stirs the pot. But, for every valid point you make you also shoot out about five stupid comments.

MOtorboat
09-12-2009, 01:36 PM
This is why you're an idiot. I'm a Bengals fan and have bar none the best LT to ever play the game in Anthony Munoz. That doesn't mean that I automatically know more about great offensive lineman then you do.

I don't have a problem with someone in the smack forum being the "bad guy". I actually do enjoy having someone around who ruffles the feathers of Bronco fans because it stirs the pot. But, for every valid point you make you also shoot out about five stupid comments.

He's made a valid point?

:confused:

Poet
09-12-2009, 01:39 PM
He's made a valid point?

:confused:

On accident, but it has happened.

Midnight Blue
09-12-2009, 02:42 PM

Oh, please. Your team hasn't had a decent QB since Gannon retired....you've probably never watched a decent Raider QB play (and if you did, you were like 10 years old).

OaklandRaider
09-12-2009, 03:19 PM
Oh, please. Your team hasn't had a decent QB since Gannon retired....you've probably never watched a decent Raider QB play (and if you did, you were like 10 years old).

I was ten when I saw Gannon play. Still to this day the best QB I've ever watched play in person.

OaklandRaider
09-12-2009, 03:25 PM

All I'm saying is that a Bears fans opinion on QBs isn't the most credible thing in the world. He has watched his team go through garbage QB after garbage QB for years. He may be traumatized from the absolute suck of watching Chicago QBs, I don't want to know his opinion on QBs.:shocked:

It's like hearing an ugly person debating who looks better Angelina Jolie or Megan Fox. It's like hearing a Bengal fan debating about the best superbowl teams in NFL history. Nobody wants to hear a fan of a team that hasn't won Ish talk about rings, it's just funny and awkward at the same time.

Midnight Blue
09-12-2009, 03:56 PM
I was ten when I saw Gannon play. Still to this day the best QB I've ever watched play in person.

So a Bears fan should "shut it" while the "big boys" (who haven't seen decent QB play since the age of 10) talk about QBs? Oh-kay....:coffee:

Midnight Blue
09-12-2009, 03:59 PM
All I'm saying is that a Bears fans opinion on QBs isn't the most credible thing in the world. He has watched his team go through garbage QB after garbage QB for years. He may be traumatized from the absolute suck of watching Chicago QBs, I don't want to know his opinion on QBs.:shocked:

It's like hearing an ugly person debating who looks better Angelina Jolie or Megan Fox. It's like hearing a Bengal fan debating about the best superbowl teams in NFL history. Nobody wants to hear a fan of a team that hasn't won Ish talk about rings, it's just funny and awkward at the same time.

Pot, meet kettle. As if the opinion of a Raider fan on the general topic of "good football" is at all credible. Your team has been the most abysmal in the league for the past half-decade.

Poet
09-12-2009, 04:31 PM

So if I suddenly became a Dolphins fan my opinion on QBs mean more? That's flat out retarded. You can be a fan of a terrible team (like me) and be a smart football fan. You can be a fan of a terrible football team (like you) and be an idiotic football fan.

You can be a fan of a great football team (WTE) and be ignorant. You can be a fan of a great football team (Gamechanger) and be a great football fan.

All this post tells me is that you live vicariously through a football team. That's pathetic. The fact that you live vicariously through a terrible football team is even worse.

OaklandRaider
09-12-2009, 07:03 PM
Pot, meet kettle. As if the opinion of a Raider fan on the general topic of "good football" is at all credible. Your team has been the most abysmal in the league for the past half-decade.

Half decades don't really matter in the grand scheme of things. My team has been one of the most dominant football teams in history.

My opinion is credible. :cool:

MOtorboat
09-12-2009, 07:04 PM

Remind me why we keep this idiot around? I want good reasons.

OaklandRaider
09-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Sorry MissouriBronc, I still can't see what you're saying.

Going off your previous posts to me, I'll just assume that you agreed with me and think that I'm awesome. Thanks. :salute:

MOtorboat
09-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Why don't you grow some big-boy pants and come into the football forums and post some of the crap you post?

Let's get rid of this troll...seriously. If you only post in the smack forum, you really don't need to be here.

Midnight Blue
09-12-2009, 07:43 PM
Half decades don't really matter in the grand scheme of things. My team has been one of the most dominant football teams in history.

That half-decade will soon stretch into a full decade. And no... your opinion is not credible; it is pure blind homerism and nothing more. You're the Broncos Forum's comic relief. Please stick around even after the Bolts kick your team's butts Monday night.

ursamajor
09-13-2009, 11:10 AM

This is coming from the guy that said Nnamdi is the best defensive player in the history of the NFL. He isnt even the best defensive player in the history of the Raiders. Brown, Long, Atkinson, and some others are players I would rank ahead of Nnamdi.

Just because you find Nnamdi's mayonnaise most savory, doesn't mean he is the GOAT.

Day1BroncoFan
09-16-2009, 10:49 AM
OaklandRaider
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/JackLM/Broncos%20Forum/cuckoo-catfish.jpg

Almost everyone else
http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/JackLM/Broncos%20Forum/GreatWhite.jpg

BroncoNut
04-20-2012, 12:20 PM
man, this is an old thread

TheTruth
09-06-2012, 10:34 AM
fact
* main entry: Fact
* pronunciation: \ˈfakt\
* function: Noun
* etymology: Latin factum, from neuter of factus, past participle of facere
* date: 15th century

1 : A thing done: As a obsolete : Feat b : Crime <accessory after the fact> c archaic : Action
2 archaic : Performance, doing
3 : The quality of being actual : Actuality <a question of fact hinges on evidence>
4 a : Something that has actual existence <space exploration is now a fact> b : An actual occurrence <prove the fact of damage>
5 : A piece of information presented as having objective reality

copy and paste much?

Thnikkaman
09-06-2012, 10:35 AM
copy and paste much?

Use proper capitalization much?

underrated29
09-06-2012, 11:14 AM
c*ck in my mouth much?

Yes, lots and lots of it.

TheTruth
09-07-2012, 05:12 AM
Use proper capitalization much?

Proper? lmao. On a smack talk board? you a reeeeeeeeeal Homo.

Thnikkaman
09-07-2012, 08:14 AM
Proper? lmao. On a smack talk board? you a reeeeeeeeeal Homo.

Just because I turned you down for sex and fellatio just means I have higher standards. I've seen crack whores on the Las Vegas Strip that carried less disease than you. You're one skanky chick.

TheTruth
09-07-2012, 08:21 AM
Just because I turned you down for sex and fellatio just means I have higher standards. I've seen crack whores on the Las Vegas Strip that carried less disease than you. You're one skanky chick.

I like it when you talk dirty to me. Say it again and ill suck you dry.

Thnikkaman
09-07-2012, 08:30 AM
I like it when you talk dirty to me. Say it again and ill suck you dry.

Problems developing saliva? Sounds like I'd end up with a chaffed dick. No thanks.