PDA

View Full Version : Patriot fans burning Welkers jersey

DenBronx
03-16-2013, 01:44 PM
KaSCWDfmSPY&feature=player_embedded

I bet money one of them is WTE. Then they go back inside to play anything with Craft at the end of the video game title. WarCraft, StarCraft, MineCraft...ect. You get the picture. ;)

chazoe60
03-16-2013, 01:56 PM
Those idiots don't realize it was the Patriots fault that he's not a Patriot anymore? Patriot fans are so dumb. :laugh:

Dzone
03-16-2013, 02:01 PM
Bunch of psychos.
Way to waste a good shirt. There are people in Africa who dont have shirts

Ravage!!!
03-16-2013, 02:43 PM
*having memories of the Cutler days when Bronco "fans" did the same thing*

MNPatsFan
03-16-2013, 02:49 PM
Those idiots don't realize it was the Patriots fault that he's not a Patriot anymore? Patriot fans are so dumb. :laugh:Actually I believe both parties were at fault in this situation. Wes and his agent thought the market for him was going to be more lucrative and the Patriots didn't want to risk losing both Wes and Danny A so they moved fast to lock Danny up after they failed to reach agreement with Wes and his agent during their last ditch negotiations on Tuesday.

Sad day for the Patriots because I really like Wes. I don't own a Wes Welker jersey, but if I did I wouldn't burn it.

DenBronx
03-16-2013, 03:27 PM
And now they release Llyod, this just keeps getting better everyday.

The Pats are done like a Thanksgiving Turkey!

SR
03-16-2013, 03:28 PM
And now they release Llyod, this just keeps getting better everyday.

The Pats are done like a Thanksgiving Turkey!

But they signed Adrian Wilson so at least they upgraded one position

Ravage!!!
03-16-2013, 03:58 PM
Actually I believe both parties were at fault in this situation. Wes and his agent thought the market for him was going to be more lucrative and the Patriots didn't want to risk losing both Wes and Danny A so they moved fast to lock Danny up after they failed to reach agreement with Wes and his agent during their last ditch negotiations on Tuesday.

Sad day for the Patriots because I really like Wes. I don't own a Wes Welker jersey, but if I did I wouldn't burn it.

Wes had made it clear that he wanted to work out a long term contract with the Patriots for the last two seasons, and the Patriots kept screwing him around. Now that they knew he was leaving, they sign someone else knowing the fans will jump all over the "we don't need Wes, we have Danny now" bandwagon, and it worked perfectly. The fans are falling into the "this was the plan all along" mantra already.

BigDaddyBronco
03-16-2013, 03:59 PM
*having memories of the Cutler days when Bronco "fans" did the same thing*

I don't remember Welker saying the Patriots fans were a "4". **** Jay Cutler. Total douchebag.

Ravage!!!
03-16-2013, 04:02 PM
I don't remember Welker saying the Patriots fans were a "4". **** Jay Cutler. Total douchebag.

Hah.. that's not really what he said, but I find it funny that some fans try to take offense to such a simple comment. But that's for another thread.

The point being, is that chaz's and Dzone's comments in #1 and #2 post, could have been said then with the broncos.

WTE
03-16-2013, 04:44 PM
Wes had made it clear that he wanted to work out a long term contract with the Patriots for the last two seasons, and the Patriots kept screwing him around. Now that they knew he was leaving, they sign someone else knowing the fans will jump all over the "we don't need Wes, we have Danny now" bandwagon, and it worked perfectly. The fans are falling into the "this was the plan all along" mantra already.

Wes and his agent thought he was worth 3 at 24. They were wrong. Denver's offer proved that. NE understands the market. Ravage!!! does not.

DenBronx
03-16-2013, 04:47 PM
Wes and his agent thought he was worth 3 at 24. They were wrong. Denver's offer proved that. NE understands the market. Ravage!!! does not.

Not better than Denver though. They couldnt even give him the same offer 2/12 to stay. lol

DenBronx
03-16-2013, 05:23 PM
NE used to be a good team, until the NFL stopped them from spying.

Dzone
03-16-2013, 05:46 PM
Big difference between Cutler and Wexler.
burning Cutler is justifiable

WTE
03-16-2013, 05:51 PM
Not better than Denver though. They couldnt even give him the same offer 2/12 to stay. lol

NE had already moved on to Amendola at that point. You guys don't get it. NE is trying to get bigger, stronger, faster. I said this a month ago. They're too small on offense.

pipes
03-16-2013, 05:54 PM
Just think if we Bronco fans would've burned our Shannon Sharpe jerseys or Tyrone Braxton jerseys or Keith Traylor jerseys?
We'd have looked pretty silly.

He might go back to NE in a couple of years.
(Hopefully with a couple new rings too)

Magnificent Seven
03-16-2013, 05:56 PM

Welker's new jersey number? I found this at Denver Broncos pro shop online.

http://shop.denverbroncos.com/Denver_Broncos_Jerseys/Nike_Wes_Welker_Denver_Broncos_Game_Jersey_-_Orange

DenBronx
03-16-2013, 06:00 PM
NE had already moved on to Amendola at that point. You guys don't get it. NE is trying to get bigger, stronger, faster. I said this a month ago. They're too small on offense.

Stronger? Amendola stronger than Welker?? Dude gets hit once and is out for the year every year. Faster????

Just stop with the madness now...

WTE
03-16-2013, 06:01 PM
Wes should fire his agent like Elvis did.

#incompetence

slim
03-16-2013, 06:06 PM
Hey WTE, shut your ******* cok holster.

DenBronx
03-16-2013, 06:07 PM
Wes should fire his agent like Elvis did.

#incompetence

Why? All parties mutually agreed, all done in a timely manner. The only ones that got fired were the Pats cuz their deal sucked!

I just think Welker knew Brady would never win a SB for him. His chances are better with Manning now. :) :D:cool::welcome::listen::defense::elefant::salute :

Poet
03-17-2013, 06:42 PM

I've seen Amendola play. How exactly is he a big, strong and fast WR? He's not big, he's not weak but he's certainly not strong, and I doubt his forty time is much faster than Welker's. I know that his football speed is on par with Welker.

NightTerror218
03-18-2013, 10:26 AM
WTE keep telling yourself that when you offense is not the same. If Welker was not wanted they would not have offered 10 mill for two years. They wanted both BB tried to strong arm Seller and he is gone. BB is not going to be able to keep paying players under market value

Slick
03-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Tom Brady sure seemed like he was happy he got Danny instead of Wes.

PatriotsGuy
03-18-2013, 11:05 AM
Tom Brady sure seemed like he was happy he got Danny instead of Wes.

Did he? I haven't seen anything from him on this.

Slick
03-18-2013, 11:08 AM
Supposedly, sources close to Tom said he was irate, but I can't remember where I saw it, Pags.

PatriotsGuy
03-18-2013, 11:12 AM
Supposedly, sources close to Tom said he was irate, but I can't remember where I saw it, Pags.

Oh yeah I think I saw that but I never believe the "sources close to so and so" stories. Although I'm sure he wanted Wes to come back, but business is business.

NightTerror218
03-18-2013, 11:15 AM
Did he? I haven't seen anything from him on this.

some news things, http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000150457/article/report-tom-brady-source-irked-by-wes-welker-move

Tom E. Curran @tomecurran

Spoke to someone close to Tom Brady. Beyond enraged at contract details that netted Broncos Wes Welker. "Disgrace" "disservice" were used.

BroncoNut
03-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Hah.. that's not really what he said, but I find it funny that some fans try to take offense to such a simple comment. But that's for another thread.

The point being, is that chaz's and Dzone's comments in #1 and #2 post, could have been said then with the broncos.

I understand what you're saying Ravage. BDB just needs a diaper change

PatriotsGuy
03-18-2013, 11:49 AM
some news things, http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000150457/article/report-tom-brady-source-irked-by-wes-welker-move

Tom E. Curran @tomecurran

Spoke to someone close to Tom Brady. Beyond enraged at contract details that netted Broncos Wes Welker. "Disgrace" "disservice" were used.

Yeah I saw that. I think what happened is what WTE is saying, Welker's agent thought the market would be a lot higher for him. On Tuesday of last week the Patriots made their offer to Welker. On Wednesday morning Albert Breer tweeted this https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/311857607746928641 obviously in hindsight the offer wasn't "substantially lower" based on the Denver offer. My take is that his agent probably told the Patriots that the offer was substantially lower than they expected and then the Patriots went to plan B and signed Amendola on Tuesday. Wes was signed on Wednesday. Of course none of us will know the REAL truth until Wes retires and writes a book :D

I wish him well.

Ravage!!!
03-18-2013, 11:58 AM
Thtat's completely negating the fact thta the Patriots refused to sign Wes to a long term deal over the last 2 years of trying to work one out. To say that it just came down to the "free agency period"....is looking the other way as to how much Wes has already gone through with Bill in his matter.

I'm also betting that there would have been higher offers to Wes, but lets be real. Wes didn't want to move from Brady to Ponder (or the likes)..... he wanted to have a QB that is able to utilize his talents as well as deliver the ball. What better way to "get back" at Belicheck than to sign with Manning? If there is a way for Wes to make the Patriots pay for their decision, it would be with Manning and the Broncos and not with some "building" team that would never meet NE in the playoffs.

PatriotsGuy
03-18-2013, 12:00 PM
Thtat's completely negating the fact thta the Patriots refused to sign Wes to a long term deal over the last 2 years of trying to work one out. To say that it just came down to the "free agency period"....is looking the other way as to how much Wes has already gone through with Bill in his matter.

I'm also betting that there would have been higher offers to Wes, but lets be real. Wes didn't want to move from Brady to Ponder (or the likes)..... he wanted to have a QB that is able to utilize his talents as well as deliver the ball. What better way to "get back" at Belicheck than to sign with Manning? If there is a way for Wes to make the Patriots pay for their decision, it would be with Manning and the Broncos and not with some "building" team that would never meet NE in the playoffs.

I believe that they offered him 2 years @16 last year and he turned them down and so they franchised him. Your theory may be correct and so might mine. The fact is, neither of us will know until a few years down the road.

turftoad
03-18-2013, 12:04 PM

So..... You're saying that if we still had the likes of Tebow as our starter that we would have not landed Wes? Something the Teboners could never wrap their heads around.

Sorry to bring that up.

NightTerror218
03-18-2013, 12:07 PM
Yeah I saw that. I think what happened is what WTE is saying, Welker's agent thought the market would be a lot higher for him. On Tuesday of last week the Patriots made their offer to Welker. On Wednesday morning Albert Breer tweeted this https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/311857607746928641 obviously in hindsight the offer wasn't "substantially lower" based on the Denver offer. My take is that his agent probably told the Patriots that the offer was substantially lower than they expected and then the Patriots went to plan B and signed Amendola on Tuesday. Wes was signed on Wednesday. Of course none of us will know the REAL truth until Wes retires and writes a book :D

I wish him well.

I think the was offered lower then what Broncos offered. He gave Pats a chance to match and they said final offer $10 mill/2 yr prob figuring that they had home field advantage with him. But Pats always treated him bad, not wanting to give him a long term contract and messing with him with 1-2 yr deals. From what I heard he was offered more from i think the Titans then what Broncos offered but he wanted to win a SB and go to a contender. BB has only loyalty to Brady, he low balls players under market value all the time using the "contender" phrase all the time. I do not think Amendola can take the punishment that Welker took in the middle of the field, or get any where close to the yardage he got after the catch. He led the league 2 years in the row in that category, not to mention since 2007 he has been the top WR in that category except 2010. That says a lot about his ability to get yardage.

PatriotsGuy
03-18-2013, 12:12 PM
IBB has only loyalty to Brady, he low balls players under market value all the time using the "contender" phrase all the time.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/08/rob-gronkowski-contract-extension-patriots_n_1581409.html

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8306183/new-england-patriots-tight-end-aaron-hernandez-agree-extension-sources-say

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4699733/logan-mankins-contract-details

WTE
03-18-2013, 02:23 PM
Bob Kraft just set the record straight at the League Meetings in Pheonix.

Said everyone in the organization wanted Wes back, including Bill.

Said Patriots offered more than Denver.

Said Denver's deal is basically a one year contract.

Said Denver might cut him after a year.

Kraft blamed Wes' agent for everything and called it a "miscalculation of value" in playing poker by Welker's reps

PatriotsGuy
03-18-2013, 02:28 PM
Bob Kraft just set the record straight at the League Meetings in Pheonix.

Said everyone in the organization wanted Wes back, including Bill.

Said Denver's deal is basically a one year contract.

Said Denver might cut him after a year.

Kraft blamed Wes' agent for everything and called it a "miscalculation of value" in playing poker by Welker's reps

So then why did he sign with Denver

WTE
03-18-2013, 02:31 PM
So then why did he sign with Denver

Another mistake by a dumb agent. Speaking of dumb agents did you hear the Patriots have an interest in Dumervil?

PatriotsGuy
03-18-2013, 02:33 PM
Another mistake by a dumb agent. Speaking of dumb agents did you hear the Patriots have an interest in Dumervil?

I did hear that.

PatriotsGuy
03-18-2013, 02:34 PM

Oh and I was asking because of this point

WTE
03-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Oh and I was asking because of this point

Kraft was referring to a 2 year offer w/ incentives which Wes' agent turned down thinking the market was higher. Kraft said this offer was better than Denver's but at that point NE turned to their 2nd choice Amendola.

PatriotsGuy
03-18-2013, 02:41 PM
Kraft was referring to a 2 year offer w/ incentives which Wes' agent turned down thinking the market was higher. Kraft said this offer was better than Denver's but at that point NE turned to their 2nd choice Amendola.

Oh right the one with the incentives that it was reported Welkers camp thought weren't attainable. I've heard that at least 2 million of it was so...

PatriotsGuy
03-18-2013, 02:56 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4741199/kraft-welker-was-our-first-choice

There you go

“Wednesday, I personally got a call from Wes and he told me about this offer from Denver. He called Bill as well. We met and we chatted. We have a lot of people, we’ve committed a lot of money to this inside position – you have Gronk, you have Hernandez, you have Danny [Amendola] now – it was just unfortunately a little bit too late.

So Wes chose Denver because it was the best choice left to him. I got it.

WTE
03-18-2013, 03:20 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4741199/kraft-welker-was-our-first-choice

There you go

So Wes chose Denver because it was the best choice left to him. I got it.

My my my. Looks like everything I said was right and everything GEM and Ravage!!! said was wrong.

Army Bronco
03-18-2013, 03:27 PM
Pags, Wte, i know its a late question but..What do you think of Suggs comment about how every team hates the pats...and its not because they are a good team, so dont give me that BS. Im just curious of what you guys think.

PatriotsGuy
03-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Pags, Wte, i know its a late question but..What do you think of Suggs comment about how every team hates the pats...and its not because they are a good team, so dont give me that BS. Im just curious of what you guys think.

Suggs is a retard, I'll listen to Ed Reed before I listen to him

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2013/01/reed_clarifies.html

WTE
03-18-2013, 03:32 PM

I could care less what a guy who held a bottle of bleach over the head of his wife and 1 yr old son has to say about the Patriots.

weazel
03-18-2013, 05:36 PM
burning jerseys is wikkid assum

Army Bronco
03-18-2013, 05:54 PM

I could care less what a guy who held a bottle of bleach over the head of his wife and 1 yr old son has to say about the Patriots. Say what? Serious???

WTE
03-18-2013, 06:22 PM
Say what? Serious???

Absolutely serious. It's all right here. But I was wrong about one thing. He didn't just hold the bottle of bleach over his wife and 1 yr old's son's head, he actually spilled some on them.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2009-12-08/sports/bal-sp.md.ci.suggs08dec08_1_suggs-fiancee-order-friday-requiring-suggs-suggs-agent

So now I ask you ArmyBronco, Do you give a shit about anything Terrell Suggs has to say anymore?

NightTerror218
03-18-2013, 06:34 PM
I did not know Wes Welker was that important to the Pats success. I mean this is Lebron James leaving Clevland kinda thing going on here burning the jerseys. NE must be in disarray.

WTE
03-18-2013, 06:50 PM
I did not know Wes Welker was that important to the Pats success. I mean this is Lebron James leaving Clevland kinda thing going on here burning the jerseys. NE must be in disarray.

It has been difficult. Welker is the best. He should have stayed in NE. I can guarantee he won't have the same success in Denver. Who wants to take me on in a bet?

Army Bronco
03-18-2013, 07:05 PM
Say what? Serious???

Absolutely serious. It's all right here. But I was wrong about one thing. He didn't just hold the bottle of bleach over his wife and 1 yr old's son's head, he actually spilled some on them.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2009-12-08/sports/bal-sp.md.ci.suggs08dec08_1_suggs-fiancee-order-friday-requiring-suggs-suggs-agent

So now I ask you ArmyBronco, Do you give a shit about anything Terrell Suggs has to say anymore? Never did just asking what you thought. I dont care what most athletes think. I shook hands with a couple of men who endured a 70 mile march of hell and were prisoners of war held by the Japanese army yesterday. I care what these heroes think.

NightTerror218
03-18-2013, 07:15 PM
It has been difficult. Welker is the best. He should have stayed in NE. I can guarantee he won't have the same success in Denver. Who wants to take me on in a bet?

I will not take that bet. I know because he has to compete with 2 other 1000 yard receivers now. NE did not have that.

shank
03-19-2013, 07:18 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000151816/article/wes-welkers-representatives-respond-to-robert-kraft

Wes personally talked to Mr. Kraft to give the Patriots the opportunity to match it. The Patriots rejected this opportunity and Wes signed with the Denver Broncos

MOtorboat
03-19-2013, 07:31 AM
I could care less what a guy who held a bottle of bleach over the head of his wife and 1 yr old son has to say about the Patriots.

I always wonder at the logic of, "he possibly committed a crime four years ago, so I'm not going to believe something he said relating to his job in professional sports."

Now, before you say I'm condoning what he supposedly did (which is what will happen next), I am not. The two things are non-sequiturs.

WTE
03-19-2013, 07:47 AM
I will not take that bet. I know because he has to compete with 2 other 1000 yard receivers now. NE did not have that.

NE could have had that but instead it was just Wes and I think that's one of the reasons the Patriots did not go out of their way to keep him.

Wes was Brady's binky. On passing plays I would quite often see guys like Hernandez, Branch and Lloyd wide open and deeper downfield than Welker yet Brady would force the ball underneath to Wes in coverage.

The Patriots were getting too predictable. Good defenses knew they just had to clog the middle against NE. If Belichick took away Brady's safety net it might force him to have more confidence in his other receivers.

PatriotsGuy
03-19-2013, 07:56 AM
I always wonder at the logic of, "he possibly committed a crime four years ago, so I'm not going to believe something he said relating to his job in professional sports."

Now, before you say I'm condoning what he supposedly did (which is what will happen next), I am not. The two things are non-sequiturs.

Wow, way to condone psychotic criminal behavior Mo.

chazoe60
03-19-2013, 08:18 AM
Patriot fans hierarchy of teams pre 2002

Red Sox>>>>>>>Celtics>>>>>>Bruins>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Patriots

WTE
03-19-2013, 08:30 AM
Patriot fans hierarchy of teams pre 2002

Red Sox>>>>>>>Celtics>>>>>>Bruins>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Patriots

I don't know about that. I think I've watched about 95% of their games for more than 30 years.

But, prior to Gilette being built NE had BY FAR the worst stadium in the NFL. It was awful. Extremely uncomfortable aluminum bleachers throughout entire stadium. You can't blame the fans one bit for not wanting to go there.

Plus, there was plenty of excitement in 1976 when NE got burned by a make-believe roughing the passer against Ray Hamilton. A penalty thrown by douche-bag Denver native Ben Dreith.

There was plenty of excitement when NE played the Bears in the Super Bowl in 1985 and again in 1997 against GB.

NE fans always cared about their Patriots, they just didn't care for that shit-hole of a stadium.

PatriotsGuy
03-19-2013, 08:38 AM
I've only followed them religiously since 1991. I sat in that stadium, it blew.

WTE
03-19-2013, 08:46 AM
I've only followed them religiously since 1991. I sat in that stadium, it blew.

1991 was one of their worst years ever. NE drafted horrible players. You could walk up to that stadium on gameday and offer a scalper $10 for a ticket and he'd have no choice but to accept it.

PatriotsGuy
03-19-2013, 08:53 AM
1991 was one of their worst years ever.

I know :yuck:

NightTerror218
03-19-2013, 11:46 AM
The Wes Welker thing is going down as he said she said. Kraft trying to make him and Pats look good. Welkers agents making themselves not look like bad guys based on Kraft comments about them.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9069558/wes-welker-agency-says-new-england-patriots-made-take-leave-offer

weazel
03-19-2013, 11:48 AM
Welker just knew there was no chance at winning a superbowl in New England after the Spygate era

PatriotsGuy
03-19-2013, 11:51 AM
Welker just knew there was no chance at winning a superbowl in New England after the Spygate era

lol

slim
03-19-2013, 11:57 AM
Extremely uncomfortable aluminum bleachers throughout entire stadium. You can't blame the fans one bit for not wanting to go there.

NE fans always cared about their Patriots, they just didn't care for that shit-hole of a stadium.

LOL, what a bunch of fags.

WTE
03-19-2013, 12:21 PM
LOL, what a bunch of fags.

and the aluminum bleachers made my ass very cold.

weazel
03-19-2013, 12:28 PM

quit whining about a cold butthole and send me a lobster roll...

claymore
03-19-2013, 12:29 PM

With all the abuse your ass has taken over the years Im suprised this is what you complain about. :eek:

PatriotsGuy
03-19-2013, 02:50 PM
Did you guys see how WTE just took that?

claymore
03-19-2013, 02:53 PM
Did you guys see how WTE just took that?

Just another day in the life of a hearty NE'er.

WTE
03-19-2013, 03:07 PM
I thought it was funny and did not have as clever a comeback.

MNPatsFan
03-20-2013, 10:02 AM
The Wes Welker thing is going down as he said she said. Kraft trying to make him and Pats look good. Welkers agents making themselves not look like bad guys based on Kraft comments about them.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/9069558/wes-welker-agency-says-new-england-patriots-made-take-leave-offerOf course the agent(s) are going to say that in order to cover their asses and not have their mistaken appraisal as to what WW would get on the open market hurt them in obtaining and retaining clients.

Similarly, the agent for Dumerville (sp?) has hired an attorney in order to cover his ass. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9072830/elvis-dumervil-ex-agent-marty-magid-hires-lawyer

Ravage!!!
03-20-2013, 10:17 AM
Even Clayton pointed out that Kraft hAS to be counting the "incentives" in their offer to be considered "more money" than Denver...because without them its not. Welker wasn't appreciated from Belicheck, and didn't feel wanted by the Patriots, and their offer was incentive laden. Considering he's caught over 100 passes the last 5 years in a row, that's a pretty lame thing to do to the guy. Welker went for the offer that paid him more money, and I'm sure the feelings that Belicheck didn't exactly reach out to him had a lot to do with it as well.

NightTerror218
03-20-2013, 11:10 AM
Of course the agent(s) are going to say that in order to cover their asses and not have their mistaken appraisal as to what WW would get on the open market hurt them in obtaining and retaining clients.

Similarly, the agent for Dumerville (sp?) has hired an attorney in order to cover his ass. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9072830/elvis-dumervil-ex-agent-marty-magid-hires-lawyer

And of course Kraft will say whatever he has to calm the storm with the fans. Its he said she said. Both sides know what actually happened and they are both telling different stories to look good.

chazoe60
03-20-2013, 11:24 AM
Screw Bob Kraft, he's a douche.

PatriotsGuy
03-20-2013, 12:00 PM
Yeah no

turftoad
03-20-2013, 12:07 PM
Screw Bob Kraft, he's a douche.

And what the hell was that shit on his face in the interviews from the owners meetings??? Looked like his face was falling off.

NightTerror218
03-20-2013, 12:12 PM
And what the hell was that shit on his face in the interviews from the owners meetings??? Looked like his face was falling off.

he has melanoma

http://titletownsportsnetwork.com/2013/03/19/kraft-diagnosed-with-melanoma/

MNPatsFan
03-20-2013, 01:13 PM
Even Clayton pointed out that Kraft hAS to be counting the "incentives" in their offer to be considered "more money" than Denver...because without them its not. Welker wasn't appreciated from Belicheck, and didn't feel wanted by the Patriots, and their offer was incentive laden. Considering he's caught over 100 passes the last 5 years in a row, that's a pretty lame thing to do to the guy. Welker went for the offer that paid him more money, and I'm sure the feelings that Belicheck didn't exactly reach out to him had a lot to do with it as well.WRONG! The Patriots offer to Welker would have paid him $8 million in the first year of the two year agreement, while the Broncos ONLY pays him $6 million the first year. Welker would have received a $4 million signing bonus and a $4 million 2013 base salary with the Patriots for a total pay out of $8 million in 2013, but he only receives a $4 million signing bonus and a $2 million 2013 base salary with the Broncos for a total pay out of $6 million in 2013. So tell me how "incentives" are being counted for the Patriots offer to be considered "more money" in 2013. The incentives are what could have raised Welker's total compensation under the Patriots' offer to $16 million for the two years vs the potential $12 million compensation he can receive if he remains with the Broncos for the two years, which is likely, but not guaranteed.

Moreover, Welker's representatives insisted on at least a $15 million signing bonus in every offer and counter offer they made to the Patriots. When Welker's representatives turned down the Patriots' 2-year contract offer last Tuesday, the Patriots made the decision to move on when the first day of free agency arrived and signed Danny A. so that they didn't end up with neither Welker nor Danny A. Thus, when Welker came back to the Patriots to give them the opportunity to match the Broncos' offer, the Patriots had to turn him down because they had already reached the agreement with Danny A.

MNPatsFan
03-20-2013, 01:20 PM
Screw Bob Kraft, he's a douche.:tsk:
This statement demonstrates that you are extremely ignorant and clueless. There are a number of NFL owners who are douches, but Bob Kraft isn't one of them. Shit, he was critical and instrumental in negotiating a settlement to the NFL vs NFPA dispute two summers ago WHILE his wife was dying of cancer. A number of the players and NFLPA representatives raved about his class, commitment and sacrifice, but to you he is a douche simply because he owns the Patriots.:rolleyes:

NightTerror218
03-20-2013, 01:23 PM
WRONG! The Patriots offer to Welker would have paid him $8 million in the first year of the two year agreement, while the Broncos ONLY pays him $6 million the first year. Welker would have received a $4 million signing bonus and a $4 million 2013 base salary with the Patriots for a total pay out of $8 million in 2013, but he only receives a $4 million signing bonus and a $2 million 2013 base salary with the Broncos for a total pay out of $6 million in 2013. So tell me how "incentives" are being counted for the Patriots offer to be considered "more money" in 2013. The incentives are what could have raised Welker's total compensation under the Patriots' offer to $16 million for the two years vs the potential $12 million compensation he can receive if he remains with the Broncos for the two years, which is likely, but not guaranteed.

Moreover, Welker's representatives insisted on at least a $15 million signing bonus in every offer and counter offer they made to the Patriots. When Welker's representatives turned down the Patriots' 2-year contract offer last Tuesday, the Patriots made the decision to move on when the first day of free agency arrived and signed Danny A. so that they didn't end up with neither Welker nor Danny A. Thus, when Welker came back to the Patriots to give them the opportunity to match the Broncos' offer, the Patriots had to turn him down because they had already reached the agreement with Danny A.

Welker was offered $10 mill 2 year from Pats with possibility of getting more through incentives. You do not know what those incentives were. Nor do you actually know what the truth is about the offers, since all sides are coming out with different stories.

MNPatsFan
03-20-2013, 01:28 PM
Welker was offered $10 mill 2 year from Pats with possibility of getting more through incentives. You do not know what those incentives were. Nor do you actually know what the truth is about the offers, since all sides are coming out with different stories.True but it has been confirmed that Welker would have been paid $8 Million ($4 million in singing bonus and $4 million in salary) for 2013. We don't know, however, what the incentives were and/or how easily they would be attained in order to boost Welker's total compensation from the $10 million to $16 million.

chazoe60
03-20-2013, 01:59 PM
:tsk:
This statement demonstrates that you are extremely ignorant and clueless. There are a number of NFL owners who are douches, but Bob Kraft isn't one of them. Shit, he was critical and instrumental in negotiating a settlement to the NFL vs NFPA dispute two summers ago WHILE his wife was dying of cancer. A number of the players and NFLPA representatives raved about his class, commitment and sacrifice, but to you he is a douche simply because he owns the Patriots.:rolleyes:
You are ignorant and clueless, Bob Kraft is a complete douche, bag and nozzle.

weazel
03-20-2013, 05:54 PM
GayMan

http://highfiverson.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/patriots-fan.jpg

GEM
03-21-2013, 04:52 PM
WRONG! The Patriots offer to Welker would have paid him $8 million in the first year of the two year agreement, while the Broncos ONLY pays him $6 million the first year. Welker would have received a $4 million signing bonus and a $4 million 2013 base salary with the Patriots for a total pay out of $8 million in 2013, but he only receives a $4 million signing bonus and a $2 million 2013 base salary with the Broncos for a total pay out of $6 million in 2013. So tell me how "incentives" are being counted for the Patriots offer to be considered "more money" in 2013. The incentives are what could have raised Welker's total compensation under the Patriots' offer to $16 million for the two years vs the potential $12 million compensation he can receive if he remains with the Broncos for the two years, which is likely, but not guaranteed.

So Welker CHOSE Denver over the db's in NE. :D

GEM
03-21-2013, 04:53 PM
GayMan

http://highfiverson.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/patriots-fan.jpg

Cap'n Amerifag

TXBRONC
03-23-2013, 07:31 PM

You're not really being all that insightful. He'll be flanked by Thomas and Decker so obviously he's not to put the same kind numbers.