PDA

View Full Version : QB race is over in Denver

Magnificent Seven
08-26-2009, 04:40 PM
Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

For those who were hoping that Chris Simms would leapfrog Kyle Orton and start the regular season at quarterback for the Denver Broncos, forget it.

Simms has a high-ankle sprain and will miss the next 2-4 weeks. High-ankle sprains are tricky and often the recovery time is at the bigger end of the estimate. Thus, Simms would have trouble being ready for Denver's season opener at Cincinnati on Sept. 13.

The Broncos weren't allowing it to become a race. After throwing interceptions on his first three series of the preseason opener, Orton got all the first team repetitions in practice and played extensively in the second preseason game at Seattle. Orton did show some improvements in that game and the coaching staff made it clear he would be given every chance to prove he can handle the starting job.

Now, there is absolutely no drama in the situation. Simms will be shelved and Orton is the guy in Denver to start the season.

It also means sixth-round pick Tom Brandstater may be the backup quarterback at the start of the season if Simms isn't quite healthy. Because Simms will be back fairly soon, Denver may not sign another quarterback in the meantime.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/3037/qb-race-is-over-in-denver

Simple Jaded
08-26-2009, 05:35 PM
Simms had exactly zero chance of taking the job away from McDaniels pet project even before his injury, regardless of how well he played.......

nbenallo33
08-26-2009, 05:36 PM
it was Orton's job all the way

claymore
08-26-2009, 05:37 PM
Simms had exactly zero chance of taking the job away from McDaniels pet project even before his injury, regardless of how well he played.......

Im pretty sure I predicted this before the seattle game.

Dortoh
08-26-2009, 05:42 PM
it was Orton's job all the way

How can you go wrong with a bidextrous qb anyway.

Overtime
08-26-2009, 05:44 PM
McDaniels has to start Orton because of the money Orton's making this year, end story.

stupid decision, but it is what is...(and it's gonna be uglier than starting at Rosie O'Donnell's fat ass on tv for that matter).

claymore
08-26-2009, 05:45 PM
McDaniels has to start Orton because of the money Orton's making this year, end story.

stupid decision, but it is what is...(and it's gonna be uglier than starting at Rosie O'Donnell's fat ass on tv for that matter).

Orton makes less than simms. like 900k or something.

T.K.O.
08-26-2009, 07:09 PM

well i still think we will get more td's for the dollar than we did last year !!!!
and orton makes very little for a guy with a 22-12 record !!!:salute:

claymore
08-27-2009, 06:56 AM
well i still think we will get more td's for the dollar than we did last year !!!!
and orton makes very little for a guy with a 22-12 record !!!:salute:

And Grossman gave tham a 19-11. The fact is the bears had a great defense and Special teams. They owe more games to Hester than either of those QB's.

That is why neither of those QB's are on their roster.

CoachChaz
08-27-2009, 07:17 AM
And Grossman gave tham a 19-11. The fact is the bears had a great defense and Special teams. They owe more games to Hester than either of those QB's.

That is why neither of those QB's are on their roster.

I love ya man...and that's why I have to say PLEASE stop with the "I'll find any insane thing I can type simply because I can't stand McD for reasons i dont know" propaganda.

ST won more games than a QB? Are you kidding me?

claymore
08-27-2009, 07:22 AM
I love ya man...and that's why I have to say PLEASE stop with the "I'll find any insane thing I can type simply because I can't stand McD for reasons i dont know" propaganda.

I would say Hester singlehandedly won more games than Orton Or Grossman.

claymore
08-27-2009, 07:22 AM

And I love you 2. <3

CoachChaz
08-27-2009, 07:30 AM
And I love you 2. <3

Hope so...I did adopt you

claymore
08-27-2009, 07:32 AM
Hope so...I did adopt you

I didiint see that. :salute:

CoachChaz
08-27-2009, 07:46 AM
I didiint see that. :salute:

Well...I tried not to advertise it too much. It's like when you're in line at Wal-Mart and your 2-year old decides that's when he wants to suddenly repeat every bad word he ever heard you say...loudly.

Eventually, you just turn your back and act like you dont know whose kid it is.

claymore
08-27-2009, 08:11 AM
well...i tried not to advertise it too much. It's like when you're in line at wal-mart and your 2-year old decides that's when he wants to suddenly repeat every bad word he ever heard you say...loudly.

Eventually, you just turn your back and act like you dont know whose kid it is.

lmao!

Dirk
08-27-2009, 08:27 AM
Hey Clay...not to change the subject...but I was just curious. Every since you put that animated .gif on your sig I have wanted to ask....why do you want to degrade Stokely like that? I mean...I agree that he didn't make a hard enough effort for that ball but give the guy a break.

:D

claymore
08-27-2009, 09:15 AM
Hey Clay...not to change the subject...but I was just curious. Every since you put that animated .gif on your sig I have wanted to ask....why do you want to degrade Stokely like that? I mean...I agree that he didn't make a hard enough effort for that ball but give the guy a break.

:D

He is just another innocent casualty in this mess. :(

BigDaddyBronco
08-27-2009, 09:27 AM
So clay, I've been thinking. Maybe you should change your name to Zammore and can rail on McDaniels for the next 12 years. I think that would be healthy.

Dortoh
08-27-2009, 09:33 AM
So clay, I've been thinking. Maybe you should change your name to Zammore and can rail on McDaniels for the next 12 years. I think that would be healthy.

12 years huh

Dirk
08-27-2009, 01:43 PM

No no bro...you are missing the point!

KO in his competative spirit and ability to win games....gave Stokes a chance to put them up by 6 more points (possibly 7) if only Stokes would have put forth a bit more effort. :tsk:

Dirk
08-27-2009, 01:44 PM
And there was no sarcasm in that last post.

Thnikkaman
08-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Haters.

NameUsedBefore
08-27-2009, 02:55 PM
I would say with 100% confidence that Hester won the Bears more games than either of those QBs. Not just his TDs, which did win games explicitly, but also his ability to turn field position to the Bears favor in a very lopsided manner. When teams were no longer punting to him they were cutting 10, 20 yards and more on bad punts off the field to get the ball away from him.

Day1BroncoFan
08-27-2009, 02:57 PM
Look what Hester did to us.

We should make sure he gets the ball on kickoffs again Sunday and see what happens. :mad:

claymore
08-27-2009, 03:00 PM
No no bro...you are missing the point!

KO in his competative spirit and ability to win games....gave Stokes a chance to put them up by 6 more points (possibly 7) if only Stokes would have put forth a bit more effort. :tsk:

If his achiles was a 100% he makes that play.

claymore
08-27-2009, 03:01 PM
Look what Hester did to us.

We should make sure he gets the ball on kickoffs again Sunday and see what happens. :mad:

If we do that, we will never see Cutler. Good call.