PDA

View Full Version : Kiszla: Give John Elway credit for landing Wes Welker for Peyton Manning

Denver Native (Carol)
03-14-2013, 10:22 AM
John Elway is 52 years old, walks on an artificial left knee and hasn't played football since Bill Clinton was president. But Elway can still beat the snot out of New England quarterback Tom Brady.

In fact, Elway just did. Hurts, doesn't it, Mr. Brady?

Touchdown, Broncos.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_22783785/kiszla-give-john-elway-credit-landing-wes-welker

broncofaninfla
03-14-2013, 11:58 AM
When he first hired on there were a lot of doubts that Elway could suceed at this capacity but he's more than proven he's capable. I'd put him in the top 5 for current GM's in the league.

Poet
03-14-2013, 01:13 PM
He's a hoss.

Northman
03-14-2013, 01:44 PM
He's a hoss.

Like a boss.

DenBronx
03-14-2013, 02:26 PM
Hes a boss hoss

not top 5....hes the leagues best

The Glue Factory
03-14-2013, 02:35 PM
When he first hired on there were a lot of doubts that Elway could suceed at this capacity but he's more than proven he's capable. I'd put him in the top 5 for current GM's in the league.

I had absolutely no doubt whatsoever that he was the right man for that job. Nobody bothered to look into his ownership of the Denver Crush (co-owned with Pat Bowlen) and the success he had there. After the first year he fired the HC and brought in the coach that led the Crush to be dominant in the arena league until the league folded.

broncofaninfla
03-14-2013, 03:08 PM
I felt he was the best man for the job as well but he's exceeded my optimistic expectations in how quick he turned this team around. He took a VERY bad Mcdouche team and built a Super Bowl contender in two years and brought excitment back to the fan base not only for the team we currently have but for the teams future. My orange blinders want to say he's the best BUT right now I'd have to go with Baalke as the best current GM in the NFL. I'll say he's in the top 5 but still my favorite and the best man to run teh show for the Denver Broncos.