PDA

View Full Version : Chris Harris tops Broncos’ performance bonus payouts

Denver Native (Carol)
03-14-2013, 06:02 PM
NFL teams are distributing $3.4 million worth of performance-based bonuses from the 2012 season. The Broncos gave bonuses to 59 players who were with them on their roster at some point in 2012. The bonus distribution to each player is based on formula involving playing time and salary they made. The more a guy played, and the less he was paid computed to larger bonuses.

For a guy like cornerback Chris Harris, the bonus was substantial — 53.9 percent of his salary. The bonus in fact, bumped Harris over Eric Decker and Zane Beadles in total compensation. For a guy like Peyton Manning, the performance bonus is walking around money.

The $3.4 million payouts per team is part of the NFL benefit program. When players look at the salary cap, they only the $123 million in payroll. When management views the salary cap, they see $147 million — $123 million in salary and another $24 million per team in benefits. The $3.4 million is part of the $24 million in benefits.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/03/14/chris-harris-tops-broncos/18884/

dogfish
03-14-2013, 06:08 PM
i hear he's still waiting for his hat and t-shirt, though. . .

DenBronx
03-14-2013, 07:27 PM
Chris Harris...one of my fav Broncos.

Underated too. Hes going to outplay DRC....just get ready for that.

Simple Jaded
03-14-2013, 10:20 PM
His bonus almost matches his 40 time. He could give Rich Eison a run for his money.......

Jsteve01
03-14-2013, 10:33 PM
His bonus almost matches his 40 time. He could give Rich Eison a run for his money.......

lol you can't let that die can you. He did run 4.4s at his pro day which probably equates to 4.5s but whatever.

Simple Jaded
03-14-2013, 10:44 PM
lol you can't let that die can you. He did run 4.4s at his pro day which probably equates to 4.5s but whatever.

The scouts timing him must not know how to read a sundial.......

Jsteve01
03-14-2013, 10:47 PM
epic

Dzone
03-14-2013, 10:55 PM
He is still making $4.3 million less than the DRC...Maybe This will motivate him to outplay the new guy

DenBronx
03-14-2013, 11:59 PM
He is still making $4.3 million less than the DRC...Maybe This will motivate him to outplay the new guy

Just gives Harris a bigger chip on his shoulder now. My uncle is Harris pastor and I get to hear alot about him. All I can say is this kid is ready to take it to the next level.

Joel
03-15-2013, 11:49 PM
He earned it, and more. If I could say as much for the rest (read: any) of our DBs we'd still be celebrating our latest championship and Ray Lewis would be knifing people to vent his frustration. Assuming, of course, the Super Bowl wasn't decided the day he announced his retirement. ;)

Congrats to Harris, regardless, and here's looking forward to more of the same. These days it's very hard to find CBs who both cover AND tackle well, but he's one of the few, and still on the upward slope of his career. It should be fun to watch if he stays healthy, but more fun the longer he stays a Bronco.