PDA

View Full Version : STUPID SQUIRRELS!! Help please!

underrated29
11-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Kap? or anyone else know how to get rid of a stupid squirrell?

I have this one COCKY A$$ squirrell that has been hanging around my place for the last few months.

At first he was cute, and my son would enjoy watching him eat some nuts that my wife would put outside, but lately he has been raiding the trash can.

We left town last week and just got back lastnight, and now it has chewed a giant perfect circle through the trash can.

Normally i would do a couple of things and make sure this cocky squirrell never dreams of comming back, however the wife has made him so comfortable around us, that i can walk up to him and he will just stare at me like "what, you got something to say".

needless to say, he has to go. Wifey is a huge animal lover. HUGE. so i cant kill it, i checked online and it said put pepper around the perimeter. But i wanted to see if anyone else knew of a method that would work. That doesnt involve pissing my wife off.

ps. i already thought about putting a bunch of tacs, and nailis through the lid, but i also got flamed for that one too.

Jody
11-17-2007, 05:59 PM
Underrated....

You in BIG TROUBLE mista! :D

You say you have squirrel problems? And you think there's an answer? :tsk:

Personally, I love the little munchkins.....they be very smart! Have you never seen the Geico commercial?

Seriously now, as we can get on this subject...ya nut.

Remember this very important rule: Squirrels look at you and LAUGH!

I've watched my father for YEARS, chase squirrels out of his bird feeder, vasoline up a pole that leads to the bird food (thinking they'd slip off on their way up the pole), run after them saying "You SOB!", and now he has a gun by his back door. :tsk: (One time he caught me feeding them some cheerios - they do LOVE them cheerios!)

He NOT crazy....he just SQUIRREL CRAZY!

GOOD LUCK UNDERRATED! :D

KCL
11-17-2007, 06:00 PM
My father in law had one that chewing on his house ..yes chewing on his
house...he caught it in a trap and took it outside of town and dumped it.

This past spring...I had one that wouldnt stay out of the bird feeder I had
hanging off my deck.He would eat all the birdfeed up in no time.I thought it
was cute at first but it got annoying.I finally took the feeder down and
hopefully I won't have that problem again next spring.

Anyway yea my father in law used a trap.

Jody
11-17-2007, 06:03 PM
My father in law had one that chewing on his house ..yes chewing on his
house...he caught it in a trap and took it outside of town and dumped it.

This past spring...I had one that wouldnt stay out of the bird feeder I had
hanging off my deck.He would eat all the birdfeed up in no time.I thought it
was cute at first but it got annoying.I finally took the feeder down and
hopefully I won't have that problem again next spring.

Anyway yea my father in law used a trap.

That's NOT FAIR! Poor innocent squirrels.... they are so misunderstood. :D

BigBroncLove
11-17-2007, 06:03 PM
Well a common way to force squirrels to avoid areas is to wipe a chili pepper paste or oil over an object that makes it undesirable. Squirrels teeth grow continiously which make them cpaable of chewing or biting many many things. By wiping a hot substance (for instance Asian chili pepper oil) over the outside of the trashcan will make the squirrel dislike it a great deal, though it may not dissuade it from the contents inside. I would try two things personally. Chili pepper oil on the outside and spray mace as well. While the squirrel does not have an extremely strong sense of smell, it is strong enough for it dislike the strong odors involved with mace. You can also put specia squirrel tape around it which forces the squirrel to dislike whatever is near it but I would use this as a last resort as rarely squirrels can rip the tape and get tangled in it, causing death or the inability to forage.

One thing your wife should note, do not feed squirrels peanuts. Certien things inside peanuts make the squirrel unable to process protiens and can cause serious physiological probelms for the squirrel over time. Sunflower seeds should also not be fed to them.

Good luck with your problem and hopefully you cna find a way to coexist with your little furry fiend.

KCL
11-17-2007, 06:05 PM
That's NOT FAIR! Poor innocent squirrels.... they are so misunderstood. :D

whats not fair?:confused:

Jody
11-17-2007, 06:06 PM
Well a common way to force squirrels to avoid areas is to wipe a chili pepper paste or oil over an object that makes it undesirable. Squirrels teeth grow continiously which make them cpaable of chewing or biting many many things. By wiping a hot substance (for instance Asian chili pepper oil) over the outside of the trashcan will make the squirrel dislike it a great deal, though it may not dissuade it from the contents inside. I would try two things personally. Chili pepper oil on the outside and spray mace as well. While the squirrel does not have an extremely strong sense of smell, it is strong enough for it dislike the strong odors involved with mace. You can also put specia squirrel tape around it which forces the squirrel to dislike whatever is near it but I would use this as a last resort as rarely squirrels can rip the tape and get tangled in it, causing death or the inability to forage.

One thing your wife should note, do not feed squirrels peanuts. Certien things inside peanuts make the squirrel unable to process protiens and can cause serious physiological probelms for the squirrel over time. Sunflower seeds should also not be fed to them.

Good luck with your problem and hopefully you cna find a way to coexist with your little furry fiend.

So, what you're saying is, BBL....she should not purchase a 5# bag of unsalted peanuts and place them in the trees all over the back yard? :shocked: I've been 'wonderin' what's been going on with those little heathens. :D

Jody
11-17-2007, 06:08 PM
whats not fair?:confused:

To TRAP them. It's too entertaining to observe the 'art of squirrel' avoidance!

A Trap - that's not very exciting. :D

BigBroncLove
11-17-2007, 06:11 PM
So, what you're saying is, BBL....she should not purchase a 5# bag of unsalted peanuts and place them in the trees all over the back yard? :shocked: I've been 'wonderin' what's been going on with those little heathens.

No, no no.... a five pound bag is the magical number in which the tysperin in the peanuts won't effect the squirrels ability to absorb protiens ;) . Especially if its a five pound bag bought at a rockies game. Those are the perfect peanuts to feed any squirrel :laugh: .

Seriously though, Its a common thing we humans do, feed squirrels peanuts but recent studies have shown this to be a problem for squirrels internal ability to absorb the needed protien they require. Roasted peanuts tend to have less tysperin so they are better for squirrels then other peanut types, btu none the less still contian enough to cause problems for squirrels. I suggest feeding squirrels pot roast with a side of mashed potatoes. That or any other type of nut besides sunflower seeds or peanuts :P

KCL
11-17-2007, 06:12 PM
To TRAP them. It's too entertaining to observe the 'art of squirrel' avoidance!

A Trap - that's not very exciting. :D

He wanted to get rid of the critter...I suppose he could of used
a BB gun or a 22...:eek:

Does that sound exciting enough?

Jody
11-17-2007, 06:13 PM
No, no no.... a five pound bag is the magical number in which the tysperin in the peanuts won't effect the squirrels ability to absorb protiens ;) . Especially if its a five pound bag bought at a rockies game. Those are the perfect peanuts to feed any squirrel :laugh: .

Seriously though, Its a common thing we humans do, feed squirrels peanuts but recent studies have shown this to be a problem for squirrels internal ability to absorb the needed protien they require. Roasted peanuts tend to have less tysperin so they are better for squirrels then other peanut types, btu none the less still contian enough to cause problems for squirrels. I suggest feeding squirrels pot roast with a side of mashed potatoes. That or any other type of nut besides sunflower seeds or peanuts :P

Well, I know ONE thing BBL....they don't care fer Fruit Loops too much! :laugh:

Jody
11-17-2007, 06:20 PM
In fact....I'm going to dig-up this GREAT video of a STUPID squirrel IN ACTION!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fQ3nOxZEe0s

This one likes Baby Ruths! :D

BigBroncLove
11-17-2007, 06:24 PM
In fact....I'm going to dig-up this GREAT video of a STUPID squirrel IN ACTION!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fQ3nOxZEe0s

This one likes Baby Ruths! :D

I'll do you one better....

Drunk Squirrel!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4ikH9ZRcF2Q

Jody
11-17-2007, 06:41 PM
I'll do you one better....

Drunk Squirrel!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4ikH9ZRcF2Q

That POOR BABY! Ahhh... poor thing. :sick: :D

underrated29
11-17-2007, 06:46 PM
thanks so far for some help, i guess peanuts might be my best choice.

I tried the chili pepper thing so we will see. One thing though is that in the trash can there are tons of stinky baby diapers- so he must not have a snese of smell at all

Jody
11-17-2007, 06:53 PM
thanks so far for some help, i guess peanuts might be my best choice.
I tried the chili pepper thing so we will see. One thing though is that in the trash can there are tons of stinky baby diapers- so he must not have a snese of smell at all

Funny underrated...I was kind of thinking that SAME thing when BBL mentioned it. Hmmmmmm....*peanuts* ? :confused: :D

Well, are you SURE it's a squirrel in your trash can vs a coon?

Jody
11-17-2007, 07:07 PM
Once visiting with my friend on the phone, she was telling me "Hey, I've got a squirrel on my deck!" I nearly choked on my coffee.

Say "I've got a squirrel on my deck!" fast, 3 times....you'll know what I mean.

underrated29
11-17-2007, 07:59 PM
Once visiting with my friend on the phone, she was telling me "Hey, I've got a squirrel on my deck!" I nearly choked on my coffee.

Say "I've got a squirrel on my deck!" fast, 3 times....you'll know what I mean.

lol, thats pretty good.

yup, im sure its a squirrell. he is a cocky one too. He wont run away if you approach him. And if i guard my trashcan he will still come up to me trying to figure out a way past me to the trash can.

I hate him.

Jody
11-17-2007, 08:03 PM
lol, thats pretty good.

yup, im sure its a squirrell. he is a cocky one too. He wont run away if you approach him. And if i guard my trashcan he will still come up to me trying to figure out a way past me to the trash can.
I hate him.

I LOVE him!:D

KCL
11-17-2007, 08:12 PM
lol, thats pretty good.

I hate him.

trap him in a cage and he won't be so cocky....:laugh::laugh:

and while you have him trapped...you could skin him and cook him

up :grillin: and have a tasty snack :hungry:

Jody
11-17-2007, 08:24 PM
trap him in a cage and he won't be so cocky....

up :grillin: and have a tasty snack

Yeah, nothin' like the smell of squirrel on a spit! :D

My oh my! This is a whole other side to you I haven't seen yet! :scared:

underrated...go ahead...TRAP HIM....just remember there's more where he came from....thousands of them! They're just standing in a line waiting to take his place!

You've gone SQUIRREL CRAZY! :eek:

Uncle Buck
11-17-2007, 10:14 PM

I have this one COCKY A$$ squirrell that has been hanging around my place for the last few months.

At first he was cute, and my son would enjoy watching him eat some nuts that my wife would put outside, but lately he has been raiding the trash can.

We left town last week and just got back lastnight, and now it has chewed a giant perfect circle through the trash can.

Normally i would do a couple of things and make sure this cocky squirrell never dreams of comming back, however the wife has made him so comfortable around us, that i can walk up to him and he will just stare at me like "what, you got something to say".

needless to say, he has to go. Wifey is a huge animal lover. HUGE. so i cant kill it, i checked online and it said put pepper around the perimeter. But i wanted to see if anyone else knew of a method that would work. That doesnt involve pissing my wife off.

ps. i already thought about putting a bunch of tacs, and nailis through the lid, but i also got flamed for that one too.

Funny story, U-R! :laugh:

First off, I’ll have to side with your wife and the squirrel on this one! And if he/she is actually diggin’ into the trash, then I say yer not feedin’ same enough nuts!

I can relate…

When we purchased this home (back in 2000), had no clue there was a resident squirrel. Shortly after moving in, my wife stepped out of the back porch, to be greeted like this frantic little furry critter, dancin’ about her feet, as if she were plugged into Elton’s “Tiny Dancer.” My wife, friend of the animals, was taken a bit off guard, and expressed some degree of anxiety over this unexpected event. Her first reaction was, “Is this animal RABID??” :eek:

Well, happily for us and the squirrel alike, our newly named, “Spooky,” was not rabid at all. She was just very aggressive in terms of her little “expectations,” which turned out to be a regular “handout,” which was to last over the next four years.

Spooky was a mob squirrel. You give’a de “protection money,” you have’a no problemo with your Hefty bags. But that policy of hers was not to apply to Halloween pumpkins, placed outside the front porch by my wife, with pride. Invariably, these pumpkins would be re-carved, each ensuing season—and not with pride… unless you consider an otherwise fine mask of the classic Halloween hobgoblin “face,” newly decimated into just a “pumpkin without a face,” a work of fine plastic surgery (or should I say “vegetable surgery?”).

Someone (in this thread) suggested a negative side-effect of feeding peanuts to the squirrels, smacking of Rodentia “drugs.” While always concerned with the dietary requirements of the denizens of the Outdoors, I have found that our peanuts have not been to their apparent detriment. Spooky lived for at least 4 years beyond the day when she first “trained” us. And, from what I’ve read, squirrel life expectancy is but a mere 4-6 years. While many squirrel bodies have been found (and very sadly) flattened by cars in the immediate neighborhood, there is no evidence that she was among those casualties. I would like to think that she just died of old age (and way too much “child-bearing”) within the safety of her nest. So, point is, if peanuts (but always unsalted) should be a “drug” factor, it has never given any evidence whatsoever that same became an obstacle to normal squirrel functioning/survival.

Before Spooky passed on to her “Happy Peanut Land” in the sky (sometime in 2004), she did keenly tutor one daughter as to the ways of the world of reality, who was to take her place.

Enter the “Missy.” Just like mom, Missy has the same demands. Our yard, and either porch, is her domain. If you step outside at her designated meal time, you’d best go back in and produce some peanuts! After all, SHE KNOWS WHERE WE LIVE!

While Missy is a bit hesitant to actually climb up your legs for a closer “squirrel-to-human” contact, as her mom was known to do, she does not hesitate in making her demands known.

And, funny thing. We have this cat, “Alaska.”

Now, while K loves this adopted cat, I’ve never really warmed up to her. As far as cats go, she is “lame.” Declawed, even, by her former owner. Back in the Spooky years, Alaska would actually try to catch that bellwether squirrel. But, obviously, to no avail.

While Alaska still tries (but in very feeble attempts) to be an actual…cat… predator, enemy of all of the Rodentia Kingdom… she is a failure.

And, to add insult to injury, both Spooky (the mom) and Missy (the daughter) are keenly aware of this. The both simply ignored her.

Today, Alaska made a feeble attempt to guard her front porch, chasing Missy halfway down the steps. By about step number 3, Missy turned around, ignoring Alaska, because K appeared, peanuts in hand….at which point the Ms. Simply brushed the cat aside and regained her place at the porch.

[Alaska, in cat language is saying…”As a predator, I’m an absolute FAILURE!… I’m gonna go back inside, climb upon the couch, and put on a Tony Robbins video!”]

Now I know that squirrels are smart, cuz, both mom and daughter survived well beyond squirrel expectations in a human/cat infested world. Just as both know individual humans, they apparently both knew individual cats. And, in four years, you are gonna eventually run into an alley cat.

Well, Missy is three years old by now, and showing her “battle scars,” as her mom did, after reaching middle age. She is not so pretty as she once was, as you will see in the photo below. Notice the tattered ears? Hash marks from many a squirrel fight. [For reasons unbeknownst to me—other that for sheer survival—all creatures share one thing in common: they just do not “get along.” ]

This is Missy (taken last week), thru the front porch screen. She was, of course, here for her free ride, as if to say, “ANYBODY HOME??” :confused:

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t6/BucklandBronco/Missy.jpg

BigBroncLove
11-18-2007, 05:36 PM
Someone (in this thread) suggested a negative side-effect of feeding peanuts to the squirrels, smacking of Rodentia “drugs.” While always concerned with the dietary requirements of the denizens of the Outdoors, I have found that our peanuts have not been to their apparent detriment.

Funny story Buck, but so it is understood, peanuts are an accumalitive effect on squirrels and not an immediate one. Its not as if the peanuts wil lsuddenly and quickly kill the squirrel. However as Tysperin builds in a squirrels system over time it does effects its ability to absorb needed protiens. Eventually the squirrel will be unable to process any protiens in its intestines and will die from it. As far as I understand it, a squirrels life expectency is 7 - 10 years...

See the findings of Dr. James Kieswetter of Eastern Washington University for mroe info on why peanuts are bad for squirrels.

underrated29
11-18-2007, 06:05 PM
well its official, the sutpid squirrell can't smell. This morning he was prancing around the deck and the trash can. Completely oblivious of the chili pepper vineager repellent i doused everythign with.

Buck good story, but i still dont like mine.

I am going to have to step things up a notch. I will let you all know what i plan to do. After i come up with a plan.

BigBroncLove
11-18-2007, 06:10 PM
well its official, the sutpid squirrell can't smell. This morning he was prancing around the deck and the trash can. Completely oblivious of the chili pepper vineager repellent i doused everythign with.

I am going to have to step things up a notch. I will let you all know what i plan to do. After i come up with a plan.

ITs not a smell thing, its a taste thing when involving chili pepper. If he tries to chew on it it should make him dislike it. I would suggest Chili oil since it is very hot, where is if you just mix chili powder with a liquid it does not create a spicy mix. If you are forced to use some type of home made brew of chili powder liquid, add cheynne pepper to ensure the proper spicyness that will repel the squirrel from chewing on the trash can.

Jody
11-18-2007, 06:10 PM

UR - please 'do' tell us what you're plan of action is! *rubs hands together*

I tell ya....these squirrels are the smartest little buggers ever! They know what you are going to do, before YOU know what you are going to do. :D

Uncle Buck
11-18-2007, 07:21 PM
Funny story Buck, but so it is understood, peanuts are an accumalitive effect on squirrels and not an immediate one. Its not as if the peanuts wil lsuddenly and quickly kill the squirrel. However as Tysperin builds in a squirrels system over time it does effects its ability to absorb needed protiens. Eventually the squirrel will be unable to process any protiens in its intestines and will die from it. As far as I understand it, a squirrels life expectency is 7 - 10 years...

See the findings of Dr. James Kieswetter of Eastern Washington University for mroe info on why peanuts are bad for squirrels.

Thanks for the feedback, re peanuts, BBL. I'll look up that research you've suggested. Perhaps we'll need to come up with an alternative food supply for the little buggers.

As for life expectancy, I'm pretty sure that I read where the fox squirrel (our variety in Colorado) is just 4-6 years... but possibly that "7 -10" figure is in captivity? I do know that their greatest urban enemy is the automobile.

Poet
11-18-2007, 07:31 PM
Just run up and punt the damn thing. I hate those damn squirrels, HATE them.

OB
11-18-2007, 08:42 PM
i heard peanuts n sunflower seeds

Uncle Buck
11-18-2007, 09:26 PM
i heard peanuts n sunflower seeds

In terms of? They be good or bad? :confused:

--Rocky the Flying Squirrel

eessydo
11-18-2007, 09:46 PM
Cayenne Pepper!

Works like a charm. Wet down some peanuts and roll them in Cayenne pepper. If that doesn't work, go to this site and pick up this sauce THE SOURCE (http://www.originaljuan.com/ssl/shopping/products/?pg=1c667cba-664f-4a61-a798-48ea0407b89c), at 7.1 million scoville units it should cook the ******* from the inside out (your wife will never know)

Jody
11-18-2007, 10:47 PM
Just run up and punt the damn thing. I hate those damn squirrels, HATE them.

:shocked: King- you might reconsider this should you want to date later in the future. :D Girls are a little skeptical of this type of behavior. ;)

Poet
11-18-2007, 11:22 PM
:shocked: King- you might reconsider this should you want to date later in the future. :D Girls are a little skeptical of this type of behavior. ;)

Bah, why date when you can just............................ok, you got me.;)

underrated29
11-18-2007, 11:42 PM
easydo, thats some good advice right there.

What i used was Texas pete hot souce and mixed a sht load of that with a ton of vineager, and pepper corns...??

Not sure.

Ms. jody or is it mrs?

I like you better as ms. I will advise of my new plan, but i still need to come up with one. I had a great one, however last night i had like the worst stomach/intestinal pain ever. oh, it felt so bad, and as much as i dont like stupid squirrell, i dont want it to go through all that. (atleast not yet.hehe.)

i should have something by tomorrow when i get off work.

lol. dum ******* doesnt know who he messin with.:cool:

I hope i am smarter then a squirrell.

ps. i dont want to trap it although im sure i could easily do that, but i have reason to believe, like buck said, that there are mini squirrels that would die if i removed big momma.

Jody
11-19-2007, 11:44 PM
easydo, thats some good advice right there.

What i used was Texas pete hot souce and mixed a sht load of that with a ton of vineager, and pepper corns...??

Not sure.

Ms. jody or is it mrs?

I like you better as ms. I will advise of my new plan, but i still need to come up with one. I had a great one, however last night i had like the worst stomach/intestinal pain ever. oh, it felt so bad, and as much as i dont like stupid squirrell, i dont want it to go through all that. (atleast not yet.hehe.)

i should have something by tomorrow when i get off work.

lol. dum ******* doesnt know who he messin with.:cool:

I hope i am smarter then a squirrell.

ps. i dont want to trap it although im sure i could easily do that, but i have reason to believe, like buck said, that there are mini squirrels that would die if i removed big momma.

Soon to be 'Ms.' thank you for the compliment.

So....where's 'your plan' man? Let's see this squirrel scoop asap. :pop2:

Poet
11-19-2007, 11:59 PM
Soon to be 'Ms.' thank you for the compliment.

So....where's 'your plan' man? Let's see this squirrel scoop asap. :pop2:

I still say that punting the squirrel is a solid play.

Jody
11-20-2007, 12:03 AM
I still say that punting the squirrel is a solid play.

Until that squirrel runs up your leg and bites you some place you don't want to be bIttEn. :scared:

Poet
11-20-2007, 12:05 AM
Until that squirrel runs up your leg and bites you some place you don't want to be bIttEn. :scared:

That squirrel wants no part of me. I'll go nuts on him if he goes nuts on my nuts. I play no games with furry woodland creatures!:laugh:

Jody
11-20-2007, 12:07 AM
That squirrel wants no part of me. I'll go nuts on him if he goes nuts on my nuts. I play no games with furry woodland creatures!:laugh:

I just have ONE thing to say...

Squirrels are smarter than anyone of us posting here. :D

Poet
11-20-2007, 12:09 AM
I just have ONE thing to say...

Squirrels are smarter than anyone of us posting here. :D

That is a lie, the sentence that you have just one thing to say is one thing.;)

Squirrels are crafty creatures, but can squirrels turn on the television and watch football? I think not!

underrated29
11-20-2007, 12:10 AM
well we are not at war yet, so i figure i will first try a few preemptive strikes to see if that might keep him away.

1st thought was to fill my super soaker up with some vineager and cayanne pepper sauce and when ever he is on the deck- Drench that fool. HE WILL SMELL IT THEN FOR SURE! And probably have a hard time getting it out of his fur. So that might deter him enough to not come back.

2nd thought i had was to tie a bunch of those little pull fireworks, you know the little boobie traps ones. Rig some of those to the lid so the next time he tries to get the lid of bang. I also have some of the little pops ones too. havent really come up with anything for those yet.

If those dont work, i will have to really step up my game, but i figure since i am a human and he is a squirrell, i shall atleast give him an opportunity before i make sure he never comes back (not by killing him)

KCL
11-20-2007, 12:14 AM
I am telling you....you need one of these...its the only humane thing
to do and then make yourself some squirrel soup...:D

http://www.ahsdirect.co.uk/images/uploads/products/2007/pests/squirrel_trap.jpg

Kapaibro
11-20-2007, 12:29 AM

Squirrels are crafty creatures, but can squirrels turn on the television and watch football? I think not!

Someone has not meet the Skwrl O' Doom. :rolleyes:

Poet
11-20-2007, 12:32 AM
Someone has not meet the Skwrl O' Doom. :rolleyes:

Skwrl O' Doom< epic punt technique!;)

Kapaibro
11-20-2007, 01:36 AM
Skwrl O' Doom< epic punt technique!;)

Oh how little you know.:tsk:

Jody
11-20-2007, 06:11 PM

What are ya talkin' about King....

Squirrels are ON television (i.e. Geico), while we here posting, are not!:D

Jody
11-20-2007, 06:14 PM
I am telling you....you need one of these...its the only humane thing
to do and then make yourself some squirrel soup...:D

http://www.ahsdirect.co.uk/images/uploads/products/2007/pests/squirrel_trap.jpg

What IS this....squirrel soup you refer to? Sounds like you're getting your blood hounds lined up for squirrel huntin' and cleanin' your rusty old shot gun, all for a little, tiny, furry little squirrel, who has no idea you want to skin him!:D

rcsodak
11-20-2007, 06:20 PM
squirrels are tree rats!

shoot em, and if you only maim 'em, throw 'em out in the street for the next car to smoosh.

Poet
11-20-2007, 06:23 PM
What are ya talkin' about King....

Squirrels are ON television (i.e. Geico), while we here posting, are not!:D

Bah, those squirrels need a good punting!

underrated29
11-20-2007, 06:25 PM
, all for a little, tiny, furry little squirrel, who has no idea you want to skin him!:D

You know all squirrells really are RATS with brown fur and a fuzzy tail.

They just think because they live in trees and not the sewer that they are special....I actaully like squirrels, just not when they are eating my trash can.

HAVE YOU EVER SEEn the ones from canada, or arizona? With the big huge pointy ears.... ha ha ha, they are so ugly.

Jody
11-20-2007, 06:32 PM
You suffer from...

sciurophobia....

fear of squirrels

http://fearthesquirrels.ytmnd.com/
(and if you're paranoid, you will not enter this website without coming out more paranoid). You've been warned! :D

Poet
11-20-2007, 06:33 PM
You suffer from...

sciurophobia....

fear of squirrels

http://fearthesquirrels.ytmnd.com/
(and if you're paranoid, you will not enter this website without coming out more paranoid). You've been warned! :D

I think that you just love Squirrels TOO much Jody!:elefant:;)

Jody
11-20-2007, 06:49 PM
I think that you just love Squirrels TOO much Jody!:elefant:;)

Years ago, I had bought a new home. No trees, no bushes, no flowers, just empty wasteland ready for me to start everything in it to grow. At that point, I realized (when it was too late), I should have bought an existing home. :D I enjoy the backyard wildlife - - and I just didn't realize that until there was literally 'none' to be appreciated. :D

Poet
11-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Years ago, I had bought a new home. No trees, no bushes, no flowers, just empty wasteland ready for me to start everything in it to grow. At that point, I realized (when it was too late), I should have bought an existing home. :D I enjoy the backyard wildlife - - and I just didn't realize that until there was literally 'none' to be appreciated. :D

Squirrels are evil creatures hellbent on destorying the world one geico car crash at a time.

schnooks1
11-20-2007, 06:57 PM
You should count your blessings that you aren't dealing with raccoons! My Brother's have literally laid on top of my dad's garage roof with shot gun in hand to get those varmits! They are soooooooooooo cute with those little bandit masks, but ooooh the damage they can do to your garbage! Just thought I would let you know it could be worse!!;)

KCL
11-21-2007, 01:01 AM
squirrels are tree rats!

shoot em, and if you only maim 'em, throw 'em out in the street for the next car to smoosh.

Are you sure you wouldn't rather see them suffer?;)

Maybe you would like them for the soup after they are all suffered out.:D

underrated29
11-23-2007, 11:13 AM
ok, so i hosed the squirrell with the hotsauce/vineager mix and it has kept him away. However, jody is correct, those things are smart. I think he can count or something. Now he NEVER shows up on the weekend or when we are home in the morning or night. But during the dat whilst at work- has come back to reak some revenge on the poor old trash can.

i will have to step up my methods.

Jody
11-23-2007, 11:15 AM
ok, so i hosed the squirrell with the hotsauce/vineager mix and it has kept him away. However, jody is correct, those things are smart. I think he can count or something. Now he NEVER shows up on the weekend or when we are home in the morning or night. But during the dat whilst at work- has come back to reak some revenge on the poor old trash can.

i will have to step up my methods.

I have an idea for you, UR. ;)

Do you have lids on your trashcans?

Jody
11-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Well, since you have disappeared....

I will relay it, before I forget what my idea 'was'. :D

If you do use the lids on the cans....

I would make a squirrel potion. Yep, a squirrel potion.

2 cups vasoline
1/2 cup "Stupid Hot" sauce
--> http://www.allspicedup.biz/site/962597/product/52-6081462
1 cup peanuts

Melt, but do not even get close to a boil.
Allow to re-set as a gel - this is the only way all will 'blend together'.

Spread on trash can.

Az Snake
11-23-2007, 12:41 PM
Simple.

Get your squirrel a hobby.

Then he won't bother your trash can.

Teach your squirrel to water ski !

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6546/waterskisquirrelgx9.jpg

KCL
11-23-2007, 01:19 PM
Simple.

Get your squirrel a hobby.

Then he won't bother your trash can.

Teach your squirrel to water ski !

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/6546/waterskisquirrelgx9.jpg

AZ,did you teach your squirrel to do that?:laugh:

Uncle Buck
11-23-2007, 01:32 PM
trap him in a cage and he won't be so cocky....

up :grillin: and have a tasty snack :hungry:

Why, KC!! Didn't know you had such an *evil* streak in ya, m'dear!? Somehow, I cannot believe that you would actually roast my furry little friend... you just wanna be a brat that you are... right????

:laugh:

Sendin' her information to PETA...

KCL
11-23-2007, 01:40 PM
Why, KC!! Didn't know you had such an *evil* streak in ya, m'dear!? Somehow, I cannot believe that you would actually roast my furry little friend... you just wanna be a brat that you are... right????

:laugh:

Sendin' her information to PETA...

Yep...thats me a brat? But remember we are related.:laugh:

underrated29
11-23-2007, 01:45 PM
thanks jode.

Yes i do have...well sorta now. Squirrell chewed a perfect circle through the lid of the trash can. Righ tnow i have it plugged with a diaper... i figured he wouldn't want to eat through that. The gel sounds good though.

az- he has a hobby chewing up all my trash...

I have noticed that he likes to drink water out of this little plant thingy my wife has on the deck. i think what i am going to do is fill up the bottom of it with everclear....*caution*- dont drink and climb...maybe a few falls from the deck, or od on alcolhol will keep him away

Jody
11-23-2007, 06:29 PM
thanks jode.

Yes i do have...well sorta now. Squirrell chewed a perfect circle through the lid of the trash can. Righ tnow i have it plugged with a diaper... i figured he wouldn't want to eat through that. The gel sounds good though.

az- he has a hobby chewing up all my trash...

I have noticed that he likes to drink water out of this little plant thingy my wife has on the deck. i think what i am going to do is fill up the bottom of it with everclear....*caution*- dont drink and climb...maybe a few falls from the deck, or od on alcolhol will keep him away

Diaper Defense? :D well, the gel will not wash off if it rains/snows. The hot sauce will 'stick' to their feet, nose, tongue, etc. That's 'all' I was thinking - something to make that squirrel think twice about your trashcan.

Uncle Buck
11-23-2007, 07:37 PM
Yep...thats me a brat? But remember we are related.:laugh:

Oh noooooooo! Must you _remind_ me?? :D

KCL
11-23-2007, 07:40 PM
Oh noooooooo! Must you _remind_ me?? :D

You are the one who reminded me when you called me a brat...:laugh:

Uncle Buck
11-23-2007, 07:49 PM
You are the one who reminded me when you called me a brat...:laugh:

well, brat or no "brat" (which you *are*), you know your favorite "uncle" loves you anyway! <smile>

KCL
11-23-2007, 08:00 PM
well, brat or no "brat" (which you *are*), you know your favorite "uncle" loves you anyway! <smile>

I know he does........:dance:

broncosfanscott
11-24-2007, 01:45 AM
First, I have to say that I have laughed so hard at reading some of these posts. :laugh:

Underrated, how about getting a metal trash can.

underrated29
11-24-2007, 05:41 PM
First, I have to say that I have laughed so hard at reading some of these posts. :laugh:

Underrated, how about getting a metal trash can.

and let him win. No way. Theres too much pride to lose in this one. no squirrell will beat me. *evil laugh* ARGHHH HAAA HAA HAA HAA.

He will cease his mission by my accord. not because he is unable to get to the goods.

Jody
11-24-2007, 07:32 PM
and let him win. No way. Theres too much pride to lose in this one. no squirrell will beat me. *evil laugh* ARGHHH HAAA HAA HAA HAA.

He will cease his mission by my accord. not because he is unable to get to the goods.

That's the spirit UR!

KCL
11-24-2007, 07:39 PM
That's the spirit UR!

Its going to take more than spirit to stop the critter.He probably already
has a plan in place to counter anything UR is planning...:cool:

Jody
11-24-2007, 07:42 PM
Its going to take more than spirit to stop the critter.He probably already
has a plan in place to counter anything UR is planning...:cool:

yeah, lady....this could end up being the 'longest thread' in the history of Bronco football!:laugh:

KCL
11-24-2007, 07:43 PM
yeah, lady....this could end up being the 'longest thread' in the history of Bronco football!:laugh:

It could be called the "Squirrel Bowl"....:laugh:

Jody
11-24-2007, 07:56 PM
It could be called the "Squirrel Bowl"....:laugh:

OMG!!!! I LOVE THAT IDEA!

We could hire this guy for the photographer---> http://www.photographyblog.com/gallery/data/3018/994Squirrel_Shoots_Back.jpg

underrated29
11-24-2007, 09:14 PM
well then you can call me tom brady, because there is no beating me!:cool:

(unless of course the broncos make the playoffs, because then we will beat him. If thats the case call me john, call me peyton, or any other dude, but as long as i'm around that squirrell is screwed!

broncosfanscott
11-25-2007, 12:43 AM

Well, then in that case, get the video camera, load the super-soaker with hot sauce of some sort and let loose.

Jody
11-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Ah ha! Did you *give up* UR? ;)

No news on the squirrel....may we assume the squirrel won? :D

underrated29
11-28-2007, 10:21 PM
sorry guys, when i get busy or do other stuff i dont log off. So it shows that i am on, but really am not.

Anyways....

I am the winner!!!

it is quite disgusting what i did, but i got to keep my pride and rid the squirrell from my poor trash can with a new sun roof.

Ok- this is gross, so i am warning you now.

I took all the left over food...Well let me back track a bit. My 16month old son,(big fat baby) was sick this past week and had an unfortunate extremely long case of the runs. Normally these diapers go in the diaper genie and then the full bag of those ends up in the trash.

However, when i used the diaper to plug the "sun roof" that the squirrell so niely installed in my poor trash can, i noticed that he had tried a sample of the diaper and didnt get to much further.

So, i took the dirty diapers put the left over food/trash in each diaper, mixed it around a bit, and walla.sp?

Now if the taste didnt get to him, maybe the virus my son had did. And let me tell you, we were changing a new diaper every hour or so. And poor wifey got it:laugh:. Seeing her and my son with how bad they were. I can only think about a little squirrell:D:beer:

It lasted about a week for the son and wife. If he is not back by then i think i got in his head.

BOOOYAAA SQUIRRELL- WHAT. WHAT. ugh huh, im the man, its my birthday, its my birthday:elefant:

KCL
11-28-2007, 10:29 PM
Happy Birthday....:laugh:

underrated29
12-01-2007, 06:08 PM
OH BOY,

that was a bad idea. I thought i was so ingenious in my method for getting rid of the squirrell. Before, if he was so kind to leave us with a little presant. It would be one small piece. Kinda like a black penut M&M. Not anymore, I dont know if it was the same thing that hit my son and wife, but he seems to feel the need to go through the same progressions, but only while on top of my grill.

Maybe its the jumping that gets his insides all riled up, but this was a bad idea. Like a combination of tar and the crunchy penut butter.

so heres the new plan.

I am thinking about buying one of those little fly swatter tennis racket things. Has anyone ever seen one of those. They are little miniature tennis rackets, that you swat flies with but they are battery powerd, so that when you make contact with said object (fly,. in my case squirrell) they recieve a nice potent shock.

In highschool a friend had one, and i was dared to do it to my nipple, and it hurt, so i am thinking if i can set up a little trap on the floor. (tennis racket thing). and put a piece of cheese or penut butter or trash on there that when mr. squirrell comes along to get a nibble-BAM!! A nice electric desert. I am hoing that maybe a few rounds and he will dare not venture on the deck again.

Thoughts??

Jody
12-02-2007, 11:08 AM
OH BOY,

that was a bad idea. I thought i was so ingenious in my method for getting rid of the squirrell. Before, if he was so kind to leave us with a little presant. It would be one small piece. Kinda like a black penut M&M. Not anymore, I dont know if it was the same thing that hit my son and wife, but he seems to feel the need to go through the same progressions, but only while on top of my grill.

Maybe its the jumping that gets his insides all riled up, but this was a bad idea. Like a combination of tar and the crunchy penut butter.

so heres the new plan.

I am thinking about buying one of those little fly swatter tennis racket things. Has anyone ever seen one of those. They are little miniature tennis rackets, that you swat flies with but they are battery powerd, so that when you make contact with said object (fly,. in my case squirrell) they recieve a nice potent shock.

In highschool a friend had one, and i was dared to do it to my nipple, and it hurt, so i am thinking if i can set up a little trap on the floor. (tennis racket thing). and put a piece of cheese or penut butter or trash on there that when mr. squirrell comes along to get a nibble-BAM!! A nice electric desert. I am hoing that maybe a few rounds and he will dare not venture on the deck again.

Thoughts??

My thoughts.....you've been beaten and you are too stubborn to admit it. :D
Now you are going to a new 'low' my friend. Swatting squirrels? He's going to win there too. It isn't that I have no faith in you, UR, because I'm positive you are capable, BUT! You've been 'done in' by this little guy. Admit it!:D

underrated29
12-02-2007, 12:22 PM
My thoughts.....you've been beaten and you are too stubborn to admit it. :D
Now you are going to a new 'low' my friend. Swatting squirrels? He's going to win there too. It isn't that I have no faith in you, UR, because I'm positive you are capable, BUT! You've been 'done in' by this little guy. Admit it!:D

NEVER!!!:D

and im am not going to swat him, i am going to put the swatter on the ground in the on position and put a piece of food on it, so when he tries to get the food he gets zapped.

Kapaibro
12-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Dude, you got pwned by a Skwrl!

saddletramp
12-02-2007, 08:45 PM

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/Saddletramp69/SMILEYS/elmer.gif

has always worked for me. http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/Saddletramp69/SMILEYS/huh.gif

Jody
12-02-2007, 09:00 PM
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/Saddletramp69/SMILEYS/elmer.gif

has always worked for me. http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l71/Saddletramp69/SMILEYS/huh.gif

SADDLETRAMP!!!!!!!!!

You've finally come over to join us!

GREAT to see you! I have really missed you guy. :D

saddletramp
12-02-2007, 09:02 PM
SADDLETRAMP!!!!!!!!!

You've finally come over to join us!

GREAT to see you! I have really missed you guy. :D

thanks

check your email.

underrated29
12-24-2007, 04:11 PM
So jody, and co. who would like to know whats going on in the saga of me and the stupid squirrell.

I thought that he was gone or froze to death in the snow. I never found one of those electric flyswatter things. But hadnt seen him for a couple of weeks so for sure thought he was done.

But...This morning i go out and my poor old trash can has now been installed with another sun roof. right next to the first one that the stupid squirrell chewed.

thing is, is there wasnt anything in the trash can, nor was my diaper blocker, that was plugging the first whole he chewed. So i am thinking he like the taste of my trash can.

Why else would he chew a whole other hole, right next to the first one, when nothing was blocking him from entering and nothing was inside it.

thoughts??

Jody
12-24-2007, 04:22 PM
So jody, and co. who would like to know whats going on in the saga of me and the stupid squirrell.

I thought that he was gone or froze to death in the snow. I never found one of those electric flyswatter things. But hadnt seen him for a couple of weeks so for sure thought he was done.

But...This morning i go out and my poor old trash can has now been installed with another sun roof. right next to the first one that the stupid squirrell chewed.

thing is, is there wasnt anything in the trash can, nor was my diaper blocker, that was plugging the first whole he chewed. So i am thinking he like the taste of my trash can.

Why else would he chew a whole other hole, right next to the first one, when nothing was blocking him from entering and nothing was inside it.

thoughts??

Okay....It's Christmas after all, so I really should help you bring an end to this little monster of yours. ;) Put Ammonia in a spray bottle, full strength, and spray inside and outside of your trash can/lid. If he stills finds it appealing UR, then you'll just have to welcome him in as another member of your family!:D BTW, Merry Christmas.

underrated29
12-24-2007, 04:24 PM
Okay....It's Christmas after all, so I really should help you bring an end to this little monster of yours. ;) Put Ammonia in a spray bottle, full strength, and spray inside and outside of your trash can/lid. If he stills finds it appealing UR, then you'll just have to welcome him in as another member of your family!:D BTW, Merry Christmas.

thanks jode,

You too!:beer: <--cider, your not allowed to drink on christmas.:Dj/k

Jody
12-24-2007, 04:55 PM
thanks jode,

You too!:beer: <--cider, your not allowed to drink on christmas.:Dj/k

Ah-ha, too late! I just had a beer. After all, I am the welcoming committee for when the doorbell rings. :D Someone's got to let them in!

So, let's see....for your Christmas celebration, it will be you, the wife, the kids, perhaps some other family members, and a squirrel by the name of "Lucky?" ;)

Zweems56
12-24-2007, 05:28 PM
You still have him after this long? If you do, I suggest getting heavy duty work gloves. Walk up to him (since yous ay he doesnt care.) and just give him a good grab. put him in a cat container, drive like 20 miles away or something and drop him off. Thats my solution.

Kapaibro
12-24-2007, 05:35 PM
You still have him after this long? If you do, I suggest getting heavy duty work gloves. Walk up to him (since yous ay he doesnt care.) and just give him a good grab. put him in a cat container, drive like 20 miles away or something and drop him off. Thats my solution.

This is a squirrel who can survive bad baby poop. That thing is probably half homing pigeon

underrated29
12-24-2007, 06:58 PM
he is a freak of nature!

I still hate him! I really could do the gloves thing, but that requires more work. I just want to outsmart him or something. Actually i am not really quite sure what i want to do. Thats probably why i havent gotten rid of him yet.

And jody just me wifey, 1 fat baby, and mom.

And you have no idea about the baby poop thing. They (wife and son) were horrible

MOtorboat
12-24-2007, 07:03 PM
You don't have any unexplained scratches on your back do you?

Jody
12-24-2007, 10:00 PM
You don't have any unexplained scratches on your back do you?

:scared: This could be a paranormal squirrel UR! :eek:

:cool:

underrated29
12-25-2007, 12:56 AM
if i did my wife would be the one doing the getting rid of....But i wouldnt do that...But before i was married is a whole other story.

OOOOHHHH, like scary scratches just appearing. Nah, none of those. I hope not. But i did have a dream about an animal chasing me off a cliff. Not sure if it was stupid squirell or not.

MOtorboat
12-25-2007, 10:18 AM
if i did my wife would be the one doing the getting rid of....But i wouldnt do that...But before i was married is a whole other story.

OOOOHHHH, like scary scratches just appearing. Nah, none of those. I hope not. But i did have a dream about an animal chasing me off a cliff. Not sure if it was stupid squirell or not.

Well, that's good, because the last animal thread over at the Freak turned into some disturbing news about Bronconut and his dog.

claymore
12-25-2007, 10:28 AM
Under, have you tried a Squirrel Slingshot yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaVRBvaFagA

underrated29
02-21-2008, 06:03 PM
Jody, you would be so proud of me.

Driving to work this morning right in front of my house the stupid squirrell was in the middle of the road nibblin on something. I could have ran the little butthole over but i slowed down and let him get out of my way.

I havent seen him in a while, but i know i am going to regret this. Now that he has seen me i am sure he is going to come looking to add more sun and moon roofs to my trash can.

Jody
02-21-2008, 07:04 PM
Jody, you would be so proud of me.

Driving to work this morning right in front of my house the stupid squirrell was in the middle of the road nibblin on something. I could have ran the little butthole over but i slowed down and let him get out of my way.

I havent seen him in a while, but i know i am going to regret this. Now that he has seen me i am sure he is going to come looking to add more sun and moon roofs to my trash can.

Underrated....I am PROUD of you. :hug: You finally had a chance to nab the little bugger legitimately, and you passed. Ha. They really do have a way of growing on ya. :D I've been thinking of you off and on and missing posting with you, UR. Just remember this when driving.....the Geico commercial. ;) Those squirrels really DO gather round and laugh at us, I honestly believe that. :lol: Also....you can never win, as Squirrels RULE! :D

underrated29
10-23-2008, 11:17 AM
I dont really have any new news on the stupid squirrel because we are renting that place out and i havent lived thier for a while now. But i was just bumping this thread because:

Where is Jody? Jody?

We miss you, you can come out now. Heeeellllooooooo jody are you there?

Can you hear me?

Please come back Jody?

Devilspawn
10-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Get a dog. The squirrel will be gone in a few days one way or another.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-23-2008, 12:57 PM
Thirty-ought-six.