PDA

View Full Version : Win a chance to announce Broncos 4th round pick at the NFL Draft

Tned
03-18-2013, 05:37 PM
Enter the contest to win a trip to NY to watch the 2013 draft and announce the Broncos 4th round pick while you're there.

Click on the image below to go to the contest site for more information and submit your entry.

http://www.broncosforums.com/downloads/Paint-the-town-orange-contest.JPG (http://www.paintthetownorange.com/)

http://www.paintthetownorange.com/

Nomad
03-18-2013, 06:41 PM
I like the car hood better than the first 3 picks.

Dapper Dan
03-18-2013, 07:20 PM
Even if I could win, I'd probably step up there and pee my pants.

DenBronx
03-18-2013, 07:27 PM
TIA to everyone for voting for me.

Tned
03-19-2013, 01:17 PM

Just be sure to invest in a box of depends and suit up, before suiting up.

LTC Pain
03-19-2013, 01:43 PM
I'd rather win an opportunity to be an intern in the Broncos' War Room during the draft and the days/weeks leading up to it :):):)

FanInAZ
03-19-2013, 01:48 PM

The key to having a successful 1st time public speaking experience is to not make eye contact with the audience, because that's when you become aware that they're all looking at you. As an experienced public speaker, I do make eye contact in order to read my audience. This allows me to know if their tuned into what I'm saying or board out of their minds. Do they understand what I'm saying or I'm I talking over their heads? Are they embracing what I'm saying or are they planning to lynch me once I get of stage?

In this situation, you don't need to worry about any of that. You'll probably be handed a card or paper that has the name of whoever the Broncos are picking. Don't take your eyes off of the paper. Just read what's on that paper and then exit the stage.

Tned
03-19-2013, 01:56 PM
The key to having a successful 1st time public speaking experience is to not make eye contact with the audience, because that's when you become aware that they're all looking at you. As an experienced public speaker, I do make eye contact in order to read my audience. This allows me to know if their tuned into what I'm saying or board out of their minds. Do they understand what I'm saying or I'm I talking over their heads? Are they embracing what I'm saying or are they planning to lynch me once I get of stage?

In this situation, you don't need to worry about any of that. You'll probably be handed a card or paper that has the name of whoever the Broncos are picking. Don't take your eyes off of the paper. Just read what's on that paper and then exit the stage.

Depending on how bright the stage lights vs. house lights are, it can be difficult to make eye contact vs. see a sea of blackness in front of you.

MOtorboat
03-19-2013, 02:06 PM
I'm waiting for...

"With the 122nd pick in the draft the (Insert team) selects (Insert player)...slight pause...Who the F is that)"

Would be so classic.

Tned
03-19-2013, 02:10 PM
I'm waiting for...

"With the 122nd pick in the draft the (Insert team) selects (Insert player)...slight pause...Who the F is that)"

Would be so classic.

Would that be the reaction to the player picked or the person announcing the pick? ;)

FanInAZ
03-19-2013, 02:12 PM
Depending on how bright the stage lights vs. house lights are, it can be difficult to make eye contact vs. see a sea of blackness in front of you.

I've never presented in a venue that requires stage lights.

NightTerror218
03-19-2013, 02:22 PM
I'm waiting for...

Would be so classic.

if I wont knowning my luck, would be the craziest ass name I could never pronounce , butcher dude's name and then get pummeled after for ruining his moment.

Tned
03-19-2013, 02:24 PM
I've never presented in a venue that requires stage lights.

It can complete eliminate the ability to make eye contact and pick out audience members to speak to -- and of course eliminates the ability to see reactions.

Ravage!!!
03-19-2013, 03:07 PM

Wait.. what? I fell asleep reading this.

FanInAZ
03-19-2013, 03:14 PM
Wait.. what? I fell asleep reading this.

I have a naturally loud voice, no one falls asleep when I speak ;)

BroncoJoe
03-19-2013, 04:38 PM
I didn't realize MO got third place.

Way to go, MO!

MOtorboat
03-19-2013, 04:41 PM
I didn't realize MO got third place.

Way to go, MO!

Since I live in Denver now, would you like to get drinks on Friday. If we skip a little early we can catch the beginning of the Colorado game.

BroncoJoe
03-19-2013, 04:49 PM
Since I live in Denver now, would you like to get drinks on Friday. If we skip a little early we can catch the beginning of the Colorado game.

Don't tease me, little man.

MOtorboat
03-19-2013, 04:53 PM
Don't tease me, little man.

I would have thought you'd put a little more thought into teasing me...

BroncoJoe
03-19-2013, 05:11 PM
I would have thought you'd put a little more thought into teasing me...

touche.

FanInAZ
03-19-2013, 05:30 PM
I'm waiting for...

Would be so classic.

It could be worse. They could let a fan of the team with the 1st pick of the draft announce the name.

"With the 1st pick of the draft, (Insert team) selects...pauses before screaming at the top of their lungs...(Insert player)! What the **** were you idiots thinking! This guy has bust written all over him! We have so many holes in our team, you should have trade down & stock piled picks! I can't believe I just waited more money on renewing my season tickets!"

Dapper Dan
03-19-2013, 05:40 PM
It could be worse. They could let a fan of the team with the 1st pick of the draft announce the name.

"With the 1st pick of the draft, (Insert team) selects...pauses before screaming at the top of their lungs...(Insert player)! What the **** were you idiots thinking! This guy has bust written all over him! We have so many holes in our team, you should have trade down & stock piled picks! I can't believe I just waited more money on renewing my season tickets!"

I don't think Zam would even enter the contest.

Lancane
03-19-2013, 05:48 PM
I don't think Zam would even enter the contest.

I'd be more worried if I won DB...

"With the 125th Pick the Denver Broncos Select... What the **** are you ***holes thinking, you could have drafted (insert name) or (insert name)...but no, in your great and powerful wisdom you draft (insert name) who is about a worthless piece of ****! Hey John, hey Mr. Elway, don't you think you'd like a ****ing mulligan and choose someone else? You got enough time, I mean what the **** can this kid do for the Broncos?"

The following weak it will be announced that due to fan participation that the NFL Draft will no longer be on Network television, but can only be seen live on HBO and Cinemax!

Dapper Dan
03-19-2013, 05:51 PM
I'd be more worried if I won DB...

"With the 125th Pick the Denver Broncos Select... What the **** are you ***holes thinking, you could have drafted (insert name) or (insert name)...but no, in your great and powerful wisdom you draft (insert name) who is about a worthless piece of ****! Hey John, hey Mr. Elway, don't you think you'd like a ****ing mulligan and choose someone else? You got enough time, I mean what the **** can this kid do for the Broncos?"

The following weak it will be announced that due to fan participation that the NFL Draft will no longer be on Network television, but can only be seen live on HBO and Cinemax!

Lol. Or just say whatever name you want instead of what's on the card.

Lancane
03-19-2013, 05:53 PM
Lol. Or just say whatever name you want instead of what's on the card.

That would be hilarious, I could see myself and certain other fans doing that...rofl.

FanInAZ
03-19-2013, 06:23 PM
Questions:

1) How long would it take for NFL security to deal with Lancane if he went into a rant like this?
2) What would be the severity of injuries that NFL security would inflict upon Lancane's?
3) Would Elway be more pissed at Lancane if he went into such a rant, or if he announced the player he wanted instead of the player he was told to announce?

Lancane
03-19-2013, 06:41 PM
Questions:

1) How long would it take for NFL security to deal with Lancane if he went into a rant like this?
2) What would be the severity of injuries that NFL security would inflict upon Lancane's?
3) Would Elway be more pissed at Lancane if he went into such a rant, or if he announced the player he wanted instead of the player he was told to announce?

1) Have no clue, body count to be determined on site.
2) Again, no clue, body count to be determined on site.
3) I would have to go with announcing my own pick, the rant doesn't cost them a possible draft pick and they look like ***holes if they did not want the kid and say it was a mistake. Of course the kid they drafted and I ranted about would feel pretty crappy about himself for being the pick too.