PDA

View Full Version : Cutler has good things to say about McDaniels

Lonestar
08-26-2009, 02:01 PM
By ARNIE STAPLETON, AP Sports Writer
41 minutes ago

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP)—Now that they’ve been separated for five months, Bears quarterback Jay Cutler(notes) has high praise for Broncos rookie coach Josh McDaniels, whom he’ll see in a preseason game at Invesco Field this weekend.

Cutler says in the brief time he spent with McDaniels he could tell the Bill Belichick disciple was an offensive mastermind. Cutler adds that the Broncos are in good hands with McDaniels and quarterback Kyle Orton(notes).

The Broncos traded Cutler to Chicago for Orton and three draft picks in April after Cutler’s rift with McDaniels became irreparable.

Cutler says he doesn’t want to rehash the details of their ugly divorce, but he feels both sides are happier now that they’re apart.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-cutlersreturn&prov=ap&type=lgns

claymore
08-26-2009, 02:04 PM
Thanks Jay. :rolleyes:

Lonestar
08-26-2009, 02:05 PM
By Jeff Legwold
The Denver Post

Posted: 08/26/2009 11:56:25 AM MDT
Updated: 08/26/2009 12:03:49 PM MDT

A marquee player, a first-year head coach, a trade, the he-said, the name-calling, the fan outrage, the primetime network television audience, it's all there, so it's almost a shame Sunday's return of Jay Cutler to Invesco Field at Mile High is only a preseason game between the Broncos and Chicago Bears.

But Cutler, who made his first Pro Bowl last season as the Broncos quarterback, said today he looks to move on.

"It's a preseason game, we've got to kind of keep that in perspective," Cutler said.

Cutler was dealt to the Bears earlier this year in an acrimonious split between the guy Broncos owner Pat Bowlen had once anointed worthy of consulting on the team's coaching search and the guy Bowlen eventually picked

to be the new head coach in Josh McDaniels.

"I think both sides would change certain things, go about it a different way," Cutler said. "But both sides are happy now and we're moving on I'm not getting into specifics, and I'm sure they're not either. It happened, it's over with and we're both moving a different direction."

Cutler has played to rave reviews in Chicago, getting plenty of national attention even as the Windy City media gave daily practice updates in training camp, including how Cutler threw in 7-on-7 drills.

He said he fully expects those in the seats Sunday night to take out their frustrations on him when he takes the field. Cutler said he's ready for the boos to rain down, even as one Boulder sports bar is going as far as holding a Cutler jersey burning event Saturday afternoon.

"I would guess that, I think it should be expected," Cutler said. "They're good fans there and we kind of left, it wasn't the best situation, that should be expected."

But Cutler repeatedly said he didn't "want to go into specifics about what they said, what I said" and tried to put a period on the end of all of the talk that has surrounded his trade in the months since.

"It's done and it's

Chicago Bears' Jay Cutler on August 15, 2009. (AP | David Duprey)over with," Cutler said. "At the end of the day we both felt it was better to go in different directions and both sides are happy."

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_13207740?source=rss

Post Poll - Cutler's Return
Wil you be inclined to boo or cheer when Jay Cutler returns to Denver for Sunday night's Bears-Broncos game?
Total Votes = 446
Boo
56.05 %
Cheer
20.62 %
Neither
18.83 %
Won't be watching
4.484 %

GEM
08-26-2009, 02:23 PM
Thanks for your imput Jay. Quit talking about the Broncos and pay attention to the Bears. It's nice you are trying to act like an adult now, too bad you couldn't 7 mos ago.

Ravage!!!
08-26-2009, 02:33 PM
If they would quit asking him about the Broncos, he would quit talking about them. Weird how that works.

Also hard to believe a 4th year QB would mature. Weird how that works as well.

GEM
08-26-2009, 02:37 PM
The minute he hopped the plane to CHI he matured. :lol: Convenient.

Nothing forcing him to answer. If it were me, I'd say...I'm not with the Broncos, if you want to talk about the Bears I'm all ears. That's REAL maturity.

Ravage!!!
08-26-2009, 02:42 PM
the "no comment" replies end up being interpreted to be anything you want.

If he was asked "Hey Jay, are there any hard feelings between you and McDaniels?" and his comment was " No comment, if you want to talk about the Bears I'm all ears".... how would you have interpreted that? Everyone would have taken that as there still being hard feelings.

Then he would get griped at for 'harboring' hard feelings.

claymore
08-26-2009, 02:55 PM
Thanks for your imput Jay. Quit talking about the Broncos and pay attention to the Bears. It's nice you are trying to act like an adult now, too bad you couldn't 7 mos ago.

I want to see how mature McD is about it.

GEM
08-26-2009, 03:02 PM
the "no comment" replies end up being interpreted to be anything you want.

If he was asked "Hey Jay, are there any hard feelings between you and McDaniels?" and his comment was " No comment, if you want to talk about the Bears I'm all ears".... how would you have interpreted that? Everyone would have taken that as there still being hard feelings.

Then he would get griped at for 'harboring' hard feelings.

No, I would take it that he's moved on and doesn't need to talk about it anymore.

GEM
08-26-2009, 03:02 PM
I want to see how mature McD is about it.

I haven't seen McDaniels say anything in the media about it. MATURITY.

claymore
08-26-2009, 03:04 PM
I haven't seen McDaniels say anything in the media about it. MATURITY.

When he does, he refers to him as the quarterback. And he has never accepted responsibility.

GEM
08-26-2009, 03:06 PM
When he does, he refers to him as the quarterback. And he has never accepted responsibility.

Clay, he referred to him as that back in January. He's moved on.

From Denver Post article:

Denver Broncos first-year coach Josh McDaniels said Sunday's game against the Chicago Bears carries no extra meaning, despite the return of quarterback Jay Cutler.

The public rift between the rookie coach and Pro Bowl quarterback ultimately resulted in Cutler being traded with a draft pick to the Bears for quarterback Kyle Orton and draft picks.

The Bears visit Denver on Sunday night.

"No, it is just another great opportunity for us to fix things that we haven't done well," McDaniels said Tuesday, when asked if the game carried extra significance. "We are trying to go out there and fix some things that we made mistakes on [against] Seattle today.

"This game is another step in our process of getting ready for the regular season. If you try to make too much of the game or the opponent in the preseason, I think you are kind of missing the point. The point is it is an opportunity for us to go out there and improve, and that is what we are going to treat it as."
__________________________________________________ __________________

He's talking about what matters NOW...the Broncos. Admitted to what? That he did what all coaches in the NFL do...he evaluated a player on his roster and considered a trade. Heavens no, not that! Just because Jay (again) wasn't mature enough to deal with the fact that even QB's are considered for trade bait....especially when you can get a lot for said QB.

claymore
08-26-2009, 03:08 PM
Clay, he referred to him as that back in January. He's moved on.

From Denver Post article:

Denver Broncos first-year coach Josh McDaniels said Sunday's game against the Chicago Bears carries no extra meaning, despite the return of quarterback Jay Cutler.

The public rift between the rookie coach and Pro Bowl quarterback ultimately resulted in Cutler being traded with a draft pick to the Bears for quarterback Kyle Orton and draft picks.

The Bears visit Denver on Sunday night.

"No, it is just another great opportunity for us to fix things that we haven't done well," McDaniels said Tuesday, when asked if the game carried extra significance. "We are trying to go out there and fix some things that we made mistakes on [against] Seattle today.

"This game is another step in our process of getting ready for the regular season. If you try to make too much of the game or the opponent in the preseason, I think you are kind of missing the point. The point is it is an opportunity for us to go out there and improve, and that is what we are going to treat it as."
__________________________________________________ __________________

He's talking about what matters NOW...the Broncos.

Thats that sunshine he keeps blowing. He could have thrown something nice in about Jay.

GEM
08-26-2009, 03:11 PM
Thats that sunshine he keeps blowing. He could have thrown something nice in about Jay.

Why would he? Jay doesn't play for the Broncos. He doesn't care how the qb for the Bears plays, he cares about the team he coaches. That player didn't want to be a part of the Broncos, so he's not. Let me guess...he should just be another that kisses Jay Cutler's ass. Maybe if people stopped kissing the kids ass, he wouldn't have such a huge ego to take being considered trade bait to heart. It's a freaking business. This team has an ishload of holes to fill, perhaps he was thinking of how to do that. Perhaps he just didn't like the guy. Perhaps he doesn't go for risk takers in his system. Who the hell knows. There is one obvious thing though, for some reason he saw fit to let Cutler walk, yet doesn't do the same thing with Marshall.

claymore
08-26-2009, 03:14 PM
Why would he? Jay doesn't play for the Broncos. He doesn't care how the qb for the Bears plays, he cares about the team he coaches. That player didn't want to be a part of the Broncos, so he's not.

Because it would show some class that I have yet to see him display. That coach got rid of our franchise QB. I want to hear him say something nice.

claymore
08-26-2009, 03:16 PM
Why would he? Jay doesn't play for the Broncos. He doesn't care how the qb for the Bears plays, he cares about the team he coaches. That player didn't want to be a part of the Broncos, so he's not. Let me guess...he should just be another that kisses Jay Cutler's ass. Maybe if people stopped kissing the kids ass, he wouldn't have such a huge ego to take being considered trade bait to heart. It's a freaking business. This team has an ishload of holes to fill, perhaps he was thinking of how to do that. Perhaps he just didn't like the guy. Perhaps he doesn't go for risk takers in his system. Who the hell knows. There is one obvious thing though, for some reason he saw fit to let Cutler walk, yet doesn't do the same thing with Marshall.
In another universe we traded Champ bailey for someone. And Im really happy.

GEM
08-26-2009, 03:18 PM
Because it would show some class that I have yet to see him display. That coach got rid of our franchise QB. I want to hear him say something nice.

He didn't get rid of our franchise QB. He fielded a phone call about a trade. Said QB got his feelings hurt and wouldn't return phone calls to anyone in the organization. How is that McDaniels getting rid of the QB. You want to put all the blame on McDaniels, when they were equally as guilty of being idiots.

GEM
08-26-2009, 03:18 PM
In another universe we traded Champ bailey for someone. And Im really happy.

Champ Bailey has been hurt the last couple seasons and his trade value isn't anywhere near Cutlers.

claymore
08-26-2009, 03:21 PM
Champ Bailey has been hurt the last couple seasons and his trade value isn't anywhere near Cutlers.

I was right about the Champ bailey trade to Gem.

HORSEPOWER 56
08-26-2009, 03:21 PM
I miss Jay... it doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy watching our defense pick him off and sack his ass a couple of times. I'd really like to see Champ take one back for 6 on Sunday.

I liked jay, but he ain't a Bronco no more, so now, he's the enemy. :defense: :mad:

GEM
08-26-2009, 03:23 PM
I was right about the Champ bailey trade to Gem.

Champ Bailey trade was a good one. Portis' trade value is no where near a younger RB's either. He's been just as injured and had as many down seasons as Bailey.

claymore
08-26-2009, 03:24 PM
He didn't get rid of our franchise QB. He fielded a phone call about a trade. Said QB got his feelings hurt and wouldn't return phone calls to anyone in the organization. How is that McDaniels getting rid of the QB. You want to put all the blame on McDaniels, when they were equally as guilty of being idiots.

Said QB flew to Denver to resolve things. Said Coach pissed him off, he left. stayed in town a couplke days waiting for a call back. He never got that call, so he went back to Nashville.

Coach McD isnt the mature mastermind that you guys think he is. He is fully responsible for Cutler leaving. If it wasnt planned, than he is dumber than I thought.

claymore
08-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Champ Bailey trade was a good one. Portis' trade value is no where near a younger RB's either. He's been just as injured and had as many down seasons as Bailey.

Weve been down this road. Portis hasnt missed nearly the time Bailey has.

topscribe
08-26-2009, 03:25 PM

And doesn't have all the Pro Bowls and All-Pros Bailey does, either.

Just saying . . .

-----

GEM
08-26-2009, 03:26 PM
Weve been down this road. Portis hasnt missed nearly the time Bailey has.

He also hasn't corned the market on RB's either. Champ is considered the best in the business. Can't say that for Portis.

GEM
08-26-2009, 03:28 PM
Said QB flew to Denver to resolve things. Said Coach pissed him off, he left. stayed in town a couplke days waiting for a call back. He never got that call, so he went back to Nashville.

Coach McD isnt the mature mastermind that you guys think he is. He is fully responsible for Cutler leaving. If it wasnt planned, than he is dumber than I thought.

We're not going to agree on this Clay. It's all good. Every action causes a reaction. Both player and coach effed up in the situation. Neither is fully responsible.

NightTrainLayne
08-26-2009, 03:29 PM
Geez, if this is what happens when Cutler says something good about McD, he might as well not even bother.

I think Cutler's comments are to be commended. He actually complimented McD and showed that he is moving on, or has already moved on from the fiasco. I wish it hadn't of happened to start with, but it's nice to see that Cutler, at least in this interview, isn't displaying any grudges toward the Broncos organization.

claymore
08-26-2009, 03:32 PM
He also hasn't corned the market on RB's either. Champ is considered the best in the business. Can't say that for Portis.

Champ is/was over rated. Portis was a top 5 RB.

topscribe
08-26-2009, 03:33 PM
Geez, if this is what happens when Cutler says something good about McD, he might as well not even bother.

I think Cutler's comments are to be commended. He actually complimented McD and showed that he is moving on, or has already moved on from the fiasco. I wish it hadn't of happened to start with, but it's nice to see that Cutler, at least in this interview, isn't displaying any grudges toward the Broncos organization.

Sometimes, it seems, you say something good about somebody, and you're asking for an argument . . . :coffee:

-----

topscribe
08-26-2009, 03:35 PM

Wow. Now you're flying in the face of alllllllll the experts.

Come back to earth, Clay . . .

-----

BigDaddyBronco
08-26-2009, 03:36 PM

I'll be the first to say it Clay, we should fire Mike Shanahan for that trade!

claymore
08-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Wow. Now you're flying in the face of alllllllll the experts.

Come back to earth, Clay . . .

-----

Ive never liked Champ.

claymore
08-26-2009, 03:37 PM
I'll be the first to say it Clay, we should fire Mike Shanahan for that trade!

Champ is a Coach killer. :tubby:

topscribe
08-26-2009, 03:40 PM
Ive never liked Champ.

Ummm . . . whom do you like, Clay?

Oh, I mean besides Cutler . . .

-----

claymore
08-26-2009, 03:47 PM
Ummm . . . whom do you like, Clay?

Oh, I mean besides Cutler . . .

-----

Drafted players mostly. Right now i dont like Dawkins, Champ, and.... I think thats it. Love Royal, Clady, Moreno. Like DJ, but wish we would have drafted Steven Jackson instead. Like all our new draft picks.... Pissed we traded our number one for Smith, but I love the kid.

claymore
08-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Drafted players mostly. Right now i dont like Dawkins, Champ, and.... I think thats it. Love Royal, Clady, Moreno. Like DJ, but wish we would have drafted Steven Jackson instead. Like all our new draft picks.... Pissed we traded our number one for Smith, but I love the kid.

Oh, I really dont like Simms. Ive always been kinda scared of Albinos.

topscribe
08-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Drafted players mostly. Right now i dont like Dawkins, Champ, and.... I think thats it.

Did you forget Orton? :coffee:

-----

claymore
08-26-2009, 03:52 PM
Did you forget Orton? :coffee:

-----

I like Orton, I just think he is a backup QB at best. I think he is a super guy. ANd I love having him on the team. I wish he carried a clip board though.

Gimpygod
08-26-2009, 03:57 PM

One of those holes created by McDaniels when his ego did not allow him to retain a franchise quarterback. Don Shula said once, "you need to be lucky to win the Super Bowl... having a great quarterback is lucky." Seeing McDaniels as being the mature adult because he won't respond graciously, as Did Cutler, requires a level of denial that teeters on epic.

topscribe
08-26-2009, 03:59 PM
I like Orton.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/laughing-478.gif

-----

Gimpygod
08-26-2009, 03:59 PM

Not going to happen because that would require class he doesn't have and an ego slightly less inflated than the Hindenburg another quality he is lacking.

claymore
08-26-2009, 04:00 PM
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/laughing-478.gif

-----

I dont like McDaniels. I like Orton. He looks finnish. He could be my cousin.

topscribe
08-26-2009, 04:01 PM
I dont like McDaniels. I like Orton. He looks finnish. He could be my cousin.

Give it up, Clay.

Orton likes women . . .

-----

Northman
08-26-2009, 04:07 PM

Why? He's not obligated to talk about him. He's full concentration is on the Denver Broncos just like Jay's should be on the Bears. Thats kind of the whole point that Gem has pointed out.

BroncoNut
08-26-2009, 04:10 PM

it's because Marshall's black

Tned

Actually, "the player". While I have heard Jay voice that "I think both sides would change certain things, go about it a different way" statement, I have never heard McDaniels even hint of anything similar. I'm not sure if I have even heard him use Cutler's name.

Northman
Ive never liked Champ.

Fair enough, i never like Portis. :lol:

Ravage!!!
08-26-2009, 04:13 PM
I hated portis. I was glad when he was traded. But I also thought the Champ and the 2ndround pick for Portis was good. I'm also not a big believer in paying big bucks for a RB.

BroncoNut
08-26-2009, 04:14 PM

seriously, am I missing something? what difference would it make anyway? If he did harbor such feelings would that really hurt the Bronco organization?

NightTrainLayne
08-26-2009, 04:16 PM
seriously, am I missing something? what difference would it make anyway? If he did harbor such feelings would that really hurt the Bronco organization?

No, it's just nice to see that he doesn't.

I think we could all learn a lesson here about forgiveness, and letting bygones be bygones. :D

BroncoNut
08-26-2009, 04:17 PM
Not going to happen because that would require class he doesn't have and an ego slightly less inflated than the Hindenburg another quality he is lacking.

so Gimp, you also are a jmcd hater?

BroncoNut
08-26-2009, 04:17 PM

I think we could all learn a lesson here about forgiveness, and letting bygones be bygones. :D

:puke:

Gimpygod
08-26-2009, 04:24 PM

I don't think you really paid attention to what happened. We had a quarterback who was top three minimum and really just getting started, unfortunately we had a terrible defense. New that comes in and scraps very good offensive scheme(but that's okay because new guy has pretty good mind for offense). In a fit of cronyism that has landed no fewer than six patriots on the current roster, new guy tries to replace great quarterback with one who has Just shy of 1 season starting at the position since freaking high school! Great quarterback is upset by the shocking lack of respect and loyalty. Loyalty that you for some reason expect in spades from the players in the form of not seeking more lucrative contracts and other criteria. Even though Jay Cutler was rightfully upset he eventually did agree to come in and sit down with McDaniels, a meeting Pat Bolan should have attended. No one knows exactly what happened but we know Jay was even further upset and decided staying in Denver with an untenable situation. If his intention was to force a trade he wouldn't have bothered agreeing to this sitdown.

McDaniels had an opportunity to say something like, "sorry Jay, as a first-time coach I was thinking about making a move toward someone I know for comfort instead of sticking with the more gifted athlete (doesn't even mean to believe this part but could say it if he had the maturity of say a 12-year-old). You are my quarterback and I look forward to working with you." Unfortunately, was too busy being macho or whatever it is to secure one of our greatest assets. This is not maturity, this is not team first, this is not good coaching. The reason the national media gave this situation so much attention is because it was a world-class, stupid, bumbling mistake on the part of McDaniels. People who believe this was the correct move are so far in the minority that it's ridiculous. Need proof? Look at the attendance for training camp, look at the membership and amount of posting here. Finally, for the first time I can ever remember the Broncos are actually advertising commercials for ticket sales... used to be the only way you could get tickets was if someone died and now they have to advertise like they are the Rockies or something.

nbenallo33
08-26-2009, 04:29 PM
We had a quarterback who was top three minimum

are you kidding me your giving him top 3 status? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/03/23/cutler-ignores-mcdaniels-text-messages/

Cutler Ignores McDaniels' Text Messages

Posted Mar 23, 2009 6:45PM By Ryan Wilson (RSS feed)

Jay Cutler has put his Denver-area house on the market, asked the Broncos to trade him, and now he's ignoring reconciliation attempts from Josh McDaniels. Yep, that's right: text messages from rookie head coach to the mercurial quarterback have gone unanswered.

Ah, the vagaries of technology. Perhaps a Facebook friend request or a heartfelt Tweet are in order.

BroncoNut
gimp, your post is quite sobering.

Gimpygod
08-26-2009, 04:33 PM
so Gimp, you also are a jmcd hater?

Let's put it this way, every time I have to say his name so my voice activation will translate into text, I throw up just a little bit in the back of my throat. watch, McDaniels:sick: yep there it was. on the plus side really trying to work through some of the issues so I can at least watch the Broncos this year without sounding like a character from deadwood every time they show him on the sideline. Hopefully the meds work (cross your fingers).:lol:

NightTrainLayne
08-26-2009, 04:33 PM
I don't think you really paid attention to what happened. We had a quarterback who was top three minimum and really just getting started, unfortunately we had a terrible defense. New that comes in and scraps very good offensive scheme(but that's okay because new guy has pretty good mind for offense). In a fit of cronyism that has landed no fewer than six patriots on the current roster, new guy tries to replace great quarterback with one who has Just shy of 1 season starting at the position since freaking high school! Great quarterback is upset by the shocking lack of respect and loyalty. Loyalty that you for some reason expect in spades from the players in the form of not seeking more lucrative contracts and other criteria. Even though Jay Cutler was rightfully upset he eventually did agree to come in and sit down with McDaniels, a meeting Pat Bolan should have attended. No one knows exactly what happened but we know Jay was even further upset and decided staying in Denver with an untenable situation. If his intention was to force a trade he wouldn't have bothered agreeing to this sitdown.

McDaniels had an opportunity to say something like, "sorry Jay, as a first-time coach I was thinking about making a move toward someone I know for comfort instead of sticking with the more gifted athlete (doesn't even mean to believe this part but could say it if he had the maturity of say a 12-year-old). You are my quarterback and I look forward to working with you." Unfortunately, was too busy being macho or whatever it is to secure one of our greatest assets. This is not maturity, this is not team first, this is not good coaching. The reason the national media gave this situation so much attention is because it was a world-class, stupid, bumbling mistake on the part of McDaniels. People who believe this was the correct move are so far in the minority that it's ridiculous. Need proof? Look at the attendance for training camp, look at the membership and amount of posting here. Finally, for the first time I can ever remember the Broncos are actually advertising commercials for ticket sales... used to be the only way you could get tickets was if someone died and now they have to advertise like they are the Rockies or something.

That's one theory. One that contains biases itself.

I know that GEM has followed the situation, and I have myself, and I would disagree strongly with some of the assumptions that you have made. But that's life. Different folks see and perceive different things and place differing emphasis on those perceptions.

Personally, I think that there's plenty of blame to go around for both sides, but the most telling fact (and this is a fact) of the whole debacle is Jay Cutler's quote along the lines of "I never wanted it to go this far" almost immediately after the trade was announced. Mr. Cutler was playing his own game and looking after his own self-interests.

And to that extent, as a life-long Broncos fan, I understand that the Broncos are bigger than any one player. We were the best franchise before Cutler got here (he didn't make us), and we still are after he's gone (he can't take that away from us).

Lonestar
08-26-2009, 04:36 PM

IIRC he put his and his parents house up for sale before he came to town.. kinda send a meassage..

Ravage!!!
08-26-2009, 04:38 PM
so does trying to trade you away..... kinda sends a message

topscribe
08-26-2009, 04:41 PM
so does trying to trade you away..... kinda sends a message

:confused: Are you talking about JR or a player?

-----

WARHORSE
08-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Look........Cutler sucks.

No matter what he says.

Cause tomorrow hes going to say he never said that.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-26-2009, 04:53 PM
Just heard a caller a few minutes ago on FM104.3TheFan, who said that even with Cutler and Marshall this year, he does not think the Broncos would have done any better than they will do without them, based on the tough schedule this year, and based on the entirely new offensive and defensive systems this year.

Lonestar
08-26-2009, 04:56 PM

I think your being naive about jay not harboring a grudge he is just trying not to give anyone lockeroom chalk/bulletin board fodder.. last thing he wants to be is on a backboard going to a denver hospital for observation overnight..

Denver Native (Carol)
08-26-2009, 04:58 PM
I think your being naive about jay not harboring a grudge he is just trying not to give anyone lockeroom chalk/bulletin board fodder.. last thing he wants to be is on a backboard going to a denver hospital for observation overnight..

The sportscasters here are saying that Jay was being "politically correct" today.

BroncoNut
08-26-2009, 04:59 PM
The sportscasters here are saying that Jay was being "politically correct" today.

that's exactly what it sounds like. Say the right thing.

Lonestar
08-26-2009, 05:01 PM
One of those holes created by McDaniels when his ego did not allow him to retain a franchise quarterback. Don Shula said once, "you need to be lucky to win the Super Bowl... having a great quarterback is lucky." Seeing McDaniels as being the mature adult because he won't respond graciously, as Did Cutler, requires a level of denial that teeters on epic.

it is not ego but asserting who is in charge.. jay was unable to deal with the change in HC OC and play calling.. nothing more than that.. he had mike in his hind pocket and realized that he would never have the control or power in DEN that he had before.. IF that is called ego I suspect it was as much or most likely even larger o jay side of the line in the sand..

your naive if you think that this was not about jay getting out of Denver once mike and bates left.. plus IMO it was about a fat new contract which unless he completely bombs in CHI will be redone by mid season...

Lonestar
08-26-2009, 05:08 PM

that's exactly what it sounds like. Say the right thing.

as I said in my post he does not want to be carried off the field, as he abandoned his teammates that he swore he would come to camp to be with.. those that are left know that..

He promised to be at the OTA/mini camp or whatever it was, for his teammates..

I guess those that have come to respect Josh are not happy about it.. he is blowing smoke up the presses skirts.. anyone with half a brain can see that..

honz
08-26-2009, 05:10 PM
Cutler sux.

/thread

topscribe
08-26-2009, 05:12 PM
Cutler sux.

/thread

Now, would you call this satire or sarcasm, Honz? :laugh:

-----

Lonestar
08-26-2009, 05:13 PM
now, would you call this satire or sarcasm, honz? :laugh:

-----

the
truth

Simple Jaded
08-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Are fans like this just bent because Cutler didn't give you even more reason to bitch about him? "He's only trying to be PC".

Did he bring the Broncos up or was he asked a question? I'm sure Cutler will stop talking about the Broncos when the media stops asking about it, and I'm sure the media will stop asking about it when it's clear that people like yourself no longer fall to pieces at the mere mention of his name.

Which is to say, probably never.......

Gimpygod
08-26-2009, 05:38 PM
as I said in my post he does not want to be carried off the field, as he abandoned his teammates that he swore he would come to camp to be with.. those that are left know that..

He promised to be at the OTA/mini camp or whatever it was, for his teammates..

I guess those that have come to respect Josh are not happy about it.. he is blowing smoke up the presses skirts.. anyone with half a brain can see that..

Again with the double standard, the player doesn't show up annd he's disloyal... the coach tries to trade player for inferior player who is friend, just plain good sense:coffee:

claymore
08-26-2009, 05:40 PM
Again with the double standard, the player doesn't show up annd he's disloyal... the coach tries to trade player for inferior player who is friend, just plain good sense:coffee:

Jr hates Jay because he put Plummer into retirement. There is no getting thru.

GEM
08-26-2009, 06:08 PM

Top 3 of what? Certainly not QB's in the league. Ok maybe in yardage. Oh...I know what you meant....top 3 in INT's. Clear.

So, you hate McD, you love Cutler and you think it was a major foul up. That's fine, that's your opinion. Our opinions are different.

You did get something right in your post....

No one knows exactly what happened...

GEM
08-26-2009, 06:10 PM
Are fans like this just bent because Cutler didn't give you even more reason to bitch about him? "He's only trying to be PC".

Did he bring the Broncos up or was he asked a question? I'm sure Cutler will stop talking about the Broncos when the media stops asking about it, and I'm sure the media will stop asking about it when it's clear that people like yourself no longer fall to pieces at the mere mention of his name.

Which is to say, probably never.......

Should I address this again or would you like to go back in the thread where I already addressed it?

He should have said, "No comment, I'm with the Bears now and that's what I'm here to talk about."

Lonestar
08-26-2009, 06:19 PM
Jr hates Jay because he put Plummer into retirement. There is no getting thru.

I Do not hate jay never did.. but I was not slobbering in love with him either.. I just saw him for what he was a Griese with a strong arm..

some one that has not won consistently since HS and seems to be a momma boy on the field if things do not go his way he pout/contemplates by him self on the sidelines at the expense of alienating his team mates..

thought he had alot of potential if he would grow up..

Now perhaps this article shows he has, does not want to get creamed or he has a good press agent whispering in his ear..

Y'all can chose on your own as your minds are made up about him.

IIRC I did not want him drafted as the weak link on the field was on the DL.. I wanted Ngata or bunkley.. thought we had all the other pieces in the puzzle except DT.. and then a DE..

Qb could have been taken the year year or two as Jake still had a couple of years in him..

But mike refused to take my calls once agian about draftee advise..:D

Superchop 7
08-26-2009, 06:30 PM
I think Jay had some "trust issues"

Denver Native (Carol)
08-26-2009, 06:33 PM

I think he had "cell phone" issues :D

Day1BroncoFan
08-26-2009, 06:36 PM
He had a case of distextya. :D

tumbana
08-26-2009, 06:37 PM
IIRC he put his and his parents house up for sale before he came to town.. kinda send a meassage..

Actually, he was planning on selling that house LONG before. He was trying to do it during the 07 season. He still has a home in Denver.

tumbana
08-26-2009, 06:38 PM
I Do not hate jay never did.. but I was not slobbering in love with him either.. I just saw him for what he was a Griese with a strong arm..

some one that has not won consistently since HS and seems to be a momma boy on the field if things do not go his way he pout/contemplates by him self on the sidelines at the expense of alienating his team mates..

thought he had alot of potential if he would grow up..

Now perhaps this article shows he has, does not want to get creamed or he has a good press agent whispering in his ear..

Y'all can chose on your own as your minds are made up about him.

IIRC I did not want him drafted as the weak link on the field was on the DL.. I wanted Ngata or bunkley.. thought we had all the other pieces in the puzzle except DT.. and then a DE..

Qb could have been taken the year year or two as Jake still had a couple of years in him..

But mike refused to take my calls once agian about draftee advise..:D

I don't know who would have been a real "winner" if they played for Vanderbilt in college or those horrid Broncos teams of 07-08 seasons. Of course, unless you have no logic and thing the team is all the passing game and literally nothing else.

Gimpygod
08-26-2009, 06:39 PM
And doesn't have all the Pro Bowls and All-Pros Bailey does, either.

Just saying . . .

-----

No offense but champ could sneeze, crap his pants (and pretend like the reason he crapped his pants is because of a pulled hamstring) aand make the Pro bowl. The voters loves him, as do I but I have Claymore's back On this one.

Lonestar
08-26-2009, 06:40 PM
Actually, he was planning on selling that house LONG before. He was trying to do it during the 07 season. He still has a home in Denver.

and you know this from a personal chat with him..

out west we call that Bovine Excrement..

Superchop 7
08-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Thank God we don't have any other players with "trust issues"

Glad it was just an "isolated" incident between a coach and player.

Gimpygod
08-26-2009, 06:44 PM
Should I address this again or would you like to go back in the thread where I already addressed it?

He should have said, "No comment, I'm with the Bears now and that's what I'm here to talk about."

Why should he have said that? What he did say does far more to assuage the situation. The only people who could find fault are those that would Not be satisfied with any response he gave. I guarantee if he said what you prescribe your response would have been, "what a pouty crybaby, are his little feeling so hurt he won't even comment?" Also, notice how I'm arguing with people I actually like now? Man I hate McDaniels!

Superchop 7
08-26-2009, 06:46 PM
Any new coach that runs a pro-bowl QB out of town is a complete idiot.

Jimmy Johnson said it best; "I treat players in accordance to their value to the team"

tumbana
08-26-2009, 06:51 PM
and you know this from a personal chat with him..

out west we call that Bovine Excrement..

No, you can look it up. Cutler was wanting to sell one of his homes during the 07 season.

Gimpygod
08-26-2009, 06:53 PM

Jimmy Johnson said it best; "I treat players in accordance to their value to the team"

So succinct and eloquent... I salute you sir:salute:. How is it so hard for everyone to understand that running a Pro bowl quarterback In the very beginning of his career out of town is not performing optimally? Sadly, nothing can be done about it now and while I can't change that situation I certainly don't have to like how things were handled.

Lonestar
08-26-2009, 06:54 PM
No, you can look it up. Cutler was wanting to sell one of his homes during the 07 season.

I suspect that would have been reported during the time frame when he did pout these TWO HOMES on the market at the same time.. both in the same area his and his parents house..

not to mention the condo he has in Lo Do (this may be the one he still ahs here).. good try at half speak..

BE

Day1BroncoFan
08-26-2009, 06:56 PM
Anyone can not like anything they don't want to like and blame whomever they wish to blame. That don't make them right. There are two sides to every story.

I don't know or care who is more to blame. I just know I'm moving on and supporting the team we have now, this year, even during the pre-season.

Gimpygod
08-26-2009, 06:58 PM
That's one theory. One that contains biases itself.

I know that GEM has followed the situation, and I have myself, and I would disagree strongly with some of the assumptions that you have made. But that's life. Different folks see and perceive different things and place differing emphasis on those perceptions.

Personally, I think that there's plenty of blame to go around for both sides, but the most telling fact (and this is a fact) of the whole debacle is Jay Cutler's quote along the lines of "I never wanted it to go this far" almost immediately after the trade was announced. Mr. Cutler was playing his own game and looking after his own self-interests.

And to that extent, as a life-long Broncos fan, I understand that the Broncos are bigger than any one player. We were the best franchise before Cutler got here (he didn't make us), and we still are after he's gone (he can't take that away from us).

True, true but can you imagine in hindsight what this franchise would look like if Dan Reeves (a system coach who brought in every Dallas player retread humanly possible) would have gotten his way in the early 90s and replaced Elway with Tommy Maddox... I suppose that would have been an okay move given the current trend in thinking that one player isn't important to the team It's all about the scheme and not the talent:rolleyes:. -- that's directed more at others because I know you are addressing fandom and not the merits of the Cutler fiasco.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-26-2009, 06:58 PM
I think it is extremely ironic hearing Broncos Fans state what Jay should have to say about a former team. He has a right to say what he wants. You people bitched here about how he acted in interviews because he didn't answer enough questions or acted like a baby, and you don't seem to like him when he acts positive in response to a former team. The Denver media asked him questions and he answered. I'm surprised he answered. I think that shows a little bit of maturity right there being able to own up and make such comments. JMO. *cue Canadian Alanis*

tumbana
08-26-2009, 07:07 PM
I think it is extremely ironic hearing Broncos Fans state what Jay should have to say about a former team. He has a right to say what he wants. You people bitched here about how he acted in interviews because he didn't answer enough questions or acted like a baby, and you don't seem to like him when he acts positive in response to a former team. The Denver media asked him questions and he answered. I'm surprised he answered. I think that shows a little bit of maturity right there being able to own up and make such comments. JMO. *cue Canadian Alanis*

Don't speak logic around here. It's not allowed.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-26-2009, 07:12 PM

McD did not run Cutler out of town - McD started the car, and Jay got in and drove it out of town.

MOtorboat
08-26-2009, 07:15 PM
McD did not run Cutler out of town - McD started the car, and Jay got in and drove it out of town.

McDaniels didn't even start the car. He just got in.

In the back seat.

Because he had to.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-26-2009, 07:17 PM

I live in the Denver metro area, and never heard this. I also looked for articles just now, and the only one I found is when he put his home up for sale in March, 09.

GEM
08-26-2009, 07:22 PM

Every player in the NFL has trust issues. No job is guaranteed. It's how you deal with that fact that shows the type of person you are.

GEM
08-26-2009, 07:27 PM
True, true but can you imagine in hindsight what this franchise would look like if Dan Reeves (a system coach who brought in every Dallas player retread humanly possible) would have gotten his way in the early 90s and replaced Elway with Tommy Maddox... I suppose that would have been an okay move given the current trend in thinking that one player isn't important to the team It's all about the scheme and not the talent:rolleyes:. -- that's directed more at others because I know you are addressing fandom and not the merits of the Cutler fiasco.

You're comparing Jay Cutler in his 3rd season to Elway in his 9th? Seriously? Cutler never appeared in a single playoff game. And don't bring up the current defense because Elway had no one around him.

Lonestar
08-26-2009, 07:34 PM
FWIW Josh called Jay by name in his is on the field chat today wednesday:Mcdaniels

http://www.denverbroncos.com/

tumbana
08-26-2009, 07:40 PM
You're comparing Jay Cutler in his 3rd season to Elway in his 9th? Seriously? Cutler never appeared in a single playoff game. And don't bring up the current defense because Elway had no one around him.

Huh? The Broncos defense and special teams throughout Elway's career was above average. Not once were they as bad as either season Cutler started for the Broncos. You can even look that up yourself if you don't believe me.

T.K.O.
08-26-2009, 07:55 PM
say what you want about how mature cutler is now that he said something nice about anyone in denver...but the man owes ME an apology !
thats right ME and every other fan who backed him and bought his jersey.
everyone in the media and every bronco fan needs to realize this guy decided it was a good time to pressure the team for a big contract and he went about it like a big whinybabypoopoodiaper boy.
then when the f.o. (not just mcD but the OWNER of the team) did'nt bend over and take it, he refused to play ball .
and he bailed on his team mates and his fans.
he said he is happier in chicago ,good for him but those of you who are still backing cutler through all this need to ask yourself...has he said or done one thing to apologize to the fans for throwing a hissy fit and leaving us without our beloved heir to the elway throne?:salute:

Day1BroncoFan
08-26-2009, 08:01 PM
So he's kissing McDaniels ass now, I wonder why.

He still thinks Bronco's fans are a 6 and bears fans are a 9 so why do so many people want him back?

tumbana
08-26-2009, 08:05 PM
say what you want about how mature cutler is now that he said something nice about anyone in denver...but the man owes ME an apology !
everyone in the media and every bronco fan needs to realize this guy decided it was a good time to pressure the team for a big contract and he went about it like a big whinybabypoopoodiaper boy.
then when the f.o. (not just mcD but the OWNER of the team) did'nt bend over and take it, he refused to play ball .
he said he is happier in chicago ,good for him but those of you who are still backing cutler through all this need to ask yourself...has he said or done one thing to apologize to the fans for throwing a hissy fit and leaving us without our beloved heir to the elway throne?:salute:
You say that like it was 100% his fault the situation happen.

Oh well. I couldn't be happier :D

tumbana
08-26-2009, 08:06 PM
So he's kissing McDaniels ass now, I wonder why.

He still thinks Bronco's fans are a 6 and bears fans are a 9 so why do so many people want him back?

Let me guess, he should have said "McDaniels is an idiot and horrible coach. the Broncos are going to suck epic proportions this year." Right? So that everyone can talk trash about him some more about how he is immature and a crybaby? Funny thing is the only people I see crying are Denver fans!

Day1BroncoFan
08-26-2009, 08:07 PM
Let me guess, he should have said "McDaniels is an idiot and horrible coach. the Broncos are going to suck epic proportions this year." Right? So that everyone can talk trash about him some more about how he is immature and a crybaby? Funny thing is the only people I see crying are Denver fans!

Made ya look. :lol:

Tned
08-26-2009, 08:12 PM
FWIW Josh called Jay by name in his is on the field chat today wednesday:Mcdaniels

http://www.denverbroncos.com/

Maybe he's finally taking advice from those low level PR guys.

tumbana
08-26-2009, 08:13 PM
Maybe he's finally taking advice from those low level PR guys.

True. Maybe he is finally being smart and listening to them.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-26-2009, 08:17 PM

He used the teleprompter perfectly today.

topscribe
08-26-2009, 08:44 PM
No offense but champ could sneeze, crap his pants (and pretend like the reason he crapped his pants is because of a pulled hamstring) aand make the Pro bowl. The voters loves him, as do I but I have Claymore's back On this one.

You and Clay have a long way to go before you manage to convince the entire league on Champ Bailey. :lol:

-----

Hobe
08-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Hiring that PR writer is starting to pay off!

topscribe
08-26-2009, 08:56 PM
Huh? The Broncos defense and special teams throughout Elway's career was above average. Not once were they as bad as either season Cutler started for the Broncos. You can even look that up yourself if you don't believe me.

So you're sinking back into your old ways of coming to a Broncos board and
telling Broncos fans about the Broncos. So I will ask you the same thing I
asked you on the other board: How much of Elway's career did you see--I mean
here in the community, following games, following practices, following media
reports and the various scenarios?

Elway played on bad teams in the 1980s. I know. I was there. So were several
others on this board.

And now a word from John Madden:

People used to talk about all the Super Bowls Elway lost. Well, I called a few of those games, and what people seem to forget is that those teams weren't that good. John Elway was the sole reason why those Bronco teams were playing in the Super Bowl. He was the closest thing to a one-man gang I've ever seen

For your sake, please do not come around and try to tell us about our team.
You will only be embarrassed, as you were on the other board.

-----

nevcraw
08-26-2009, 08:58 PM

Jay wore his big boy onezy's today and no matter what, those who blame the debacle on him will find fault.. When Pat Bowlen calls out his coach for rookie mistakes, clealry the blame is not all Jay's to bare or is it bear??

BTW - I did see a quote where MCD gave him some praise too. something like "he is a good player".. Too lazy to find it again..

Benetto
08-26-2009, 09:05 PM
Smother them with kindness...That's a smart strategy to get in your enemy's head.

T.K.O.
08-26-2009, 09:20 PM

no it was only 99% , most "grown ups" can handle the fact that a team (or company) looks at the possibility of finding employees that can produce the product they are marketing.
all jay had to do was accept that he is'nt the only guy in the league who could be replaced and let the whole thing blow over....but....he's your baby now !:salute:

tumbana
08-26-2009, 09:32 PM
no it was only 99% , most "grown ups" can handle the fact that a team (or company) looks at the possibility of finding employees that can produce the product they are marketing.
all jay had to do was accept that he is'nt the only guy in the league who could be replaced and let the whole thing blow over....but....he's your baby now !:salute:

I'm sure most "grown ups" aren't retarded enough to trade a legit franchise QB with the potential to be one of the best ever with a one year wonder. I'm also sure most grown ups would rather work for a company that actually wants them and apparently, a lot of teams wanted Cutler.

/discussion

tumbana
08-26-2009, 09:34 PM
So you're sinking back into your old ways of coming to a Broncos board and
telling Broncos fans about the Broncos. So I will ask you the same thing I
asked you on the other board: How much of Elway's career did you see--I mean
here in the community, following games, following practices, following media
reports and the various scenarios?

Elway played on bad teams in the 1980s. I know. I was there. So were several
others on this board.

Actually, I did watch Elway. The Broncos offense was not consistently up to par, but throughout his career, even before the SB years, he had an above average defense and special teams. There is no debating that. You could watch, record, analyze, look at stats, rankings whatever, but it was LIGHT YEARS ahead of what they have had the last couple of years.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-26-2009, 09:39 PM
Great discussion on Jay Cutler. One thing he says is Cutler is selfish. He also has some nice things to say about Kyle

http://www.fm1043thefan.com/channels/audioOnDemand/Story.aspx?ID=1133438

The Sports Guys Talk with Hub Arkush

8/26/2009

Pro Football Weekly's Hub Arkush talks with Sandy about Jay Cutler's trip to Denver this weekend..

tumbana
08-26-2009, 09:49 PM
Great discussion on Jay Cutler. One thing he says is Cutler is selfish. He also has some nice things to say about Kyle

8/26/2009

Pro Football Weekly's Hub Arkush talks with Sandy about Jay Cutler's trip to Denver this weekend..
Hub Arkush is a moron who has been bitter about the Bears since he was fired. Not to mention he was talking on a Denver radio station lol. He even got the "called out Hester" thing wrong. I'd like to know how he "called him out." By saying he's not a jump ball guy? He even admitted it was a poor decision. Nobody on the actual Bears team is making a big deal out of it. Just idiot media and people who want to believe it just for the sake of it.

Cutler >>>>> Orton

110000000000% fact whether you guys want to accept it or not.

MOtorboat
08-26-2009, 09:51 PM
Hub Arkush is a moron who has been bitter about the Bears since he was fired. Not to mention he was talking on a Denver radio station lol. He even got the "called out Hester" thing wrong. I'd like to know how he "called him out." By saying he's not a jump ball guy? He even admitted it was a poor decision. Nobody on the actual Bears team is making a big deal out of it. Just idiot media and people who want to believe it just for the sake of it.

Cutler >>>>> Orton

Wait for it...wait for it...wait for the interceptions...

Oh..it will come...

Lonestar
08-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Cutler >>>>> Orton

you act like 99% of us give a care about jay..

most of us have moved on..

Let me add that this is getting pretty close to smack and this thread is not in smack..

so entertain yourself there or I will be entertained when I ban you..:lol:

tumbana
08-26-2009, 09:56 PM
Wait for it...wait for it...wait for the interceptions...

Oh..it will come...

You mean wait for the Orton INTs? He's the one who leads the entire NFL in preseason. 2 of them have even come in the END ZONE. Dont come telling me about INTs when you got a problem with that, not my team.

broncfn90
yep cutler is one whiney son of bitch.... so classless.... what a horrible team player kyle orton will be better

tumbana
you act like 99% of us give a care about jay..

most of us have moved on..

Let me add that this is getting pretty close to smack and this thread is not in smack..

so entertain yourself there or I will be entertained when I ban you..:lol:

I have already seen people compare the two who are Broncos fans. They should cut it out as well then.

MOtorboat
08-26-2009, 10:00 PM
You mean wait for the Orton INTs? He's the one who leads the entire NFL in preseason. 2 of them have even come in the END ZONE. Dont come telling me about INTs when you got a problem with that, not my team.

Last year...Cutler threw more INTs per attempt...

Well shit...there goes that stupid notion.

topscribe
08-26-2009, 10:07 PM
Actually, I did watch Elway. The Broncos offense was not consistently up to par, but throughout his career, even before the SB years, he had an above average defense and special teams. There is no debating that. You could watch, record, analyze, look at stats, rankings whatever, but it was LIGHT YEARS ahead of what they have had the last couple of years.

No, no, that is not what I asked. What I asked, Bears fan, is did you follow
the Elway and Broncos? Did you live it? In fact, did you follow the Broncos
before Cutler went to Chicago?

I know you didn't. You are far too unknowledgeable on the Broncos to have
done that.

Elway played with some bad defenses. They were pretty good in 1984, 1987,
1989, and 1991, but in the other years not so much. In 1983, they ranked
21st in points allowed, 1986 15th, 1988 20th, 1990 23rd, 1992 19th, 1994
25th, and 1995 17th.

Elway did not play on a truly good team until 1996.

Once again, please do not come here posing as a Broncos expert. Because
you happened to catch them on TV a time or two and have seen a few stats
online does not make you one.

-----

tumbana
08-26-2009, 10:15 PM
Last year...Cutler threw more INTs per attempt...

Well shit...there goes that stupid notion.

I would LOVE to watch Orton on one 2008 Broncos. LOL. Throwing the ball 616 times, having the worst starting field position in the NFL (going from best on with the Bears), playing for a defense that was bottom three at getting off the field (going from top 5 on the Bears), having to put up 30+ to have a shot at a W, having the worst defense at getting takeaways (going from 2nd best on the Bears), one of the worst kickers in the NFL (going from 6th most accurate kicker in NFL history with the Bears), no punter, no defense and ST TDs, blocked kicks. Oh my. I bet he would have thrown over 20 if he played in that situation. Yet, his INT% was slightly better than Cutler's while being protected with all of that and having less challenging offensive plays to master.

MOtorboat
08-26-2009, 10:18 PM
I would LOVE to watch Orton on one 2008 Broncos. LOL. Throwing the ball 616 times, having the worst starting field position in the NFL (going from best on with the Bears), playing for a defense that was bottom three at getting off the field (going from top 5 on the Bears), having to put up 30+ to have a shot at a W, having the worst defense at getting takeaways (going from 2nd best on the Bears), one of the worst kickers in the NFL (going from 6th most accurate kicker in NFL history with the Bears), no punter, no defense and ST TDs, blocked kicks. Oh my. I bet he would have thrown over 20 if he played in that situation. Yet, his INT% was slightly better than Cutler's while being protected with all of that and having less challenging offensive plays to master.

I can't wait.

Best offensive line in football. A wide receiver group that is, well, actually NFL-worthy. NFL-best, actually...

I really can't wait. There are already reports that Cutler can't stand the ridiculous group of receivers the Bears have.

tumbana
08-26-2009, 10:19 PM
No, no, that is not what I asked. What I asked, Bears fan, is did you follow
the Elway and Broncos? Did you live it? In fact, did you follow the Broncos
before Cutler went to Chicago?

I know you didn't. You are far too unknowledgeable on the Broncos to have
done that.

Elway played with some bad defenses. They were pretty good in 1984, 1987,
1989, and 1991, but in the other years not so much. In 1983, they ranked
21st in points allowed, 1986 15th, 1988 20th, 1990 23rd, 1992 19th, 1994
25th, and 1995 17th.

Elway did not play on a truly good team until 1996.

Once again, please do not come here posing as a Broncos expert. Because
you happened to catch them on TV a time or two and have seen a few stats
online does not make you one.

-----
I did not learn a whole lot reading that other than you agree with me, but don't want to come right out and say it. In no year were the Broncos defense and special teams over Elway's career remotely as bad as the Broncos in 07 and 08. The only ones anywhere NEAR as bad were individual and spread out. On average, they were 12th in the NFL in PPG as a defense. They were consistently in the middle of the pack to upper echelon in nearly all ST phases. The only place Elway had it "rough" was the consistency of the offense around him early in his career and until the SB years.

I don't have to "live and Breathe" Broncos football to know that this was the case. It's fact.

tumbana
08-26-2009, 10:21 PM
I can't wait.

Best offensive line in football. A wide receiver group that is, well, actually NFL-worthy. NFL-best, actually...

I really can't wait. There are already reports that Cutler can't stand the ridiculous group of receivers the Bears have.

What reports? I would bet my life I can come up with more quotes of Cutler saying positive things about his WR core and each WR individually than you can give "proof" that he can't stand his receiving core. Let me guess, you are going to show me where he said Hester is not a jump ball guy and leave out the part where he admitted it was a poor decision?

BTW, Cutler hasn't been sacked this preseason and the Bears O line completely shut down the Giants D line. They are going to be a top 5 OL.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-26-2009, 10:25 PM
What reports? I would bet my life I can come up with more quotes of Cutler saying positive things about his WR core and each WR individually than you can give "proof" that he can't stand his receiving core. Let me guess, you are going to show me where he said Hester is not a jump ball guy and leave out the part where he admitted it was a poor decision?

BTW, Cutler hasn't been sacked this preseason and the Bears O line completely shut down the Giants D line. They are going to be a top 5 OL.

WHO CARES :rolleyes:

topscribe
08-26-2009, 10:31 PM

8/26/2009

It was generally a pretty good interview. Thanks.

I do believe Hub is probably out of touch enough with the Broncos that he
doesn't realize what all McDaniels is doing. I had the same impression early
on about McD on his age and experience, but the more I see of him, the more
I like him.

I also don't necessarily agree with Hub about Simms being the better QB, from
all I have heard out of camp. The majority of reports had Orton outplaying
Simms. Maybe that will change in the future, but I believe McDaniels named
Orton starter because he was playing better, again, from what I have heard.

-----

topscribe
08-26-2009, 10:40 PM
I did not learn a whole lot reading that other than you agree with me, but don't want to come right out and say it. In no year were the Broncos defense and special teams over Elway's career remotely as bad as the Broncos in 07 and 08. The only ones anywhere NEAR as bad were individual and spread out. On average, they were 12th in the NFL in PPG as a defense. They were consistently in the middle of the pack to upper echelon in nearly all ST phases. The only place Elway had it "rough" was the consistency of the offense around him early in his career and until the SB years.

I don't have to "live and Breathe" Broncos football to know that this was the case. It's fact.

You don't know what is fact. That is obvious. I provide the facts and figures,
and you just set yourself up as the expert. You are making it obvious that
you just do not know what you are talking about. I was there. I lived it. Every
day. I could name every one of the players . . . not just the starters, but the
entire team. And I am not alone in that here.

Again, please do not try to tell us about our team and our players. You're just
looking very silly.

I just listened to the guy, and he made a whole lot more sense all the way
around than you ever have. So if he's a moron, what does that make you? :coffee:

Cutler >>>>> Orton

Nobody here is running any comparisons between the two quarterbacks. So
why don't you stop spamming and trolling these boards about it and go back
to Mania where some of them are doing that? Oh wait . . .

-----

topscribe
08-26-2009, 10:46 PM

Cutler's INT percentage was 2.9%. Orton's was 2.6%. Slightly better, true.

Now, during Orton's first seven games, when he was healthy, his INT percentage
was 1.7%. DRAMATICALLY better.

So what? Orton's here now, and the other guy's there. So why don't you go
there, too?

-----

GEM
08-26-2009, 10:46 PM

Good for you! Go enjoy Cutler..have a good time. Can you log off while you do so? What do you expect, we're Broncos fans, we're not Bears fans. We really don't care how far up Cutler's ass you stick your head. Just don't come back here when the head case throws his next temper tantrum in Chicago, all you will get is a big fat I told you so.

tumbana
08-26-2009, 10:48 PM
You don't know what is fact. That is obvious. I provide the facts and figures,
and you just set yourself up as the expert. You are making it obvious that
you just do not know what you are talking about. I was there. I lived it. Every
day. I could name every one of the players . . . not just the starters, but the
entire team. And I am not alone in that here.

Again, please do not try to tell us about our team and our players. You're just
looking very silly.

I just gave you figures. On average, the defense was 12th in the NFL in PPG( NOT counting the SB years). a similar number comes up with special teams phases. I saw it and watched it. I looked it up as well. You can name all the players to ever wear a Broncos jersey ever and it won't change the fact that the Broncos over Elway's career were a tough team on defense and special teams.

I just listened to the guy, and he made a whole lot more sense all the way
around than you ever have. So if he's a moron, what does that make you? :coffee:

Um listen to any time he talks about the Bears since he got fired a while back. He hates on them in every interview no matter what. He is bitter and ill informed about Cutler and the situations he was talking about.[/QUOTE]

Nobody here is running any comparisons between the two quarterbacks. So
why don't you stop spamming and trolling these boards about it and go back
to Mania where some of them are doing that? Oh wait . . .

-----
I would go back there to pawn on people. Too bad I'm banned.

GEM
08-26-2009, 10:50 PM

So go join your Bears brethren over on a BEARS board. There is really no reason for you to be here other than the fact that you enjoy trolling and starting ish just to do so.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-26-2009, 10:54 PM
http://boards.chicagobears.com/forums/default.aspx :vroam:

j3phr3y
08-26-2009, 10:58 PM
Cutler >>>>> Orton

Really?

>>>>>?

110000000000% fact?

Please don't dumb down the forums. Try to articulate your ideas in a meaningful way. Perhaps you can state your proposition, then list some evidence that backup this conclusion. Using incorrect mathematical concepts and notations only demonstrates your inability to grasp simple ideas, giving doubt to your correctness on the more complex topic of your argument.

broncogirl7
08-26-2009, 11:00 PM
? Is this the smack forum or are we talking about the Broncos?

tumbana
08-26-2009, 11:02 PM
Really?

>>>>>?

110000000000% fact?

Please don't dumb down the forums. Try to articulate your ideas in a meaningful way. Perhaps you can state your proposition, then list some evidence that backup this conclusion. Using incorrect mathematical concepts and notations only demonstrates your inability to grasp simple ideas, giving doubt to your correctness on the more complex topic of your argument.

Yep. Anyone and everyone who knows an ounce about football knows that is the case. Now, lets get back on topic. I will admit I took part in this thread derailing.

Shazam!
08-26-2009, 11:43 PM
Today, 12:02 AM
Remove user from ignore list
tumbana
This message is hidden because tumbana is on your ignore list.

This is the best way to deal with Chicago Bears trash.

BroncoNut
08-27-2009, 10:24 AM
I saw the Cutler comments on sportschannel last night. His body language was completely contradictory (hands to face, etc.) any quote from this guy is coached. Let's move on.

Gimpygod
08-27-2009, 12:39 PM

No one including Shannon Sharpe, Dennis Smith, Steve Atwater, Karl Mecklenburg... we've never had a defense as horrible as the last few years. Maybe the 60s and very early 70s. Also, John Elway was known as the crybaby who couldn't get his team a Super Bowl victory. Maybe you don't remember that? Many NFL analysts held this opinion at the time. In contrast I have yet to see an NFL analyst say the same about Cutler. The team Jay was the captain of (yes, Captain even at a young age) had a defense that was absolutely atrocious and and a running game headed by such titans as Travis Henry and Pittman, even worse the team had the most running backs on injured reserve than any other team in history last year. The only way we could control the ball was by throwing defenses knew that information and yet Cutler still managed to pass for either the first or second most yards over the past two years. If aanyone doesn't think he was a franchise quarterback and will contribute much to the NFLyou are being purposefully delusional.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-27-2009, 12:45 PM
No one including Shannon Sharpe, Dennis Smith, Steve Atwater, Karl Mecklenburg... we've never had a defense as horrible as the last few years. Maybe the 60s and very early 70s. Also, John Elway was known as the crybaby who couldn't get his team a Super Bowl victory. Maybe you don't remember that? Many NFL analysts held this opinion at the time. In contrast I have yet to see an NFL analyst say the same about Cutler. The team Jay was the captain of (yes, Captain even at a young age) had a defense that was absolutely atrocious and and a running game headed by such titans as Travis Henry and Pittman, even worse the team had the most running backs on injured reserve than any other team in history last year. The only way we could control the ball was by throwing defenses knew that information and yet Cutler still managed to pass for either the first or second most yards over the past two years. If aanyone doesn't think he was a franchise quarterback and will contribute much to the NFLyou are being purposefully delusional.

John Elway was known as the crybaby who couldn't get his team a Super Bowl victory -

ABSOLUTELY UNBELIEVABLE COMMENT - :tsk::tsk::tsk:

Gimpygod
08-27-2009, 12:46 PM

Again, why does the player owe everyone all this loyalty when the coach and organization has zero loyalty? The players are supposed to accept they are nothing more than trade fodder regardless of how much they sacrifice and give to the team while the organization treats them with all the respect and loyalty of a ham sandwich during school lunch.

Gimpygod
08-27-2009, 12:58 PM

I'm going to call you on this one... BS! So your boss tries really hard to replace you with somebody who is inferior because they are his friend and you don't mind at all? I don't even want somebody working for me who doesn't feel like they have enough value of which to be proud.

claymore
08-27-2009, 01:02 PM
I saw the Cutler comments on sportschannel last night. His body language was completely contradictory (hands to face, etc.) any quote from this guy is coached. Let's move on.

You are such a mega douche.

Ravage!!!
08-27-2009, 01:39 PM

The problem with this comment is, that McDaniels is SUCH a big liar that we can't take anything he says, at all, seriously.

At least we know Cutler speaks his mind. Seems that many Bronco fans just last month were complaining about his honesty in saying the bears at the TCs were a nine compared to the Broncos at a 6. Now he's being coached.

I don't know what the big deal is. The kid is growing up, and learning to speak the PC talk. Isn't that you guys were hoping/wanting/wishing for? Isn't that what happens with QBs growing up in the NFL? Look at the doooosh in SD. He had to grow up after his complete immaturity showing on the field. Roth had to learn not to ride motorcycles without a helmet.

Day1BroncoFan
08-27-2009, 01:42 PM
The problem with this comment is, that McDaniels is SUCH a big liar that we can't take anything he says, at all, seriously.

At least we know Cutler speaks his mind. Seems that many Bronco fans just last month were complaining about his honesty in saying the bears at the TCs were a nine compared to the Broncos at a 6. Now he's being coached.

I don't know what the big deal is. The kid is growing up, and learning to speak the PC talk. Isn't that you guys were hoping/wanting/wishing for? Isn't that what happens with QBs growing up in the NFL? Look at the doooosh in SD. He had to grow up after his complete immaturity showing on the field. Roth had to learn not to ride motorcycles without a helmet.

This doesn't make sense in this context to me unless...

I know you have proof of this and that you are posting in this thread right now.

Ravage!!!
08-27-2009, 01:43 PM
John Elway was known as the crybaby who couldn't get his team a Super Bowl victory -

As much as it pains me to say it, Carol.. he's right. Not from Denver fans, but from around the NFL.

Who's name was brought up the most when Eli let it be known he did NOT want to be drafted by San Diego?? Other than Eli's (obviously) it was the comparisons to John Elway. People remember Elway's young career as being one of a cocky kid that changed the NFL because he refused to go to Baltimore.

He was always thought of as a great (incredible) talent...but thought of as a spoiled brat (early in his career) by most outside of Bronco Territory.

GEM
08-27-2009, 03:05 PM

You haven't heard an analyst say that Cutler is a crybaby? :confused: Have you not turned on a radio or television since January?

There was something in Jay that didn't mesh with McDaniels. I'm not a Jay Cutler fan, I'm a Denver Broncos fan. I didn't like the move, but I'm not going to stop loving the Broncos over it. I'm going to stick around and continue loving the team I've loved for 34 years.

Give it some time...they may surprise you. It's just too early to throw them under the bus. ;)

claymore
08-27-2009, 03:06 PM
You haven't heard an analyst say that Cutler is a crybaby? :confused: Have you not turned on a radio or television since January?

There was something in Jay that didn't mesh with McDaniels. I'm not a Jay Cutler fan, I'm a Denver Broncos fan. I didn't like the move, but I'm not going to stop loving the Broncos over it. I'm going to stick around and continue loving the team I've loved for 34 years.

Give it some time...they may surprise you. It's just too early to throw them under the bus. ;)

I still love the Broncos.

broncogirl7
08-27-2009, 03:09 PM
I still love the Broncos, but getting rid of Cutler was a bad idea. We are going to be hurting big-time for the next several years while we try and groom another quarterback. I have a horrible feeling we'll be watching the Bears have a great year with Cutler and that will make me really pissed off.
I do not have a love-fest with McDaniels...he must prove to us that he deserves the Bronco fans dedication. I haven't seen much yet, except I like the 3-4 defense.

GEM
08-27-2009, 03:10 PM
I still love the Broncos.

Good Clay...that's something to build on. :D

Day1BroncoFan
08-27-2009, 03:12 PM
I don't think getting rid of Cutler was the best choice.

I can't predict the future so I'll wait and see what happens before I write the season off.

We could go to the super bowl (I doubt it).

We will more likely be around 8-8 or 7-9. If we're worse then fire Bowlen.

Gimpygod
08-27-2009, 03:25 PM

I am not saying that, Carol, it was said by pundits and fans back in the day, specifically during the Tommy Maddox situation. I had very similar arguments back in the BBS days. Bronco fans were saying Dan Reeves was correct in trying to get rid of Elway citing his lack of maturity, interceptions and inability to win the big one. I said they were wrong back then about and I'm saying people are wrong about Jay Cutler In an eerily similar fashion. Kyle is a severe downgrade in talent and the person McDaniels was trying to obtain can't even clinch the Kansas City quarterback position which is really pathetic. If people would give that we made a really bad move but we have to live with it to be bronco fans I could understand but to pretend like we are better off now makes me insane.

claymore
08-27-2009, 03:27 PM
I am not saying that, Carol, it was said by pundits and fans back in the day, specifically during the Tommy Maddox situation. I had very similar arguments back in the BBS days. Bronco fans were saying Dan Reeves was correct in trying to get rid of Elway citing his lack of maturity, interceptions and inability to win the big one. I said they were wrong back then about and I'm saying people are wrong about Jay Cutler In an eerily similar fashion. Kyle is a severe downgrade in talent and the person McDaniels was trying to obtain can't even clinch the Kansas City quarterback position which is really pathetic. If people would give that we made a really bad move but we have to live with it to be bronco fans I could understand but to pretend like we are better off now makes me insane.

Both Cassell and McD will probably be either out of the league, or working for different teams in 3 years. And we (Broncos fans) payed the price.

Day1BroncoFan
08-27-2009, 03:29 PM
We should retire Cutlers jersey now and be done with it.

Best QB we ever had.

claymore
08-27-2009, 03:30 PM
We should retire Cutlers jersey now and be done with it.

Best QB we ever had.

Possibly.

Gimpygod
08-27-2009, 03:31 PM

:elefant: exactly what I was looking for!:elefant: It sucked but we must move on. I love you man, and I'm not just saying that because your Broncos fan and terribly cute.:salute:

T.K.O.
08-27-2009, 03:43 PM
I don't think getting rid of Cutler was the best choice.

I can't predict the future so I'll wait and see what happens before I write the season off.

We could go to the super bowl (I doubt it).

We will more likely be around 8-8 or 7-9. If we're worse then fire Bowlen.

i agree BUT.....
it wasnt really our choice.
the only arguement that can be made is"cutler was under contract"....correct
but only for 1 year so what some people fail to realize is if we had forced cutler's hand and made him stay (though he made it clear he wanted out)is that we would have been grooming another qb into the system for the next few years anyway and would have basically wasted a year teaching the offense to jay.whereby setting the team 's rebuilding back yet another year.
so if it was obvious that the whole team was basically being rebuilt and jay did'nt want any part of it ....what good would have come from postponing his departure by one year?

claymore
08-27-2009, 03:48 PM
i agree BUT.....
it wasnt really our choice.
the only arguement that can be made is"cutler was under contract"....correct
but only for 1 year so what some people fail to realize is if we had forced cutler's hand and made him stay (though he made it clear he wanted out)is that we would have been grooming another qb into the system for the next few years anyway and would have basically wasted a year teaching the offense to jay.whereby setting the team 's rebuilding back yet another year.
so if it was obvious that the whole team was basically being rebuilt and jay did'nt want any part of it ....what good would have come from postponing his departure by one year?

He had 3 years left on his contract.

T.K.O.
08-27-2009, 03:56 PM

oh...well thats different.
but i doubt he would have stayed ,hell we offered him the job several times and he declined,so it really doesnt matter if he had 10 years on his contract he didnt want to play for whatever reason and he is not the owner or hc.
so he forced the deal and bowlen said "buh bye" dont let the door hit ya in the a$$.
old news at this point:D

Gimpygod
08-27-2009, 04:03 PM

That was awesome, you cut his argument off at the knees and he just rolls over on to the new stumps and says, "it doesn't matter, it would have turned out the same way." Maybe you can explain to me, my friend, why so many believe Jay wanted out prior to the attempted trade? Imaginations run amok if you ask me.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-27-2009, 04:28 PM
That was awesome, you cut his argument off at the knees and he just rolls over on to the new stumps and says, "it doesn't matter, it would have turned out the same way." Maybe you can explain to me, my friend, why so many believe Jay wanted out prior to the attempted trade? Imaginations run amok if you ask me.

Just maybe - he did NOT like all of the changes, and did NOT want to stick around, and used the least little thing to "get out of town".

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/dec/30/broncos-cutler-shanahan-firing/

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen stunned people across the NFL Tuesday by letting Mike Shanahan go.

And count a surprised, angered quarterback in Jay Cutler among them.

"I'm disappointed, I'm shocked, I'm not happy about it, I'm not pleased with it at all," Cutler said by phone Tuesday. "We had zero inkling this was going to happen. I didn't have a clue."

Cutler was particularly interested to hear what the fate of current quarterbacks coach Jeremy Bates would be. Bates just finished his first year as the team's play-caller on game day.

"I hope it all works out," Cutler said. "But I know I'm disappointed, I'm not happy, and it's a lot to think about. I just want to continue the things we were able to do this year on offense and get better all the time."

Gimpygod
08-27-2009, 04:38 PM
Just maybe - he did NOT like all of the changes, and did NOT want to stick around, and used the least little thing to "get out of town".

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/dec/30/broncos-cutler-shanahan-firing/

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen stunned people across the NFL Tuesday by letting Mike Shanahan go.

And count a surprised, angered quarterback in Jay Cutler among them.

"I'm disappointed, I'm shocked, I'm not happy about it, I'm not pleased with it at all," Cutler said by phone Tuesday. "We had zero inkling this was going to happen. I didn't have a clue."

Cutler was particularly interested to hear what the fate of current quarterbacks coach Jeremy Bates would be. Bates just finished his first year as the team's play-caller on game day.

"I hope it all works out," Cutler said. "But I know I'm disappointed, I'm not happy, and it's a lot to think about. I just want to continue the things we were able to do this year on offense and get better all the time."

That pretty much says it all... still referring to himself as part of a team, disappointed the guy who drafted him was fired (seems reasonable). Surprised that the winningest coach over the course of the last 15 years was fired (again, reasonable). If this is what the McDaniels apologists see as proof then there is no hope.

MOtorboat
08-27-2009, 04:39 PM

Wow...

"I didn't have a clue."

Wow...

:tsk:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-27-2009, 04:51 PM
That pretty much says it all... still referring to himself as part of a team, disappointed the guy who drafted him was fired (seems reasonable). Surprised that the winningest coach over the course of the last 15 years was fired (again, reasonable). If this is what the McDaniels apologists see as proof then there is no hope.

The article was written on December 30, 2008. At that particular time, he still was a part of the team - Shanahan had just been fired.

But oh well - obviously, your mind is made up - so be it.

Lonestar
08-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Both Cassell and McD will probably be either out of the league, or working for different teams in 3 years. And we (Broncos fans) payed the price.

in your fondest dreams.. I just do not understand the hate .. especially since they have yet to play a game..

Day1BroncoFan
08-27-2009, 04:57 PM
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/images/%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CMF93275lg.jpg

Ravage!!!
08-27-2009, 04:59 PM
of course he was shocked and disappointed. You hear that all the time from players around the NFL when a coach is fired or unexpectedly retires. Its unexpected... hence, shocking.

MO wants to try and make it sound as if it means something by saying "I didn't have a clue".... guess what, I'm sure a lot of the players were saying that. "wow." Not like we were Detroit going 0-16 and knew the coach was going to be fired.

That just doesn't prove he wanted out, to me. That doesn't show that he wanted out before the trade attempt/debacle. Just shows a player that was shocked and surprised his coach was fired, just as SOOOO many of the fans and media were.

Lonestar
08-27-2009, 05:02 PM

Wow...

"I didn't have a clue."

Wow...

:tsk:

and some still think he is going to be a franchise QB..:lol:

Ravage!!!
08-27-2009, 05:03 PM
in your fondest dreams.. I just do not understand the hate .. especially since they have yet to play a game..

In all likely hood, he's right. It doesn't take hate to see the odds are HIGH against him. Doesn't take 'hate' to bet against the hard-8. Young, first time, HCs normally do NOT make it in their first attempt/stint as an NFL head coach longer than three years. Can it happen, sure. But the odds are not looking good in his favor, especially after making one of the BIGGEST (and dumbest in my opinion) trades and getting rid of the best player on his team.

That will ALWAYS be hanging on his head, no matter what happens. Losing season... thats going to come up every time. Bad game by Orton, thats going to come up every time. Every Denver game on National Tv, thats going to come up every time. Every Chicago game, thats going to come up every time.

Ravage!!!
08-27-2009, 05:03 PM
and some still think he is going to be a franchise QB..:lol:

:lol: at those that don't see that he already is!!!! :lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
08-27-2009, 05:07 PM
I have ask the following question before, and I will ask it again.

What can be done to change the fact that Cutler is now the Bears' QB, and Orton is the Broncos QB??????? All the talking will NOT change that fact.

Day1BroncoFan
08-27-2009, 05:11 PM
http://beargoggleson.com/files/2009/08/cutler-thinking-big-payday1.JPG

Ravage!!!
08-27-2009, 05:14 PM
I have ask the following question before, and I will ask it again.

What can be done to change the fact that Cutler is now the Bears' QB, and Orton is the Broncos QB??????? All the talking will NOT change that fact.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. But it will be something that hangs over this franchise's head for years to come. Even if we aren't talking about it (and we will be).. .the media will be talking about it. Other teams will continue to talk about it. Nothing is going to change it, thats for sure (and that saddens me more)....

But we can't help be be living through one of those moves that could literally be a pivoting point for this franchise, and one that could very well be one that we zero in on a decade down the road. You/we/fans around the NFL just don't see trades like that happen. Its why Eli and Rivers will ALWAYS be connected, and why Eli got SUCH heavy criticism for years. Not only did he ahve the comparisons to his brother, but had the detractors take away from his draft position, and then the refusal to play in SD.

Cutler and Denver/McDaniels will always be tied. Even when McDaniels moves on, we'll have to continue to live with that decision and McDaniels will always have that decision follow him around no matter where he ends up.

It was THAT big of a trade.

T.K.O.
08-27-2009, 05:27 PM

did mcdaniels fire shanahan?
should mcD apologize for taking the job he was offered?
should any head coach in the nfl let his qb make coaching personel decisions?
the answer to all of the above is.....NO!

T.K.O.
08-27-2009, 05:36 PM
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. But it will be something that hangs over this franchise's head for years to come. Even if we aren't talking about it (and we will be).. .the media will be talking about it. Other teams will continue to talk about it. Nothing is going to change it, thats for sure (and that saddens me more)....

But we can't help be be living through one of those moves that could literally be a pivoting point for this franchise, and one that could very well be one that we zero in on a decade down the road. You/we/fans around the NFL just don't see trades like that happen. Its why Eli and Rivers will ALWAYS be connected, and why Eli got SUCH heavy criticism for years. Not only did he ahve the comparisons to his brother, but had the detractors take away from his draft position, and then the refusal to play in SD.

Cutler and Denver/McDaniels will always be tied. Even when McDaniels moves on, we'll have to continue to live with that decision and McDaniels will always have that decision follow him around no matter where he ends up.

and we could make the playoffs 5 out of the next 6 years then we will be laughing about it....point?
remember we are the team that blew a 3 game division lead with 3 games to go....dude they're already laughing at us....it can only get better.cheer up !

Lonestar
08-27-2009, 05:46 PM
and we could make the playoffs 5 out of the next 6 years then we will be laughing about it....point?

FWIW NO ONE is going the change anyones mind about cutler vs KO vs mike vs Josh and almost none of those folks convince that Pat is a drunk will never see what is going on as a Rebuild of their beloved Broncos..

The owner decided that major changes were needed and hired Josh an Offensive Wizard vs hiring Spagnola the Defensive wizard.. when he made that decision as owner of the Broncos it was inevitable that the remodel would become almost a total rebuild..

when jay could not deal with his HC and then his crying towel holder in Bates were fired and removed from his earphone he bailed..

at least now ALL the bench can used by everyone opposed to having a portion reserved for jays pouting..

stop trying to change their minds because as open as YOU and most other fans are to it theirs is closed to anything not mike and jay..

LRtagger
08-27-2009, 05:55 PM

The same situation didn't seem to effect Elway's legacy. And now that Eli has a ring, no one hardly ever talks about the trade anymore.

If McDaniels wins, this all becomes water under the bridge. People will seldom mention it and his legacy as the coach of the Broncos will not hinge on it. Winning is exactly what he was brought in here to do...so with or without Cutler (obviously without) I expect him to win...and I will give him the benefit of the doubt by letting him attempt to win some games before I deem the guy a failure.

Do I think it was a mistake to let Cutler go? Sure I do, but obviously he wanted out as well, so it is silly to dwell on it now. Both men played an integral part in the trade, but if McDaniels can win, it wont really matter to me. And since he hasn't LOST anything yet, I'm not going to condemn him.

Superchop 7
08-28-2009, 06:19 PM
0-2 in preseason

Franchise QB

Best WR

Nope......hasn't lost a thing.

claymore
08-28-2009, 06:20 PM
0-2 in preseason

Franchise QB

Best WR

Nope......hasn't lost a thing.

We are better off. We need to break it down before we build it up.

Superchop 7
08-28-2009, 06:22 PM
We are better off. We need to break it down before we build it up.

__________________________________________________ ______________________________________

Oh it's broke.

Right now The Broncos are a "pick em" in Vegas vs the "bye week".