PDA

View Full Version : The official Monday morning excuse thread

Dortoh
08-27-2009, 10:11 AM
So I was thinking that if Jay and the Bears roll into town and open a can of whoop ass some of my Bronco Brothers will need some excuses premade and ready for Monday morning battle.

I'll start

1. Its just the preseason.
2. Orton just needs more time to get on the same page with his wr's
3. They probably just didnt want to show the rest of the league very much.
4. I forgot to wear my lucky underpants.

:laugh:

MOtorboat
08-27-2009, 10:12 AM

Begins and ends there.

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!

AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Day1BroncoFan
08-27-2009, 10:14 AM
If Orton kicks their ass you're going to look stupid.

Dortoh
08-27-2009, 10:15 AM

I'll worry about that when it happens.

NightTrainLayne
08-27-2009, 10:17 AM
How about this. "My power went out right at kickoff and I missed it. Please don't spoil the results for me, I'll watch the replay next week."

Day1BroncoFan
08-27-2009, 10:18 AM
You're betting against your own team because of what?

I just want to make sure I know why you're counting on the Broncos to lose.

Dortoh
08-27-2009, 10:21 AM
You're betting against your own team because of what?

I just want to make sure I know why you're counting on the Broncos to lose.

I'm not betting against them at all. I just dont want some of my Bronco brothers to jump off a cliff if Jay comes riding into town and has a great game.

NightTrainLayne
08-27-2009, 10:25 AM
I'm not betting against them at all. I just dont want some of my Bronco brothers to jump off a cliff if Jay comes riding into town and has a great game.

I predict that Jay will have a great game, and that Chicago likely leaves Invesco as the "winners".

What I hope to see as a McD supporter is improvement on both sides of the ball. Continue the track of improvement that we saw from the first pre-season game to the second, and I will be happy.

Chicago is a better team. They were much closer to having their pieces put together last season than we were last season, and now they've added Cutler. Good for them. We have taken two steps backwards in order to take three forward. We'll be alright. If we look competitive against Chicago, that's just gravy.

Day1BroncoFan
I see it more like if we lose you can come in here and gloat or something.

If we win you'll look kind of stupid.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the whole thing. :confused:

BigDaddyBronco
Meh.

We will probably go 5-11 or 6-10 this year. I care, but I realize that we are taking a major direction change for the franchise and it takes some time to get back on track.

I'll be happy when we win, and mad when we lose, but I'll enjoy watching the games anyway. My wife will be happy when the season is over probably. I'm more interested in what happens next off-season and next year.

Dortoh
08-27-2009, 10:27 AM
I see it more like if we lose you can come in here and gloat or something.

If we win you'll look kind of stupid.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the whole thing. :confused:

Na you just dont know me is all :laugh:

Dortoh
08-27-2009, 10:28 AM
I predict that Jay will have a great game, and that Chicago likely leaves Invesco as the "winners".

What I hope to see as a McD supporter is improvement on both sides of the ball. Continue the track of improvement that we saw from the first pre-season game to the second, and I will be happy.

Chicago is a better team. They were much closer to having their pieces put together last season than we were last season, and now they've added Cutler. Good for them. We have taken two steps backwards in orde to take three forward. We'll be alright. If we look competitive against Chicago, that's just gravy.

QFT

I am correct IMO that if the Bears come in here and win alot of Bronco fans are going to hit bottom.

Dortoh
08-27-2009, 10:29 AM
Besides how could I really look stupid? For starting a fun/playful thread in the smack forum?

BigDaddyBronco
08-27-2009, 10:30 AM
BTW, I hope we kick the living shit out of the Bears and sack Cutler 7 times. :D

That would be nice.

NightTrainLayne
08-27-2009, 10:31 AM
QFT

I am correct IMO that if the Bears come in here and win alot of Bronco fans are going to hit bottom.

Unfortunately, I think you're right. . .heck a ton already have.

It might actually be worse if we emerge victorious. That might give us false hope of how good we are.

We just need to get better every week this season. There will be some set-backs but if we steadily improve we will be able to fill in some spots and be a good team again next season.

Day1BroncoFan
08-27-2009, 10:32 AM
Na you just dont know me is all :laugh:

OK.

So let the fun begin.

I hope the Broncos win, or at least give it a good game whether Jay plays well or not. That goes without saying I guess.

Northman
08-27-2009, 10:34 AM
So I was thinking that if Jay and the Bears roll into town and open a can of whoop ass some of my Bronco Brothers will need some excuses premade and ready for Monday morning battle.

I'll start

4. I forgot to wear my lucky underpants.

The best excuse will be to just blame you. :coffee:

claymore
08-27-2009, 10:35 AM
QFT

I hit bottom when we traded Cutler. Pretty much the worst thing you could do to this team.

I will never understand when you guys say that we have to take 2 steps back in order to move forward.

Losing never makes you better. Maybe in the fact if we lose allot McD will get fired, and someone comes in and fixes things.

All that did was make us wait years longer to get better. And go thru way more pain.

Day1BroncoFan
08-27-2009, 10:38 AM
Sometimes the storm is at its worst before it ends. ;)

There is a silver linning in every cloud.

etc.

BigDaddyBronco
08-27-2009, 10:43 AM
I hit bottom when we traded Cutler. Pretty much the worst thing you could do to this team.

I will never understand when you guys say that we have to take 2 steps back in order to move forward.

Losing never makes you better. Maybe in the fact if we lose allot McD will get fired, and someone comes in and fixes things.

All that did was make us wait years longer to get better. And go thru way more pain.

This is only true if McD system doesn't work. If we can dink and dunk, control the clock, and improve our defense we will have a chance to win.

The all out throw the ball a mile all over the field, score or turnover the ball quickly, and put all the pressure on a bad defense just doesn't work.

How did we win the Superbowls Clay? Elway racking up a bunch of yards or TD controlling the clock and keeping our defense off the field?

I'm not saying McDaniels system is going to work, if it doesn't my guess is that his inexperience and personality got in the way, but I guarantee we would have never won it with Cutler playing like he did for the last two years.

sanluis
08-27-2009, 10:45 AM
Jay Cutler...??? I hope he throws six picks and is sacked seven times.

Then again I hope that happens to Orton as well.

I know... weird!! :D

Gamechanger
08-27-2009, 11:01 AM
Cutler is going to carve ya'lls D like they carve up a Chi-Town Deep Dish Pizza

Day1BroncoFan
08-27-2009, 11:02 AM
We're going to turn Cutler into a butler. ;)

Gamechanger
08-27-2009, 11:08 AM
We're going to turn Cutler into a butler. ;)

so he can serve you royally? :shocked:

Day1BroncoFan
08-27-2009, 11:09 AM
He's going to royally serve our D the ball more than once.

claymore
08-27-2009, 11:18 AM
This is only true if McD system doesn't work. If we can dink and dunk, control the clock, and improve our defense we will have a chance to win.

The all out throw the ball a mile all over the field, score or turnover the ball quickly, and put all the pressure on a bad defense just doesn't work.

How did we win the Superbowls Clay? Elway racking up a bunch of yards or TD controlling the clock and keeping our defense off the field?

I'm not saying McDaniels system is going to work, if it doesn't my guess is that his inexperience and personality got in the way, but I guarantee we would have never won it with Cutler playing like he did for the last two years.
I have yet to see a shimmer of hope in McD's system. Maybe Orton is just bad and cannot run it right.

Cutler played the way he did, because we had to score points to over come our defensive siv.

And, Cutler was young. last year was his second full year. Its not like he was a 10 year vet. The dude was putting up damn good numbers in his 2nd full year.

Day1BroncoFan
08-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Cutler is still only a young QB with potential. He has not proved himself yet.

gnomeflinger
08-27-2009, 11:23 AM

I'll start

4. I forgot to wear my underpants.

Corrected.

claymore
08-27-2009, 11:25 AM
Cutler is still only a young QB with potential. He has not proved himself yet.

Seriously, what is McDaniels? He has proven less than Cutler.

I appreciate the positive attitude, but McDaniels hasnt won shit. He has made this team worse.

How can you guys be ok with that?

Day1BroncoFan
08-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Seriously, what is McDaniels? He has proven less than Cutler.

I appreciate the positive attitude, but McDaniels hasnt won shit. He has made this team worse.

How can you guys be ok with that?

McDaniels is still a yound HC, maybe with potential. I don't have on orange colored glasses. I'm not delusional.

My postition is that Cutler is gone never to return and McD is here at least for now so I will contnue to support my team. Two pre-season games does not a season make.

I giving it a chance to work if you don't mind.

I fail to see why or how you can decide at this point in the season, actually pre-season, that all is lost.

:confused:

Dortoh
08-27-2009, 11:35 AM
I have yet to see a shimmer of hope in McD's system. Maybe Orton is just bad and cannot run it right.

Cutler played the way he did, because we had to score points to over come our defensive siv.

And, Cutler was young. last year was his second full year. Its not like he was a 10 year vet. The dude was putting up damn good numbers in his 2nd full year.

http://www.pastrykicks.com/v5/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/winner.jpg

Ravage!!!
08-27-2009, 11:40 AM
back on topic:

10) our defense were on tired legs
9) wearing the pads in practice is different than they are used to
8) The distractions of Cutler made it hard for our new team
7) McDaniels didn't wear the hoodie (hoping he put that to sleep)
6) Our best QB, Simms, is hurt
5) where are our draft picks from 02-05?
4) The system is so complicated that we just aren't all 'there' yet.
3) we are 'rebuilding' so of course we looked bad against their defense
2) Moreno didn't play

1) Its Shanahan's fault

claymore
08-27-2009, 12:58 PM
McDaniels is still a yound HC, maybe with potential. I don't have on orange colored glasses. I'm not delusional.

My postition is that Cutler is gone never to return and McD is here at least for now so I will contnue to support my team. Two pre-season games does not a season make.

I giving it a chance to work if you don't mind.

I fail to see why or how you can decide at this point in the season, actually pre-season, that all is lost.

:confused:

If we look like shit running the base version of the offense. We will look like shit in the regular season running the full blown Offense.

Day1BroncoFan
08-27-2009, 01:02 PM
If we look like shit running the base version of the offense. We will look like shit in the regular season running the full blown Offense.

That is something I'll wait and find out when it happens.

You don't have a crystal ball and neither do I.

I hope you have to eat those words and I hope they stick in your throat and you choke on them. :listen:

claymore
08-27-2009, 01:03 PM
That is something I'll wait and find out when it happens.

You don't have a crystal ball and neither do I.

I hope you have to eat those words and I hope they stick in your throat and you choke on them. :listen:

I hope I dont choke. But I hope I am wrong. I wouldnt argue with everyone all day if I thought I was though.

We will see the difference on Sunday.

T.K.O.
08-27-2009, 01:04 PM
jay will be sacked repeatedly....my biggestfear is that forte will get 150 yds in the 1st half.
i want to see improvement in run defense...without that we will be the same team we were last year.and with a brutal schedule...not good.
to all those who say mcD hasnt done shyt and jay was the best thing to ever happen to the broncos.....WRONG !
mcd was the offensive mind behind the only 18-0 run in nfl history and jay is a very good (and yet .500 ) qb.
he was partly responsible for us not making the playoffs last year and dont give me the all defense fault b.s.,he played like shyt when we needed him most .
i'm not gonna try and convince anyone that we are better off without him.because i dont believe that.
but i do know he bailed on the broncos and he's a bear now .
so he better realize their will be extra points for knocking on his ass sunday.
and i think he better where extra padding !!!!!!!!!!:salute:

claymore
08-27-2009, 01:07 PM
jay will be sacked repeatedly....my biggestfear is that forte will get 150 yds in the 1st half.
i want to see improvement in run defense...without that we will be the same team we were last year.and with a brutal schedule...not good.
to all those who say mcD hasnt done shyt and jay was the best thing to ever happen to the broncos.....WRONG !
mcd was the offensive mind behind the only 18-0 run in nfl history and jay is a very good (and yet .500 ) qb.
he was partly responsible for us not making the playoffs last year and dont give me the all defense fault b.s.,he played like shyt when we needed him most .
i'm not gonna try and convince anyone that we are better off without him.because i dont believe that.
but i do know he bailed on the broncos and he's a bear now .
so he better realize their will be extra points for knocking on his ass sunday.
and i think he better where extra padding !!!!!!!!!!:salute:Cutler is going to make us look silly.

Day1BroncoFan
08-27-2009, 01:11 PM
I hope I dont choke. But I hope I am wrong. I wouldnt argue with everyone all day if I thought I was though.

We will see the difference on Sunday.

I'm waiting for the regular season to decide. If it continues then, I reserve the right to be upset and anti-establishment.

claymore
08-27-2009, 01:17 PM
I'm waiting for the regular season to decide. If it continues then, I reserve the right to be upset and anti-establishment.

I dont hate the Broncos. Im just mad we are most likely stuck with a shitty team for the next 3-10 years Because of Bowlens pride, and JMCD douchbaggery.

Ravage!!!
08-27-2009, 01:21 PM
Don't believe for a MOMENT that there is reason for the Bronco players to go after Jay harder or more than they have any other QB this season. Its ridiculous to believe this "he better wear more padding" as if the players are out to get him. Lucky for us, the players generally have a LOT more class than the fans do.

Dortoh
08-27-2009, 01:25 PM
Cutler is going to make us look silly.

I hope he only makes us look silly. I've got some words that I fear will be appropriate soon.

I love my Broncos and whichever 11 guys are on the field at anygiven time will have my full support. That said I fear we are in for a LONG season.

Dortoh
08-27-2009, 01:26 PM
Don't believe for a MOMENT that there is reason for the Bronco players to go after Jay harder or more than they have any other QB this season. Its ridiculous to believe this "he better wear more padding" as if the players are out to get him. Lucky for us, the players generally have a LOT more class than the fans do.

That is true for the most part but while they may not be out to "get" him they have some serious pride to defend.

T.K.O.
08-27-2009, 01:35 PM
yeah and green bay wont try to knock favre out of the game every play.....right !
clay players arent paid to be "classy" in the nfl.your thinking of golf maybe?
and if that was an attempt to say i have no class,i would say it shows alot less class to sit on a message board and "bash" the organization repeatedly day in and day out !
would'nt you agree?

claymore
08-27-2009, 02:15 PM
yeah and green bay wont try to knock favre out of the game every play.....right !
clay players arent paid to be "classy" in the nfl.your thinking of golf maybe?
and if that was an attempt to say i have no class,i would say it shows alot less class to sit on a message board and "bash" the organization repeatedly day in and day out !
would'nt you agree?
I dont think I said anything about class. I know ive never said you were not classy. You seem like a cool dude.

I think the organization has its head up its ass. I think the organization kinda knows it, but will try and cover their ass, and blow sunshine up our butts.

I think the fans here are kinda in the same boat, but wont admit it.

Dortoh
08-31-2009, 09:30 AM

I guess I lucked out and Orton kicked nobodys ass

claymore
08-31-2009, 09:40 AM
I guess I lucked out and Orton kicked nobodys ass

Good call, i thought for sure you were going to be wrong. :shocked:

OaklandRaider
08-31-2009, 11:15 PM
Bronco fans excuse: "See what had happened was...." :lol:

What happened is Cutler owned you on National television.

underrated29
09-01-2009, 12:03 AM
45-7.

With all the probowlers, and best qb,cb,rb,lb,p,k in history.

I love the saints.
:elefant:

Dortoh
09-01-2009, 09:22 AM
Bronco fans excuse: "See what had happened was...." :lol:

What happened is Cutler owned you on National television.

You realize after this weekend your smack card has been revoked :laugh:

OaklandRaider
09-01-2009, 10:44 AM
45-7.

With all the probowlers, and best qb,cb,rb,lb,p,k in history.

I love the saints.
:elefant:

I only said the Raiders had the best CB and punters in NFL history, and I can make a logical argument for both.

Never called our QB, RB, LB, K the GOATS.

Read up before you type.

OaklandRaider
09-01-2009, 10:50 AM
You realize after this weekend your smack card has been revoked :laugh:

I don't own a smack card, I own a fact card. And the fact is, your team got owned in front of millions of people by your former all star QB.

That has to be one of the most embarrassing moments in Broncos history. My team may have lost, but it was just a preseason game. The Bears game wasn't just a preseason game for you guys, it was basically your teams' superbowl since me and you both know your team ain't doing squat this year.

That was your teams' superbowl, it was the fans' superbowl, and it was time for Josh McDaniels to prove he didn't make an epic mistake.

And what happens? OWNED.

Sorry but I will continue talking about Cutler picking apart your team, because it is way more significant than a 45-7 loss.

Dortoh
09-01-2009, 10:55 AM
I don't own a smack card, I own a fact card. And the fact is, your team got owned in front of millions of people by your former all star QB.

That has to be one of the most embarrassing moments in Broncos history. My team may have lost, but it was just a preseason game. The Bears game wasn't just a preseason game for you guys, it was basically your teams' superbowl since me and you both know your team ain't doing squat this year.

That was your teams' superbowl, it was the fans' superbowl, and it was time for Josh McDaniels to prove he didn't make an epic mistake.

And what happens? OWNED.

Sorry but I will continue talking about Cutler picking apart your team, because it is way more significant than a 45-7 loss.

Well then carry on sir. Dont mind me if I just stand over here and point and laugh at you :laugh:

topscribe
09-01-2009, 10:55 AM

I understand.

You would rather talk about anything than that 45-7 loss, wouldn't you? :lol:

-----

underrated29
09-01-2009, 11:10 AM
I only said the Raiders had the best CB and punters in NFL history, and I can make a logical argument for both.

Never called our QB, RB, LB, K the GOATS.

Read up before you type.

Dude, if you didnt have 3,000 pages worth of pathetic post. I would go look it up and post it here for you. But no way in hell am i sifting through that shyt.

Its ok, because even with us having to start a rookie qb, a 4th string rb, and without our stud wr- we still have more wins after 2 weeks then you guys will after 7. (1 win).